The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


Another friendly group.........NOT!

Billy was less than thrilled that the strange visitor spoke not a word to the group. He was even less happy when it chose to follow them as they broke camp. However the most disconcerting thing was that the group apeared to be OK with it. As he rode, Billy kept one eye ahead for danger and one eye on the stranger.

After several hours of riding a group of riders appeared on the horizon; humanoid as best they could tell. As teh two group approached each other the leader of the riders called out asking what they were doing in this region. before any could answer; he spooted the stranger and that pushed him over the edge. Moments later war crys rent the air and the riders charged. Apparently they were done talking.

Billy found himself attacked by two of the riders; one of whom was teh leader. Taken by surprise, Billy reacted a bit slow and a thin ribbon of blood appeared on his arm and leg. Ignoring the underling for the moment, Billy attacked the leader. As he did he called out, "I have no quarrel with you and do not wish to see you die this day. However if you do not call off your attack you will all surely die." He didn't expect his words to have any effect but at worst it might give the other man pause and slow his next attack.

'Seems our new companion is not a popular fellow. What his it and why did it so enrage these riders?' Billy wondered to himself. He would certainly be keeping a close eye on it in the future.


Posted on 2008-05-10 at 14:38:12.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea, after introductions took time for prayer, (Same Spells) and then prepared her horse for travel before taking time to eat.

She rides with the group, keeping and one on the strange creature. As they see and are then confronted by a group of riders she puts her hand to her holy symbol.

"Corellon's Blessing on us," her lyrical voice calls her God as the attack starts her. Then she reaches for her sword as she moves to protect Siliwen.


Posted on 2008-05-10 at 19:17:16.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen had prepare a spell even as they riders first apporached. She held it ready even as they rode into sight. As the very land they moved through had been tainted so were these men. Disfigured not by war or fire or injure but in ways of dark magic. Twisted vissages and nore than that so was their speech. Something crude and ill formed very rudimentary guttural but understandable. THey were not friendly, but perhaps they could get past with nothing but the harsh exchange of words.

That was until they caught sight of their new silent member of their party. ONe look at him they charged yelling with bestial growls that she could not understand.

Siliwen got ready to cast Color Spray at the riders charging directly at her only she never got a chance The Shelnak stwp forward directly into their path.

Siliwen was sure he would be trample under foot byy the charging riders. he moved suddenly gabbing at the horses legs and quickly as he did the horse stumbled and fell throwing their riders heavily to the ground. She was so surprised by the outcome she did not cast a thing.

In a moment her surprise had passes and she turns to find any others opponents that she could use her color spray on without affecting her comrades. though mostly their backs were towards her as they fought against their attackers too Taking aim on on one of the riders in case they get up.


Posted on 2008-05-12 at 21:43:25.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


After casting a blessing Alea takes out her spear and sest it against a charging rider. Her heart in pounding as she held firm against an oncoming atacker.

One thing she knew was that they were going to have to kill them all and let none of the enemy escape.


Posted on 2008-05-12 at 23:38:36.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A New Crisis

So it seems that the strange creature has in some way become a part of their group whether they wanted it to or not. Thor was not totally comfortable with the strange being running along side of them but for now there seemed nothing he could do. The party breaks camp and heads out following the directions given to them by the ring which should be leading them to their destination.

After riding for awhile the party finds themselves riding across an open field no longer able to hide themselves in among the trees. Once they are out in the open Thor being an avid rider and being quite comfortable with his mount Lighting will at once start to ride with his one weapon out and in hand. That would be his war ax. He can ride easily with his weapon in hand. For he has trained to do so for as long as he has been training.(ooc: only if our DM allows this but I don't think it that far out that a warrior would learn to ride with one weapon or even two out . Let me know Thanxs.)

Bic:As the group rides through the open land they come to the top of one of the many dips and rises in the land to see in the distance a group of about a dozen riders. Since there is no place to hide the party continues to ride in the direction that they where watching to see what the other group does. As the two parties approach within hailing distance Their group pulls up, the other group starts to spread out as the approach which to Thor is not a good sign of a friendly encounter. The group stops about 100 yards at which point they can get at look at them. They appear to be human or at least semi-human They all appear wild, warped or disfigured in some strange fashion. Then one of them walks his horse a step or two out from the others. And attempts to speak to them in broken common.
“What do you here?” “This area is forbidden to lowlanders.” but before anyone in the group could even start to answer him his eyes widen in surprise and he starts pointing towards the back of their group yelling out one word.
KRATUS

With that word the rest of the riders at once pull weapons and charge yelling and screaming strange unrecognizable battle cries

BIC:With two of the riders bearing down on him Thor takes defensive action spurring his horse and getting out of the way and both of his attackers miss wide. With them now pass him he swings into action. Being very adept at riding and fighting having good riding skills and having ridden and fought with his war horse Lighting for quite some time they knew each other rather well. As soon as the two attackers thunder past him he swings Lighting around so he is facing the two riders backs that just passed him then he quickly switches his war ax to his left hand and picking out the rider who is still closest to him and hopefully riding mainly straight away he pulls and hurls his throwing ax at the riders back and the horses rear hoping to either strike the rider true in the back or at least damage his horse with an ax in the A$$.

After hurling his throwing ax Thor prepares himself for a tough fight from the saddle of his horse. Making sure his feet where snug in their respective stir-ups and he had a good grip with his legs and knees he places the end of his bit and bridal rope between his teeth and then pulls his morning star so now with his war ax in his right hand and the morning star in his left he takes to charging after the two who had attacked him


Posted on 2008-05-13 at 12:48:53.
Edited on 2008-05-13 at 12:51:07 by Dragonmist

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Battle - End of Rd 1

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Mid morning

(I will be doing initiative a little different from now on; I will roll each encounter separately for the attackers and the party, that way I can post each encounter separately. I think it will work out better for everyone, maybe.. we will see. This will require each person to post their intended action and attacks and then I will resolve each one below. That way there will be no knowledge of who goes before whom in order, which can be interesting sometimes. So next round post your intentions and I will take care of the order of attacks.)

As soon as the two attackers thunder past him Thor swings Lighting around so he is facing the two riders backs that just passed him then he quickly switches his war ax to his left hand and picking out the rider who is still closest to him and hopefully riding mainly straight away he pulls and hurls his throwing ax at the riders back and the horses rear hoping to either strike the rider true in the back or at least damage his horse with an ax in the rear.

After hurling his throwing ax Thor prepares himself for a tough fight from the saddle of his horse. Making sure his feet where snug in their respective stir-ups and he had a good grip with his legs and knees he places the end of his bit and bridal rope between his teeth and then pulls his morning star so now with his war ax in his right hand and the morning star in his left he takes to charging after the two who had attacked him.

(OOC: I see no problem with Thor carrying his axe while riding)
Thor’s axe speeds through the air and catches the one rider squarely in the center of his back, knocking the rider from his saddle to crash to the dirt. The other rider whirls his horse around, sees his comrade down on the ground withering with a throwing axe buried deep between his shoulder blades, curses and then charges back towards Thor as the dwarf charges towards him.

(OOC: No post from Riddle, so standard action for him)
Riddle drew both scimitars as the riders charged; he snarled like a wild animal as the sword of one of the attackers slices across the upper thigh of his left leg as he passes. Whirling his horse behind the attacker who was pulling up even as he passed him, Riddle stood up in his saddle and then quickly leaped off of his stationary mount and crashed into the man taking him out of the saddle and to the ground. Riddle rolls off of his stunned opponent who acted as a cushion to his fall and came up with his swords ready to strike at the opponent still lying on the ground.

The group feels a warm sensation pass through them as the ‘Blessings’ of Corellon envelop them. Alea draws out her spear as the two attackers speed past her out of reach; she set the spear against the stirrup of her horse and managed to catch one of the charging riders in the side. The impact almost ripped the spear from her hands as it unhorsed the attacker and sent him to the ground. Her other attacker sped past and was even now slowing his horse to turn it to take another run at her.

Billy found himself attacked by two of the riders; one of whom was the leader. Taken by surprise, Billy reacted a bit slow and a thin ribbon of blood appeared on his arm and leg. Ignoring the underling for the moment, Billy attacked the leader. As he did he called out, "I have no quarrel with you and do not wish to see you die this day. However if you do not call off your attack you will all surely die."
The Leader whirled his horse close to Billy as the second rider passed by on Billy’s other side, Billy turned his horse and his attention to the Leader and struck out with his large sword. The blade rang off of the man’s shield but still the strength of the blow seemed to stagger the man slightly. The Leader seemed to be the largest of the attackers, maybe they decided their leaders in the simple fashion of the strongest.

“You wrong, Lowlander,” The Leader said making his term for Billy sound like a curse, “you ones master seeks! Give us girl and the rest of you may live.”

Siliwen had a spell ready but the swift intervention of their dark companion made her withhold her color spray. The two attackers aimed at her went down hard as the legs of their horses were snapped like dry kindling; the cries of injured horses filled the air around her.

The two attackers lay stunned on the ground where they had hit hard, they moved though only barely as they struggled to retain consciousness. She looked about for other targets for her spell, but everyone seemed engaged at the moment and with friend and foe now locked in battles, whirling their mounts this way and that, she didn’t think it wise to throw an area effect spell that might do more harm than good.

Their Dark Friend only stood there where he had met the charge of the horses, once again as immobile and impassive as before.

(OOC: Ok.. like I said above.. it is 'blind' initiative now… post as you will and I will roll the order of attacks as I resolve them. Next Update Next Thursday .)



Posted on 2008-05-16 at 15:27:46.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


interesting offer

Billy felt the shock thru his arms and into his shoulders as his sword made contact with the leader's shield. The leader called out that it was Billy and his copanions who would die unless they surrendered their companion. Almost laughing Billy called back, "No my friend, we shall not fall this day. Perhaps you didn't notice your ranks have been thinned already and it was only a lucky block that kept you from joining your now dead companions. Why even if we gave you the girl she would probably prove too much for the likes of you and kill you in your sleep." Billy did his best to gode the leader into a rage for once a fighter lost his comcentration and let his emotions control his actions he was doomed.

Once more Billy manuevered his mount in an attempt to avoid receiving any major blows while looking for an opening of his own. Seeing that his last blow staggered his opponent a bit he focused his efforts on catching the leader off balance if possible in an attempt to unhorse him.


Posted on 2008-05-17 at 01:39:17.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea blessses the day she bought her war horse for how the stallion proved his training. A shift of weight and turn of body and the stallion moved to where she wanted ans she reset her spear to go after the rider that had escaped her when his companion had fallem.

The cleric of Corellon rose to the challenge before her smiting evil as quickly as her skill allowed.


Posted on 2008-05-17 at 16:24:16.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen prepares to cast Magic Missles. In the ensuing melee with everyone going every which way the effect of Color Spray just might affect her own party as well as the enemy they face.

The foes' broken speech was broken and guttural, but clearly understandable. They wanted her and expected the her companions to give her up to them to save their own lives. They didn't know he companions as she had grown to know them. They would not give her up, and neither would she in their places. She would fight equally hard of anyone of them was threatened in the same way.

That was the way it was, her plan now was to keep her friends form being doubled up on. Her targets were any foe that teamed up with another to attack one of her friends. She could keep picking them off as best as she could to help her friends. If either of those two riders that the Shelnak just took down try to get up and attack she targets one of them if not the second person on her nearest companion


Posted on 2008-05-19 at 04:06:55.
Edited on 2008-05-19 at 06:17:05 by Brianna

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Nice move thanks

As soon as Riddle landed he took quick iniciative one of his scims had flown out of his hands in the fall but he still held his other he quickly drew his dagger and finished off this opponent with a slice to the throat. not missing a beat he grabed at his lost scimtar and rushed to set himself in a defensible possition in front of siliwen, as he did this he wondered what had happended to her spell.


Posted on 2008-05-19 at 22:36:44.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


All's Fair in battle.

After hurling his ax Thor is quite happy to see it plant itself firmly between his one attackers shoulder blades and the rider finds himself on the ground face in the dirt probally dying. Since he was lucky enough to take one of his attackers down he makes up his mind to not try the risk of fighting with both weapons from horse back as he had at first planned.

So with his war ax back in his right hand and the reins in his left he guides his horse back towards the second rider who had come after him. Then in what he hoped would be a surprise attack as the two riders approach when Thor is close enough to the others horse, but the two are not close enough to swing at each other Thor pulls a low blow and instead of waiting to attack the rider he takes his war ax and takes a mighty swing at the riders horses head and neck in an attempt to take him down by bringing down his horse.

he got the idea when he saw their new companion with two of the attackers horses legs in it's hands.



Posted on 2008-05-22 at 13:16:55.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Combat.. End of Rd 2

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Mid morning

Siliwen prepares to cast Magic Missles. Her targets were any foe that teamed up with another to attack one of her friends.
She spots one of the riders whirling it’s horse to turn and charge at Alea, he seemed the best possible target so she let go with a dart of light from her fingertips. The dart struck the man in the side staggering him in his saddle but he retained his seat and continued to turn towards Alea but he seemed to be having trouble orienting on her.

Almost laughing Billy called back, "No my friend, we shall not fall this day. Perhaps you didn't notice your ranks have been thinned already and it was only a lucky block that kept you from joining your now dead companions. Why even if we gave you the girl she would probably prove too much for the likes of you and kill you in your sleep."

Once more Billy maneuvered his mount in an attempt to avoid receiving any major blows while looking for an opening of his own. Seeing that his last blow staggered his opponent a bit he focused his efforts on catching the leader off balance if possible in an attempt to unhorse him.

The Leader snarled at Billy and came at him again, Billy swung his great sword but his aim was a little too high allowing the Leader to duck a swing that would have taken his head off. The leader struck under Billy’s swing scoring a deep wound on Billy’s side as the leader’s horse carried him past him again. (Moderate Damage - Billy is starting to feel the injuries)

Alea blessses the day she bought her war horse for how the stallion proved his training. A shift of weight and turn of body and the stallion moved to where she wanted ans she reset her spear to go after the rider that had escaped her when his companion had fallen.
Alea’s war horse charged after her target, responding with such great speed that it felt as if he would leap out from under her. The charge was so fast that she caught up to the man in mid turn just after he was struck by a ’dart of light’ which staggered him. Her spear caught him in the side under his arm and she could feel the blade bite into him where his armor was weakest. The blow knocked the man from his horse and she could tell as he fell off of her spear that he was dead before he hit the ground.

As soon as Riddle landed he took quick initiative one of his scims had flown out of his hands in the fall but he still held his other he quickly drew his dagger and finished off this opponent with a slice to the throat. not missing a beat he grabbed at his lost scimitar and rushed to set himself in a defensible position in front of siliwen, as he did this he wondered what had happened to her spell.

The stunned man, still laying on the ground, took a wide swing at Riddle as he moved in for the kill, but Riddle easily dodged it and opened up the man’s throat before slipping away. The man dropped his weapon and grasped both hands to his gapping throat in a vain attempt to stop his inevitable death.

So with his war ax back in his right hand and the reins in his left he guides his horse back towards the second rider who had come after him. Then in what he hoped would be a surprise attack as the two riders approach when Thor is close enough to the others horse, but the two are not close enough to swing at each other Thor pulls a low blow and instead of waiting to attack the rider he takes his war ax and takes a mighty swing at the riders horses head and neck in an attempt to take him down by bringing down his horse.
Thor swung mightily as the rider charged him and his ax blade sunk deeply into the neck of the man’s horse. With a great scream the mount went down taking his rider with him. Somehow the man’s sword which was already swinging for the dwarf managed to catch Thor in the right shoulder causing a minor wound which was more inconvenient than deadly. The attacker fell to the ground in a heap still tangled in his horse’s stirrups to lie trapped as the trashing horse bleed out it’s life upon the ground.

As Thor whirls to see the man and his horse go down he felt a hard strike hit him in the back and the sudden unexpected blow knocked him off of his mount and sent him to the ground. Rolling over and somehow retaining his grip on his axe he saw that he was attacked from behind by one of the men who originally had gone after Billy, who was now in solo combat with the apparent leader of these men.

Riddle moves to get to a position where he can protect Siliwen when he spots one of the riders who had passed him when he leaped off his mount, headed his way. The rider swings his spiked flail and catches Riddle squarely in the side knocking the Ranger down with the force of the blow and the speed of his charging horse.

Siliwen smiles watching Alea take out the man she had hit with her magic missile. Apparently her shot had injured and distracted the man long enough for her friend to land a deadly blow. She is surprised when an arrow speeds by her head causing her to blink in surprise. Looking up she spots the last two riders (there were a dozen in all) who had stopped near the edge of the battle and aiming short bows into the crowd. The one aiming at her notched another arrow and let loose so quickly that she didn’t have time to react. This arrow was dead on and struck her in the lower left side just above the saddle. The wound was a deep one and she barely managed to maintain her seat

The other archer held an arrow notched trying to spot a convenient target and finally decided on the largest of the group, Billy. The arrow struck a glancing blow off of Billy’s armor, causing a ringing in Billy’s ears but no other damage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summary:

Billy mounted engaged with Leader, one archer attacker - (Moderate wounds)

Thor on ground with one mounted attacker and one slightly stunned attacker on ground nearby (Light wounds)

Alea mounted no attackers

Siliwen mounted, one archer attacker (Moderate wound)

Riddle on ground, one mounted attacker.

Other Riders (non attackers) status: Two dead, three stunned and wounded, one dying with axe in back

(Next Update, Next Thursday)


Posted on 2008-05-23 at 00:47:37.
Edited on 2008-05-23 at 00:49:47 by YeOlde

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


ok

Riddle stunned by the blow quickly rolled out of the way of the charging horse knowing he had to protect siliwen. As riddle stood up he shouted " We need to form up. Alea get close to the fighters for healing. Silliwen get in the middle and lets take care of these archers." with that he began to move twoard silliwen again trying to form some sort of battle formation, this seemed a little to chaotic as he moved he whistled for his horse hoping she would hear him above all the noise.

(if the man charges riddle again he will drop to one knee and focus on the horses legs using his scims take out one or both of the front hopefully dismounting the ridder.)


Posted on 2008-05-23 at 01:44:14.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea gives her stallion a pat as she falls back towards Siliwen setting herself to block incoming riders or any attackers on foot. prepares to cast healing on Siliwen first since she seems to be their primary target. IF they lose her the quest is done from what Alacran told them that they had lost the person to whom was given the ability to destroy the object. Alea did not want that same thing to happen to them as well. After healing Siliwen she sets her spear.


Posted on 2008-05-23 at 03:11:10.
Edited on 2008-05-23 at 05:44:41 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


No honor

Billy grimaced as he felt the blow from his foe. So far it seemed the other man was having better luck in this fight. All around him, Billy's friends were scoring hits but he had contacted only air. As he tried to shake off the pain from the sword blow, an arrow glanced off his armor. "So you have no honor, afraid you cannot finish me on your own and would have your cowardly archer do your work for you huh?" Billy hoped against hope that the man did indeed have some honor and would call off the archer, but he didn't count on it.

Billy once more took aim at his foe. As the man had managed so far to elude him, this time Billy aimed for the man's hips for they had littel chance of moving to avoid the blow. Billy knew that if he did not even the score soon he would be hard pressed to survuve this fight.


Posted on 2008-05-24 at 03:35:17.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.