The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3982 registered users. Our newest member is maycuaxichvinafarm.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Rise of the Runelords
Related thread: Rise of the Runelords Campaign Q&A / Information Pages
Related thread: Rise of Runelords Recruitment Forum
Related thread: Rise of Runelords Combat Log
Related thread: Runelords Character Info
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Loki, Chunky-Monkey, stryke, fynor, Laurelestra, Trace9723, Glory of Gallifrey
    Messages in Rise of the Runelords
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Response

Hot Pepper ... For you miss .. two silver per pound I'll get you all you want (just update your sheet with the amount you want for the price)

Not sure where Taden is, the group decides to head over to the mayor's office together. Perhaps he will meet up with us there. (Update your sheets with any in town purchases you would like to make)


*NOTE*

Role Playing XP - 300 xp to everyone

Level 2
As you level - You get 2 Building Points (I will explain later) You also got 1 Building Point(BP) for Lvl 1 and you also got 1 BP if you have posted character background info on the Characters page. If anyone is not level 2, please let me know. Also .. PM me your new character sheets for lvl 2 please When everyone has done this we will proceed. Anyone know what happened to stryke? PM me if you know

*WILL EDIT OUT ALL THIS PART LATER*


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 15:03:50.

Laurelestra
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/0
35 Posts


Myra

Myra heads with the others over to the town hall in preparation for the meeting. She feels stronger now and more confident, ready for the next adventure.


Lvl 2 Character Sheet Has Been Sent


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 16:40:23.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 13:01:16 by Laurelestra

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Town Hall

Leaving the general stores with her acquaintances Selaro heads across the road into the town hall expecting to be greeted by one of the town officials and told why they are needed. She knew it would be something fairly big as if it wasn't a detachment of the guard would be sent, and not something too important as otherwise they would just get a mercenary to do it. They were trusted and they were needed.


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 22:39:52.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


town hall

i head over to the town hall after Selaro has left.


Posted on 2008-02-16 at 16:36:21.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

Ariellyn follow Selaro out of the genreal sotre. "I will follow you.it will dave me from becoming lost in the city." Since I have still unfamiliar with most of it. MAinly I entered into the battle as I entered the gates.

"I didn't pay much attention to what street I was on or the surroundings except for the cover they provided me at that time. THen I was sent to the Rusty Dragon to meet there and the rest we have share together."


Posted on 2008-02-18 at 08:18:24.
Edited on 2008-02-19 at 19:11:50 by Brianna

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Responce

In responce to Ariellyn Selaro replays
"You'd fing it hard to get lost on the way across the road, What do you think he wan't us for?"


Posted on 2008-02-18 at 08:51:54.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

Well they have rewarded us for what we did and a Isaresay it isn't for that. WHile not sure I could hazard a few guesses. One their are some remmanents of goblins that ran from the city and need hunnting down. Or, perhaps tSandpint wants to find out why the goblins attacked the city in the first place." Ariellyn respinds to Selano's question of her. Actually she was curious too however she had thought about the possibilities when she first got the message.

"I thought it strange when I found out you have never had an attack like this one from the goblins before. THat leads me to believe there has been a change in whatever is going on around her that made their attack important to someone. After all Goblins don't like fighting during the day, they are not good and stand and fight tactics. Mostly they like to smbush a group with a superior number that so overwhelms them that the goblins can get away with what they want to.

The place where they were to meet was just across the road and so she was still responding to Selaro as they walk up to the doors and the City hall. Ariellyn opened up a door for Selaro. THen followed her in.

"Anyway that was two possiblie reasons that I thought of earlier I could also be just about anything else that needs of group such as ours is to take care of a problem. I think we will know shortly if everyone who is interested arrives promptly."


Posted on 2008-02-19 at 19:21:57.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Selaro

"You seem to have given this a lot of thought" Selaro says passing Ariellyn as she walks through the open door
"you seem to of had experience with goblins before, might I ask where and continue on the subject of their strategies, if this dose concern the goblin attack knowledge is our best weapon. It dose however strike me that they are a very primitive and cowardly race of bearings."


Posted on 2008-02-19 at 21:38:43.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Level 2

I have most of the character sheets so far .. I am going to be setting up the next part shortly and jumping us into the next section. I will NPC stryke until he gets back. The rest of us should be good to go.

If you still haven't gotten your character sheet done .. try to get it done sometime in the next week, maybe by this weekend if you can so we can get rolling again.

Also .. We may be having a new hero join us which will be good.


Posted on 2008-02-20 at 14:04:01.
Edited on 2008-02-21 at 13:12:46 by Devalero

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The story continues

One by one, the heroes of sandpoint enter the mayors office. Sherrif Hemlock and Mayor Deverin enter as well and stand with a long elf on one side of the main meeting hall. Please, everyone .. have a seat the mayor remarks to each one who enters. We will have introductions Also joining the heroes is a newcomer. (Make sure to check out Riva's Character Description)

The meeting takes place in a comfortable office on the second floor of the town hall. Kendra Deverin, the town mayor, once again introduces herself to the heroes and re-thanks each one for their remarkable service to the town. Hemlock introduces the pointy eared elf as Shalelu Andosana This is an unofficial member of Sandpoint's town guard he continues and a smirk appears on Shalelu's face. He continues These are the heroes of Sandpoint. They are just the ones we need for the task at hand. The sheriff smiles at the group and continues with the specifics at hand

Shalelu has been a thorn in the side of the local goblin tribes for years, and few in the region know more about them than her. She tells me that Sandpoint isn't the only place in the region that has had goblin troubles. In short, there has been an increase in goblin-related raids along the Lost Coast Road, particularaly in the dale between the Nettlewood and Mosswood. Why only a day ago a farm to the south was burnt to the ground by a group of goblins. Fortunately Shalelu here was able to save the family. This problem is obviously not going away. I will let Shalelu continue The mayor motions to the elf who clears her throat and addresses the heroes of Sandpoint further.

Belor's told me of your work against the goblins - well done! I've dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they're tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite. Anyways, there are five major tribes in the region, and traditionally they are pretty good at keeping each other in line with internal squabbles and the like. Yet, from what I've been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sanpoint. A fair amount of the Mosswood tribe goblins I dealt with yesterday wore wounds from the encounter and there was a lot of chatter about the 'longshanks' who killed so many of them. Now that I've met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions that they meant you. Seems you have made quite an impression Shalelu smiles at the heroes warmly and continues In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don't usually get along unless something big is planned, and big plans require big bosses. I'm afraid that someone has moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by the recent raids, what they're organizing seems like bad news for all of us. With this she looks over at the Sheriff once again

The sheriff explains I will be taking a trip south to Magnimar to see if I can secure additional soldiers to help us in cleaning out the local goblins. I will be gone for a few weeks recruiting and I have a favor to ask of you all. For here is the real reason I have called you. While I am out of town and Shalelu sniffs out the goblins around Shank's Wood, Devil's Platter and other goblin camps, I would like for you all to become a town watch of sorts. The locals seem to have taken to you and seeing you around town will do a lot to keep worries down while I am away. I know that it sounds a lot like babysitting, but there are few I can trust to do a good job while I am away. I feel that this group He points to the heroes around the table Has the skill and promise of keeping the town in order. I am sure I will have to deal with a lot of red tape in Magnimar and I must know that the town will be safe while I am gone. I do, also, of course offer you what I can in payment for your services. What do you say? When I return, I will be putting you in charge of these soldiers to lead an all out assault on the goblins who attacked us
The sheriff looks around at the heroes and waits for their response.




Posted on 2008-02-22 at 14:17:53.
Edited on 2008-02-22 at 14:33:28 by Devalero

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


The Meeting

During the meeting with Mayor Deverin, Sherrif Hemlock and this new character, Shalelu Andosana Selaro sits and listens with a keen ear but dose not speak a word out of term. But when the time to speak dose come she stands and is the first to speak
"Mayor Deverin, I am honored, as I think that we all are, that you would trust us with such a responsibility as leading an assault on the goblins but I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are neither soldiers or commanders. We can not simply take charge of a band of soldiers and expect they to follow us, or to expect us to be able to lead an attack. I am very willing to keep a presence in Sandpoint to keep up town spirits but I don't think I have the capability to lead an attack, even if it is" she looks at Shalelu
"against tenacious and fecund little runts." and she faces back to Mayor Deverin
"I would like to protect this area and Sandpoint from attacks and raids and to get to the bottom of whatever is happening but I think there is a far better way to do it they just to march almost blindly and to hope." and she sits down in her chair for the next person to speak.


Posted on 2008-02-22 at 16:12:16.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


The meeting

"Yes, i would like to be a town watch." Welbry says with a smile on his face.
"But leading an army. i don't think i could do that again. er... How many goblins will we be fighting." Wishing he had never said 'i don't think i could do that again' and no one was listening.


Posted on 2008-02-22 at 18:27:02.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn's Alternative Solution

Ariellyn brow furros a bit as she considers what each has has to day the after listening to the responses of the other "heros" she had to agree with them. SHe was not army comander and while she would gladly help fight the goblins she had not training in leading others into battle. SHe thought perhaps sometimes she might have enough experience but certainly not at this stage of her life.

"I must agree with Selaro and Welbry, I am no soldier. I am not town watch either. I would not mind being on call if it is necessary for me to help out but to be regular town watch no. I think you should keep you regular town watch performing their normal activities. THose of use who agree to your plans can divide ourselves up under our own schedule and be an auxillary of your town watch. A sort of special force that can be dalled up as necessary. Ariellyn continues. "I understand the Mayor reluctance to let you go recuiting so soon after that combined goblin attack. which is why I will make myself available to aid Sandpoint while you are goon.

"As for leading troops, I possesss few skills and no experience in doing so.. I am more use to fighting with a small diverse group, such as we comprise within ourselves.
So let us work as an indipendent auxillary group to augment you town watch. We can make sure one or two of use are with them throughout the day and night and the rest of use be on call."

Ariellyn truens to the newcomer, Shalelu Andosana, "I too believe that there is some driving force behind the goblins. Large scale planning is not in their normal repertoire and getting tribes to work together does mean a unifying force, that is someone or thing much stronger and worse than they are."

"The other alternative is to let us go out, Sheriff, and recruit for you. That way you can stay here and we can go out with a writ from you to gather recruits."


Posted on 2008-02-22 at 19:51:32.
Edited on 2008-02-22 at 19:56:16 by Brianna

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


seated

Staying seated Selaro addressed Ariellyn
"I do not think that Mayor Deverin is suggesting that we carry out the exact duties of the town guard but to keep a presence on the streets to reassure the towns folk and if something should crop up when one of us is present that we sort it out." OOC: sort of like a community support officer.
"I am interested in Welbry's comment, tell us Welbry, what experience have you had in leading a force of soldiers?"


Posted on 2008-02-22 at 21:00:24.

Glory of Gallifrey
RDI Fixture
Karma: 34/7
596 Posts


The Meeting

She had been summonned by the Sherriff while still on shift at the Rusty, and had com without chnging after. Riva was certain she still reeked of cider and ale, but she did not wish to make them wait. As it was, she had arrived before the others and hand taken a place against the wall, hands upon her hips, listening to the plan as it was laid out before them.

Now that the plea for help had been made, Riva watched the others as they processed the information. It was definitely a strange collection of adventurers she had been chosen to join, and she wondered how many of them were suited to wage a war on the goblin hordes encroaching on the peace of Sandpoint.

Wellbry's comment intruiged her, though, and she hooked her thumbs into pockets of her low rise fitted breeches.

"Yes, Wellbry," she said, head cocked to the side as she studied him. "What is this experience?"


Posted on 2008-02-23 at 00:18:05.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.