The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: Raven
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by breebles)LLE - WoT
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by crowe)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Rise of Runelords Combat Log
Parent thread: Rise of the Runelords
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Loki, Chunky-Monkey, stryke, fynor, Laurelestra, Trace9723
    Messages in Rise of Runelords Combat Log
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Switching Back Over

We are switching over to the Main Thread to continue the storyline from this point. Post in response to the next story thread. (You may put any attacks of opportunities on the combat thread in your combat log but overall you did very well and won the day)


Posted on 2008-01-01 at 15:58:01.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Hunt

The group moved quietly through Tickwood forest. The forest was home to many boar and deer but only one would bear the mark of the Tickwood boar.

For Starters I need Spot Checks, Move Silently Checks, Hide Checks and Survival if you have it or the Track Feat as well as what your starting Initiative will be.

Once Everyone has a starting post up we will continue



Posted on 2008-01-16 at 14:00:29.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


searching for the boar

Spot Check: 20
Move Silently Check: 20
Hide Check: 25
Survival Check: 4

i did these roles under watch by trsg

Round 1>Welbry>6/6>none>draws out his bow


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 18:39:07.
Edited on 2008-01-21 at 21:10:59 by Chunky-Monkey

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Certification


I can certify that his unbelievably good roles, apart from survival which is pretty bad, are genuine roles.


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 18:40:42.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

13 19 18 14 Your total roll is 64.

Hide 13 + 2 = 15
Move Sil 19 + 2 = 21
Spot 18 + 2 = 20
Survival 14 + 3 = 17


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 19:29:44.

Trace9723
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/3
30 Posts


Taden Vs Selaro Friendly challenge

Initiative>14
AC>12/12/10
Normal/touch/Ff

Round 1>Taden:9/9>None>Casts Mage Armor on himself.
Round 2>Taden:9/9>None>Laughs to himself.He yields quickly.


Posted on 2008-01-19 at 18:33:40.
Edited on 2008-01-23 at 03:34:25 by Trace9723

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Taden Vs Selaro Friendly challenge

Initiative> 9
AC>14/13/12
Normal/touch/Ff

Round 1>Selaro:6/6>None>Readies an attack.
(OOC: Out of the spirit of friendship Selaro decides not to take an attack of opportunity or to attack Taden whilst he is spell casting.)
Round 2>Selaro:6/6>None>Smiles at Taden's joke and sheaths her scimitar. (if that wasn't a trick then move to the main thread)


Posted on 2008-01-19 at 19:56:28.
Edited on 2008-01-23 at 20:02:01 by Loki

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Wild Boar

We are going into rounds now on the hunt so remember to edit in to your post each additional round as the rounds pile on.

Ariellyn and Welbry sneak ahead into the woods. They move quietly and swiftly and at last they see a movement in the underbrush ahead about 200 feet. It is a boar, and it is well hidden under the underbrush and apparently eating some roots. It might be the boar they are looking for.

Round 1> Wild Boar > 25/25 > None > Eating Roots

Round 1 Synopsis:
Ariellyn finds a good climbing tree and climbs to the top. Searching for a good branch, she finds a spot that she could easily survey the area and get a shot off with an advantage. Welbry gets his bow ready loading an arrow and waiting for a good shot. Grush also slowly heads towards the boar, ready to attack.

Round 2> Wild Boar > 25/25 > None > Listen: 12 (Hears Nothing); Continues Eating Roots

Round 2 Synopsis
Welbry's first arrow flies straight into the heart of the thicket where the Boar is eating his roots. It flies so directly that it hits the boar square in the side even though he is mostly covered by the underbrush. As the elven archer makes her way into a good vantage point she see's Welbry's arrows fly off in a blaze of glory. She wasn't quite ready, but I guess the chase is on.

Round 3> Wild Boar > 27/31 > Rage > The wild boar rages and charges
With fury the wild boar charges out of the underbrush. He see's only Welbry standing in the woods launching arrows at him and charges through the underbrush with a load squeal.

Round 3 Synopsis
Before the boar even reaches welbry his heart already stops beating. A number of arrows fired down into its neck stop send it careening towards Welbry in a dying heap. The boar lands just a few feet from the group. His body .. lifeless.


Posted on 2008-01-19 at 22:21:34.
Edited on 2008-01-28 at 18:34:36 by Devalero

Laurelestra
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/0
35 Posts


The Boar Hunt

Knowing that she is not the sneakiest person, Myra decides to stay back and help if there is trouble. She says a quick prayer on the group to guide them on the hunt as they continue towards the boar

Round 1 > Myra > 8/8 > None > Casts Bless on the Party
Round 2 > Myra > 8/8> Bless > Stands out of the way quietly not to alert the boar; Move Silent: 13


Posted on 2008-01-20 at 15:17:43.
Edited on 2008-01-26 at 12:13:38 by Laurelestra

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


SORRY FOR THE PUNCTUALITY OR RATHER THE LACK OF IT.

Grush hid himself behind a bushwhen ariellyn whispered

move silently 14
hide 9
spot 11
survival 15


Posted on 2008-01-21 at 20:26:55.
Edited on 2008-01-21 at 20:28:29 by stryke

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


searching for the boar

Spot Check: 20
Move Silently Check: 20
Hide Check: 25
Survival Check: 4

i did these roles under watch by trsg

Round 1>Welbry>6/6>bless>shoots arrow 20|4
Round 2>Welbry>6/6>bless>shoots arrow 15|3
Round 3>Welbry>6/6>bless>shoots arrow 17|3


Posted on 2008-01-24 at 18:30:16.
Edited on 2008-01-28 at 09:18:23 by Chunky-Monkey

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ariellyn

Pre round 1

Hide 13 + 2 = 15
Move Sil 19 + 2 = 21
Spot 18 + 2 = 20
Survival 14 + 3 = 17

Once Ariellyn locates an suitable branc that gives her and steady base of support and a clear shot she set up and redies her bow even as she scamns for the marker to indicate that this is the contest boar. She will not shot unless it threatens anyone in the group and then only to bring it down once it is wounded. Personally she hopes it escapes. THe idea of these people humted on lone animal goes against her sense of right and wrong.

However the choice not was out of her hands the boar dharges towards one of the party Ariellyn takes her time to make her shot. At this angle and from the height she is left with few soft target area. heart, ear, and eye, SHe smoothly darws back her bow string ligthly honding the arrow until she is at her draw point sighting down the arrow she sdjusts her point of aim slight to the fore of the charging beast to allow for the flight time of the arrow. "Delila make my aim true let this animals death be swift Ariellyn fires the first of her shots and then immediately draws her second arrow and fires again. Both draws and releases mimich each other perfectly, being the reselt of much practice. Combat drawing two more arrows for the next round she fires again.

Round 2
Ariellyn: 13/13; Bless +1, advantage for heighth +2
first shot: 8+6 (+1+2)=17 to hit; 4+3=7 dng
Rapid shot: 20+6 (+1+2)=29; 7+3=10 x3 (crit)=30 dmg

Round 3
Ariellyn: 13/13; Bless +1, advantage for heighth +2
First shot: 20+6 (+1+e=29; 6+3=9 x3 (crit)=27 dmg
Ropis shot: 8+6 (1+2)=11 to hit; 5+3=8 dmg

Okay, it was weird. I rolled the first round to hit on RDInn Dice Roller rolled 8, 20 I rolled again for third round it rolles 20, 8 go figure two twenties and two eights.


Posted on 2008-01-26 at 03:19:49.
Edited on 2008-01-29 at 04:48:07 by Brianna

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Clearing Up Confusion

Ok .. There is some confusion I see so I will try to clear it up .. I'm trying to get all posts directly underneath my Wild Boar Post.

You should edit in each round as we do them. So far round one should be completed and until I do my round 1 synopsis (which I will in a second) .. nobody would post round 2 unless it is something obvious you are going to spend your next round doing. and so on

Some things to fix real quick
Good Job CM. Firing that bow like an old pro!

Brianna .. You can go ahead and fire one off for round 2. You will get +2 on attacking from your high vantage point

Stryke .. We miss you bud .. What do you want to do for rounds 1-3

Laurelestra - Good Job .. thats perfect

Don't Forget Bless Gives +1 on all attack rolls

NOBODY SHOULD POST ANY COMBAT FOR THIS BATTLE BELOW THIS POST! Everything should be edited in your existing post in rounds


Posted on 2008-01-26 at 12:04:21.
Edited on 2008-01-28 at 00:26:21 by Devalero

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Round 3

Round 3 Is Up .. Post As You Wish. The Boar is charging at Welbry .. He is currently about 80 feet away from Welbry charging through the underbrush.


Posted on 2008-01-28 at 00:27:17.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Move The Post Up

Ok .. since brianna's Character is firing death arrows .. no need to continue this one. The group gets the boar and drags it off to the camp. Head on back over to the main thread and continue our story back at the tent village.

You want to take your last post though and copy it Brianna and add it to your round 1 post and then delete the second post. My goal is to have everyone just have one combat post per combat where they edit in each additional round as it comes up. Like I did with the boar.


Posted on 2008-01-28 at 14:46:37.
Edited on 2008-01-28 at 18:36:44 by Devalero

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.