The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3983 registered users. Our newest member is hangthungsidacampuchia.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Blackthorn)Hidden Corruption
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Giddy)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Aust's Journey - A Side Adventure
Related thread: Aust\'s Journey Q&A Spot
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: fynor, fargus, Sigoth, farlanh
    Messages in Aust's Journey - A Side Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


A Trap Noticed

A&F

Noticing a trap laid out by his cousin, Farlanh moves to the side as he gives his cousin a hug. The two exchange hellos and Sarlana nod to them and continues heading to the North. Come you too .. we can't waste all day standing in the middle of the road. I can use your protection too Aust so gather your things quickly. Sarlana walks along side her horse and cart which carries the leftover pelts that did not sell at the Swallowtail Festival. Pelts that were sold have been replaced with goods needed by the elves. She stops in the road waiting for the others to catch up. When they do, she continues heading to the north with the two cousins along side her.

(If you want to do something different here that is fine .. but I assume you will both go with Sarlana)


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 15:09:29.
Edited on 2008-02-07 at 15:11:23 by Devalero

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Onward

A bit disappointed, but not surprised by his foiled plans, he eagerly recovers his rope. A grin comes across his face knowing the others guessed his intentions.

'Better luck next time' - he thinks to himself.

"Right-O, let's go!" Aust proclaims aloud. He reflects on the grace and wisdom that Sarlana carries. This should be a good journey.


Posted on 2008-02-07 at 23:08:50.
Edited on 2008-02-07 at 23:09:23 by Sigoth

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Moving on

A&F
Heading along the coastal road, the small traveling party continued east. The journey was slow and could be dangerous since it took them away from civilization. Passing through first the low peaks of Ravenroost and between the forest of Tickwood and Shanks Wood, their travels were mostly uneventful. Enjoying the time together and the fresh air, the three elves felt right at home along the woods. It wasn't until they reached the Thistle River that trouble poked out it's ugly head.

Setting up camp along the Thistle River, the trio prepared a fire for the evening. Elves had little need for rest and a few hours of meditation would be all that they needed to press on. This night, however, as they cooked a hot meal over a hot fire, they were alerted to a sound coming from the woods to the north. Although they had chosen a spot close to the road, their fire had probably alerted some creature as to their presence.

Spot & Listen Checks for A&F


Posted on 2008-02-08 at 13:38:48.

fargus
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
7 Posts


The tree

"hmmm, it looks like there's something up here."
Esmerelda scampers up the tree like a squirrel.
climb (4, 7, 12)
(ok, maybe a drunk squirrel with a broken leg)


Posted on 2008-02-08 at 14:43:57.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


A shaky climb

E&R
After scraping up her legs and arms, Esmeralda finally manages to climb up into the tree. From within the branches she can see a large hole leading inside the tree itself. The hole is dark and deep.


Posted on 2008-02-08 at 15:21:46.

farlanh
Newbie
Karma: 4/0
17 Posts


Dinner on the river

Spot: 13+2
Listen: 11+2



Posted on 2008-02-09 at 01:25:39.
Edited on 2008-02-09 at 19:37:33 by farlanh

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Nighttime Noises

Spot - 8
Listen - 26


Posted on 2008-02-09 at 06:29:21.
Edited on 2008-02-09 at 06:29:44 by Sigoth

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Noises & Shadows

At the same time Aust hears movement coming from the woods, Farlanh sees some shadowy figures heading toward the campsite from the woods. They seem to be small figures but in large numbers. The figures are still off in the distance, but having seen the light of the campfire, they are moving in that direction. Sarlana says we may need to move quickly. Load up the cart, fast
Respond and Roll Initiatives


Posted on 2008-02-09 at 19:55:50.

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Alert

Hearing the noises in the distance, Aust swiftly assists Sarlena with the cart and whispers, "I'm going for a closer look. I'll stay close by."

Aust moves at 45 degrees to the right heading toward the noises to see what he can find out.

Move silent - 24
Hide - 19
Initiative - 23


Posted on 2008-02-10 at 05:01:55.

farlanh
Newbie
Karma: 4/0
17 Posts


Hide!

Quickly load the cart. Mention to Aust and Sarlanna that I am heading off in the opposite direction, taking out my bow. I motion for Sarlana to leave the cart and take shelter in the trees near me.

Hide: 17
Move Silent: 11
Initiative: 9


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 03:41:45.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The army cometh

A&F

Aust grabs his bow and straps his quiver around at his side. Heading slong the river towards the woods, he uses the bank to gain an advantage on his hidden position. He heads north until he can still see the campsite but is well out of the view of the approaching shadowy figures.

Farlanh heads away from the camp and out of view. Approaching the edge of the forest, he quietly hides among the vegitation at the forests edge waiting patiently. The moonlight offers enough light for him to see the approaching army and the campsite in the distance. He sees the cart moving quickly away as the flames from the campfire go out in a quick blast. Sarlanna knows how to take care of herself.

Putting out the campfire with a pot full of water, Sarlanna hopes she has been quick enough. Moving the cart down into the riverbank, she quickly stands on the cart waving her hands to cast a spell. She and the cart suddenly disappear into the night.

As the army approaches, Aust and Farlanh notice three groups of at least a dozen soldiers enter the field and head towards the campfire. Goblinoid voices fill the air (Who speaks Goblinoid?) The figures range from small to medium in size. Some more human looking than goblin. They carry weaponry and have distinct symbols on their armor, although it is hard to pick out amongst all the shadows.


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 16:56:59.
Edited on 2008-02-11 at 16:57:37 by Devalero

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


LIsten and Wait

(I can speak Goblinoid).
Aust readies his bow while listening into the Goblins' conversation. With the large numbers, he hopes they don't get into a dispute.

Patiently he waits and remains concealed.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 07:02:49.

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


Climbing a tree I guess

Rauno lets out a long sigh and glances down at his clean cloak. Giving a slight shrug he begins to climb up the tree after his gung-ho sister. {Climb of 13, 18, 21}. Seeing the dark hole leading into the tree he pulls a rock from his pocket that he saves for moments like this and casts 'light' upon it. As the stone begins to shine Rauno uses it to take a closer look at the hole in the tree.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 12:58:25.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Rabbit Hole

E&R

Taking out a stone and casting his spell upon it, Rauno gazes down inside the dark tree. Immediately seen inside the tree is a set of pitons hammered into the inside creating some sort of makeshift ladder. Some blood can also be seen scraped along the inside of the tree hollow.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 14:06:52.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Goblinoids

A&F

As the goblins approach closer to the campfire, Aust hears their conversation clearly. It is obvious that they are a mixture of goblins, hobgoblins and even a few bugbears. From listening to the conversation, Aust hears this

A burly bugbear shouts orders to the goblinoid army Looks as though we scared them off. Whoever was here is lucky to have left, but perhaps not lucky enough. Send scouts along the perimeter. They cannot have gone far. Report back as soon as you find anything.
The response is immediate and a chorus of goblinoid voices reply yes Bruthazmus, immediately, as you desire. We live to serve you
Several small goblin parties separate and head off. One down the road to the west, another down the road to the east. One other group begins to scan the riverbank while another heads towards the treeline. Each of these smaller parties consists of half a dozen goblins, each led by either a hobgoblin or a bugbear leader. A large contingency remains at the campfire. They sniff around and search for anything valuable around the smoldering fire.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 14:13:07.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.