The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4010 registered users. Our newest member is thuydo27.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Take Online Backing If Being Unable To Change Hotmail Password (posted by albertlisy90)Albert
Q&A Threads - Get Forgot Facebook Password Snags Fixed Using Technical Help (posted by albertlisy90)Albert
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Rise of the Runelords
Related thread: Rise of the Runelords Campaign Q&A / Information Pages
Related thread: Rise of Runelords Recruitment Forum
Related thread: Rise of Runelords Combat Log
Related thread: Runelords Character Info
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Loki, Chunky-Monkey, stryke, fynor, Laurelestra, Trace9723, Glory of Gallifrey
    Messages in Rise of the Runelords
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

Most of the information was more background and history. What was not mentioned was why the goblins are attacking in combined forces and so she asks about that. "Any speculation or knowledge of why the goblins are now combining forces and attacking Sandpoint. IF they have just raided the junk pile why are they now after the city itself. Something or somone is driving them to do it, That something is stronger and badder than they are which is why they are working together. That is what we really need to find out about and stop."

In the meantime until we can get ahold of a goclin and interrrogate them we do need to help these people out. "I would like to see a map of Sandpoint that we can refer too. I would know how and where the goblinds entered the city last time and therefore concentrate on those areas. THey don't like water so I dobt that they would try to use boats of rafts. I know there are the two bridges into the city but what about where it is connected to the pennisula itself. What sort of defenses are there in place already and where. With that information we can make the best use of our numbers and abilities." offers Ariellyn

"Having dogs become part of the watch is a good idea. Their keen noses might help us find them before they find us. Dogs and horses are a great idea. I will wee how far my money will stretch to get one or the other. I think all the night watch sheuld have a dog or two with them and not just us." Ariellyn continues.

"Other input as to what we can do to help this town or what we cand help this town do for itself."


Posted on 2008-02-28 at 20:45:18.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


A response to a question I don't know the answer to.

"You are quite correct that we need knowledge of what is organising the goblins and why but I do not know much about goblins and their kind and that is why I am focusing primarily on the matter of defending the town. I am no tactician and no goblin psychologist." with that she pauses for a short time mulling over what she is going to say next and continues
"I believe that the north gate is quite well guarded but the bridges are unguarded and so that is probably the way the goblins got in. A guard dog costs 25 gold for your information and until we get that all important information our strengths are best if we concentrate them on defending the town."


Posted on 2008-02-29 at 20:38:55.
Edited on 2008-03-01 at 00:02:31 by Loki

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

I will copy this map is no one minds so that I might use to familiarise myself with this place.

"Thank you about the price of dogs around here. I willsee what I can do about that."

Ariellyn kne her funds wouldn't stretch that far, since she had gotten new arrow with her part of the reward. Perhaps she could befriend a stray about town, or see would see what she could do to earn money in a different way.

"As for information about who is organizing the goblins we will have to take a goblin or two for questioning." she finishes


Posted on 2008-02-29 at 23:58:05.
Edited on 2008-03-01 at 00:05:46 by Brianna

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


question

Once hearing Ariellyn talk Selaro decided that the conversation needed structure so they did not lose any advantage, such as a goblin expert.
"For now we need to not get overwhelmed, we should now discus and put our attention towards what might be organising the goblins." she says it as a suggestion but it is that type that has to be headed as it seems the most logical thing to do and continues to ask Shalelu a question
"Shalelu, do you know what creatures there are in the area that would have some reason to attack towns, I don't think it could be any of the goblin 'champions' as they seem not to have anything to benefit from attacks like the last from what you have already told us."


Posted on 2008-03-01 at 00:09:57.
Edited on 2008-03-01 at 00:14:19 by Loki

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

Ariellyn will listen to what Shalelu has to say about any creatures that might want ot attack the town. before continuing

When Shalelu finishes she turns to Selaro, "Yes I agree it will up to us to set out the watches we will take in defense of the town. Because of my ability to see further than humans at night I offer to take night time watches. if you will group me with sometone who knows the town well I think that would be best for me as an outsider.



Posted on 2008-03-01 at 02:14:50.
Edited on 2008-03-01 at 02:18:33 by Brianna

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Pairings

Ok .. if you guys are going to do pairings .. what pairings are you going to do?


Posted on 2008-03-01 at 14:10:35.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Parings

The idea is that we pair of with a member of the guard but we need a some new routes, doing 12 hour shifts isn't a very good idea


Posted on 2008-03-01 at 14:15:21.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn.

"I will have to rely on your knowlde of this place to pick out the beest routes for us to patrol." Ariellyn states. With my bow I am better at range shots, and that would mean more straight routes for me and less of the brooked paths.

Once you make the pairing I owuld like to go over the route I will be patroling ahead of time so familiarized myself with it.


Posted on 2008-03-02 at 22:10:03.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Ok ..

Individually you divide up amongst members of the guard and create shifts for a town watch to patrol the streets. There are enough guards to go around and actually enough for two guards per patrol.

How do you want to do shifts?


Posted on 2008-03-03 at 14:31:13.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


On page 11

On page 11 I have posted up the routes, they involve the characters who have left the adventure working on the NPC shift.

Just to clarify, each shift will be 8 hours long and with a member of the town guard.

"I shall walk you over your route once I know what one you wish to do, as for me, I would like a the morning shift on route 2 as my accommodations are on that route. I will also spend the majority of my day there so if I am needed you can find me easily."


Posted on 2008-03-03 at 19:34:46.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


Welbry

"Yes i agree with the dog idea, I think I might be able to ride one i will need to take some money from the 1000 in the bank, but i will only take the money i need. As for the watches i will do the night watch on route 1 as for the other watch for all of you i will be in the rusty dragon dieing down people out side for you, in the afternoon."


Posted on 2008-03-04 at 18:40:25.
Edited on 2008-03-04 at 18:46:07 by Chunky-Monkey

Glory of Gallifrey
RDI Fixture
Karma: 34/7
596 Posts


RIVA

Riva had ignored all resquests for more information about herself; in her mind, these questions had little enough to do with the situation at hand. Rather, Riva immersed herself in the plans unfolding before them all and felt the touch of destiny upon them all.

(more to come; placeholder)


Posted on 2008-03-07 at 13:27:42.

Trace9723
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/3
30 Posts


Memory

Taden Studies the map eyes intense a few seconds later he looks away acquiring what he needed. Taden had been daydreaming all day thinking about what it was the witch said. Looking for any hidden meanings but obviously everything she said was plain as day.

He looked up at his companions and smiled a little. " I may be able to help by summoning a creature to guard while someone rests. He takes some scraps of paper from his satchel and began to write on them. Hm I'm not entirely sure what spells to prepare because anything could happen mage armor would be a nice one but then again. Taden pulls out his spell book and flips through the pages trying to memorize at least one cantrip.

He slams the book shut and stows it in his backpack. " That does it well we still have problems to figure out." "I will take what ever route you see me best fit to secure I request that a close ranged fighter come with me."


Posted on 2008-03-08 at 05:50:35.
Edited on 2008-03-08 at 05:54:24 by Trace9723

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

I don't care which route either. Though my night sight is better thans a human's is so a night watch is good for me too.

Areillyn just doesn't care which on she is on. she soes take stime to study the map to help her get around the town. Afer this meeting she is going out and actually wake the routes so she gets them in her head. and to her her find vantage points to hold back a group of goblins or trap them in a dead end alley or force then to come at her one at a time. SHe also is going to look for high vantages points she could climb up and shot from a height down on her foes.


Posted on 2008-03-08 at 06:08:50.

Glory of Gallifrey
RDI Fixture
Karma: 34/7
596 Posts


Riva

Riva, after studying the map, looks carefully at each of her companions.

"We should pair off according to ability. Those of us with no ranged abilities ahould be paired with someone for whom range is a specialty."


Posted on 2008-03-10 at 11:49:26.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.