The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by SilentOne)Destiny Flight - QnA
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Aust's Journey - A Side Adventure
Related thread: Aust\'s Journey Q&A Spot
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: fynor, fargus, Sigoth, farlanh
    Messages in Aust's Journey - A Side Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Womens Chaotic Evil
Price: $16.50

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Heading North

"Sounds good Farlanh. Slowly head North and keep an eye out for Sarlana. I'll follow closely behind and cover our tracks." Whispers Aust, glad that fortune has been on their side.


Posted on 2008-02-17 at 08:12:21.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Eventually

Eventually growing tired of searching the goblin patrols return one by one to the campsite to report. Each one bearing bad news, The hobgoblin leader smacks them around and then orders the entire platoon to head out. They head to the east, seemingly heading into Mosswood territory. You presume they are going to a meeting with the heads of the Mosswood goblin houses because you hear the hobgoblin bark out Move on to Mosswood, we don't want to be late.. double-time! and with a crack of the whip, the goblinoid army marches onward leaving Aust and Farlanh to their business undiscovered.


Posted on 2008-02-20 at 14:56:44.

farlanh
Newbie
Karma: 4/0
17 Posts


Once gone...

Once the goblins are gone, we make our way back to the campsite, and attempt to locate Sarlana. I make my way to the spot where she disguised the cart.

"Well, since we're alive, shall we move on north?"


Posted on 2008-02-21 at 15:24:15.
Edited on 2008-02-22 at 22:03:50 by farlanh

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Let's Get Going

Still wary that other travelers may wander near by, Aust makes a quick sweep of the area.

Still clear.

He joins his cousin and whispers that he is ready to head out.

The two wait for Sarlana to ready herself to continue northward.


Posted on 2008-02-25 at 05:46:53.

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


A small trap.

Reflex: 13 (roll) + 6 = 19



Posted on 2008-02-25 at 19:04:41.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The dark tunnel

R&E
Rauno quickly realizes the ground is disappearing underneath his feet. He hollers up at Esmerelda .. watch that bottom .. it's a trap .. try to hop over here with me. Rauno stands in the small tunnel that leads further into the tree root system. Thankful that he did not get impaled by the spikes that lay underneath the false bottom he looked further into the darkened chamber ahead noting a long path that curves ahead about 40 feet. Two small alcoves can be seen out each side of the tunnel. One set at 15 feet in and another at 30 feet in. Esmerelda climbs down the ladder and carefully steps next to her brother. The tunnel is tight for the both of them so Esmerelda stands directly behind.

Note*
Spot checks for both and tell me what you want to do next

Trap .... Esmerelad ... Rauno .... Tunnel ... Alcoves ... Tunnel .. Alcoves ... Curve in Tunnel


Posted on 2008-02-26 at 15:23:25.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Sarlana's Instructions

A&F

Sarlana appears before the two cousins and curses in elven. These freaking goblins are going to continue to cause more trouble. I am going to hurry on to the forest and see if I can solicit the help of some of our elven brethren to aid in the extermination of these pests. These were from Thistletop no doubt by looking at their insignia. You two need to head back to town and warn them of this new goblin information. I will be fine .. I have prepared a special spell to get me home quickly. The cart .. will have to remain hidden until I get a chance to return to it. Hide it in the woods over there. I will make much better time without it, as will you in getting back to Sandpoint. Quickly .. let us make haste The frustration was easily seen on Sarlana's face as she instructed the cousins of the immediate need to stop these goblins from making further assaults.


Posted on 2008-02-26 at 15:28:25.

Sigoth
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
16 Posts


Well said

"I agree, we must head to Sandpoint, it is imperative that the townsfolk know." Aust replies.

Aside to Farlanh, Aust mumbles, " Wanna race back?"


Posted on 2008-02-27 at 05:03:14.

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


Sneaking around

Spot: 6 + 4 = 10


Rauno motions to Esmerelda to be quiet and he attempts to move stealthily down the tunnel to the nearest alcove.

Hide: 11 + 6 = 17
Move Silent: 9 + 6 = 15



Posted on 2008-02-27 at 19:47:20.

farlanh
Newbie
Karma: 4/0
17 Posts


Back to Sandpoint

"Let it be so. Sarlana, may Gozreh be with you in your travel to the Mierani. Please send a message to Sandpoint if you can that you made it safely."

"Aust, let's go. As much as I enjoy a good race, I don't think we should rush back. We need to hurry, but carefully."


Posted on 2008-02-28 at 20:41:29.

fargus
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
7 Posts


sneak sneak sneak ... well, maybe not

A little more cautious after the trap, Esmerelda recognizes that Ray may be a little better equipped for sneaking around. She decides to let him go ahead and scout out.

Spot: 18 + 2 = 20
Hide: 1 + 1 = 2





Posted on 2008-03-03 at 13:39:18.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Alcoves

E&R

Rauno moves quietly down the main hallway and up to the first set of alcoves. Looking in to the right side and the left he finds them to be empty except for a crate at the end of each one. Each alcove is 10 feet deep and holds a single large crate inside.


Posted on 2008-03-03 at 14:13:38.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Return to Sandpoint

A&F

The two cousins make haste back to Sandpoint. As they arrive they walk past the guards at the main gate and are waved on into town. Welcome back the guards say as they approach

Once in town they decide to alert the officials. Heading to the town hall they find the Mayor at her desk working over some papers. Not bothered by the intrusion, the mayor smiles and says Come in, come in. What news do you bring me?


Posted on 2008-03-03 at 14:16:04.

farlanh
Newbie
Karma: 4/0
17 Posts


News

"Good Mayor, we have run into a contingent of the bugbear Bruthazmus's goblin army on the road north. We were camping out, but lit too large of a campfire I guess. We heard them coming and were able to avoid detection. When they left, they mentioned they were heading to Mosswood. This is disturbing, as I believe they may be heading to discuss alliances as your ranger friend had mentioned before. Had there been more of us, we could have defeated them, but alas, 3 vs 3 dozen was not good odds. My cousin and I ran straight here after our encounter. You should post warnings that the North Road may not be safe for small bands of travelers."


Posted on 2008-03-03 at 19:29:54.
Edited on 2008-03-03 at 19:47:55 by farlanh

fynor
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


Looking in Crates

Curious of what might be inside the crates, Rauno motions to Esmerelda to hold her position and then creeps carefully forward to the crate in the right hand alcove. Rauno will attempt to quietly open the crate and see whats inside.

***Assuming the first crate goes as planned he will attempt to look inside the other one as well.


Posted on 2008-03-04 at 13:24:25.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.