The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Aust's Journey - A Side Adventure
Related thread: Aust\'s Journey Q&A Spot
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: fynor, fargus, Sigoth, farlanh
    Messages in Aust's Journey - A Side Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00

fargus
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
7 Posts


at the caravan

Esmerlda: "Hmmm, it looks like goblins again! Ray, can you see where they've gone?"

She searches the area with an 8.


Posted on 2008-02-02 at 20:58:44.

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Compromised

As the two travelers get closer, Aust notices a slight change in the demeanor of the pair. It is hardly possible that they could have noticed him, yet this is his cousin who has always been hard to hide from, and he was shifting position just before Farlanh reached for his staff.

Aust decides that they may have seen him, but he bets that the rope-trap is still unnoticed. He decides to distract the two from the would-be snare by bellowing out an an intimating yell in Common, "You are vastly outnumbered, lay down your arms and we may have pity on you."

Aust giggles to himself, hoping they fall for the bluff (11+2 = 13 bluff).






Posted on 2008-02-03 at 03:33:09.

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


What a Bloody mess

Rauno looses the song on his lips at the siblings cross the rise and finally see the carnage before them. In fact, the bloody mess almost makes him loose his lunch as well, the stench of charred horse meat thick in the air. The only thing that helps him to swallow the rising bile and see to the situation at hand is the fact that his petulant little sister is here and might now be in some amount of danger. There will be time enough for weak nerves later. He takes a moment to survey the wreckage, hoping to find any survivors (spot: 12).

*If he sees any potential survivors he will run to their aid before continuing on
*If he sees no survivors, or after helping any:

Rauno, agreeing that this atrocity could only be the work of Goblins, moves to help Esmerelda in her search for tracks, in hopes of being able to find those responsible (search: 15). While he does this, he also checks the string on his bow and the fletchings on his arrows, when the time comes he needs to know that they will fly straight and true with all the power he can muster put behind them.



Posted on 2008-02-04 at 13:11:43.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Searching the Area

A search of the area does not reveal any survivors. There are bloody spots around where humanoids may have been but no humanoids to occupy the spot where a dead body would be. You do, however discover a set of wagon tracks that seem to head off in the direction of the woods away from the coast. At least, for the first part they seem like they would be easy to follow. If you would like to follow give me 1 survival roll or 3 search checks each .. whichever would be better for you.


Posted on 2008-02-04 at 14:28:26.

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


In search of a wagon

"Look Esmerelda, wagon tracks. Let us hasten after them, surely our quarry is this way and mayhaps a few survivors." Rauno turns his horse to follow the tracks down the path.

Search: (17, 12, 11)


Posted on 2008-02-04 at 14:34:05.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Following the tracks

Following the wagon tracks (I assume both of you will go) the siblings track the wagon easily across the ground. Fortunately it had rained recently and the sod here was damp enough to leave clear tracks to follow. Eventually, once inside the woods though . the tracks lead up to a spot in the middle of the woods. You see a wooden cart as you approach the area.


Posted on 2008-02-04 at 14:39:46.

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


Sneaking on a cart.

Seeing the cart in the distance, Rauno motions to Esmerelda to hold and be quiet. Slipping off his horse Rauno hands Esmerelda the reins and attempts to creep quietly towards the cart to investigate further.

Spot: (3 + 4 = 7)
Move Silent: (14 + 6 = 20)
Hide: (16 + 6 = 22)


Posted on 2008-02-04 at 15:41:38.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The wagon.

The pair approach the wagon carefully .. and as they look inside.

They find the wagon completely empty. Only bloodstains remain on the wagon and the tracks seem to end here in the middle of the forest where the wagon sits.


Posted on 2008-02-05 at 13:40:43.

farlanh
Newbie
Karma: 4/0
17 Posts


Bandit spotted

Sense Motive = 14 (8+6)
Listen = 7 (1+6) unfortunately I probably don't recognize the voice at this distance, but I don't he is with others.

Bandit, show yourself! It appears to me that YOU are the one who is outnumbered. Even so, we will let you be. We have no quarrel with you. If you decide to harass us, you will regret that decision.

I lead the two of us forward, keeping a wary eye on the figure in the woods.


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 01:25:51.

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Discovered

"Oh my good cousin Farlanh, I never was good at pulling wool over your eyes. You've called my bluff. Good to see you again Sarlena." Aust says in Elven as he leaves his cover in the woods.

"I just had to get out in the woods for a bit, to see what is happening. What brings you up this way?"

Conscious that the two are edging closer to the well concealed rope trap which crosses the road, Aust walks to meet them at a point past the trap.


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 03:18:48.

fargus
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
7 Posts


Where'd they go?

"Why this is just like one of those grand tales you are always singing, good brother." Esmerelda says to Rauno.
"But those always seemed like they would be exciting to be in. This is just so sad. See if you can see where the people went."

Search (21, 13, 9)



Posted on 2008-02-06 at 20:34:41.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Searching

Searching the immediate area you find some blood stained leaves and debris leading to the base of a tall and wide tree. The bark is gnarled and the branches somewhat twisted.


Posted on 2008-02-06 at 22:30:57.

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


The Trail of Blood

Rauno is tired of following this bloody trail. Tired of wondering what bloody mess awaits at the end of it. Tired, even, of hoping so strongly that there may be even one survivor. Tired mostly of all the blood. And yet, he forces himself onward, for if only one person can be saved it will be worth the nightmares that are sure to come in the next few days. And if there are to be no survivors, well then perhaps the filthy goblins can be made to pay for their transgressions. Maybe one day the little buggers will understand how to behave as members of a society, instead of bottom feeders operating outside everything else.

But alas, back to task at hand. Rauno shakes his head a little to clear the wandering thoughts and re-focus on the task at hand. That is what is important. He rechecks his string and his arrows, knowing that they are sure to be put to the test very soon. Along with his sister they follow the trail of blood to base of a tree. Looking as far as they can see into the branches of the tree they see:

Search: 9
Spot: 13


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 13:39:49.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Tree

E & R

A search of the tree doesn't reveal anything in the tree. The branches are large and somewhat twisted. It could be possible to climb the tree with some effort.


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 14:37:38.

farlanh
Newbie
Karma: 4/0
17 Posts


Greetings Cousin!

"Ha! Why am I not surprised, Aust? Ambushing poor passers-by" I say with a smile on my face. "We were actually looking for you - I heard you were headed north, and thought we could travel the the Mierani forest together. I am bound to travel with Sarlana, and as long as we're both going the same direction, I thought we could travel together. What do you say?" I continue towards my cousin, and move to embrace him.

"Where exactly were you going, anyway? After all the excitement in Sandpoint we've had, I imagine I'll be going back. It's nice to feel needed."


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 14:46:01.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.