The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: t_catt11, Odyson
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Cuteness Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Off his Horse and his Rocker.

With his war ax Thor makes a deep cut in his rivals horses neck sending both crashing to the ground, but being in so close he did not have time to dodge the mans sword with catches him in the right shoulder causing him some pain as he passes and then turns to see the man and horse thrashing about on the ground he takes a hard hit directly in the back which knocks him forward and off his horse. It takes everything the stout dwarf has to maintain a grip on his weapon but he does and when he rolls over to get to his feet he can see that one of the men who had at first gone after Billy had attacked him from behind.

To his other side lay the man who had gone down with his horse and he was still struggling underneath the weight of his now dead horse on top of him, so while this man is down and at least somewhat prone Thor quickly rolls over and jumps to his feet as he does he will also remove his morning star from it's place and now once again fully armed the now enraged Dwarf charges towards the man who is down with his dwarven war cry ringing out across the battlefield he will bring the force of both his weapons to bear upon the man whose horse he had brought down.


Posted on 2008-05-28 at 14:52:06.
Edited on 2008-05-28 at 14:54:18 by Dragonmist

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen


So far as a small group facing so many, they had done well. Several horse and riders were down. However, that changed when their archers started shooting. Siliwen felt an arrow strike deeply into her body. She struggled to remain upright in the saddle. Winning that small battle so stay upright in her saddle she maintain her advantage of height to see out over what is going on. In the midst of yet another violent clash with the minions of the Dark One, her heart warmed when her friends began gather to protect her.

Siliwen quickly choose Magic Missiles as her next spell. She had to do her part to help them and Magic Missiles was a good spell for ranged offense. She only wished she had a greater command of her craft so she could be more effective. Ah, if wishes were horse everyone would ride.


Posted on 2008-05-28 at 16:59:28.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Round 3

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Mid morning

As Billy tried to shake off the pain from the sword blow, an arrow glanced off his armor. "So you have no honor, afraid you cannot finish me on your own and would have your cowardly archer do your work for you huh?"
The leader snarled as he turned his mount again to face the large warrior then he waved his sword in the air and shouted to his men, “Leave off the big one, he is mine!” Then the leader charged his mount again at Billy.

Billy managed to get his sword under the guard of the leader as their horses passed and Billy felt the blade bite deep into the right hip socket of his foe, but in return the Leader’s blade also found it’s mark and crashed into the breast of the large man with such great force that it unhorsed him and he fell to the ground. The world around him spun and he felt fresh blood coursing down his chest. He knew he was severely hurt now and that if this didn’t end soon he would not survive this encounter. What he didn’t see was his blow on the leader also knocked that man from his animal and sent him crashing to the ground not far away. The Leader tried to stand but each time he fell back as his right leg would not support his weight.

Siliwen felt an arrow strike deeply into her body. She struggled to remain upright in the saddle. Winning that small battle so stay upright in her saddle she maintain her advantage of height to see out over what is going on. Siliwen quickly choose Magic Missiles as her next spell. She had to do her part to help them and Magic Missiles was a good spell for ranged offense.
Siliwen could clearly see the archer across the field that had shot her, so she sent a glowing bolt of energy flashing across the battlefield to strike the man while he was drawing another arrow from his quiver. He staggered from the impact and for a moment she thought he would fall from his mount, but he recovered and glared across the field towards her. He drew another arrow, having dropped the one when struck by the missle, and took aim at her.

Yet before the arrow left his hand, Siliwen saw her strange new protector step in front of her horse. She thought he was going to block the arrow with his body but with him on the ground and both archer and target still being on their mounts he was far too short for that. He didn’t try to block the shot, instead she saw him reach out his hand and make a clawing gesture in the air before him. She heard a scream and looked back towards the archer who had been about to fire upon her again and saw that something had ripped his eyes from their sockets. His entire face was marred as if a large animal had slashed his face with its talons and mauled him. The archer fell from his horse clutching his hands to his ruined face.

Thor quickly rolls over and jumps to his feet as he does he will also remove his morning star from it's place and now once again fully armed the now enraged Dwarf charges towards the man who is down with his dwarven war cry ringing out across the battlefield he will bring the force of both his weapons to bear upon the man whose horse he had brought down.
The man still half pinned under his dead horse, sees the enraged dwarf bearing down upon him and fear enters his eyes. He raises his sword and manages to block the morning star but the Dwarven war axe bites deep into the man’s neck nearly taking his head off and ending his struggles.

Riddle stunned by the blow quickly rolled out of the way of the charging horse knowing he had to protect Siliwen. As riddle stood up he shouted, "We need to form up. Alea get close to the fighters for healing. Siliwen get in the middle and lets take care of these archers." with that he began to move toward Siliwen again trying to form some sort of battle formation, this seemed a little to chaotic as he moved he whistled for his horse hoping she would hear him above all the noise.
Riddles makes his way over towards Siliwen, his movements through the chaotic battle deft and agile and he manages to avoid any injuries or getting in anyone’s way. He stands a few yards in front of Siliwen’s mount with his scims in hand guarding her from attack. Before him he sees the two men that were originally unhorsed as they attempted to ride Siliwen down, they begin to stir and look like they may soon be back in the fray.

Alea gives her stallion a pat as she falls back towards Siliwen setting herself to block incoming riders or any attackers on foot. prepares to cast healing on Siliwen first since she seems to be their primary target. After healing Siliwen she sets her spear.
Alea rides up to Siliwen and is just in time to witness the actions of their new strange companion in dealing with one of the archers who had targeted the mage. The power used by this creature set her nerves on edge; it stank of dark evil magic and she was sure her god would not approve of such creatures as these. She reaches out and draws the arrow from Siliwen’s side and then laying her hands on the mage she whispers a prayer to her god and feels the warm feelings pass from her and into Sil. She then turns her mount a little and sets her spear ready to provide cover from any attackers.

The last remaining archer watches as his partner falls to the ground holding the remains of his face in place and stares at the battle hesitantly. He takes only a moment to take his reins in hand, whirls his horse around and setting his heals to the mount sends it galloping away.

The archer’s retreat caused the last two mounted attackers to look at each other and then kicking their horses in the side, they followed the wise archer’s flight from danger.

~~~~~~~~~~
Summary:

Billy on ground engaged with Leader - (Severe wounds)

Thor on ground - (Light wounds)

Alea mounted guarding Siliwen - no attackers

Siliwen mounted – No attackers - healed (Minor wounds)

Riddle on ground – guarding Siliwen , two stunned attackers getting up in front of him.

Other Riders (non attackers) status: Five dead, one stunned and wounded

(Next Update, Next Thursday)




Posted on 2008-05-29 at 14:57:01.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


In severe danger

Billy could hardly believe his luck when his foe called off the archers in order to engage in single combat. For the first time in awhile Billy felt he just might have a chance in this fight. Moments later he felt his sword bite deep into the man's hip but what good it did he did not know for in return he received a savage blow.

Finding himself on the ground bleeding badly and in intense pain, Billy fought to remain conscious. 'Get to your feet fool or you have no chance!' his subconscious screamed in his mind. Leaning heavily on his sword he managed to haul himself to his feet and was greeted by a feeling of light headedeness. As he blinked and struggled to focus he caught sight of the enemy leader also attempting to rise but unable to due to a ruined hip.

Billy slowly made his way towards his opponent and stopped just out of sword range. "I am sorry, you do indeed have honor. I salute your courage." After a moment he continued, "You have been a most worthy opponent but it seems you shall not rise again. You deserve a swift and honorable death, one I now offer. Or you can choose to die slowly of starvation or infection. Make your choice quickly while I still have strength to swing this sword." Billy waited, ready to offer a coup de grace or defend himself if necessary. Inwardly he hoped he could remain upright long enough to see this fight ended.


Posted on 2008-05-29 at 22:54:49.
Edited on 2008-05-29 at 22:56:27 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea, seeing Billy's leags her stallion forward and jumps off next to Billy. It was for her to be their healer, she recognized it and accepted it.


Posted on 2008-05-29 at 23:51:51.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea, seeing Billy's dire straits, legs her stallion forward and jumps off next to Billy. As much as she wanted to send her fleet stallion after those who were fleeing she knew better than to do that alone It was for her to be their healer, she recognized it and accepted it.



Posted on 2008-05-29 at 23:52:54.
Edited on 2008-06-04 at 00:06:22 by Dragon Mistress

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Next Charge

The man pinned under his horse tries in vain to dodge Thor's mad charge and he does manage to evade his morning star but the war ax finds it's mark and the man will struggle no more.

Pulling his now bloodied ax back Thor spins on his heels and scans around him looking for the rider who had taken him off his horse with the blow in his back.Looking around he is not sure what is happening, looks like Billy is in one to one combat with the suspected leader of this band, but both of them look to be hurt rather badly, but Thor knows Billy doesn't like anyone to interfere in his battles so he looks elsewhere.

The archers and the other mounted men look as if they are fleeing the battle or at least the are retreating for the moment out of reach, all Thor sees are the two men who where throwen from their horses when Siliwens new protector pulled their mounts out from under them.So it is in this direction that the dwarf will head both weapons in hand and ready for battle he charges towards the two men that Riddle is standing between them and Siliwen.

Since it seems they are more directed towards Riddle and Siliwen Thor will make his charge at them without his usual battle cry hoping to take them by surprise.Depending on how the two are in relation to each other as well as their downed mounts.If they are close enough together but yet there is enough space between them for the dwarf to fit, he will try to charge right between them bringing one weapon to bear on each man the morning star on the man on his left and the war ax on the man on his right.He is going to try to charge right between them while bringing each weapon in a forward motion but letting his momentum do a lot of the damage.(see image below)



Posted on 2008-05-31 at 12:29:01.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen prepares magic Missiles to use on the leader still attacking Billy. In the safe area that her friends made by gathering around her, Loriel maneuvers her horse so she can get a clear target on the leader.

Lifting her hands she intones the ancient words and sends the twin sparks of energy at her intended target.


Posted on 2008-06-03 at 23:13:47.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Battle continues..... but not for long..

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Six - Early Morning - Mid morning

Billy slowly made his way towards his opponent and stopped just out of sword range. "I am sorry, you do indeed have honor. I salute your courage." After a moment he continued, "You have been a most worthy opponent but it seems you shall not rise again. You deserve a swift and honorable death, one I now offer. Or you can choose to die slowly of starvation or infection. Make your choice quickly while I still have strength to swing this sword."
Billy stood staggering as the Leader of the attackers slumped back to the ground and then raised himself up on one arm to look at the big warrior, the man looked him directly in the eye gauging him and Billy could see the man resolve himself to dying here at his hand.

Siliwen prepares magic Missiles to use on the leader still attacking Billy. Lifting her hands she intones the ancient words and sends the twin sparks of energy at her intended target.
With acceptance of his fate in his eyes, the leader begins to nod to Billy when a pair of ‘daggers made of light’ strikes him squarely in the back. He stiffens and with his eyes still locked on Billy, a look of betrayal upon his face, he slumps to the ground; his honorable death at a true warrior’s hand denied him. Billy sees his foe fall and he collapses to his knees trying to keep from passing out entirely as blood continues to flow from his wounds. He knows he is in bad shape and if he doesn’t get help soon he may die.

Thor sees are the two men who where throwen from their horses when Siliwens new protector pulled their mounts out from under them.So it is in this direction that the dwarf will head both weapons in hand and ready for battle he charges towards the two men that Riddle is standing between them and Siliwen. He is going to try to charge right between them while bringing each weapon in a forward motion but letting his momentum do a lot of the damage.

Thor takes the stunned and already wounded men completely by surprise, and while they are still getting to their feet he runs between them hitting each of them with a blow from the weapon on that side. His aim is true, and the men are still disoriented when the attack take them both in the back. Thor feels his weapons strike hard and both the men go down to lie unmoving once again where they were only a few seconds ago.

Alea, seeing Billy's dire straits, legs her stallion forward and jumps off next to Billy. As much as she wanted to send her fleet stallion after those who were fleeing she knew better than to do that alone It was for her to be their healer, she recognized it and accepted it.

Alea rides up behind Billy and vaults from her mount nimbly and steps up behind Billy. A quick prayer to her god and she reaches out and touches Billy upon the bare arm and a warm glow spreads from her hands through out his body. The glow spreads and within seconds the bleeding stops and the lightheadedness Billy felt begins to fade, but he is still weak and the spell from the Cleric only stops his further decline into darkness. He might have the strength to stand now, but he is still far from recovered.

Riddle stood ready waiting on the two men to attack and watched as the dwarf charged them from behind, he smiled watching them both go down again and this time they stayed down.

“Well done, Dwarf,” he said softly with a smirk and looked around for other threats. Nine bodies lay upon the ground and the last three of their attackers can just be seen riding hard back over the hill from which they came. Several horses still scream in pain from their wounds of sword cuts and broken legs.

This battle appears to be over.

~~~~~~~

Summary:

Billy: (Moderate wounds)

Thor (Light wounds)

Siliwen (Minor Wounds)

Alea and Riddle (Unharmed)

(Those not on horse back, be aware your horses are scattered.)

(Next Update, Next Thursday)




Posted on 2008-06-05 at 22:53:52.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Stolen honor

Billy saw the look in his enemy's eyes and knew he wished to have Billy end his life. Drawing from a strength deep iside and fueled by a sense of honor Billy began to raise his sword when he saw two streaks of light headed towards fallen warrior. "No!!!!!!!" Billy screamed as magic energy bored into the back of the man. There was a look of betrayal in the man's eyes and he died at the hands of a mage and not in combat as a warrior should. Billy dropped his sword and fell to a knee. He glared at Siliwen, "Never do that again. If I fall in combat so be it but my honor is my life and I had promised him a warriors death; he had called off his archers when they easily could have slain me. You stole an honorable death from him and he will never sit at table with his ancestors."

The world was spinning just a bit before Billy felt a hand on his arm and a warmth wash over him. "Thank you." Billy could tell he was still hurt and nowhere near recovered but at least he no longer felt in danger of slipping into the blackness.


Posted on 2008-06-06 at 03:37:39.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Aftermath

With his last charge Thor takes out the two men who where trying to recover from having their horses riped out from under them by the parties newest member the strange creature sent by Alacran. Looking around it seemed that the battle was over but he was not sure. He did not know where the ones who where still on horse back had gone off to just because the leader had called off the archers does not mean they all fled, but at the moment all seemed safe.

The first thing he does is raise his fingers to his lips and he gives out a sharp shrill whistle this should bring his horse Lighting back to him as long as the horse has not wandered off to far. He is fairly confident that would not happen for his horse and he had fought many battles together and she know to hang about within calling range. Once he does this he checks himself over to see how bad his wounds might be and they don't seem to bad.

As he waits for his horse to return he he places himself in a position to be able to keep a watch on the area where the other men had rode off to and as he does he speaks to the others. I don't know if those others are coming back or not but I think we need to get our selves together and hightail because if they aren't coming back they now know our whereabouts and may be on their way to bring back reinforcements and I think we should be long gone by then.


Posted on 2008-06-08 at 09:52:26.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


leaving is good

Billy nodded at Thor's words. "We should probably leave. I am not sure that I could take another fight like that for awhile. That fellow knew how to fight and I am still hurting pretty good." Billy looked around for his horse.


Posted on 2008-06-08 at 13:41:32.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Thor's move to join them finished the last of their opponents.

Billy's tirade at Siliwen was unexpected, But her facial control and emotional control could easily handle his anger as Billy rails at her for using her spells against their foe. She doesn't know what to say to him. The man was still fighting when Siliwen cast her spell. She had perceived him a threat to Billy. OF course she would fight. The problem was Billy did not see her use of magic as honorable or fair. She understood that but how would she present her side to Billy.

Siliwen wrestle with the conundrum. Billy's was a strict fighter and it was his life. She had realized early on that he had his strict code of honor that dictated what he would do and would not do. He did not see magic was she saw it nothing more than a tool as his sword was. Explaining it to him might help but it might not wither, but later she would talk to him about it at least to present her side of it.

The screams of injured horses shattered her thoughts and brought her back to the moment.

"Will someone please put those horses out of their misery." She looked around the scene at the fallen Perhaps they night have something on them that is useful,a map or something. I will help to gather the horses." Siliwen rode off she was not up to putting the horses out of their misery nor looting the bodies. She then sighs and turns her mount towards helping to gather the other horses. Even some of those of their opponents.

Once she had gathered as many as she could in she returns.


Posted on 2008-06-11 at 18:02:28.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea wished she had enought spells to heal the enemies horses, but Billy would need more healing and other might be in neeed also.

Alea stood off to the side and Billy vented on Siliwen. She could understand Billy's anger, but Siliwen was not wrong in what she did. It would be something that Billy had to deal with especially when dealing with an ultimate Evil. For Alea the men who attacked them personified Evil and as such their lives were forfeit.

"Billy, you could use more healing."

Alea will set about cleaning a bandaging the small wounds and use another healing spells, the she will evalutae whoever else is in need of healing and take care of them until she is out of spells. Her one wish was to have been experienced enough, or in the Graces of Corellon more, so that she would have had more spells to use.

They were such a small party, and everyone of them were important to the success of the mission. As much as Alea wanted to smite the evil minions of the Dark One, she knew that her skills were needed to keep the party alive and healed.



Posted on 2008-06-11 at 19:00:39.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


Quick survey

As Riddle watched thor quickly put the last two of there enimies down riddle took a quick survey during this Billy spoke his words with siliwen.

Riddle calmly walked up beside his big friend.


"I truly belive that he deserved a warriors death of honor, but what is done is done my big friend and we can not have any hostility amongst us. We are but a small group fighting a larger force we need to work as one. Perhaps he sits in the halls of his god despite."

With this said riddle found his horse and quickly mounted it turning it to face the group he says

"We need to get moving, and now they will be back soon enough and we need to put space between us and them"


Posted on 2008-06-11 at 19:25:18.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.