The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3982 registered users. Our newest member is bosiquanaosida.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Home Grown
Related thread: Home Grown:- Recruitment
Related thread: Home Grown:- Q&A
Related thread: Songs by the bard.
    Messages in Home Grown
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


where to go

i go to the table room and look around for my item then the room not full with 50 goblins then if not i there i say "come on lets go"


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 18:59:27.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


rocks

After assesing the weapons Silithus walks over to the rocks and picks up three of them he puts 2 of them in his pockets and carries the other. he then heads to what appears to be the only way out he looks round one corner and jumps of fright. he then whispers to the rest "come on lets get out of here before those buggers awake." he then heads down the corridor leading to the table. Once he reaches the table he searches what is on it.


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 19:03:00.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Free--at least for now

Illiana moves out into the common area between the cells, taking a moment to asses what she has with her and what she can use for a weapons. (besices rocks on the floors and the dishes the food is on what else is there. She pick up a sizeable chunk of rock something that will fit in her hand and several other smaller chunks she can throw. (Is ther a table or chair in here or ranything else from which to fashin a weapon.

"I'll take that spear if you dont mind." says Illian thinking of using it as a quarterstaff. and Vargas disregards them as for himself. "Someone else can use that dagger if they want Goblin weapons though as useually not very reliable and a bit on the smallish side but better than nothing," Iliana observes in general.

Taking her time Iliana looks around the room at the various persons gathered there. A centaur, a huge barbarian human of course, another human male, another elf. Truly an strange group but right now united in one goal to secape their captors.

Ilianna moves out silently to the fron of the group checking as she moves along. She holds up her hand to gesture for silence to those following her as she finds the room full of sleeping goblins. The stench of their combined bodies is overpowering. wrinkingling her nose in disgust she none-the-less moves as silently as possible into the entrance of the room, keeping low and taking her time, to see if she can sptt any weapons that she might get her hands onto fairly easily.


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 19:57:17.
Edited on 2007-12-20 at 19:59:47 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tyra


"I'll take the dagger." Once she had it she will cut off a piece of leather from the Goblin's leather or hide armor, and if there is not leather or hide on him then she will cut big patch of his clothing. She will use the cord she had braided from her strips of cloth and fashion a sling from it, then go to the pile of rocks and quickly find some bullet sized rocks, the rounder the better. She stuffs them in every pocket in her clothes. If the Goblin was wearing a pouch she will take that also and fille it with rocks.

She follows the others and then moves in front as a warrior should. As she passes the centaur she whispers in common, "Tread lightly."

She uses her delicate Elven senses to listen and scent the air.


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 22:42:22.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Muhaha..?

Vargas stood there as he gave away the spear and dagger. His nose crinkled at his ineptitude with the weapons. He looked at the others with a furrowed brow, and gripped a couple rocks in his hands, his knuckles whitening around them.

"I am Vargas of the Wolf"

With that he moved towards the room with 50 goblins... his anger wanted to guide him in to slay as many as he could before he himself died. However what small amount of common sense he had bid him down the other tunnel with the others.


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 03:25:18.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Addemdum reply

In the common area fothe cell block. Ilianna reaches out for the spear. "I am Iliana." then she moves out in the lead

continue with rest of previous post.


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 05:18:06.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


the exit

"I am Talaones and shall we find are gear that the goblins took of us."


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 08:16:01.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


Silithus

As Silithus reached the table he leant on it for a minute and watched the others coming down the hallway as he looked at them he hailed himself "Hello, ...others i am Silithus and a paladin, although i am afraid an unorthodox one at that for I am not a rich noble looking for a crusade but instead a poor man looking for justice in this world."


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 09:11:36.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


The 'table room'

At this junction you can either go straight ahead and round a corner, following the sound of murmuring voices. Turn right towards what looks like a dead end or left. The left tunnel carries on for about 30ft then curves round but has two other passages leading off.

Tyra also manages to construct a rough sling, 'It's not very good but it'll do for now.' she thinks as she turns to follow the others.


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 09:25:36.
Edited on 2007-12-21 at 09:28:29 by Loki

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


straight

Silithus thinks the best idea is to go straight ahead for he is eager for a fight with the murmuring voices.

"I think that we should go straight ahead as I can hear voices coming from there and i would much like to show these green-skins how to fight properly. Not just creep around and steal people from there beds".


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 09:34:37.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Happining fast

Dalkins can't believe that the goblins don't come into where they are with all the racket that the two are making, they must be even dumber than he thought they where. Anyways after much racket one goblin finally comes in only to be promptly killed by the barbarian and centaur. With a key they get they let the rest of us out of our cells. Dalkin thanks the two for letting him out and then starts to look for anything he can use as a weapon. As the others seem to be moving around in some confusion since Dalkin can't seem to find any weapons he will find and carry as many good size throwing rocks as he can handle.He was always good at throwing since he was young child.
Whatever cloth or leather is left on the goblin he will attempt to make a crude pouch to carry as many rocks as he can. He waits in the wings sort of waiting to see which group would take charge and when clearer heads prevail and they deceide not to charge into a room full of goblins and Orcs he makes his way forward to where the elf who seems to be a warrior type is taking the lead and the one who called herself Ilianna My name is Dalkin, miss Ilianna Then he turns to the elf who had fashioned the sling Nice work there on that sling. Listen it looks to me that the two of you are the most level headed one here if you would like for someone to scout out any of these passages before we blunder down them that is what I do. I would love to punish these goblins just as much as the next one but right now I think we need to find our way out then when we have weapons and such we could do more. He will wait at the junction where the table is to see if they want him to do any scouting.


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 11:05:13.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Wow

Trynk hops out of bed and heads into a corridor filled with other prisoners. One of the other prisoners had opened the cell door and offered him a way out. "Tanks fer the help. It'll be good to not be spendin' another night in this hell hole." Heading down the corridor behind the others he notices that there is a room full of goblins and a couple orcs. There could be trouble very soon. Since the group is already making enough noise to wake the dead, Trynk begins to sing a low song that his companions could hear to boost their spirits as they make their escape.
Many Goblins in the hall
Surely we can take them all
There must be fifty of this scum
But we will kill them every one
Find a rock or grab a spear
Go to arms; We're out of here


Posted on 2007-12-21 at 15:18:15.
Edited on 2007-12-21 at 15:18:34 by Devalero

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


The halfling

As Silithus perches on the table he feels himself agreeing with the obviously sensible, although short, Halfling. Silithus' expression lightens as he says "I agree with the halfling one of you two take control, or both."

Silithus then leans forward off of the table and points at the two figures who may become the leaders. He strides up to each of them and pats them on the back in turn.

Once Silithus has finished patting the two of the contenders on the back he sets to grinding his stone against the wall or floor trying to make jagged sharp edges on the rocks he picked up.

As he sits and waits grinding his rocks he starts to anger at the others waiting around, and says "C'mon someone pick a way to go before those green skins wake-up and murder us."


Posted on 2007-12-22 at 21:41:05.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


witch way to go?

"lets go straight ahead" and i go on as quietly as i can.


Posted on 2007-12-22 at 21:47:00.
Edited on 2007-12-22 at 21:55:30 by Chunky-Monkey

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


The young centaur

Silithus follows the young centaur towards the murmuring voices with a a jagged throwing rock in one hand held at above his shoulder ready to throw. (move silently DC 15) Silithus judges this decision by the noises that are being made are the guards at the entrance/Exit for the group.


Posted on 2007-12-22 at 22:04:14.
Edited on 2007-12-22 at 22:52:44 by stryke

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.