The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is kqxsmbhn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Alacrity)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.50

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen moves over with Riddle to where Thor is already with a plate of food. They are offered food and Siliwen does not reject their offer. The boar is quite big enough to feed them all with plenty of left overs.accepts the plate with a polite response.

“Thank you, this looks very good,” Siliwen holds the plate carefully in both hands, not to drop the least bit of it. Finding a bit of clear space she gracefully sits down laying the plate on her crossed legs, then she patted the space beside her inviting Riddle to sit with her. It was the first hot meal they had had since the were at the inn many days ago.

When Billy and Alea are finished getting there places she calls them over and Thor too.

The roasted pork had a crisp skin but the meat inside was juicy and warm. Siliwen took delicate bites chewing each piece well enjoys the taste and the warm juices. She really like the tuber’s tangy flesh and devours the green with relish.

When Alea tells the dwarves why they are heare. The old dwarf comes nearer to them to speak He offers them some current information that they did not know. THE Dark One was ready to make his push against the good lands in the plains, A twisted human minion controls a power that he used to attack the Dwarves and most likely all the lowlands as well While the Dark One himself sits safely somewhere higher in the uplands.

The old dwarven leader does offer them guides and also make other offers .

“So,” he says puffing on his pipe letting the smoke ring around his head, “how may the Grey Dwarves assist you in this quest?”

Siliwen looks up at him. And rises gracefully. Guides would be great and using your underground passages to get us as close aa possible will be good. Food we can use and a place to keep our horses if we cannot get them through the passages. If The Dark One, through this general and mage, is gathering his forces, we need to act quickly.


Posted on 2008-08-13 at 04:58:19.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea finds a plate and wholds it out to whoever is cutting the slabs of meat. She moves to join the others then takes out her dagger and begins to pull the meat apart, then stab chunks with the point of her knife.

"I hate to say it, but our horses are a dead give away, and the are much harder to hide. If what I have heard is true then the lands of the Dark One will not sustain them." "I was hoping things were not progressing so quickly, so that we might have time to speak to the Evlves of this island to find out what they are planning to do."

"I believe what we seek in the thing that this general holds, and the would mean getting close enough to him to take it from him."

"We have another problem and that is keeping Siliwen off the ground because the Kree can detect her when she is on it, would you have a pony she could ride, it would be smaller and easier to hide. That if the others are willing to leave their mounts."


Posted on 2008-08-13 at 05:45:41.
Edited on 2008-08-13 at 05:50:21 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

"I certainly don't want to risk Moondancer's life, I hope to be able to get her home. Siliwen interjects into the conversation. She hoped they would all get home. However, this task that had been set them, and needed to be done.

"If I could leave her here with you can you take care of her?" she asks the Dwarven leader. "I know is sis asking a lot. but other than that I will have to set her free to try to survive on her own.


Posted on 2008-08-13 at 23:31:59.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


No battle?

Billy listened as he ate. "What, we are not gonna stick around for the fight? I was looking forward to it." With a look similar to a young lad being told he couldn't keep the puppy that followed him home, Billy slumped a bit and went back for more of the tasty meat. "Imagine, they want to sneak away." he said to the dwarven cook. "Well, they are the brains of the operation so I guess there must be a reason."


Posted on 2008-08-14 at 00:32:49.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

"Billy we are not sneaking away. We are moving into the very heart of the enemy in the very heart of the enemy. There will be plenty for your weapons to do to win us through to our goal." Siliwen tells Billy.

Probably more than they wanted and perhaps could handle, if truth be told. But it had to be done and they were the ones delegated to do it. She just hoped the Gods knew what they were doing because she wasn't so sure about all of this.


Posted on 2008-08-15 at 05:08:10.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Tomato, tomato

"Well Siliwen we are here; the enemy is coming and we are leaving. In my world that is called running away. You say we are really going into the heart of the enemy in order to try to win the war by avoiding the battle. For now I will trust the wisdom of the group." Billy looked just a bit dejected at the thought of missing the coming fight.


Posted on 2008-08-17 at 23:55:53.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"The battle may just give us the cover we need. Remember that we were sent to get the item, and it seems this general has it. If we can secure it before he can really use it, it will help the dwarves far more than a couple of swords can do."


Posted on 2008-08-18 at 02:13:08.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Preparations...

Location: The Grey Mountains - Dwarven Hideout
Date/Time: Day Eight – Night

“So,” he says puffing on his pipe letting the smoke ring around his head, “how may the Grey Dwarves assist you in this quest?”

Siliwen looks up at him. And rises gracefully. Guides would be great and using your underground passages to get us as close aa possible will be good. Food we can use and a place to keep our horses if we cannot get them through the passages. If The Dark One, through this general and mage, is gathering his forces, we need to act quickly.
“Food is not a problem,” The leader says as he puffs on his pipe, “we can give you enough for your journey. You are right, the battle will be soon for I have just received news that the Dark One’s forces are preparing to march. The combined forces of the Grey Dwarves and the humans will meet them on the plains just east of these mountains. We must engage them here where we can concentrate our forces for if we let them out into the open, they could spread out and it would divide us too much.”

Alea finds a plate and holds it out to whoever is cutting the slabs of meat. She moves to join the others then takes out her dagger and begins to pull the meat apart, then stab chunks with the point of her knife.

"I hate to say it, but our horses are a dead give away, and they are much harder to hide. If what I have heard is true then the lands of the Dark One will not sustain them." "I was hoping things were not progressing so quickly, so that we might have time to speak to the Evlves of this island to find out what they are planning to do."

"I believe what we seek in the thing that this general holds, and the would mean getting close enough to him to take it from him."

"We have another problem and that is keeping Siliwen off the ground because the Kree can detect her when she is on it, would you have a pony she could ride, it would be smaller and easier to hide. That if the others are willing to leave their mounts."

The Leader nods and smiles slightly, “Your mounts would not avail you further for your way now lies below ground. A pony would also not be of much use since some areas would be impassable to it; your journey from here will have to be on foot. You can leave them here and someone will be here to tend to them until your return.” He says hopefully.

Billy listened as he ate. "What, we are not gonna stick around for the fight? I was looking forward to it." With a look similar to a young lad being told he couldn't keep the puppy that followed him home, Billy slumped a bit and went back for more of the tasty meat. "Imagine, they want to sneak away." he said to the dwarven cook. "Well, they are the brains of the operation so I guess there must be a reason."

"Billy we are not sneaking away. We are moving into the very heart of the enemy in the very heart of the enemy. There will be plenty for your weapons to do to win us through to our goal." Siliwen tells Billy.

"Well Siliwen we are here; the enemy is coming and we are leaving. In my world that is called running away. You say we are really going into the heart of the enemy in order to try to win the war by avoiding the battle. For now I will trust the wisdom of the group." Billy looked just a bit dejected at the thought of missing the coming fight.

"The battle may just give us the cover we need. Remember that we were sent to get the item, and it seems this general has it. If we can secure it before he can really use it, it will help the dwarves far more than a couple of swords can do."

The Dwarven leader laughed slightly at their banter and then spoke to Billy, “You have no need to worry lad, where you go there will be fighting aplenty I think and they will need a strong lad such as yourself if they are to survive.”

“The battle may indeed be of help to you,” he said to Alea, “many of the forces will be gone, and Karn’s attention will be elsewhere so maybe he wont be able to try and locate Siliwen if he is kept busy with the battle.”

He puffed on his pipe for a moment lost in thought, “I can send 6 warriors with you; I dare not spare any more. Prepare yourselves and you can leave in a couple hours for Rungar’s Crave. The way will be underground so make sure you are well stocked with whatever you need. We have supplies over there,” he said pointing to some crates and barrels against one wall, “take what you can carry.”

Leaving them to prepare, pray, or what have you, he turned to attend to the preparations of his men for the coming battle.

(OK, let me know what supplies you want to take. There are most things, in limited quantities, that you might find in a normal mercantile. Anything special, let me know and I will see if it is available. Next update you are on your way!)



Posted on 2008-08-20 at 17:00:07.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen prepares

"Thanks you for the offer of supplies. I so need food at, least I really do not have the need for much else. I also think we should bet going as soon as possible, "Siliwen adds politely and moves over to check out the pile of supplies the dwarves have indicated.

It doesn't take her long to pick out a few basic, dried meat fruit, things that do not take much preparation. She then unpacks her back pack of all unnecessary wight, that will not be needed for the final push to get to this object. she takes out extra sets of clothes and multiples of anything she carries. She does take saves a small piece of soap and a wash cloth, though. One can't expect her to go around dirty.

Siliwen watches the others get ready as well As soon as every one has what they think they need in the way of food and supplies offered she is ready to go..

Going over to the Dwarven leader she speaks with him. "I wish you the best in your battle against the Dark One's forces, May the Gods favor your efforts. Now if we may have that guide you spoke of I think we are all ready to get going."


Posted on 2008-08-23 at 16:36:17.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


How Close we are.

After eating Thor speaks with the dwarven leader to find out what they were going to do next. That's when he finds out they are going to do battle while Thor and the others go after their prize. The leader tells them that he will supply the party with a guide who can lead them through the tunnels
he then offers them supplies.

Thor will take a look at what they offer but outside of food he is probally prepared as he can be for what is to come, he will make sure that he has enough for their journy and will also see if there are any bolts for the crossbow he bought awhile back.If so he will stock up 2 score of bolts for the trip.

He is most worried about Siliwen and not being able to keep her up off the ground. I am most concerned for Siliwen and her safty and the fact that the Kree can track her somehow through the ground.If a pony can not make this trip than I offer myself for the job perhaps we could fashion some form of sling or such and I am sure I can carry her load she may have to get down for narrow or difficult areas but at least she won't have constant contact with the ground, and as the dwarven leader says the Kree may be to busy to worry about her right now.
Thor will finish preparing to leave and wait to see what the others say about his idea.


Posted on 2008-08-24 at 19:37:36.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


packing

Billy moved to teh stockpile of provisions and began to search for useable items. Of course he took several days worth of food, a length of rope and a few metal spikes. Little else sparked his interest until he found a tinderbox, some torches and a flask of oil. 'Always good to be able to see in the dark.' he thought to himself as he added these items to his pack.

Satisfied that he had what he needed he waited for the others. When he heard Thor ask about a sling for Siliwen he nodded, "That sounds like a good idea, keep her off teh ground as much as possible."


Posted on 2008-08-24 at 19:49:59.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"That is a good Idea, Thor," says Alea moving over to the supplies.

She approaches the leader of the Dwarves first, "If you please you have knowledge of the ways we will travel, can you help me select such equipment as we will need and an amount of rations that you expect I will need."

"Thor, Billy, Siliwen, I suggest that we each carry our own rope, rations, water and whatever so that if one of us should fall, we did not also lose needed equipment."

Alea does not want to lose anyone, but she was being practical. For the Nth time she wondered how Corellon could have ever chosen her for this mission. She had never been the fighter type of cleric, though like all Elves she had knowledge of longsword and bow. Her spells were limited so she felt like all she could really do was patch and pray and defend herself and sometimes not even that. Not exactly the type to be on such a heroic mission.

Alea will await some assistence in choosing the needed equipment. As she waits she looks at her spear, but it had deen of good use fending off the creatures the hsve attacked them. Now it could be a problem in the tunnels. "Do you have a shorter shafted spear, a really shrp one? Or could you cut this one down a bit?"


Posted on 2008-08-28 at 18:08:12.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Modifications

Billy leaned over and took the spear from Siliwen. After placing it over a nearby rock he simply stepped on the end and snapped off about a foot of shaft. Then he picked up the now shorter spear and rubbed the splintered end on the rock. After a few minutes the end was fairly smooth. "There that should work." he said as he returned it to Siliwen.

Though not the fanciest of modifications it would serve well enough.


Posted on 2008-08-28 at 22:46:05.
Edited on 2008-08-28 at 22:47:11 by Keeper of Dragons

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Obstacles ....

Location: The Grey Mountains - Dwarven Hideout
Date/Time: Day Eight – Night

"Thanks you for the offer of supplies. I so need food at, least I really do not have the need for much else. I also think we should bet going as soon as possible, "Siliwen adds politely and moves over to check out the pile of supplies the dwarves have indicated.

Thor is most worried about Siliwen and not being able to keep her up off the ground. I am most concerned for Siliwen and her safty and the fact that the Kree can track her somehow through the ground. If a pony can not make this trip than I offer myself for the job perhaps we could fashion some form of sling or such and I am sure I can carry her load she may have to get down for narrow or difficult areas but at least she won't have constant contact with the ground, and as the dwarven leader says the Kree may be to busy to worry about her right now.

Satisfied that he had what he needed Billy waited for the others. When he heard Thor ask about a sling for Siliwen he nodded, "That sounds like a good idea, keep her off the ground as much as possible."

"That is a good Idea, Thor," says Alea moving over to the supplies.

She approaches the leader of the Dwarves first, "If you please you have knowledge of the ways we will travel, can you help me select such equipment as we will need and an amount of rations that you expect I will need."

"Thor, Billy, Siliwen, I suggest that we each carry our own rope, rations, water and whatever so that if one of us should fall, we did not also lose needed equipment."

Alea will await some assistence in choosing the needed equipment. As she waits she looks at her spear, but it had deen of good use fending off the creatures the hsve attacked them. Now it could be a problem in the tunnels. "Do you have a shorter shafted spear, a really shrp one? Or could you cut this one down a bit?"

Billy leaned over and took the spear from Siliwen. After placing it over a nearby rock he simply stepped on the end and snapped off about a foot of shaft. Then he picked up the now shorter spear and rubbed the splintered end on the rock. After a few minutes the end was fairly smooth. "There that should work." he said as he returned it to Siliwen.

The Dwarven Leader turns from speaking to one of his men and chuckles slightly, “Ya already stated the obvious lass. Ya will do good to take a weeks worth of food, rope and such. But don’t overload yarself, otherwise ya may find yarself dumping things along the way. Naw worry though, my boys will be with ya and assist ya where they can.”

“Now as to yar friend,” he says with a shrug and a nod towards Siliwen, “carrying her is an option for ya, but a dangerous one. Besides I think the dark one’s minions may be a bit busy to look for ya. If your lucky they may think ya already dead.”

Going over to the Dwarven leader she speaks with him. "I wish you the best in your battle against the Dark One's forces, May the Gods favor your efforts. Now if we may have that guide you spoke of I think we are all ready to get going."
“I will send over yar guide,” he replies, “may the gods watch over ya and see ya to yar purpose.”


(Once the group is ready, including if they wish to rig up some type of sling for Sil)

A rough looking dwarf walks over to them with five other companions, “We be yar guides. I’m Thon. Are ye ready?”

As the group joins with their dwarves guides, they see the others headed out of the cavern using the entrance to the outside; their guide, Thon, leads them a different way. Taking them over to a way at the far back of the cavern, he presses a stone there and a cleverly hidden door opens to reveal a dark passage.

“Ya not be needing light,” He said before he turned to enter; four dwarves take the lead, with the last two following the group.

(I will need a marching order for the group, discuss options and post order please)

They enter and go only a few yards in the dark before they notice a faint glow beginning to show them their companions ahead of them. Faint luminous moss patches dot the narrow passage giving them enough light to see their way.

They continue on for a half an hour before the passage comes out into a much larger cavern, but they now find themselves on a 5’ wide ledge fallowing along the right wall of this immense underground cavern bathed in this faint greenish light from the strange moss. The bottom of the cavern stretches downward several hundred feet to jagged rocks below.

The party continues to travel in single file here, since the ledge is not wide enough to safely allow two abreast. Their dwarven guides seem to know this way quiet well and do not hesitate along the way. Their way continues to wind downward, passing through other caverns and passages, all lit by the faint glowing moss.

After a couple hours the dwarves stop where the current cavern bends to the right. Thon turns back and approaches the group, resting for a moment leaning on the halt of his dwarves axe.

“Ahead is a watch post,” he says in a whisper just loud enough so they can hear him, “thar will be guards. It will be difficult to approach without being seen, keep low.”

The entire group slips slowly around the corner where they see a stone bridge crossing the cavern, the floor several hundred feet below. Their path along the right wall leads right up to the bridge. The bridge is about 10’ wide and 50’ across with no rail, and it seems the only way onward is to cross that bridge.

Thon motions them all to halt and keep low. He gestures up to the bridge and after a few seconds they see movement; a lone sentry stands this side and on the far side of the bridge; tall thin dark creatures they have seen before.

“Shelnak,” Thon hisses quietly, “this is odd. Normally Kree guide these passages. Something is nat right.” He looks back to the group and shakes his head.

“I know nat why the Dark One has placed Shelnak here,” He says sounding puzzled, “they are nat hardy fighters in small numbers. But that is the only way and we must take them out before they know we are here. They can alert the Dark General magically if they see us.”

The group can tell by the way the Dwarf is looking at them, he expects they have some magical or other means to remove the obstacle in their path.



Posted on 2008-08-31 at 00:30:04.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


onward

Billy took the last of the provisions he felt necessary and then added a bit more just in case. "My father always said it is better to have and not need than need and not have."

When the group approached the tunnel and Billy realised he could see in the low light he volunteered to take the spot just behind the dwarven guide. "It is usually best to have a fighter front and rear, just in case. I can take the front if someone will take the trail."



OOC: edit to allow Riddle to take the lead spot.

IC: "Very well Riddle, take the lead. I will find a spot in the middle so I can lend aid no matter where danger comes form." Billy waited until a few had passed and then fell in line.


Posted on 2008-08-31 at 02:56:05.
Edited on 2008-09-01 at 23:47:10 by Keeper of Dragons

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.