The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is phamduycamera.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Chessicfayth)Destiny's Flight
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Another problem...

Location: Under the Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Nine – Afternoon


Alea heals Riddle enough that he begins to come around; he looks around wondering what had happened. The last he remembered was standing in front of Siliwen as the Shelnak leader was bearing down upon him. He still hurt from his injuries and though he couldn’t see it the burns on his face and body would leave scars which it seemed the healing magic couldn’t completely eradicate.

(Riddle is conscious and able to move though he is still injured but only in a minor way.)

Once they determine that Siliwen has gone over the edge of the cliff with the Leader and one of Thon’s dwarves warriors, they all gather there and come up with a plan to lower Alea over the edge to look for Siliwen.

Thon manages to communicate, through gestures and shouting, that they cant stay here too long because the Shelnak or others maybe back soon.

Working quickly they link several lengths of rope together and wrapping it tightly around Alea, lower her over the side of the cliff. She finds the cliff face very slick with moisture from the nearby falls.

After lowering her over 100’ down the slippery slope, Alea finds something snagged on a outcropping of rocks. Swinging over to it she recovers a torn piece of cloth the same color as Siliwen clothing. Looking around she can see hardly anything as it is getting darker and now she can barely see anything beyond a few feet. There seems to be no bottom that she can see and no sign of Siliwen.

Above Billy and Thor are anchoring the rope while Thon, Riddle and the last dwarf warrior keep an eye out for trouble. Suddenly Thon gestures back up the ledge; coming from the direction that they entered this cavern there is a small group of large bulky creatures. Looking like some kind of hairless apes, these creatures have gray skin, and long muscular arms. Three of these creatures come out on the ledge and stop and start pointing at the group. They turn to each other and appear to be conversing about what they will do; then one of them turns and runs out of the cavern back they way they came. The other two turn to the group and begin to cautiously move towards them.

Thon taps Billy and Thor and gestures for them to get Alea up and then shouts in Thor’s ear, “We .. ave to get out … here!” Gesturing for them to get her up and that they should head up the ledge towards where the Shelnak fled, Thon and the other dwarf move off towards the newcomers apparently intending to stall them while they tend to Alea.



Posted on 2008-11-23 at 00:20:15.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


w

Riddle wakes just a little confused but he
jumps up quickly grabbing his scims looking for any foe.
Quickly looking about he noticed a few things.
One he appeared to be close to fully healed. Two was thal siliwen appeared to be missing and three that there were no opponents left. After a little dliberation they begin sending alea down to find siliwen. During this three hulky creatures show. After deliberation on there part one dissapears back into the tunnel. Riddle deciding not to take any more action decides he is going to take this messanger out as quickly as possible. Riddle gives chase dodging around the gaurds and proceeding into the tunnle as quickly and carefully as possible


Posted on 2008-11-23 at 01:22:26.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea clutches the bit of cloth and is suddenly shocked as she feels herself being pulled up. She was ready to tug on the rope to tell them to stop, bit realizes that she must be at the end of the rope, so to speeak. With no ground is sight and not chance to call out, she resigns herself to being pulled up. She stuffs the cloth under her shirt and uses her hands to fend of jutting rocks as she is pulled further up.

Finally she feels what she thinks is the upper edge and she reaches up for helping hands to get over to the flat ledge.

Wet and cold, and feeling numb, more that just physically she looks about to see who still stands.


Posted on 2008-11-27 at 19:27:39.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


upsy daisey

Billy saw the enemies the dwarf pointed out and began to pull the rope and retrieve his friend. It seemed no heavier than before so he was sad that the search and rescue was likely a failure.


Posted on 2008-11-27 at 20:45:37.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Decisons...

Location: Under the Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Nine – Afternoon

As the two creatures advanced slowly on the group, Riddle tried to dart past them with the intent to chase after the lone creature who had obviously went in search of more help. As he ran towards them and went to dart past them, one of them took a swipe at him but Riddle was swift enough to get past the thing unharmed and he darted up the passage back the way they had come.

The creature looked like it was going to chase after the Ranger but the other creature gestured for it to join him in harassing the rest of the group. They turned and continued to advance on the remaining party members.

Billy and Thor managed to quickly bring Alea back to the ledge where she saw they were once again under attack; at least this time it was not the Shelnaks again. Thon and the last dwarf advanced on the two creatures as Thon gestured for them to take Alea and flee up the way they had been going before they were attacked.

Thon and his friend charge but prior to them getting within striking distance, the strange creatures both raise their hands above their heads and strike the stone before them with a resounding blow. The ledge shakes and everyone scrambles to maintain their footing as cracks appear in the stone. The strength of these creatures must be phenomenal to cause such damage to solid stone. Both charging dwarves are brought to a halt as the cracking appears to spread around them looking as if that section of the ledge might give way and slide off into the ravine.

As Billy, Thor and Alea stand there deciding whether to flee as Thor told them, the creatures start forward again looking as if they are going to attack the dwarves while they are off balance.

(Decide if you are going to attack or flee. Next post next Sat)



Posted on 2008-12-06 at 01:24:11.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


go we must

Billy wanted nothing more than to get another chance to fight and had his sword half drawn when the very earth beneath him shook. 'Those things must be strong indeed.' he thought as he saw the dwarves struggle for balance. They had waved in indication that the party should continue on and it looked like they intended to buy some time. Billy didn't expect it would be much. "Thor, we have to go. The real battel is still ahead."


Posted on 2008-12-06 at 04:53:22.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


As much as she hated leaving the Dwarves, to much hung in the balance, the fate of this world and theirs, in time. The only problemwas, Siliwen was to one who was the mage, and choosen by the deitiese or fate, to carry out the task they were sent on. She had the ring, how were they ever going to find their way to the artifact without it.

She always thought it strange that all their hopes were pinned on one egg in the basket, and now that egg was gone.

"He's right we must use whatever time they can give us to get away."

She finally tucked the bit of cloth under her shirt, no need for them to know.

There was not time for tears now, they had to run for it.


Posted on 2008-12-06 at 07:12:38.

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


...

as Riddle made it past the two creatures he breathed as sigh of relief. though with this other creature ahead of him he quickly dropped into a pose more suitable for tracking and began to set to work. keeping his scimitars ahead out as he began to look for their enemy


Posted on 2008-12-06 at 13:40:22.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Thor stands and fights for now

Thor is torn between helping the dwarfs who are putting their lives on the line for them and fleeing as they where instructed to do, fleeing just doesn't feel right, and then what about Riddle who had gone chasing the third creature.
Turning toface Billy Thor pulls the big man down so he can yellinto his ear,
Billy stay with Alea and start moving up the path as the dwarfs told us to I won't be to far behind I am going to give them at least a little bit of long distance help and if those things get past the dwarfs rather fast someone needs to give you some time to escape, don't worry I have no death wish and will join you shortly no go.

With that he points down the trail and waves Billy on then he pulls his crossbow and loads it positions himself for best attack and begins firing away shooting at the beast closest to the edge hoping maybe since his attack is unexpected he may cause the thing to move towards the edge and lose it's balance ( wishful thinking ) knowing that crossbows take time to load and fire he will work as fast as his muscles will allow him to.


Posted on 2008-12-06 at 14:30:49.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Sorry Thor

Billy nods in agreement at Thor's words then turns to leave. As soon as Thor turns to stringing his crossbow, Billy attempts to grab him in a big bear hug, lifting his well off his feet.

If successful: "Sorry Thor, but we all have to go now." he yells in his ear and begins to run after Alea with the dwarf still cluthched tight in his arms.


Posted on 2008-12-06 at 16:12:14.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Well since everyone posted so quickly…. Thank you!

Location: Under the Grey Mountains
Date/Time: Day Nine – Afternoon

"Thor, we have to go. The real battle is still ahead." Billy yelled

"He's right we must use whatever time they can give us to get away." Alea seconded.

Turning toface Billy Thor pulls the big man down so he can yell into his ear,

Billy stay with Alea and start moving up the path as the dwarfs told us to I won't be to far behind I am going to give them at least a little bit of long distance help and if those things get past the dwarfs rather fast someone needs to give you some time to escape, don't worry I have no death wish and will join you shortly no go.

Billy nods in agreement at Thor's words then turns to leave. As soon as Thor turns to stringing his crossbow, Billy attempts to grab him in a big bear hug, lifting his well off his feet.

"Sorry Thor, but we all have to go now." he yells in his ear and begins to run after Alea with the dwarf still clutched tight in his arms.

Billy did indeed take Thor by surprise and scooped him up in his big arms from behind. Thor was so surprised at first that he didn’t resist but just held on to his crossbow which he hadn’t even had time to fire. But after a few seconds he began to struggle and yell at Billy to put him down.

As Billy, Thor (not by choice) and Alea fled up the ledge towards the waterfall, Thon and the other dwarf held their position afraid to move forward lest th ledge give way.

The creatures began to advance again on the two dwarfs; they moved onto the cracked ledge and surprisingly their weight didn’t cause any further cracking.

Thon saw this and gestured to the other dwarf and then began to inch his way backwards, the other dwarf raised his axe and paused watching the advancing creatures. After a few seconds he brought the flat of the blade down hard on the ledge with a solid blow. The cracking started to spread again at a rapid pace; Thon and the dwarf turned to run as the ledge fissured and began to slide away into the ravine.

The two creatures paused and one spread out his arms and seemed to be incanting something; it’s hands started glowing and the slide miraculously stopped and held in mid fall. Thon and the dwarf managed to reach the safe part of the ledge and turned to see the two creatures still standing there. The other creature started to move across the slide as the one appeared to be holding it from further sliding.

Thon pulled out a small hand axe and after taking a moment to gauge the distance, he threw the axe with all his strength.

The axe sailed across the expanse and buried itself in the chest of the creature holding the slide, it staggered back and it’s concentration broken the slide resumed it’s progression. Silently a large section of the ledge completely fractured and slide off into the ravine taking the two creatures with it. Thon and his partner turned and ran after the group.

Meanwhile, Riddle followed the creature that had ran and found that he didn’t have to track it really since the way was along a single passage. He ran rapidly and soon came out of the passage and into a small cavern with only one other entrance, there he came to a sudden halt as he saw the object of his chase.

Across the cavern by the other entrance was a group of about a dozen of those creatures, one gesturing wildly and pointed towards the passage he had just exited. The creatures turned and seeing Riddle they all roared loudly and began to run towards him.

Alea, Billy and Thor, had run along the ledge to the waterfall and found that behind the waterfall was a passage. Heading through the passage they found they were heading slightly upwards. After a couple of minutes, they left the roar of the falls behind them and came into a small cavern with two other exits. As they paused to decide which of the other two exits might be the one they needed, Thon and the other dwarf caught up to them there and told them what had happened behind them.

They realized that Riddle had been on other side of the collapse and would find it hard if not impossible to cross the wide gap (~50’) that now spanned the ledge between the cliff face and the ravine.

(Ok, NPNS, unless everyone happens to post again so quickly )


Posted on 2008-12-07 at 16:03:02.
Edited on 2008-12-07 at 16:03:41 by YeOlde

syanide shadowalker
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/6
131 Posts


not good not good not good


Riddle qiuickly looks around for anything he could do to give hinmself more time. After searching he decides to run. Realizing running back the way he came would only cause more problems. Riddle looks for another way out.





Posted on 2008-12-07 at 19:58:43.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


one by one

Billy sets Thor on the ground; "Sorry my friend but I couldn't let you stay. We have already lost contact with two of our group and we can't afford any more. Divide and conquer is an ancient strategy for defeating an enemy and we are doing just that to ourselves and helping those who stand against us." Looking at the large gap, Billy realized the only way to go from her was forward which was fine with him for that is where the battle would be joined.


Posted on 2008-12-08 at 02:57:21.
Edited on 2008-12-08 at 03:35:09 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea looks ahead, it is the only way for them now. With a Prayer to Corellon she moves forward towards the gap.

"We must move quickly," she says to the others, but quickly where and why? They had no knowledge of the underground ways and no ring to guide them.

Alea was left to blind faith alone.


Posted on 2008-12-14 at 23:24:29.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A surprise ride

Preparing to fire his crossbow Thor is caught by surprise as Billy reaches down and scoops the dwarf up into his large arms and starts running off after Alea Sorry Thor but I can't let you stay behind we are already to fractionated and need to stay together,”
At first Thor resists but finally just relaxes and allows himself to be brought along Alright Big Guy you can put me down you have my word I will follow you are right we must stick close.
They find a passage behind the falls and eventually leaving the roar of the falls behind enter into a small cavern with two exits here they pause to regroup and decide their next move. The two other dwarves Thon and his companion arrive not to far behind them and they tell of the cave-in and slide that has cut off the pass behind them. Now they realize that Riddle is cut off from them probably.

So with their party at the moment reduced to just Billy, Alea, and Thor along with two of the dwarfs sent to show them the way Thon and his friend. Thor turns to the party. Well friends looks like things are getting rather sticky, with Siliwen. Gone over the cliff and now Riddle separated from us by the gap in the path it is up to us to continue on. Thon, do you know the rest of the way we need to go to reach our original goal?
Thor waits for Thon to answer and assuming he does know where we are headed Well then I would suggest with Thon in the lead we waste nomore time here and get back under way. I will take the lead right behind Thon with Alea next the second dwarf behind Alea and Billy bringing up and protecting our rear, so unless there are any other ideas we should move out.


Posted on 2008-12-23 at 13:10:15.
Edited on 2008-12-23 at 13:11:37 by Dragonmist

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.