The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Garayon - Reign of Darkness
Related thread: Birth of Garayon
Related thread: Garayon - Reign of Darkness Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: Dragonmist, Dragon Mistress, syanide shadowalker
    Messages in Garayon - Reign of Darkness
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Cuteness Onesie
Price: $15.50

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


moving on

Billy looked around the shop in the small town. He needed little and settled on several days of trail rations, a length of rope and a few flasks of oil. After paying the owner he waited for the others.

Soon the rest of the party was ready and they set out. After a day of travel they finally set camp for the night. Billy had pulled his watch and was fast asleep when he heard a scream. Instantly awake, he grabbed his sword and scanned for enemies. Finding none, he looked around a bit confused.


Posted on 2008-01-26 at 01:55:00.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Back on the Road.

As they return from the woods where Anya's cabin was they find their host Tyr from the Carousing Pony was there to greet them, though there seems to be a little difference of thought on how long they where in there, but that matters not. Tyr is disapointed when he finds out they will be resupplying and riding out at once and he can not persaude them to stay at all. So being the good host he is he takes the group and introduces them to the owner of the mercantile shop, Arthur Bent, and talks him into giving the group a discount on any items purchased.

Arthur smiles as he bows slightly to the party, “Welcome to Northpoint, my friend Tyr says you are in need of supplies and he has impressed upon me the urgency of your journey. How may I help you?” Letting Arthur know they would just like to look over his merchadise for anything they may need for they journy he leads them inside his shop.
Inside the mercantile is as expected, the main room is packed with barrels, sacks, boxes, tables, etc. all filled or covered with all manner of goods. Just about every normal item any adventurer could want can be found here. “Look around and let me know if you don’t see what you want,” Arthur says as he heads towards the counter, “Just bring up what you want to purchase and we will settle it up there.”
Thor although in a hurry does take his time and looks over what Arthur has to offer. One thing Thor will be seeking for their trip is more of the daily and weekly packaged rations so when needed he can eat on the fly. Also the Dwarf does have a soft spot for certain types of food and drink and if he can find it he would like to buy blocks of any types of cheese as well as dryed or pickled fish. Now these are not nessicities just things that keep the Dwarves moral up while on the road. Then of course it goes almost without saying but the dwarf will need to refill all his ale bags with the best ale he can find in Northpoint.
Thor will look to purchase these items at the merchants shop.
Fishhooks x3
Marbles, per bag of 20 x3 bags
Hammer
Parchment paper x 5
Ink 2oz vial
Quill-Writeing (Metal- fine tip)

Also since his one weapon was destroyed in their battle with the Nas'ir he will venture next door to the aromery and see what he might be able to replace his Urgrosh with.Since he already has his two melee weapons and from the battle they where just in he decides that maybe he would be better off and better serve the group if he looked into a ranged weapon this time, so being proficient with the simple weapons he goes over to have a look at the hevey crossbows and the bolts that go with it.If there is such a weapon avaiable he will go ahead and purchase it along with 2 score of bolts for it.

Now they where back on the road and staying off the road they still made pretty good time. Finally the group stopped and camp was set watches where made and they settled down to sleep. sometime in the night Thor was awakened by a scream he instandly rolls out of his bedroll with both weapons in hand but looking around he sees no danger he does see that Billy is also up and with weapon so he strolls over to him. Could of swore I'd erd someone wail buts now I'd don't sees no dangers mayhaps I was a dreamen.


Posted on 2008-01-27 at 12:44:49.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

Alea did not have much money to by anything, but she did get some lengths of rope cheat because they were short, and six heavy fishing weights made of lead with holes in them to tie a rope to. With the aid of one of the local fishermen to splice the ropes together with the weights, she has him contruct 2 bolas. She then buys more rope to make lassos from.

Traveling went easily enough and dinner and sleep were welcome. So when there came screams in the night she jerked awake and up with her spear, she kept by her, in her hand.


Posted on 2008-01-28 at 07:20:21.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


a peaceful night? Not!

Location: Northpoint
Date/Time: Day One / Mid Morning

(Backposting to purchases in town)
Billy brings his items up to the counter and for 2 gps he takes his rations, rope and oil. The merchant had stated only a single gp for the lot, but when he seen the unknown mark of your gold he figured that he would have to regretfully charge an exchange rate.

Thor managed to find some dried fish wrapped in oil paper, a small wheel of aged cheddar, trail rations, a small keg (2 gal) of the finest ale he has in stock (which is also the same he sells to the Carousing Pony) and the other small items he picked up (Marbles, hooks, hammer, parchment paper, ink and quill- metal tipped) and pays 7 gp for the lot, which includes the same exchange rate for everyone.

Riddle only looks around the shop but doesn’t buy anything; he seems to be just biding his time waiting for the others.

While Thor goes to the armory, Alea seeks out a local fisherman that Arthur Bent recommended. The short uneven lengths of rope were scrapes and the merchant just told her to take them and charged her nothing. The lead weights and rope for the lassos cost only 7 sp for the lot.

Alea manages to find the fisherman with little difficulty, as the old man is repairing some nets. He looks at her strangely as she gives him instructions to make the bolas, he is so intrigued by the idea of the bola that he doesn’t charge her anything for his time. His old twisted hands make quick work of the ropes and shortly she has her bolas. As she leaves him with her thanks, she can see him working on another one from a piece of left over rope.

Thor walks into the Sword & Shield Armory and is greeted by a large elderly human male with very large muscles and scars on the exposed skin of his arms. He raises an eyebrow when he sees the dwarf come in and comes over to him, “Welcome Dwarf, my name is Thorin,” he says in almost perfect dwarven. The armorer tells Thor that he knew and fought with dwarfs long ago and hasn’t seen his kind in many long years. He knows nothing about the plight of the dwarfs but he holds one day to learn that they have not perished for good.

After talking to the dwarf about what he is looking for in a distance weapon, Thorin nods and smiles, “I have just the thing for you my friend… follow me.” He turns and leads Thor behind the counter and down a short hallway to a room that he unlocks and leads him inside.

There Thor sees some very fine weaponry of exceptional quality; Thorin walks over and lifts a heavy crossbow from where it hangs on the wall. Turning he hands it to Thor, “This is one of the finest Dwarven Crossbows I have ever seen.” Thor notices the stout build of the weapon, the dwarven war symbols carved in the wood of the stock, the exceptionally heavy string and fine steel cross. The weapon looks like it could shoot bolts through a building or even stone.

Thorin hands Thor a bolt case with 2 score quivers and smiling at Thor, “Take the crossbow,” he says, “I have no need of it and besides I cant sell it as I haven’t found anyone strong enough to even set the string.” He chuckles and leads Thor back out to the front room. He will insist that Thor keep it and will not accept any gold for the item though he will say, “If you wish to pay me back for it someday, find out what happened to your people here.”

Thor will find out that the crossbow has no cocking arm of any kind and is only cocked by setting the front on the ground, placing a foot in the stirrup at the front and drawing back the string with both hands. After doing it once he can see that very few humans would have the strength required to use this crossbow.

Location: Northpoint Road – South Southwest
Date/Time: Day Two / several hours yet till sunrise

Everyone sleeping bolted awake at Siliwen’s scream, looking around they see no sign of danger though they will see Siliwen sitting upright with Riddle kneeling next to her, he looks at the others, “Siliwen has had a nightmare,” he says softly, “there is no danger.”

Riddle turns back to Siliwen and gently rests a hand on her shoulder, “There is no danger here, all is quiet,” he says then smiles slightly, “well.. except for your screaming.” His smile shows that he is joking and trying to alleviate her fears.

“If you wish, you may sit up with me a while and talk, maybe it will help,” Riddle offers. He gestured to the others that they can go back to sleep if they wish.

(Assuming all do, also since the group didn’t list a watch order I have set the following for tonight: Billy, Alea, Thor, Riddle, Siliwen. The party can change the order in the future if you wish.)

As the others drift back off to sleep Riddle throws another small log on the fire keeping it going but low so as not to give away their camp from a distance. He sits down on the ground about 5 feet away from Siliwen looking at her.

“Who is Joriel and how did he die?” he asks her thinking maybe if she talks about it maybe she can be assured that the nightmare was only in her head.

(Room for response if any from Siliwen)

Riddle only nods to her and remains silent for a moment, he looks at her with sympathy in his eyes and opens his mouth to speak when he suddenly jumps to his feet and cocks his head to the side, he appears to be listening. He turns his gaze to the plain area beyond the trees to the South.

“Wake the others quietly,” he tells Siliwen, “we will have company soon.”

He leaves her to wake the group as he moves through the trees to see more clearly to the South. When the others are awake and join him near the edge of the trees they will all see what he sees.

The two moons are out and the sky is clear and bright with stars; the grasslands surround them with only a few groups of trees and the far off road in the distance to mar the perfect green sward.

Riddle points to the South and they can all see, though the elves keen sight picks it out almost before the Ranger points to it. Large dark squat shapes moving quickly through the knee high grass. From this distance it is hard to make out exactly what they are but they are larger than a dog, and moving very fast in a direct line to the group of trees where the party has made camp.

“Wolves!” Riddles says as he backs up a bit drawing his two swords, “Large ones and they know we are here.”

(One round to prepare before they arrive, preparatory posts please.)

Location: Northpoint Road – South Southwest
Date/Time: Day Two / several hours yet till sunrise



Posted on 2008-01-28 at 20:49:51.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

"Siliwen looks up to Riddle, "Thank you, Riddle, I think I would like that. My watch is after yours anyway." Raising her voice slightly she calls out to the others. I am sorry, Please She rises for her bedroll and packs it up. She wrapped her cloak about her and moved closer to where he watched over the camp, seeking his companionship to help chase away the bad dream.

Siliwen tells herself that she should have known it was a dream. She had studied some spells from Joriel's spell book last night seated on her bed roll near the fire for light. Perhaps that was what precipitated her dream. It had seemed so real never had she been attacked in a dream, perhaps frightened when she was young because of her vivid imagination but nothing ever like this. Even in the faint glow from the campfire, one can her face is still pale and her violet eyes huge.

Trying to move her thoughts onto a new subject because she really didn't want to discuss what the dream was she starts up a conversation with Riddle. She keeps her voice low as not to disturb the others trying to sleep. "I am so glad that we were able to get you help in time. It must have been a terrible experience to be paralysis so completely but conscious. How are you feeling now?"

Riddle says Wolves and back up a step he asks Siliwen to wake the others and she hurries to do so.

Going to Alera, the Thondrek, and then Billy. she shakes them each and tells them arma and armor Wolves were attacking. SIliwen grabs her horsse and brings it closer to the fire. they could not afford to lose their mounts with so far to go. SHe prepares magic missle spell to use.


Posted on 2008-01-30 at 00:43:56.
Edited on 2008-01-31 at 01:49:14 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


Wolves huh?

Billy strained to catch a glimpse of the black dots on the horizon. "Ahh I see them, what are they?", he no sooner asked than a sharp eyed companion identified them as wolves. They were headed towards the party and not in a good way. "We should try to forma circel with those who are good at close fighting around the others. Wolves tend to attack lone prey. If we stick together and show a solid defense they may leave us alone."


Posted on 2008-01-30 at 02:38:40.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea


Alea wakes and listens to why they were woken. She gathers up a flaming branch and then her spear. Wolves did not like fire.

"Should we bring the horses into the circle?


Posted on 2008-01-30 at 03:22:58.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Second Awaking

After finding out they where awaken by a bad dream it seemed like only seconds had passed since they lied back when they where once again awakened by the watch, however this time it looked like real trouble was approaching. With the moon lite and the help of his night vision Thor could tell there where some large animals fast approaching their position. Riddle however at once announces that it is wolves that are coming.

Thor turns to Billy Very good plan Billy You, myself, and Riddle should form a circle with the two ladies who can cast spells should cast from within the circle. That is if all agree with that. Thor will prepare for the coming assault by pulling both his weapons with his Dwarven war ax in his right hand and his morningstar in his left. taking a position in direct line to the oncoming animals he waits.



Posted on 2008-01-30 at 12:48:46.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


Horses

"Give the horses some slack in their thether and they can defend themselves. Besides, a panicked horse in our circle could be a bigger problem than the wolves." Billy looked to the dwarf, "A fine plan my friend, the three of us should be able to keep most of the wolves at bay."


Posted on 2008-01-31 at 00:34:38.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

I forgot to mention this, "Wake and arm yourselves, Wolves re attacking us" Going to Alera, the Thondrek, and then Billy. she shakes them each and tells

Then Siliwen grabs as many horses as she can and brings them closer to the fire. They could not afford to lose their mounts with so far to go. She prepares magic missle spell to use agasinst the incoming wolves.


Posted on 2008-01-31 at 01:51:25.
Edited on 2008-01-31 at 01:53:36 by Brianna

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Food for Wolves...?

"Wake and arm yourselves, Wolves re attacking us" Going to Alera, the Thondrek, and then Billy. she shakes them each and tells

Then Siliwen grabs as many horses as she can and brings them closer to the fire. They could not afford to lose their mounts with so far to go. She prepares magic missle spell to use against the incoming wolves.

Siliwen rushes over to the horses but the mounts smell danger on the wind and she struggles with the horses as they try to pull away from her. She has no success alone with trying to pull them in closer to the fire.

"Give the horses some slack in their tether and they can defend themselves. Besides, a panicked horse in our circle could be a bigger problem than the wolves." Billy says.
Siliwen realizes finally that she will lose the horses if she doesn’t stake them out again so she puts them back on the tether following Billy’s suggestion.

The wolves grow closer while the group prepare, suddenly the party hears the bay of the wolves as they come rushing into the trees.

Thor turns to Billy Very good plan Billy You, myself, and Riddle should form a circle with the two ladies who can cast spells should cast from within the circle.
Riddle nods and falls back with his two swords out, “Here they come!” He shouts as the wolves come crashing through the trees.

Siliwen manages to finish staking out the horses and putting some slack in their tether and turns to join the group but before she can a dark shape comes leaping from the brush at her. She screeches and goes to run away from the flying form but trips over a tree root and falls, this clumsy mistake saved her as the hurtling form flew by overhead. A large wolf lands beyond her and turns back to face her. The wolf is massive, at least a foot longer and taller than any normal sized wolf, and snarling at her apparently angry at missing his prey.

Thor, Billy and Riddle take up a defensive arc in front of Alea, thinking Siliwen was behind them as well. When Siliwen cries out at the attack upon her, Riddle turns and sees she is in danger. Being the closest, he runs towards her, “Guard Alea,” Riddle yells to the Thor and Billy, “I‘ll take this one.” Riddle rushes up and puts himself between Siliwen and the wolf causing the creature to pause as it sizes up it newest and obviously more dangerous opponent. Riddle doesn’t attack, but waits for the wolf to decide.

More wolves come crashing through the brush and trees, four leaping at the three opponents before them. Two go after Billy, One goes for Thor, and another slips between them and jumps at Alea seeming to ignore the flaming brand in her hand.

(OOC: Post in any order you wish for this round, wolves will act last. )


Posted on 2008-02-01 at 00:43:17.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


The Wolves Cometh.

As the wolves quickly approach Siliwen in just the nick of time manages to restake the horses with more slack in their tether but in doing so left herself open to attack. Because of this Riddle leaves the protective circle the three had formed also leaving an opening for the wolves which one of them manages to exploit. Although Thor is trying to keep himself placed between the approaching wolves and the ladies one still manages to slip by and looks like it will make it's attack on Alea.


As it seems with everything they have encountered on this strange world so far these wolves are like none Thor has come across before being much larger and it seems more ferocious. With one charging directly at him he keeps his stance strong and at the right second brings his two weapons to bare upon the wolf. Coming at first from the right with his dwarven war ax hoping to catch the creature on the back of its neck with the main goal to try to sever its spine or the arteries that flow through most creatures neck to feed their brains with air, or if nothing else start its head moving down and left from the blow because just as he is finishing that swing he starts to bring his left hand into motion in the opposite direction from the left with a crushing blow from his morning star trying with this attack to catch the wolf as its head is moving towards his swing from the force of his first attack, this is a common tactic the dwarf uses when fighting with both his weapons, to try to use one attack to enhance the second he can only hope his timing and aim are on.


Posted on 2008-02-01 at 13:09:51.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2219 Posts


solid defense

Billy takes stock of the situation; two wolves stare at him with teeth bared. Any attack would leave him open for a counter and he did not wish to give the wolves an easy opening. Once more Billy took up his familiar defensive stance; sword held high waiting for the correct moment to strike. He would allow the wolves to come to him. "Come on and get me if you can. I could use a new cloak!"


Posted on 2008-02-05 at 01:03:39.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Siliwen

Siliven, her mistake as soon as the horses started to tug and pull in their fright. Fortunately with warning from her party she got them tied up agin but left them with longer lengths so that they could rspond to any attacks on themselves. She was making her way back to the others when she tripped over an unseen root fallen face foreard inot the duft of the forest. THE olny things she could do was move her arms out in front of her to cover her face so that her hesd did not hit the ground full force.( Didn't know elves could be that clumsy.)

It was a fortunate fall. The wolf that lunged to attack her went clear over her head and had to slow and turn before coming back to attack, which it ws doing. Riddle broke for the others and moved over to cover her. However she would not wats time getting up her weapon could be used even while she was on the ground. brining her lands up from where they had moved to break her fall. Dompoasing herslef she gathered together the arcane energies together and wove them as she chanted the words of magic missle so as to hurl a dancing spark of energy at the wolf before her.


Posted on 2008-02-05 at 01:18:51.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Alea

As the wolves close on them, Alea will cast Bless on the group and then she drops doen on one knee and sets the spear butt into the ground and raises the tip so that any she can use it against the sped and weight of the charging wolf to impale itself on the sharp steel point. If that succeeds she will go for her sword and slash at the wolf, of not she will use the spear to keep the beast off of her.

Her heart is pounding and a great wolf passes the two fighters and comes straight at her. Gripping shr spear firmly she keeps her sim on the eolf even if the ittriies to avoid her spear.


Posted on 2008-02-05 at 02:43:36.
Edited on 2008-02-05 at 05:14:43 by Dragon Mistress

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.