The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is kqxsmbhn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Alacrity)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Age of Worms Main thread
Related thread: Age of Worms Recruitment Thread
Related thread: Age of Worms Q&A Place
Related thread: Age of Worms Combat Thread
Related thread: Age of Worms Character Information
Related thread: Age of Worms Diamond Lake Information
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Jozan1, Kaelyn, Dragon Mistress, Loki, Utan the Orange, Dwibius
    Messages in Age of Worms Main thread
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Studying the Artifact

A simple search of the object reveals that there are a few shards of an unidentifiable shiny black substance that feels like stones around the platform. More shards are actually inside the frame itself where the "mirrors glass" would have been held. There are some symbols inside the frame as well.


Posted on 2008-02-01 at 19:20:50.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


discovery

Aldaris looked over the strange artifact before him, running a pale hand over the ancient surface of a long since dormant relic. "Vaati," Aldaris said out loud to no-one in particular. Walking around the broken artifact and returning to look once more at the glyph carved delicately upon its surface, Aldaris turned and regarded his companions. "If my basis of thinking is correct, this was once an object of teleportation, much like Allustan's mirror. While this one has long since been broken and innert, the language seems a precursor to Auran, the meaning 'Wind Duke', would certainly lend credence that we're in the right place."

Aldaris moved back through the companions and stood in the middle of the intersection. "The wolves have claimed this place as their den, and yet they do not defend it from intruders like normal pack animals I've encountered. I would see where they have made off too, for perhaps they are in league with some more dominable force. If that's the case, then our progression through these tunnels will be wrought with more peril than we anticipated.

Commanding Jeeve's to take point, Aldaris follows his companion over to where the wolves had headed, the armed and prepared warrior butler Jeeves ready for anything that may leap out from the shadows with his unnatural vision.


Posted on 2008-02-01 at 19:44:17.
Edited on 2008-02-02 at 17:02:56 by Kaelyn

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


I stand

As you inspect the quarter mirror stand like thing you hardly notice Lar'd speak but speak he dose.
"I don't like this place and I am willing to trust you" directed at the newcomer, Aurea Goldwind
"at the moment but fate brought us together and fate is an untrustworthy item."
OOC: Still on guard, meaning readied attack against anything that attacks him or any of the group, and taking
10's on Spot and Listen checks.


Posted on 2008-02-01 at 20:51:40.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillian

"Anyone else going to vote for her joining us or not joining us, Speak up now. I abstain for the present." comments Trillian. Appearances can be so deceiving as well she knows, she has mastered several disquises herself, an old woman, a young boy, and a beggar, a shop keepers, clerk, they were all useful in her line of work. So what this woman looks like and what she is might be two vastly different things.


Posted on 2008-02-02 at 04:44:34.

Dwibius
Regular Visitor
Karma: 6/2
55 Posts


Brahm

Brahm pulls a small empty sack out of his own backpack and wraps the little brittle book in it, then places the tightly-wrapped bundle in his backpack for later perusal or restoration by an expert, if he can find one ...

His own statement of the new "member" is, "If she is guided by the will of another, and she serves that other well, I have no qualm about her assisting us.", placing a slight emphasis on the word "assisting". He then moves on with the party, seemingly unconcerned with her position as they move. He is evidently not worried about her being either in front of him or behind him -- for now. Lar'd's comment to Aurea is noted and Brahm looks at him, nodding agreement at his assessment of fate.

At the wierd thing on the marble platform, he accepts Aldaris' evaluation with a quiet nod, and follows his lead toward the rubble, weaving slightly left and right looking intently at the walls, floors, and ceiling, while cradling the heavy mace at the ready.
[using Stonecunning to detect unusual stonework within 10 feet of himself -- always active]


Posted on 2008-02-02 at 16:15:14.
Edited on 2008-02-02 at 16:16:58 by Dwibius

Utan the Orange
Resident
Karma: 23/18
458 Posts


movin' right along ...[sorry so late]

Hearing the short exchange between the elven women and the "fate" comment from Lar'd, Grakk grunts softly in assent and agreement. Brahm seems to accept the new female and then just as quickly dismiss her. Grakk thinks that's odd, because the dwarf has so far been likely to "meet-n-greet" everyone with cheerfulness. As for himself, he says, "I, for one, welcome the aid. There's more safety in a larger group. My masters are fond of saying that distrust is a tool that can unravel the strongest of ties, or dissolve the strongest of bonds. So I'll trust her as I trust all of you, until that trust isn't deserved any more. "
When Aldaris tells the group what he thinks about the broken thing they find in the alcove the "new member" was in, Grakk is surprised at the knowledge gained from the cloaked one's intent examination. But since he has no reason to question it, he accepts it as truth and tries to remember most of the information. As he lets everyone else pass by him so he can fall into the rear, he notes the amount of weaponry carried, and thinks amusedly that the poor creature that threatened this party was likely to end up as stew fixin's.

He carries his staff either cross-wise in front of him in both hands, or parallel to the floor at his side in one hand when he needs the other free. He tries to keep his staff from tapping the floor. Brahms armor is making enough noise ...



Posted on 2008-02-02 at 16:45:45.
Edited on 2008-02-02 at 16:49:01 by Utan the Orange

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Wolf Den

As Jeeves approaches the rocky area inside the eastern alcove, a wolf steps into an opening amidst the rubble. The large wolf does not attack but takes a defensive posture. A low growl can be heard in the cave as the wolf warns Jeeves not to approach further.

Those standing in the middle of the hallway see two even larger alcoves further to the north and a set of stairs. The green glow seems to emanate from down the stairs.


Posted on 2008-02-02 at 21:24:45.
Edited on 2008-02-04 at 14:32:44 by Devalero

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Wolf

As Lar'd is alerted to the wolf's presence by hearing it's movements he truned and cortiously approched Jeeves ready to attact the wolf if it should attack, daring it to make a move towards them and willing it to back away.


Posted on 2008-02-05 at 13:23:35.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillian

" I don't think that is a place we need to pursue." Not thashe knows much of wolves but Trillian does know a lot about animals seeking safe havens even in the city. Rats, feral cats and dogs exhitbit some of the same characteristics as fo these wolves. They find themselves a place out of the way that is small and defensible.

"I do believe following that green glow will lead us further into whatever this place is than pursueing wolves in a pile of rubble." Triallians adds as she makes her way towards the green glow pausing to make sure others follow.


Posted on 2008-02-05 at 17:37:20.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Aldaris

Aldaris looked towards the wolf den and watched intently as a large wolf bid him warning that to approach would beget only danger. Nodding a silent respect to the large creature, and hearing his companion mention the greenish glow emanating from further down the corridor; Aldaris bid Jeeves follow him as they moved towards the green hued illumination.


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 04:07:34.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Follow The Light



Moving futher into the cave (#6), the party approaches another chamber with two wide alcoves. The chamber to the east contains more rubble and wolves can be seen curled up inside. You can see a mother and her pups lying toward the back of the alcove (#5) She and her pups seem in good health and several other wolf figures can be seen moving within the cave. They are alerted to your presence but do not exit the area to attack in any way. To the west there is a wide alcove containing a set of short stairs which lead up to a wide marble dais. the far end of the wing is obscured by darkness.
The sibilant, almost human whispers in this passage become a chorus in the massive central chamber (#6) eerily echoing off the walls. Across the chamber to the north yawns a twenty foot wide open arch draped from top to bottom in translucent cobwebs. An eerie green light flickers from beyond the webs, casting strange shadows about the room.


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 19:18:56.
Edited on 2008-02-06 at 19:25:16 by Devalero

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Hunderel watched as everyone did either studied or walked further, but he watched outside in case anything decided to come at them. But soon enough, he started to feel foolish, and went in further.

Overhearing the decision about the light and following it, and seeing the new woman, he decided to walk towards it, great sword drawn at the ready.

As he entered, the sounds got stronger and the light was intensifying, looking like something out of a fairy tale book for Hunderel. But also, on one side of the room was a wide marble area. He decided to approach that first, to see what was up there. maybe something important or not, but it was worth the look.

( I will go look at the dias thing)


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 19:24:08.
Edited on 2008-02-06 at 19:30:20 by Jozan1

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Careful now

Triallian looks about the large chamber. "I think we should leave the wolves along and check out the alcoves. If Anyone has a torch I think we could use it to burn away the webs. In the mean time let's check out that one first." She points to the alcove with the steps to a dias."

Moving in that direciton first Trillian checks out the walls and floors and celing as she moves foreard cautiously. She plans to see this thing though and isn't going to risk getting killed or injured by being careless.

THE Purpple Prose ahd taught her about the need to plan, plan and plan some more and never to venture into unknown areas without taking care.


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 19:52:44.
Edited on 2008-02-06 at 19:55:19 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Aurea


Aurea takes a middle position and moves quietly along. On passing the Alpha male of the Wolf pack she pauses to give it a good long stare. She had noted its unusual eyes, but as she locked eyes with it her gaze never wavered. She was a Alpha female in her own right.

Passing the she-wolf and cubs in a side area she nods to them, "No harm intended," she mutteres to her and her cubs.

She watches the members of the group, noting their demeanors, their manners of speech, and their actions. Each had accepted her in their own terms. No exactly a "Hail fellow, well met," but at least they did not send her away.

She looked and Trillian's back knowing that the Elven Ranger had not yet made her decision about Aurea coming with them. She understood her position and accepted it. It was now up to her to prove her worthiness.

"I have a torch, I will light it." She digs in her back to produce the touch and her flint and tinder.


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 20:32:34.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Dais

Hunderel and Triallian move over to the dias at the end of the western alcove. Triallian moves with skill and purpose checking the floor and the walls and ceiling with each step. She takes her time and after a while is convinced there are no apparent traps. Moving up to the Dais she waves Hunderel up with her.

A wide dais spanning the back half of the western wing calls attention to a faded fresco upon the south, west and north walls. Triallian searches the Dais and seeing nothing to alarm her steps up opon the platform. From this vantage point at the center of the dais, the wall painting makes it look like you are standing within a massive room with seven short hallways radiating outward from a central point. A chain dangles from the ceiling at the end of each hallway and each chain bears a gleaming colored lantern. Clockwise the colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Though a bit faded, the dais is in good shape given its advanced age.

Aurea takes a torch out of her backpack and striking flint on steel, she lights it. The white light pushes back the green glow brightening the entire hallway. To the north, beyond the webs, a set of stairs leads down and out of view.


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 14:56:52.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.