The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by SilentOne)Destiny Flight - QnA
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> Rylanor -- The Building of an Empire
    Messages in Rylanor -- The Building of an Empire
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


Oko

When Moraglin makes her entrance Oko was one of the males watching as she swept into the room like she was the queen of the land and enjoyed the show and movement. It has been a while since he was with his own kind. Putting a squash to the direction his mind had taken he returns to eating his meal and relaxes, leaning up against the wall he will look around at the people in the common room enjoying the unexpected addition of a bard to their evening meal. He notices the 3 huddled in a corner, wonder what they are up to (probably up to no good) and puts them out of his mind. They are just passing through and should not be getting involved in local politics.

When the night winds down he will ask the inn keep what room he is in carrying his bags up with him he will place his stuff under the bed except for 1 bag, strip down out of his clothes, walks over to the bag he had placed onto the bed and open it up. Removing a folded piece of cloth he will spread it out on the floor, go back to the bag and removes a long handled brush and returns to the sheet. Sitting in the middle of the sheet He will then proceed to brush himself down anyone eavesdropping will hear a low rumbling purr. After he completes that chore (that felt GOOD) he will clean out the brush, carefully gather up the sheet by the corners, walk to the window, open it up, looks around for anybody in sight, noting that the air movement was NOT towards him and seeing no one in sight he will then hold the sheet out of the window and give it a good shake. After he finishes he will refold the sheet, close the window, stow everything back into his bag and places it under the bed with the other bag. Oko will then lie down on top of the bed and go to sleep.

In the morning he wakes up as soon as it becomes light he will get up give himself a light brush down (gotta look good for the ladies) do a few stretches to limber up, gets dressed, gathers up his bags and will leave the room. Stopping at the top of the stairs to see who was down already, or not.

Seeing Zara at a table with food He will saunter over to her. “Good Morrrning Zarra Mind if I join you for breakfast?” when she says yes he can Oko will sit down with his bags at his feet but not in the way and his back to the wall with the best view of the room he will then start to eat, And eat well, Free food is not to be wasted. Turning to Zara he will ask “Did you sleep well? Is Morgan doing better today? And is he able to travel?”


Posted on 2008-04-26 at 17:41:12.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Zara


Zara waves Oko over and hopes she ordered enough food.

"Please join me I ordered food for us all. As for Morgan, I did not wake him at all, but his was stirring when I listened at his door. Dae will be down soon and I hear Moraglin humming about her room, so she should be here soon too."

Zara takes a couple of sausages and puts them on her plate.

"I figured we might want to do a long hard ride to leave civilization behind." Not saying that she also wanted to leave behind any would be followers intent on capturing or killing Spetimus. She was very happy Oko remembered to use the alias that they had given Septimus. In fact she liked the name far better than his true one.

"By the way I have already ordered the horses groomed and saddled.

Zara will then tuck into the plate she had piled with food. Even to Oko's view it was a substantial amount. Partway through the meal she will take two pieced of toast. slather them with butter and jelly, pile on some scrambled eggs, sausages sliced the long way, bacon, and some cheese. Folding it up she wraps it in a small cloth. Seeing Oko's eyes on her she smiles.

"My morning snack," and she tucks it into her haversack hanging on her side.


Posted on 2008-04-29 at 18:18:43.

Septimus Sandalwood
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 28/6
196 Posts


Riders Swift, Riders Unseen

He started morosely at the ceiling.

Throughout the night he had tossed, restlessly, unable to keep the dread from icing over his heart, immobilising it. He toyed with the idea of abandonment, an idea that was as cold and emotionless as it was filled with fear. He closed his eyes as he thought back, played with this consideration, the darkness in him, summoning,resurrecting a past scented with a drift of wood-smoke, the citrus scent of uncertainty, almonds in the dusk. The tired pallor of dust on window shades, like creepers.

Opening his exhausted, red-rimmed eyes he noted a spider weaving gossamer poetry in the corner of his room, and smiled faintly. The drag of death near, unexplained always pulled at him, relentlessly driving, welcomed. Guilt and self-loathing followed him like malign specters, reminding him that he had not the bravery to shed his own blood, not to mention the blood of others. Weak.

Groaning slightly, he sat up in bed and swung his legs over the side. He held his head in his hands for a moment, biting back a splitting headache and then with a smooth sweeping movement kicked the empty tray beneath the bed and out of sight. He snarled into the light of day that came whispering in through the window, mindless of his current situation. Grabbing up the disguise ring he slammed the door back on its hinges and made his way sullenly down to breakfast.

Noting Zara and Oko, as the latter was clearly unmistakable he grimaced, an unpleasant expression that looked entirely out of place on his disguise’s clean-cut, boyishly handsome features.

Noting there was no way to avoid them, he stalked unwillingly over to Zara, grumbling a half-meant greeting.

He looked like death.

Dark shadows curved in half-moons under his sunken eyes, his complexion was rather pallid, like sallow, fragile parchment, as was suiting his condition. He nodded towards Oko, a sarcastic smile snaking across his lips at their obvious surprise at his appearance.

“So”, he murmured, his eyes, shifting, hovering on Zara.

“We ride today, I gather”.


Posted on 2008-05-06 at 20:54:53.
Edited on 2008-05-06 at 20:59:57 by Septimus Sandalwood

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Moraglin's Entrance


Moraglin finishes preparing herself for the journey today. There was not much in the way of civilization beyond this place except for small town or two and villages of various sizes gradually giving way to the wilds that ws the last land before the barrens. There ws nothing beyond that well supposedly nothing but the reports that she had read before accepting this assignment. Not that she was happy about it. Her talents were best used in a civilized enviorment. wher her quick wit and intelligence could make a difference.

Here Moraglin was almost to nowhere stuck with a Ranger who hardly said a word, two do gooders and a man on the verge of sanity and perhaps a step over the line. She was supposed to deal with all this and find out what was going on out there where nothing should be.

Morabglin had more than a bad feeling about this adventure, she had had a premonition, a dream when she first decided to undertake this. However Moraglin was not one to give into premonitions without facing it head on in her own way.

Well everyone should be down there by now so it ws time to make her entrance this morning.

She gave an unnecessary twitch to her long split riding gown, long but not quite to the floor,over tight fitting pants and tall boots all decorated with pierced leather and inlays of red and purple in the jet black. She colored her lips and eyes as if going out. Her warpaint so to speak. With a twitch of her hips she sweeps the things into her handy haversak and swung open her door and descended to the main floor of the comon room.

Moraglin's eyes sweep the room and quickly spot Zara, Oko and Ah! Yes, Morgan as he called himself, setted together.

She crossed the room with an easy swaying walk ther elegant gown swishing softly as only the finest silk does.

"Good Morning all, well almost all where is you charming sister Zara? she seems not to be present. I took her for one who would be up early chiding us to hurry and get going. I guess she stayed awake to long last night.

"Hmm, Morgan did you have some tender loving care from our prim miss? Those shadows under you eyes just won't do my boy. With the restoration I gave you yesterday you should have recovered you health overnight without a problem unless you were disturbed and did not eat and sleep as I told you to. Where is the darling girl now? Did you tire her out last night?"

"Well I will have breakfast now and then I do believe we well move on. No rush though."

"Good Morning Oko, I hope I may call you that" Moraglin gives the pure Felani male an assessing look.. "I hope you are feeling fit as a fiddle this fine morning. Perhaps today I can get an opportunity to find out more about you." Moraglin with with a light arch of interest in her eyebrow.


Posted on 2008-05-07 at 05:32:11.
Edited on 2008-05-11 at 01:52:48 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Dae

Dae walks into the common room from the stable yard to find the rest up and gathered for breakfast. Morgan she noted was transformed by his ring to disguise who he was. SHe also noted taht despite the the healing he received there were still dark shadows under his eyes.

Dae hoped it did him some good though. "Light make it so" she intones under her breath. She had rising with the sun to greet it and the new day was was her custom. Then she had the stablemen prepare their horses so all would be ready for the journey when they had finished breakfast.

Closing over to the table she caught just the end of what Moraglin was saying to Oko.

"Good Morning, I have all the horses being saddled and made ready so when we are finished we can get started again." said Dae as she moves forward to their table. "I would like to get a early start and make as much time as possible to Harrington." which is not the way they were headed but night put someone off their trail. not that she could see any other than local types in here for breakfast before setting to their days labors. However thought Dae not being use to the skullduggery, the best spies would appear to be nothing more that locals. Dae did not like subterfuge she like things straight out and unfortunately thing like what she was faced with right now.



Posted on 2008-05-07 at 05:49:17.

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


Good Morning

While Oko was eating, he looked up when he heard someone descending the stairs, seeing that it was Septimus he will return to eating his breakfast. When the next person starts to descend the stairs he will again look up upon seeing it was Moraglin. He will again turn back to his plate but will surreptitiously watch her from the corner of his eye as she approaches the table. (Good movement there)

Moraglin gives the pure Felani male an assessing look and with a light arch of interest in her eyebrow. "I hope you are feeling fit as a fiddle this fine morning. Perhaps today I can get an opportunity to find out more about you” Said Moraglin.
“Hummm, Maybe. And yes you may call me Oko.” (As he finishes up his meal.) “Most of my frriends do so. The food herre is very good, I could get used to such fine eating.” After eating enough food for 2 big men, He pushes back his plate and stands up, looks at Zara like he is going to say something when Dae approaches and makes her announcement of

“Good Morning, I have all the horses being saddled and made ready so when we are finished we can get started again."
“Good Morrning Dae, Pardon me for leaving just as you get herre, It takes a bit of time to get the armorr onto Shadow Rrrunner and adjusted corrrectly, after it has been completely cleaned and polished.” With that he will leave the common room and head to the stables carrying his bags.

When he enters, he finds all of the horses cleaned and well groomed. Surprised to find that Shadow was not only well groomed, but that his main and tail had been not only rebrushed but was rebraided as well. The stable boy he had spoken to yesterday, had the bulk of the horse armor on a tarp (the larger and heavier pieces) and was helping 2 other boys as they worked to get the lighter parts attached. A younger girl was petting the horse and was softly singing to him. The horse was in 7th heaven. All the attention he could ever hope for. Chuckling Oko will walk up to the boys noting that nobody had been bit or hit will tell them “You do good work I thank you, and as you can see Shadow is very happy as well. Who is the young lady with the pretty voice?”

“That is my sister sir, She likes horses spealy gray ones since you said he likes to be petted I kinda thought if she were to pet him he would not mind so many of us as we get this armor on. He is a very strong horse to carry all this” He says in a single breath excitedly.

“Yes, Shadow is very strong and he does like kids. My sister’s daughter would come out and give him treats and sing to all the horses, who did the braiding?” Oko will ask as he helps the boys with the armor.

“My sister did the main last night and the tail this morning, my da’ said that she is the bestst there is when it comes to braidin”

With the help of the 3 boys Oko has Shadow ready in no time. After the horse is fully tacked up and his bags stowed, Oko will turn to the oldest stable boy and gives him 3 copper as promised and then 2 silvers for the rush job of cleaning and polishing the armor. After that Oko will walk up to the girl squat down to look her in the eye and asks “What is yourr name little one?”

“A..Ariel s..sir” was the quit shy reply as Ariel twisted a button on her sleeve.

“Arrriel, that is a prretty name. I would like to thank you for helping your brothers, doing such a good job at rebraiding Shadow Rrunners main and tail, and singing to him. You have made him verry happy. Forr that I will give you this” he hands her a copper “this is for you Arrriel, Thank you again” he will nod his head to her and then stands up (this kid is a just about waist high to him) He hears a quit “T,,thank you s,,sir” at which he will politely nod his head again.

He will then lead Shadow over to where the rest of the horses are waiting and wait along with them for the rest of the gang.



Posted on 2008-05-09 at 06:25:49.
Edited on 2008-05-09 at 06:47:49 by Oko

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


waiting

Oko will lean back against the rail and start to snooze in the warm sun light


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 14:56:25.
Edited on 2008-05-21 at 17:49:52 by Oko

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


is that a typo?? or too much time has past?

Oko notices there was a typo on the last post. He goes back and fixes it. Then he will stretch and yawn in that order. Walks back to the hitching post, pet Shadow Runner on the nose and does the same for the other horses to get them used to his smell. Then it is back to the nice sunny spot, lean against the rail, close his eyes. Open them with a snap....was that a person sneaking around the corner? Yes it was, Oko will follow one of the guys he saw the previous night very quietly, like a cat stalking a mouse. The fellow will stop at the side window of the Loo (outhouse) and peak in. Oko can hear that some one is using it. Taking a deep breath Oko hollers in a voice that will carry a LONG way

“HEY!! YOU!! THE ONE PEEKING INTO THE OUTHOUSE. YEAH YOU! MANGY RUNT DRESSED IN BROWN COME HERE!”

The guy jumps and with a scared look in the direction the voice came from will take one look and pelts out of there like he had been shot. At the same time there is a female yell from inside the outhouse and the barmaid followed by another guy runs out of the same Loo. Him holding his pants and she adjusting her skirt. Oko will shout “HEY SORRY YOU TWO”

Oko will walk back to the rail and lean against it, enjoying the warm sun shine.


Posted on 2008-05-21 at 18:07:33.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Zara


After everyone seems to have finished eating, Zara bounces up and with a theatrical florish swings her cape about her shoulder only to hit herself in the face. Withoust pause she heads for the door of the inn.

"Come on, people, its a great day for a picnic." and then hurries out the door to almost run into one of the bar maids with a face like a boiled beet, and a young man about the same color.

She raises an eyebrow and then lets them pass as she steps from the porch and heads towards where the horses are tethered and Oko seems to be cat-napping.

"Morning Oko, I think the others are behind me, what do you say we play a trick on them. Let's thake the horses behind the barn and make thim think we left alreadey. Better still let's mount up and start down the road without them. Maybe next time they will hurry a bit faster."

Zara's devious teenage mind was considering any numbere of other alternatives to the standard pranks most teenagers could come up with, but that would reveal things she choose to keep hidden.





Posted on 2008-05-21 at 18:35:09.

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


Interesting

“The horrses could use a bit of a rrun, but we should settle to just out of sight. Some folks might panic if their horrse is not where it should be and enough panic has happened this Morrrning.” At that point a chuckle rumbles deep inside as he mounts up on his hose holding the reins to a couple of other horses, waits for Zara to mount up the move to the side of the building out of sight of the back door.


Posted on 2008-05-21 at 18:44:47.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Zara


Zara's smile lights the day and she jumps into her saddle and gathers up the reins of the rest of the horses.

"Best to move quick."

She turns her horse and goes to lead them to the appointed hiding place when one of them balks and that yanks her out of the saddle. A fantastic display of aerial acrobatics ends with Zara standing on her feet facing the horses she was to be leading, while her own horse turned its head to regard her with some interest.

At least she was not on the seat of her pants.

A line of swear words issues from her mouth, most of the untranslateable.


Posted on 2008-05-21 at 19:55:52.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Dae

Dae rising up when she hears Oko's voice raised at someone. She did not know who until the barmaid scurried back in with a red face follows by a young fellow.

Dae turns to Moraglin and Septimus.

"It is time to get moving again. the day is wasting away without us having accomplished anything," Dae heads out the door. She is fresh and ready and her interrupted sleep did not seem to affect her at all.

It was true thy had lost time but hopefully they could make it up today.

She slung up her pack and walked outside. There were only two horse left, hers and Septimus's. Zara and Oko were not in sight, though their horses' hoof prints were clear enough on the raked yard heading out of the courtyard.

Dae Sighed, Now what were they up to. She mounted her stallion and waited for Moraglin and Septimus before following the tracks.

When Moraglin walked out, she offered. "I think they had ridden on a bit to hurry us up. Most likely this is Zara's doing it is sort of tricks she likes to play."


Posted on 2008-05-21 at 21:13:08.
Edited on 2008-05-21 at 21:35:42 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Moraglin

Moraglin stand leisurely but does not move on until Septimus rises. "You first. I want to make sure I do not loose you. Not after all my efforts yesterday. What did you do to that girl. She didn't go back into your room as scheduled." MOraglin studied "Morgan". She cast something but it has not visual effects that Septimus can tell.

"I hoped you ate those meals and continue to do so. You should be looking better than you are but it is certainly an improvment over how I found you yesterday."

"Come on now THe4 journey continues." Then she just left him as if she did not care even after saying she did.

Outside she takes a look at Dae already mounted. Placing the obsidian statue on the ground, once again it transforms into a huge black war horse complete with barding.

"Impressive isn't he." Moraglin turns to Dae. Moraglin mounts up with a dignified elegance even in her robes. She settles them about her as if carefully arranging her gpwn and robes before going out into the public. "There now all donwe. Shall we join the others?"

Moraglin followed Dae's Sunfire out of the courtyard. She manifested a bunch of roses in her had Dark red ones and then drop a petal every few feet for Septimus to follow.




Posted on 2008-05-21 at 21:31:48.
Edited on 2008-05-21 at 21:38:04 by Brianna

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


Merrowyn oko Windstrider aka Oko

Around the corner

After turning the corner Oko will pass the lead rope to the pack horse to Zara. “Shadow wants to run a bit.” He will tell her, turning his horse onto the road Oko will lean forward and at that que the big horse leaps forward and thunders down the road, after a mile or so. Oko will straighten up to slow down Shadow who reluctantly slows down; after all he did like running all out.

At the top of a small raise on the road, the rider on a large gray horse will finally stop. His horse restive and impatient will paw the ground with a massive hoof as his rider looks around at the green landscape. Pulling on the reins to turn the great horse Oko will trot back towards the inn. He is a bit concerned that he did not see any caravans on the road or anything moving so is a bit more watchful on his trip back. His horse moving freely and easy like the weight he carried was nothing the trip back to the inn was eventful.


Posted on 2008-05-31 at 17:11:02.
Edited on 2008-06-03 at 06:19:47 by Oko

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Zara

Zara turns to the others as they come up. "Oko has gone to let his horse have a good run. He should be back soon. He went thatway if we want to ride and catch up to him. No need for him to back track to find us."

She give a long look a Septimus. If he did not snap out of his funk soon, she would take matters into her own hands, so to speak. She was beginning to understand just how young he was. That that he was as young as her in her way, but both of them had experiences that gave them a differnet type of maturity, though Septimus seemed to be a lot less forgiving of himself.

"Time to go," she said brightly. "I just hope we find some more adventurers to join us. Our ranks are a bit thin."



Posted on 2008-06-04 at 01:34:49.
Edited on 2008-06-04 at 03:38:10 by Dragon Mistress

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.