The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> You Filthy Little Thief!!!
Parent thread: Filthy Thief Q/A
    Messages in You Filthy Little Thief!!!
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Repeat

Discipline.

It was Pio’s closest companion. It held his sword a hundred times when all of his emotions cried out for slaughter and death.

And now, in this moment, it held his breath, even though all of his emotions want Pio to let it go. Pio felt the claws of the beast rake across his head again, and yet discipline held on to his breath. And, while Pio knew Death itself was lingering nearby, waiting to devour him, the knight nearly smiled (and would have laughed if it won’t mean losing his air).

Therassor, grant your servant victory today.
[OOC: Pio is looking to once again punch this beast in the head with his armored fist.]



Posted on 2008-06-16 at 04:59:03.

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Beinsel felt like and idiot. He couldn't do much in this situation, he wasn't meant to be swimming under water fighting some giant beast. He just didn't have many things to do right now except play. He took out his lute and began to play, hopefully someone who needs it hearing him and getting the inspiration they truly need. He strummed a few notes and then began to go faster, the beat progressively speeding up, and becoming more aggressive. Hopefully he could help out with this, but he knew not much could be done.

( will do inspire courage +1)


Posted on 2008-06-18 at 14:42:32.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3010 Posts


Go Team!

Thunder River
North West Dock
Drefast
~Positive Tide is normal
~Negative Tide is rising

Percifeer wasn’t sure if her bolt had done anything, and time was going by without her companions coming up for air. The bubbles had ceased to arise at the surface, and for all she knew the battle was over. But she couldn’t give up, and started an intricate casting that would call a creature from another dimension into the waters to aid her. This was not an easy feat, and took precious time. Still, she was hoping it would help her brothers.

Beinsel had overcome the first shock of Pio being dragged into the waters, and started doing what he did best; sing. And he proved worthy of his reputation, for his melody was an enticing one, and the words that accompanied it were strong and invigorating. His performance was to the benefit of his family, but after a few strums he found the shadows of many a passer by halt as their casters stopped to see what was going on at the docks.

But though his music echoed clearly through the harbor, underwater thuds and gulps were all Pio could hear. He was pressing the creature’s chaotic techniques, trying to find an opening to deliver a second punch, but he was so occupied keeping the Sea Cat off his body that his blows did not strike home.
The cat, in return, delivered a solid blows to the knight’s neck, and though his skin was not punctured, he felt a sharp pain as if he dislocated something.

Miran was not ready to give up so easily. Instead of joining the fray he decided to punch his dagger into the swirling, sinking mass that was Pio and the monster. He had to time it right, or he would surely skewer his brother. Fortunately, this was not Miran’s first dagger fight, and the blow was well aimed an placed. He stabbed the creature’s spine, got his blade stuck between two ribs and was hauled down as the monster jerked and bled.

Then they were suddenly facing a new menace, as if the waters of Drefast had not been polluted by the feline abomination already. This time it was in the form of a shark, but one with a skin like cracked rock, and eyes that glowed red like hot magma. It was black, which made the rows of long teeth shine whiter in the opened mouth. It went straight for the combat, attacking the Sea Cat, but finding that it was as unwelcome as Miran had been. It was shoved aside by a rude claw.

(OOC: 5 rounds of air left for Pio. Perhaps you could state your intentions for two more rounds, because I think two more should do it. That way I can update a bit more, and this battle will be over sooner. Beinsel and Percy should remember that they cannot see anything, and that the do not know if their brothers are alive or not.
And: Beinsel is drawing a bit of a crowd with his music. People are stopping on the bridge and near the docks to see what is going on. )



Posted on 2008-06-20 at 17:17:40.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Miran's valiant rescue

Miran might have cursed when he lost the dagger to the beast's flesh. He sought to return his grip to it momentarily, but the Sea Cat squirmed the weapon out of reach in its struggles with Pio. Rather than wait for the dagger to return to his grasp, he went for another. His heart froze with his hand on the weapon.

The form familiar to any eye as a deadly predator loomed into the Thunder River. Another enemy approached, though even as it came closer it remained a shadow to the eye. It was the black of malevolence, and its eyes hungered for death. It streaked forth and attacked the first predator, though the cat proved to be an even match for it, and held it back. The blood in the water had clearly maddened this murderous creature and drawn it up the river.

Miran's reaction to this was quite simply to get away from the monsters as fast as possible. He turned and swam for the surface, his lungs beginning to scream for air. If Pio had any sense he would escape and do likewise. The wounded Sea Cat would not stand long against the Shark, and after it had finished the one kill, it would desire another quick two to top off its frenzy.

When he broke the surface and filled his lungs with the ever under-appreciated air, he screamed at the siblings on dock, "There's another one! Help! Pio's still down there!"

Should Pio not show up within a few seconds (or more likely, Percifeer explains the situation... at least slightly more likely.) Miran will draw his other dagger and go back under to do battle with shark and sea cat and whatever other horrors may surface from the depths before this skirmish ended.


Posted on 2008-06-20 at 23:04:16.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Unbearable...

The pain in his shoulder was sharp and intensified by the burning sensation in his lungs. And yet, there was no fear for the young knight. Sheer determination held his breath and kept the man alive... for the moment.

And yet, Pio was not some barbarian who had lost his head in battlelust. The knight was very aware that his life was now hanging in the balance and, perhaps, was already lost.

It was the was of the Fickle Lady, and Pio accepted whatever destiny came his way.

It was at that moment he caught sight of the sleek shark circling in on the blood trail left behind by both beast and man. He could only hope that predator would be distracted by the bigger prey.

Sure enough, the shark move in to kill the injuried cat. Thank you, Lady Luck! Pio thought to himself, his hope renewed for the moment. Perhaps I am meant for more than cat food...
Bolstering his strength for a final push against the monsterous river cat, Pio hope together with the shark (and whatever help the river might send) to end the battle.

[ OOC: Okay... here it goes...

Pio is continuing to attack the Cat with his
Armored Gauntlet (his good arm).

If he took damage last round, than he receives a +1 bonus to attack and damage due to his Furious Counterstike class ability.

He is also switching his stance to
Punishing Stance (+1d6 to damage, -2 AC) and is already projecting a Power aura (+1 to melee damage for all "allies" within 30').

This means Miran and the Shark (and anyone else) should be receiving a +1 damage bonus.

For Pio this means-->

Attack: +6 (+7 w/ furious counterstrike)
Damage: 1d3 (armored fist) +3 (str) +1 (aura) +1d6 (stance)
AC: 17 = 19 (Full Plate/ Dex) -2 (stance)

There she be. He'll do this attack for two rounds if necessary. Else, on the second round, he'll look to swim to the surface.


Posted on 2008-06-27 at 03:11:20.

suicidolt
RDI Fixture
Karma: 44/13
612 Posts


crowd?

Beinsel was drawing a crowd and Percifeer had done all she could for the moment. She thought it unusual that the bard had chosen to do that, but she could work with it.

"Please, our friends are fighting a beast in the water. Get some rope so we can rescue them just as they rescued the fisherman it attacked!" She was pleading with the crowd. With a charisma like that, she was likely to get at least a few responses."


Posted on 2008-06-30 at 00:38:41.

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Biensel kept on playing, but heard his sisters pleas for help. He nodded along with her, agreeing with what she was saying. He looked to the crowd, while strumming his lute.

" Yes, help us as much as you can. Listen to her speak and please do as she says!"

Biensel kept on playing, a fast paced tune to hopefully motivate the people to do what they can, but also inspire his brethren to do as much as they could. He had no idea if his musical magic would work under water or not. He could only hope so.


(( will keep on doing what he does best. Play.))


Posted on 2008-06-30 at 15:04:00.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3010 Posts


woohoo

Thunder River
North West Dock
Drefast
~Positive Tide is normal
~Negative Tide is rising

Percifeer now turned to the crowd that was gathering around the docks. About fifty people had already stopped or gathered to see what was going on, or to listen to the enticing music the bard was effortlessly throwing their way. The sorceress pleaded with them, using her female charm to lure in any help she could get.
Beinsel backed her up, and together they rose a murmur in the crowd. But nothing happened still. They could see how the people were confused. Written on their faces was intrigue; was this real, or were they spectators of a very real performance?

Meanwhile, Pio was still underwater, trying to punch the monster that held him down. He aimed, but found his efforts blocked by paws that were faster in the water than he was. The shark was still circling around him, and had tried to enter the fight. But it had been bashed off as easily as Pio’s attempt to harm the feline menace.
The knight was surely not in his element, fighting without steady ground, sinking slowly and losing hold of his breath with every second that passed. And now another claw sliced his skin. He had been hit harder by enemies before, but the cumulative pain and blood loss was now taking its toll on him.

Miran had also abandoned him. The swashbuckler had to go up for air and help. And when he surfaced his face was pale with fear. The warning he shouted was what brought the final realization to the crowd that what they were seeing was actually real. A few men and women now jumped from the bridge into the water, and from the stone stairway that lead to the docks ran a few commoners as well. From the other side of the dock, where the Freemen’s Way was came a man in leather armor. He flung his longsword on the water-swollen walking boards and dove in where Miran had surfaced.

Percifeer stood watching, urging more people on to take action, aided by Beinsel.
Pio became aware now of many dark forms plunging down at him from above. They were coming at him and the monster. Urged by his burning lungs he flung in another punch, which missed again. Then the monster hit him again, and he was felt the last of his strength slipping away. He was holding on to his life by a thread, and would’ve surely died if two strong hands would not have mingled in the underwater brawl. The knight was too weak to see who was causing the sea cat to stop its attacks. Then he felt himself free, and supported by a firm arm that pushed him upwards, to air. He gasped for air when he came up, and all he could do was hang limply over the docks. The man supporting Pio climbed up the docks himself, and was quickly met by a woman who flung her arms around him. Just before Pio passed out he realized he had seen her before. It was Dorothy Galios.

A few seconds later, the crowd that had jumped into the river came up again, holding between them the body of the monster that had nearly killed Pio. The spectators on the bridge and on the side of the docks cheered as the dead body was pulled out of the water.

(OOC: Congratulations, you’ve managed to survive this encounter. And you’ve found Dorothy as well. You can all interact now as you wish, Pio is out for a little bit, and will need some healing.)


Posted on 2008-07-06 at 11:01:47.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Much later in the day than I had anticipated

Miran surfaced and shook his head furiously, throwing water off his face. His heart thundered in his chest as he drew a breath of air, relinquishing the dark river. He barely took time to catch his breath before he sent up the cry that ultimately saved Pio, or at least became the edge of Beinsel and Percy's call for aid. When he saw people that he didn't recognize, however, he was simultaneously startled and relieved. The sound of Beinsel's music arrived at his ears with the realization of the bard's doings. It seemed Beinsel possessed the enviable ability to hold sway over a crowd. Percy too, had her own charm for attracting the attention of strangers.

That Pio was still stuck in a life or death situation beneath the surface posed an internal struggle for Miran. Then came the man from the Freeman's Way, marked by his apparel as one who knew all about combat. He discarded his sword and leapt into the river, solving the illusionist-swashbuckler's dilemma. Between remaining in the shark/sea cat inhabited river and crawling up onto the dock, his decision took no time. The sight of the man helping Pio onto the dock himself was a happy reinforcement to Miran's own choice.

Miran threw himself, his heavy, sopping cloak resisting his every motion, onto the docks. He tried not to seem so exhausted by his efforts in comparison to the struggle Pio went through. His attempts were in vain, however, his breath coming quickly, his body unwilling to move until his limbs ceased their shuddering. Miran acknowledged in the back of his mind his sister Dorothy rushing over to embrace the other, bloodied body laying on the dock.

Eventually Miran coaxed himself onto his hands and knees where he determined that his own body was uninjured. Just down the dock, the citizens who had leapt to he and his brother's aid were dragging up the body of the hellish beast that initially attacked the orphans. With his body fully intact, Miran brought himself up and stode over to the lifeless husk of the beast. He glanced once over its body and found his imagination had no trouble reanimating the beast to terrorize the people gathered around it with its cruel claws. Quickly he found what he sought and removed his dagger from cold flesh. He cleaned the short length of steel on the sea cat's mane and replaced the dagger in its sheath.

"That," Miran announced with somewhat less conviction than he had aimed for, "is what happens when you mess with my siblings and I; Ormander's herd."

He cast his gaze up to the bridge where watched a small crowd including his other brother and sister. He greeted them with a wave, then sighed in great releif, making his slow path back up to meet with them. Pio would be fine with Dorothy.


Posted on 2008-07-10 at 04:21:06.

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Biensel quickly stopped playing as soon as the people surfaced and he could see Pio above water. He put away his lute and spoke to the crowd.

" Do what you can to help, get them out!"

He rushed over when they came to land and rushed to Pios side, kneeling down to look at him closely.

" I'm sorry I could not do much while you were submerged, I hope my playing was good enough. But now I can sooth you with my healing. Please, relax."

Biensel took out his lute again and stood, and started to weave a magical song that encompassed several spells, targeted at Pio. They were slowly sung ballads, meant to calm and sooth, relax the target. He hoped this would be good for them, atleast for now.

( will cast as many healings as I can to get him to full, or atleast close to it)


Posted on 2008-07-17 at 00:33:04.

suicidolt
RDI Fixture
Karma: 44/13
612 Posts


Hmmm, best I can do really, she's still ticked

Percifeer was surprised at the crowd's response. Shrugged it off and waited. When Pio was dragged out of the water, bloody and weak, Beinsel made over to him.

Percifeer stood there, her arms crossed, waiting for the situation to end. She had nothing to say to any of these men. All they were doing was causing problems.


Posted on 2008-07-17 at 00:44:01.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3010 Posts


Goodbye to Pio

Thunder River
North West Dock
Drefast
~Positive Tide is normal
~Negative Tide is rising

Beinsel didn’t waste any time before tending his skills to Pio’s benefit. While his music played, Miran hauled himself onto the dock and cried an energetic burst of defiance towards the dead monster. Some of the people in the audience cheered and clapped as a response. Percifeer however, was not thrilled. If she cared that Pio was not moving, she did not show.

But there was more to the knight then a simple unconsciousness. Although Beinsel’s words and melody healed the wounds on Pio’s body, the fellow orphan did not open his eyes. His breathing was raspy yet steady and he looked as though he would get up any minute. But as time passed, the knight did not move, and showed no sign of change. Finally, Dorothy spoke up to her brothers and sisters.

“I think it is best if Pio is brought to a special healer. Breecher here will take him to the temple of Lysora.” She indicated the muscled man who had jumped in the water to retrieve the knight.
“I think we need to have a talk.”

Just as Breecher was about to pick up the soaking wet Pio, two familiar faces emerged from the crowd. One of them was Pao, another one of Ormander’s orphans who they knew well. With him was a young girl, no more than ten years old. They had seen a glimpse of her, earlier, when they visited the orphanage. The two made their way towards the group.

(OOC: Welcome Reralae and Utan, to this game. Your characters are ready to interact!
For everybody: as you know, Ayrn has left this game. But I’m not going to let Pio die yet. Still, he is injured beyond what any of you can do at your Level, and he needs healing from a high cleric. He is out of your hands now, so you can focus on the adventure. Dorothy is ready to take you all into the Freemen’s Way, the inn where you were going to look for her. Don’t be afraid to take your actions into the inn and start asking question.)


Posted on 2008-07-25 at 18:55:30.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Hello!

"Oh my!" The little girl exclaims, running over to the fallen warrior.

She looks around at the others there, recognizing each in turn as the ones who had come to the orphanage earlier. She is dressed in plain leather armour, and upon her back is a quiver that seems a bit too big for her, filled with arrows, and a small bow that is sized for her. Her braided brown hair flies behind her as she rushes forward, and in her young green eyes, concern can be clearly seen. Her movements are swift and agile as she takes in the entire scenario.

"Umm," The girl hesitates, "So what just happened here?!" She blurts.

"By the way, I'm Ocyari, this is Paomallen." She adds, indicating the person she was with, "And you would be... umm..." recalling in her mind the others coming to the orphanage, she points and names each in turn, "Miran, Llammoth, Beinsel, and Percifeer, right?"

Turning back to the other, unmoving one, she adds, sadly, "And Pio..."

"What happened?" She asks again.

((On a side note: Ocyari is pronounced 'oh-see-ar-ee' ))


Posted on 2008-07-25 at 19:37:20.
Edited on 2008-07-25 at 21:41:37 by Reralae

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Welcome

When Miran realized that his brother still wasn't getting up, he grew worried and came once more to his brother's side. Don't tell me I failed, he fretted. Physically, Pio was in great condition thanks to the song of healing Beinsel wove for him, though he did nothing. After some time, Dorothy suggested to take the warrior to a special healer, to find out what it was that ailed him, if not a broken body. Good idea, he said to himself, then aloud, "That's a good idea, it seems to lay beyond our ability to recover him from whatever else may be afflicting him."

"Oh my!" The little girl exclaims, running over to the fallen warrior.
Miran turns to see a ten-year-old fitted in halfling armor race up to Pio's whole yet unconscious body.

"Umm," The girl hesitates, "So what just happened here?!" She blurts
"First, who are you and what are you doing in that incredulous outfit?" Miran questioned. As he got a good look at her, he realized that she was one of Ormander's orphans, like himself and the others. Though for that, this was no child's game; she should get back, preferably before Ormander finds her missing.

"By the way, I'm Ocyari, this is Paomallen." She adds, indicating the person she was with, "And you would be... umm..." recalling in her mind the others coming to the orphanage, she points and names each in turn, "Miran, Llammoth, Biensel, and Percifeer, right?"
Miran turns with surprise to Pao approach at a slower pace from behind, though makes no move to verify Ocyari in her role call. He nods to another one of his brothers and turns back to Ocyari. Like himself, he could see that she was one prone to ending up in trouble, how ever much of that in the past was due in part to Percifeer's efforts.

Turning back to the other, unmoving one, she adds, sadly, "And Pio..."

"What happened?" She asks again.

"What happened," Miran begins, "is what usually happens to those who strap on a suit of armour and take up a weapon, much like the ones you play with now. Something bad." The illusionist rose to his feet and turned away. Perhaps this rare kernel of embittered insight came along with some partial guilt for Pio's condition, though it was clear that he was not in a good mood.

As he drew himself aside, he drew his spellbook out, now severely water logged. Luckily, wizards were no fools as a whole, and designed even basic arcanabula (-bulae?) such as this with basic protection against a number of damaging effects. With care, he pried the pages open and ensured that all the pages with spells enscribed upon them were separated so that they didn't dry together. The ink should hold to their own pages for the most part, so Miran had little fear over his spell preparation rituals. The event did force the thoughtless illusionist to consider keeping a second spellbook safe, should this one become lost or damaged further.


Posted on 2008-07-25 at 22:06:34.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


That's not much of an answer...

Ocyari pouts slightly at Miran's answer, her lower lip extending just partially forward before she replies, "You know, 'something bad' is just about everything I ever get to hear. That's why I end up having to eavesdrop in order to find out anything!"

"Still, I can learn and take care of myself!" She says, bringing one hand up to cover the quiver as she flawlessly backflips out of the group's reach.

"Besides," Ocyari continues, examining the nails on her other hand, "Do you really want to waste time just escorting me back to the orphanage, when I'll just slip away again? It's pretty easy to do you know."

She looks at the group, her eyes widening and pleading, "So you wiiillll take me with you won't you?"


Posted on 2008-07-25 at 22:30:16.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.