The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Age of Worms Main thread
Related thread: Age of Worms Recruitment Thread
Related thread: Age of Worms Q&A Place
Related thread: Age of Worms Combat Thread
Related thread: Age of Worms Character Information
Related thread: Age of Worms Diamond Lake Information
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Jozan1, Kaelyn, Dragon Mistress, Loki, Utan the Orange, Dwibius
    Messages in Age of Worms Main thread
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Aldaris

Aldaris cast his eyes over the dais, trying to see if anything pertenant stuck out of the stone surface, any runes, glyphs or langauges he might decipher.

Moving on from it though, he made sure to commit the order of lanterns and their colours to memory, before directing Jeeve's forward towards the green glow once more. Jeeve's walked with his sheild raised above him like an umbrella for Aldaris, protecting against the cobwebs and anything that might fall upon his master.


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 18:53:18.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


An eye open

Keeping an eye on the wolves Lar'd wordlessly follows the group further into the cern glad the there is someone to cover the group from the front, if there wasn't then he would be severely at discomfort with the situation. Lar'd
is a military tactical guy, not an adventure or a scout.


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 20:45:06.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Down the Stairs, Past The Cobwebs



*NOTE* Making assumption the entire party will head this way*

Working their way carefully down the stairs, the party continues further into the cave. Lighting a torch, Aurea follows Jeeves and his master past the cobwebs and down the cave. The torch flames touch the webs and peel them back as the fire dissolves them into nothing. Triallian scouts out the stairs looking for any obvious signs of treachery but finds none. Eventually the stairs lead into a large chamber. (Party at #1)

The stairway descends into an immense domed chamber. Seven short tunnels branch from the room in all directions, extending some thirty feet before ending in rounded walls. At the terminus of each passage, a thick chain dangles from an unseen high ceiling. Five of the chains bear colorful lanterns, but two hold nothing at all . Opposite the entry stairs (6), a bright green lantern containing what looks like a torch casting a weird, murky light about the room. Countless chips of glass and shiny metal inset into the chamber's domed ceiling reflect the light, giving the impression of starlight and fallen snow. The dome starts bout 10 feet off the ground and reaches an apex about 30 feet over the center of the room.
Below the domes peak, a long dais holds what appears to be a marble sarcophagus (2). A milky white bas-relief figure, perhaps a human, rests passively upon the sarcophagus lid. Unlike the rest of the tomb, this room is completely silent.


Posted on 2008-02-08 at 13:48:41.
Edited on 2008-02-08 at 14:03:10 by Devalero

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


eye spy with my slate grey eyes..

Aldaris stood in the domed room, circling around the sarcophogus keeping his eyes peeled for anything magical that may have caught his interest. Muttering a simple cantrip, Aldaris utilizes Detect Magic as he observes the room, taking particular interest in not only the sarcophogus but the base upon which it sat as well, Aldaris looks for any moving parts, or magical glyphs that might allow some clue as to the functionality of this room's centerpiece.
Search check: ####Dice roll for Kaelyn, rolling 1d20: Your total roll is 25 and a mod of 8. rolls: 17


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 19:17:58.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The room

Searching around the room, elven eyes detect a magical aura surrounding the sarcophagus. The lid of it bears a white stone relief of a tall figure cloaked in a simple garment of flowing cloth. The outfit conjures thoughts of ancient times (not by any magical means) The figure at first looks human but a cursory examination reveals that it is about 7 feet tall, completely hairless and sexless. Its arms and hands rest at its side. The left hand curls upon itself into a fist, but the right is placed palm up, with the thumb turned in and all but the index finger held parallel to the arm. The index finger, originally curled under the thumb, has been broken off. The extended fingers might mean something. The figure wears a scarab-like amulet around its neck, incscribed with a symbol, similar to the glyph on the mirror device.
The sarcophagus rests upon a small raised platform carved in the shape of a stylistic arrow. The tip aligned with the head of the figure. the arrow is currently pointing in the direction of the orange lantern hallway.



Posted on 2008-02-11 at 19:27:17.
Edited on 2008-02-11 at 19:30:10 by Devalero

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


The search is on...

Aldaris ran his hands over the relief of the man atop the sarcophogus, and then attempted to read the glyph on his necklace, much as he had earlier on the ancient artifact.

(Knowledge Arcana ####Dice roll for Kaelyn, rolling 1d20: Your total roll is 23 and a mod of 8. rolls: 15)

He turned to the others and stated matter of factly. "I think we'll need the other lanterns before we attempt to move this sarcophogus. If my assumption is correct. This may actually be some sort of device, who'se reaction depends on the colour of lantern it faces. Seeing as the green lantern is the only one alight, I wonder if it is beckoning us to try and move the arrow towards it, be it for progress, or a trap."

Aldaris moved towards the orange unlit lantern, and beckoned a torch bearer near. "Perhaps one of you might light this lantern, that we may garner some further insight to the workings of the sarcophogus?"


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 19:51:51.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillian

Trillian does not move to the center whe the sarcophagus lies. She is leery of the tunnels that lead off into who know where and before shed does anything else she checks those tunnel out.

The first tunnel to the left is narrower than the one they entered through to this chamber First things she does is visually just at the entrance from the dome room. Kooking into its depths she can see the end of it which seems to be jsut rounded. Trillian slips into the first tunnel and checks it out carefully for any possible left over treasures and secret places. Carefully she examines the walls and floors and even the ceiling. to satisfy herself that there is nothing that could prove dangerous though hopefully she can find something of value.

One by one in a clockwise pattern she checks out each tunnel in turn. After those are completed she will make he way back to where they came in. she moves over to where the group has gathered.

SEARCH roll results + a mod of +4:
Tunnel 3 14 + a mod of +4 total roll is 18
Tunnel 4 9 + a mod of +4 total roll is 13
Tunnel 5 20 + a mod of +4 total roll is 24
Tunnel 6 17 + a mod of +4 total roll is 21
Tunnel 7 14 + a mod of +4 total roll is 18
Tunnel 8 16+ a mod of +4 total roll is 20




Posted on 2008-02-11 at 19:53:33.
Edited on 2008-02-13 at 01:17:22 by Brianna

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Moving over

Lar'd moves over to the rest of the group and says
"It is a beautiful thing but it is just a glorified coffin, now, lets get the rod and get out of here, we can be easily ambushed down here and I don't want to spill blood if I don't need to."


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 19:59:36.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Searching Hallway

Trillian .. give me a search check for each hallway .. Edit them in your last post and I'll edit in your finds in this post.

The rune appears similar to the other one. You recognize it as some personal glyph of some powerful elemental entity. Again, it is similar to the ancient glyph-language Vaati, considered the original written form of Auran.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 14:52:58.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Aurea


As others move about Aurea goes up to the tomb. She stands at the foot of the figure and looks up the length him. She notes the position of the right hand and muses if it might have looked like a typical human sign for Okay. Over both the shounders are the three lines, and if one imagined the top without the bas relief figure, that they could look like clouds. About the head was the broken circle and a single smaller circle over the center of the seemingly broken halo.

She racked her brain, (Knowledge) to see if she had any inkling of what it might be. Also by taking away what languages and alphabbets she did know, she tried to deduce what lanugae it might be in. As her Grandfather often said to his family, one can never know enough.

"I wonder, she says aloud to not one in particular, "if he is not showing us the way." She looks to the arrow shape of the base and at what might be the Okay sign. "Then again his left hand is a fist and may mean something else. Either way the hand positions are not usual for carvings of the dead."


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 23:19:34.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


convinced.

Aldaris was convinced the sarcophogus held the key to something more than idly walking through these ancient halls. casting Flare to light the orange lantern, he awaits to see if anything special happens, what with the arrowhead facing that direction.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 23:32:46.

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


/

Hunderel thinks for a moment, and speaks up.

" Do you think we should replace these lanterns with the already lit ones that were by the dais back there? Or try an light these with those lanterns?"

Then Hunderel shook his head, shaking off a slight head ache.


" Oh wait, nevermind. I must of gotten them confused with actual things, I remember they were just paintings now."


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 00:00:49.
Edited on 2008-02-13 at 02:35:42 by Jozan1

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Orange Lantern

The orange lantern glows brightly adding orange to the green mixing it in the room. The glass above the dome seems to mix the light in a colorful way but it is, nonetheless, an incomplete rainbow.



Posted on 2008-02-13 at 18:45:01.
Edited on 2008-02-18 at 03:32:52 by Devalero

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rolls

Just to let you know I will delete these late and Trillian will take extra time to wxamine the tunnels. on the idea that this is a new situation for her it is unfamiliar terrain and she wants to be careful not to overlook anything

I do not know what to add for that.

SEARCH roll results + a mod of +4:
Tunnel 3 14 + 4 total 18
Tunnel 4 9 + 4 total 13
Tunnel 5 20 + 4 total 24
Tunnel 6 17 + 4 total 21
Tunnel 7 14 + 4 total 18
Tunnel 8 16 + 4 total 20
Tunnel 9 13 + 4 total 17
SPOT
Tunnel 3 13 + 7 total 20
Tunnel 4 19 + 7 total 26
Tunnel 5 17 + 7 total 24
Tunnel 6 20 + 7 total 27
Tunnel 7 10 + 7 total 17
Tunnel 8 18 + 7 total 25
Tunnel 9 7 + 7 total 14


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 19:10:26.
Edited on 2008-02-13 at 19:29:41 by Brianna

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Check List

I am constantly taking 10's on Spot and listen checks directed towards the entrance, he also has a readied attack against any anything that might come down the stairs.

Lar'd keeps his senses trained on the entrance ignoring the happenings behind him with his sword ready if anything should come down the stairs.


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 20:04:03.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.