The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Battles over time to go.

Thor almost felt cheated when his foe turned and fled, humh figures most big talkers are cowards at heart. He watches as Billy finishes off the one creature that was left behind, and then asks Siliwin for help with his wounds. He puts his morningstar away but keeps his ax out moving forward to join with the rest of the group.

He is in agreement with Siliwin when she says"I do think we need to get out of here aas soon as we can." I do second that idea. Seems that our arrival on this hilltop did not go unnoticed at least by some. We should put distance between this place and ourselves.
As he is speaking he is watching the rest for any signs that they agree or not with him when the ranger Riddle starts to step forward and suddenly pitches forward onto his face. Thor running forwards kneels down at his side and reaches for him. What sort of sorcery is this he is stiff and rigid like stone. Did anyone hear the leader casting any more spells before he ran off? He takes his time and looking Riddle over for any signs of injury the only thing he can find is a small wound on one of his legs. Did anyone see him get this wound, it's fairly low for a sword strike and looks kind of jagged. Does anyone else feel funny in anyway?
Leaving Riddle's body he gets up and goes over to the beast he had struck last the one he nudged Siliwin away from and starts to look it over looking for how Riddle might have been injured.


Posted on 2007-12-09 at 21:05:59.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen


Turning to Billy Siliwen hurries over to him with her first aid supplies such as she carried. Just the basics but she knew how to handle those. She could wish she was a cleric right now but she would not what she could to help. "Anyone here a cleric?" she asks.

They had been so shortly a group that she didn't know all their abilities except the most obvious physical ones and the ones they had demonstrated so far in batlle and while camping--not much to go on.


Posted on 2007-12-10 at 16:44:10.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


More treachery

Billy was just about to accept the aid offered when he noticed Riddle fall. The others were muttering something about him being like a stone. "Go see if you can help him, my wounds can wait." Billy motioned to wards Riddle. Then he knelt down to look at the spike on the dead horse-thing's leg. If his hunch was right there was poison on the spike.

Billy noticed the spike didn't look quite right, as it was hollow and dripped something. He rose and called to the others, "Careful, the spikes may be poisoned. Did Riddle perhaps get cut with one?" Having relayed the info he had, Billy took up a guard; watching for approaching danger.


Posted on 2007-12-12 at 03:33:37.
Edited on 2007-12-16 at 15:47:25 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Poison

As he is checking out the dead Nas'ir beast Billy also does and he seems to be interested in the hook claw on the back of the creature's hoof.Thor examines it closly trying to tell if it is hollow so it could inject poison or maybe they just tip them before they go out into battle.He will pull a cloth out of one of his pouchs and wipe off the back claws of the fallen Nas'ir.He will then see if he can discern anything about what if anything he manages to collect.

he will then offer the cloth to anyone who thinks they may be able to check it out and find a way to help Riddle.


Posted on 2007-12-15 at 13:04:59.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea started toward Billy when Riddle fell. She immediately changes direction a look over Riddle. If Riddle is not turned to stone and she thinks his condition was caused by poison, Alea will cut his wound and let the blood flow out, then bind it with a drawing poltice which she will make from mud.

If, indeed Riddle has been turned to stone, she can do nothing for him and will go back to Billy.

"Blessed Corellon, grace me with your healing power." intones Alea holding up her holy symbol and then cast Cure light wounds on Billy.

Then she will go back to Riddle and try to see if there is anything she can do about his condition.


Posted on 2007-12-16 at 01:44:27.
Edited on 2007-12-16 at 01:54:29 by Dragon Mistress

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A friendly face?

Location: Unknown
Date/Time: Unknown/Shortly after dawn

Billy grimaces in pain with each breath. If he hasn't broken a rib he has certainly cracked one. He will have to bind that to ease the pain in a few minutes. He makes his way to the last, dying horse-thing. After a short pause to ask his ancestors to guide his blade, he takes a mighty swing at the dying beasts neck intent on severing its spinal cord and ending its suffering. "Twas not right that the sneaky mage hit you while blind and defenseless. You are a warrior and should have found your end in honorable combat like your companion. I hope your gods understand and allow you to sit at the table of warriors. I place a curse upon your cowardly leader in your name for leaving you as he did to spare his own life." These words were said soft and low, after the creature has died.
The beast paused in it’s slow movements and turned it’s head towards the one speaking to it and seemed to nod slightly and seemed to wait patiently for the dead blow which ended it’s life. Billy’s powerful blow nearly severed the creature’s large head from it’s body. Its blackish blood soaked the ground as it lay still forever.

As he is speaking he is watching the rest for any signs that they agree or not with him when the ranger Riddle starts to step forward and suddenly pitches forward onto his face. Thor running forwards kneels down at his side and reaches for him. What sort of sorcery is this he is stiff and rigid like stone. Did anyone hear the leader casting any more spells before he ran off?
He takes his time and looking Riddle over for any signs of injury the only thing he can find is a small wound on one of his legs. Did anyone see him get this wound, it's fairly low for a sword strike and looks kind of jagged. Does anyone else feel funny in anyway?

Leaving Riddle's body he gets up and goes over to the beast he had struck last the one he nudged Siliwin away from and starts to look it over looking for how Riddle might have been injured.

Billy was just about to accept the aid offered when he noticed Riddle fall. The others were muttering something about him being like a stone. "Go see if you can help him, my wounds can wait." Billy motioned to wards Riddle. Then he knelt down to look at the spike on the dead horse-thing's leg. If his hunch was right there was poison on the spike.

Both Thor and Billy rush over to the creature that had been battling with Alea and Riddle and examined the large claw that extended from the back of the thing’s leg just above the hoof. The claw is a natural part of the beast and is found on each of the thing’s legs. It is a hard calcium like material similar to the hooves themselves only shaped like a claw curving downward. The tip does appear to be hollow and a drop of a dark moisture can be seen at the tip of the spike.

Billy noticed the metal didn't look quite right, as if it was coated with something. "bah, more cowardly tricks" he mutters to himself. He rose and called to the others, "Careful, the spikes may be poisoned from the look of the metal. Did Riddle perhaps get cut with one?" Having relayed the info he had, Billy took up a guard; watching for approaching danger.

As he is checking out the dead Nas'ir beast Billy also does and he seems to be interested in the hook claw on the back of the creature's hoof. Thor examines it closly trying to tell if it is hollow so it could inject poison or maybe they just tip them before they go out into battle.He will pull a cloth out of one of his pouchs and wipe off the back claws of the fallen Nas'ir.He will then see if he can discern anything about what if anything he manages to collect.

he will then offer the cloth to anyone who thinks they may be able to check it out and find a way to help Riddle.

Billy cried out his findings and Thor collected a small amount of the dark liquid on a cloth and showed it to the others. No one apparently can tell anything from the liquid by sight and can only guess it is some type of poison which seems to have struck Riddle down in only minutes.

Turning to Billy Siliwen hurries over to him with her first aid supplies such as she carried. Just the basics but she knew how to handle those. She could wish she was a cleric right now but she would not what she could to help. "Anyone here a cleric?" she asks.

They had been so shortly a group that she didn't know all their abilities except the most obvious physical ones and the ones they had demonstrated so far in batlle and while camping--not much to go on.

Alea started toward Billy when Riddle fell. She immediately changes direction a look over Riddle. If Riddle is not turned to stone and she thinks his condition was caused by poison, Alea will cut his wound and let the blood flow out, then bind it with a drawing poltice which she will make from mud.

If, indeed Riddle has been turned to stone, she can do nothing for him and will go back to Billy.

"Blessed Corellon, grace me with your healing power." intones Alea holding up her holy symbol and then cast Cure light wounds on Billy.

Then she will go back to Riddle and try to see if there is anything she can do about his condition.

Alea rushes over to Riddle and finds that while he is as rigid as stone his flesh still yields to her touch. He is stiff but doesn’t appear dead to her. His eyes are wide open and when she leans over him she notices that his eyes responded to the change in light when her body blocked the sun from his face. Looking at the dark liquid Thor shows her she can only guess it is a poison that maybe only incapacitates it’s victims. Riddle may not be in any danger, but then again it is only a guess. She administers to his wound which is found on his leg and applies the mud poultice to draw out some of the poison.

She goes over to Billy and with the blessing of Corellon she manages to heal his wounds somewhat though he can still feel that he needs further healing to be back to full strength (Minor Injury).

After Alea leaves him, Billy returns to his vigil over the group as the rest attempt to ascertain if they can do anything for Riddle. He spots something in the distance; a line of dust but not as pronounced as the one from when the Nas’ir. He sees what looks like a wagon draw by two horses headed their way.

(The party has time to prepare if they wish)

Soon a wagon draws near and on the wagon can be seen a man, a simple farmer by the looks of him. He is average height human dressed in simple peasant clothing wearing no weapons. His person and clothing are soiled as if he has already been about a hard days work all though the sun is barely up.

The man pulls up short of the group eyeing them warily yet curiously. His eyes take in the seen before him and seeing the dead Nas’ir he gasps, “By the gods!” His words are normal common though he has a slight accent which sounds almost like one would hear from sea faring folk. Looking over the party he seems to be deciding whether or not to speak; after a few seconds, having decided, he asks timidly, “Are you alright?”



Posted on 2007-12-16 at 03:41:33.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Aftermath

Alea, when she has done all she caan of Riddle goes back and does another Cure Light Wounds on Billy.

Afterwards she looks about to young trees or large saplings.
Having fought these creatures she realizes that spears would be of great use. So if she finds what is needed she will try to get about an 7-8 foot long straight piece, cut off the branches, then sharpen the end and the fire harden it.

When the dust is spotted she will continue to work quickly, until some can see the if is a wagon and not another group of beasts come back to try again.

As the wagon come to where they are, she will leave the crafting of her spear and approaches the wagon.

"Good sir, would you know of the poison of these beasts and how to counteract it?"


Posted on 2007-12-16 at 06:12:33.
Edited on 2007-12-16 at 19:40:49 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Visitors

Alea cast a quick spell upon Billy just as he was telling he to see to Riddle instead. He had to admit that he was glad she did as it no longer hurt to draw a breath. There was still some damage left but overall he felt much better. "Thank you Alea." he said as she hurried away. He listened as the others tended to their fallen companion. From what he gathered they found him still alive but unable to move. The poison had done its work; hopefully it was not deadly but just a paralytic. She did what she could for him and then returned to Billy and cast a second healing spell. "I believe that did the trick, I feel much better now. I seem to oft be in need of the services of such as you. I will do my best to see to it that you are always around at the end of a fight to fix me up. Just call for assistance if you need it during battle."

Once more the large fighter took up his watch. Soon Billy observed a column of dust in the distance, much smaller than the last time. 'I hope it is that cowardly leader returning.' he thought to himself. "We have visitors coming." he called out to the others. There was little to do but wait and see what approached. Soon a lone wagon came into view. The driver looked at them for a time before speaking, almost as if he wasn't exactly sure what to say. Apparently dead horse-things are not a common site judging from his reaction to seeing them. Alea inquired of the man if he knew anything of the poison. Billy simply kept one eye on the stranger and one on the horizon, who knew what else might yet appear.

OOC: I edited my post on inspecting the hoof so the wording worked with the actual findings.


Posted on 2007-12-16 at 15:45:23.
Edited on 2007-12-16 at 15:50:04 by Keeper of Dragons

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen Comforts Riddle

Siliwen stayed with Riddle as the others took care of what needed to be done for know.She covered him with her cloak and cradled his head off the ground and shielded his eyes.

“Fear not. We shall do our best for you and find someone who can help you.” Siliwen promises in a soft voice.

Af6ter the discovery of the poisoned claw on their legs she explains to Riddle what they think happened, “Apparently they have claws on their legs that are armed with poison, and that is what is affecting you. Be encouraged it does not seem to be getting any worse.”

Siliwen is concerned when the dust clouds rise again from the direction the Asir’s leader had fled too. Siliwen stays with Riddle as the other stand guard. She tells him what is happening. Though his body is paralyzed, she thinks that since his eyes still focus so he may still hear what is going on. She sure wouldn’t want to be left without hearing what is happening around him even though he can’t move.

“The dust has been raised by a wagon. The driver appears to be a simple farmer with no weapons visible. Billy, Thor and Alea are on guard." Siliwen continues her narration of events as they unfold. As the man drives up in his wagon, Siliwen does prepare another Magic Missile spell, just in case.

“He appears to be human, though he speaks the Common tongue with a slight accent that is unfamiliar to my ears. That is at least fortunate for us. He seems to be surprised by what he sees here. Alea is talking to him. Hopefully he can take you in his wagon to some place where we can get help for you.”

Siliwne now waits for answers. though she keeps Riddles head in her lap as she waits her hands are free. She does not think that this one man would proved to be a problem to the others


Posted on 2007-12-16 at 23:04:16.
Edited on 2007-12-17 at 00:06:12 by Brianna

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


New Visitor.

From their examination of the curved hook that the Nas'ir have it is found to be hollow and to emit some kind of dark liquid that they can only assume is some type of poison. From their carfull examination of Riddle it seems that the ranger is not dead but is incapacitated, and for how long is any ones guess.
So now they will need to travel but with one of them unable to ride or even sit atop his horse this was going to be somewhat more diffulcult. Thor Goes over to his war horse which he had named Lighting and begin to check the stallion over in preparations for them to pull out when Billy announces that there is someone else coming up the path towards them. “Great” he thinks to himself “now what”

This time he will be more prepared, he moves up to the top of the hill where the path ends and taking a broad stance pulls both of his weapons his war ax in his right hand and his morning star in his left.
He watches as a wagon pulled by two horses and driven by what looks like a simple farmer. The man in the wagon pulls up and survays the area. Looking at the characters and the carnage around them he speaks “By the gods!” “Are you alright?” He waits in place as Alea speaks to the man in the wagon.


Posted on 2007-12-17 at 12:30:04.
Edited on 2007-12-17 at 12:30:41 by Dragonmist

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A trip?

Riddle was scared; he couldn’t move a muscle, he couldn’t even close his eyes which we frozen wide open. He could hear the others talking over him and see them when they moved into his vision. He could feel when Alea tended to the wound on his leg; the wound from the claw of the creature, filled with a poison which paralyzed him completely. Well at least he wasn’t dead but how long would he be paralyzed? He could feel Silawen hold his head as he lay there and talk to him comfortingly. He appreciated her words and attention; it helped to qualm his fear of being like this until he died of thirst or starvation.

After doing all she could for Riddle, Alea went back to Billy once again and with the Blessing of Corellion she healed him again and except for some sore ribs he felt complete well.

Alea then went and found a sapling suitable to her purpose; there were a few but they were widely scattered. She cut one down and sharpened the end and had just made a fire and the end in the fire to harden it.

Billy yelled out, "We have visitors coming." Thor stands ready with weapons in hand as the rider came to a stop.

The man pulls up short of the group eyeing them warily yet curiously. His eyes take in the seen before him and seeing the dead Nas’ir he gasps, “By the gods!” His words are normal common though he has a slight accent which sounds almost like one would hear from sea faring folk. Looking over the party he seems to be deciding whether or not to speak; after a few seconds, having decided, he asks timidly, “Are you alright?”

As the wagon come to where they are, Alea will leave the crafting of her spear and approaches the wagon. "Good sir, would you know of the poison of these beasts and how to counteract it?"
He looks around at the group hesitant at the large hulking form of Billy and the shorter but well armed and no less dangerous looking Thor and seems to be wondering if he should turn and run. But the words Alea spoke seemed to calm his fears somewhat and he hopped off his wagon. He was middle aged but still spry in his walk as he came over towards the group; his gaze passing over the dead creatures on the ground. “The Nas’ir… “ he stopped and glanced around as if afraid at saying their name would cause one to appear. He looked down at Riddle being held by Silawen his eyes compassionate for the man’s plight. He shook his head, “I am sorry but I don’t know anything about poisons but there is one in the town that might be able to help.”

He looked up at all of them and with a faint smile he said, “My name is Ben Alscok and I was on my way to Northpoint and would be glad to take your wounded friend in my wagon.” He looked around warily at them, still not sure what to make of them. “The town is not far and their may be somewhere there who can help you.”

He started to move back towards the wagon, “Come.. bring your friend and I will take you.” He will gesture them to follow him.

(Assuming the party goes)

If they take him up on his offer, once they gather their things and load up Riddle in the wagon, which holds several boxes covered with tarps. He will lead them with the wagon up back down the trail as the sun climbs higher in the sky. Soon they reach a small road and he turns right and sticks to the road. Ben will engage them in conversation if they ask him anything. He seems very friendly and helpful though he still doesn’t know what to make of this strange group.

He will tell them that it is about an hour to Northpoint, the nearest town, “It isn’t much but it is the closest you will find around here.”

(Room for questions and conversation)



Posted on 2007-12-17 at 15:54:33.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"I thank you for the offer," Alea nods and smiles to the man to allay his fears. Billy, Thor, will you please lay Riddle in the wagon. Silwen, keep his face in the shade or the sun will blind him, I will get something to create a shade over his face."

Alea goes over to her horse and pulls a blanket out of her saddle pack. She returns with it and hands it to Silwen to arrange as she goes back to get the spear she had started to fashion and lays it in the wagon.


Posted on 2007-12-17 at 18:26:27.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Seems nice enough

Billy helped place Riddle in teh wagon and then walked alongside the wagon on the trip. As they traveled, Billy asked a question of the man. "What are those horse-things? They acted like we owed them something or that they were superior to us in some way."


Posted on 2007-12-17 at 20:25:49.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea goes to her horse, saddles and bridles him and then she tacks up Silwean's mount and puts the halter over the bridle to lead it while Silwen stays with Riddle to comfort him and keep his eyes shielded from the sun.

When Billy get his answers she asks, "I wonder who is the Na'sir's Master that they mentioned?"


Posted on 2007-12-18 at 19:52:10.
Edited on 2007-12-21 at 00:51:01 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Introductions


As Riddle was carried to the back of the wagon Siliwen remember a saying she once hear that adversity brought to light the fraternity of strangers. It certainly had in their case. Hurrying to her saddle bags she takes out a warm winter blanket and fold it like a pad for Riddle's body to rest on. Siliwen hastened to the wagon to spread out the blanket before Riddle was laid in the wagon, Climbing in with him she settles down beside him.

"I am Siliwen, my injured comrade is Riddle." She say to the driver, "You are very kind to help total strnangers. We had only recently arrived in this area and were suprised when we were attack by these creatures who called themselves Na'sir. Everything seemed to be okay until our friend fell stiff as a board. We discovered their poisoned claw, but do not know what to do about this poison as we are unfamiliar with it."


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 01:12:34.
Edited on 2007-12-21 at 04:48:46 by Brianna

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.