The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3985 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members: Alacrity
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Giddy)LLE - WoT Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


to aid a friend

Billy watched teh old owman appear and breathed a sigh of relief; she did look much like he expected a healer would look. Her conversation also matched that of the healers he had known, humor mixed with directives. He carried Riddle into the cabin and laid him on the table as asked. When teh old woman suggested he stand by the window, Billy laughed. "I know the drill, stand out of the way and try not to break anything. Tis not my first visit to a healer."

Taking a spot at the indicated spot he watched. "Ohh, I bet that tastes nasty." he suddered as the woman poured a potion into Riddle's mouth. "I think they make it taste bad on purpose just for fun." He smiled at Thor as he said the last.

Once the healing was finished the woman asked them to sit for a spell. Billy looked at her and replied with a wink, "Well now how can I refuse a request to sit for a 'spell' from a spell weaver?" I hate to sound needy but could you perhaps take a look at my side? It still hurts a bit after our fight with the horse-things. The healer woman in teh village near ours always had a smelly slave that made it feel better. Sometimes she gave me a jar to take with me. Not sure if she was being extra nice or just wanted me and my clumsy self out of her house as long as possible."


Posted on 2008-01-07 at 03:45:56.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliwen turns to focus her eyes on the old woman who answered there request for help. She was as old of a human as she had ever met. THough her hair was in wild diarray the look on her face ws more reassuring.

When the woman commands Billy to take Riddle inside and says she can help him. SIliwen was relieved "Thank You Wise One for you offer of aid. And yes we are not from around her she offers by way of information.

Stepping insie the small cabin Siliwen was overwhelmed by the scent and sight of so much vegetation. Perhaps this woman was an herbalist, with so many specimens of plants that hung and lay all over ever surface. However it was not unpleasent like so many small human abodes not sith all the fresh plant smells.

Billy filled carried Riddle in.

"Put him on the bed" the woman told BIlly. it was about the only surface in the cabi not covered with specimens of plants and woods. Siliwen followed Billy in but tried to keep out of the way of them as Riddle was laid on the single bed in the cabin.

THe old woman moved over to a cupboard and took out a small jar and returned. ordering Billy and Thor off to the side to give her some room. Siliwen was about to remove herself also but the old woman had Alea and her stay. WHen handed the bottle she sat beside Riddle near his head and followed the old woman's instructions. She lift his head and tried to get only a few drops into his lips. To say the least she was worried that she might get to much or to little. IT was an aekward situation trying to get a man who could not move to open his lips to take a potion.

By cupping her arm around his head she was able to open his lips with her left hand enought to get the potion to his lips and a few drops into his mouth. SIliwen then quickly gave the jar over to the woman mindful of her caution that he might react violently.

Just in time time and Riddle violently convulse his whole body jerking but not so vigoriously that between Alea and herself they did namage to hold onto him and keep him on the bed. WHen his convulsion ceased he took a deep breath and his body relaxed in what seemed to be normal slumber. SIliwen felt that the tetany had left his body.

Siliwen signed in relief and turns to BIlly and Thor. "He seems to be sleeping normallly now. That regidity is gone."

She loooked up to the old woman having heard her words and those had raised many questions in her.

"We all Thank youu for what you have done for our companion. However you seem to have the advantage over us. You know something about our arrival to this place. We do not knopw where we are or how we got her though we know small tidbit about why we are here. You said you sensed our coming." Siliwen stops suddenly remembering her manners.

Oh, I am sorry. My name is Siliwen, my companions are Alera, here," she gestures to Alea first and then others as she introduces them. "Thor, is the Dwarf, Billy is then big one and our wounded campions is Riddle. By what name do you go by." Siliwen askes politely. more things are accomplished with a please than a loud voice or a sword her mother always quoted and so it was Siliwen had learned that watching her father when she traveled with him of diplomatic missions.

"You invitation to rest is most apprecciated but we really need to learn more about where this is, who is the Msster , What are the Na'sir and if anything why are we here in this place?" SIliwen looks the old woman in the eyes. "What can you tell us, if you please." Siliwen adds that magic word.


Posted on 2008-01-07 at 04:18:13.
Edited on 2008-01-08 at 00:07:10 by Brianna

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


We Meet the Healer.

Once in the clearing and just outside the healers door Siliwen takes over as Thor has asked, "Wise One, we need your help. Our friend was poison by a Nas’ir’s kick. We know not what to do for him. He must survive, it so crucial to our mission. By the powers that bind us, all I say is true and time is of the essence."
A few long seconds after siliwen speaks the door opens and an elderly human woman emerges .“Well..” “..Wise one eh?” “You must not be from around here I take it.” “Nas’ir you say?” Reaching out she touchs Riddle doing a quick examination of his condition.“Bring him inside and I can help him.”
Once inside they all do as told and Thor stands aside with Billy while the three women do what must be done to save Riddle.The old lady has them administer some potion which causes Riddle to convulse at once but not for long, and his body finally loses the ridgidness and he seems to fall into a restfull sleep.

The old healer then says some things that pique there interest “I sensed your arrival in the area and was hoping you would find cause to visit me.” She pulls out some stools for them to sit upon and as they are getting comfortable Siliwen is the first to speak. Introducing them all firstOh, I am sorry. My names is Siliwen, may companions are Alera, here,"
"Thor, is the Dwarf, Billy is then big one and our wounded campions is Riddle. By what name do you go by?
Then once settled on their stools she continues."You invitation to rest is most apprecciated but we really need to learn more about where this is, who is the Msster , What are the Na'sir and if anything why are we here in this place?" "What can you tell us, if you please."
Making himself as comfortable as he can and with many questions of his own especially about what she ment when she said “I sensed your arrival and hoped you would visit. Right now however Siliwen had asked the healer several good questions to which Thor will sit and wait to here the answers to these before he raises anymore questions.


Posted on 2008-01-07 at 12:29:28.
Edited on 2008-01-07 at 12:32:08 by Dragonmist

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"I thank you for your comformation," Alea nodded to the Wise One. "Corellon leant me his Divine Grace in our battle with the Na'sir. Unfortunately I am new to his service and did not have to ability to channel the type of healing power
needed to counteract poisons. So I could do nothing for Riggle beside close up his wound."

Alea stays close if needed and sits when a place is offered. She takes in the smells of the small cabin, sitting in here sent a rush of green through her as she tried to make out the different scents of the herbs and spices assembled around her. It was euphoric, a flooding sense of health and well being.

The Wise One was a master herbalist.


Posted on 2008-01-07 at 19:05:44.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Tale...

Once the healing was finished the woman asked them to sit for a spell. Billy looked at her and replied with a wink, "Well now how can I refuse a request to sit for a 'spell' from a spell weaver?" I hate to sound needy but could you perhaps take a look at my side? It still hurts a bit after our fight with the horse-things. The healer woman in teh village near ours always had a smelly slave that made it feel better. Sometimes she gave me a jar to take with me. Not sure if she was being extra nice or just wanted me and my clumsy self out of her house as long as possible."
The old woman chuckled at Billy’s comments as she reached into the cupboard again and came out with a small metal tin. She came over to him and looked at his side; clucking her tongue she handed him the tin, “A big strong man like you complaining about this scratch?” Handing him the tin, “Here put some of this one it and it will be healed in no time,” she says as she turns to the others. When he opens the tin inside he will find what he could swear is the same smelly salve he had seen in the past.

Siliwen signed in relief and turns to BIlly and Thor. "He seems to be sleeping normally now. That rigidity is gone."

She looked up to the old woman having heard her words and those had raised many questions in her.

"We all Thank you for what you have done for our companion. However you seem to have the advantage over us. You know something about our arrival to this place. We do not know where we are or how we got her though we know small tidbit about why we are here. You said you sensed our coming." Siliwen stops suddenly remembering her manners.

Oh, I am sorry. My name is Siliwen, my companions are Alea, here," she gestures to Alea first and then others as she introduces them. "Thor, is the Dwarf, Billy is then big one and our wounded companions is Riddle. By what name do you go by." Siliwen asks politely. more things are accomplished with a please than a loud voice or a sword her mother always quoted and so it was Siliwen had learned that watching her father when she traveled with him of diplomatic missions.

"Your invitation to rest is most appreciated but we really need to learn more about where this is, who is the Master , What are the Na'sir and if anything why are we here in this place?" SiIliwen looks the old woman in the eyes. "What can you tell us, if you please?" Siliwen adds that magic word.

“My… you do have a lot of questions,” The old woman says with a smile, she nods knowingly, “as I was sure that you would.”

“For starters.. you can call me Anya.”

Anya rises and walks over to the bed and checks on Riddle, reaching out a hand she rests it gently for a moment on his forehead. She turns back to the group then smiles, “I will try to answer what I can,” she says softly, “but I doubt it will be enough.”

Making himself as comfortable as he can and with many questions of his own especially about what she meant when she said “I sensed your arrival and hoped you would visit.” Right now however Siliwen had asked the healer several good questions to which Thor will sit and wait to here the answers to these before he raises anymore questions.

"I thank you for your comformation," Alea nodded to the Wise One. "Corellon leant me his Divine Grace in our battle with the Na'sir. Unfortunately I am new to his service and did not have to ability to channel the type of healing power needed to counteract poisons. So I could do nothing for Riddle beside close up his wound."

Alea stays close if needed and sits when a place is offered. She takes in the smells of the small cabin, sitting in here sent a rush of green through her as she tried to make out the different scents of the herbs and spices assembled around her. It was euphoric, a flooding sense of health and well being.

The Wise One was a master herbalist.

“Yes.. some times the gods don’t always give you what you want,” Anya said to Alea, “but most of the time they give you what you need.” She grins as she sets down and sighs.

“Well as to your other questions,” she begins, “Let me tell you a story that might help you to understand the situation.”

“I don’t know from what world you hail but I can tell you that you are no longer upon that world. This here is Garayon, an ancient world that over the centuries has become quite civilized as worlds go… and this is the Island Nation of Tremoria; a very large island indeed. It is separate from the rest of Garayon with its own government apart from the Empire that rules the largest continent. But Tremoria is like a lot of secluded parts of the world… more susceptible to being overrun with evil.”

Anya chuckles and waves a hand dismissively, “Oh I don’t mean the whole place here is evil…there are a lot of good folks here but there is an evil upon the land that threatens Tremoria and if it is not stopped maybe one day the whole world.”

“About 50 years ago.. The Dark One came… he laid siege to a large portion of this land and for awhile he was content with his domain. Since it was a harsh land where nothing good would grow and far from the established cities.. there wasn’t much of a complaint when he took it and stopped his conquest there. Not much was known about The Dark One in those days, he came from across the sea with a vast force of creatures no one had ever seen before. Monsters like the Nas’ir, the Shelnak, the Kree.. and others. Horrors to the people, they killed thousands.” Anya had a look in her eyes that spoke of her own visions of those horrible times.

Shaking her head to clear those visions she went on, “When he stopped at the border of the Uplands..leaving the lower lands to the people.. most were happy to just live and stay away from the evil. But within the last couple of years, the Dark One’s minions have began to make their way to the lowlands.. killing and pillaging once more. The high government of Tremoria can do little to help those on the fringes.. places like Northpoint. It is only harassing raids now but soon it will be worse.. and towns like Northpoint here will cease to exist.”

She gets up and ambles over to a desk and opening a drawer she draws out a rolled parchment. Bringing it back to one of the larger tables, she pushed some of the things aside and unrolls the parchment (approx. 12”x15”) revealing a crudely draw map. (Download map here if you like:
Tremoria Map )

Tremoria
“Here is Northpoint,” she says pointing it out at the top of the map, “at the far north end of the Island.”

Anyone with a decent intelligence (leave that up to you to decide if your character fits this classification) should be able to realize that if the Sea you saw when you arrive was indeed North and not South as you would have thought, then the sun this morning rose in the West. This being contrary to your past experience, plus the two moons you all saw last night, will definitely confirm Anya’s remark about this not being on your own world.

“This map is crude and only shows towns and cities,” She shrugs, “you will find numerous villages scattered around the island that are not listed on this map.”

“Here are the Uplands,” she points to the western part of the Island which looks raise on the map, “this is where Evil lies.”

“The Gray Peaks,” pointing at what looks like mountains in the middle of the rise between the Uplands and Lowlands, “is where your kind dwelt,” Looking at Thor sadly. “Unfortunately when the Dark One took the Uplands he claimed the Gray Peaks as well,” they can hear sadness in her voice, “the dwarves all retreated to the Peaks to defend their homes…. They haven’t been heard from in almost 50 years and it is feared they were all destroyed.”

Pointing to the Southwest edge of the Island they see what looks like a large forest, “This is Elvan’dur.. home of the elves,” Anya says looking at Alea and Siliwen, “They have withdrawn to their forest and sealed it’s borders to all outsiders.. as far as I can tell they are safe there and not even the Dark One’s minions will venture into those woods.” She smiled.

“The human population cover the rest of the Lowlands.. and are scattered all about … though most will stay in or close to the cities now that the evil is loose upon the land. Northpoint has been lucky so far.. and this group of Nas’ir you speak of are the first to venture this far North. No doubt I was not the only one to feel your arrival.”

Anya sat down leaving the map unrolled on the table as she looked at the group. “I cant say for sure,” she began, “but it is my belief that you were brought here by the gods.. or at least one of them… to combat the Dark One and stop his advance into the lowlands.”

“I do know that the evil forces are massing near the Gray Peaks,” She says sounding pretty confident of her words, “and soon they will march to the lowlands and destroying anything in their path. The armies of Tremoria are not large and they will be used to defend the major cities leaving the towns and villages of people overrun”

Anya looks at each of them in turn before speaking again, “I believe that you have been brought here to stop them before they start to invade the lands.” She waits for further questions and comments from them; knowing that what she has told them sounds like an impossible task for such a small group.



Posted on 2008-01-08 at 13:42:59.
Edited on 2008-01-08 at 13:45:18 by YeOlde

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


Thanks and lets get going

Billy opened the tin and found the same salve he was used to using. One a bit brighter might have found this strange but not Billy; he simply assumed that all healers must make the same salve. He applied a bit as he listened to the woman talk of history and the island nation upon which they currently found themselves. Much of her talk wentin one ear and out the other but when she mentioned that evil threatend the land he perked up. "So you think we are here to stop the evil. Makes sense to me." Billy got up and began to gather his things, "Well I guess we should get going then. Just point me in the right direction and I will do my best."


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 01:08:30.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"Sit Billy," Alea says flatly. "Anya, there is more that one god and goddess involved in our being here, so take heart. Unfortunately the Na'sir leader said tha the Master knew of our coming. That puts us on their hit list and it will be harder to work in secret.

"We are not an army, and an army is what we need. Until we locate an army we will need to find out who our allies will be in this. We need information about numbers of fighters on both sides. And we need to draw on the people themselves."

"It is time for the common folk to prepare for war. barricade their towns and villages, gather stores, and weapons. Men and women and even children can all do their part, must do their part if they wish to continue their lives as their ancestors did before the coming of the Dark One."




Posted on 2008-01-09 at 03:10:32.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


An Army?

Billy turned to Alea. "You want to raise an Army? Exactly how would you go about such? This talk of townfolk barricading their farms and villages is utter nonsense. Have you ever seen what 4 or 5 trained, mounted warriors can do to a village? They simply slaughter anyone who stands against them. I have seen it before and wish to take no part in leading innocent people to their death. Besides there is no time to train them, no money to buy equipment for them and why would they listen to a bunch of outsiders anyway? No, our best bet is to remain a small group that is hard to track and attack only when and where we choose."

Billy paused and looked at the table. "I guess we should at least wait until he is well before we set out. While we wait we should gather supplies."


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 03:34:13.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Siliwen.

Siliwen just sat back and thought for a bit. She listened to both BIlly and Alea speak. SHe now figured out the the sun traveled backwards from what they knew they were not in their home world. "You both have brought up valid points therer are things we must consider. We are not an army, I do not think we can raise and army but as Alea said the sommon folk can be taught to defend themselves better." She would ask Anya later but the first most important was to think this through.

"If the armyies will not come out to protect them then perhaps we can find some allies. also. I can think of two possibilitesm one to see if we can find the dwarves that may still be hidden in the Grey Peaks somewhere perhaps deep undergrownd, and make contact with the elves if possible. We will need supplies and a plan of action."

"We are not an army but we might be able to bring to = hope to these people and some practical plans that they can implimrnt to protect themselves. If we teach a village how to helpprotect themselves then they can send someone to the next village to teach them. it could spread quickly that way to as many villages as possible. But we must start it. They must be inspired to protect themselves.

"I need to know about these other monsters of the Dark One. I have a few ideas already that would slow the Na'sir. down or perhaps even stop them. What I need to know Anya is the nature of the other beasts so that we can make plans that would help the people stop them too. So now I need paper and pen and whatever information you have on those minions. Do they walk, crawl, run or fly? How big? how small?"


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 04:51:29.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


The Need to Make Plans.

Thor sits quietly and listens to Anya tell her story of the invasion of the evil onto their island kingdom and all that has followed, and as it turns out it is a pretty typical story of ambition of evil to overrun all in its path and establish itself everywhere. This of course is against all of Thor's beliefs and he at once realizes he will do all in his power to put an end to this master and his evil minions.

He listens to what both Alea and Billy have to say and comes to a realization that actually both are probably correct at least partly. He speaks his feelings while they wait for Anya to answer Siliwen questions about their foes. I do think that you both have valid points that you have made, and I think we are going to probably have to implement a portion of both ideas if we are to be successful here on this new world. Since the armies that are here are going to only protect the larger cities that they inhabit I am in agreement that the smaller towns and villages will need to learn to help themselves. You say Billy

Have you ever seen what 4 or 5 trained, mounted warriors can do to a village? They simply slaughter anyone who stands against them. I have seen it before and wish to take no part in leading innocent people to their death.



and this can be true However in my life I have found it to be true that an evil such as we are going to face here will usually upon entering a village such as we are speaking about tends to slaughter all the inhabitants whether they stand against them or not it is just evils way. So I don't think by giving them any type of training we are leading them to their deaths. I think if we don't try to help them we are committing them to death without a fighting chance.

Now your next statement


our best bet is to remain a small group that is hard to track and attack only when and where we choose."



is what we as a group should probably do I agree We will probably be most effective this way. So we need to as Siliwen has asked here to get as much information as we can about the foes we are going to be facing here. Once we know a little more I think we need Anya to then give us as much information as she can about the people in this village as well as any other neighboring villages. I am hoping she may at least know who in these villages if any may have strong leadership skills and may be willing to work with some outsiders, but more about these ideas when needed. I will tell everything I have in mind after we learn more about these vile enemies we are going to face. Turning back to face
their host he speaks to Anya.Your information so far has been greatly appreciated and I am sorry to have interrupted, but if you could now continue and answer Siliwen questions, and then maybe perhaps you could lets us know if there is anyone in Northpoint you feel may have an understanding as well as an appreciation for the danger that their village as well as all the other surrounding villages may be in, and maybe also have at least a slight feel for the mechanics of defending oneself. He finally ends his long winded speech and returns to his stool to listen intently to all Anya has to say.


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 13:30:38.
Edited on 2008-01-09 at 13:41:42 by Dragonmist

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2200 Posts


Allies, that has merit

Billy listened to the others and nodded occasionally. "Seems you may have point that teaching the common folks what to do might be good, but I think teaching them to hide is better than teaching them to fight. The idea of gathering an army I like. Maybe we should travel to the lands of the Dwarves or Elves and see if there are any left."


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 19:02:00.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


"Of course they must learn to defend themselves. Farmers already have weapons they know how to use scythes, hoes, pitchforks and axes. Then there are nets and gaffs the fishermen use, with those spurs on the Na'sir's legs, a weighted net could really tangle them up. Barricades of sharp pointed sticks could be made easily, and trip ropes. There are all manner of things the common folk have they could use. Even teens with slings could be of help."

She looks to Billy as he was the most against an army. "The army is not first and foremost, but it will be needed if the Dark One is to be completely routed."

Looking back to the others, "From this map I can see that happening in a way the Dark one would never suspect."

"If, as you said, Anya, the it seems the Dark One is preparing to move into the Lowlands, then in the long run we need to vacate the people closest to where they will come out and leave the land stripped. I believe they need the food the Lowlands provide. Without the needed food they will be weakened. Then we bring in whatever we can get from the Elves and posssibly Dwarves the come in behind The Dark Ones army not only cutting off their supply routes but that they are caught between two armies."


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 21:06:44.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


SIliwen


Siliwen looka a the map again. We all may be missing something. This is an island any part of it is vulnerable to the ocean. Northpoint is perhaps the closet port for their forces and they could be thinking of using or byuilding ships which would make it easy for them to move theire forces without much resistance to anywhere they want to. In the oplans are their many trees. THey may be looking for a port with ships or trees for building ships if not enough are available in the Uplands. ?

Siliwen looks at the map again. "What are they Dark woods here."

"I will need to make a copy of this map. We are going to need it."


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 21:30:03.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Decision Time

“Children,” Anya says softly when they pause to take a breath. She doesn’t address them thusly to insult them, but out of kindness for to the eye she does appear to be the oldest one of those in the cabin.

“Listen to me.. Your plans to train the people, gather an army, seek out allies are all well and good,” she says shaking her head, “but you will not have time for all that right now.”

Gesturing to the map on the Table, “Keep the map.. I have no further need of it." She sits back and sighs softly.

“You would find either course difficult to impossible,” Anya says knowingly, “You are outsiders here and with the paranoia from the recent attacks most people would fear you all. The towns all have mayors, some of which I have learned are actually in league with the Dark One and others would not trust you.. The villagers and towns people already know to flee when trouble approaches.. If there is time. You must understand that your group consists of a Dwarf and two Elves and most people around here have not seen your find even in their lifetimes. You would be treated with the utmost suspicion and even believed to be agents of the Dark One. No… the people must help themselves.”

Reaching over the map she points to the Dark Haven, “this is the home of the Dark One himself, he has a place deep within this foreboding forest and has warped it to his whim. It is a very dangerous place, one in which none of you would survive, “ She says with such finality that you feel it is the truth.

She moves her finger to the Gray Peaks, “Here is where you must go.. This is where the forces of the Dark One are massing… here is where you must do battle with the Leader of those forces.”

Sitting back she pauses for a moment, closing her eyes in thought. When she opens them they can see the intensity in her gaze.

“Now listen to me, “she says commandingly, “there is a reason the forces of the Dark One has waited in the Uplands for almost 50 years. He was waiting, searching, for a great power that lies buried under the Great Peaks. Long ago, when this world was young, there were great stones of power that some say the gods themselves wielded with impunity. Some of these stones were held by the Gods of Righteousness, and others by the Gods of Evil. A great battle was fought here, before man, dwarf or elf had ever set foot upon the land. One of the stones, belonging to an Evil one was lost in the battle and fell to Garayon where it vanish from all knowing. The Dark One came here 50 years ago because he believes that the stone that fell is buried somewhere under the Gray Peaks. That is why he stopped there and why the dwarves were driven out, so that he could have his minions dig in search of the stone.”

Anya sighed with seeming effort of telling her story.

“Now he is close to finding that stone and with it he will use it to take all of Tremoria and maybe even all of Garayon itself. Oh, he will not wield it himself, for any mortal can not fully control such an item for long, it will warp thmem and eventually destroy them, no he will use one of his creature to wield it and lead his army across the lowlands destroying all in their path. This stone is powerful beyond imagining and no army no matter how great will be able to stand against it.”

She looks at the group gauging their response to this before she takes a deep breath to continue.

“The only hope you will have in this battle is to go to the Gray Peaks, find the stone, find the leader of the Dark One’s army and destroy it before he learns how to use it. Even if they find it, it will take some time to attune themselves to the stone, time to master it. You must stop that from happening. Otherwise, we are all doomed.”

“Now,” she says after a pause to let you think a minute, “you must decide if this is a mission you are willing to undertake. I wont lie to you, it will be very dangerous and probably some of you will not make it back alive, and I know that you have been brought here against your will but ultimately the choice is still yours. Those of you that decide to go, I will tell them what I can of the foes you will encounter as well as answer any of your other questions.”


Posted on 2008-01-10 at 01:10:12.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

SIliwen turns to the Anya, "It seems you know much more about what is happening than we do. And you said our best bet is to head for the Grey peaks find this object, first or take it away form those who have it before they can truly use it and defeat the leader of the opposing forces."

Siliwen shakes her head in disbelief. "My own magics are minimal. I am just starting out. I can see no seasoned warriors or cleric amongst our numbers. We are rather slender reeds to be used against a mighty foe that has so far done what he has please for 50 years. He has been reparing, by gathering his forces building them up, perhaps already has found this item. We were barely able to survive the four Na'sir that attacked us." Almost to soft to be heard SIliwen adds "The Gods can't be that hard up for mightly heros that we were chosen for this alone." louder she finishes. "I just don't see us up to this task yet we truly have been given no alternative. We were told our own world may well suffer as well. I do not like it when there are no alternatives."

"I don't know about the rest of you but I feel betrayed, if not by the Gods then by whatever brought us here. I could lend a hand and do what I could to help but i looks like the whole responsibility for this rests on us alone. So I am willing to listen to what some of you others have to say since you are in the same situation as I am."

The task seems so overwhelming even if all they do is travel to the Grey Peaks and try to find this object of Evil. THe place must be crawling with the minions of the Dark One hunting for the same thing. THere were such a small group with so inexperience for this endevor that it seemed doomed to failure even if they did all work together as a team. THe odds were badly stacked against them.


Posted on 2008-01-11 at 02:05:45.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.