The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3986 registered users. Our newest member is nhakhoalovely.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by t_catt11)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Nomad D2)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by SilentOne)Paranoia: C Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by breebles)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Home Grown
Related thread: Home Grown:- Recruitment
Related thread: Home Grown:- Q&A
Related thread: Songs by the bard.
Jump to:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in Home Grown
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Home Grown

You wake up, not all at the same time but in a short time gap, a long way from where you went to sleep. In the night you were kidnapped from where ever your bed was. But now your bed is the cold hard stone that you are laying on. Once you have got up you can see, or not see as the case is, that you are in a pitch black cave, as you fumble around trying to get a better sense of where you are you here shuffling foot steps coming towards you. Suddenly from around a corner comes the seemingly bright light of a lantern being held by a goblin of all creatures. He or she, its hard to tell, slowly wonders towards all of you in turn. As the light comes closer you see that you are imprisoned in a cell dug into solid rock and a door made out of rusty, but still strong, iron secured by a single padlock. Seeming satisfied that your all awake the goblin wonders off from where it came from.

About an hour later a goblin returns with a small wheelbarrow and says in common "Food, hope it's OK." and deposits plates of food by your cell doors, just out of reach, and wonders off laughing. Being too exhausted to do anything but eat and not being able to eat you drift off into sleep, or meditation if your an elf, and don't wake up until the morning.

You wake up in the morning, it's around dawn and you can tell because the is a small amount of light coming in, from the distant bird song and the not so distant Z-eding of the goblins.


Once you have introduced your characters I will describe the room for you but remember you can't see each other yet so consider this a role-playing challenge.


Posted on 2007-12-16 at 13:08:14.
Edited on 2007-12-16 at 13:24:36 by Loki

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


silithus

As Silithus rose from his slumber he tried to stand but as he did he fell with a THUMP! to the ground.

"Bloody Goblins" Silithus muttered.

Silithus remembered his last run-in with goblins when they ambushed him from the bushes they stole his money his weapon, his armour, but most importantly they stole his Honour. If he ever got out of this he vowed to himself that if he ever saw a goblin he would slay it without a thought.

As things quieted he could hear other breathing there must be others here he thought he did not want to wake them for fear of enemies but at least he wasn't alone with these green horrid creatures.


Posted on 2007-12-16 at 21:44:55.
Edited on 2007-12-16 at 21:45:36 by stryke

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Trynk

Trynk sat up on the cold hard stone underneath him and looked around. His gnome eyes made it easy for him to see in the darkness. Glancing over at the iron bars that made this cage were not of the best quality nor was the lock that held them closed tight. A small ugly creature, a goblin, had dropped off some food and spoke in broken common and laughed at the prisoners.

How many others were there? Who were they? Why had he been taken in the middle of his slumber. He had known something was wrong on a subconscious level but had not been able to wake himself during the abduction.

Do they expect me to eat this refuse? looking down
at at the so called meal. Well .. a gnome's gotta eat. And he took a swallow ... followed by a spatter and a cough.

Trynk decided to call out and find out who else was around. Ello ... Ello! Anyone else be awake in this good fer nothin' hole?
This is one fer me song book fer sure ... sorry excuse fer livin', goblins Trynk began to compose the lyrics to a ballad sure to last 'till the end of days.


Posted on 2007-12-17 at 18:22:29.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tyra


Tyra had heard others moving, moaning, complaining, but she was busy tearing thin strips of clothe from her clothes. After she gets enough lengths she ties them together and then form a big knot at on end. With that she went to the door and slipped her hand under it. With her makeshift rope she tries to sling it across the floor where the knot would go passed the dish of food and then get caught around the back side of the dish. If she is sucdcessful at that she will carefully pull on the cloth rope and try to draw one dish at a time into the range of her grasp.


Posted on 2007-12-17 at 18:38:34.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


Talaones

Talaones wakes up and is scared and worried and thinks where am i? where is my tribe? what is this place? ho can i get out? and shouts why have we been taken hear?


Posted on 2007-12-17 at 19:31:02.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


First Awakening

Dalkin awakens feeling stiff, sore, and cold as he streachs he realizes he is no longer where he was when he went to sleep. He is now lying on a cold stone floor. He is somewhat disorientated at first. He rolls over onto one side and he can see he is lying on the floor in a cave but he is imprisoned for there are bars across the only opening he can see. Since he doesn't see anyone around at first he will lie as still as he can and he will listen to whatever noise he can hear around him. At first all it seems he can hear is breathing of others somewhere around him so he is not alone. After a spell he hears some shuffling foot steps coming towards where he is lying. Then from around a corner the light from a lantern appears and the lantern is being held by of all creatures a Goblin, bloody, stinking, Goblin. As the light comes closer to his area he takes advantage of the light, even though he has dark vision the light will give him more detail. So he looks at where he is and sees that he is imprisoned in a cell dug into solid rock and a door made out of rusty, but still strong, iron secured by a single padlock. The Goblin then returns from whence it came around the corner.
After the Goblin leaves Dalkin continues to just lie on his back and listen he can hear some others breathing. He then hears one of the other prisoners speak out Ello ... Ello! Anyone else be awake in this good fer nothin' hole? at this time Dal ( as his friends call him)
does not answer him he is just trying to decipher from what he can hear how many others there are here
with him and where they may be at.

He lays quietly for what he conceives to be a short while and he believes that there are at least three others besides himself though there may be many more just too far away for him to hear anything at all from. Then a Goblin returns with a wheelbarrow containing plates of food. dalkin tries to listen as the ugly thing places the dishes down onto the cave floor and besides his own he thinks he counts four other dings as the plates are put down. The Goblin is amused by placing the food just out of reach and goes off laughing. Once he is out of sight Dal will attempt to retrieve his food bowl using his clothing.
He will remove his cloths and tying one sleeve of his shirt to one of his pant legs will attempt to throw them either out and around the food or over the bowl and work the bowl within his reach. If he can and get the bowl into cell with him if possible.

All of the time that he is spending in the cell he will make some time to search every small spot , crevice, indent, crack, hole looking for anything at all loose stone, rock, objects left behind by previous occupants.



Posted on 2007-12-19 at 13:22:10.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Just to say

When all the intros are up I will post the results of any actions.


Posted on 2007-12-19 at 19:26:27.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Awakening of the beast.

Vargas awoke in the darkness, his muscular frame shimmering in sweat reflecting from the dim light which penetrated his darkened captivity. Standing on leg's thick enough to be tree trunks, Vargas stumbled towards the door. He didn't recall how he had been captured, only that trying made his head swim in fuzzy waves of pain.

A single goblin came forth and taunted the prisoners with some detestable slop, just out of reach. While Vargas could hear other's conversing, or the sounds of objects scraping the cold earth, he was too interested on freeing himself, that he might break some goblin neck. Running his hands along the bars, and doorway checking for build-ups of rust, (particularly on the presumably less dense hinges,) Vargas determines the weakest point in his prison. Using his considerable strength, Vargas rushes the cell's rusty confines and tries to break free, his shoulder leading the charge.

(If after a few hearty attempts it looks like it's not giving way...)

Vargas howl's in an almost beastial fashion, letting his pent up anger consume him as he rushes the door in a rage again and again until either the door or he falls.

(Aren't Barbarians' so charming?)


Posted on 2007-12-19 at 20:18:49.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tyra


Yes, I am and some others." come a melodious voice out of a shadowed corned close to the door. There are bowls of food by the right side of the door, I would think one for each of you."

The voice pauses, "I suggest you not eat the fish it is bad, but you can dunk the dry bread into the mug of ale, if you hold your nose."

"By the way I am Tyra an Elf an a fighter, though for now almost weaponless."


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 00:36:56.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


A Response In The Dungeon

"Almost weaponless? Perhaps ye wield some weapon mightier even than that forged o' steel and wood? Unless elves be havin' hidden compartments of which to hide secret weaponry. In any case . I am Trynk .. a herald of all things and a weaver of tales and song. I am at your service m'elven friend." Trynk was relieved to hear another voice and was anxious to learn more about his cellmates. "Ye say there are others .. whom do ye see with yer elven eyes? I see not but the wall and a bowl of wicked gruel"


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 02:12:54.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Awakened by the Beast

Ilianna Moonsong was rudely awaken from her sleep, a much ruder awakening that she expected. Instead of a cofortable bed of leaves and pine needles in the lee of a sun warmed stone she is one the cold hard dampish stone floor. Intead of a seet smell of forest and field is a dank musty smell combined with some less that savory smells of unknow origin. Instead of the see songs of birds ther is a hoeling bestiele sound reverberating in her ears bounded back ad forth off stone walls.

Sitting bolt upright she waits for the dream, more like a nightmare fade. Only it doesn't. there is a repeatative dull thudding and the cries of rage. Must be a trapped beast. Then she hears voices. VVoices coming from beyound the bars that for a rude rough cell that she is in alonr.

"Hello, HELLO. Who is out there? Why have I been locked up?"


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 02:37:47.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


tyring to escape

"every one I'm trying to escape"

Talaones tries to kick down the cell door and uses all her power.


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 09:05:53.
Edited on 2007-12-20 at 09:13:28 by Chunky-Monkey

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Summary of events so far.

As Vargas and Talaones beat at the doors of there cells a loud ringing sound ecohs around the cave and in the distance you briefly hear the gobling snooring stop. After a wile it restarts but that was a close call. After a wile they both mange to break the lock on the door and move into the center of the room.


MAP
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 09:50:34.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


escaping

i look around for the key but be as quite as i can.


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 10:32:07.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


Silithus

"I say we wait until the goblin comes and we rush him through the doors now that it is opened." A small grin opened across Silithus face at this point knowing it was a good plan.


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 10:39:16.

   
Jump to:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.