The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is Vallator.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by TannTalas)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea sat at the table with the others after moving into the common room. As Alacran's story wasunfolding she listened carefully. She was, at first a bit dismayed when Alacran said he could dnot lift that moak from iliwen's forehead right now as he had not the items he needed to do it. That ws not good. If the mark truly was as he said a beacon for the Dark One's minions then they were all marked because Siliwen must continue with them if they were to succeed in their mission. However then he offer Siliwen an amulet which he said would block the mark and keep them safe from that much.

Her dismay returned when Alacran told them all that the old woman who had helped them most likely put that mark on Siliwen in the first place. Alea could not believe that she had be so taken in by the woman who had offered to help them when Riddle was poisoned. However to back up all that he had said and done Alacran showed them the mark on him that they had been told to trust.

Now why had he shown them that mark to begin with. That only would have made his earlier words believed. They had so little they know about this place so few to trust.

When Riddle asked his question about why him. Her mind echoed the same question why her, and then she thought why any of them. None of them were very experienced in their own area. Siliwen was a young mage, Billy, Riddle, Thonderk and herself none of them had been long at their chosen occupations.

"Yes Alacran Why Riddle? Why me or any of the rest of us. We are not a band of heros of legend or lore. We are not powerful or even long on experience. Why us? Are there not people of this land that know it better than us and who are capable of what we can do or more?"

Questions she had and more for the man of this world who knew things they wanted and needed to know.


Posted on 2008-04-17 at 06:16:57.
Edited on 2008-04-17 at 21:23:55 by Dragon Mistress

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


More revelations.. explainations... assistance.. and danger...

Location: Northpoint Road – Leeside Way Inn
Date/Time: Day Three – Morning

. "How do you come to have the mark? Are you also from another place?" Billy asked as he studied the mark looking for anything different about it than the one on his own hand though he didn't expect there to be anything different. "How can we know who to trust? You say the old woman is against us and you are with us. But she also claimed to be on our side and aided us much as you just have." Billy scratched his head then added, "She didn't have the mark or she didn't show us one so maybe she really is a bad old lady. You see, this is why I don't like mages, they are too tricky. At least warriors of honor show their allegiance and make known who they serve." Billy placed a hand against his forehead, "I think this is all giving me a headache."

Reaching out her hand to Billy’s hand Siliwen touched it touched it gently. “Be easy in you mind. . We were all taken in but her actions. Alacran bears the mark we were told to trust. . If the message we received when we were first brought here is at all true then he is a part of why we are hear and not someone who stands against us.”

She looked at Alacran “you could have shown me that mark the first time you know.”

“I also think we need throw away the salve she gave us against the Nas’ir poison. I am afraid to use it now considering what Alacran said. Sir, do you have anything that is good against the Nas’ir poison.

And I think we need to get going a quickly as possible from here if they came here to intervene I’ll bet that soon some one will come to check out what has happened. I would like to be well away from here by then.

Thor at once turns to Alacran and the others in the group. “First I must say Alacran if you knew this why did you not just show us in the first place why the trust games? That said I must believe that the power that brought us here would be able to mark us so that the evil powers he wants us to fight here would not be able to duplicate it or the very idea of marking us would make no sense. Thus with Alacran being marked as we are I would suggest that at least for now if he agrees that we should vacate this place as fast as we can now that Siliwan's mark is blocked. I also would hope that at least to start Alacran would accompany us and hopefully be able to start us on the right path since whatever Anya has told us is probably leading us into a trap.”

As riddle listened intently he heard the phrases that he made him hope. "You said that you knew who sent us here, and selected us, well my question is why? Why me I am just a simple ranger with few skills why not if you needed a ranger select some one of more skill then my own? Is this something you can provide an answer for me."

"Yes Alacran Why Riddle?” echoed Alea, “Why me or any of the rest of us. We are not a band of heroes of legend or lore. We are not powerful or even long on experience. Why us? Are there not people of this land that know it better than us capable of what we can do or more?"

Alacran raised his hand to hold all the ramble of questions and once they fell silent he sighed and sat back in his chair. His gaze rested on the mark upon the back of his hand, it faded slightly as he rubbed it with his other hand so that it wasn’t really glowing anymore now that he had withdrawn it from the proximity of the others. Finally he raised his eyes to them and if they looked closely they would see pain buried deep inside.

“First let me tell you about the group that preceded you on this mission years ago and maybe you will understand,” He began his voice heavy with emotion. “A couple years ago a group like yours was selected much the same way you were.. plucked from their worlds without thought of whether they wanted to be chosen or not. I was one of those people who were given the same mission and with a great sense of duty we embarked upon it with eagerness and … most of us were killed.” He paused a moment as if reliving the experience.

“Only two of us survived,” he went on, “the thief of the group went off on his own determined to survive but I have since learned he was unsuccessful. I have been trying to help the people around here to prepare for the coming invasion and to prepare for the arrival of the next group that I knew would be chosen.”

“As to why you were chosen,” he smirked slightly and shook his head, “I can only guess it has something to do with the last group. We were powerful as you would expect such a group of world savers would be, but in our power the Dark One could feel us too easily. He found us and his minions hounded us at every turn. Some of us made it to the mountains but there most of us fell under an onslaught of enemies. I was able to escape and take the only other living survivor with me.”

“I believe,” he said looking at each of them, “you were chosen because of your lack of great power. I know it sounds strange, and might sound like it makes no sense, but the Dark One cant discern you from the other normal folks here, actually you might not appear to him at all. And the ‘marking’ that they placed upon Siliwen seems to prove that thought. He only attacked you when you first arrived because he felt the power that brought you here, and then once you were marked they could find you again. “

“You see, the first group learned they were chosen because they were from outside this world in the hopes the Dark One wouldn’t be able to sense them coming,“ Alacran explained, “But we were so powerful he easily could sense that so I assume this time they decided to pick heroes that might be able to sneak up on him.”

“At least that is my assumption,” he shrugged, “you see.. it isn’t any one god that chose you all. Several Gods that are interested in this place have banned together and chosen champions to battle this evil. Unwilling champions maybe but the Gods believe you have some type of gift that will help you defeat your enemy, if you only believe in yourself.”

“Now as to why I didn’t show you the mark before,” he smiled slightly, “I wasn’t sure how to proceed with you. I didn’t know if I needed to tell you the entire tale of the ones that came before you, I didn’t want to discourage you further. But when I went away to summon aid for our friend the Innkeeper, I had some time to think and since you caught me red handed, “he grinned slightly, “I decided that I had to come forth and reveal everything to you.”

Turning to Siliwen, “The amulet will keep the mark at bay, and if any others of you become marked the amulet will allow her to see the mark upon that person. I doubt that will happen as the magic responsible for making the mark requires time and close proximity to complete.”

“Speaking of Anya,” Alacran continued with a sigh, “I am sorry you crossed her path so soon. I tried to discern your arrival and location but she must have been blocking me and I didn’t sense your presence till you traveled further south and came closer to me. If she gave you anything, I would discard it, more than likely it would be something that would only allow them to track you either magically or by scent.”

Alacran reached into his robe and pulled out a small vial in a hardened leather case. Inside was an amber colored liquid and he handed the case to Alea. “A drop of this liquid in the mouth will negate the paralyzing poison of the Na’sir in a few seconds. I regret that is all I have but since you only need a single drop it should last you for a long time.”

“I regret also that I can not accompany you,” He said sadly as he looked at the dwarf, “if I was to go I would still be a beacon to the Dark One and his agents and would only bring down the enemy upon your head. I can offer you some guidance on your destination; how to get there, where to go, and something that may allow you to bypass many of the enemy forces.”

“The stone you seek is very dangerous and very evil,” Alacran began, “and when my group came here there was one of us selected and given the power to destroy it. That one was not I.” He turned his gaze to look at Siliwen, “I believe you are the one that has been chosen. I think that is why the mark was placed upon you and why they sought to drive you crazy with nightmares and visions. They hope to break you before you get to the stone so that if you do make it, you will be corrupted by its evil.”

“If this is so,” he continued, “Siliwen must be protected during this journey for none of the rest of you may accomplish this feat. For to touch the stone it will either corrupt you into the Dark One’s service or it will blast the flesh from your bones, neither a desirable prospect I am sure.”

Reaching into his robe he brought out a small pouch and opening it he dumped a ring out onto his hand. It was a small ring with a blue star sapphire set in gold; the gem was of exceptional quality and of about 5 carats in size but the ‘star’ in the sapphire was faded and dull. He picked the ring up and held it out to Siliwen.

“Take this ring,” Alacran said to her, “This will show if you are indeed the one chosen.”

(Since we are all trusting friends now I assume she will take it )

As soon as Siliwen picks up the ring, the ‘Star” embedded in the sapphire begins to glow brighter. She feels nothing from the ring, no heat and no ill feelings of any kind, if anything she feels something that feels right.

“It seems the choice has been made,” Alacran states, “If you put the ring on it will be your guide to the location of the stone.”

(Again assuming she does)

When she slips the ring on her finger the glowing star begins spin and then rise up out of the surface of the ring floating in air above the sapphire. It spins and then slows and rotates until it looks like the star is pointing across the room towards the Southwest; the direction of the mountain.

“The star will point you the way,” he continues explaining, “and as you get closer the star will brighten. It has some intelligence and when we used it in our attempt on the stone, it helped us to bypass enemy encampments and warned us of wards. The star is activated by thought, so if you don’t wish it to point the way, at any given time, just wish it back to sleep.”

If she thinks on it, the star will shrink back into the ring and then fade to a dull glow which is only barely noticeable.

“Now, I think you should be away as soon as possible,” He states as he stands on his feet, “My presence here along with your absence to the Dark One’s minions will no doubt draw another attack here and…” He paused and turned his head towards the window. “It comes already.”

“You must gather your things now,” Alacran says with great urgency as he moves towards the door and opening it looks out across the plain stretching away from the Inn, “you have only a few minutes.. HURRY!!” Grasping his staff tightly he steps out of the Inn leaving the group standing or sitting stunned in the common room.




Posted on 2008-04-17 at 20:08:36.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


Time to leave

Billy grabbed his gear and was ready to move; he didn't have to be told twice after the story he just heard. "Which ever way he goes, we should go the opposite and confuse the Dark agents." Billy smiled as if his statement was the most profound bit of deductive reasoning ever displayed.


Posted on 2008-04-18 at 15:17:46.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"To the stable and fast," calls Alea as she gathers her things and heads out the back door.

She gives a quick check as to what is about before sprinting to the stable, luckily it was close and slightly hidden from the front of the inn.

Once in the stable she will quickly get out her horse and with a speed born of desparation, saddle and bridle him over his halter so as not to waste time and mount.


Posted on 2008-04-18 at 18:32:08.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen


As Alacran ordered them to fly he turned to go out to whatever forces had been gathered against them. Panic would do her or her companion no good. She would not give into to it. Panic was a weakness. Decisive action was need and so Siliwen speeds up hereps to the room she had shared with Alea and she flies into the room. Grabbing up her pack she stuffed whatever was abount into it. A fleeting thought entered her mind that this was taking precious time ando she decided that it was something she would never again not be fully prepared to fly at a moments notice.

Siliwen races out of the room and scurries down the steps as fast as she can sprinting all the way to the Stable. Her mare whickers at her appearance looking forward to her usual morning treat, but not this day. Siliwen slips on the bitless bridle over mare's head and slips on the saddle blanket and her saddle as fast as she can. Hoever she takes the time to cnch the girth up and secure it. It would not doer any good if it was to loose. "Sorry, my beauty we must fly this place.”

Siliwen ties her pack onto the saddle tightly and moves to mount her mare who is smallish in respect to her kind but Siliwen is too so she still has to stretch to make it up into the saddle. Siliwen tucks the amulet inside her tunic and checks the ring for direction.

"Alea did you said ride the other way? How about we take off at an angle so as not to lose ground?"

She turns to the stable man and flips him a gold. "Trouble comes It would be best if you wre not here until it leaves. This should compensate you. Take the day off and be far away." She wheels her mount to orient it at a right angle to where they need to go and the closests to the nearest heavy cover of a forest. Hoping to get our of visual range of whatever is coming.

"This way for now," she calls out noitsure of her path as she had not been before, not just because of the ring but also because what Alacran had told them. If they had been chosen they would do their best of that she had no doubt.


Posted on 2008-04-19 at 18:47:29.
Edited on 2008-04-20 at 05:30:31 by Brianna

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Quickly

Riddle quickly grabs his gear and listens to the others as they debate there rout. He quickly looked up as the debate began and through in his peace. " We should use the trees to our advantage it would require us to leave our horses, which is an idea im not to fond of but it would give us cover, make us harder to track and should a conflict occur it would give us an advantage to cut down their numbers. What do you think, one way or another we need to decide quickly."

With this he draws his swords and begins looking about for any opponent that might have come close enough to the group


Posted on 2008-04-19 at 22:16:43.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen


Siliwen turns in the saddle as she rides at Riddles words, "We can use the forest for cover and still keep our horse. We have such a wasy to travel and will be sorely slowed without them. If we tie brush behind it it should wipe out enough of our tracks and if we can find a river we could lose them by traveling a ways in it." Siliwen says relunctant to part with her elven steed. She keeps riding to the closest woods. "Ride quickly"


Posted on 2008-04-20 at 05:03:04.
Edited on 2008-04-20 at 05:27:38 by Brianna

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


..,.

riddle quickly mounts up his horse and rides off. chasing after siliwen. when he caught up he slowed his pace and kept his swords in his hands ready for any type of fight. As they enter the woods Riddle begins lookin about for any signs of danger from the plants and animals.


Posted on 2008-04-20 at 18:32:16.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea leans close to the war horse and rides him forward with her hands and feet. Ever so often she looks behind to see if they are being followed.

Siliswen had the right of it, to do everything possible to erase their tracks.


Posted on 2008-04-21 at 07:09:06.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


On the Move Again.

As the group listens to Alacrans story about being a left over from the first party brought here to fights against this dark one and how they where able to be tracked because of the power they held, a lot of what had happened since they arrived at this place started to kind of make sense. At least the why them it kind of made sense, bring in people that the other side would least expect and hope that there being able to surprise, compensates for any other short comings they may have.

He wonders if them running into Anya first was just a piece of bad luck or if that whole thing had been orchestrated since it was known where they originally landed. Anyways once Alacran told them that they had been easy to track because of their power he knew at once that Alacran would not be able to travel with them, then the mage made the same known to the group.

At least he did have some items which would be helpful to the group. he gave them a liquid that would counteract the Nas'air poison, the amulet that would shield Siliwan from them following her because of the mark, and finally a magnificent ring that would help them by pointing the way to this stone they needed to destroy.

Then just as they were deciding they should leave at once before a new attack happened while they waited here, it seemed they had waited to long. Alacran gets up saying “My presence here along with your absence to the Dark One’s minions will no doubt draw another attack here and…” He paused and turned his head towards the window. “It comes already.” “You must gather your things now,” “you have only a few minutes.. HURRY!!” Grasping his staff tightly he steps out of the Inn leaving the group standing or sitting stunned in the common room.

But not for long, Thor is glad he always practices the “Fighters Motto” Be Prepared so ever since he had gone out to see his horse the first time he had his belongings in his pack and his pack with him, so he was ready and only needed to get to the stables and get his horse “Lighting”. He follows Alea as she heads for the back door since he had just come that way from the stables he knows that offers them the best cover back to the stables. When Riddle suggests that maybe they leave their horses behind he is about to voice an objection but Siliwen beats him to it. However he is not sure that tying brush behind the horses will cover their tracks since it looks like they will be riding through at first grassy field till they reach the woods then along side them he thinks pulling something behind the horse might actually make their trail wider and easier to follow it's not like they are riding through dirt or sand.

He doesn't really say anything one way or the other he just climbs on his trusty horse leans forward pats her on the neck and whispers into her ear we must ride fast but steady my friend there will be no trail so do your best and find us the easiest one and try to lead us to a stream or river. Thor has always talked to his horse in this manner, though he has no idea if she understands anything he says at all, but he has found that talking to her has always seemed to help so he does it.

So they are off headed at an angle to where they are supposed to head in an effort to throw off any who might try to follow. They head quickly across the field towards the closest woods then once there use the trees in an effort to shield themselves from being spotted they move as rapidly as the landscape will allow them to.


Posted on 2008-04-21 at 11:56:39.
Edited on 2008-04-21 at 11:58:40 by Dragonmist

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


Over the river and thru the woods...

Billy quickly saddled his horse and rode out with the others. It seemed his mount could tell this was no ordinary day ride for its was full of nervous energy. As they left town Billy allowed the animal to run in order to release a bit of the extra energy.

Soon the forest came into view and he reigned in his horse so it wouldn't trip and fall on the many tree roots and underbrush. Though he didn't draw his sword he kept a keen eye out for trouble. Somehow he just knew that the magic of the amulet would have a "but" in its ability to shield their location. Soemthing like, 'it shields you from the dark one BUT makes dragons unhappy' or 'they can't find you BUT they have demon-spawned tracking dogs that can follow a 3 week old trail'.


Posted on 2008-04-21 at 12:40:38.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The fight to escape....

Location: Northpoint Road – Leeside Way Inn
Date/Time: Day Three – Mid Morning

As the party raced out of the Inn and to the stables, some arriving sooner than others, and begin to ready their mounts, the stable man seeing they are in a hurray to leave helped them anyway he could. Since Siliwen is the last to exit, having had to go back upstairs to get her things, when she gets to the mount it is almost ready thanks to the stable man and they are all ready to ride together.

Siliwen turns to the stable man and flips him a gold. "Trouble comes It would be best if you are not here until it leaves. This should compensate you. Take the day off and be far away."
He catches the coin expertly from the air and smiles, “Thank you and may the gods watch over you.”

The star rises from Siliwen’s ring at her mental command and it points towards the Southwest, off of the main road which is now headed Southeast. They decide to head South as it will still keep them close to their intended direction but maybe anyone trying to follow them would think they were sticking to the road.

They race out of the Stabling yard and head out across the plain and the ground rises slightly giving them a good view of the area around them. They feel it first, a foul wind that seems to come fro the Northwest and it send shivers down their spines causing all to turn and look even as their horses seem to speed up in response to the dread they feel in the air.

Off to their right and behind them it is open plain and they can see for a good distance across the grassland in front of the Inn. As the wind picks up they see a large dark blot on the plain; it is shaped like a wedge with the point aimed directly at the Inn behind them. The keenest eyes among them, can see that the wedge is comprised of tall dark creatures much like the one they seen when they were attacked by the wolves; a Shelnak or rather about 20 of them this time in the wedge like formation they were warned about previously.

The Dark wedge seems to swallow up all the light around it making it look like a blot of disease upon the land; the wedge is headed straight for the Inn. As it moves across the grassland it leaves a burned looking scar behind it as if the tread of their feet sucks the live from the very ground upon which they trod.

Suddenly the wedge stops and they can see a lone robed figure standing in front of the wedge barring its path. They can not hear anything except the wind and the galloping of their horses but it seems as if some kind of conversation is happening. Then without warning the Shelnak at the apex of the wedge draws a 7’ long triangular metal rod and wielding it like a weapon lashes out at the smaller man before it.

The staff of the man, undoubtedly Alarcan, catches the metal rod and a clash of power erupts from their contact. The power released is so great that the onlookers must turn their heads or shield their eyes at first or risk blindness. When their vision clears, they see bolts of lightning crashing down from the clear sky and striking at the wedge while the battle rages on between the Shelnak Leader and Alacran. Great gouts of red power are flung at Alacran from the metal rod of the Shelnak leader only to be batted aside with gestures of the man’s staff.

The sight of Alacran fighting alone against such a powerful opponent so that the party can retreat causes some hesitation in the group; but even as the thought occurred they all heard the mage’s voice as clearly as if he were standing in front of them.

“Do not turn from your path,” Alacran’s voice said, “this foe is beyond your power. Flee and stay on your mission… never fear.. I will survive this as this Master is not so formidable… I will send you another ‘companion’ later whose purpose may not be clear but he will aid you I am sure … for I have been preparing him for this mission while waiting for your arrival…. Good luck my friends… keep heart and never doubt your ability.”

The thunderclaps from the lightning and the clash of powers can be heard above the noise of their pursuit as the party crested the rise and then rode over it leaving the battle behind them.

The group races across the plain and shortly they find a large wooded area in their path, slowing so their horses can find their way, they follow Siliwen’s directions as they make their way through the forest as fast as they dare. After a couple hours the horses are showing signs of exhaustion and they know that they must rest or risk loosing some of their mounts. Slowing to a walk they ride on for a little while and shortly after Noon they find a small area which is big enough for a small camp. Stopping they dismount and sigh heavily in relief as they have seen no signs of pursuit.

Location: Northpoint Road – Leeside Way Inn
Date/Time: Day Three – Early Afternoon



Posted on 2008-04-21 at 19:34:31.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen



The direction of the start set her path it lay halfway between the road and their true path. The stableman wish them the protection of the Gods, Siliwen thought they would need it this day and in the coming days as well, but she didn’t want to use it all up before they got to where they needed to go. It is unfortunate that the woods they sought were far across the broad grassy plains. Even as they raced at their best possible pace they had not escaped to the shelter of woods when an ominously dark wedge appeared on the horizon. The Shelnak, she supposed. She did not want to stay around and find out but when they met Alacran, a lone figure standing against them all she could not but gasp in concern--so many against just one. She remembers his words that they were more powerful as a group.

Siliwen heart pounds as she urges her Moondancer over the field. The horse of her companions keeping pace. On a good road she may have well outdistanced them but she would not risk her mare over an open field like this. One burrow in the ground could snap and horses leg.

As the wedge move inexorably on Siliwen cannot help but look behind at the confrontation. Raw red power slashes through the darkness around the Shelnak targeted on Alacran. In response vivid streaks of lightning flew from Alacran’s staff. She was torn between continuing on or turning to help but reason told her to continue on racing away. That had been his purpose to keep them from following their group until they got away, so she pushed Moondancer faster.

Her decision was reinforced when Alacran’s words came to them across the intervening distance as if he stood near them. “Do not turn from your path,” Alacran’s voice said, “this foe is beyond your power. Flee and stay on your mission… never fear... I will survive this as this Master is not so formidable… I will send you another ‘companion’ later whose purpose may not be clear but he will aid you I am sure … for I have been preparing him for this mission while waiting for your arrival…. Good luck my friends… keep heart and never doubt your ability.”

They crested the rise almost as one and went over. Not so distant now they could see the dark line of trees at the edge of the forest. A haven she hoped. They rode on to gain that small measure of shelter.

Of necessity they slowed their mad pace to something that would allow them to negotiate through the forest. Siliwen continued to check the direction the star point and always brought them back on course.

But even that had to be dropped again and their mounts tired. Even her elven mare labored. She dismounted and walked along side the mare for a time giving her a break and Siliwen as well she is not used to riding as such a speed and for so long. Oh, she had gone on long rides. but those mostly at a walk with short periods of canters--certainly never anything like this mad rush. As she dismounted her legs almost collapsed under her. But after a few minutes she was able to hang onto the saddle until start walking almost normally. After that she alternately walked and rode at the walk to give her mare a break.

When the small clearing was reached it was almost without a word between them that they stopped to make camp. Siliwen commanded the star to sleep. And took a huge breath and let it out slowly. As tired as she was her rest did not come first. Siliwen stripped Moondancer of her tack and went to look for water for her. After watering her she gives her a rub down. It was not long before her tired body complained to her so the brushing may not have been a long or as thorough as it could have been but it was the best she could do right now. Her arms dropped wearily after she carried her saddlebags to where the others had gathered. She let the mare wander knowing that she would not stray far—such was the bond between them


Posted on 2008-04-22 at 04:54:16.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Horrible Sight and a site for sore eyes.

As they race across the open fields that will take them to the forest they seek Thor just as the rest of them can't help but look back and what he sees doesn't help fill him with confidence, for if they had been there without warning the powerful forces he was now watching in combat with Alacran would have probably wiped them out rather quickly. He is not sure of this for he knows they would have given it their best but the Shelnak surely look rather awesome.he watched as great gouts of some red power are being flung at Alacran which he deftly knocks aside all the while he is concentrating on bringing awesome lighting bolts to strike at the heart of the Shelnak wedge.

As he watches over his shoulder and starts to feel like he is running away from his duty he hears Alacrans voice like he was there with him speaking to him, Do not turn from your path,” this foe is beyond your power. Flee and stay on your mission… never fear.. I will survive this as this Master is not so formidable… I will send you another ‘companion’ later whose purpose may not be clear but he will aid you I am sure … for I have been preparing him for this mission while waiting for your arrival…. Good luck my friends… keep heart and never doubt your ability.” With that Thor turns back to the front and with a new determination spurs “Lighting” on.

When they do reach the woods they slow but keep up a steady pace wanting to put as much distance between them and their pursuers. After awhile however it becomes obvious that their mounts are tiring
and will need to be rested and soon. then as if their needs are granted they find a small area which is big enough for a small camp. So without a word as if they are reading each others minds they all stop and dismount, and as one there is a sigh of relief. Looking around at the others Thor can tell they are all tired and in need of some rest. I think we could all use some rest as well as our horses, but we also need to keep a watch. I hope that we may be able to find some water nearby also. Riddle maybe you and Billy could take a quick look around and see if you can locate any water, but I wouldn't stray to far. The two ladies could start to rest and I will keep watch over the area for now. then if we find water we can gather some for us and then water our mounts before we start out again.


Posted on 2008-04-22 at 13:44:51.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Ride

Riddle and the group ride hard in the direction siliwens star, while they rode riddle wondered who this companion was supposed to be, he pondered the possibilities. Riddle could not help but look back and whilsper his thanks to Alacran as their horses began to tire if it were not for him they would not have made it this far.

"i do not think that a rest at the moment is a good idea, no doubt our horses are tired but we should press on walk our horses behind us we need to get as much ground between us and the inn as possible. Also we need to make sure we loose some of possibilities of pursuit. perhaps we should split up for a short way nothing too far. What do you think."


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 02:37:19.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.