The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members: Eol Fefalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


No Sense in Staying Here.

Quickly following Billy back to where the others where he listened as there was talk of trying to bandage the hurt wolf and maybe heal it. "Personaly if I were injured so and there was little hope for becomming whole again i would rather join my god than be left crippled here. Then he addresses Riddles statement perhaps we should begin moving away from here what ever it was that led the attack knows we are here i think it would be wise to put as much distence as possible between us and this place, your thoughts." Yes I think it might be a good idea although it looks to be awhile before sunrise yet I see no reason for us to stay in this place any longer. Having said his peice Thor goes to his horse and calms em down by speaking softly and stroking it's neck reassuring the creature that all is well even if he doesn't feel it is.


Posted on 2008-02-27 at 16:30:46.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Healing


"I want to try a Healing Spell on the Wolf. She does a quick visual to check its gender. It is not the wolf's fault that some Evil mage possessed to to attack us."

Alea compassion for the wolf is great, she had always loved wolves. As Elves venerate nature, Alea feels that Corellon would agree with her decision to heal it.


Posted on 2008-02-28 at 02:16:44.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Onward?

Location: Northpoint Road – South Southwest
Date/Time: Day Two / two hours till sunrise

Once everyone is back at the camp and all seems well, except for: The wounded wolf and two sleeping wolves. Siliwen apparently crying out for Joriel and no one paying her any attention.

Alea attempts to heal the crippled wolf. She prays to Corellon and spreads out her hands on the wounded animal. A warm glow spreads over the animal and it cries out as if in pain and then collapses. The strain was apparently too much for it to bear; it is dead.

The other sleeping wolves awaken after a minute or two and look around briefly, when spoken to they quickly flee off through the brush looking quite scared and confused.

Thor finds the horses to be unharmed since it appears the wolves were not interested in them at all. After talking to the mounts for a couple of minutes they are all calm again as they no longer smell any danger.

Siliwen no longer sees her former mentor, but the memory of his vision still remains. As she stands there right where she saw him, she looks down and sees footprints in the dirt on the exact spot. Yet even as she watches they fade from view.

(Assuming the party is packing up to leave)

They gather their things and break camp and by the time they are ready to travel they can see the sky beginning to lighten in the West. Now the only decision is what direction they will head and will they stick to the road or not.

Location: Northpoint Road – South Southwest
Date/Time: Day Two / one hour till sunrise

(OOC: Not much to post here as not many actions were taken. Post at will.)


Posted on 2008-02-29 at 01:35:14.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Comforting words

Billy gathered up his backpack and prepared for travel. As he did he noticed that Siliwen looked rather shaken and so he moved closer to her. "I think it is safe now. The wolves have all gone and the strange man I saw fled also."


Posted on 2008-02-29 at 20:11:42.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


getting ready

as riddle begins walking towards the horses he notices that siliwen is quite shaken as well. As he begins to alter his course to her he notices billy walkin twards her.

"I think it is safe now. The wolves have all gone and the strange man I saw fled also."

came the billys inteded comferting words. little did he know how unsettling they were to the ranger

"wait strange man were was he mabey we can track him i want revenge on someone who would use animals in this way"
came riddles reply obviously more than a little angered




Posted on 2008-03-01 at 04:06:22.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen Aroused.

Siliwen glances at Billy. HEermind had been caught up with the goings on about her. Was she the only one who saw Joriel? How did a spirt have foot prints and how could they just fade away? Together they did not make sense, and because of that she knew something was not what it seemed.

"Billy, there were prints right here a second ago I saw them and then they faded. How can that be? I also saw Joriel again and once more he accused me of killing him and said he sought retribution. If he was a ghost which he must be, how could there be tracks? How could they fade away even as he faded away?"

"Something is definiately not right with all this and I must figure it out." Siliwen was aroused now and was going to figure this out. One thing she knew for sure whoever or whatever had come to her in, Joriel's guise it was not him. Yes, it had shaken her the first time and the second time too, but she would be a fool to continue to let it affect her.

That same someone had sent the wolves especially to kill her. It wanted her dead or unable to use her abilities, why she did not know yet, but she was not going to let it affect her so again. Never again.


Posted on 2008-03-01 at 05:53:29.
Edited on 2008-03-02 at 22:59:53 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Mages, go figure

"I mean no disrespect for you have done nothing but good for us since we met but mages are often sneaky tricksters who do not attack directly but rather thru illusions. Could the stranger have been a mage controlling the beasts and playing tricks on your mind? I will do what I can to keep you safe; mages seem to dislike being confronted by large men with sharp objects so maybe my presence will be a deterent." Billy looked a bit worried that his words would be taken wrong but he had never been a great speaker. "Whatever or whoever did this knows we are here. If we take to the woods we might get lucky and hide from it but we might also be playing into its hands for it comtrols beasts of the woods. On the road at least we can make good time and the open space may allow us a bit of warning of any attacks."


Posted on 2008-03-01 at 14:43:21.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen gathers herself together. Her eyes become fierce. "Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame and me." she repeated the old saying. She refused to play the fool again,

"Thank you Billy ,there are good and bad in every field. I do not take you words as an insult. Something happened here magic for sure of some sort. Illusion possible, but I have never seen illusion leave footprints in the dirt even though those faded away as the illusion of Joriel faded.

"I also agree it is time to hit the road. We tried to move off the road to avoid this sort of thing, but it seems to make no difference and so we should travel as quickly as possible."

Siliwen backhands the tears from her face. "Someone was going to pay for this. By the Gods I swear it." She gathers her bedrool and pack and moves over to her horse. She soothes the fine elven mare with her voice and hand then begins to brush her, before tacking her up for the day's ride.


Posted on 2008-03-02 at 22:05:40.
Edited on 2008-03-02 at 22:56:26 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Alea


Alea is broken hearted that the wolf died, dashsing her tears away she stands.

Looking the way to the retreating man Billy spoke of, She take up her Holy symbol.

"Corellon, I call on you as witness. I curse him who used the wolves, causing their deaths. He will pay for his horrendous act against nature, this I swear."

As it is nature's way Alea leaves the body with a blessing. "Corellon, please welcome this wolf into your sweet fields, grant him your blessing that none may ever use him to do Evil again."

Alea then goes to her mount and brushes and tacks him up ready to ride out with the others.


Posted on 2008-03-02 at 23:20:23.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea



Alea is broken hearted that the wolf died, dashsing her tears away she stands.

Looking the way to the retreating man Billy spoke of, she takes up her Holy symbol.

"Corellon, I call on you as witness. I curse him who used the wolves, causing their deaths. He will pay for his horrendous act against nature, this I swear."

As it is nature's way Alea leaves the body to the earth. with a blessing. "Corellon, please welcome this wolf into your sweet fields, grant him your blessing that none may ever use him to do Evil again."

Alea then gathers her things, goes to her mount, and brushes and tacks him up ready to ride out with the others.


Posted on 2008-03-02 at 23:25:17.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


To Alea

"Pay they will Alea. Would serve them right if the remaining wolves found them tonight. Would it be alright if I skinned the dead wolves quickly before we leave? At least they can offer us pelts to keep warm and not have died for nothing; but I understand if you wish me not to also."


Posted on 2008-03-03 at 02:00:14.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A peacful day.... maybe..??

Location: Northpoint Road – South Southwest
Date/Time: Day Two Early Morning

The day dawns beautifully without a hint of pain and terror the predawn hours held for the party. After leaving the campsite among the trees; they stuck to the road leading Southwest away from Northpoint.

They passed several wagons and a couple of single riders along the way. None of them stopped to talk to them though they did nod their head in greeting as they passed. The party did notice that the people all seemed to stare at them with suspicion in their eyes, but they could hardly blame them if the stories were true about all the evil raiding parties that had come down out of the uplands.

To the West they could see the uplands in the distance rising into the sky; it appeared as if a great upheaval had rent the ground and thrust part of it skyward several hundred feet into the air. A great black storm cloud covered all of the upland they could see from their location and no matter how far they traveled the storm remained stationary over the land.

They traveled all day, stopping only once shortly after the sun was straight up to rest the horses and eat something themselves. All the while they all felt a eerie feeling from the direction of the West, as if someone or something was watching them.

Siliwen (of course) felt it even more keenly then the rest. She had no more visions this day, but a feeling of dread and doom followed her and it seemed as if any bush or gully along the road might hold some sort of ambush for her.

As they resumed their travel it seemed as if the uplands were slowly fading behind them as the road turned more southerly and by the time night was coming they could no longer see it.

They were looking for a place to camp for the night when Riddle, who was riding point, spotted a light in the distance up ahead. They rode on as the light seemed stationary and soon came upon a roadside inn nestled against a hill just to the East of the road.

The Inn was a small two story affair with a small stable and yard nearby. As they rode up they heard the sounds of revelry from within the Inn. The sky was darkening as they rode up and soon they would not be able to see the road so they decided that perhaps they should rest here the night. When they got off their horses, a man came out of the stables and headed in their direction.

“Ho travelers!” he called as he walked up with a friendly smile on his face, “you be staying the night I imagine.” It was more a statement then a question as anyone riding up to a lone Inn like this at the dusk of day would surely be looking for a place to stay.

(After their answer.)

He nodded and turning his head let out a loud whistle and turned back to the party as a boy came running out of the stable.

“Welcome to the Leeside Way… Me and my boy will tend your horses for the night,” He said as he stepped up to take the reins from the men while the boy came up to the ladies.

After listening to any special care instructions, he will give them time to take any belongings they wish off of the mounts, “It will be a silver a night and we will take good care of them don’t you worry.” He smiled and lead the horses into the stable.

(Will backpost any responses here later if needed)

As they enter the ‘Leeside Way’ as the stable man called it, they see a comfortable common room with about 6 tables and a long bar. The smell of cooking food fills the air as they look about at the current occupants. There is a bartender serving drinks behind the bar, a single waiter-servant man walks between the tables serving drinks and food to the half dozen patrons.

The sound of conversation and laughter stops as they enter and all eyes turn to them. There is a pause of several seconds before the bartender speaks up and welcomes them inside.

“Welcome travelers.. Come in and make yourself at home, “he calls out in a friendly manner though his voice holds the usual suspicion they have heard everywhere thus far.

“Take any table you wish,” He gestures to the room, “Karl will be by in a moment to take your orders.” He motioned to the man servant who stopped his staring and nodded and carried some drinks to another table where two men sat watching the group.

After they seated themselves Karl came over to their table.

“Can I get you something to drink,” he asked without a smile, obviously apprehensive about them. “Tonight we have lamb, potatoes, fresh vegetables and bread if you be hungry.”

Location: Northpoint Road – South Southwest
Date/Time: Day Two Evening



Posted on 2008-03-03 at 02:11:26.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"Go ahead Billy, their spirits are fled to their rest."

Alea mounts and joins the others ready to depart as soon as Billy had finished.

Throughout the ride, Alea would dismount her hosre and walk or jog beside it, giving them both a break. She feels the mountains and the ominous dark storm over them, that being the place where the enemy held sway.

The sighting of the light at dusk was a welcoming beacon. The ostler (stableman) came to take their mounts and she slipped him a silver for her horse as she dismounted and took up her saddlebags and pack lashed to the back of her saddle. Knowing the attitude of the people they had met in Southpoint and on the road, she kept her hood up.

She moves over by Siliwen and whispers to her about her hood.


Posted on 2008-03-05 at 00:20:32.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Nightfall

Billy quickly skinned the wolves and tied the raw hides to his pack. Hopefully he could find a tanner later or tan them himself.

The trip was uneventful and Billy was glad to see an inn at nightfall. Hearing that they had food was even more exciting. "I will have a plate of whatever the cook recommends." Billy said to the innkeeper. After dinner Billy pulls out his steel and begins taking care of his sword while relaxing by the fire. Whenever it is timw for bed he will go with the others after suggesting that they share rooms and set watches even though they are in an inn for trouble seemed to be following them lately.


Posted on 2008-03-05 at 00:48:18.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen said nothing about Billy's request, however she turned her horse away form what he ws doing and rode apart until he was done and remounted.

The day was long made longer by the very early start before dawn and colored the western sky. She still founf that strange. The dark stormy clouds that hung stationary over the western highlands lent the whole trip a forboding that she worked hard to fight against. She went to repeating spells and incatations to take her mind of the troubling night's events. and the reappearance of the specter of Joriel. She kept telling herself it was not him but rather and illustion made up from her memories and they were trying to use them against her.

Siliwen was very glad to see the lights of the town ahead. THe warm comfort of thw windows glowing with firelight promised a measure safety she had not felt all day. She removed her saddle bags form her mare and gave her over to the care of the sable lad. "Give her a good brushing and an extra measure of grain. I will pay the extra for her."

Carriing her pack into the inn she sought a table close to the hearth and its comforting flames. Her order was simple, stew or soup, bread cheese and fruit.

Sitting at the table she looks about the group. "This enemy we face I think is trying to get to me through my feelings concerning my companion Jpriel's death. Tonight there are two thinks I would like to try. One is meditation so that my mind in under my control and the other, Alea, you would need to do which is cast sanctuary or perhaps a blessing. I would also perfer to sleeep with someone in the room with me. I am not sure what I have been targeted if I could figure that out perhaps I could not something to turn this around."


Posted on 2008-03-05 at 03:32:07.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.