The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is nhacaiuytin8.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Spamvertize - Facebook! (posted by breebles)Facebook!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> You Filthy Little Thief!!!
Parent thread: Filthy Thief Q/A
    Messages in You Filthy Little Thief!!!
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
2001 Posts


Skipping Ahead...

OOC: Sorry, gang, I'm skipping straight to the bakery as I don't have time to backpost... sorry for missing some great RP opportunities.

IC: Pio was content that the others were taking charge of the situation at Goddfrey's bakery. The knight wasn't sure their good brother would know much about the councilor. But maybe... maybe he'd run into a few of their other siblings... knew where they might be found.

Pio chimed in after Percy, "The bread would be great, Goddrey! Thank you. Percy's right, though. Best way you can help us out right now is with information. If you know anything about the councilor, that would be quite helpful. Even more so, though, we're wondering if you've run across a few of our other siblings since making a place for yourself outside the orphanage. We're also looking to speak with Joey, Mills, and Dory. Grikky, too... though I heard he's taken up with the Drefast guards. Seen any of them lately? KNow where we might find them."

OOC: Joey = Joe deLaro, Mills = Mills Zandergrek, Dory = Dorothy Galios. I hope it is okay to come up with pet names for our siblings.


Posted on 2008-03-11 at 16:02:22.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


No problem Ayrn

Goddfrey’s Bakery
East Hillside Path
Drefast
6 days left
~Positive Tide is normal
~Negative Tide is rising

“Well, information… “ Goddfrey scratched his head, sending a cloud of flower into his hair. “I don’t really see a lot of the old Orphans anymore. I haven’t seen or heard from Joey or Mills in some time. I’ve seen Grikky walk around patrolling the city once. He didn’t see me though, even though I waved.”

His face brightened when he remembered something.

“I’ve seen Dorothy though! Not too long ago. She came into the shop, didn’t even know it was mine. She said she had something to celebrate and bought a few of my cream-rolls. Dory sure was looking happy and healthy. She was heading for the Freemen’s Way; some shady tavern. I’d never heard of it though.”

(OOC: Neither have you with knowledge Local checks, you’re going to have to ask around if you want to find it.)

Then the door opened and Keira, Goddfrey’s assistant, peeped her head around the corner.

“Lov.. I mean, Goddfrey, there’s a gentleman from that expensive bakery, who wants to speak to you about the orders.”

Goddfrey nodded to her and then turned to his brothers and sisters. He pointed his thumb at the door.

“I got a good deal with them that I don’t want to miss. Stick around if you like, I’ll be done in a little bit. You can take a bread each if you want to leave now. I gotta go do this though.”

And he returned to the front of the shop, leaving the companions alone in the warm room.

(OOC: Pet names are fine, Ayrn. If you think Pio names them like that, being the older brother type he is, you should use them. )



Posted on 2008-03-11 at 20:35:24.

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
502 Posts


Giggles

It was all Llammoth could do not to laugh when Keira came in bumbling about for the appropriate name to call her brother Goddfrey. Lovers... she should've known, mind it could just be a loose tongued expression, however she doubted it. After their baker brother excuses himself she turns to her remainig siblings and says, ''Let's get out of here. It might be nice to see Dorothy again, but I have no idea where that tavern is, so I suggest we carry on with our planned out route, and inquire on the way.''


Posted on 2008-03-12 at 21:54:56.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
2001 Posts


Moving on...

Pio nodded at Goddfrey as he looked to excuse himself. “Thank you, brother. I suspect we’ll be off before you are finished with your clients. Thanks for the bread and the information.”

Freemen’s Way, huh… hmmm… The name didn’t conjure up any memories for the knight either.

When the baker had left, Lammoth said what Pio was thinking. ''Let's get out of here. It might be nice to see Dorothy again, but I have no idea where that tavern is, so I suggest we carry on with our planned out route, and inquire on the way.''

“Good idea,” Pio said simply, as he helped himself to a loaf of bread. He took in the smell of the fresh loaf deeply, enjoying the simplicity of the moment.

You done alright, eh, Goddfrey? he thought fondly as he took another smell and let the previous conversation with his brother sink in.

It was only a moment, though, before the weight of their current situation looked the press upon the knight a sense of urgency again.

“Shall we head across the river and pay the courthouse a visit?” asked Pio.

OOC: I’m assuming we’re all agreed here, yes? Courthouse next, then guard barracks?



Posted on 2008-03-14 at 07:26:24.

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
502 Posts


Agreeance

"Indeed, let's pay the law a visit. Perhaps we can determine the length of this corruption... for they grasp at straws, with only the words of authority that have it out for our father as a hold. That and the bracelet. Perhaps we might get a look at that and determine it's validity."

Llammoth began heading out the door, taking but a small chunk of bread along. She did not feel that hungry, but couldn't resist the tempting smell. As she passed by the huge cake, she also slipped a finger through the chocolate icing. Hopefully, Goddfrey wouldn't mind. Either way it was rudeness in kind. This was the little fib she told herself to make the mischievous deed right, for she knew that her family would have to wait for her if clients were at the door, but she pretended, at least in mind, that this was not the fact.


Posted on 2008-03-15 at 04:12:48.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


I suppose I've met the requirement of 'active' if to lesser degrees than others

Miran half listens as he inspects Goddfrey's work on the cake. It was really something to behold. He dragged his attention away from that long enough to look all around the man's workshop; his kitchen. The two furnaces were a sign that business was good, if one managed to ignore the cake set out on the table. The wizard reprimands himself for not visiting Goddfrey more often, after all it's not that he could claim that he couldn't find out.

He turned his attention to the conversation at the mention of the Freeman's Way. At first he was tempted to say, "I've heard of that place," but then he stops to consider the statement. He may have heard it mentioned somewher though the chance that he's heard anything anywhere is much higher than the chance that he chose to log it into his memory. He decided to keep quiet until Goddfrey's clients hailed him, -another sign that our brother has done well for himself,- he thought. He took a loaf of bread and inhaled it deeply, taking in a stronger dose of the smell that constantly permeates a baker's home.

Not to belittle the man's achievements or work, Miran had to think to himself how the life of a baker suited Goddfrey. It is often said that any given individual has portions of two individual gift, brain, or brawn. It all too often proved to be true with the sight of frail scholars and slow-minded brutes. To add to that, Goddfrey's kind-hearted nature forbade him from the life led by one who took advantage of such a gift of brawn. In the end the simplicity of a baker suited him. -I bet it doesn't hurt his resolve that he has a large supply of breads and pastries on hand when he is feeling up to taking a lunch break.-


Posted on 2008-03-15 at 05:19:14.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


the bridge

Goddfrey’s Bakery
East Hillside Path
Drefast
6 days left
~Positive Tide is normal
~Negative Tide is rising

The companions had to continue their quest; as good as it was to see Goddfrey and his fine business. They decided the Courthouse was next on their list, and grabbed a bread each.
When they opened up the door to the store part of the bakery, they noted Goddfrey talking to a man with a powdered face. The man was wearing a white curly wig and was clothed in blue velvet and gold.

“So we’re clear then? You deliver the pastries to the Courthouse on Thirkday at eight. Councillor Quortez will be very generous if his guests are pleased.”

The man gave them a disgusted look as the group passed by, but Goddfrey waved and smiled.

And then they were back on the streets. The fastest way to the Courthouse was to go back to Rogue-valley Square, and head towards the first Thunder River Bridge. It was an average day, and the streets were busy with merchants, travellers, guards and the occasional herald that shouted the news from little stages:

~Extra book market tomorrow at the Jusarin Cathedral. Funds to go to a new lead-painted window.~

~Two drunk men found dead in southern harbours. The word ‘vampire’ is whispered.~

~Sebarter Family claims ownership of large part of Drefast cattle stock. Archives will be checked.~

~Former captain of the guard Leroy Stocking returns with his band. Will be playing in The Crooked Whisk at midnight.~

They travelled fast, and reached the first Thunder River Bridge after half an hour. At that point they were half way to the Courthouse. The two bridges that crossed the wild waters were two wonders of architecture, and the pride of Drefast. From the balustrades they had a marvellous view of the docks, where ships were unloading and the smell of fish was strong. It was Pio that noted something that made him look again. There, on the west shore, north of the bridge and close to the water was a sign. A sign with an arrow, and letters that read: ‘Freemen’s Way’.



Posted on 2008-03-19 at 14:08:22.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
2001 Posts


Just a quick post so you don't have to wait on me...

As Pio approached the bridge, a sign caught his attention and caused him to pause for a double look. Sure enough, there it was.

Freeman's Way...
"Hey, wait a minute." Pio called out to his siblings. When they had stopped, Pio pointed out the sign to them. "Isn't that the name of the place Goddfrey said Dory said she was going to?"

OOC: Tag everyone. Insert affirmation here.

"Think we should check it out now, or come later tonight, after we pay the courthouse and the guards' quarters a visit?"


Posted on 2008-03-19 at 18:38:31.

suicidolt
RDI Fixture
Karma: 44/13
612 Posts


sorry about that

**backposting a bit, sorry for the delay**

Percifeer was happy to see that her brother was so busy he didn't have time for them. It was delightful that he could afford to feed them without concern for his own welfare. On the way out, she could help but grin as she saw Llamoth dipping into the frosting. Had they not been so close for so long, she wouldn't have seen it, but the time they had spent together had been full of 'jokes' of this nature. It was something they shared silently and wouldn't even need to mention for laughs later. In fact, Percifeer thought it so funny, that she wanted to join in. Still, she was quite aware that her sister was much better at such subtleties as she was. She simply smiled as they walked out of the bakery.

The sight of who her brother was speaking with nearly caused her to grimace. Fortunately, as Goddfrey waved at them, the councilor chose to grimace for her. The look nearly made her laugh, as her grin expanded. She reached in her bag as they made to leave and, upon pulling out a quill (entirely by accident of course) she lifted it too quickly and launched it behind her, dropping it pretty squarely at the feet of the two discussing the council's order. "Oops." she said, turning back and bending over. She reached down to pick up the quill, pulling her sleeve back (to keep it out of the way no doubt) and shook her arm, her bracelet dangling at the wrist. She picked up the quill in this fashion, giving both men full view of both the bracelet and her cleavage. It was a crude move, to be sure, but in her mind it was nothing more than quid-pro-quo. The council had been downright awful to her father. They deserved a bit of indecency in return. She then turned back to the group, biting on the tip of the quill and grinning. She rushed over to Pio and grabbed him by the arm, wrapping herself tightly about his arm as they headed off toward the courthouse. When they started to turn the corner, she kissed Pio on the cheek and said "Thanks" letting go of his arm to continue the journey toward the courthouse.

**

When they headed toward the courthouse, Pio spoke, "Isn't that the name of the place Goddfrey said Dory said she was going to?"

"Looks like it to me." Percifeer replied, though she knew it was unnecessary. Pio rarely forgot things.

"Think we should check it out now, or come later tonight, after we pay the courthouse and the guards' quarters a visit?"

"Time is a bit too short to be delaying ourselves with more greetings I think. Once we find out what we can from the courthouse, we should make our trip as efficient as we can on our way home. Perhaps then we'll have time to find Dory."


Posted on 2008-03-21 at 00:06:16.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Miran

Miran almost didn't even realize that Percifeer's actions were entirely intentional until it dawned on him that she picked up the quill in an abnormal fashion. He grinned and glanced at Llammoth aside him, enjoying the last of her swiped chocolatey treat. He paused in stride, having not noticed before. Why had he not done so when the opportunity was there? Percy scampered past him and he proceeded to follow, with a slightly injured pride in his ignorance of an opportunity passed.

In such manner sulked he until upon the bridge across the Thunder River he heard Pio ask for verification of something he was trying to remember.

"Isn't that the name of the place Goddfrey said Dory said she was going to?"

"Looks like it to me." Percifeer replied before Miran had the chance.

"That I can second," he says, though even less necessary than his sister's statement. Though as for that, he didn't want anyone forgetting that he had a knack for memory, so speak he did.


Posted on 2008-03-21 at 02:03:52.
Edited on 2008-03-21 at 02:06:46 by Sibelius Eos Owm

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


the courthouse

First Thunder River bridge
Drefast
Drannon
~Positive Tide is normal
~Negative Tide is rising

With an agreement to return to the docks later they continued their journey towards the courthouse. A little while later they arrived at Stout Galius Square, named after the former Emperor, where the courthouse was situated.

The building itself was a stone marvel, with exterior columns, high windows, balustrades and a long stairway which was now completely covered with people. A carriage with two black horses stood waiting at the bottom of the stairs, but the driver looked like he had been there some time. Commoners and tourists alike stood waiting and chatting vividly.

Something was going on that drew a bigger crowd than usual.



Posted on 2008-03-23 at 00:00:09.
Edited on 2008-03-23 at 00:01:30 by Almerin

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
502 Posts


Where Did I Put That Subpeona!

When Pio had noticed the sign pointing towards ''Freemen's Way'' Llammoth was about to suggest that they carry onwards to the court house, and swing by the tavern later on in the evening, but her thoughts were effectively conveyed by her sister of circumstance, so rather than speak she simply elected to nod in agreeance. More than any reason, she was not so sure that their other siblings would be of much use to them, not in a dire situation such as this.

Llammoth had been familiarized with the noble courts of power, and knew the inner workings of the complex society in which they lived. Politics, or at least good politics taught the arts of truth in lies. Her concierge had once told her when she had come to him with a lack of information on the persecution of a dear friend of his, whom she had referred to for knowledge in the matter. She had told him that she used a few close contacts in the justice departments. He told her, ''Try to avoid friends and family when the news you seek is of dear consideration. If you want to know the truth of a horrid situation, ask of your enemies. An enemies lies are far more the useful counter to your families truths.''

The young half-orc informant had known these words to be true through numerous tests of vigor. It seemed that the more your enemy had to gain from your pain, the more they revelled in bragging about their part in it. That, and the lies and half truths of foes exposed far more truth than the hidden and thoughtful considerations of friends and kin.

Llammoth observed the crowd before the courthouse, and figured that this would be a prime opportunity to mingle with the denizens of the district. ''Excuse me for a moment, I'm going to try and figure out what's going on around here that would draw such a crowd.''

As the rogue pushed her way through the crowd she began asking questions such as ''What's going on around here,'' and,''who owns the carriage out front.'' After a few minutes of this, she headed back towards her brothers and Percifeer, to share the knowledge she had learned with her siblings.

(Gather Information check, in case that was unclear.)


Posted on 2008-03-24 at 08:45:32.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


Gossip

Outside Courthouse
Stout Galius Square
Drefast
~Positive Tide is normal
~Negative Tide is rising

Llammoth bid the others to wait while she gathered what was going on that was so important that it drew a crowd so big.
An old woman with hair like spiderwebs and a skin as wrinkled as a stormy ocean seemed eager to talk, after her initial shock of talking to a half orc.

“Deary, you won’t believe what’s going on! There’s a family that discovered they have a right to a big part of the cattle in Drefast and its surrounding countryside. That’s a big deal you know. Lot’s of money involved!”

Another bystander, an old man as eager for gossip as the woman, joined in: “They found some kind of mistake in the Archives. It’s unheard of! They’s inside now, checking the paperwork, and people are awaiting the outcome. If they’s right, that means some people are not going to be happy!”

More people mingled in the conversation, and Llammoth learned that the Sebarter family was a rich family already, but that with this find, their wealth would double. It wasn’t often the Archives were wrong, so this error meant a great deal.



Posted on 2008-03-24 at 10:27:56.

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
502 Posts


This, That, and a Prayer or Two.

Llammoth returned to the others, relating what she had heard about the commotion to her siblings, "The Sebarter family has found an apparent flaw in the archives. The people are saying that they claim ownership of a large amount of cattle, and that if this is proven true, that this already rich family will be even better off than before."

Though she finds this information interesting, Llammoth finds it hard to focus on the importance of the situation. Truly, she knows that the townsmen will likely suffer, that this is a case of the poor becoming worse off, and the rich gaining foothold upon their heads. The problem is, that this does not seem to be their problem.

Her honey brown eyes scanned the faces of her kin, before she divulged her thoughts aloud. "Do you think perhaps we should come back another time? The courts will be busy with this incident, and will likely shoo us out the door. I can't see any good coming of our visit at this juncture. Perhaps we should just carry on and return at another time?"

Without waiting for an answer, she craned her neck back towards the court house, surveying the scene. It was chaos, there would be little accomplished she was sure. Though the others may disagree. She found her gaze hardening on the black carriage outside the front steps. This dillemma had a wrench thrown into it at every turn. How would they save the orphanage and their father from his fate if the gods were unwilling to give them a chance. What of Falloes? 'We seek to protect the weak and the poor, but at every turn there lies a nuisance. Can't you help us old man?' Her prayer was but a thought, as she exchanged the view of the carriage for that of her empty palms.


Posted on 2008-03-28 at 01:24:22.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
2001 Posts


What to do? What to do?

With his arm linked with Percy’s, Pio stood back at the edge of the crowd, taking in the scene before him. Between his “sister’s” natural beauty and the light of day gleaming off his armor, the young knight looked regal. His face and posture carried the nobility of his people. It is not as though Pio flaunted it… it was a natural, inner strength which shined through.

Standing at the edge of the crowd, the young knight waited patiently for Llammoth to return from her information gathering. He could feel the tension within Percy, though. “Patience, m’lady,” he spoke gently to his sister. “Let’s try not to be noticed today.”

Llammoth returned soon enough with the rumour that there had been an error in the Archives. While his body remained still, his eyes definitely betrayed his shook at hearing the news. The archives are never wrong… or, at least, very, VERY rarely.
Pio frowned at the news. His half-orc sister spoke his thoughts a moment before him, "Do you think perhaps we should come back another time? The courts will be busy with this incident, and will likely shoo us out the door. I can't see any good coming of our visit at this juncture. Perhaps we should just carry on and return at another time?"

Pio nodded his agreement, “I think your right, sister. I do not think the officials at court will be available to address our questions today. We may have to wait a day before we examine the alleged scene of the crime.”

Pio allowed the news of Sebarter’s claim to sink in a bit more, letting his gaze follow Llammoth’s to the black carriage. “It’s unfortu..."

It's here that his sister, Percy, interrupted...



Posted on 2008-03-28 at 05:49:07.
Edited on 2008-03-28 at 21:20:32 by Ayrn

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.