The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: Espatier, Blackthorn
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Raven)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by Nomad D2)Paranoia: C Q&A
Recruitment Threads - D&D/Horror game (posted by t_catt11)D&D/Horror game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea looks back and sees that the Dark wedge seems to swallow up all the light around it making it look like a blot of disease upon the land; the wedge is headed straight for the Inn. As it moves across the grassland it leaves a burned looking scar behind it as if the tread of their feet sucks the live from the very ground upon which they trod. The sight of the wedge sends shivers down Alea’s spine.

Suddenly the wedge stops and they can see a lone robed figure standing in front of the wedge barring its path. They can not hear anything except the wind and the galloping of their horses but it seems as if some kind of conversation is happening. Then without warning the Shelnak at the apex of the wedge draws a 7’ long triangular metal rod and wielding it like a weapon lashes out at the smaller man before it.
Gouts of red power are flung at Alacran from the metal rod of the Shelnak leader only to be batted aside with gestures of the man’s staff.

Alea grasps her Holy symbol and prays to Corellon to aid Alacran in this battle against the Dark One

The sight of Alacran fighting alone against such a powerful opponent so that the party can retreat causes some hesitation in the group; but even as the thought occurred they all heard the mage’s voice as clearly as if he were standing in front of them.

“Do not turn from your path,” Alacran’s voice said, “this foe is beyond your power. Flee and stay on your mission… never fear.. I will survive this as this Master is not so formidable… I will send you another ‘companion’ later whose purpose may not be clear but he will aid you I am sure … for I have been preparing him for this mission while waiting for your arrival…. Good luck my friends… keep heart and never doubt your ability.”

The thunderclaps from the lightning and the clash of powers can be heard above the noise of their pursuit as the party crested the rise and then rode over it leaving the battle behind them.

Alea has never ridden this hard before in her life. With a constant prayer in her heart for Alacran she leans close to her horse and become one with her saddle. Every second they rode put them further from the terrible threat of the minions of the Dark. She breathes a sigh of relief as they make it to the forest and the shelter of the trees. They are forced to slow down for the sake of the horses, to keep them from tripping on tree roots. Finally sensing the exhaustion of all their horses they slow to a walk until they find a place to rest the horses and themselves.

Alea tends to her mount pulling the saddle and blanket and when the horse cools, she brushes it, remembering a lesson on the chief Equerry of the Temple, never brush a hot horse. Once cooled and brushed she take her stallion to drink, only allowing him little water now and then later letting him drink more. A foundered horse would slow them down and thus endanger all.

“Now what?”


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 03:38:45.
Edited on 2008-04-24 at 05:35:13 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


A simple plan

Billy heard Alea ask "Now what?" as he tended to his horse. "Well I guess we go and find the evil thing and destroy it." Billy had a knack for stating the obvious. "I don't know about the rest of you but I think it is an honor to have been chosen for this quest. We have a chance to make things better for an entire world if we succeed and I do not intend to fail." Sometimes it was nice to have a simple outlook on life where things were black or white.


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 15:14:25.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen nodded at Billy's words. Three was more to him than one would first suspect certainly in his ability to take things in and reply in simple clear words. He had assessed the situation clearly.

"You are right, Billy absolutely. your analysis of the event is precise. We are here and there is no going back until we succeed. Thus the guest we were given is our goal. I can believe that it will help this world from what we have seen of the enemy. So we will get to that quest tomorrow after a good nights rest," Siliwen agrees.

"I wilt also accept that offer to stand watch first. "Ihaven't been sleeping well the last few nights and I am tired and the ride today left my body aching. she put action to her words and unrolls her bedroll and tosses down her winter blanket in case it got cold later.

Dragging her pack to her bedroll she sit down and carefully unpack the bundle where her trail rations are kept. Pulling out a bar of dried fruit and handful of nuts "Cold rations tonight will mean we don't have to risk a fire."

Taking out her spell book as well Siliwen studies her spells while she eats. Water is what she has to wash it all down with water that has been a a water skin now for several days. it is not cold nor does it taste fresh but it is at hand.

Siliwen's eyes begin to flicker as the tiredness sweeps over her. She yawns and looks over to the others. "Wake me when it is my watch," Siliwen tells her companions. Then she packs everything away including her precious spell book so that if they had to move quickly everything was ready to go. She would not be caught with her things scattered about as she was this morning.

Siliwen slips into her bedroll and tucks her back pack under her. reaching into her tunic she takes the amulet in her hands and closes her eyes. Her thoughts, before she quickly drifted off to sleep were that she I hoped the amulet will work as Alacran said. Her prayers was for Alacran and then them all that they would be successful.


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 16:51:42.
Edited on 2008-04-25 at 01:52:03 by Brianna

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


I will

Riddle begins quickly looking around their encampment for anyway to fortify it for their nights slumber. Looking to find any availability for traps using the natural surroundings. As he walks about the encampment he takes in a deap breath and sighs with relife. how happy was he to be home


Posted on 2008-04-25 at 02:59:54.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Journey continues..

Location: Open Plains - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Three – Afternoon

The group settled in for the camp in the small clearing among the trees. It would have been a fine place to rest with birds chirping around them and the trod of small animals running by the clearing; except for the escape from the Inn and the hard ride they had just undergone. They found plenty of fresh water only a couple hundred feet down the slope from the clearing; a small stream ran through the forest here and the water was clear and cold.

Though it was only early afternoon, they felt so drained from the ride and the emotion of watching Alacran fight so that they could escape, so they rested the rest of the afternoon and decided to camp here for the night. Watches were set, a few whip and snare traps were set, by Riddle, from natural materials found nearby, and things were packed and ready, weapons were kept close at hand. It seemed that they all had learned to be ready to travel at a moment’s notice.

Siliwen slept easily that night, the best since coming here, she had no nightmares and it seemed not long before she was awakened by Riddle for her watch early the next morning.

Location: Open Plains - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Four

The morning came bright and clear and it’s warmth made them all seem as if yesterday were only a dream. The horses were well rested, having the entire afternoon and night to recover; they seemed ready and eager to get underway. The food, water and extra rest they had received filled them with exuberance.

Checking the map (whoever has it) the entire group gathers round as they eat a small cold breakfast; and when they estimate their current location, they believe it is still at least 3 days of normal riding before they would reach the base of the Grey Mountains. Siliwen checked her ring and it pointed almost straight Southwest, straight towards those very mountains.

Breaking camp they start off sticking to the woods as much as possible, but by early afternoon they come out the other side of those woods and have a lot of open plains before them. Riding normally, not taxing their mounts whose energy may be needed later, they make good time and as darkness falls they find a small cluster of trees which would be large enough to shield them from immediate sight at any great distance.

Making camp in the trees, they find no water here but have enough in their skins and such to tend to themselves and their horses. A few birds, squirrels and rabbits seem to take offense at the intruders into their domain. The night comes clear and once again watches are set as usual and Siliwen once again has no nightmares, leading her to believe the amulet it working.

Location: Open Plains - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Five

The morning comes again and still no sign of pursuit or danger of any kind; though glancing to the Southwest as the sun tops the western horizon, they see the tips of the Grey Mountains through the morning haze and suddenly they get an ominous feeling in the center of their chests. It isn’t danger, just a feeling of dread at the seemingly great task before them.

After another breakfast (not sure if you are still keeping a cold camp but that is up to you) they consult Siliwen’s ring and the map and taking their bearings, still towards the mountains, they head off across the open plains again. They see little out here but a few grazing wild animals and even a couple of what looks like cows in the distance, but they do not approach as it would only lead to an encounter with peasants or others that couldn’t help them anyway.

Through out the day as they ride, the mountains grow more distinct and ominous looking and the feeling of dread grows greater with each passing hour. When they stop for a short break around noon, they estimate that they are now beyond the city of Zygoth on their map and estimate that at this pace they should reach the foothills of the mountains by late tomorrow evening.

They once again get underway and the mountain peaks are now looming up before them clearly in the distance. Dark clouds seem to constantly swirl around the tallest peaks periodically sending out flashes of silent lightning across the sky. The sight only increases the party’s apprehension about the foreboding task to come.

Just after their noon break they are crossing a rise in the plains and suddenly pull up as Riddle’s keen Ranger eyes spot sign of riders in the distance to the South. Watching them for a couple minutes they can tell the ‘riders’ are headed away from the peaks and headed due East. Riddle can pick out at least a dozen of them and if he had to guess he would say they could be more Na’sir like they encountered when they first came to this land. Luckily the ‘riders’ do not spot the party, maybe their vision isn’t as keen, and within a few minutes they pass from sight still headed East and the party continues on.

By the time the darkness begins to settle around them the peaks now stretch across half the sky before them. They search around and just before sunset they find a sizable group of trees that would give adequate cover from discovery. Riding slowly into the thick trees they find a small clear area just large enough for their camp, though it will require some cutting of brush and such to make a clear area to sleep.

Camp is soon made, and being so near their goal they might consider it wise to keep a cold camp (really up to you). The mounts are fed and they obtain water from the stream running through the woods. The water seems ok, but it is has a slightly stagnant taste as if it had sat still for too long, despite its constant flow towards the South. They hear no wildlife here, the woods are quiet and the air here seems still and stale smelling. It is as if the proximity of this place to the Grey Mountains is somehow tainting it slowly over time.

Watches are again set and people begin to turn in to bed, but the strange silence seems to nag at each of them making it hard to fall asleep at first. Once asleep they sleep peacefully, no nightmares and the night passes slowly.

It is early morning and Riddle is still on watch, the sun has not yet started to brighten the sky to the West above the large ridge which he can see that separates the upper land from the lower land where they are now camped. The cliff face is several hundred feet high and the mountains seem to jut out of the ground directly in the path of the cliff as if barring its way. He can only imagine the great upheaval that would have caused such a rift in the ground to occur. If the rumors they had heard were true, this was where a great battle between the gods happened and that is why the stone they are looking for was lost somewhere beneath the mountains.

As Riddle stood watch, keenly listening for any sounds and watching through the trees to towards the West, Siliwen stirred slightly. It wasn’t a nightmare that disturbed her sleep but a vision in which she couldn’t really see anything but clouds and sunlight peeking through. It was really quite soothing and comforting and slowly she begin to hear words, low at first but growing in volume as if they were floating to her from across the clouds.

“Siliwen,” the voice said sounding very much like Alacran, “have heart.. the task is near at hand.. you must be strong.. for the burden of this task will fall to you.” The last would normally be disheartening but the serenity of the vision and the comforting tone of the words seemed to lift up her spirits giving her hope. “I have sent you a ‘tool’ that will aid you….. he will seem strange and possibly ominous and don’t expect a great conversationalist.. but he will aid you in the end… keep heart and you will not fail.”

The voice faded away with the last words and slowly Siliwen opened her eyes as the vision faded from her mind leaving her wondering if it had all been a dream. As her eyes focused she saw an unexpected sight; standing at her feet was a dark shape and though she couldn’t quite see it clearly in the darkness surrounding the camp it had strange edges and didn’t appear to be human; certainly not one of the party.

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Couple hours till sunrise

(Yay! Post #500 )


Posted on 2008-04-25 at 23:42:44.
Edited on 2008-04-25 at 23:44:45 by YeOlde

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Skipping to the point

through the woods. The water seems ok, but it is has a slightly stagnant taste as if it had sat still for too long, despite its constant flow towards the South. They hear no wildlife here, the woods are quiet and the air here seems still and stale smelling. It is as if the proximity of this place to the Grey Mountains is somehow tainting it slowly over time.

Watches are again set and people begin to turn in to bed, but the strange silence seems to nag at each of them making it hard to fall asleep at first. Once asleep they sleep peacefully, no nightmares and the night passes slowly.

It is early morning and Riddle is still on watch, the sun has not yet started to brighten the sky to the West above the large ridge which he can see that separates the upper land from the lower land where they are now camped. The cliff face is several hundred feet high and the mountains seem to jut out of the ground directly in the path of the cliff as if barring its way. He can only imagine the great upheaval that would have caused such a rift in the ground to occur. If the rumors they had heard were true, this was where a great battle between the gods happened and that is why the stone they are looking for was lost somewhere beneath the mountains.

As Riddle stood watch, keenly listening for any sounds and watching through the trees to towards the West, Siliwen stirred slightly.



Riddle noticing the stiring moves calmly to siliwns side intending to genly wake her up, and sooth her, from what he can only assume to be another nightmare as soon as he whispers her name her eyes open and stare beyond him at something.....

(i will leave it there since i dont really know the nature of this creature)



Posted on 2008-04-27 at 07:26:26.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen A Voice in the Night and Something More

Their trip was long and hard into unknowen territories. THey had only the start to guide them and thankfully they did for otherwise Siliwen believed they could have easily lost hthere way several times. They traveled swiftly making cold camps at night and sharing rations for their meals.

Siliwen feels Riddle hand on her shoulder but her eyes see that which she was told to expect. THe shape of the shadow "was indistinct. and she could make out no true form.

It ws Alacran's voice she heard, she was sure of it, but she had also her Joriel's form and voice days earlier and was sure it was him as well. Thankfully she had rested well each night she since putting on the amulet. Good sleep had helped her make it though the long days of riding.

Siliwen's mind was not yet convinced of the truth of what it was that was nothing more than a shadow to her perception but she would try to trust what she heard. Siliwen rises upp next to Riddle. Leaning close to Riddle taking strength form his presence and standing close to his left side but leaving his right side free if what was is the shadow proved hostile. She whispers softly "Alacran says he sent someone to help us. This may be him."

Siliwen she raise her voice to speak to the shadowy form in the darks woods even with h er infravision. "If you are he who comes from Alacran to join us, please make yourself known to us. You are welcome here in his name."





Posted on 2008-04-27 at 23:24:15.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea spent some time in deep thought after leaving Alacran. She questioned herself and berated herself for not sensing that the old woman was Evil. What sort of cleric was she that Evil could trick her so easily? Cold quiet camps at night at the end of each day’s ride gave her too much time to dwell on her failures and she had no solution for the problem.. Each night she spent time in prayer to Corellon, asking the same questions. She feared that she was unequal to the task they had been sent on. She was not the fighter that Billy, Thordinsl or Riddle were, and she had already proved to herself that she lacked as a cleric.

After a lengthy time in prayer and reflection and then preparing her spells for the day, Alea would fall into an exhausted sleep, waking only for her turn to stand watch.

This night she slept as Alacran's portended companion arrived.


Posted on 2008-04-28 at 01:13:41.
Edited on 2008-04-28 at 04:31:39 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


what is it?

Billy heard something and woke to find a strange creature standing in the camp. Immediately he drew stood and gathered his sword; but he waited as the creature showed no signs of aggression. Could it be the one sent to aid them? After all that had happened so far he half expected that their helper would be 'interesting'.


Posted on 2008-04-28 at 03:39:50.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


(A short update).. the new arrival...

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Couple hours till sunrise

Riddle is surprised to see a shadowy figure standing only a couple feet from Siliwen’s bed as she wakes up and rises to stand close to him.

She whispers softly "Alacran says he sent someone to help us. This may be him."

Siliwen raises her voice to speak to the shadowy form in the darks woods even with her infravision. "If you are he who comes from Alacran to join us, please make yourself known to us. You are welcome here in his name."

The sound of her voice awakens Billy and Thor and while they rise up and place their hands on their weapons they hear Siliwen’s words and stand fast ready to defend if this shadowy form means to cause trouble.

The form seems indistinct, even to the night vision of those non-human kind, until the form takes a single step towards Siliwen and suddenly it is as if the figure stepped out of a dark fog and its details spring into view.

The form looks very similar to what they have seen twice before, a Shelnak, only its features are softened and they could sense no malice or evil from it. It stands only 5 feet tall with ashen stone colored skin, it’s body was completely naked and hairless and apparently sexless as it had no sign of sexual organs. Its body was well formed with sculpted muscles which gave the impression that it was far stronger than its small size would indicate. Its face was alien looking with only two slits for a nose and a v-shaped lipless mouth; its eyes were a deep indigo color looking almost black in the dim light.

The only thing out of place seemed to be a small amulet around its neck, a small gold dragonette set with many small gems; the mate to the one Siliwen wore. The creature stood there its dark eyes unfocused yet looking directly at Siliwen much like a trained dog waiting on its master’s command. It says nothing and doesn’t move or respond to Siliwen’s query about whether it was sent by Alacran.

(Post at will here, I will make any necessary responses to posts as they occur.)


Posted on 2008-05-01 at 23:39:01.
Edited on 2008-05-01 at 23:40:10 by YeOlde

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A strange visitor

The traveling over the last five days has gone quite well it seems that the amulet given to Siliwen has kept the Shelnak from hunting us down and the days pass by rather quickly as we make our way to the grey mountains.

Then on the sixth night we are all awakened by the arrival of a stranger in our camp.As Thor awakes and grabs his weapon he hears Siliwen speak to the figure that has appeared.Although it doesn't answer her it appears that this alien looking creature may be the one Alacran had told us he would be sending only because it is wearing the same kind of amulet around it's neck that Siliwen is wearing.

Not wanting to act rashly but also not wanting to let his guard down and be taken by surprise Thor gets up and with his weapons in hand first makes a quick sweep of the perimater of their camp and if all seems clear he will move over by Siliwen and speak with her.
So what do you think even though it did not answer your question it looks like it's waiting for some kind of command, do you remember what exactly it was Alacran said this help would do for us?
With that he waits with his weapons out untill someone can either answer his question or this creature makes knowen why it is here.



Posted on 2008-05-03 at 12:00:14.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


What?

"Who are you and what do you want?" Billy addressed the 'visitor' in a tone that showed no hostility but did convey urgency. He waited for an answer, his sword drawn but held in a manner that conveyed restraint.


Posted on 2008-05-04 at 14:46:59.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


HMM

Riddle quickly startled upon seein this creature his hands quickly when to the scimitars resting on his belt, he felt no need to draw them right away seein as his friends were already armed. He quickly palace himself in between siliwen and the creature. As siliwen bade it to walk out into the light it obliged but still never said a word. This set Riddle to thinking, perhaps this is the helper Alacran was talking about.


Posted on 2008-05-05 at 01:41:58.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


SIliwen

Siliwen school her features to show no surprise, as she study the creature that stepped out of the darkness. Truly this creatures form was as alien to her as she had ever meet. They must be able to use that shadow trick to conceal themselves. "That is handy," she thinks to herself. Siliwen notices the amulet similar to hers right away. It seems he was being protected from being located as she was. Well that was fine by her.

"Well, all of you, it seems like we are now up so let us not waste this time. How about we breakfast early and set out as soon as we are done. The sooner we get to those hills the better."



Posted on 2008-05-07 at 17:13:07.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The journey continues....

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Sunrise


As everyone, except Alea who is still sleeping through all the commotion, stands around the strange creature the night air seems unnaturally still. The creature itself doesn’t move and doesn’t say anything to any of the queries directed at it.

Riddle walks around the perimeter of the camp looking in all directions and sees nothing out of the ordinary in any direction. He does notice the absence of any of the night creatures they had earlier that night; it is as if all around them everyone else had fled the area. He doesn’t know if it is due to the arrival of their new companion or some other menace in the night.

As Thor, Billy and Riddle stand ready with their weapons in case of any attack, the creature remains still and it’s eyes appeared unfocused on any of them.

None of Siliwen’s or anyone else’s questions or reactions seem to faze the creature; it is as if it had switched itself off after stepping close to Siliwen.

Well, all of you, it seems like we are now up so let us not waste this time. How about we breakfast early and set out as soon as we are done. The sooner we get to those hills the better."
Alea is awakened and sees the strange creature there and is soon told of it’s strange and sudden arrival and how Siliwen had a dream with Alacran telling them they would soon receive some help in the form of a strange companion which they believe is this creature.

As the party eats a cold breakfast the creature doesn’t move even as Siliwen moves about the camp. As the morning sun begins to brighten the western sky, they all pack up and mounting their horses, after Siliwen checks her ring which still points towards the northern base of the Grey Mountains, they begin to ride off across the open plain once more.

As soon as they leave the group of trees they are surprised to see the dark skinned creature running effortlessly alongside their mounts, it’s footfalls making almost no sound as it runs as inhuman speed and endurance. After a while they can tell that apparently it doesn’t slow or even breath hard at the exertion it just runs following them closely. Riddle, and the elves, notice that the creature doesn’t even leave a trail through the knee high grass as it passes.

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Mid morning

A couple hours after the start towards the mountain they are riding across and open grass area when over the next rise ahead of them suddenly ride a group of a dozen riders. The riders stop immediately when they spot the group, which has no place to hide out here in the open, and the party can see they care confronted by a band of a dozen humanoid riders on horses. The riders didn’t seem to know the party was there but seemed surprised by the meeting so it doesn’t appear they were expecting them to be here.

After a few seconds the riders begin riding straight at the party at a brisk trot. Being close to the riders without an significant cover in sight, the party has little choice but the either wait where they are or continue to ride; they chose to continue to ride until they grow closer to the riders and then pull up within hailing distance.

The riders spread out as they approach and the party can see this isn’t going to be a good encounter. As the riders come to a stop a short distance away (about 100’) they can be clearly seen. They all appear to be human but all appear warped or disfigured in some strange fashion. They all appear wild, almost animalistic in appearance with mismatched pieces of armor and weapons. One of the riders towards the middle of the line walks his horse a step or two out from the others.

“What do you here?” he speaks in broken common sounding as if each word causes him pain to speak them, “This area is forbidden to lowlanders.” He is studying the group and before anyone in the group answers him they see his eyes widen in surprise.

“Kratus,” He yells pointing a gnarled hand at the party’s new strange companion who stands motionless once more near the back of the group. At the leader’s word all the riders draw weapons and spur their horses into action charging at the party yelling and screaming strange unrecognizable battle cries

The suddenness change in attitude of the riders takes the party by surprise and they barely have time to draw weapons before the riders are upon them.

(Initiative: Riders, Thor, Riddle, Alea, Billy, Siliwen)

The riders charge in at them swinging a vast assortment of bladed weapons:

Thor is attacked by two separate riders, who in their frenzied attack, both miss widely.

Riddle faces two large brutes, the first one scoring a minor wound across one of his thighs and the other one misses.

Alea manages to maneuver her mount and dodge the attacks of her two attackers.

Billy’s opponents (One the leader) both score minor hits on him, one on his lower leg and the other one on his upper left arm.

Siliwen tries to move her mount out of the path of her two attackers but her horse hesitates and suddenly she is left wide open to the attacks of her two adversaries. But just as she sees them bearing down on her at a full gallop, blades swinging, she suddenly watches as their horses seem to collapse under them and they crash to the ground hard just short of her. Looking she sees their new dark companion standing in the way of her attackers charge with a foreleg of each of the rider’s horses in each arm. The horses are screaming as they fall to the ground when the creature let go of their now broken legs. It looks to her as if the creature jumped in the way of the horses and grabbed the charging horses legs and brought them to an instant halt causing their forelegs to snap like kindling thus throwing the riders to the ground in lay in a heap.

The creature seems to be alert now, it’s head turning as if accessing any threats as it stands between Siliwen and any of the attacking riders.

(Ok, initiative as above. You can post in any order just be mindful that I will put those actions into the order of the initiative. If you have any questions please post them in the Q&A. Thanks!)


Posted on 2008-05-10 at 03:13:28.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.