The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: Nomad D2, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Home Grown
Related thread: Home Grown:- Recruitment
Related thread: Home Grown:- Q&A
Related thread: Songs by the bard.
    Messages in Home Grown
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


no

if it is knocked down the goblins will wake up.


Posted on 2007-12-26 at 21:59:51.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


hmmm.

Silithus asseses the grate and the holes size in each gap then looks at the halfling with a slight grin on his face, he talks loud enough for everyone to heaar but as if to himsel and says in a boyish tone "I wonder, who would be able to fit between the gaps in the grate he casts a sideways glance at their leader. He catches eye contact with the halfling and chuckles aloud amused at his own wit.


Posted on 2007-12-27 at 21:24:43.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Wrong way

Iliana takes a good look at the grate. THis is not a way out unless they could plast the think loose or turn rock to much. She would laugh but she couldn't it was so dissappointing. Nu need to wastes time here or risk waking the hordes.. She motions the others that coame with her to follow her back to the table.

"that is not an option at this time. We need to try anouth way to get out. and find tunnels we have not yet been down. Move quitely tot he last juncture and we will try a different firection." she says softly to the assembled group. "Anybody see another way that might be a possible exit route."


Posted on 2007-12-28 at 02:59:34.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


New Search New Area

So once it is determined that there is no real escape possible through the fixed iron grate Delkin has found the group make their way back once again to the center room with the table. Iliana it seems may be taking charge speaks quitly "that is not an option at this time. We need to try anouth way to get out. and find tunnels we have not yet been down. Move quitely tot he last juncture and we will try a different firection." "Anybody see another way that might be a possible exit route."

description of what they see from the table room
At this junction you can go stright ahead and round a corner, following the sound of murmuring voices. You can turn right towards what looks like a dead end. Or go left in a tunnel that carries on for 30ft then curves but has two other passages leading off.

Delkin says to Iliana, I will make a quick check down this right passage here it looks to be a dead end but as we can tell not everything is at it looks. Moving off down the right passage Delkins uses his skills to the best of his abilities and will advance till he either reaches an end for the tunnel or a side passage or a door or anything that is obvious and might be of interest. He will if he reaches the end of the tunnel do a search and spot check looking for any concelled or secret doors either in the walls, floor, or ceiling. He will be using all his skills as he moves (ie: move silent, search, spot,)


Posted on 2007-12-29 at 12:09:44.
Edited on 2007-12-29 at 12:11:25 by Dragonmist

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Dead End

As you make your way down the tunnel you come to a sharp bend in the end and it is in-fact a dead end. However just round the bend is a small pool of water and at the bottom of the pool is a pile of small silver coins, about 7 of them.

The rest of the group at the table room here a small amount of commotion from the main chamber (where the 50 goblins are) and shuffling footsteps coming from that room in there direction.


Posted on 2007-12-30 at 08:57:34.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Tunnels End.

Delkin makes his way down the tunnel to find it is truly just a dead end. however where the tunnel bends at the very end it hides a small pool of water and at the bottom of the pool lies about seven silver coins. Now Delkin would love to put those coins into his own pocket, but doesn't want to end up in some type of trap either because of being greedy.


He will first stick his head out from around the bend and look back down the tunnel towards where the table is to see if he can tell if anything else is going on back there since he left. If all looks to still be calm he will examine the pool more closely to make a decision if he is going in or not.


Posted on 2007-12-31 at 12:53:07.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Greed, not need

Seven silver coins
Will buy a lot of grub
but all the coins in all the realm
or hidden underneath the pub
Will give you back your leg or arm
because of careless wandering
into strange pools in goblin lairs
You best be sure if you are wondrin'
If it's best to dive inside
and take a dip into the water
For if a trap it hides inside
You better be a snake or otter


Posted on 2008-01-02 at 19:38:31.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tyra


Tyra with her spear in one hand and her dagger in the other moves up to the a place to view down the bend in the corridor. They needed their equipment and to get out of here quickly.

She felt naked without her armor.


Posted on 2008-01-03 at 04:55:05.
Edited on 2008-01-03 at 04:58:58 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Iliana

When Dalkan mentions checking the passage that looked like a dead end, Illiana nodded in agreement. "Exactly what I was thinking. We should leave no passage unexamined. JUst get a look see and report back. We are not in a good place wight now with some many Goblins and Orcs so close.

Iliana watches Dalkin make his way into the supposed dead-end passage. He did not return immediately so perhaps something lay that way. Iliana moves over closer to that passage just in case Dalkin needed support.

As she did she heard the scuffling footsteps from the sleeping area that was filled with goblins and Orcs. Quickly she mothions the others into the dead end passage way hoping that the footsteps would not come this way but if they did she did not want to be in here. Even if it ws a dead end it could give them some protection.

"Follow where Dalkin went" she whispers to the nearest person "and pass it on, quickly and quietly."


Posted on 2008-01-03 at 06:20:28.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Dead End!

When Dalkin looks back down the corridor from where he came to see if anything was going on he was surprised to see a lot of movement and it looks like others are going to be coming down the passage to where he is.Not knowing why they would be coming this way he goes back around the corner and starts to head back up the corridor where he came from to let them know there is no way out down here.


Posted on 2008-01-03 at 10:19:49.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Just in time

As you all squeeze in a goblin turns out of the main chamber and looks up the passage way to see nothing, he then turns around and goes back to the main chamber.


Posted on 2008-01-04 at 23:17:43.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Iliana

Iliana waits for a bit with her finger held up across her lips, indicating silence, or so she hopes, waiting for a period of minutes until the lone goblin goes back to sleep before speaking. Looking about as she does. until she thinks enough time has elapsed. NOt that she is ahppy about the loss of time. They needed to discover the way out before there escape was noticed. IT was to there good luck that they got out during the sleep cycle of the Orcs and goblins.

"Obviously this is not not a way out." Iliana states simply still in a soft bvoice. "I would now suggest that we try the passage where we heard the few goblins speaking. Perhaps they are a watch set to protect the entrance way. That, or we have to try other passages. What I need is someone skilled in sneaking about to go take a look and report back to us. Anyone with that ability please step up.


Posted on 2008-01-04 at 23:56:40.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A New passage.

with all of the new group packed into the one hall the lone Goblin does not see us and leaves.Once enough time has passed and she thinks it safe to speak Iliana says "Obviously this is not not a way out."I would now suggest that we try the passage where we heard the few goblins speaking. Perhaps they are a watch set to protect the entrance way. That, or we have to try other passages. What I need is someone skilled in sneaking about to go take a look and report back to us. Anyone with that ability please step up.
Upon hearing her request Delkin at once moves forward to speak with Iliana Good lady I am your man.You said you would like me to check out the tunnel from which we heard the goblins talking.This I shall do and return as quick as my little legs can and still stay hidden and safe.
Leaving this tunnel he will first look back out into the room where the table is to be sure that area is again empty and safe to pass through.If all is clear Delkin will make his way through the table room and to the junction where he can go stright ahead and round a corner, following the sound of murmuring voices.



Posted on 2008-01-05 at 10:52:33.
Edited on 2008-01-05 at 11:19:14 by Dragonmist

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Table room

You can see nothing down the passage way, its just as you left it apart from a discarded chicken bone that was probably dropped by that last goblin.


Posted on 2008-01-05 at 10:56:09.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


search Continues.

Upon seeing that the table room is clear except for a discarded chicken bone Delkin moves through it and proceeds with his search of the passage from which they heard murmurs

As soon as he enters the new passage he will hug the wall that is closest to the bend in the tunnel
See map of course the D is me Delkin.


at this point he will lying flat and against the wall peek around the corner and take note of whatever it is he sees.Once he knows what is around the bend he will proceed.
While moving and scouting Delkin will be using the following skills at all times so adjust time and such as needed.
Move Silently
Hide
and then these skills as needed
Listen
Search
Spot

OOC: Of course in the orignal post it does not say which way the passage bent the map is just a representation so you could see what I ment about hugging wall closest to bend.If bend went other way I would be on other side.



Posted on 2008-01-05 at 11:17:51.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.