The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members: Alacrity, Philosopher
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Alacrity)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A New Day Dawns.

OOC: First I would like to apologize to the group for being absent from posting for so long, but it has really been out of my hands my company has cut my work hours in half and I had to drop my high speed Internet connection and just finally got a phone one back up and running, anyways I am back and will be present.Thanks for being patient with me for I would hate to lose out on any of the games I play here at the RDINN.

BIC: After the long night they had with the wolf attacks and the strange going on surrounding Siliwen and her vision Thor had not been able to really settle down and relax he kept himself on high alert for anything that even slightly looked out of the ordinary. To him it seemed that Siliwen their mage was being specifically targeted by someone who wanted her out of the way. Thor made a pledge to himself and the party that he would do all in his power to see that did not happen.

The morning dawns bright and sunny as if trying to wipe away the nights horror. The team struck out as early as they could but stuck to the south road they passed several wagons and single riders along the way all would at least acknowledge their passing but at the same time they could tell all viewed them with suspicion. Thor slowly came to accept that fact that they would probably continue to be viewed that way even if they where trying to help.

As they traveled To the West they could see the uplands in the distance rising into the sky; it appeared as if a great upheaval had rent the ground and thrust part of it skyward several hundred feet into the air. A great black storm cloud covered all of the upland they could see from their location and no matter how far they traveled the storm remained stationary over the land.

They traveled all day, stopping only once shortly after the sun was straight up to rest the horses and eat something themselves. All the while they all felt a eerie feeling from the direction of the West, as if someone or something was watching them.

As the road turned to head more to the south the darking storm that seemed to hover in the west eventually disappeared from view but it's effect on Thors feelings did not disappear with it, the feeling of dispariar and of coming danger would not leave the dwarf for a long time to come. This said however when the lights and the Inn came into view and the thoughts of a hot meal some good ale and a comfy bed filled his head the dwarf did for a moment at least have a warm comfy feeling. As they ride up a stable hand at once appears “Ho travelers!” “you be staying the night I imagine.” It was more a statement than a question . Thor at once dismounts He will rub the war horse along his neck and speak softly into the stallions ear as he always does whenever he is going to leave “Lighting” with anyone else. “Welcome to the Leeside Way… Me and my boy will tend your horses for the night,” Thor will relinquish his horse to the speaker and will add an extra silver to the coin he hands over to the stable man requesting that they brush his horse “Lighting” down very thoroughly Here my good man and a little extra for I would like if one could give my horse here,his name is Lighting, a good brushing, and if I can tell he has been well taken care of there is more for you and your stablemen. So thanks for your efforts. Leaving his horse in the hands of the stablemen he wanders into the Inn proper.

As they enter the ‘Leeside Way’ as the stable man called it, they see a comfortable common room with about 6 tables and a long bar. The smell of cooking food fills the air as they look about at the current occupants. There is a bartender serving drinks behind the bar, a single waiter-servant man walks between the tables serving drinks and food to the half dozen patrons.
As soon as they enter it's as if the air was suddenly sucked out of the room for the room becomes deathly silent as all eyes turn to the newcomers, he does not know about the others, but this constant, mistrust , that they keep encountering is having an effect on Thor the room remains silent until the barkeep speaks up.
“Welcome travelers.. Come in and make yourself at home, “ Take any table you wish,” “Karl will be by in a moment to take your orders.” This puts the bar back on track and all conversations as such return to normal, at least almost Thor can still tell that some of the patrons remain uncomfortable and they continue to steal quick glances over towards the party who seat themselves at one of the larger vacant tables. After they are all seated Karl does come over. He is obviously not comfortable with the party however he does his job without a smile. “Can I get you something to drink,” “Tonight we have lamb, potatoes, fresh vegetables and bread if you be hungry.”
Each party member orders what they want, Thor orders the lamb, potatoes, fresh vegetables and bread and and asks Karl to keep his mug of ale full at all times. Then once they all have food and drink and are somewhat left to themselves they listen at first to what Siliwen has to say. "This enemy we face I think is trying to get to me through my feelings concerning my companion Jpriel's death. Tonight there are two things I would like to try. One is meditation so that my mind is under my control and the other, Alea, you would need to do which is cast sanctuary or perhaps a blessing. I would also prefer to sleep with someone in the room with me. I am not sure why I have been targeted if I could figure that out perhaps I could do something to turn this around." Listing as she talks Thor has to agree with her and he lets the group know, I am in total agreement with what Siliwen is saying, I think we all could tell during the battle with the wolfs that they where sent to get at Siliwen for they kept ignoring us until we started killing them, and then the mental attack with the vision or whatever it was most certainly was meant to hurt or destroy her, we need to be very carfull and I think no one of us should from this point forward be left by themselves. Why Siliwen has been the first one targeted out of all of us for individual attack we can only guess at, although the fact that she is a mage may have something to do it, but that is as I say only a guess and could really have no bearing on it at all, at this point we don't really have enough clues. We just need to be extra cautious and the idea of Billy's to share rooms and set watch's even though we are in an inn is the prudent thing to do. Those that need rest to replenish their strength and knowledge should get first rest to be sure they get what they need so i suggest myself, Billy, and then Riddle take the first three watches. As far as how we sleep and who is in which room I care not but I think we only need two rooms.
Once Thor has had his say into recent events and how he thinks they should proceed he will finish his meal drink three pints of ale and once they have their rooms will retire to them to look them over( He wants to see what type of defense's they could set up for the night depending on which floor they are on if there are any windows in the rooms or in the halls that lead to the rooms. What type of access does someone have to the sleeping area where they are is there one or two was into where the sleeping rooms are. Based on what he sees he first picks what he thinks is the best place to watch both rooms from, he also suggests that they have a password to use before anyone opens the doors to anyone who may be knocking on them, and if there are any windows present that can be opened from outside he will ask both Riddle and Siliwen if either has anyways to prevent or at least warn if the windows are tampered with. With all that done he settles in for first watch.


Posted on 2008-03-06 at 13:35:13.
Edited on 2008-03-06 at 13:37:57 by Dragonmist

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea looks to Siliwen, "I do not have Sanctuary, and I used my only Bless on the wolves, but I can bless water and make some holy water. We could try to do that.


Posted on 2008-03-07 at 20:47:59.
Edited on 2008-03-08 at 06:42:02 by Dragon Mistress

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Perhaps

As they travled away from the fight Riddle was more than a little annoyed about the ignoring of his offers to find the mage. "Perhaps if we had this could all be over" Riddle thought over and over again. As they aproached the sight of the town riddle thought to himself "well here we are another town perhaps the others can get some rest, and maby i will find some animals or interesting plants to play with."

As they walked into the tavern and sat around the table. riddle once again thought to himself about going out side to the wilderness around the town he missed his home, and the sight of the cruhed wolf still brought bursts of guilt to his heart and mind.
When the time for the gaurd came to be mentioned Riddle agreed whole heartedly with Thors estimate. Whilst the the conversations continued riddle sat in quite contemplation wanting to keep siliwen safe but wondering how he could best apply his skils


Posted on 2008-03-09 at 03:48:48.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

OOC:
I suppose Alea will anoint Siliwen with the holy water like baptizing a baby. and leave the rest near her to throw on anything that appears. I can't see he blessing a tub of water and having me sleep in it . Honestly I do not know how holy water works except throwing it or pouring it on evil. Perhaps soaking a cloth and making a circle around her. Other than that there is sleeeping with someone close by and someone on watch.

IC:
Siliwen nods to Alera. I am not sure how your holy water will work but I thank you for your efforts. What bothers me is that wonder is you all protect me but the next attack is at one of you. Should we just try sleeping in one room and have watches, nless there is a cleric in this town who has bless or Sanctuary. I don't know if an illusionary attacks counts as an attack in the same way as some one physically attacking the one in sanctuary.


Posted on 2008-03-09 at 22:26:51.
Edited on 2008-03-10 at 03:05:25 by Brianna

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A mystery in the making....

Location: Northpoint Road – Leeside Way Inn
Date/Time: Day Two Evening

The stableman and his son took the instructions of their owners, “Don’t worry we will take fine care of all of them.” He said as the mounts were lead into the stables.

Once the party sat down and Karl too their orders, he left and returned shortly with their drinks. While they relaxed and drank waiting on their meals, they noticed the conversation came back and soon the place was as loud as when they first walked in. The apparent strangeness of them had worn off with everyone and they were soon ignored.

In a few minutes Karl returned with their meals and laid it out before them. They found the fair much better than they would have thought possible, and ale, wine or whatever drinks suited them was also quite good.

Then once they all have food and drink and are somewhat left to themselves they listen at first to what Siliwen has to say.

"This enemy we face I think is trying to get to me through my feelings concerning my companion Joriel's death. Tonight there are two things I would like to try. One is meditation so that my mind is under my control and the other, Alea, you would need to do which is cast sanctuary or perhaps a blessing. I would also prefer to sleep with someone in the room with me. I am not sure why I have been targeted if I could figure that out perhaps I could do something to turn this around."

Listing as she talks Thor has to agree with her and he lets the group know, I am in total agreement with what Siliwen is saying, I think we all could tell during the battle with the wolfs that they where sent to get at Siliwen for they kept ignoring us until we started killing them, and then the mental attack with the vision or whatever it was most certainly was meant to hurt or destroy her, we need to be very careful and I think no one of us should from this point forward be left by themselves. Why Siliwen has been the first one targeted out of all of us for individual attack we can only guess at, although the fact that she is a mage may have something to do it, but that is as I say only a guess and could really have no bearing on it at all, at this point we don't really have enough clues. We just need to be extra cautious and the idea of Billy's to share rooms and set watch's even though we are in an inn is the prudent thing to do. Those that need rest to replenish their strength and knowledge should get first rest to be sure they get what they need so i suggest myself, Billy, and then Riddle take the first three watches. As far as how we sleep and who is in which room I care not but I think we only need two rooms.

While they finish their meals, they notice nothing out of the ordinary. There are a few other travelers here but they seem to pay them no more attention then the other patrons and staff, which is only a furtive glance every so often.

Siliwen asks the barkeep if there might be a cleric around here but he shakes his head, “Sorry milady but no! All that is here is this simple roadside Inn I am sorry to say.”

(OOC: I just want to clarify something, this is just a roadside Inn with a stable and a low wall surrounding the place. The only patrons here are travelers and the only staff stay here somewhere in the Inn itself or the stables)

When one of them asks about rooms, the Barkeep says they have a couple of nice ones still available and shows them to the upstairs. He shows them a couple of rooms, at the end of the hallway, across from one another. They are nice rooms with a couple of large beds, a table, and two chairs in each room. They both have a single window with storm shutters on the outside which can be closed and barred.

The situation seems ideal; the rooms could be guarded by one person just outside the doors where they could see the entire hallway leading up to their rooms. The windows can be solidly secured with a wooden bar on the inside.

“Hope you have a pleasant night’s sleep,” says the barkeep/owner when he gives you the keys to the two rooms and heads back down stairs to handle his few remaining customers.

They settle on the rooms, and since the rooms are not large enough for everyone to sleep together in one room as was suggested, the ladies stay in one and the guys share the other. A lone chair is placed at the end of the hall for the person on watch where they can see the entire hallway. The window shutters are closed and barred from the inside with a heavy oak bar. The night watches, Thor, Billy, Riddle, and Alea, are set; needing only four people each night, at two hour watches each, they decide to give Siliwen the night off after her horrific ordeal involving her dead mentor.

Before turning in Alea takes some water from a pitcher and wash basin in their room and prays over it creating holy water. She anoints Siliwen with the holy water saying a prayer to Corellian to protect her from nightmares and visions. Siliwen meditates deeply to clear her mind and calm her soul; when she turns in she feels at peace for the first time since coming to this land. Maybe she will have a good nights rest for once.

Thor stands watch sitting in the hallway; he hears the noise downstairs quiet down and a couple of travelers come up and enter their rooms eyeing him suspiciously. Eventually he hears the noise of the kitchen die down and what sounds like someone going around locking up downstairs, probably the barkeep/owner. Other than that his watch proceeds without event.

On his watch, Billy sits in the hall working further on sharpening his blade removing the blemishes from the earlier fights. By the time his boring watch is over he is done and satisfied with the quality of his work.

Riddle’s watch is also uneventful, except he hears what sounds like thunder in the distance; probably a storm which doesn’t seem to get any closer but passes in the night. When the end of his watch is over he knocks on the ladies door softly and when Alea answers he gives her the agreed upon password. She leaves Siliwen sleeping peacefully and relieves Riddle from the watch. He retires to bed after telling her that nothing was happening.

Alea’s watch is boring too as she sits in the chair keeping a watch on the hallway, no doubt praying and tending to the condition of her weapons. All is quiet until just about sunrise, when the early morning silence is ripped apart by a scream of sheer terror. It takes her a moment to realize the scream didn’t come from their rooms, but from down stairs somewhere.

Everyone is awakened by this scream which went on for several seconds. Grabbing what weapons they have at hand, the men exit the room and join Alea in the hallway. She tells them it came from down the stairs. The scream is repeated and it is now identifiable as that of a woman, one utterly terrorized. As they rush to investigate, other doors are opening and people are looking out as they pass by and go down the stairs. More than a couple of them ask, “what is going on?”

The four of them come running down the stairs and see a sight which stops them cold; the common room is much like they left it except for a body laying in the middle of the floor surrounded by a pool of fresh blood. The body is the barkeep/owner and he seems most surely dead as a large triangular piece of metal about 18 inches long protrudes from the center of his chest. That sight in itself if very shocking, but the thing which made them all pause on the stairway is the sight of Siliwen, kneeling next to the body, her hands covered in blood.

The scream sounds again, and it is not from Siliwen that it comes; it emanates from a middle-aged woman standing in the doorway of the kitchen looking upon the body on the floor.

“She killed my husband!” the woman says to them pointing at Siliwen who just kneels there looking down at the blood upon her hands as if wondering how it got there.

Location: Northpoint Road – Leeside Way Inn
Date/Time: Day Three - Sunrise



Posted on 2008-03-10 at 00:59:24.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


How??

The four of them come running down the stairs and see a sight which stops them cold; the common room is much like they left it except for a body laying in the middle of the floor surrounded by a pool of fresh blood. The body is the barkeep/owner and he seems most surely dead as a large triangular piece of metal about 18 inches long protrudes from the center of his chest. That sight in itself if very shocking, but the thing which made them all pause on the stairway is the sight of Siliwen, kneeling next to the body, her hands covered in blood.

The scream sounds again, and it is not from Siliwen that it comes; it emanates from a middle-aged woman standing in the doorway of the kitchen looking upon the body on the floor.

“She killed my husband!” the woman says to them pointing at Siliwen who just kneels there looking down at the blood upon her hands as if wondering how it got there.

Riddle responds simply by lowering his hands to his swords on his hips trying to appear as unthreatening as possible but also trying preparing himself for a battle if nessisary

"Siliwen what happened" came Riddles concerend reply lookin at her with more than a little sympathy. In the short time he had known her she had become a close friend perhaps his first one not animal.

"Milady i doubt that what happened here was done at the hands of my friend this is not her method and she does not kill innocent people for no reason." Came riddles voice again this time addressing the dead mans wife.

then turning to Alea whispering,
"Perhaps you should try healing him maby it will help us out of a jam and find out more about what happend here."

As riddle finished talking he resided him self to scaning the room keeping a watchful eye on the people in the room as well as trying to find some tell tell signs of any one else involved in this incident


Posted on 2008-03-10 at 06:01:14.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Killer on the Loose?

So after they partake of a good hot meal and they decide that staying together is a good idea as is a watch even if they are in an inn Thor feels much better about the rest of the night hopefully passing by uneventfully. They ask about rooms and are shown two nice rooms at the end of the upstairs hall. Theses two rooms seem perfect since the windows can be barred from the inside and by setting a chair out in the hall one can easily watch both doors to see if anyone comes or goes. So they take the rooms and get ready for the night. with Siliwen and Alea in one room and Thor, Billy, and Riddle in the second there should be no problem and since a watch of two hours each covers 8 hours it is decided that Siliwen need not watch and could sleep all night to get her strength back.

OOC: Now since I am posting last and late again it seems this probably won't make any difference, and I also want to say something and I don't know if any of you will believe me that what I am about to say here is not in reaction to what the DM has posted about Alea , but would have been a concern as soon as we got our rooms and set up who was sleeping where, and then who was keeping watch and when. It becomes very obvious that when Alea takes her watch that Siliwen will be left alone in her room. Now since the attacks on Siliwen where coming in both the physical and either mental or illusionary forms that there should be someone with her at all times, because even with the window barred from inside and the outside door being watched , and we already at least think the last attack by the wolves was the work of a wizard anything could happen in that room with no one else to watch.So Thor would have suggested that either Riddle stay with Siliwen while Alea watches or he would suggest he take the final watch and let Alea stay with Siliwen. However that is probably a mute point now. and once again I would like the group to know this is not a reaction to the post but is what I would have suggested even before I saw the DM's post. Sorry I will try harder to stay on top of my posts.

BIC: When he is awakened in the morning by the screams of a woman Thor's first reaction and thoughts go to Siliwen and Alea in the room across the hall. Grabbing his weapons and dashing out of his room and directly across to the other room he busts in only to see that there is no one in the room. Quickly rushing back out as he hears another scream this time he can tell it is coming fro down stairs he heads in that direction.

It seems that the others had beat him to that as Alea, and Riddle are already moving down stairs when Thor reaches the stairs and starts downs when he hears a second scream from the common area as he searches for the source he is stopped in his tracks at first by the scean that meets his eyes. The woman who is screaming is standing in the doorway between the common room and the kitchen and he recognizes her as the barkeepers wife following her gaze he sees both the barkeep who is lying on his back with a large triangle piece of metal protruding from his chest, what is more upsetting to Thor is to see Siliwen kneeling over the dead mans body her hands covered in what looks to be his blood, and she looks to Thor to be in a daze or a state of shock.

Riddle is already in the common room and at Siliwen side but with the wife yelling She killed my husband! and a crowd already starting to come from the rooms upstairs they need to act fast. Thor looks around for Alea and pulls her close to him, You need to go down there and get to that mans wife and take her back into the kitchen and try to calm her down and see if you can talk to her and find out what she saw if anything at all. Myself, Riddle,and Billy will do what we can out here to get the rest of these people out of here, get Siliwen away from the body and back to the room where one of us can speak with her, and also take care of the barkeeps body, since we seem to be a long way from any real city or town hopefully we will have time before any type of officials show up here. So lets get on the move.
Now Thor moves into the center of the room where Riddle and Siliwen are and he waits for just a moment till he sees Alea reach the wife and start to speak with her then to Riddle Riddle I have Alea trying to speak to the wife and get her to move back into the kitchen, it would be a good idea if you can get Siliwen up away from the body and back upstairs to their room, try to find out if she can tell you what happened if she knows and get her cleaned up as fast as possible, myself and Billy will try to clear out the rest of these people and move the body at least out of view here. Riddle, Billy what do you two think we should do ,do you think I am doing the wrong or the right thing. Thor waits for an answer



Posted on 2008-03-10 at 14:08:14.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Interesting

Billy took in the scene before him and had two thoughts; how did it happen and who missed Siliwen going downstairs whiel they were on watch. He heard Thor suggest "clearing the place out" and that sounded like a good idea. "I agree we should get the folks out and the body moved but exactly how do we get them out? It isn't like we can just pick them up and carry them out. Well actually I could but that would probably not be good. Who had watch when this happened? I know she didn't come past me on my watch."


Posted on 2008-03-10 at 17:52:12.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


SIliwen

Siliwen was happy to get to bed early. She hoped that Alea's efforts would give her peace this night. Her friends offered to keep watch and she was thankful for their efforts on her behalf.

"Thank you so much having one of you on watch will be very comforting for me." After Siliwen's meditation she lay down with a whispered prayer that her night would be uneventful. That was the last she had conscious memory of.

Siliwen's head jerks up as the scream wakes her, strangley aware it seems she is already partial up. though she is immediately confused about where she is. She looks around and finds herself not in bed, not even in her room with Alea. A body lays on the floor taht she seems to be kneeling over. It takes her a moment to get over her surprize and her brain to start functioning. She tries to figure out what happened, how she got here and why she is leaning over this body, but she can't. As she tries to focus on what ws happeneding she became aware of her bloody hands, and the identity of the body, the innkeeper.

The woman's scream came again and she then focused on her. The innkeeper's wife standing in the foorway leading to the keitche. "She killed my Husband" she cried out. Siliwen looked around the room, Alea and Riddle were heading towards her, Thor was not far behind them and Billy too. Siliwen looked at them dazed and confused. The longer she was aware of what was going on the more confusing it got.

The enormity of the situation was just beginning to filter into her consciousness. Her eyes saw, the ears heard but she had absolutely no clearity on how this had all happened. She fought to get control of her racing mind. She had questions and wanted answers and didn't know if there were any she wanted to hear. Siliwen moved to stand up as Riddle got to her. Whatever had happened she would face it but oh how she wanted to know exactly what happened, this lack of knowing was devastated and well and the situation she found herself in.


Posted on 2008-03-10 at 19:19:50.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Before going to bed Alean checks out the room and when all is to her satisfaction she wedges the window closed with her dagger. Should someone open the window, the dagger would fall alerting them of danger. Alea only removed her cloak and boots to rest, she wanted to be ready on a moments snotice, for that she had her bow leaning up against the top of her bead with her quiver, and she unsheathes her sword and lays it beside her body. She sleep facing into the room, and where she can clearly see Siliwen.

When woken Alea goes to the door when woken by the special knock that had been chosen and nods to Riddle. She puts on her boots and gathers her weapons. Alea opens the door and proceeds to move the chair to the doorway of their room, where she could see most of their room and the hallway near the boys’ room. She is happy that it seemed the Siliwen was not disturbed in the night, or her sleep broken by ill-sent dreams of her mentor. She sings softly and prays for part of her watch and then inspects and tends to her bow, arrows, and other weapons. She thanks Corellon for stand by her, and prays for her spells for the day.

When the gray light of morning, lightens their room, she
knows soon it would be time to wake. Adding to that there were sounds coming from the first floor letting her know that the staff was already preparing breakfast.

A bloodcurdling scream splits the air from below. Alea, already armed, races from her chair and downstairs as fast as she can go On seeing Siliwen there bloodstained and standing over a bloody body, Alea immediately knows something is not right. There was not way Siliwen could have gotten out of the room passed her.

Alea immediately moves to the fallen man, to see if there is anything she can do to save him, for now the cleric was focused on saving a life.


Posted on 2008-03-10 at 22:45:46.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


lynch mob?

(Backposting)

Before going to bed Alean checks out the room and when all is to her satisfaction she wedges the window closed with her dagger. Should someone open the window, the dagger would fall alerting them of danger. Alea only removed her cloak and boots to rest, she wanted to be ready on a moments snotice, for that she had her bow leaning up against the top of her bead with her quiver, and she unsheathes her sword and lays it beside her body. She sleep facing into the room, and where she can clearly see Siliwen.

When woken Alea goes to the door when woken by the special knock that had been chosen and nods to Riddle. She puts on her boots and gathers her weapons. Alea opens the door and proceeds to move the chair to the doorway of their room, where she could see most of their room and the hallway near the boys’ room. She is happy that it seemed the Siliwen was not disturbed in the night, or her sleep broken by ill-sent dreams of her mentor. She sings softly and prays for part of her watch and then inspects and tends to her bow, arrows, and other weapons. She thanks Corellon for stand by her, and prays for her spells for the day.

A bloodcurdling scream splits the air from below. Alea, already armed, races from her chair and downstairs as fast as she can go On seeing Siliwen there bloodstained and standing over a bloody body, Alea immediately knows something is not right. There was not way Siliwen could have gotten out of the room passed her.

From where Alea sat in the hallway, with the door open, she could see Siliwen sleeping peacefully in her bed and the dagger still wedged into the barred window every time she looked into the room.

When the scream sounded her first instinct was to look into the room where she saw the light blanket that had covered Siliwen was still in the bed only now she could see that no one was laying beneath it. The dagger was still wedged in the window exactly as she had put it.

When he is awakened in the morning by the screams of a woman Thor's first reaction and thoughts go to Siliwen and Alea in the room across the hall. Grabbing his weapons and dashing out of his room and directly across to the other room he busts in only to see that there is no one in the room. Quickly rushing back out as he hears another scream this time he can tell it is coming fro down stairs he heads in that direction.
Thor dashed out of the room and saw Alea running down the hallway towards the stairs, looking into the open door of the ladies room he saw the window closed, barred and a dagger wedged into the opening. Both of the beds were empty.


(Current)

"Milady i doubt that what happened here was done at the hands of my friend this is not her method and she does not kill innocent people for no reason." Came riddles voice again this time addressing the dead mans wife. The woman who had screamed was horrified and yet she managed after hearing Riddles voice to again say, “She killed him!”

Karl the waiter came out of the kitchen and taking in the scene paused and moved in front of the woman as if to shield her from the people in the room as if afraid someone would attack her.

Alea immediately moves to the fallen man, to see if there is anything she can do to save him, for now the cleric was focused on saving a life.
Alea can tell as she kneels down next to the barkeep that he is quite dead. The 18 inch piece of metal protruding from his chest appears to be a triangular piece of iron. It is rough shaped with edges that are nor razor sharp. It is a crude weapon, roughly fashioned yet quite deadly when thrust into a person’s heart. She realizes that helping his man is beyond her powers.

As the party move into the room to either aid the dead man or Siliwen who has said nothing thus far, more people come down the stairs behind them and begin to fill up the area by the stairs.

One man, a warrior by the looks of him walks over to the doorway, he turns back to the room and remarks, “The door is still barred from the inside.” Everyone in the room can see that the windows shutters are still drawn and barred from the inside.

“She killed him,” someone whispers from near the stairway.

“We should hang her,” Someone else remarks.

The party realizes that this might turn ugly as the scene seems obvious to anyone viewing it. There are about 6 armed types near the stairways and 2 now by the front door. Karl still stands by the kitchen doorway in front of the barkeep’s wife and the only other door out of this room. The ones by the stairs and the front door look like they are readying themselves to take Siliwen for the heinous crime.


Posted on 2008-03-11 at 00:33:54.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"Corellon curse the Dark One," Alea spit out angerily. "His minions have been trying to get at Siliwen since we killed the Na'sir and drove off the wolfman last night."

"There has been a concerted anf foul attempt to get rid ot her, the Dark One must fear her to go to this length."

"Until moments ago Siliwen was in her bed asleep, some fell magic brought her here to be blamed for this. for I was at guard in the doorway, as we kept guard all night, fearing another attack." Alea is speaking fast and furious, trying to defuse the situation. "One of you warriors must know the fell of a dead man. Come feel this one he has been dead for a while, look at the amount of blood pooled here. Also consider the power needed to drive such a crude weapon so deeply into the chest. No meer girl could do that."



Posted on 2008-03-11 at 01:05:22.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


An uneasy crowd

Billy glanced around and saw the crowd was getting a bit antsy. Not that he could blame them; for all appearances it was very obvious what had happened. He also knew from the last few days that the obvious was not necessarily the truth. "Blasted mages and their tricks. Again it seems only magic could be to balme for what has transpired." he mumbled to himself. There were several men with weapons scattered about the room; too many for his liking. He also noticed a few of the braver folks beginning to move as if to try and capture Siliwen.

Not exactly sure what else to do, Billy moved close to Siliwen and waited. He hoped someone would find a way to disperse the crowd or there would be more blood on the floor than that of the barkeep. No one was going to touch Siliwen without going thru him first. Anyone who looked at him would have no doubt that another step towards his companion would be taken at their own risk.


Posted on 2008-03-11 at 18:14:23.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Perhaps

Riddle once again resides himself to a quite roll already having said his piece and seeing that it had done no good. He quickly helped Siliwen to her feet. Turning to see billy walking his way he asked



" mind if we get and escort to the stairs from there im sure i can keep her safe, i agree with thor the situation will defuse its self once we get her out of here. As far as well us getting out of here it would be best solved up there in a defensible environment. Perhaps if i could get some time alone i could search the room for any tracks."




Waiting for billys reply he resides himself to watching the room his hands still on his swords ready to draw at any givin moment"



Posted on 2008-03-11 at 22:46:45.
Edited on 2008-03-11 at 23:03:53 by syanide shadowalker

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen looks up at Riddle as he helps her to her feet. "I did not kill him," she says simply, even though she was not sure of the truth of this statemnt. She did not consciously kill him that was for sure, but how ot prove it would be the hard part of this matter. Siliwen looks at the blood on her hands and for the blood that should be on her clothes if she had somehow did this heinous act under compusion. If she had struck the blow she should have sprays of blood across the front of her somewhere.

(Siliwen looks to see if she does have blood other than on her hands) She quickly starts organizing in her own mind what she knows and what she needs to find out about this situation. At this time the facts were sketchy. she turns her face to Riddle her eyes expressing a her thanks for his support. Indeed she was thankful to all of them for standing up. It made her feel less alone in the strange place and under these even stranger circumstances.

With even more feeling she calls out clearly into the common room. "I did not kill the innkeeper. How could I have wielded that piece of metal like a weapon against a man of his size and for what reason would I do such a thing."


Posted on 2008-03-11 at 23:33:54.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.