The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3983 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Recruitment Threads - D&D/Horror game (posted by Eol Fefalas)D&D/Horror game
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Bromern Sal)LLE - WoT Game
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


On and On and On.

Once they had decided to move they gathered their things quickly and moved out. Thankfully there was a bit of a moon to help them find their way in the dark. After riding for about an hour or so they once again come across a group of trees that seems suitable for them to camp in, except for the fact that everything around this area seemed to be dead or dying and Thor makes comment when Siliwen comments about the lack of grazing for the horses.
Not only does there seem to be a lack of grazing for the horses but it appears that most of the vegetation around here has shriveled up and died, even the mighty trees here look like they would prefer to pull up roots and leave. It seems to me that the closer we get to the mountains where this evil is the deader everything around seems to be it seems like the evil is sucking the life from the very land itself.

He makes sure the horses are tied up securely and that Siliwen has a bed to sleep in up off the ground for the rest of the night, then he will volunteer to take the first watch here in their new camp.


Posted on 2008-06-27 at 11:57:20.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


back after a loong absence sorry

As they reach the new camp riddle quickly sets about finding food sources for the horses and laying his usual traps. as siliwen settles in he finds a place for himself to rest some were near her. He watches the group move about doing their usual routines, mild amusment showed on his face


Posted on 2008-06-29 at 02:59:06.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The journey continues...

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Seven - Early Morning

The groups search for food for the horses comes up empty; what little vegetation they find the horses will not eat. They do however have a small amount of grain in their saddlebags which might last them a day, maybe two at best.

The day breaks and the camp is quiet, almost too quiet. They notice all through the night that there is no sound of any wildlife, no birds, insects, nothing other than themselves. Even the wind seems absent at first, until the storm they see growing out of the West grows closer blocking out the rising sun.

The wind picks up as the group finishes their morning meal and break camp. Checking the guiding ring they once again head off towards the mountain peaks which now loam ever closer. The storm hits them when they are less than an hour out, the driving winds and rain pelting them and their mounts, slowing their progress. However, they can tell that the worst of the storm is further north from them. If they had to guess, it looks like the center of the black storm is focused on the area where they originally set camp; where Siliwen was viciously attacked through the ground.

They are able to ride on through the storm making some slow progress, but at least they figure no one will be able to find them or track them as long as the storm rages.

After unknown hours of riding, the storm finally passes and soon the sun returns to them and they can see it is now mid afternoon. They and their mounts are tired and worn, and the storm seemed to sap the strength and determination from the riders and their animals. Even though the storm has passed they ride no faster; their will seems to lag and their haste temporarily forgotten.

The peaks of the grey mountains loom over them as they start up into the dark foothills at their base. They ride on, following the ring, until they begin to pass through some kind of ravine leading up into the mountains proper. The sun wanes lower in the sky and feeling exhausted they quickly find a place to camp among the crags where they have a defensible position.

Here they find no trees in which to make a hammock for Siliwen to rest the night. (If she wishes to keep off of the ground, you will have to devise another way). Nothing appears to grow here, only dark rocks litter the ground. The entire area seems sapped of life; dark and grey stone surrounds them.

Setting up the camp, they have a small cold meal once again; some of their strength and will returning as they fill their bodies with the meager food they have with them. Even the mounts seem to recover some of their liveliness after eating some grain and resting.

Still fatigued from fighting the strange storm, the group sets their beds out and begin to find some sleep for the night shortly after sunset.

It is late, after midnight, all of the group is asleep except for the watch, who happens to be Thor when the keen rock wise ears of the dwarf hears a stone slide somewhere in the darkness. Unsure of it’s cause, he hefts his axe and takes a few steps away from camp to investigate. He doesn’t sound an alarm as he figures if it is something he cant handle, which he doubts, then he can always roust the others as he holds off whatever it might be, if indeed it is anything.

The dwarf listens intently but the sound is not repeated. He turns to go back to the camp assured it is nothing when he hears a different sound, the slapping of feet on stone. Whirling he sees a figure charge out of the darkness at him; the figure is stocky and about his height. He brings up his axe and blocks a blow aimed at his head and side steps his opponent and twists to the side. The attackers momentum makes him stumble past Thor who neatly trips the attacker to the ground.

Thor raises his axe prepared to split his opponent’s head in twain when the moon suddenly peaks from behind some clouds and reveals his target’s face to him. He sees a dwarf on the ground before him, struggling to regain his feet. The visage of one of his own kin causes Thor to halt his attack and take a step backwards.

“I would do that if I were ye,” a rumbling voice intercedes. Turning to look, Thor sees four more dwarves step out of the darkness, two of which have heavy crossbows leveled at him.

The ruckus of the battle rousts the other from their slumber and they leap from their beds only to see that they are surrounded by eight dwarves; four of which are covering them with heavy crossbows.

“Thurm,” the dwarf who spoke to Thor said looking at the one at Thor’s feet, “Get up.. your embarrassing yourself.”

The dwarf who attacked Thor rolled to his feet, recovering his axe. He eyed Thor with anger in his eyes as he walked back around to join the other four.

“I believe your friends have awakened,” the apparent leader spoke and nodded to the camp, “perhaps we should join them so they don’t do anything rash.”

Smiling, he waits for Thor to turn and head to the camp a few paces off then they follow him. When they arrive, Thor sees that a full dozen dwarves, plus the Leader, an elderly looking dwarf with flaming red hair and beard which stretches beyond his belt, now surround the party.

“Well now,” the leader says with a wry smile looking at the assembled group, “what have we here?”

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Eight - Pre dawn



Posted on 2008-06-30 at 01:17:56.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

After a nights sleep broken by a swift ride away from where she had been attack Siliwen was weary by the time they reached the second camp. Hanging her makeshift hammock from a tree she sleep, after she used her elven meditation to help her get enough sleep for her to regain her spells for the next day. Night passed and morning came. With the first hint of color in the sky they arose as if one to get moving as quickly as possible--driven by a need that did not need expression.

Siliwen did not like the quiet that greeted them the morning after the attack and the change of camp sites. Not a single cry of an bird or the hum of insects that usually gather arose at dawn and twilight. It was like they and their horses were the only thing living in this land. Another meal of cold rations was downed. Siliwen shared what she could of her elven rations with her horse. Then she shared more with the other horses.

They too were hungry and it hurt her to know that there was so little for them. The air was still as they mounted up and moved off. Siliwen checks her ring before they start off and fastens her eyes on a distant peak that she keeps the group headed towards. They rode quickly putting distance between themselves and the camp where Siliwen was attack by who knows what. . The day was sultry and clouds arose quickly from the west of the Grey Mountains and boiled out into the plains they had to pass through to reach the foot of the Grey Mountains. Clouds billow up dark and ominous, blocking out the rising sun entirely. The wind picks up as the group are already on their way the sun just beginning t rise over the mountains.

They make good progress towards the Grey Mountains, but do not push their horse who have had little to eat these last few days. At times Siliwen gets off an jogs besides her horse to spare it and to exercise her legs. The storm hits them when they are less than an hour out, the driving winds and rain pelting them and their mounts, slowing their progress. Thanks goodness the worst of the storm is further north from them. In fact it was directly behind then, a full half circle from the direction the ring pointed. Siliwen looked over her shoulder and shivered a bit. She thought that perhaps the center of the black storm is focused on the area where they originally set camp; where Siliwen was viciously attacked through the ground.

“I believe that the worse part of this storm is centered just about where we make our first camp last night. The clods were lit frequently with bright flashes of lightning observable even at this distance. “I am glad we decided to move from that place last night.”

They are able to ride on through the storm making some slow progress, but at least they figure no one will be able to find them or track them as long as the storm rages.

After unknown hours of riding, the storm finally passes and soon the sun returns to them and they can see it is now mid afternoon. They and their mounts are tired and worn, and the storm seemed to sap the strength and determination from the riders and their animals. Even though the storm has passed they ride no faster; their will seems to lag and their haste temporarily forgotten.

The peaks of the grey mountains loom over them as they start up into the dark foothills at their base. They ride on, following the ring, until they begin to pass through some kind of ravine leading up into the mountains proper. The sun wanes lower in the sky and feeling exhausted they quickly find a place to camp among the crags where they have a defensible position.

Finally they reach the foot of the mountains and begin up a narrow ravine. The sun actually could not be seen, it was behind the mountains. The ravine was in shadow was like they were in early twilight that lasted for a long while, as least long enough for them to find a relatively flat spot to make a camp. However there were neither trees nor vegetation of any sort. The bare rocks of the mountains and a small bit of dirt captured in this area would have to serve them for the night.

Siliwen tries to find a projection or cleft she can fasten her makeshift hammock too, if she can find none she will try using the saddles to lay on, anything to keep off the ground. Somehow that Dark One could reach her through the ground.

“I wonder if the Dark One can track me through the rock. They would take much longer to corrupt, well I hope they would.. Lying down on the rocks is her last viable alternative if none of the other plans work. She hopes she can find a way to tie her hammock on off the rocks or sleep on the underside of the saddles.

Siliwen hope that if the Dark One cannot find her through the rock he will know they are already in the mountains. She does think of another way but is reluctant to try it. It would bean sleeping on top of one of her friends. But that would not do them any good. They needed their rest too.

Setting up the camp, they have a small cold meal once again; some of their strength and will returning as they fill their bodies with the meager food they have with them. Even the mounts seem to recover some of their liveliness after eating some grain and resting.

Still fatigued from fighting the strange storm, the group sets their beds out and begins to find some sleep for the night shortly after sunset. Again Siliwen uses meditation techniques to get enough rest
.
Sleep blessed sleep, it renews, it rejuvenates. To sleep, perhaps to dream good dreams, that is Siliwen’s fondest hope right now.

Unbeknownst to the rest of them.

Thor is wakened by a sound he listens intently but the sound is not repeated. He hears a different sound, the slapping of feet on stone. Whirling he sees a figure charge out of the darkness at him; the figure is stocky and about his height. He brings up his axe and blocks a blow aimed at his head and side steps his opponent and twists to the side. The attackers momentum makes him stumble past Thor who neatly trips the attacker to the ground.

Thor raises his axe prepared to split his opponent’s head in twain when the moon suddenly peaks from behind some clouds and reveals his target’s face to him. He sees a dwarf on the ground before him, struggling to regain his feet. The visage of one of his own kin causes Thor to halt his attack and take a step backwards.

“I would do that if I were ye,” a rumbling voice intercedes. Turning to look, Thor sees four more dwarves step out of the darkness, two of which have heavy crossbows leveled at him.

The ruckus of the battle rousts the other from their slumber and they leap from their beds only to see that they are surrounded by eight dwarves; four of which are covering them with heavy crossbows.

“Thurm,” the dwarf who spoke to Thor said looking at the one at Thor’s feet, “Get up.. your embarrassing yourself.”

The dwarf who attacked Thor rolled to his feet, recovering his axe. He eyed Thor with anger in his eyes as he walked back around to join the other four.

“I believe your friends have awakened,” the apparent leader spoke and nodded to the camp, “perhaps we should join them so they don’t do anything rash.”

Smiling, he waits for Thor to turn and head to the camp a few paces off then they follow him. When they arrive, Thor sees that a full dozen dwarves, plus the Leader, an elderly looking dwarf with flaming red hair and beard which stretches beyond his belt, now surround the party.

“Well now,” the leader says with a wry smile looking at the assembled group, “what have we here?”

Awake and Wondering?

Siliwen was reluctant to wake but not waking was not an optioned, at this time and place. If she failed to response she might not be given another chance to. He sharp ears became aware of the sound of voices, more than one and none that she knew. When she looked about their groups was surrounded by about a dozen plus dwarves. More than several had cross bows and they were pointed at her companions and herself. Siliwen ducks to the shelter of Billy broad expanse and prepares Color Spray, but holds it for now, not sure of what is going on.

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Eight - Pre dawn


Posted on 2008-07-01 at 04:05:45.
Edited on 2008-07-01 at 04:10:47 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


They had been sorely pressed as night passed and morning came. Alea took out what grain she had brought with her. And shared it with all the horses. With the first hint of color in the sky they arose as if one to get moving as quickly as possible--driven by a need that did not need expression.

Following the ring the head to the Grey Mountains. The day was sultry and clouds arose quickly from the west of the Grey Mountains and boiled out into the plains they had to pass through to reach the foot of the Grey Mountains. Clouds billow up dark and ominous, blocking out the rising sun entirely. The wind picks up as the group was already on their way as the sun was just beginning to rise over the mountains.

When Sil gets off and jogs with her horse, Alea does the same. Not stopping to rest Alea will eat a piece of journey bread for lunch

“I believe that the worse part of this storm is centered just about where we make our first camp last night.” Sil comment.

Alea look back from where they had come, a chill seemed to fill her as she could see Sil was correct. The clouds were lit frequently with bright flashes of lightning observable even at this distance. “I am glad we decided to move from that place last night.” Siliwen added.

They are able to ride on through the storm making some slow progress, but at least they figure no one will be able to find them or track them as long as the storm rages.

After unknown hours of riding, the storm ends and they and their mounts are tired and worn. Never had Alea ever felt so drained,

The peaks of the grey mountains loom over them as they start up into the dark foothills at their base. They ride on, following the ring, until they begin to pass through some kind of ravine leading up into the mountains proper. The sun wanes lower in the sky and feeling exhausted they quickly find a place to camp among the crags where they have a defensible position.

As Sil looks for a safe place to sleep, Alea helps with the horses. She shares the last of her grain with them, they had been ridden long and hard with little grazing time. Perhaps they could find some moss or lichen for them later.

“I wonder if the Dark One can track me through the rock. They would take much longer to corrupt, well I hope they would.”

Setting up the camp, they have a small cold meal once again; some of their strength and will returning as they fill their bodies with the meager food they have with them. Even the mounts seem to recover some of their liveliness after eating some grain and resting.

Still fatigued from fighting the strange storm, the group sets their beds out and begins to find some sleep for the night shortly after sunset.

Alea finds a rock to lean up against, close to Siliwen and she wraps herself in her cloak and sleeps with her spear beside her, and her sword lose in its scabbard.

Unbeknownst to the rest of them. Thor has an encounter. The sounds of a scuffle wake the wary group. Alea comes up with her spear in hand, ready to jump to Siliwen’s defense Siliwen ducks to the shelter of Billy broad expanse and prepares Color Spray, but holds it for now, not sure of what is going on and Alea moves to stand side by side with him.

“I believe your friends have awakened,” the apparent leader spoke and nodded to the camp, “perhaps we should join them so they don’t do anything rash.”

Smiling, he waits for Thor to turn and head to the camp a few paces off then they follow him. When they arrive, Thor sees that a full dozen dwarves, plus the Leader, an elderly looking dwarf with flaming red hair and beard which stretches beyond his belt, now surround the party.

“Well now,” the leader says with a wry smile looking at the assembled group, “what have we here?”

“Are you the Dwarves of the Grey Mountains?” Alea asks, her melodic way of speaking, even in common, could not be disguised.

It seemed a foolish question when she heard it, but then it was important to know who they were dealing with, and not knowing this world, meant many questions needed answers, even if they sounded---foolish.


Posted on 2008-07-01 at 06:11:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


More of the small ones

Billy woke to the sound of several voices. Instinctively he reached for his sword but saw that the voices belonged to dwarves who seemed to know on eof his companions. "Well if it isn't the lollipop guild" he said with a laugh.


Posted on 2008-07-03 at 00:43:41.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Some New Friends-Hopefuly

After they spend a rather miserable night having moved to a new location, the next day turned out to follow with much of the same. They pull out early into an area that seems devoid of most living things.
Then barely an hour out they are lashed by a sudden storm wind and rain pummel them as they continue to ride on Thor tries to keep his head low and ride as much as poss ale with the wind but the storm seems to continues to sap his strength. Finally around midday the storms lets up and they see the sun again and the tired troupe keeps moving on. When they reach the foothills the sun is beginning to wane and as they ride through a ravine Thor feels it is time to stop. I don't know how the rest of you feel but this dwarf is about spent, this place looks like a good place to stop for it looks to have a good defensible position, I for one vote we pitch camp for the night.
The rest of the party agrees and they dismount.with no trees around at all they will have to all make camp on the ground, and finding a somewhat rock free spot Thor rolls out his bed. He falls asleep after a quick cold dinner and sleeps soundly until his turn to watch. Picking a spot that sets him slightly above the camp where he can look out into the only way he can see that someone could approach them.

As he sits and listens he thinks he hears a rock slide down over another so grabbing his ax he move quietly out for a better look and listen and after a couple of minutes he hears nothing so he turns to go back to his spot when he hears a new sound that of feet slapping against rock whirling to see what it is he sees a squat figure charging at him with a weapon raised Thor reacts quickly bringing up his own ax to block the blow while sidestepping the attacker as the figure who was moving to fast to recover moves past Thor he sticks out his foot and trips the figure who stumbles and falls to the ground. Raising his own ax up to finish the job Thor is stopped in mis swing when the moon reveals his attackers face it is another dwarf.

Then he hears a gruff voice from behind him “I would do that if I were ye,” turning he sees four more dwarfs some of them with heavy cross bows leveled at him. The noise of the battle raises the rest of the party who find that they are also surrounded with cross bows leveled at them turns out to be about a dozen dwarves.
“I believe your friends have awakened,” the apparent leader spoke and nodded to the camp, “perhaps we should join them so they don’t do anything rash.”
So Thor turns and walks back into their camp once there he turns and faces the one who seems to be the leader. Who speaks “Well now,” what have we here?” Facing a dwarf who has flaming red hair and beard Thor upon seeing so many of his own kind after being told that they probably did not exist any more sort of forgets that they are at the moment being held at arrow point.
Why yes I was going to ask you the same thing, is that anyway to greet one of your own kind by trying to break his skull with your ax. Thor who was actually still holding his own ax will actually make a point of putting it away. We where told we would find no dwarves here in the mountains I knew that had to be wrong no evil would put us out totally. I'm sorry I'm rambling and being rude My name is Thordinal and these here are my friends, pray tell who might we have here, I do not smell the evil on you that the rest of this place seems to reek of so tell us what has brought you here to seek us out.


Posted on 2008-07-05 at 21:30:21.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Friends? .. at least not enemies..

Location: Wooded Area - Destination: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Eight - Pre dawn

“Are you the Dwarves of the Grey Mountains?” Alea asks, her melodic way of speaking, even in common, could not be disguised.

Billy woke to the sound of several voices. Instinctively he reached for his sword but saw that the voices belonged to dwarves who seemed to know on eof his companions. "Well if it isn't the lollipop guild" he said with a laugh.

Facing a dwarf who has flaming red hair and beard Thor upon seeing so many of his own kind after being told that they probably did not exist any more sort of forgets that they are at the moment being held at arrow point.
“Why yes I was going to ask you the same thing, is that anyway to greet one of your own kind by trying to break his skull with your ax“. Thor who was actually still holding his own ax will actually make a point of putting it away. “We where told we would find no dwarves here in the mountains I knew that had to be wrong no evil would put us out totally. I'm sorry I'm rambling and being rude My name is Thordinal and these here are my friends, pray tell who might we have here, I do not smell the evil on you that the rest of this place seems to reek of so tell us what has brought you here to seek us out.”

Riddle rolls out of his bedroll, his swords drawn as he comes to his feet at the commotion in the camp, one look at the several heavy crossbows aimed at him cause him to lower his weapons.

The leader of the dwarves smiles slightly at all the questions but they do not drop their guard.

“Yes lass,” the leader says looking at Alea briefly before looking back at Thor, “we are the Dwarves who live in the Grey Mountians.. but we have been driven from our homes and now battle the Dark One’s forces with everything we have.”

“You,” He says looking Thor up and down, “are not one of us.. you are a dwarf without doubt, but you are unfamiliar to us and your accent is strange.”

Seeing Thor put his axe away the leader gestures to the others and axes and crossbows are lowered though kept ready.

“It is this strangeness that has caused us to stop from killing you outright,” he said with a faint smile, “while we do know of humans working for the Dark One there have never been any Dwarf or Elf…” he glanced at Alea and Siliwen, “.. who has been swayed by the dark power.”

“What brings you to this mountain?” he asks in a commanding tone, “speak quickly.. for there are others out here who might stumble across us and spoil our private conversation.”



Posted on 2008-07-20 at 01:01:54.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Time for Words.

Thor listens as the red haired dwarf speaks and listens carefully to what he says trying to size up their situation and if they have found allies or foes. His first instinct is to believe they will be allies but things here he has already found out our not always what they seem. He wants to answer their questions in a way to satisfy them but yet not give away to much information untill they are sure about them.

Thor thinks quickly about how to get this dwarf to know they are here to fight this dark one but is not ready to reveal all such as the marks on their hands. So he deceides to invoke Alacrans name and hope these dwarfs have heard of him.
I know you feel we are at a disadvantage here and that you are holding all the cards right now, and maybe you are and maybe your not, first I would like you to look at our group and I know that either yourself or one amoung you should be able to tell if we are an evil band. Second if you know what has been happening in these mountains then you should know who has been fighting against the dark one. Thor wished there was some way he could let the others know what he was going to say so they could be at least somewhat prepared for if these dwarfs are not what they seem and are working for the dark one what he is about to say may be a death warrent for them. If true than the name of Alacran should ring true to you as one who stands against the dark one, and all I can tell you beyond that right now is that it is because of him that we are now here, and we are on a mission with dire consequences should we fail. We where also told that if we could locate any Grey Dwarves in the mountains here they would be formable allies to have.
Now Thor stands ready if need be to act but hoping he has convinced the Grey Dwarf's to trust them at least a little.


Posted on 2008-07-20 at 11:06:02.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


riddle

As the dwarf speaks riddle, to their group riddle tenses just a little. He never did like being surprised in the middle of the night. Even though these dwarfs were a friendly there constant state of readiness put riddle a little more on edge, what if they deemed something that was said as not true. As thor began to speak riddle tensed a little more, knowing the risk Thor was taking. Looking around to see were Siliwen was at riddle starts to formulate what little of a battle plan he can, hoping all the while not to need it.


Posted on 2008-07-21 at 09:27:51.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen joins the rest of her party but she holds Color Spray redy to through at the largest number of the. While not overly agressive neither did the swarves that now held them at the point of their crossbows show any friedliness. THor did the talk first. HE called on the Dwarves to realize they were a good group themselves. Of course these dwarves may well bu at best neutral and with good fortune perhaps of a good sort.

There was just so much they didn't know about this place and its inhabitance. Riddle was standing ready for anything. THor was poised too. Billy she know would react it things went bad.

After Thor finished, Siliwen stepped forward next to him.


Siliwen looks to the mature red-bearded Dwarf. Her clear voice has the ring of sincerity, "Who we are exactly is not important nor is where we are from. What is important is that e were sent here to do what other have failed to do thus far. The Dark One knows of our existence and had done much to try to stop us. Alacran himself, helped us to get this far so that we can carry out our mission here.

"If we are successful it may be that the power of the Dark One can be balanced and the evil he does to the land and people halted."

We are here to try our very best to accomplished this task hat has been set for us. To fail will spread the Dark One's power further than just this land."

"If time is of importance then let us leave this place. If I stand long on the ground THE Dark One can find me. This would do no one any good."

"Beside we meed food and water for our horses or they will perish. It is my hope that you can provide us with at least that."

"Will you help us?"


Posted on 2008-07-26 at 02:40:44.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Allies perhaps...

Location: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Eight - Pre dawn

“What brings you to this mountain?” he asks in a commanding tone, “speak quickly.. for there are others out here who might stumble across us and spoil our private conversation.”

Thor thinks quickly about how to get this dwarf to know they are here to fight this dark one but is not ready to reveal all such as the marks on their hands. So he deceides to invoke Alacrans name and hope these dwarfs have heard of him.
I know you feel we are at a disadvantage here and that you are holding all the cards right now, and maybe you are and maybe your not, first I would like you to look at our group and I know that either yourself or one amoung you should be able to tell if we are an evil band. Second if you know what has been happening in these mountains then you should know who has been fighting against the dark one. Thor wished there was some way he could let the others know what he was going to say so they could be at least somewhat prepared for if these dwarfs are not what they seem and are working for the dark one what he is about to say may be a death warrent for them. If true than the name of Alacran should ring true to you as one who stands against the dark one, and all I can tell you beyond that right now is that it is because of him that we are now here, and we are on a mission with dire consequences should we fail. We where also told that if we could locate any Grey Dwarves in the mountains here they would be formable allies to have.

Siliwen looks to the mature red-bearded Dwarf. Her clear voice has the ring of sincerity, "Who we are exactly is not important nor is where we are from. What is important is that e were sent here to do what other have failed to do thus far. The Dark One knows of our existence and had done much to try to stop us. Alacran himself, helped us to get this far so that we can carry out our mission here.

"If we are successful it may be that the power of the Dark One can be balanced and the evil he does to the land and people halted."

We are here to try our very best to accomplished this task hat has been set for us. To fail will spread the Dark One's power further than just this land."

"If time is of importance then let us leave this place. If I stand long on the ground THE Dark One can find me. This would do no one any good."

"Beside we meed food and water for our horses or they will perish. It is my hope that you can provide us with at least that."

"Will you help us?"

The Dwarven Leader looks over the group as both Thor and Siliwen plead their case; when they mention the name Alacran his eyes returned quickly to them.

“We know that name,” he said sternly, “the mage is a true friend of the Grey Dwarves and has helped us from time to time in what matter he could without drawing down the Dark One’s power full upon us.”

“That you know of Alacran and speak his name so freely, “ the leader continued as the other dwarves seemed to relax even further with the mention of their general acquaintance, “is a great boon. However… THAT needs some explaining.” He concluded by pointing at the party’s dark companion who has not moved since they stopped for the night.

“He is obviously a keen to the Shelnak,” the leader said as he gazed at the shadowy figure, “yet he does not have the reek of evil about him. Where did you get him?”

(Answer here.. assuming you tell him the true)

The elder dwarf nods and smiles a little, “It sounds like Alacran then.”

A dwarf comes rushing into the group and whispers to the leader who nods and gestures to his men, “We have company. A group of Kree approach, we must leave. I suggest you come with us, maybe we can aid each other.”

Without waiting for a reply, the dwarves turn and head off towards the peaks.

(assuming again the party goes with them, after gathering their things)

They follow the dwarves as they make an easier path through the rocks for the party and their mounts. They move up through a ravine till just shortly past dawn when the dwarves uncover a hidden cavern which they gestured the group into as they themselves entered.

They find a large cavern, big enough for all of them and their mounts, which looks like it is used a lot as a resting/hiding place since there are makeshift stables, with hay, grain and water, some cots, tables and chairs. As they enter the dwarves are moving about lighting torches and as soon as everyone is inside, the entrance closes again; a large stone moved into place by an intricate set of counterweights and levers.

“Make yourselves at home,” the leader says, “You look like you need rest. It will be safe here. I suggest you get some sleep, the night was not kind to you and you will need your strength for the coming battle.”

Location: The Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Eight - Early Morning



Posted on 2008-07-28 at 00:33:19.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea listens as the others speak, it was in her nature to be reserve thus seeming to be withdrawn. She had dedicated her life to Corellon, not in the way that she abrogated all control of her life to him, but that she kept to herself. It was not the Elves way to proselytize, and these were not Elves. For decades she lived quietly doing those things that perfected what was good in Elven life, arts, crafts, singing, playing instruments, caring for flora and fauna. being what Corellon himself personified.

Since this adventure started, she had been at a loss. She had never been out of the everons of Elvenforest, now she was in human lands dealing with things she had never seen, or heard of. Most Elves were trained with sword and bow, but for Alea they were not first and foremost in her life, yet now they were all she had to keep herself and others alive, that and her ability to heal, even if it was very limited.

Alea's worst fear was coming to a point when she only had enough healing to save one of her compatriots. Actually she had fell that her skill were not up to the needs the group hwas facing since all this conflict began.

As the Dwarf spoke, Alea listened to his words, she could not yet use detect evil to aid her in knowing the that of a person, if she had they might have never been tricked by the supposed Wisewoman at Southpoint. Siliwen woulfd have never been marked and they would not have been harrassed across the island as they traveled to the Grey Mountains.

A dwarf comes rushing into the group and whispers to the leader who nods and gestures to his men, “We have company. A group of Kree approach, we must leave. I suggest you come with us, maybe we can aid each other.”

Without waiting for a reply, the dwarves turn and head off towards the peaks.

(assuming again the party goes with them, after gathering their things)

At least some trust held sway as the band followed the Dwarves further into the mountains.

They follow the dwarves as they make an easier path through the rocks for the party and their mounts. They move up through a ravine till just shortly past dawn when the dwarves uncover a hidden cavern which they gestured the group into as they themselves entered.

They find a large cavern, big enough for all of them and their mounts, which looks like it is used a lot as a resting/hiding place since there are makeshift stables, with hay, grain and water, some cots, tables and chairs. As they enter the dwarves are moving about lighting torches and as soon as everyone is inside, the entrance closes again; a large stone moved into place by an intricate set of counterweights and levers.

“Make yourselves at home,” the leader says, “You look like you need rest. It will be safe here. I suggest you get some sleep, the night was not kind to you and you will need your strength for the coming battle.”

"Thank you," Alea takes her horse over the the makeshift stalls, untacks hime except for his halter, which she has been leaving on under the bridle. When her horse in untacked and groomed she goes back to the Dwarf who seemed in command.

"If any need healing I have some powers of healing still available and when that is gone I have bandages and salves."


Posted on 2008-07-28 at 22:48:51.
Edited on 2008-07-29 at 00:17:12 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


Well if it involves a battle

Billy listened half heartedly to teh banter. There were those in the group better at formalities and conversation than he was; in fact the only group member who might be worse at it was their starnge companion. When the group set out following the dwarves he saw no reason to object. Soon the conversation turned to battle looming on the horizon and his interest peaked.

"Well now; a battle against the dark one's agent suits me just fine. Of course this time I plan cause more hurting and less receiving. Wake me when it is time." With that, Billy laid out his bedroll and tried to get some much needed rest.


Posted on 2008-07-28 at 23:56:07.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Siliwen

"Alacran sent this being to us to help us during this mission. He does not speak but he protocts us against what those the Dark Ones has sent after us. He is protected by that amulet as I am. I know little of his kind except they have sought to kill us every time we meet. There wsys are treachory and diseet if not outright hostility." Siliwen responds to their question about their silent dark companion.

"If he is not acceptable to you then he and I will not join you. In his time with us He has been as loyal as my companions here."

(If they accpt him she will go with them to their hiding place.

Once in the tunnel cavern Siliwen asks, and horse tended to Siliwen asks, "What are the Kree," We know them not."



Posted on 2008-07-29 at 00:28:15.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.