The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3985 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Chessicfayth)Destiny's Flight
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Talynthar)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - RPG utilities? (posted by Eol Fefalas)RPG utilities?
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> Rylanor -- The Building of an Empire
    Messages in Rylanor -- The Building of an Empire
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Dae

Dae was still divided about what to do but she took a clue from Moraglin and walked to the door. Fighting an urge to say something but not knowing what to say or do she walked out the door without a backward glance.

Outside Dae mounted her steed and gathered the reins of her war horse. She turned slowly to where Zara pointed and rode off.

Dae walked her horse out of the courtyard, until he had stretched his legs and finally canter off leaving Septimus behind. She would have helped him fight his demons but he was not ready it seemed to let anyone help him.

To say Dae did not worry as her horse carried her further off would be an untruth. But she did keep focused on the main task to get to the tower in the Barren lands and find out what is going on.


Posted on 2008-06-04 at 03:45:57.
Edited on 2008-06-04 at 03:46:33 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Moraglin

Moraglin moved outdoors and took out her obsidian steed at eh command word it transformed into a huge destrier. You know I really wish you would have been a bit smaller. She mutters to the uncaring steed and she gathers the reins and mounts with a spring to her step.

Her catoid heritage was clearly revealed in the full light of day. The overall effect was of a woman of exotic looks and haughty bearing. Her sleek black hair and her golden-green eyes scanned the area before she set he steed to follow along with Dae.

Oko was waiting on a hill watching them approach as they left the town. Moraglin did not hurry any just because he was there waiting. No, she let her horse move along easily in keeping wit her dignity. HE had hurried yesterday to catch them Today she was not so pressed. No, today she would make a statement of how things would be while she was with this group.


Posted on 2008-06-04 at 03:59:24.
Edited on 2008-06-26 at 04:36:25 by Brianna

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


The trail

Oko will meet the group, noticing the missing Septimus and Jason. He will look at Dae, and asks the obvious “Are they not coming?” at her shrug he will take the lead rope from Zara and head to his customary place towards the back of the group, letting Dae take the lead.

This party keeps getting smaller he musses and he can not help but wonder who will be next. 2 days 4 people gone at this rate that tower will not be looked into and the Barrens could cause trouble. At least he will continue as long as he can if all else fail. In any case it is not every day one gets to ride along with 2 lovely ladies and 1 good looking teenager that show the signs of great beauty in the works.

As they ride Oko will keep an eye out for any trouble. At lunch time he will pull out the gray mare and do a tack trade and lead Shadow so he can rest and Oko can get used to the smaller horse and she to him


Posted on 2008-06-05 at 22:56:15.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


The Day


Farms become sparce, roads become tracks and soon their surroundings seem to be all wild and untamed. Wildlife is there but run at the sound of the horses feet beating the ground. Hunters and trappers still work the area. The group rides deep into the day pausing to rest the horses, let them drink and eat as they themselves eat and drink.

By late afternoon the party climbs a low set of hills reaches the top by evening. It was soon time to look for a camp for the night.


Posted on 2008-06-12 at 05:36:31.

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


Nightfall and camp

After setting up their camp in a defensible position, Oko will tend to his horses. While both Dae and Zara consulting together for some kind of dinner plans, Oko will walk to the edge of camp. As he watches the trail they rode here on, looking for anyone following or rushing to catch up, his eyes detects movement from an unexpected direction. A large soap bubble? Drifting through the sky against the flow of wind it passes quietly overhead. As Oko watches it, it flows onward. Being near the top of a hill Oko has a very long view. The bubble looked to be getting bigger as it approaches the ground in about the area of the last village they had stayed at. The bubble sinks and instead of disappearing it rises back up dribbling stuff from the bottom. While a dull boom accompanied with a rumbling of the earth (like a very heavy Something had hit the ground} A split will appear on the bottom of the bubble and a lot of stuff falls out of it, then the it mends itself back up, getting smaller in the process. With trepidation he watches it approach the group and pass back overhead in about the same path it took before. Going over the mountain range ahead of them, it disappears from view. It looked like it was going the same direction they were, The Barrens.

Oko realizes that his ears were pinned back and that he had “fluffed out“ a bit taking a few minutes to calm himself, he will return back to camp with a feral look in his eyes. Unsure what to tell the ladies.


Posted on 2008-06-22 at 19:39:30.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Dinner


A fire is blazing merrily when Oko returns and ther is a delicious smell of food cooking, coming from a large copper pot hanging over the fire from under a tripod.

"Good timing, Oko," Zara waved a ladle at Oko, "Dinner's ready," Zara called out to the group. She is standing by the fire with am apron looking like a cook's helper. "It's lamb stew, from my mother's favorite recipe."

She will serve as the other bring over their bowls. On a table off to the side of the fire is bread, butter, cheese and a pot of honey.





Posted on 2008-06-24 at 00:21:59.

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


alone time?

Oko will eat dinner quietly mulling over what he had seen. That no one noticed the boom and shaking meant that he has to be extra vigilant during watches and off watch as much as possible. He will finally speak up after a bit.

“I do not think we will be joined by ether Septimus or Jason any time soon. Dae, Can you please remove that black monster of Septimus from your bag and talk to it? We may need an extra mount in the future and it is best to get him used to us as soon as possible to avoid issues later besides a horse that distrustful will make a good watch animal. Good stew Zara” he will add with a nod in her direction after he finished up his bowl.

Oko will take care of his own dishes and help a bit with the clean up. ((Moraglin is a bit quit tonight, I should get her alone a bit and ask her what is up)) he thinks as he did his camp chores. And will watch for an opportunity to get her alone.


Posted on 2008-06-26 at 03:32:21.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Dae non-Druidess

Dae shakes her head signifying th negative,"I am afraid that simply talking to his stallion will not make him a tractable mount. She adds with a smile. "I am no druid to sway the mind of a beast. Given time I may well be able to help him overcome his anger. I thought Septimus would join us but it seems that it is not to be."

"I do not know about Jason a t all he just seemed to disappear once we go to town. No one saw him leave but he ws nowhere I could find. I am honor bound to continue this quest.

"I should have left the horse with Septimus, they get along, birds of a feather."

Dae scoops the rest of the lamb stew up with her last piece of bread wiping her bowl mostly clean.

"That was good Zara, I must remember to thank you mother for teaching you hhow to cook so well. I can't make do and feed myself but that is about it.

"I don't know what I can do about that horse. I would not want to just turn him loose but neither do I wish to keep him in my bag forever. Anyone had any suggestions?"


Posted on 2008-06-26 at 03:57:40.
Edited on 2008-06-26 at 04:37:29 by Brianna

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


horses

"That horrse is a bit too small to supporrt my weight and amrmorr, so would not be a good mount for me. we can prrretend that he is a pack animal but would most likely try to attack me. Zarra you said you spoke to the mule. can you speak to that horrse as well? Can you get him to not attack anyone in this parrty?

Dae is right, to leave him in a bag foreverr is doing the horrse a dis-service and it is best not to turrn him loose. I do not mind taking care of another horrse but do not want to get bit. Also Shadow is a bit prrotective and might take exeptions to the Blacks attacks." This is the most anyone have heard from Oko in one sitting let alone all day.


Posted on 2008-06-26 at 04:16:43.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Moraglin

Moraglin ws tired of the saddle by the time they stopped. Tired of riding over hill and dale. The others did not seem to mind this mode of transportation but it was something that Moraglin would just as soon not doing. As she dismounted her legs felt weak. Ugh, this would never do. No telling how much further they would have to travel like this once the reached the Barrens nor how long it would take to cross that defiled landscape.

Moraglin shook out her garments from the dust of the trail. and snapped her fingers cast clean and fresh on herself. Taking a deep sniff she was please t find she no longer smelled like her horse.

Moraglin walk over to where the other gathers after changeing her Obsidian mount back into a statue. The other cared for their horses. She was quite happy that she didn't have to so that task. She carried the pack she had taken on her mount and search around inside for what she wanted. Taking out a rolled rug she grabbed a corner and shook it out. About 3 paces wide by 4 paces long she gave and command word and it floated some and a half feet off the ground. Wiht a sigh almost a purr, she sat down on it and drew out a few pillows and her soft fluffy blanket. Her bed was made

"What's for dinner she said as she reclined back on her floating bed," Moraglin asked

This whole trip would have been unnecessary had she been able to just cast a remote Wizard's Eye on the place. She had been working on such a spell but it wasn't ready yet. Direction it to the right place presented the biggest hurdle as was the speed at which she could send it out. Right not it flew at normal speed but that was not fast enough, it had taken her hours to cover the measured distance she knew well distance to her target sites.

When Oko asked his question of Dae. Moraglin listen to the response. She too was wondering why the strange young man did not show up again. She waited until every one else had their say about how to solve the horse problemm then offered her solution..

"Do not worry, I will take care of the horse matter tonight. I will take the steed back to him. I whiz marked him when I healed him yesterday. I can teleport to where he is and drop the beast off. You day they are two of a kind, whatever that really means, I do not know him well enough nor really care enough to contemplate what you say but I could hazard a guess. Birds of a feather, and all that." Moraglin uttered dismissively.

"If you have anything you might want form that last little village we were in, just let me know. Right now I need to rest."



Posted on 2008-06-26 at 04:33:32.

Utan the Orange
Resident
Karma: 23/18
458 Posts


Greetings from the darkness

Clint had not planned on riding into the night, but had found no suitable place to camp -- yet.

No sooner had that thought crossed his mind than he noticed the glow of a campfire from beyond the hilltops to his left. No stranger, he, to approaching camps at night. He knew courtesy, and he knew prudence. As he rode toward the glow, he pulled his sword around to his front so the peace-tie would be visible if lit. He then eached back and pulled the drawstring at the top of his quiver snug to prevent the drawing of arrows, and left his bow slung cross his shoulders.

That done, he crossed his arms on his chest and guided Ponk with his knees and shifting weight until he could detect movement within the circle of firelight. There was a smell from the direction of the camp -- light, faint -- unidentifiable by Clint. Animal, yet not. Humanoid, yet different. But those intending to hide would not have a fire. Clint stopped Ponk, waited a few seconds, and raised his voice -- only slightly, enough to be heard at the camp and not much further beyond. "Hello the camp! One who comes in peace awaits both greeting and escort to your fire. There are no weapons drawn or in hand."

To his black bear companion, he said, "Quiet, Oso. Sit and be patient. And be nice!"

He knew he had the advantage of seeing more of them than they could of him -- initially. So he waited. Calmly, patiently, quietly ...


Posted on 2008-06-30 at 19:15:45.
Edited on 2008-06-30 at 19:17:45 by Utan the Orange

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


The Voice from the dark

While the ladies were getting ready to bed down Oko was keeping watch. His ears pick up a human voice hailing the camp. Oko will tell the ladies to get ready for some company. Then answers the lone voice.

“If you come in peace you arre welcome to sharre ourr camp” the voice low but carries well.

As the strangers approach he sees a fairly large feloni He is aprox 6 and a half feet tall at least. He must weigh around 300 to 350 pounds, with the typical muscular build of the Felani (think Thunder Cats with no tails) unmistakably he looks to be a fighter. He has 2 long swords one on each side and a Bastard sword on his back, He is dressed fairly simply in leather paints, a shirt that covers up most of a chain shirt under it, A pair of leather gloves are tucked in his belt, he looks like a leopard with rather large spots but he is mostly gray with darker spots (clouded snow leopard pattern. His cloak is medium grey as well and lined in green.

Oko will watch the stranger as he approaches with the unblinking watchfulness of a hunting cat.



Posted on 2008-06-30 at 19:45:20.

Utan the Orange
Resident
Karma: 23/18
458 Posts


Enter and sign in, please ...

Clint urges Ponk forward with a pressure from his knees again. He looked at Oso and clucked, then shook his head in semi-amuesement at the slow, lazy movement of the bear to get back up on all fours to accompany him. And so they approached the fire and the fire-makers. Even on Ponk's back, Clint could not have cut an imposing figure. At almost -- almost -- five and a half feet tall and slender, the longbow he had slung across his shoulders seemed taller than he was. Likewise, the bastard sword had pulled to his front to show the peace-tie seemed inordinately large for him. Tied on his horse, behind the saddle, was a canvas-wrapped bundle, large but well-balanced, for it moved very little on its own as the horse slowly walked inward.

The rider's green, feathered woodsman's cap (a la Robin Hood) complimented his light brown studded armor over which was worn a Mithril Mail shirt. At his wrists were finely made silver bracers with copper inlays. His cap was tilted back to show his white-blonde hair, and the firelight showed his light blue eyes clearly, His eyes had a slight elvish tilt to them, and his ears had only a vestigial point at the top. These indicated, to the knowing, elven descent but not elven purity. Even in the firelight, it could be seen that the rider was not young. Some few, relatively minor, scars showed on the face and hands as light streaks on moderately-tanned skin. The smile-lines on the face, and the patience and practiced moves used to indicate inoffensiveness also showed years of experience. A person, at a a glance, could reasonably assume the rider was middle-aged, whatever number that meant according to his race or heritage.

The dirty-white steed he rode was obviously a trained warhorse, noted in gait and carriage. On his right side, a largish black bear was to be seen. And having been seen, the bear sat. The horse seemed to take that as a signal to stop also, and did so. Clint gave an exasperated look, and sighed loudly, then dismounted, still hands-free, hands down and palms forward as he slid from the saddle to the ground. The unidentifiable smell was suddenly identifiable, for facing him was one of the biggest Felanis he had seen in his life. More-than-capable warriors, with or without weapons, Clint had been told. He had also been told that they were dealers in truth, honesty, and honor.

"My name is Clint. I have been called Clint of the East Wood, which is the meaning of my surname, Estenvoode. I seek nothing in particular except, at this point, companionship, however brief. On this journey, I seek rather to let chance determine my companions and encounters"

Indicating the horse, "This is Ponk, carrier and companion for many years. The dark, lumbering hulk on the other side is Osonaar, another companion, although somewhat more intractable and unruly than most animals I have been associated with."

Here the stranger pauses and smiles in genuine openness. "Would you allow me to share your fire and company for the night? Refusal would not be taken as a slight, for one cannot be too careful these days. But perhaps the sharing of stories and information would be of benefit to all of us."


Posted on 2008-06-30 at 21:15:24.
Edited on 2008-07-01 at 22:49:03 by Utan the Orange

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Dae

Dae steps forward a step towards the newcomer. She is an elven looking young women who is dressed in fine golden armor and carried herself as a warrior as well except she is taller than most elves here abouts. Whoever all her other proportions seem in keeping with pure blooded elves. Those sensitive to her aura of good can figure out she is half-celestial--a half-Solar to be precise. Her hair is pale is like spun gold, her eyes bright cerulean blue, her skinned lightly tanned with a golden hue. Her armor is golden in color and she carries two long swords one on each hip. She carries herself as a warrior does, poised, in balance and ready for action however it is done with all the grace of her mothers people, the elves.

Dae wears a holy symbol of the Light over a tabard usually chosen to blend her into her surroundings.

As Dae gazes directly into the stranger eyes as he moved forward even though he is mostly in the darkness with but the reflected glow of the small fire to give light to see by. Purposely she keeps her hands from her swords as she motions to Clint to come forward as she addresses him.

“Please join us, Cline Estenvoode, for companionship and conversation. You are welcome to our fire and your companions as well. Have you supped yet? If not we have plenty left.” Dae adds as she moves to give Clint room at the fire, her tone is warm and inviting.

I am Dalyndra Goldwings, this is my half sister Zara” Dae points to girl who appears to be a slender very young elf more child than adult who looks up from the cooking fire, and this is Oko, for short,” she gestures towards the big Felani standing watchfully at the newcomer.. “There is one other in our party but she is away for the moment and will return later.”


Posted on 2008-07-02 at 01:07:49.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Zara

"Yes, welcome." The elf child, so she seemed to be stood and beckoned to Clint with a ladle in hand. "The stew pot is still full despite Oko trying to drain it. Lamb stew, my mother's recipe." she pointed to the pot hanging over the fire.

"Your companion is welcome to a bowl full also." she pointed to the beast, unafraid. "It's alright bear, I will not eat you."

It was an odd thing for her to say, but then why had Oso stopped when he finally got close enough to see her. Odd.

She opens a bag hanging from her side, "There I thought I had extra bowls, and even one big enough for the bear." She pulls a regular bowl and then a really big bowl out of the bag that did not look big enough to hold them. "We have fresh bread and butter and honey and cheese, and fruit tarts, I hope that is enough for you."

She starts to fill each of the bowls, ladling lots of the delicious smelling stew into the bowl for the bear. She walked up and handed the two bowls to Clint. "Come sit by the fire, it makes the night cheery."

There is a log that they are using to sit on and the fire was neatly made and banked to produce the most heat with the least amount of wood.

Then Zara filled her bowl again and brings over a tray with the bread, a crock of butter, a hunk of cheese, a pot of honey and about a dozen fruit filled tarts. "There is more if you want, even for you Oko."


Posted on 2008-07-02 at 03:44:59.
Edited on 2008-07-04 at 03:50:47 by Dragon Mistress

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.