The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members: t_catt11
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by t_catt11)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A trip inyo town

When the wagon stops and it can be seen the driver looks to be a farmer of sorts Thor relaxes and he puts his weapons away.
When he is stop Alea approaches him and asks "Good sir, would you know of the poison of these beasts and how to counteract it?" The man shakes his head “I am sorry but I don’t know anything about poisons but there is one in the town that might be able to help.”After that he introduces himself.“My name is Ben Alscok and I was on my way to Northpoint and would be glad to take your wounded friend in my wagon.”
Since they really have no other choice they take the man up on his offer.Thor along with billy carry Riddle to the wagon and lie his body in the back while Siliwen continues to take care of him.Since she will be riding in the wagon Thor will go and retrieve her horse and then rig it up to the back of the wagon so it will follow them.
Once it seems all are ready he will go to his own horse "Lighting" and taking his time he will talk to and in his own fashion reassure his mount that things are alright.He will rub the war horse along his neck and speak softly into the stallions ear.As he is doing this he takes the time to make a quick check of all his items and it does seem that whatever brought them here was thourgh for all his equipment seemed to be here and intact.
Mounting his horse he rides up to the man and his wagon.
Well met stranger my name is Thordinal oldest born son in clan Ironfists.We are indebted for your kindness and offer of help.The first ones we met here where not so friendly.So as they pull out he will allow his mount to walk by the side of the wagon so he may continue to chat with the driver.
So good sir this town you called Northpoint could you maybe tell us a little more about it.Such as what type of shops we may find, if there are any inns or places where we may take lodging?
Finished speaking to the driver Thor will slow his horse down and drop back to ride near the back where he may speak with Alea and Siliwen in the back of the wagon.( a quick description of a dwarf's beard As he rides along his short dark brown hair is curled on his head but his other more obvious hair his beard is long down to about where his belly button would be.The thick dark hair is twisted into three braids each braided quite tight.There are both metal and gemstone decorations in his beard.The bottom of each braid is held by a brightly polished gold ring.At the very top of each braid closest to his chin is another larger polished gold ring.Then directly in the middle of each braid there is a gem stone a different one for each braid.Middle one is a sapphire, left a emerald, right a ruby.Each stone is large enough for a skilled dwarven jeweler to have cut out the middle of the gem so he could run the braids through the gem.They are all highly polished and will be reflecting any sunlight) Now that we have a brief moment to relax it might be a good idea for us to get to know each other a little better and maybe learn a little about each of our skills, since it looks like we may be doing some fighting together. I can actually do more than distract a foe by sitting on my rump Thor chuckles at his own embarrassment, flashing a smile at the two ladies.I think it is obvious that I do most of my fighting toe to toe and up close and from what I saw I think Billy does also.Maybe you both could give us at least a little idea of what you feel your best fighting skills are, if I am not being to forward, and if I am please forgive a gruff dwarf.From that point on Thor rides in silence waiting to see if any of his questions are answered.
As they make their way to the town of Northpoint Thor will make a mental map to the best of his ability of any other roads,or trails he sees that cross or split from the one they are on, he will also note any landmarks that he can such as rock outcrops, thick woods off in the distance, ponds, rivers, you get the idea.


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 13:03:23.
Edited on 2007-12-21 at 13:20:21 by Dragonmist

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


NorthPoint - Arrival

Location: Road to Northpoint
Date/Time: Unknown/Early Morning

I thank you for the offer," Alea nods and smiles to the man to allay his fears. Billy, Thor, will you please lay Riddle in the wagon. Silwen, keep his face in the shade or the sun will blind him, I will get something to create a shade over his face."

Alea goes over to her horse and pulls a blanket out of her saddle pack. She returns with it and hands it to Silwen to arrange as she goes back to get the spear she had started to fashion and lays it in the wagon.

Ben nodded and smiled to Alea’s friendly words and held the horses still while the group put Riddle’s stiff body in the wagon. He got on the seat and held the horse reins waiting while the group gathered there horses.

Billy helped place Riddle in the wagon and then walked alongside the wagon on the trip. As they traveled, Billy asked a question of the man. "What are those horse-things? They acted like we owed them something or that they were superior to us in some way."
Ben seemed to shutter when Billy asked him the question, “Those are the Nas’ir .. we do not speak of them.. they are evil and they kill most people that encounter them.” He glanced around from his wagon seat looking for sign that they might return.

Alea goes to her horse, saddles and bridles him and then she tacks up Silwean's mount and puts the halter over the bridle to lead it while Silwen stays with Riddle to comfort him and keep his eyes shielded from the sun.

When Billy get his answers she asks, "I wonder who is the Na'sir's Master that they mentioned?"

Ben waits nervously as the others are gathering their things and load them in the wagon or their mounts. He gasped at Alea’s words, “The Dark One!” He made a strange gesture in the air and over his heart, looking like a charm to ward off evil, “we do NOT speak of him… his name is known only to a few and those few speak his name only at their peril.” He seemed really anxious to leave now.

As Riddle was carried to the back of the wagon Siliwen remember a saying she once hear that adversity brought to light the fraternity of strangers. It certainly had in their case. Hurrying to her saddle bags she takes out a warm winter blanket and fold it like a pad for Riddle's body to rest on. Siliwen hastened to the wagon to spread out the blanket before Riddle was laid in the wagon, Climbing in with him she settles down beside him.

"I am Siliwen, my injured comrade is Riddle." She say to the driver, "You are very kind to help total strangers. We had only recently arrived in this area and were surprised when we were attack by these creatures who called themselves Na'sir. Everything seemed to be okay until our friend fell stiff as a board. We discovered their poisoned claw, but do not know what to do about this poison as we are unfamiliar with it."

Ben smiled when Siliwen spoke, but his smile faded when she spoke of the poison, “I know little of poisons but I have seen the effect of the Nas’ir’s leg spike before. It paralyses it’s victims and if left untreated the person will die…. I am sorry!” he said sadly as he looked down at Riddle in the wagon, “Maybe someone in the town can help you.”

When the wagon stops and it can be seen the driver looks to be a farmer of sorts Thor relaxes and he puts his weapons away.

Since they really have no other choice they take the man up on his offer. Thor along with Billy carries Riddle to the wagon and lie his body in the back while Siliwen continues to take care of him. Since she will be riding in the wagon Thor will go and retrieve her horse and then rig it up to the back of the wagon so it will follow them.

Once it seems all are ready he will go to his own horse "Lighting" and taking his time he will talk to and in his own fashion reassure his mount that things are alright. He will rub the war horse along his neck and speak softly into the stallion’s ear. As he is doing this he takes the time to make a quick check of all his items and it does seem that whatever brought them here was thorough for all his equipment seemed to be here and intact.

Mounting his horse he rides up to the man and his wagon.

As soon as they were ready he gave the horses a brisk, “HEYAW!” And off they went down the trail until they reached a small road where he turns right and sticks to the road. “It is about an hour to Northpoint… if we make it.” He says, the last part a faint whisper as his eyes scan the area around them for trouble.

Well met stranger my name is Thordinal oldest born son in clan Ironfists. We are indebted for your kindness and offer of help. The first ones we met here where not so friendly. So as they pull out he will allow his mount to walk by the side of the wagon so he may continue to chat with the driver.

So good sir this town you called Northpoint could you maybe tell us a little more about it. Such as what type of shops we may find, if there are any inns or places where we may take lodging?

Ben turned from his driving to nod to the dwarf with a weary eye; something about the dwarf seemed to make the driver a bit more apprehensive, “Northpoint is a small town, not much there but farmers but they do have some shops, one Tavern and Inn where you can find lodging.” He goes back to watching the roads and doesn’t look at Thor again unless spoken too.

Finished speaking to the driver Thor will slow his horse down and drop back to ride near the back where he may speak with Alea and Siliwen in the back of the wagon (a quick description of a dwarf's beard As he rides along his short dark brown hair is curled on his head but his other more obvious hair his beard is long down to about where his belly button would be. The thick dark hair is twisted into three braids each braided quite tight. There are both metal and gemstone decorations in his beard. The bottom of each braid is held by a brightly polished gold ring. At the very top of each braid closest to his chin is another larger polished gold ring. Then directly in the middle of each braid there is a gem stone a different one for each braid. Middle one is a sapphire, left a emerald, right a ruby. Each stone is large enough for a skilled dwarven jeweler to have cut out the middle of the gem so he could run the braids through the gem. They are all highly polished and will be reflecting any sunlight) Now that we have a brief moment to relax it might be a good idea for us to get to know each other a little better and maybe learn a little about each of our skills, since it looks like we may be doing some fighting together. I can actually do more than distract a foe by sitting on my rump Thor chuckles at his own embarrassment, flashing a smile at the two ladies. I think it is obvious that I do most of my fighting toe to toe and up close and from what I saw I think Billy does also. Maybe you both could give us at least a little idea of what you feel your best fighting skills are, if I am not being to forward, and if I am please forgive a gruff dwarf. From that point on Thor rides in silence waiting to see if any of his questions are answered.

As they make their way to the town of Northpoint Thor will make a mental map to the best of his ability of any other roads, or trails he sees that cross or split from the one they are on, he will also note any landmarks that he can such as rock outcrops, thick woods off in the distance, ponds, rivers, you get the idea.

Thor doesn’t find many land marks along the way, only a few wooded areas and some rock outcroppings of which to take notice; mostly just open plains of grass.


Location: Northpoint
Date/Time: Unknown/Early Morning

About an hour later they crest a small rise and see the Town of Northpoint. Sure enough it is like Ben said a small town of a handful of buildings surrounded by farmhouses and fields. It is early morning when the group rides into town and several people are about on the street.

Most people stop and stare at the strange group as they pass. Ben rides the wagon up to a single story building which looks like a Tavern/Inn with a brightly painted sign out front. The sign has two well painted pictures showing a small horse drinking ale and then the same horse strewn across a bed apparently sleeping one off. The artist obviously has talent as the sign is colorful and eye-catching to anyone who looks at it.

“WHOA!” Ben yells to the horse hauling on the reins, once stopped he turns to the group, “This here is ‘The Carousing Pony’ the Best Inn in town, well the only inn in town,” he smiles. “You can get lodging here and ask the Inn keeper, his name is Tyr Svetorf, about help for your friend, tell him what happened and then mention that I brought you in,” he gestures at Riddle, “Best hurry, no telling how much time he has left.”

As they dismount or offload from the wagon they get a look at the rest of the town.

- Across the street from The Carousing Pony, they see a square building with a sign out front showing a Sword and Shield.

- Next to that building they see a mercantile, obvious from the goods sitting outside and the wagons nearby.

- At the end of town is a long building that has a large sign that says ‘Northpoint Town Hall’.

- Coming back up their side of the street they see a small building with smoke billowing from the chimney. The sound of a hammer pounding on metal announces the presence of the town Blacksmith.

- Between the Blacksmith and the Tavern is a stable with a fenced in pen behind it with a couple of horses grazing there.

Northpoint

After they have offloaded Riddle and said their farewells, Ben will pull the wagon away and stop over at the Mercantile while they go inside the Inn.

When they walk inside ‘The Carousing Pony” they see a typical common room for a Tavern with about 5 round tables and a bar that will seat about 8 patrons. Inside they see only three patrons at the moment all at the bar. A large man wearing an apron stands behind the bar laughing at something one of the men at the bar said; he looks up and frowns seeing this strange group enter hauling a body.

“Hear now!” the bartender says coming about the bar towards them, “what be going on here?” His tone is not menacing but it carries a note of concern. He is a large human male with large muscles despite his elderly years (appears to he in his 50s) with several scars on his arms and one on his left cheek. He is a man who apparently has seen some action in the past.


Posted on 2007-12-22 at 00:34:07.
Edited on 2007-12-22 at 00:36:10 by YeOlde

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


Goings on indeed

"Hello. We are looking for help for our friend. He was injured by one of those horse-man things. Seems to be all stiff from poison. Ben brought us here and said maybe you could help." The rumble in Bily's stomach reminded him of another need. "Perhaps brakfast would be a good thing as well."


Posted on 2007-12-22 at 13:46:29.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


First look at Northpoint

Ben the driver of the wagon tells Thor a little about the upcoming town but seems apprehensive, so Thor doesn't stay up front and moves to the back. After speaking briefly with the others he concentrates on trying to remember as much of the layout of the land as possible. However Thor doesn’t find many land marks along the way, only a few wooded areas and some rock outcroppings of which to take notice; mostly just open plains of grass.

Finally they crest a small rise and the town of Northpoint comes into view and it is a small one consisting of only 6 buildings, but it does seem to have the estenicels. The strange group brings stares from anyone on the street as they pass but now they must find help for Riddle. Ben pulls up in front of the only inn in town.Ben yells to the horse hauling on the reins, once stopped he turns to the group, “This here is ‘The Carousing Pony’ the Best Inn in town, well the only inn in town,” “You can get lodging here and ask the Inn keeper, his name is Tyr Svetorf, about help for your friend, tell him what happened and then mention that I brought you in,” “Best hurry, no telling how much time he has left.”
With that Thor jumps off his horse and quickly ties it to whatever there is and going around the wagon he grabs Riddle out of the wagon and follows the rest into the tavern.When they walk inside ‘The Carousing Pony” they see a typical common room for a Tavern with about 5 round tables and a bar that will seat about 8 patrons. Inside they see only three patrons at the moment all at the bar. Thor will take Riddle to one of the tables and lie him as best as he can across the thing. Then he follows Billy as he approaches the human bar keep and speaks to him.Hello. We are looking for help for our friend. He was injured by one of those horse-man things. Seems to be all stiff from poison. Ben brought us here and said maybe you could help." Thor decides to back up Billy's statements and add a couple of his own. He figures that humans here are most likely the same as where they are from and love the sound of money. Yes sir those strange beasts just attacked us out of nowhere. Our friend was grievously injured when the man called Ben Alscok came along with his wagon and offered help. As my friend here has said he told us we might find help for him here or you would know where we may find help, and of course we are more than able to pay for any services we may require.


Posted on 2007-12-23 at 11:39:09.
Edited on 2007-12-23 at 11:42:20 by Dragonmist

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Some Help Please-Misunderstanding in reading my posts

OOC:Removed Post.

Removed post If bar keep had answered us that we had to leave at once to take Riddle somewhere else Would not have assummed we had to wait here for someone to come only wanted to make everyone comfortable while we waited.If you read my posts you will normally find an if-then wrote in if this happens then this is what I do if not that can be ignored and the other option is done. I do admitt I get ahead sometimes but that is why I post in that form If the bar keep did this then I did that if not I do this. sorry if it's confusing or hard to distinguish what I mean.Will attempt to keep my posts along with the others and not get ahead.


Posted on 2007-12-26 at 13:42:28.
Edited on 2007-12-31 at 11:29:55 by Dragonmist

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siliwen waits for the others to come and pick up Riddle before she gets out of the wagon. Taking up her blanket and folding it neatly. She turns to Alera, "Perhaps you can get the horses stabled while the men carry Riddle in, would you mind?" Siliwen hurries to take her saddle bags off her mount, perhaps she can see if any of her herbs or medicinals may help Riddle.

Siliwen then follows Thor and Billy into the inn. Once inside they move to set Riddle down on a table she hurries to lay out the blanket to give Riddle some comfort.

Quickly Siliwen proceeds to check Riddle out and see how he is doing as compared to earlier. She has monitored him throughout the trip but the bumpy ride made it hard for to her to detect any real change in his condition.

With a gently hand on Riddle's shoulder she tells him, "We have arrived at a town ane are trying to get you help." Siliwen hopes he can at least hear her if not at least feel the gently pressure of her hand as she sought to comfort him.


Posted on 2007-12-30 at 03:52:05.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea takes the horses to the stables. The the stableman she gives instructions, "Please, loosen their girths, and give then water and a light feeding of grain. I do not know how long we will be here."

This done she takes her saddlebags and goes back to see what she can do for Riddle.


Posted on 2007-12-30 at 05:08:00.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Help indeed...

Location: Northpoint
Date/Time: Unknown/Early Morning

"Hello. We are looking for help for our friend. He was injured by one of those horse-man things. Seems to be all stiff from poison. Ben brought us here and said maybe you could help." The rumble in Bily's stomach reminded him of another need. "Perhaps brakfast would be a good thing as well."
The Large barkeep pauses when Billy mentions the Nas’ir, “Aye.. Their poison is nasty and can kill in time.” Wiping his hands on a towel he turns and heads back to the bar as he yells out, “Helg… come out front.” He takes his apron off as he steps behind the bar. A swinging door next to the bar opens and a large plump woman comes out, “What be the racket?”

She spies the body of Riddle laying on the table, “What’s this?.. Ya cant be laying on me tables now… we got beds for that?” Before any of the party can speak the barkeep interrupts her as he heads back towards the party, “Hush now! They were attacked on the road. I need to take the injured man to see the old woman.” His voice betraying some apprehension about their destination, “You keep the bar while I am gone.”

His wife stammers at him, “You no business going to see that old witch, just tell them where her place be and they can take him.” The barkeep shook his head as he came over to Riddle. “There may not be much time.. don’t worry I wont go in. Just do as your told woman.”

With that Thor jumps off his horse and quickly ties it to whatever there is and going around the wagon he grabs Riddle out of the wagon and follows the rest into the tavern.When they walk inside ‘The Carousing Pony” they see a typical common room for a Tavern with about 5 round tables and a bar that will seat about 8 patrons. Inside they see only three patrons at the moment all at the bar. Thor will take Riddle to one of the tables and lie him as best as he can across the thing. Then he follows Billy as he approaches the human bar keep and speaks to him.Hello. We are looking for help for our friend. He was injured by one of those horse-man things. Seems to be all stiff from poison. Ben brought us here and said maybe you could help." Thor decides to back up Billy's statements and add a couple of his own. He figures that humans here are most likely the same as where they are from and love the sound of money. Yes sir those strange beasts just attacked us out of nowhere. Our friend was grievously injured when the man called Ben Alscok came along with his wagon and offered help. As my friend here has said he told us we might find help for him here or you would know where we may find help, and of course we are more than able to pay for any services we may require.

Once finished speaking with the man from behind the bar Thor will, while waiting for the human to say if there is help to be found, speak to the rest of the group. I know we need to get help for Riddle as quickly as we can and I will see to it, but we must also keep our own stregnth up so I suggest we grab a second table there and also refresh ourselves.

Turning back to the bar keep I am quite sorry sir in our rush to find help for our friend I have forgotten my manners, extending his right hand towards the human My name is Thor good sir, the rather large fellow there is Billy, the two lagies are Alea and Silwen and our wounded friend is Riddle.Now what do you say about help for our friend.

Thor walks over to the table he laid Riddle on and where Silwen is probally still cradling his head.Reaching to the next nearest table Thor will (unless it is fastened to the floor)pull it up next to the table with Riddle. then to the rest of the group Please lets all sit and relax while we wait for help I am going to order up some food and drink we can all use it.
Once again he speaks with the bar keep. While we wait for help the rest of our group needs food and drink do you have a server who may help us.

if the answer to the server is yes Thor will wait for him,her to come if the answer is no he will speak to the bar keep either way here is his speach. our group is quite hungrey and parched being new in town I don't know your menu maybe you could just see that each of us gets a good meal of what you usually serve at this time of day or whatever you think is your best meal. I would also like a large mug of your best ale and then each of the others you will have to ask what they drink.Then just to make sure they believe they can pay for all he is asking for Thor will reach into his hidden money pouch and retriving a gold piece press it into the hand of whomever he is now speaking with, either a server or the bar keep himself. Just a little token of our appreciation. So please get some help for our friend as fast as you can and then bring us some food and drink I thank you. With that he will go up to where Riddle is lying on the table and place his hands over the mans chest to see if he can tell how deeply he is breathing from the rise and fall of his chest.While doing that he looks back over his shoulder at Billy. Hey Billy there is nothing more you can do right noe at least untill some help arrives He hope that the bar tender is either sending someone to get help from nearby or knows someone here in the inn that can help and is getting them. Why don't you come over here and pull up a seat and take some weight off those tired feet of yours a good breakfast will do wonders for the way your feeling right now. Now depending on what the bar tender has done since Thor has spoken with him If they could see him speak with anyone and then see that person leave he will assume he has sent for help and will also relax and take a seat by Riddle. If the bar keep has only dissappeared say into a back room or such Thor will try to stay with or at least as close to him as he may he won't try to follow him into private areas of the inn or anything like that. If he has gone into the back or some other room Thor will go and stand at the bar itself and wait for his return. Also if a server has appeared to take their order and he is at the bar he will order a mug of ale at the bar also, and wait.

Helg nods to their request for food and drink she moves to the bar as she yells out, “Lyssa, Sara, come out and help we have hungry guests.” Two young and very attractive women exit from the kitchen, one goes to the bar to take drinks as the woman Helg pours them and the other woman comes to the table to take their food orders, “I am Lyssa, we has some fresh venison, spiced potatoes, vegetables, fresh bread and honey.”


Siliwen waits for the others to come and pick up Riddle before she gets out of the wagon. Taking up her blanket and folding it neatly. She turns to Alera, "Perhaps you can get the horses stabled while the men carry Riddle in, would you mind?" Siliwen hurries to take her saddle bags off her mount, perhaps she can see if any of her herbs or medicinals may help Riddle.

Siliwen then follows Thor and Billy into the inn. Once inside they move to set Riddle down on a table she hurries to lay out the blanket to give Riddle some comfort.

Quickly Siliwen proceeds to check Riddle out and see how he is doing as compared to earlier. She has monitored him throughout the trip but the bumpy ride made it hard for to her to detect any real change in his condition.

With a gently hand on Riddle's shoulder she tells him, "We have arrived at a town ane are trying to get you help." Siliwen hopes he can at least hear her if not at least feel the gently pressure of her hand as she sought to comfort him.

Silawen finds Riddle unchanged, he still appears to be breathing, as anyone who checks him closely can tell, though it is shallow and slow and it worries her. Though she doesn’t get any response from him when she speaks and touches him, she gets the impression that he can feel and hear her and is comforted by her actions. She can only guess at how scary it would be to be paralyzed like this and perhaps close to death.

Alea takes the horses to the stables. The the stableman she gives instructions, "Please, loosen their girths, and give then water and a light feeding of grain. I do not know how long we will be here."

This done she takes her saddlebags and goes back to see what she can do for Riddle.

Alea finds the stable boy who takes their horses and ties them up, he listens intently to her directions and nods. “It will be a silver a horse,” he says, “more if you be staying longer.” He starts to tend to the horses while she heads inside. She arrives just in time to watch as a large man talks to the group.

“You will have to carry your friend,” the barkeep says to Billy and gestures to Silawen and seeing Alea walk up he nods to her as well, “you two should comes two.” Looking at Thor ordering food and drink he adds, “Your dwarf friend should stay and eat since his stomach seems more important than his friend here.”

“Bring him!” He motions to Billy and heads out the front door of the tavern.

(Assuming that Billy carries Riddle with anyone else who goes along.)

Heading down the stairs into the street he leads them straight across and past the building with the Sign out from with a Sword and Shield, in the window they see suits of armor and weapons on display.

He hurries them past the building and up a small trail through the grass, a trail that angles aaway from town and towards a corpse of twisted trees several hundred feet from town. They notice that none of the farmhouse around the town are close to these trees and the plowed farmlands go around this area as well.

He is rushing so fast that none of them have a chance to ask him anything before they reach these trees. He stops short of them and stands their looking silently. When the group reach him they see the trees are tightly packed together, almost as if they are growing out of one another. Their branches all intertwined, their roots mingling, they cant at first see a way through it.

The barkeep finds his voice, “Through their you will find the old woman… she has a cure for the Nas’ir venom… she has helped others here before.” His voice is filled with trepidation and trembles slightly.

“Be warned… she is strange and she has magic… many here call her a witch.. But she helps many and harms no one who doesn’t deserve it.” He points towards the woods. “You will find a trail just there.. Follow it to her cabin.” He turns to leave them, but stops and adds, “Speak before you enter though.. Otherwise she might be in a foul mood.” He grins slightly, “Come back to the pony when you are done.” He leaves.

Approaching the spot he pointed to they do find a trail that winds back into the woods and following it slowly it leads to a clearing in the center. The light of day shines down through the clearing and brightens the area showing a small cabin surrounded by growing plants. As they draw closer they see all manner of strange plants and herbs, some unrecognizable and strange to look upon.

The Cabin has two windows in the front and a single door, and smoke rises slowly from the only chimney to one side. It is dead silent in the clearing, no wind, no birds or insect sounds greet them. Only the sound of their feet upon the green sward greets their ears as they approach the cabin.




Posted on 2007-12-31 at 05:22:28.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Visit to a Witch Doctor.

OOC: Please see post I Removed Post was not understood correctly.

Bic:When the bar keep calls out his wife and tells her that he is going to be taking us to see someone he calls old woman. The group knows at once they will be leaving to get help for Riddle at that point all thought of anything else is gone except getting help for their new friend.
He hurries them past the building and up a small trail through the grass, a trail that angles away from town and towards a corpse of twisted trees several hundred feet from town. They notice that none of the farmhouse around the town are close to these trees and the plowed farmlands go around this area as well. He is rushing so fast that none of them have a chance to ask him anything before they reach these trees. He stops short of them and stands their looking silently. When the group reach him they see the trees are tightly packed together, almost as if they are growing out of one another. Their branches all intertwined, their roots mingling, they cant at first see a way through it.

Now the bar keep speaks “Through their you will find the old woman… she has a cure for the Nas’ir venom… she has helped others here before.” “Be warned… she is strange and she has magic… many here call her a witch.. But she helps many and harms no one who doesn’t deserve it.” Then pointing to a spot just beyond the trees, “You will find a trail just there.. Follow it to her cabin.” “Speak before you enter though.. Otherwise she might be in a foul mood.” He grins and turns to leave them adding “Come back to the pony when you are done.”
So following the trail pointed out to them they wind their way through the twisted trees where they come upon a clearing where the sun is shinning down showing a small cabin surrounded by growing plants. As the party makes their way into the clearing and towards the cabin Thor being a Dwarf can't help but feel a little nervous as most Dwarves are a little suspicious of magic.Speaking in a hushed voice to the two ladies Would you like me to call out for the lady, or do you think a less gruff voice would be better? As they stand now basically at the cabins front door he waits for an answer.




Posted on 2007-12-31 at 12:20:50.
Edited on 2007-12-31 at 12:22:13 by Dragonmist

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


A witch!?

Billy listens to the barkeep and does as he is asked. After picking up Riddle he follows along. The trip is a quick one. Soon the group arrives at a clump of trees and is told that the one who can help them is a witch. Billy gently lays Riddle on the ground at his feet. The large man appeared to be deep in thought and he occasionally scratched his head. In his mind he struggled with the choice. He just heard the barkeep name the person they sought a magic using witch. His new friend needed help or he would die. Only the witch could save him. What to do? After several moments, Billy spoke. "Tis as far as I go; my father warned me against magic and so far his advice has been good. I will not go into the house of a witch." Billy looked at the barkeep whose face seemed to show that he also had no good thoughts about the one he brought them to see. "If you wish I will wait here for your return or I can return to the inn and wait there."



Posted on 2007-12-31 at 15:15:22.
Edited on 2007-12-31 at 15:16:31 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Witch Doctor

When Billy falters at the edge of the woods not wanting to go any farther Thor can understand his being uncomfortable with magic and those that use it but he is surprised to find his feelings are so strong that he won't continue. From the way he is dressed and from his actions Thor is pretty sure he is from some Barbarian tribe from their home world, and perhaps Thor is mistaken but he though most tribes had at the least Shaman who did healings and such. thor will approach Billy and speak with him.

I understand your feelings of unease with those who use magic, for I am not entirely at ease myself, but let me ask you does your tribe not have Shaman or healers that use their powers to help those in the tribe who need help.This woman would be no more than that. Along with the fact that she lives so close to the village even though the people seem uneasy I don't believe there to be any danger. However if you feel strongly about not proceeding I will take Riddle from here and proceed with the two ladies. {[IF Billy decides not to proceed Thor will take Riddle and then proceed as in previous post up to the cottage and then ask who should call out.])OR ([IF Billy decides to proceed then go right to previous post at cottage waiting to call out.])


Posted on 2008-01-03 at 10:40:35.
Edited on 2008-01-03 at 10:51:51 by Dragonmist

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


A healer?

Billy listened as his new dwarf friend spoke of healers and asked if his tribe didn't have such people. "Hmm, well I am not from a tribe per say. At least not that I know of but my village was only a day's walk from another village that had a healer. She was an old woman, well versed in plants and potions. We would visit her on occasion when we were sick or injured but would never have dreamed of calling her a witch. Such are evil folks who cast spells and hexes. Perhaps the one we seek is more of a healer; it would make sense as you say. I will go a bit further and make my final decision once we arrive at her house. If she is a healer then all is well and perhaps she can take a quick look at my side after she helps Riddle." Billy picks Riddle back up and gets ready to go.



Posted on 2008-01-03 at 14:20:22.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen has not thoughts of food at this time. Riddle weel being is her primary concern. To all of this she figures otherwise the whole reason for them being her might be lost is his life were lost. She follows the man out know Billy is well capable of carrying him and with thor there too she has no worries concerning that matter. The man's trepidation about approaching this woman abode became even more clearly evident as the distance diminished to her place. He couldn't wait to get away from here. By his own words he had said that the woman never hurt anyone that didn't deserve it so she felt quite safe is moving forward as quickly as possible through the trail that quad ally revealed the woman's cabin. Her quick steps carry her along a twisting path through the enveloping trees.

Siliwen moves forward once the group sees the cabin. “ Thank you Billy and Thor, but I would like to try first as one user of magic to another and as a female.” Siliwen steps forward until she is about ten feet from the door.

"Wise One, we need your help. Our friend was poison by a Nas’ir’s kick. We know not what to do for him. He must survive, it so crucial to our mission. By the powers that bind us, all I say is true and time is of the essence." All-be-it their unknown mission, she thinks, sighs and waits for a response.


Posted on 2008-01-06 at 07:33:24.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea stays back and watches Riddle, anwhile she keeps half an eye of Silinwyn. She will not draw on Corellon's Diving Power, not wanting the upset the unknown balance of power in this place.


All she can do is watch and wait. If the Gods wanted them here to fight the Master of the Na'sir then it was up to the gods to see they survived to do so.


Posted on 2008-01-07 at 00:57:27.
Edited on 2008-01-07 at 03:21:28 by Dragon Mistress

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Cabin...

Siliwen moves forward once the group sees the cabin. “ Thank you Billy and Thor, but I would like to try first as one user of magic to another and as a female.” Siliwen steps forward until she is about ten feet from the door.

"Wise One, we need your help. Our friend was poison by a Nas’ir’s kick. We know not what to do for him. He must survive, it so crucial to our mission. By the powers that bind us, all I say is true and time is of the essence." All-be-it their unknown mission, she thinks, sighs and waits for a response.

The glade is quiet for a few long seconds then the door to the cabin opens and someone steps into the doorway to look up the group. The party looks upon a old human woman, her age is hard to tell as she looks to be anywhere from 60-90. She is dressed in a plain homespun dress of brown with green leaves of some kind sown into the shoulders. Her hair is long, shockingly white and wild looking. She squints out into the clearing her grey eyes taking in the scene.

“Well..” she says, her voice soft and frail sounding, “..Wise one eh?” She grins slightly then adds, “You must not be from around here I take it.”

She steps out of the cabin and approaches the group slowly with a slight limp. She doesn’t seem afraid of them, just slow in movement. She approaches Billy who is still holding Riddle’s still form.

“Nas’ir you say?” She says as she looks at Riddle and reaches out a hand and touches his face.

Nodding she turns back to the cabin, “Bring him inside and I can help him.”

She pauses at the doorway and looks at Billy and Thor knowingly, “Don’t worry, I’m a healer and besides I am much to small to hurt this behemoth.” She gestures with her head at Billy and chuckles.

“Come on..he doesn’t have much time.” Turning she goes inside the cabin.

(Assuming all of the party enters the cabin)

Upon entering the cabin they find that most of the interior is filled with herbs, plants, strange colored woods, covering most horizontal surfaces. Vines climb up the walls leaving on the doorway, windows, and fireplace free. A small fire burns in the small fireplace on the right. A bed lies against the back wall; one of the few surfaces not dotted with things.

“Lay your friend on the bed, “ the old woman says as she goes to a cupboard and looks through jars filled with various colored liquids.

Once Riddle is laid on the bed she comes over and gestures at Billy, “Get out of the way you big lummox!” She points over by the window, “Why don’t you and the dwarf stand over there out of the way.”

Turning to Siliwen and Alea, “You two love ladies come help me.”

When they come over she them over with an appraising eye, “I sense power in you two,” she says softly and holding her gaze on Alea she adds, “Never fear, Corellion will aid you.. even when you are far from home.” She nods and hands the jar to Siliwen.

“Take that and slowly give him a couple of sips,” she directs her, “but stand ready to hold him as he may have a violent reaction.”

Gesturing to Alea she says, “You help hold him down… it wont take long.”

(Assuming they follow directions)

After Siliwen pours a few drops past his lips, Riddle suddenly starts to convulse violently but the tremors last only a few seconds and the two of them are able to hold him down. He stops trembling and lies still, he takes a deep breath and then closes his eyes and sleeps.

“There,” the old woman says as she takes the jar from Siliwen and closing it puts it back in the cupboard, “He will rest now while the we get acquainted.”

Turning back to the four of them she smiles, “I sensed your arrival in the area and was hoping you would find cause to visit me.” She grins at their, no doubt, surprised faces. “Don’t worry yourself big guy,” she says to Billy, “I am not a witch despite what others may have told you.”

She moves about the cabin and drags out some stools, moving planters or boxes of greenery from them and gestures for the group to sit. “Please, rest yourselves for a spell,” she says softly, “He will be out for at least an hour.”

She looks upon them and waits for any questions she is sure they will have for her.



Posted on 2008-01-07 at 02:21:40.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.