The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is nicpod.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by t_catt11)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Rise of the Runelords
Related thread: Rise of the Runelords Campaign Q&A / Information Pages
Related thread: Rise of Runelords Recruitment Forum
Related thread: Rise of Runelords Combat Log
Related thread: Runelords Character Info
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Loki, Chunky-Monkey, stryke, fynor, Laurelestra, Trace9723, Glory of Gallifrey
    Messages in Rise of the Runelords
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Trace9723
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/3
30 Posts


The Morning

Taden awoke early in the morning opened his spellbook and began to prepare his spells for the day.He yawned as he flipped and prepared his spells for the day. He closed it walked over to the door pacing I wonder if I should go Selaro will be there. He prepared his spells and walked outside to the meeting area to find the Noble and the rest.


Posted on 2008-01-11 at 23:57:15.
Edited on 2008-01-12 at 15:02:14 by Trace9723

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Tickwood Awaits

After almost a full days journey, Tickwood forest enters into view. The carriage speeds through a wooded trail heading deeper and deeper into the forest. Although the forest is wide, the sun's rays penetrate through in various places sending warm rays down to the earthen floor below. The floor, covered with moss and fern, holds some moisture although it has not rained. The wind blows gently swaying the tops of trees and eventually, the Carriage pulls to a stop inside the woods.
Aldern looks out and claps The tickwood hunting grounds at last. My hunting companions await. Exit and stay close. Some of these are not to be trusted. Deep within Tickwood forest, a small tent town had been erected. Many parties of hunters staked out small areas of the makeshift village, sharpening their weapons and rubbing oils on their bowstrings. Fletching new arrows and cooking rabbit and deer over small campfires throughout. The sun was setting soon, but even as Aldern Foxglove stepped out of the Carriage, many heads turned to look upon him, some with respect, still others with disdain.
The hunt, after all was a competition. And all were after the same prize. Only one party can win the championship pelt of the wild boar that has been loosed in this forest. We shall be those champions. Turning to Selaro he quickly added Of course, we will also feast on the meat of our victory. It will be enough to feed us all well and none shall be wasted he smiled. He wanted to make sure that he did not offend her with the hunt. He knew her dislike for senseless animal killing.


Posted on 2008-01-14 at 03:42:52.
Edited on 2008-01-14 at 03:46:42 by Devalero

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Tickwood Hunt

After arriving at the hunting encampment in Tickwood and stepping out the carriage Selaro carefully surveyed the scene (spot check) and was disappointed that this was just another game that the nobility engaged in. Although this disappointment did not show it seemed that Aldern had sensed that she was displeased as he spoke to assure her that none of the meat would be wasted but she knew better then to trust people blindly and in her heart knew that this was wrong. She then approched and addresed Aldern
Will you be able to provide me with a shortbow and quiver for the hunt Aldern?.

When everyone else had exited the caravan and she had finished her survey she retreated to the elf who she now knew was called Ariellyn and spoke to her in hushed tongs
Another disappointment from the world of men, obsessed with needless killings, although I knew better then to hope. Will you be participating in the hunt? As I don't think that I will unless I can be provided with a short-bow, then at least I can be seen to take an active part.


Posted on 2008-01-14 at 13:56:11.
Edited on 2008-01-14 at 14:01:21 by Loki

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Camp

Aldern moves about getting possessions out of the Carriage. He tells anyone that needs a bow or anything else it will be provided. He informs everyone that the hunt will begin in the morning and that they will travel as a team to try to get the correct "marked" boar in the forest before the others do. Even if you cannot hunt, a skill in healing or in helping out with a trap or holding a spear will be useful in capturing our prize. Camp is set up and in the morning the hunt will begin

*NOTE* I am giving a chance for anyone to post any role playing here .. we will begin the hunt shortly as time has been given for player responses here


Posted on 2008-01-15 at 14:43:45.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


Grush

As Grush settled down by the fire with the others he only had one thing to say, although some may percieve this nosy "I was just wondering whether any of you got a surprise when you woke up this morning." Grush decided to keep quiet about the helmet he had woken up to find in an attempt to be tactful. Griush started to play gently with the figurine at his belt gently caressing it with his hand until someone answered him...


Posted on 2008-01-15 at 17:38:17.

Trace9723
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/3
30 Posts


Taden

Taden steps out toward the new person in the group slowly staff clicking slowly. hello my name is Taden and what is yours With that he walks toward Aldern sternly asking for a bow. He steps then toward the fire near Grush sits down and invites the elf to sit near him. He lifts his hands and casts Dancing Lights to illuminate the grounds further the orbs of light flicker casting a dim glow. He surveys the area looking at the competition laughing. All this anger about a foolish competition that was solely about the needless waste of killing animals that most likely will rot in the sun before even being able to be eaten. He thought to himself.


Posted on 2008-01-15 at 20:36:43.
Edited on 2008-01-15 at 20:42:04 by Trace9723

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


thankyou

"Thank-you Taden" Selaro says kindly after sitting down next to him facing Grush and after acquiring a short bow and quiver from Aldern, and addressing Grush "No, I didn't find anything out-of-the-ordinary when I woke up, how about you two Taden and Ariellyn? Now you have reviled that fact Grush, for I'm sure it's a fact," (Sense Motive, Taking a 10) "you must tell us what you found strange, perhaps it's something to do with your mask as I can not see it about your person." (Spot, taking a 10)




Posted on 2008-01-15 at 20:48:41.
Edited on 2008-01-16 at 07:01:32 by Loki

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

Ariellyn dismount the carriage. and stepped to the side out of the way. THe young noble's words had put her off any interest in taking part in the hunt. She stands quietly near the others. Listening to them speak. She found it interesting that such diverst personalities had seem to bond together by yesterdays events. Well at least so far. Time would probably break down those bonds as they went their seperate ways. She could not see an Orc hobnobbing with a elf or a magic user for long. Their interestsm backgrounds, cultures were so vastly different.

As Selaro moves up she ask Arielkyn if she is planning to take part. Ariellyn replies in a low voice for Selaro;s ears alone

"Thank you Selaro for the question. Under the circumstances that we have here I am of two minds on this matter. Ir the hunt were only us then the animals has a fair chance of avoiding us and getting away. Her is a a trapped animal with all their others after him. All looking to be the one who kills the boar and win the prize. I have not likeing for this at all. Besides I am very afraid some will be shooting will nilly into the woods at anything that moves on the ground. I would be surprised if an sccidental shootings did not occur. I will ravel with the young noble but I will not take part is this slaughter of a helpless animal. I will only shoot to perserve life."

When Grush asks the group if they had found a gift when they woke she replies, "I found nothingm like a gift. What did you get?" and then listens to what the others' replied to Grush's question..





Posted on 2008-01-15 at 22:55:29.

Laurelestra
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/0
35 Posts


Around the Campfire

Myra was tired after the journey and ready for bed. She was excited about the hunt and the adventure of it all. Sitting by the campfire she almost fell asleep but heard Grush and the others talking about a mystery. She decided to speak up. I too had a similar experience this morning Grush. I found my holy relic to Desna to be .. different. She showed the symbol and pointed to the Emerald now forged into the silver. I can tell that it is mine .. in fact I know that it is mine .. but that emerald .. is not mine .. and almost as if a dream .. I know it is supposed to be there. I cannot explain it. What happened to you Grush? It is my belief that Desna has blessed us .. I feel this for more reasons than just this strange gift. (I will rely on some knowldege religion or spellcraft if it will help identify this as a gift from Desna)


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 13:51:54.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Campfire and the Hunt

As the friends sat around the campfire and discussed the strange events that had been experienced .. They slowly one by one fell asleep. The morning came quickly but in the darkness of the forest, even as the sun broke it seemed dark and still. Aldern called to everyone. It is time. With a composite longbow strapped to his back and a quiver of arrows .. He motioned to a blanket on the ground which held more arrows and simple bows for anyone who needed one. We are at a loss without my dog but we will still be victorious. Some of the other groups have already headed out. We should make haste.
*NOTE* Anyone can make a final story post until we go into combat mode again for the actual hunt. Once you make your post head on over to the combat log where a new combat has been created for you to enter


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 13:57:24.
Edited on 2008-01-16 at 13:58:12 by Devalero

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


dogs!

"I will not come on the hunt with you, your party is quite big enough to out wit and to impose your will upon it, take away its life and eat it. There is no use trying to persuade me as my mind was made up the moment you mentioned setting a dog on it. I will stay here, await your return with you hands blooded, practice sword-work with anyone who remains and then dine with you on some meat killed for our eating and not for sport."
She then places the bow she was given in the wagon they arrived in, set down and crossed her arms in defiance of Aldern's wishes.


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 17:17:43.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


the hunt

"Yes i will come. I am looking forward to the prise and eating that boar" and takes out his short bow.


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 18:27:14.
Edited on 2008-01-16 at 18:30:58 by Chunky-Monkey

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


te gods

"It would seem the gods have blessed me well because when I awoke this morning i found my mask to be replaced by something else it was a helmet of sorts but not an ordinary soldiers helmet it had a blue tint to it." Grush nearly flushed at this because his 'gift' seemed so much better than Myras i mean whats an emerald in a cross going to do.

After seeing Aldern approach Grush swiftly got up and stood to his lords attention this man was afigurehead o Grush he was the closest thing to a chief he had known since the days whn he was part of a clan. he wanndered if the lord could make use of him as bodyguard or soldier in his household but stayed this question until a more suitable time for now Grush was focused on the hunt so he bent down and picked up his hunting bow and quiver of 5 arrows and went to stand next to the lord.



Posted on 2008-01-16 at 18:37:39.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn in the Woods

Arirllyn certainly had no gift but she was not the envious sort. "Then you two were blessed by whatever gods you serve fperhaps for your deeds yeaterday. Congratulations are in order.

Ariellyn walks over to Selaro who has seperated herself from those going on the hunt, "If all good well enough I will be back. I am not going to hunt this creature but I will try to keep fools from shooting at whatever seems to be moving in the forest unless they know what it is, I suspect there will be injuries."

With her green cloak and clothes once Ariellyn moves into the forested area she blends into the scenery eassily as is usual for her kind in the woods. Especially since she turned her reversible cloak so the green side is out it dark color so similar to the shadows cast by leaves and brush


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 19:39:45.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


decisions

"Your decisions are your own to chose from but I would of hoped for some company. Have a good hunt and I bid you find the boar fast and don't wast arrows either on it's killing or the harming of other animals. As I said earlier I will stay here and practice with my new blade for I have not used it before and I hope it will cleave something less innocent with the first cut I make with it. Lots of people have already started and if you are to make a swift kill then I suggest that you do not wast any more time listening to me."
And she sat down by the fire pit and began to think about the strange words she had heard in her dream the night before leaving. 'When you need it, it will serve you.' the words had said but what they meant she wasn't sure, maybe it was just a dream but something more then a dream, it could of been a sort of vision she could only remember the words of but she knew that she didn't have that power and so the words continued to baffle her through her practice with her new scimitar until the hunting party returned.


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 20:05:17.
Edited on 2008-01-16 at 20:14:06 by Loki

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.