The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members: Alacrity, Keeper of Dragons, Philosopher
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Alacrity)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

"Alacran sent this being to us to help us during this mission. He does not speak but he protocts us against what those the Dark Ones has sent after us. He is protected by that amulet as I am. I know little of his kind except they have sought to kill us every time we meet. There wsys are treachery and deceit if not outright hostility." Siliwen responds to their question about their silent dark companion.

"If he is not acceptable to you then he and I will not join you. In his time with us He has been as loyal as my companions here."

(If they accept him she will go with them to their hidingplace.

Once in the tunnel cavern Siliwen asks, and horse tended to Siliwen asks, "What are the Kree," We know them not."


Posted on 2008-07-29 at 01:32:02.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Place to Rest.

So it would seem that the battle of words was over and it seems that the Grey Dwarves have accepted us and will hopefully turn out to be some good allies. While they continued their banter one of their sentries comes running saying that A group of Kree approach, we must leave. the Dwarf leader invites the group to follow. I suggest you come with us, maybe we can aid each other.”
Thor quickly gathers up his stuff and mounts his horse falling in line with the dwarf party. Seems they know their way around and the path they take makes for a much easier ride and just before dawn they arrive at a hidden cavern into which they all enter.

The cavern is rather large and well used with places for the animals to be stalled and feed. Thor is quite interested in and watches closely as the Dwarf's conceal the entrance to the hideout by moving a large stone in place using a wonderful and rather intricate set of counterweights and levers. Very nice. I always enjoy watching eloquent dwarven stone work in action. The leader speaks to the group “Make yourselves at home,” “You look like you need rest. It will be safe here. I suggest you get some sleep, the night was not kind to you and you will need your strength for the coming battle.”
Once he is done Thor will walk over to the Grey Dwarf leader to speak with him. We are grateful for your hospitality and your quick discernment of the situation in the field. You are correct our party is on the weary side for we have been pursued by this dark ones forces ever since we have arrived. Alacran has been a great source of information as well as strength for our party, and yet even with his help we seem to find trouble at every turn. Since you say we are safe here we will all take the opportunity to get rested up and our strength returned.
One question however if I may, who or what are the Kree for they have not been mentioned to us at least not that I can recall, and you speak of a coming battle do you speak in general terms of our fight against this dark one or do you know of an actual battle that is approaching us now?

Thor tugs at his beard as he waits for a reply from the Grey Dwarf leader.


Posted on 2008-07-29 at 13:14:11.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


forgive me i without writing abilities and have little time

The Dwarven Leader looks over the group as both Thor and Siliwen plead their case; when they mention the name Alacran his eyes returned quickly to them.

“We know that name,” he said sternly, “the mage is a true friend of the Grey Dwarves and has helped us from time to time in what matter he could without drawing down the Dark One’s power full upon us.”

“That you know of Alacran and speak his name so freely, “ the leader continued as the other dwarves seemed to relax even further with the mention of their general acquaintance, “is a great boon. However… THAT needs some explaining.” He concluded by pointing at the party’s dark companion who has not moved since they stopped for the night.

“He is obviously a keen to the Shelnak,” the leader said as he gazed at the shadowy figure, “yet he does not have the reek of evil about him. Where did you get him?”

Siliwen steps forward and explains the strange tale of our as yet to be named friend

The elder dwarf nods and smiles a little, “It sounds like Alacran then.”

A dwarf comes rushing into the group and whispers to the leader who nods and gestures to his men, “We have company. A group of Kree approach, we must leave. I suggest you come with us, maybe we can aid each other.”

Without waiting for a reply, the dwarves turn and head off towards the peaks.

As the dwarves turn their backs to the party and begin to walk away riddle draws the attention of the rest of the group as quitely as he can






" I hate to bring this up again but we were forwarned not to trust anyone with out our mark. I know i might just be a little over carefull but so far that has kept me alive.The Dark one and his agents could know alacrans name he did say they had made it far. May hap's we should just move forward and be wary huh?"





As they follow the dwarves as they make an easier path through the rocks for the party and their mounts, Riddle takes the oppertunity to ask the dwarven leader some key details about the differing enimies about the land. Weaknesses things that might scare off some. During Riddles questioning they move up through a ravine till just shortly past dawn when the dwarves uncover a hidden cavern which they gestured the group into as they themselves entered.

They find a large cavern, big enough for all of them and their mounts, which looks like it is used a lot as a resting/hiding place since there are makeshift stables, with hay, grain and water, some cots, tables and chairs. As they enter the dwarves are moving about lighting torches and as soon as everyone is inside, the entrance closes again; a large stone moved into place by an intricate set of counterweights and levers.

“Make yourselves at home,” the leader says, “You look like you need rest. It will be safe here. I suggest you get some sleep, the night was not kind to you and you will need your strength for the coming battle.”

As the rest of the group begins to make preperations to sleep Riddle walks to were the entrence closed and rests his back against it and watches the group. He then pulls out his dagger and begins cleaning the dirt from under his nails and quickly loosing himself in contemplation, every once in awhile looking up as one of his companions stir in their sleep.


Posted on 2008-07-30 at 08:38:01.
Edited on 2008-08-01 at 03:12:07 by syanide shadowalker

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen is tried but before she can rest she takes out her spells and studies them for a bit. When she is done she looks around for a place to sleep She is leery of sleeping on the floor in contact with the ground. She has her makeshift hammock and tries to see where she can tie it up so she can sleep off the floor. IF she can find someplace to tie the ends of ner hammock she does if not she makes a bed on the saddles.

Silwen is careful not to disturbed the other that are sleeping. However not all of them all Riddle is propped up against the wall wide awake. She turns to meet his eyes and gives him a smile and a nod in thanks for his watchfulness.


Posted on 2008-07-31 at 21:50:18.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


hmmm

whilst riddle is watching every one he notes siliwens smile and thankfull nod. He gives his most reasuring smile and nods back. "gods but i have come to enjoy her company" he quitly mumbles to himself


Posted on 2008-08-01 at 03:11:15.
Edited on 2008-08-01 at 04:01:10 by syanide shadowalker

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Riddle's warm smile in response to her thank you and smile made her feel good. They had gone though so much together in such a short time. All of them had. IT had bound them together. They had come to trust each other. andit ws not only because Alacran said they had to but because they had been their for each other in all the most difficult times. She could not think that friendships of such an recent nature could have been made so strongly in such a short time.

She turns and offer s smile to their dark silent companion as well It is with Riddle's smile in her mind that she curls herself up on the saddles and sleeps deeply hopefully throughout the night without problems--to sleep perhaps to dream for something good. Just a simple dream that is all she wanted.

Her eyes were heavy with the need for sleep and shortly after lying down, sleep came stealing in on soft wings and stold her consciousness and the problems of the reality they were in at least for a time--ah blissful sleep.


Posted on 2008-08-02 at 05:06:21.
Edited on 2008-08-02 at 05:13:30 by Brianna

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Allies.. so it seems...

Location: The Grey Mountains - Dwarven Hideout
Date/Time: Day Eight - Early Morning

Make yourselves at home,” the leader says, “You look like you need rest. It will be safe here. I suggest you get some sleep, the night was not kind to you and you will need your strength for the coming battle.”

"Thank you," Alea takes her horse over the the makeshift stalls, untacks hime except for his halter, which she has been leaving on under the bridle. When her horse in untacked and groomed she goes back to the Dwarf who seemed in command.

"If any need healing I have some powers of healing still available and when that is gone I have bandages and salves."

The elder dwarf smiled at her as unlimbered a pack and laid his weapons aside, “Thank you lass! But I think we are all good right now. The last encounter we had with the Dark One’s forces went well and we had only minor injuries which have already been tended. I cant say the same for them though.” He laughed loudly and other dwarves nearby laughed as well as his jest.

Once in the tunnel cavern with her horse tended to, Siliwen asks, "What are the Kree," We know them not.”
The leader turns to her and his smile fades as he pauses to answer her question, “The Kree are one of the Dark One’s minions from whatever hell he crawled out of. They are beasts who know rock and stone almost as much as we Dwarves. They are large beasts which walk like a man, bulging muscles from moving stone, and four arms which make them a powerful opponent. They do not use weapons, other than crude clubs and stones, but they are semi intelligent and attack relentlessly any who they find. Beware them Lass, if ye can.”

Once he is done Thor will walk over to the Grey Dwarf leader to speak with him. “We are grateful for your hospitality and your quick discernment of the situation in the field. You are correct our party is on the weary side for we have been pursued by this dark ones forces ever since we have arrived. Alacran has been a great source of information as well as strength for our party, and yet even with his help we seem to find trouble at every turn. Since you say we are safe here we will all take the opportunity to get rested up and our strength returned.”

“One question however if I may, who or what are the Kree for they have not been mentioned to us at least not that I can recall, and you speak of a coming battle do you speak in general terms of our fight against this dark one or do you know of an actual battle that is approaching us now?”

“Easy there my brother,” The grey leader says with a smile, “.. I call you brother for though you are not of our kin, you are still our brother and we can use all the brothers we can since our race here among the grey mountains is near extinction.”

“I have already explained to the lass there about the Kree,” he said his smile turning into a grin, “perhaps you didn’t hear in all your ramblings.” He laughed slightly but then cut it off.

“Take no offense at my jest brother,” he explained, “it is kindly meant. Now, I have dealt with Alacran before and though we do not work for him we are fighting for the same cause, to exterminate the Dark One’s presence here. We both have different means of doing this and I suspect you are his latest attempt. So be it. We will aid you as we would any who seek to destroy the Dark One and his evil minions. We will fight with you and even die with you, if that is what it takes to rid this world of them.”

“As to the coming battle,” his smile had faded by the time he continues, “I speak of the great battle that is going to happen soon, for the Dark One’s army is massing just southeast of the peaks in the lower plane. It is remarkable that you we not detected by any outlying patrols.”

“The final battle will soon be waged,” he said all seriousness now, “and we must fight till the last man if we are to have any hope to survive. Is that why you have come? To aid us in this fight?”

Billy listened half heartedly to the banter. There were those in the group better at formalities and conversation than he was; in fact the only group member who might be worse at it was their strange companion. When the group set out following the dwarves he saw no reason to object. Soon the conversation turned to battle looming on the horizon and his interest peaked.

"Well now; a battle against the dark one's agent suits me just fine. Of course this time I plan cause more hurting and less receiving. Wake me when it is time." With that, Billy laid out his bedroll and tried to get some much needed rest.

The leader turned to look at the hulking warrior and smiled again, “You’ll do fine lad! I like your spirit.”

As the rest of the group begins to make preparations to sleep Riddle walks to were the entrence closed and rests his back against it and watches the group. He then pulls out his dagger and begins cleaning the dirt from under his nails and quickly loosing himself in contemplation, every once in awhile looking up as one of his companions stir in their sleep.

Siliwen is tried but before she can rest she takes out her spells and studies them for a bit. When she is done she looks around for a place to sleep She is leery of sleeping on the floor in contact with the ground. She has her makeshift hammock and tries to see where she can tie it up so she can sleep off the floor. IF she can find someplace to tie the ends of ner hammock she does if not she makes a bed on the saddles.

One of the other dwarves walking past Sil as she stands looking for a place to hang her hammock stops and smiles at her, “You not need that lass, if you don’t want to sleep on the cold ground there be no reason.” He pointed to the far side of the room where most of the dwarves were camping out. “There be plenty of spare cots there, I have one of the boys bring one over for ya.” He walked off and soon a younger looking dwarf walked over and set one of the wooden frames and leather cots down next to her. He didn’t say anything to her he only smiled, looking a bit embarrassed, and then turned and headed back to the others.

Silwen is careful not to disturbed the other that are sleeping. However not all of them all Riddle is propped up against the wall wide awake. She turns to meet his eyes and gives him a smile and a nod in thanks for his watchfulness.

Whilst Riddle is watching every one he notes siliwens smile and thankful nod. He gives his most reasuring smile and nods back. "gods but i have come to enjoy her company" he quietly mumbles to himself

Riddle's warm smile in response to her thank you and smile made her feel good. They had gone though so much together in such a short time. All of them had. IT had bound them together. They had come to trust each other. andit ws not only because Alacran said they had to but because they had been their for each other in all the most difficult times. She could not think that friendships of such an recent nature could have been made so strongly in such a short time.

She turns and offer s smile to their dark silent companion as well It is with Riddle's smile in her mind that she curls herself up on the saddles and sleeps deeply hopefully throughout the night without problems--to sleep perhaps to dream for something good. Just a simple dream that is all she wanted.

Her eyes were heavy with the need for sleep and shortly after lying down, sleep came stealing in on soft wings and stole her consciousness and the problems of the reality they were in at least for a time--ah blissful sleep.

Siliwen noticed her dark protector lurking not far away, he was easy to miss here in the dim light of the cavern which was lit only by some torches the dwarves had lit about the room. He stood there just near the wall, the furthest she had ever seen him from her since he had arrived. Maybe he sensed that she would be in no danger here with so many other around her. Yet he still seemed close enough that he could reach her in seconds if the need did arise.

The dwarves paid Riddle little attention, he did catch furtive glances his way from some of the younger dwarves who only chuckled and went back to whatever they were doing. It seemed like they might be playing a game or something, but none of them seemed to be readying themselves to sleep. But then again, it was during the day but you couldn’t tell that from inside here. Obviously they were not tired, having probably slept well during the previous night when they were running around trying to find a safe place to camp.

Riddle sat there with his back to the wall, and after the rest of the party drifted off to sleep he found himself succumbing to his own fatigue. Several times he fought to keep his eyes open, but before he knew it he was fast asleep despite whatever he tried to remain awake.

Location: The Grey Mountains - Dwarven Hideout
Date/Time: Day Eight - Night

The party sleep well and Riddle managed to be the first to fight himself awake, being a bit upset at himself that he had abandoned his watch over the others. He looked around as if expecting something to be wrong, but he found most was the way he had left it. The remaining members of his party were asleep, and even some of the dwarves were now sleeping it seemed. He didn’t know how late it was but he thought maybe many hours had passed. Riddle finds that he had been moved slightly from where he had been sitting when he fell asleep. He can only guess that they had moved him so the entrance could be opened. Looking around and doing a quick count he finds that about 4 of the dwarves are unaccounted for.

About 5 minutes later the rest of the party begin to awaken on their own all feeling much better after the exhausting journey they had endured thus far. As they rise, they encounter a wonderful smell of meat cooking and can see a fire going over by the dwaves, they can see the smoke rising and disappearing up through the ceiling through some hidden portal no doubt.

(OOC: Hmmm.. I notice how DM and Brianna both posted for Siliwen.. hmmmm? I’m still not convinced! :: )



Posted on 2008-08-03 at 20:25:45.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


OOC


(I did not Jeanne forgot to change log in.) Joanne The real DM.


Posted on 2008-08-03 at 20:53:41.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen wakes up naturally in the morning though in the darken cave it is hard to tell whether it is night or day. She is refresh from hours of solid sleep. She unslings her hammock and packs it away. Other have woken before her. She glance over to Riddle who is now sleeping and she lets him sleep. HE needs it too though he had set himself up to keep watch. Nature had taken it course. Their party had not had a good nights sleep in many days. She moved quietly over to where he was half leaning against his own knees and sat down close to him.

Finally he showed signs of stirring and woke shaking his head as if in disbelief, apparently a bit chagrined at himself for having slept.

"You needed to sleep, Riddle, your body finally just made it happen." Siliwen comment softly. "We must all be strong to face what comes. But thank you for staying awake before I sleep it made me feel safer to know you were," Siliwen laid her hand softly on his lest arm as she said this.

"Now let us get something to eat and prepare for the day," she says with a warm smile.

She digs in her backpack for rations. Hmmm, Shall I have the this or this, she says with a soft laugh, as she holds up to identical packages of trail elven rations.


Posted on 2008-08-07 at 21:20:46.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


A Welcomed wake

Siliwen moved quietly over to where Riddle was half leaning against his own knees and sat down close to him.

Finally Riddle showed signs of stirring and woke shaking his head as if in disbelief, apparently a bit chagrined at himself for having slept.

"You needed to sleep, Riddle, your body finally just made it happen." Siliwen comment softly. "We must all be strong to face what comes. But thank you for staying awake before I sleep it made me feel safer to know you were," Siliwen laid her hand softly on his lest arm as she said this.

"Now let us get something to eat and prepare for the day," she says with a warm smile.

Riddle heeds her words still a little upset at having fallen asleep. he takes a quick survey and notes the missing dwarves. As he finishes this he turns to Siliwen and says

"You are welcome I would not be able to live with my self if i had let anything happen to any of you. And my thanks to you for the lovely wake up." As he finishes this he turns to her and smiles"

Meanwhile Siliwen digs in her backpack for rations. Hmmm, Shall I have the this or this, she says with a soft laugh, as she holds up to identical packages of trail elven rations.

Riddle smiles at the jest and looks into her eyes.

"I think you need not eat either i do believe that our kind dwarven friends have provided food for us"


Posted on 2008-08-11 at 05:49:46.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

"If it is offer us breadkfast and we do not take what they need for themselves, of course I will accept, Riddle."

SIliwen did not have the slightest idea what they had for breakfast or what it would taste like. She had heard about dwarven Iron rations and didn't know if she could eat those, thought she would not want to seem inhospitable. SIliwen would just have to try whatever it was. Perhaps they didn't have enough for themselves, that way she would be saved from trying whatever they had prepared.

For know she puts her elven rations back in her back.

"I would love a bath but I will have to settle for a dampened cloth for now But it should brighten up things a bit to get cleaner."

Siliwen took out a samll squae of whate cloth and a bit of soap and dampened the cloth with water from her waterskinn and rubbed the bit of soap into it and begain cleaning her face , neck hands arms. Then she rindse the soap off after cleaning the cloth with a bit more water.

"Now I feel definitely better and cleaner as well." Siliwen laughed to think of how strange her life had become that a bit of a wash with a cloth in a cold underground cavern somwhe3re in forbidding mountains was such a luxury.


Posted on 2008-08-11 at 09:26:06.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Morning and a good meal.

Thor sleeps the best he has since arriving on this new world, just the fact that he was among other Dwarves made it easy for him to relax. He awakes feeling refreshed stretches his stiff body and then looks around at his surroundings. He smells the wonderful smell of a cooking breakfast and at once realizes how hungry he is they have not eaten a good meal in quite awhile.

He gathers himself and his belongings and makes his way over to where the dwarf's who are cooking are. My my that smells real good friends, you know how to make a dwarf feel at home.
He will then wait till he sees the rest of the party Looks like we will eat a good meal for a change and I for one can hardly wait. He says with a smile and a laugh.


Posted on 2008-08-11 at 10:22:11.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Yummy

Billy yawned, stretched and sniffed the air. "Mmmm, is that breakfast I smell?" Billy re-rolled his bedroll and then made his way to the cook. "I would love some of that." After getting his meal Billy sat and ate, waiting for the coming battle.


Posted on 2008-08-12 at 00:39:51.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea woke in the quiet of the morning and made her Prayers to Corellon, asking for the same spells that she used before. The smell of food drew her from her meditations when they were done and she stood and joined the others to eat.

"We are not here to battle The Dark One's forces," she stated simply. "Our quest to to infiltrate the Dark One's hold and take from him that which he should not have. This battle could give us an advantage in that we will be least expected to gbe going into the Dark One's territory while it is going one."

"I believe Alacran spoke of this to us. He was hoping that a battle would give us the cover to allow us more freedom to move."


Posted on 2008-08-12 at 01:59:46.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Aid offered...

Location: The Grey Mountains - Dwarven Hideout
Date/Time: Day Eight - Night

Thor gathers himself and his belongings and makes his way over to where the dwarf's who are cooking are. My my that smells real good friends, you know how to make a dwarf feel at home.

He will then wait till he sees the rest of the party Looks like we will eat a good meal for a change and I for one can hardly wait. He says with a smile and a laugh.

The dwarves turn as Thor approaches their little area where he sees a boar roasting on a spit over a small fire. It looks as if it has been roasting for hours and the meat is practically falling off the bone. The dwarves there laugh at him and gesture them all over as they tear off hunks of meat and place it on crude metal plates.

“You are most welcome brother,” one of them says with a laugh and a smile, “what kind of kin would we be if we didn’t at least feed those who chose to fight against the Dark One and his ilk?”

One of them passes the plate of meat over to another dwarf and he sets some type of boiled tuber and some leafy greens on the plate before passing it to Thor. Another dwarf comes up with a tankard of ale, which he can see them dispensing from a keg set against one wall. He also notices that several of the dwarves are already eating the same fare and drinking the ale and relaxing while a few others are apparently sleeping.

Billy yawned, stretched and sniffed the air. "Mmmm, is that breakfast I smell?" Billy re-rolled his bedroll and then made his way to the cook. "I would love some of that." After getting his meal Billy sat and ate, waiting for the coming battle.
Billy gets the same treatment as Thor, actually the rest of the party, Sil, Riddle and Alea, as they approach the dwarves are treated with the same courtesy and handed a heaping plate of delicious food. The meat is tender and juicy, while the strange tuber has a taste similar to potatoes yet is also slightly sweet and tangy. The ale is strong but pure and flavorful as one would expect a good dwarves ale to be.

"We are not here to battle The Dark One's forces," Alea stated simply. "Our quest to to infiltrate the Dark One's hold and take from him that which he should not have. This battle could give us an advantage in that we will be least expected to gbe going into the Dark One's territory while it is going one."

"I believe Alacran spoke of this to us. He was hoping that a battle would give us the cover to allow us more freedom to move."

The leader of the dwarves walked over to join the group and overheard Alea’s comment. He sat down holding a mug of ale and nodded his head in understanding.
“I thought as much,” he said with a chuckle, “for if he was going to send us help with the battle, I would have hoped he would have sent more help then your small group. No offense intended.”

As they ate, he sipped his ale and pondered what Alea had told him then with a grunt he stood to address them.

“Well then,” he said gently, “we will aid you in whatever way we can. We will provide food, water, weapons if need be and I think I can spare a couple of my men as guides if you require them.”

“I can only assume that the ‘thing’ you wish to take from them is the strange power that one of his minions now wields against us,” he says as he walks over to a pack sitting on the ground and draws out a long pipe and a pouch before returning to sit by the group. He begins to take pipeweed from the pouch and stuff it in the pipe as he tells them a tale.

“The Dark One himself does not reside in these mountains, but lives farther in the uplands, but he has given control of his forces here to one of his most powerful generals. It is a warped human named Karn, a powerful warrior and mage, who wields a strange power the likes of which we have never seen. With it he can blast our forces to oblivion with a thought; thus far we have avoided direct confrontation when he is near and so far he has mostly confined himself to an old dwarves city which was taken from us years ago. From there he directs his forces, gathering more to him, those who would work for power or gold. He corrupts all that come to him, bending them to his will with this strange power.”

He pauses to light his pipe with a stick from the fire then continues, “We believe he is planning to march his army to the lowlands and take it all in one great push, destroying everything in his path. So far, he has been patient and waits letting his army grow ever stronger and larger. We believe he will not wait much longer as we have seen signs that he is preparing to make his move soon.”

“If you plan to enter Rungar’s Crave where he resides, you will have to be stealthy and we can help you get some of the way there as we know secret ways even the Dark One’s forces have not yet uncovered but it will be dangerous and even once you face this Karn, he is very powerful and you might find it nigh impossible to defeat him. But, if Alacran has prepared you then perhaps you have a chance.”

“So,” he says puffing on his pipe letting the smoke ring around his head, “how may the Grey Dwarves assist you in this quest?”



Posted on 2008-08-13 at 00:51:22.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.