The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is soicauxsmn29.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Riddle

riddle seeing the same sight as everyone else, the bar keep alive how is this possible, quickly followed billy inside expecting any thing as being possible when he got in side he quickly moved to make battle positions possible


Posted on 2008-04-06 at 03:39:21.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen stares at the trio of men exiting into the hallway the middle man supported by the others with blood on his clothes to her amazement it is the barkeep. "What trickery is this?" she asks Riddle tugging on his shirt. "They said he was dead, yet he is alive."

"I think we should get out of here, somehow this is all a ruse and elborate one, but it means us ill."

Even as she says this Billy walks into the inn's hallway, and a moment later Riddle follows. Siliwen is torn between staying with them and staying away from the possibility of more troubles. Wavering back and forth her mind finally made up to not be left alone out there. It would be best to stay with her friends. They needed to work together she could not let them go in alone if this went from bad to worse.

Siliwen didn't know what to expect. She hurries in with quick steps and preps a Magic missle to have ready just in case. Her face is fierce with concentration, holding the spell ready to cast, the arcane words on her lips


Posted on 2008-04-06 at 04:40:53.
Edited on 2008-04-07 at 05:44:23 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


where is the healer?

Billy had no weapons drawn as he walked into the inn, he knew that only a very powerful healer, like Larza who attended the gathering at home, could have done such. Mages he had little use for, but a healer was another matter. One could never know of too many healers, especially if you weild a sword for a living.


Posted on 2008-04-06 at 20:55:52.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea bows with deep respect to the cloaked figure with the cloak bearing the symbol of Corellon Larethian., her own silver symbol hung about her neck a thin styalized cresent moon with the intricate floral design work into it. “My Lady Priestess,” her melodic elven fills the room, she know the least level the Priestess had to be, so she framed her response for honor one who was well above her in the hierarchy of Corellon, “I am Alea’isilimaren ver Elorinvae’al (Alea’isilimaren of Amberwood), which is not of this world.

She then turns to Alacran and in common, “Sir, maybe I should have held to my first assessment of you, but we were warned to thrust few and after what we have already been through, my comrades were less inclined to trust you.”

As Billy appears, she turns to him, “Be at peace, the Barkeep was healed by a Priestess of Corellon Larethian.”

Alea has no idea the the others were out there too, knowing only that Billy and she had gone to the back door to spy of Alacran and the figure with him.


Posted on 2008-04-07 at 05:47:25.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The storeroom....

Location: Northpoint Road – Leeside Way Inn
Date/Time: Day Three – Morning

Alea bows with deep respect to the cloaked figure with the cloak bearing the symbol of Corellon Larethian., her own silver symbol hung about her neck a thin styalized cresent moon with the intricate floral design work into it. “My Lady Priestess,” her melodic elven fills the room, she know the least level the Priestess had to be, so she framed her response for honor one who was well above her in the hierarchy of Corellon, “I am Alea’isilimaren ver Elorinvae’al (Alea’isilimaren of Amberwood), which is not of this world.”
The hooded head turned slightly and though the upper part of the face was still shrouded in shadow, Alea could see the smile that graced the thin beautiful lips and a lock of silver hair that had fallen down to lay alongside a face of the smoothest golden tinted skin.

“Vedui', Saesa omentien lle (Greetings, Pleasure meeting you),” came a voice as pure as honey that floated through the room and seemed to hang in the air like a musical note.

Alea then turns to Alacran and in common, “Sir, maybe I should have held to my first assessment of you, but we were warned to trust few and after what we have already been through, my comrades were less inclined to trust you.”

As Billy appears, she turns to him, “Be at peace, the Barkeep was healed by a Priestess of Corellon Larethian.”

Alea sees not only Billy coming up next to her but all of the others; Riddle looking cautious with his hands near his weapons, Siliwen with her face set in a mask of concentration which spoke of her readiness to cast a spell at any second, and Thor his usual look of grim determination on his face. Billy has an unusually passive look upon his face considering his disdain for magic and their users. Obviously they had all seen the ‘supposed’ dead innkeeper being carried out of the room and had came forward wary of what the room might contain.

Crowding behind Alea as she stood in the doorway, the others were able to look in and see Alacran standing a few feet in front of Alea, a slightly amused look upon his face and a smaller cloaked figure whose hooded face was turned slightly to regard them all. They all saw same partial face as Alea had seen and the head nodded slightly to them all and then slowly and smoothly turned away to gaze out the nearby window of the storeroom.

“You must forgive the Lady,” Alacran said softly with a faint smile, “she is a bit shy around strangers.”

The group can’t be sure but it sounded like a small snort of amusement came from the hooded figure at the window but she didn’t move or make any other sign that she had even heard Alacran’s comment.

Alacran raised an eyebrow and turned his head slightly to look at the figure then turned back and addressed the group.

“I am sure you have all sorts of questions,” he said, “but please grant me one minute.”

Bidding them to stay there he walked over to the window, standing next to the woman he leaned forward and said something and the hood nodded slightly. Reaching in his robes he withdrew something and handed it to her; the item looked like a large multifaceted gem (about 2” dia) in a golden setting of strange design. The figure turned to Alacran and took the gem and handed him something small in return; they did not see what she handed to him.

“Diola lle, Arwenamin (Thank you, My Lady)” Alacran said softly to her almost a whisper but any who understood elvin could discern what was said, “Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au' (My heart shall weep until it sees thee again)”

“Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva, Heruamin (Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet, My Lord)” the sweet musical Elvin voice came again, the last note hanging on the ears of the listeners.

Alacran turned back to face them and the hooded woman turned her face to the group and nodded slightly, “Namaarie (Farewell),” she said softly and then looking down at the gem she still held she touched something on the setting at it’s base and with a flash of white light she vanished.

Alacran walked up to the group, his smile from earlier had faded with the departure of the Elvin Lady.

“Well… would you like to go and set down and talk?” He asked with a wry smile, “or are you still not willing to trust me?”

If they agree, he will take to out of the room and down the hall and through the kitchen towards the Common area. The sounds of celebration and happiness come from the stairwell leading up to the owner’s private quarters. Obviously the innkeeper’s wife is glad to see him alive again.

Taking them into the common area they see that everyone else has gone leaving the entire room to them for the time being. He leads them to the largest table where they can all sit together and he sits and gives them an inquisitive look waiting for them to speak.

(No post from Dragonmist so I will just post a general -goes along with the others- post since there isnt any action.. which is probably boring for the dwarf anyway )



Posted on 2008-04-07 at 16:38:39.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Alacran raised an eyebrow and turned his head slightly to look at the figure then turned back and addressed them as they gathered behind Alea in the doorway. Siliwen being so small sort of wiggled her way forward a bit so she could see what was going on. IT was one time her size was of some advantage.

“I am sure you have all sorts of questions,” he said, “but please grant me one minute.”

The conversed together. Siliwen understood it all, oh some words was accented a bit differently but not so much different that she did not understand them. Finally the hooded woman, Priestess of Corellon and the only elf she had seen from this world so far said Farewell,” and then looking down at the gem she still held she touched something on the setting at it’s base and with a flash of white light she vanished.

Siliwen's gasps with disappointment as the Elven Priestess disappeared. She had so many questions she wanted to ask her. Her shoulders sag a bit. Elves, she remembered were very isolated and reclusive in this world. This was perhaps her only hope of meeting another of them.

Alacran walked over to the gather companions, his smile fading with the departure of the Elvin Lady.

“Well… would you like to go and set down and talk?” He asked with a wry smile, “or are you still not willing to trust me?”

“Yes, I would like to sit down and talk with you. As for trusting you, that is something that is earned and I feel now that we can trust you for what you did for the innkeeper.” Siliwen concludes.

(Other’s replies to Alacran)

No more did she say until they reached the now empty common room. Once seated, Siliwen turns to Alacran.“ I will not ask for forgiveness for my lack of trust earlier. I am sure you are wise enough to understand my unwillingness to trust in those circumstances. She cocks her to look him in the eye.“ I dare say very wise.” She adds truthfully without flattery.

“Now, I would now like to accept your help in removing that ark from me that you say draws these evils to us.” Siliwen requests politely. She would have asked in Elven but respecting her comrades especially those that did not speak Elven so she kept to the common tongue of humans. I also would wish to know how I was marked so and how I or any of us could prevent being marked this was in the future.

Siliwen hopes that he will help them and answer what question they might have that could help them survive in this quest strange land of unknown dangers. She also knew not all her questions or those of the others would be answered but perhaps enough to help them move forward to their goal.


Posted on 2008-04-07 at 17:27:06.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Dwarven Stubborness.

As Thor stands with the group at the back of the inn they watch Alea watch things unfold inside the store room. When finally three figures emerge two supporting a third man between them and this man looked to be the once dead Inn keeper. When Billy moves forward into the inn Thor stays right on his heels to make sure he is present if this is some kind of trick or trap.However when Billy entered and advanced towards Alea with the others right behind him they hear Alea address Billy “Be at peace, the Barkeep was healed by a Priestess of Corellon Larethian.”
Well the idea that a healer was present and had brought the bar owner back was a relief to the dwarf for that meant no dark magic was afoot and if Alea could recognize and the healer was of the same god as her there was no reason to disbelieve what they had seen. This put Thor at least somewhat at ease, for the dwarf was seldom at ease.

He watches when Alacran asks them to please stay where they are and to give him a moment and he and the cleric go through some elaborate departure ritual Thor often wondered if these types of things where always necessary or if they just like putting on big displays. Anyways after an exchange of some items and the vocalization of some elven the Cleric goes on her way at that point Alacran walks over to them Well… would you like to go and set down and talk? or are you still not willing to trust me?” Siliwen responds Yes, I would like to sit down and talk with you. As for trusting you, that is something that is earned and I feel now that we can trust you for what you did for the innkeeper.”
As some of the others agree Thor just shakes his head and follows the group into the common room where the seat themselves around the largest table. Once seated it is Siliwen who picks up the conversation with Alacran. “ I will not ask for forgiveness for my lack of trust earlier. I am sure you are wise enough to understand my unwillingness to trust in those circumstances she continues Now, I would now like to accept your help in removing that ark from me that you say draws these evils to us.”
Thor watches Alacrans face and body as this conversation between Siliwen and himself goes on. Not that he is any genius in deciphering facial or body language but he likes to watch for even the slightest little thing that may give a persons real feelings away, a slight smile at an inopportune time, or a poker face when one is not needed hiding ones real feelings, Thor has played some intense poker games in the past.

He just can't help himself. Even though it seems like every thing has come out looking and smelling like roses, as the saying goes, or at least Alacran has come out that way for it seems that he has now won the trust of the rest of his party, but for some reason Thor just can't shake the uneasy feeling that the party has been duped by some elaborate set-up. Maybe it's just his Dwarven stubbornness showing through he does not know. What he does know is that he shall continue to be wary and be on the lookout for anything that in the least bit looks to be out of line out of the ordinary

he shall keep himself on high alert and hopefully without drawing to much attention to himself he will try to stay on the periphery of the group, kind of on the outside looking in. Right now however he will stay where he is and listen to all that the others have to ask and all that Alacran has to answer to try to catch any inconsistencies in what he is saying to the group.


Posted on 2008-04-08 at 14:05:47.
Edited on 2008-04-08 at 14:07:35 by Dragonmist

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


A question

I assume you brought the healer and from the look of the gem that exchanged hands she does not work cheaply. I aapreciate the sacrifice and gesture. However I believe you are a mage not a healer, is that correct?" Billy paused a moment but he already knew the answer. "As such, you have not earned my trust but at least I will say I no longer distrust you." That was about as far a Billy could go with a mage other than the one in his present group. Healers were fine and common in his native lands and so their presence gave him no discomfort; in fact he found it comforting to know that they had already encountered two healers.


Posted on 2008-04-08 at 14:56:51.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A mental showdown, questions,questions,questions

As they sit around the table and the party continues their talk with Alacran Thor can't help but smile to himself when Billy speaks his mind on the whole subject. If there is one thing he has learned about the barbarian he knows Billy will not mince words the big guy always speaks his mind.So when he tells Alacran how he feelsI assume you brought the healer and from the look of the gem that exchanged hands she does not work cheaply. I aapreciate the sacrifice and gesture. However I believe you are a mage not a healer, is that correct?""As such, you have not earned my trust but at least I will say I no longer distrust you." Thor knows he is speaking for at least one other party member, who right now thinks it is better to keep his true feelings about the mage to himself untill he can at least prove or disprove his uneasy feelings.

Right now however Thor is interested in the conversation between Siliwan and Alacran and one question she has asked in particular. I also would wish to know how I was marked so and how I or any of us could prevent being marked this was in the future. Upon Siliwan asking this Thor will himself at once speak up.
Yes, yes Siliwan, that is a very good question one I hope our new mage friend can answer for us, for I am also very interested in knowing the answer to that . We do know from our conversation with the old woman, he will deliberitaly avoid using her name, that these Shelnak he says has marked you are magic users of some type, when she told us of the fiends we would encounter on our journy, I remember she said this about the Shelnak ( “The worse are the Shelnak… they are tall thin creatures who are very powerful in natural magic. They fight in small groups and channel their magic into one of their group and make him very powerful.. beware this group and if you encounter them remember to try and disrupt the group.. scatter it and you can break their power.”) [everything that follows here is only what Thor is remembering he does not voice any of this just yet.
After he mentioned what they had been told he thinks to himself about what happened after they left the city Although we where never told what these creatures look like, the only mage that he can think of that they have run into outside of Alacran here was in the woods while fighting the wolves just before they arrived here, maybe that was one of those Shelnak because it was after that battle that Siliwan seemed to truely have her first attack with that vision of her mentor, he remember's Billy's description of what he saw that night appeared to be naked with dark black oily skin, there didn’t appear to be any hair on it anywhere, it’s head had a ridge that ran down through the top from front to back, and it’s face had two eyes, two slits where it’s nose should be and a lipless v-shaped mouth. So is that what a Shelnak looks like and could that have been when they marked her?]

So as far as we know we have not met any of these Shelnak do you have any idea how she could have been marked could they do this from a distance or would they have to be close at hand? Also could you tell us what these Shelnak look like? Would we be able to recognize one if we encountered it? and last could any of us be marked by them?
Thor knows he asks a lot of questions at once but he would like to hear what Alacran knows while the other things he is thinking are fresh in his mind. He feels the answers to these questions are important to keep this party safe, and he means to do that at all costs.



Posted on 2008-04-10 at 14:19:52.
Edited on 2008-04-12 at 11:51:50 by Dragonmist

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Questions.. answers.. and revelations...

Location: Northpoint Road – Leeside Way Inn
Date/Time: Day Three – Morning


“Yes, I would like to sit down and talk with you. As for trusting you, that is something that is earned and I feel now that we can trust you for what you did for the innkeeper.” Siliwen concludes.

Once seated, Siliwen turns to Alacran.“ I will not ask for forgiveness for my lack of trust earlier. I am sure you are wise enough to understand my unwillingness to trust in those circumstances. She cocks her to look him in the eye.“ I dare say very wise.” She adds truthfully without flattery.

Alacran nods to Siliwen with a slight smile, “I took no offense at your lack of trust.. Under the circumstances it was understandable.”

“I assume you brought the healer and from the look of the gem that exchanged hands she does not work cheaply. I appreciate the sacrifice and gesture. However I believe you are a mage not a healer, is that correct?" Billy paused a moment but he already knew the answer. "As such, you have not earned my trust but at least I will say I no longer distrust you."
Looking at Billy he chuckles slightly, “I am a mage yes, and sometimes I cant blame people for their mistrust of magic users…. This shall be one of those times. But the gem was not payment for her services, it was a magical device which would take her home. Something I am sure you would have no interest in.” he says playfully.

“Now, I would now like to accept your help in removing that mark from me that you say draws these evils to us.” Siliwen requests politely. “I also would wish to know how I was marked so and how I or any of us could prevent being marked this was in the future.”

Upon Siliwen asking this Thor will himself at once speak up. “Yes, yes Siliwen, that is a very good question one I hope our new mage friend can answer for us, for I am also very interested in knowing the answer to that.”

“As to how you were marked,” Alacran begins, “it is a spell ability of the Shelnak or even of one of the Dark One’s agents and it would have to be done with close proximity.. A few feet at most. The mark is not easily removed and given the urgency of your mission and the fact that I don’t have the facilities here at hand, I can not -remove- it.”

He shrugged but continued before she could show any consternation , “However I can give you a object which will block the power of the mark and prevent the Shelnak or other Dark One’s minions from tracking you. The mark is no doubt the reason you have such horrible visions in your head. The Dark One seeks to confuse you and make you doubt your mission and even your sanity.”

Reaching into his robe he removes an amulet on a long chain. The amulet itself is a gold dragonette with tiny gems encrusted on it’s surface making it shine and twinkle in the light from the window. He holds it out to Siliwen offering her to take it.

“Whilst you wear this amulet, neither the Dark One or his minions will be able to track you or intrude upon your mind.”

Thor watches Alacran’s face and body as this conversation between Siliwen and himself goes on. Not that he is any genius in deciphering facial or body language but he likes to watch for even the slightest little thing that may give a persons real feelings away, a slight smile at an inopportune time, or a poker face when one is not needed hiding ones real feelings, Thor has played some intense poker games in the past.
The dwarf will see no sign of deception in Alacran’s facial movements or gestures. His countenance seems very reserved at most times but he does offer up a smile now and then as he talks but nothing that seems to him to be of a unexpected or suspicious nature.

“We do know from our conversation with the old woman,” Thor will deliberately avoid using her name, “that these Shelnak he says has marked you are magic users of some type, when she told us of the fiends we would encounter on our journey, I remember she said this about the Shelnak , “The worse are the Shelnak… they are tall thin creatures who are very powerful in natural magic. They fight in small groups and channel their magic into one of their group and make him very powerful.. beware this group and if you encounter them remember to try and disrupt the group.. scatter it and you can break their power.”

“So as far as we know we have not met any of these Shelnak do you have any idea how she could have been marked could they do this from a distance or would they have to be close at hand? Also could you tell us what these Shelnak look like? Would we be able to recognize one if we encountered it? and last could any of us be marked by them?”

Alacran turned his full attention to Thor as he spoke and during his first mention of the Shelnak he noticed a strange look come over the man’s face. When Thor stopped talking Alacran remained silent for a few seconds then with a serious look on his face he spoke to the group.

“This old woman you speak of.. Did she live in a secluded hut in the middle of a grove?”
He asked carefully.

(Assuming someone answers in the affirmative or if there is no outright denial)

“Anya” Alacran says with a sigh, “well at least I know where you received your mark.” He said looking at Siliwen and sighed again before continuing.

“She is an agent of the Dark One,” he said slowly and carefully as if trying to impress upon them the truth of his words, “she may have seemed nice and even helpful but she is no healer though she has such powers to aid in her deceptions. No doubt she marked Siliwen and then set the Shelnak upon you.”

Looking back to Thor he continues, “The Shelnak are tall thin humanoid type creatures with hairless bodies of dark oily looking skin. They have slits for a nose and a lipless v-shaped slit for a mouth. They draw upon a natural perverse and dark magic and alone they are not very dangerous, but in groups they can band together and channel their power through the strongest of them making them a very formidable adversary.”

When he is done he looks at everyone in the group with concern clearly written on his face.

“You may not wish to believe it but this Anya woman is not to be trusted,” he says, “anything she had done for you is to earn your trust so that she could mark you and lure you into a trap.”

“I know why you are here,” Alacran says softly, “I know of the agent that arranged for you to be selected and brought here. I also know that you were told to trust no one, unless….” Slowly he holds out his hand and shows then the back of it, there they can see faintly in the sunlight the same glowing symbol that each of them has upon their hands. He looks at them patiently waiting for their reaction.


Posted on 2008-04-12 at 21:10:22.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Nothing is what it seems

Billy listened as the stranger spoke and teh more he heard the more confused he became. The old woman who helped them, healed one of them even, was an agent of this myterious 'dark one'. And the mage before them now was on thier side, at least it seemed so as he bore the mark. "How do you come to have the mark? Are you also from another place?" Billy asked as he studied the mark looking for anything differant about it than the one on his own hand though he didn't expect there to be anythign differant. "How can we know who to trust? You say teh old woman is against us and you are with us. But she also claimed to be on our side and aided us much as you just have." Billy scratched his head then added, "She didn't have the mark or she didn't show us one so maybe she really is a bad old lady. You see, this is why I don't liek mages, they are too tricky. At least warriors of honor show their allegence and make known who they serve." Billy placed a hand against his forehead, "I think this is all giving me a headache."


Posted on 2008-04-12 at 22:12:06.
Edited on 2008-04-13 at 15:49:34 by Keeper of Dragons

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen reaches out and takes the amulet and puts it on as she continues to listen to Aclarn adn

Siliwen was surprise to hear Alacran denounce the old woman as an agent of the Dark One. But the more she thought about it the more likely it seemed to be true. But who else had been that close to her but her friends. It made more sense than believing her friends did it or that this whole event was a lie built on a lie. Because the old woman helped Riddle when he was paralysis by the Nas’ir poison she seemed trustworthy too, but evil works insidiously

Reaching out her hand to Billy’s hand Siliwen touched it touched it gently. “Be easy in you mind. . We were all taken in but her actions. Alacran bears the mark we were told to trust. . If the message we received when we were first brought here is at all true then he is a part of why we are hear and not someone who stands against us.

She looked at Alacran “you could have shown me that mark the first time you know.”

“I also think we need throw away the salve she gave us against the Nas’ir poison. I am afraid to use it now considering what Alacran said. Sir, do you have anything that is good against the Nas’ir poison.

And I think we need to get going a quickly as possible from here if they came here to intervene I’ll bet that soon some one will come to check out what has happened. I would like to be well away from here by then.


Posted on 2008-04-12 at 23:35:59.
Edited on 2008-04-14 at 16:25:39 by Brianna

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Whole New Ball Game.

OOC: I ask for forgiveness for this post may be full of misspelled words and bad grammer but I must leave for work asap and will try to correct these things tonight but I wanted to get the post up.
Thanxs

BIC:As the talk around the table goes on more and more things come out and as they do more things become confusing, at least at first. Thor interjects his questions at the times he feels proper and watches Alacran each and every time he speaks, and he can not see any deception in the man at all.

When asked as to how Siliwan may have been marked Alacran gives to them how the Shelnak would have to do it, As to how you were marked,” Alacran begins, “it is a spell ability of the Shelnak or even of one of the Dark One’s agents and it would have to be done with close proximity.. A few feet at most.
When Alacran asked if the old woman Thor spoke of lived in a hut in the middle of a grove Thor saw no reason not to answer As a matter yes she did live under such conditions.
Thor listens closly to what followed first about the Shelnak “The Shelnak are tall thin humanoid type creatures with hairless bodies of dark oily looking skin. They have slits for a nose and a lipless v-shaped slit for a mouth. They draw upon a natural perverse and dark magic and alone they are not very dangerous, but in groups they can band together and channel their power through the strongest of them making them a very formidable adversary.” but then when Alacran exposes Anya as an agent of the very thing they have been sent to destroy it is a shock to all present. Anya, well at least I know where you received your mark. “She is an agent of the Dark One,” “she may have seemed nice and even helpful but she is no healer though she has such powers to aid in her deceptions. No doubt she marked Siliwen and then set the Shelnak upon you.”
As the group tries to take in this new news that the only one they thought was helping them was acctually an agent for this Dark One Alacran tried to show them he is trying to help them he looks at everyone in the group with concern clearly written on his face. After a moment of silence Alacran continues You may not wish to believe it but this Anya woman is not to be trusted,” “anything she had done for you is to earn your trust so that she could mark you and lure you into a trap.”
Alacran then finally gives up his final secret that will bring the party into his trust, “I know why you are here, “I know of the agent that arranged for you to be selected and brought here. I also know that you were told to trust no one, unless….” At this point Alacran ,he holds out his hand and shows then the back of it, there they can see faintly in the sunlight the same glowing symbol that each of them has upon their hands.

When he does that at once Thor remembers what he had heard durning his being transferred or teleported whatever it was he clearly remembers this “Upon the back of your right hand you will bear a mark,” tbis mark will be bore only by those of your group. Trust no one who does not bear this mark.”
He at once turns to Alacran and the others in the group. First I must say Alacran if you knew this why did you not just show us in the first place why the trust games? That said I must belive that the power that brought us here would be able to mark us so that the evil powers he wants us to fight here would not be able to duplicate it or the very idea of marking us would make no sense. Thus with Alacran being markes as we are I would suggest that at least for now if he agrees that we should vacate this place as fast as we can now that Siliwan's mark is blocked. I also would hope that at least to start Alacran would accompany us and hopefully be able to start us on the right path since whatever Anya has told us is probally leading us into a trap. With that he waits for the others as well as Alacran to respond to his idea of him leaving with them right away.







Posted on 2008-04-14 at 16:04:29.
Edited on 2008-04-14 at 16:06:07 by Dragonmist

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


ah but first questions

As alacran shows his mark riddles mind begins to swirl with thoughts. the thoughts he was sure that many were entertaining at the time as well. As riddle listened intently he heard the phrases that he made him hope. " You said that you knew who sent us here, and selected us, well my question is why? Why me im am just a simple ranger with few skill why not if you needed a ranger select some one of more skill then my own? is this something you can provide an answer for me." as he finished stating these questions he looks to siliwen and offers a small smile glad that she had finaly found something to provide a little peace. "Gods i hope that amulet works for her" he whispers under his breath. With this statement he pulls his dagger out and begins cleaning his nails and waits for an answer


Posted on 2008-04-17 at 04:36:39.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea sat at the tabel with the others after moving into the common room. As ALacran story unfolding she ws listening carefully. She was at first a bit dismayed when Alacran said he coul dnot lift that mork from SIliwen's forehead right now as he had not the items he needed to do it. That ws nt good. If the mark truly ws as he said a beacon for the Dark ONes minions then they were all marked because Siliwen must continue with them if they were to succeed in their mission. However then he offer Siliwen an amulet which he said would block the mark and keep them safe from that much.

Her dismay returned when SLacran told them all that the old woman who had helped them most likely put that mark on SIliwen in the first place. Alea could not believe that she had be so taken in by the woman who had offered to help them when Riddle was poisoned. However to bak up all that he had said and done ALacran showed them the mark on him that they had been told to trust.

Now why had he shown them that mark to begin with. That only would have made his earlier words believed. THey had so little they know about this place so few to trust.

WHEn Riddle asked his question about why him. HEr mind echoed the same question why her. and then she though why any of them. NOne of them were very experienced in their own area. Siliwen was a young mage, Billy, Riddle, Thondrk and herself none of them had been long at their chosen occupations.,

"Yes Alacran Why Riddle? Why me or any of the rest of us. We are not a band of heros of legend or lore. We are not powerful or even long on experience. WHy us? Are there not people of this land that know it better thatn us capable of what we can do or more?"

WUestion she had and more for the man of this world who knew things they wanted and needed to know.


Posted on 2008-04-17 at 06:16:42.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.