The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members: Odyson
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Grugg)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Chessicfayth)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by SilentOne)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen Sees the Unseen

Siliwen was momentarily mesmerized by the glowing and growing ring of arcane energies. She tried to understand what she was seeing, to figure it out. However as two Dwarves approach that shining ring Siliwen was roused from her fascination with the spectacle. She realized they didn't see it hanging there threatening them in a way she did not know for certain except it would be bad for them to touch it.

"Stop." she cried out, "There's a trap, a magical trap. Turn around now, come back."

Siliwen reaches out to grabbed the dwarven leader's shoulder.

"Call your men back It is right there in the middle of the bridge. Can't you see it?"


Posted on 2008-09-11 at 19:07:53.
Edited on 2008-09-19 at 20:19:54 by Brianna

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


~Interim Post~

"Stop." she cried out, "There's a trap, a magical trap. Turn around now, come back."

Siliwen reaches out to grabbed the dwarven leader's shoulder.

"Call your men back It is right there in the middle of the bridge. Can't you see it?"

Thon looked at her then quickly told his men to stop and return down the bridge; they instantly responded though they looked at her strangely.

The glowing ring dimmed somewhat as the dwarves moved away from it, but it was still bright enough for Siliwen to see it clearly.

“What is it, Lass?” Thon asked her with concern on his face, “I see nothing; magic you say?” He turned to look at the bridge again as did his men but they, like everyone else except Siliwen see nothing except the bridge itself.



Posted on 2008-09-11 at 23:59:08.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


SIliwen

Yes, Yes there is something that is growing in brightness and size. I don't know what it is. The magic is unfamiliar to me. I just know it is not a good thing for anyone to touch it though I don't know how I know that. Please believe me. It is a huge ring of energy just about the middle of the bridge now.


Posted on 2008-09-12 at 00:27:19.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


hmm

"SIl, we belive you. Strange enough things have happened" Riddle calmly states putting as much care and concern in his voice as he knows how.

" Well the way i see it we have a couple options, one is a fools choice, test it by sending someone into it. Another being try and dispell it. And the last being find another way around. If any one has rope we could shoot it across and sjimmy across that. Those at the moment are the only i see." With that riddle pauses and looks at the group waiting for a reply


Posted on 2008-09-12 at 05:18:11.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"Siliwen, is it just on the foot path of the bridge or does it radiate into the air. If it is just on the footpath, maybe we could jump it."

Alea looks to her friend and compatriot for her answer.


Posted on 2008-09-12 at 05:45:09.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


One by One

With Siliwens cry of alarm Thon calls his men back. Now all are looking to Siliwen for an explanation of what it is she is seeing.She replies It is a huge ring of energy just about the middle of the bridge now. So at this point Riddle kind of summerizes our options. " Well the way i see it we have a couple options, one is a fools choice, test it by sending someone into it. Another being try and dispell it. And the last being find another way around. If any one has rope we could shoot it across and sjimmy across that. Those at the moment are the only i see."
Thinking about what Riddle has said Thor eventualy speaks up,
Well I have a feeling none of us are going to be powerful enough to dispell something put here either by the Shelnak or the Dark one himself, so going around seems to be our only real option. I have a gatling hook and I am pretty good with that and a rope and the other side is only about 70 feet across. Although I don't like the idea of each of us hanging unprotected as we cross on a rope. It may be our only option unless someone can come up with another.


Posted on 2008-09-12 at 13:04:49.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


yup

"That is the option I was thinking on the heaviest. Thogh unprotected I think not, we have a few people who a good shots with a bow and if we split the fighters we should be good on both ends" as he says this riddle surveys the souroundings once again looking for any thing else that might be advantages to them. Perhaps a place to set up traps if they decide on there rope crossing


Posted on 2008-09-12 at 17:11:05.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


Sneaky mages

"You see a trap? I see nothing. Sneaky mages, leave it to them to trap the bridge." Billy looked a bit bashful for a second, "Sorry didn;t mean to insult any of our own."


Taking a moment to think of the offered plans Billy gave his opinion. "I am not a mage and know nothing of its use. If our mage believes it cannot be dispelled then I believe her. The idea of crossing on ropes has risks and if we are to go that route the first across should be someone light who can get across and make sure the rope is well secured. I would suggest a safety rope for each of us as we cross to ensure we do not fall if we lose our grip."


Posted on 2008-09-15 at 00:23:00.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


i will do it

" if need be i will do it. I have no qualms taking a chance on my life for all of you to succeed in this. I should be fine as is" said riddle as he looked around to the group


Posted on 2008-09-15 at 00:36:32.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A Short update...

Location: Under the Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Nine – Early Morning


Thon listened to the group discuss ways of getting across the ravine without using the bridge; he kept his men on guard both at the base of the bridge and behind the group while they plotted.

“If it is some sort a magical barrier,” the dwarf said quietly, “then that explains the presence of the Shelnaks.. thay would be here ta tend the forbidding. In time it might dissipate though I don’t think we should stay here that long without knowing how long it might be.”

He looks across the roughly 50’ gap gauging the difficulty of the rope idea.

“It could work,” he said still looking at crossing, “maybe yar big fellow here, “ turning to glance up at Billy, “might have the strength and altitude ta get a rope across there.”

He fell silent waiting for the group to decide if that was the course they would take and who would attempt to be the first across.

((OOC: Ok since you havent really com to a conclusion here, that is all for now. Once a course of action is stated then I will update again with the results. Make sure to post who is making the attempt at the rope and the crossing. I need details! Carry on!))


Posted on 2008-09-17 at 00:51:12.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


One bridge coming up

Billy took out a length of rope and checked to make sure the grapnel was firmly attached. He swung it in a lazy arch a few times to test the weight and then stopped and carfully coiled the rope. Placing the loose end under his foot he once more swung the grapnel in an arch; this time faster. Once, twice, three times it made a pass next to him and on the fourth pass he let it fly towards the far side of the gorge. First it rose and then at the midpoint of the gap it began to descend. If his aim was true and the timing was right it should find purchase in a clump of rock on the far side.


Posted on 2008-09-18 at 23:44:19.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


~Interrim update~ Attempts...

Billy's throws of the grapple and rope across the chasm is met with limited success.; it takes him 8 times before he gets a purchase that doesn’t pull free. On a couple of those attempts the rope did come close to the glowing ring that surrounds the bridge; this caused Siliwen to hold her breath each time but the ring had no reaction to the nearness of the rope.

Billy tested the hook’s hold by pulling on the rope but it ‘seemed’ to be held fast; Now the question was, who was going to attempt to cross the rope first?


Posted on 2008-09-18 at 23:59:52.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


Well?

Billy tried several times before the rope seemed to be abchored to his satisfaction. "I don't know how much it will hold but that is as good as it gets" Billy said as he tied the rope off on the near side. "I suggest our lightest try first and that we tie a second rope to them, just incase."


Posted on 2008-09-19 at 02:09:34.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea shucks her pack and weapons, except for her dagger, which she ties in so it won't fall out.

"I'll do it." She then digs out her own rope and ties it tightly about her and hands the end to Riddle. Then she put on a pair of gloves.

Her heart is pounding hard, but she knows she is best for the try, being light, anyway they dare not risk Siliwen in the attempt.

SHe moves to the rope and lower herself, she will grab the rope and then get under it and swing her legs over it too, one from each side so the the rope in under her knees and in her hands.



Posted on 2008-09-19 at 18:46:14.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen Elaborates on Alea's Idea


Siliwen watches Alea's preparations with interest. That rope around the middle is a good idea. The rope will act like a safety just in case she fell. Then it could be used to bring her equipment over after she crosses.

"Take care, Alea. That rope trick is a good idea I think we should all use it that way we can pull our things over afterwards. before the the last person goes we should pull their things over and then as well that the second to last person's,. plus the rope they have tied on. When they cross we still have a safety rope in our hands to help whomever is last."

Siliwen stops for a moment. "I hope you understood what I said. Well never mind I will keep it in mind as we go along."


Posted on 2008-09-19 at 20:18:52.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.