The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3982 registered users. Our newest member is maycuaxichvinafarm.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


New day dawning...

Location: Unknown
Date/Time: Unknown/Several hours till dawn

As the fire crackled in the night it would cast his light upon the backs of the right hands of all those who showed them to the others and it would reveal the mark that they were told they would there. A small circle with four arrows pointing from it’s center in all four directions. Those that put their hands together to show them noticed something else. When the symbols were close, within a foot of each other, they glowed slightly. The more of them they brought together the brighter they all glowed, yet there was no feeling of warmth from them only a soft light.

When everyone starts talking of sleeping and standing watches they all begin to realize that none of them feel like sleeping. Maybe it is the excitement of the unknown, or maybe they just aren’t tired and can’t sleep.

The night is quiet and other than some crickets you hear nothing but the wind and the waves in the distance. As Alea walked around the camp she found it sat atop a slight rise and gave a good view in most directions. The large body of water, a sea perhaps, stretched away to one side and grasslands in all others. The picket lines for the horses was well set, much as if they had set them up personally.

Setting up her ‘marks’ to follow the stars Alea waits for several minutes studying the movement. The strange star patterns and the two shining unfamiliar moons tell her that they are not on her world anymore. Soon she is able to determine the movement of the stars and if they are in the Northern Hemisphere of the planet then North would be in the direction of the sea. She wont be able to tell for sure until sunrise.

((OOC: If you want to backpost further conversation here then please do so, nothing happens during the rest of the night))
______

Location: Unknown
Date/Time: Unknown/Dawn

It was a cool night but not too uncomfortable. About an hour later the sky starts to lighten to your left if you are facing the Sea. As the new day Dawns they can see more of the surrounding lands from the rise upon which their camp has been set. They see it is a most advantageous location for a camp, resting on the highest spot in the grassland they can see any approach to this camp.

They see only the Sea stretching off beyond sight in what could be the South, if the direction of the sun rise is considered East. To the East and West you see only grass and a few corpses of trees dotted here and there, but to the 'North' the keen eyed Ranger soon spots a faint trail like wagon ruts which head off slightly West of North.

As the sun rises the day begins to warm and it feels like it will be very hot before the sun reaches it's zenith.


Posted on 2007-11-22 at 03:39:57.
Edited on 2007-11-22 at 16:12:44 by YeOlde

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Back post

Siliwen responds to Riddles questions. "Scars I have no scars only wounds. I have never been in afight before yesterday. My mentor waand I were attacked by bandits. There were too many of them for the two of us. After I had exhausted my spells and ws wounded he turned me invisable and sent me off to protect me. WHen I got back he had been killed." WIliwen truens her back to the campfire. Here on my back near the niddle of my scapula she tries to point to her wound. Can you see it now?"(Note, only scars no wounds are visible.)

I do not know why my profession has anything to do with this, though I have no problem with telling you. My mentor was A Wozard young but powerful. I have been practicing magic under him for years. HE was my teacher and mentor. I am nowhere near his level but neither an I a rank beginner." This later bit was said with some pride, but that quickly melted as sssSiliwen remember that it was her actions that had precipatated the attack. For that she would never forgibe her self."

When Siliwen finds out her wounds have healed which she confirms by unbandaging the rest of them. she puts on a clean tunic and sits by the campfire to clean and repair her tunic. a few cantrips later and the tunic was like new again and she packed in away in her haversack.

Siliwen thoughts about this whole matter leave her wondering about the nature of thw one who had caused all this. Outloud she observes, "Add one more positive action by our unknown benefactor, but there is also one big black mark against him. He never asked us if we wanted to do this." and frankly Siliwen was not teribly interested is doing anything more than going home. She had quite decided that this woooooooooorld outside her elven woods was not a place to be. However what they did know of this place even for the short time whey had been there was that she ws so far from home that distance had not real meaning. SHe had known of the possibility of other worlds. THere were always learned sages that discussed the possiblitie but she was quite sure she ws on one of the possible places right now.

Current. Siliwen catches the first hint of false dawn as she studies using ca simple candle lantern for light.

Orienting herselt to the rising sun she makes a mark stick a twig up straight and when it casts a shadow on the ground she marks it by a groove in the firt. To her mind that was the Esat and 90 degrees to that mark was approximately North, depending on the season of year. So many unknowns. With the rise of the sun she puts a few more logs on the fire so the others could cook whatever they had for breakfast.

Siliwen finishing her studies adn then goes ti check on the horses. They were going to have to find water fo them. Walking about 30 feet out from the fire she checks the area surrounding their camp and any view she can get of the surrounding terrain. In the plain of grass they had seen a bit of last night she looked for a line of trees, usually a sign of a water source.







Posted on 2007-11-22 at 06:09:40.
Edited on 2007-11-22 at 06:21:46 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2198 Posts


What do we do?

Billy looked around at the stars, trees and sea. It became apprent to him quickly that he was far from home. Others took time to do some serious study and came to the same conclusion. There was talk of a benefacor, what ever that was Billy wasn't exactly sure. "Does anyone have any idea why we are here or what we are supposed to do? It is a nice camp and all but I am feeling a bit confused as to what we should do next."

Seeing as there wasn't much else to do at the moment, Billy rummaged thru his pack to find hs wet stone. He then set to work honing the edge of his sword. "Dad always said if I take care of my sword it will take care of me."


Posted on 2007-11-22 at 14:44:05.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


New Day What Next !

Thor accepted the food that Billy offered, and continued to listen as the others talked.
They talked about keeping watch and getting some sleep but Thor knew he would not sleep this night.
After awhile they all came to the same conclusion.So Thor goes over to his horse to see if
all his gear was sent that he usually keeps with his horse, and yes it was there.He takes the
large skin that he has filled with his favorite Dwarven ale and returns to the fire.After opening
the skin and taking a long pull of the ale he will offer it around to his new friends. This here often helps me think when I need to and you can't beat the nice fuzzy feeling it can give you.
He will pass the ale to however ask for it.The rest of the night is spent in speculation by the
group about what has happened to them.According to one of the elven woman they where not even on
their own world anymore.This idea had never crossed Thor's mind but was acctually sort of intriguing.
From everyone of the party he had meet so far he felt most could handle what had so far happened
to them, however he was somewhat concerned about the Barbarian Billy who seemed to have a more
simplfied view of his world, but Thor deceided he would do what he could to help the big fellow.
So as the night progressed and they sat around and wondered outload about who or what had brought
them there he stayed with Billy offering him his ale and getting him to talk about his home. Say Billy I would not worry about the magic that brought us here.Why don't you tell me a little
about your home and maybe how you came to own that mighy sword you are sharping there.?
And so the night passed without any new ideas as to the why,what,how, or who about there situation.
Then finally the sun started to rise and the land around them started to come to life.
As they look about they realize that their camp had been most perfectly set for they could see any
approach from any direction.He could see a large body of water on one side and mostly hugh expansees
of grass lands streaching as far as they could see.The one who appeared to be a ranger said he could tell there was a
faint trail running off in one direction but bareley discernable.

With the arrival of daylight and still no ideas or answers it seemed forthcoming Restless as usual Thor speaks
out."Well my merry group we have sat through the night and now we have light.
We know no more now than when we first awoke on this new land.From what we can see there is nothing in any direction
except for a faint wagon trail.Now we could just wait here till we are contacted by who or what brought us here
or we can head out and start to make our own way.If we are to be contacted by who brought us here
I don't think us moving from here will prevent us from being located.I think we all agree there power is
very great.So I say we eat then gather togeather and pick a course of action.


Posted on 2007-11-22 at 16:30:49.
Edited on 2007-11-22 at 16:32:56 by Dragonmist

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"Would someone please feed the fire and I can help with the feeding of us."

Alea goes to her pack a gathers a cooking pot, tripod and a sack of supplies, inside are bacic staples including rolled oats. She uses water from her watershin and filled the pot.



Posted on 2007-11-22 at 17:09:43.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


The morning of

It was a cool night but not too uncomfortable. About an hour later the sky starts to lighten to your left if you are facing the Sea. As the new day Dawns they can see more of the surrounding lands from the rise upon which their camp has been set. They see it is a most advantageous location for a camp, resting on the highest spot in the grassland they can see any approach to this camp.

They see only the Sea stretching off beyond sight in what could be the South, if the direction of the sun rise is considered East. To the East and West you see only grass and a few corpses of trees dotted here and there

” There is a path to our north, its just a small trail but perhaps it leads some were,” Came riddles voice early from the edge of the camp, “Perhaps I should scout It, with some one. Anyone against that plan of action, and if no then who wants to come with.”



Posted on 2007-11-22 at 17:53:20.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2198 Posts


Feed the fire, aye.

Billy was just about to tell teh dwarf a bit about his home and his sword when he heard someone ask for 'food' for the fire. "I'll be right back." Billy said to the dwarf as he sheathed his sword. Moments later he was pulling a large dead branch off a nearyby tree and breaking it into smaller pieces by pinning it between two close growing trees and simply pushing on it to snap teh branch. He carried back 3 good sized logs and carfeully placed them on the fir. "There ya go. Should last several hours now."

He sat back down beside the dwarf and took a swig of the offered ale. "Hmmm, good stuff. Not at all like the stuff I am used to drinking; no chunks." As he once again drew his sword he spoke of his homeland. "It is a wonderful place with tall trees, open meadows and snow capped mountains. The great cattle beasts roam free and provide good meat. My family owns a farm and grows tasty vegetables. As for this sword, it is a gift from my father. For over 10 generations it has been in our family. Very well crafted it is and holds an edge well. Muscle and steel are honorable, not like magic. Magic is for the weak and I refuse to use anything tainted by it." Billy had finished checking his sword and put away his stone. "What about you good dwarf; what is your home like?"


Posted on 2007-11-22 at 18:35:52.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A Proper Welcome ..

Location: Unknown
Date/Time: Unknown/Shortly after Dawn

As most of the party discusses what to do next, Silawen and Riddle look upon the wagon trail heading through the grassland. Again the Ranger’s keen vision spots something in the distance to the ‘North’ a faint plume of dust moving in their direction. It is distant still but it does seem to be headed towards them. Silawen sees the dust shortly after the Ranger.

In minutes, any who watch the dust can see that it moves closer and it appears to be a rider or riders moving fast directly for them.

Several minutes later the riders can be seen as they start up the rise towards the camp and what they see is something they have never dreamt of before.

A group of four creatures ride up the hill and spread out into a line running West to East. These beasts have four legs much like the groups horses but the lower body and legs are twice the size of a heavy warhorse. In place of a horses head is a muscular humanoid torso bearing four arms and a head. Each of the arms carry a long blade, almost as long as Billy’s great sword, but with a jagged edge. The head is the strangest part of the creature, it is triangular is shape, almost like a blacksmith’s anvil, with large insectoid eyes and a gaping maw filled with gleaming teeth at the tip. The creatures entire bodies are a stone gray from hoof to the tip of their strange head. Their hooves hammer the ground and throw great clods of dirt in the air as they approach.

They stop about 50 yards from the party in a sudden swirl of dust and stand there looking at the group as the dust settles. One takes a step forward and glares at the group, a look of what appears to be a contemptuous sneer upon it’s lipless mouth. A strange echoing laugh erupts from it’s mouth. “These are the ones the Master fears?” it says in a deep baratone voice filled with disbelief, “Surely they are no threat to him they are so puny.”

The four creatures laugh and stamp around swinging their blades slightly as they appear to be readying themselves to attack the group.


Posted on 2007-11-23 at 00:17:37.
Edited on 2007-11-23 at 01:30:09 by YeOlde

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Back post--before creatures appear.

Siliwen stood quietly gazing over the unfamiliar terrain. OCeans she had seen bu tnever in her life such and expanse of grasslands. "So very few trees" she thought to herself. It was so strange to her. She looks around at the group as the sun rises higher in the sky, still wondering why she was chosen and also feeling not up to whatever it was this entity wanted of them.

She did not doubt they could learn to work with each other. She had noticed no signs of unreasonable behavior. Sure there was mistrust, and certainly uncertainty she thought, with a wry grin and the semantics of her thoughts.

She looked back at the faint trail in the sea of grass below then. A trail had a beginning and an end so it wouldn't really matter which wasy they took since at the end was somewhere. Without any other clue they would just have to choose a direction and stick with it.

There obviously no reason to stay in this place. Siliwen didn't think there would be any more "help" coming their direction. This was something they were going to have to work our for themselves. IF they couldn't then they would be unable to finish this unknown task they had been brought here for.

Siliwen walks back to the fire, most were congregated somewhere around it busy with various tasks.

"I have been thinking about a few things this morning. I don't believe we are going to get any more mysterious "help" than we all ready have received. Perhaps it is to test us to see if we can figure this out, learn to work together to our best advantage because without that accomplished we have been told we will fail. Perhaps other groups have been brought here before us perhaps they have failed—however, that is conjecture for now."

"This place is nowhere we were meant to stay, that I am sure of. We have only that faint trail that leads somewhere. What direction we go really make no difference right now. I believe we should take stock of our own skills, and supplies. Then we should ride out of here down into the grasslands and to that trail. Toss a coin, whatever we want to do to choose and direction and ride that way. A trail leads to somewhere and eventually we will get their. In the meantime we can work on becoming a team. Accomplishing this mech may be part of a test on whether we can achieve what this entity desires us to do.

Preparations.

Even and the cloud of dust moves towards them Siliwen moves slight to the side very unwilling to be confronted by any hostile opponents. As a protective measrue she perpares to cast Mage Armor on herself. as they ride closer and sees their unsvory appearance and hostile formation she cast the spell on herself. Even as One step forward. Next she perpares Color Spray and hold it as the riders move up the himm towards their encampment..

She holds this spell as she slowly steps to the side to try to put as many as she can into the area of the cone. Siliwen in to focued and what is happening before her and does not think how the retreat to the side maight appear to others as she does this. as Unsavory as they look It could still be a non hostile encounter, so she waits.

Actions

The one beast moves forward his words made it clear to her anhd mostlike everyone here, except Billy, that their intent was hostile. She Will hold her spell until they get witin fifteen feet of her Color Spray) Their words and display of bravado gives her a moment to get it perpare before they attack.


Posted on 2007-11-23 at 00:42:01.
Edited on 2007-11-26 at 03:32:08 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2198 Posts


Not friendly

Billy stood as the riders appeared. Perhaps they would be able to help make some sense of of the current situation. In a way they did; it seems that the group had an enemy of some sort and these were his minions. Shaking his head, Billy drew his sword and took stock of the four creatures. Certainly they were unlike anything he had seen before. As always he would attempt to challenge the most worthy foe. Having identified the strongest looking of the group he planted his feet and held his sword at the ready; above his head with the tip pointed slightly to ward the ground. From here he could attack or defend as required.

Suddenly he heard strange words from somewhere nearby and saw colored lights appear in front of the creatures. It seemed there was a mage amoung his new companions. He would have to keep an eye open to identify the mage and stay clear of him or her. For now his attention remained focused on the creatures. "Looks like they will not be joining us for breakfast" he said to no one in particular.


Posted on 2007-11-23 at 02:22:12.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Welcomeing Party?

After he spoke to the group about eating and then picking a course of action the one named Siliwen
Speaks her mind as to what we should do next."I have been thinking about a few things this morning. I don't believe we are going to get any more mysterious "help" than we all ready have received. Perhaps it is to test us to see if we can figure this out, learn to work together to our best advantage because without that accomplished we have been told we will fail. Perhaps other groups have been brought here before us perhaps they have failed—however, that is conjecture for now."

"This place is nowhere we were meant to stay, that I am sure of. We have only that faint trail that leads somewhere. What direction we go really make no difference right now. I believe we should take stock of our own skills, and supplies. Then we should ride out of here down into the grasslands and to that trail. Toss a coin, whatever we want to do to choose and direction and ride that way. A trail leads to somewhere and eventually we will get their. In the meantime we can work on becoming a team. Accomplishing this mech may be part of a test on whether we can achieve what this entity desires us to do.

When she is finished speaking Thor aggrees with her. Yes fair elf I to think we must move forward and must learn to work as one and you are correct when you say a trail must lead somewhere and if we follow we will arrive . As they are speaking the ranger points out that there is a dust trail moving up the trail and in our direction.Could this be the one who broubht them here or could this be a problem.Not wanting to be caught unprepared in any way Thor at once brings out both his weapons swinging his great war ax in his right hand and and in his left his morning star.As he watches four very strange creatures ride up and stop about 50 yards to their front just the look of them makes Thor feel they are not there as a welcomeing party.Seeing what type of creatures they may be facing he quickly changes his mind as to weapon choice and at once brings out his Urgrosh.Watching to see where the others place themselves and what their actions might be.The one elven lass looked like she was deep in concentration and Thor knows that often is what a mage will do before casting a spell.As she seems to be positioning herself to bring all in the group closer to her Thor hears the one beast speak out.“These are the ones the Master fears?” “Surely they are no threat to him they are so puny.”
It is now obvious they are not here under any pretense to be friendy they are here to attack and hurt us.
Thor moves forward to put himself in front of the elf who he believes is a mage for he knows from other battles they can be a great help but often times need to be protected from direct conflict up close.
He also notices that Billy has taken a defensive stance with his great sword out and ready.As he positions himself for the coming battle he replies to the one beasts words.At first trying to feel him out and see if he can gain any information from thr strange creature, and as he speaks he will casually place the ax portion of his weapon down against the ground holding the spear point out in front pointing up about 45 degrees.Fear us why should your master fear us we are mearly a group of travelers who have camped on this grassy knoll for the night, but I say to you that if you have come here to do us harm than you and your master will have something to fear for we will not stand idle and when all is done we will walk down this hill while your blood and flesh feeds the carrion feeders of this world.So he waits feet planted firmly weapon planted firmly to take on a charge by these strange creatures.



Posted on 2007-11-24 at 04:02:43.
Edited on 2007-11-24 at 04:04:17 by Dragonmist

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Riddle the Ranger

The ranger’s keen eyes saw the creatures as they rode closer, just before they came into view he drew his scimitars holding one in each hand.

“I don’t think these guys are friendly.”

They stop about 50 yards from the party in a sudden swirl of dust and stand there looking at the group as the dust settles. One takes a step forward and glares at the group, a look of what appears to be a contemptuous sneer upon it’s lipless mouth. A strange echoing laugh erupts from it’s mouth. “These are the ones the Master fears?” it says in a deep baratone voice filled with disbelief, “Surely they are no threat to him they are so puny.”

The four creatures laugh and stamp around swinging their blades slightly as they appear to be readying themselves to attack the group.

Seeing that they are apparently about to get charged by this creatures, Riddle moves over a little to get some fighting room, noticing that all the others are spreading out as well. Don’t want to get in each other’s way.

He crouches slightly as he waits silently, scimitars at the ready. From this position he hopes to make a sweeping attack to the legs of these creatures as they come at them. Being as large as they are he doubts they can maneuver very well.

(OOC: Posting for the Ranger since syanide can no longer play him.)


Posted on 2007-11-27 at 00:22:22.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Post Again

I did a post but it is not here)

"Light grace us with your blessing and we prepare to engage the those who threaten us." Alea intone a Blessing on the members of their group, then draws her weapon and move to the shelter of a tree to make an attack without leaving herself open to a charge attack by keeping a tree between her and any of the attackers. She plans to get behind one of the creatures and hamstring it, cutting the tendon just above the hock(tendon that controls the raising of a hind foot) that nature's design left vulnerable to attack.


Posted on 2007-11-27 at 00:35:09.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Combat Rd 1

Location: Unknown
Date/Time: Unknown/Shortly after dawn

Thor - At first trying to feel him out and see if he can gain any information from the strange creature, and as he speaks he will casually place the ax portion of his weapon down against the ground holding the spear point out in front pointing up about 45 degrees. “Fear us why should your master fear us we are merely a group of travelers who have camped on this grassy knoll for the night, but I say to you that if you have come here to do us harm than you and your master will have something to fear for we will not stand idle and when all is done we will walk down this hill while your blood and flesh feeds the carrion feeders of this world.” So he waits feet planted firmly weapon planted firmly to take on a charge by these strange creatures.
The Lead creature glares at the dwarf with its soulless eyes, “You dare to speak to me you lowly whelp?” it bellowed incredulously, “I who am Nai’sr!” It strikes its chest with one of it’s swords at this proclamation, “We who drove your miserable people deep into the mountains where they cower in fear of our name.”

The lead creature started walking towards the group and the others spread out and began to follow and soon their pace began to quicken, “We shall add your name to the great list of those who have died at the hands of the Nai’sr!” It proclaimed and then they all leaped forth in a full gallop. They moved with lightning speed, far greater than one would think something so large could run. They were crossing the 50 yards in only a matter of seconds.

“Light grace us with your blessing and we prepare to engage those who threaten us." Alea intoned a Blessing on the members of their group. The words were faint but they all seemed to be able to hear them clearly over the thundering hooves and as the words ended a warm, confident feeling came over them as they watched the creatures charging down upon them.

Each of the creatures seemed to pick a different target, Riddle, Silawen Billy and Thor all had one bearing down upon them, the leader had picked Thor as its target, and seemingly his words had angered the beast. Only Alea was left alone as she took shelter behind one of the nearby scattered trees.

Leader -------------------->Thor
Creature #1 --------------->Billy
Creature #2---------------->Silawen
Creature #3---------------->Riddle
Tree-->Alea

The leader charged at Thor and just as it seemed it would impale itself on the spear point he had aimed at it, the two swords in its left hands sweep across it in perfect timing and batted the spear aside shattering the shaft of his Urgosh and sending the spear head flying. The dwarf was not prepared for the amazing strength of his opponent which 'almost' rivaled his own. The impact causes Thor to be thrown onto his back still clutching the remaining axe portion of the weapon. The disgraceful fall upon his backside is what saved him from serious harm as the beast’s other two swords in its right hands sweep through the space Thor had been standing in. The creature roared past in a rage as he missed his intended target.

The one after Billy charged at him and instead of trying to ride the big man down it past him on the right and swung both of the swords in its left hands at the large man as Billy tried to duck under them and thrust his large sword into the creature’s chest. Both were partially successful, Billy’s sword slashed across the creatures chest as it passed opening up a great wound, while one of the thing’s sword sliced him along the back shoulder causing only minor damage.

The creature bearing down upon Silawen was aimed right at her so when it drew close she could see its strange mouth gleaming with large white teeth. She cast her spell at the last instant and the thing ran directly into a prism of color that sprays forth from her outstretched hands. The creature cried out and veered and just missed her to her right; as it ran it shook its head and cursed as it slowed about 20 feet past her and stumbled around unable to see and apparently stunned.

Riddle had positioned himself close at hand to Silawen incase the woman needed help, therefore the creature charging after him ran straight through the edge of Silawen’s spell, it staggered and almost ran the Ranger down but he saw his chance as the creature slowed and passed him, he leaped at it’s legs and swung with both his scimitars. He missed with one but the other cut deeply along its back leg and the already stumbling creature fell in a cry of pain and rage as the Ranger tumbled through the grass and rolled to his feet agilely.

Alea watched as the large beasts bore down on the others in her party, as fast as they were she didn’t know if she would get a chance to run up behind one, only if it were stopped or moving slow would she get the chance. The gods must be smiling favorably on her for an opportunity presented itself when the closest creature ran into a ray of bright colors cast by Silawen and then the Ranger managed to cut the creature’s leg badly as it missed him. The creature went down in a cloud of dust and grass only a few yards from her tree. As the creature struggle to rise she saw her chance and ran out and sliced at the other rear leg and cut it deeply as she had planned. The creature roared again in pain and one of its front legs lashed out in the direction of the source of the pain. A barbed claw on the back of the creatures leg just above the hoof almost cut her on the arm, only her mithiral shirt armor saved her from harm as the claw racked across it.

End Situation:
Party-
Thor – Uninjured
Billy – Minor injury
Silawen – Uninjured
Riddle – Uninjured
Alea – Uninjured

Opponents-
Leader – 15 feet past Thor turning to re-engage
Creature #1 - injured and about 12 feet past Billy turning to re-engage
Creature #2 - blind and stunned – about 20 feet past Silawen
Creature #3 - down, blind, and injured.


(OOC: You will notice that I didn’t tell you how many HPs of damage were done. I prefer not to do that, rather I tell you the seriousness of the injury and your status. Examples: Minor, Moderate, Severe, Grievous wounds, etc. In the end situation I will also list your status, extent of accumulated injuries so far and any adverse effects. The more intense the adverse effects the worse off you are injured. I believe this way it more realistic and keeps all the numbers out of the game. Healing will work the same way, you will know when you are back to full but otherwise pay attention to what I tell you your body is feeling.)

(Next Round Initiative: Alea, Thor, Billy, Creatures, Silawen, Riddle. You can post in any order if you like; just remember the actions will happen in the order that the initiative dictates. If you use any special skills of feats please mention them in your post so I know to look for them. Thanks!)



Posted on 2007-11-28 at 00:20:26.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Quick-Strong-but still Ugly

As Thor prepared for the four legged beasts to attack for he is sure they will his words bring back only more threats from what appears to be the leader of these creatures.“You dare to speak to me you lowly whelp?” “I who am Nai’sr!” “We who drove your miserable people deep into the mountains where they cower in fear of our name.” “We shall add your name to the great list of those who have died at the hands of the Nai’sr!” With this last statement the creatures where in a full gallop towards the party, who had spread out and prepared for this attack. Well at least they now had a name for the creatures who they faced the Nai’sr.

The beast crossed the 50 yards in a split second and actually caught Thor slightly off guard the creatures weapons knocking his Urgosh aside with such a blow that the shaft of his weapon shattered sending the spear point sailing off, and because he was pulling on the weapon to try to position it correctly to impale the creature the sudden disintegration of the shaft put Thor off balance and he stumbled backwards and fell onto his backside. As disgraceful as this may look to those around him this fall actually saves the Dwarf from taking some serious damage, for this unexpected backward move also put the Nai’sr off his next attack and his two swords from his right hands both swing harmlessly over the dwarf who is now on his backside. The Nai’sr roared as he passed by because he misses his target so Thor using his deepest voice he can answers the Nai’sr leader with a roar of his own he wants to keep this creature angry for he knows someone fighting angry is more apt to make a mistake.
The Nai’sr leader stops about 15 ft past where Thor is. Looking back at his opponent Thor still has the axe part of his now broken weapon in his hands. He must make a decision and he must make it quick. Use what he has in his hands or try to buy the time to draw his other weapons. Holding the shaft of the ax in his left hand thus keeping his right hand free. With his right hand he reaches to the strap around his right thigh that has the holder he keeps his throwing ax dangling in. Thus bracing himself with his left hand holding the ax head and shaft and now with his throwing ax in his right hand he will pivot slightly around the ax head that is still in the ground giving himself a better angle towards his opponent, and as he takes this action he use his body momentum to hurl his hand ax into the Nai’sr leader and then continue his motion so as to end up standing and facing his enemy, with the broken ax in his hands as his weapon at least for now.


Posted on 2007-11-29 at 13:16:24.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.