The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Chessicfayth)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Forgotten Realms: The Unsung Heroes
Related thread: Forgotten Realms: Kaelyn Style~Recruitment Thread
Related thread: Forgotten Realms: the Unsung Heroes Q/A
Related thread: Forgotten Realms Base of Operations
GM for this game: Kaelyn
Players for this game: DarkAutumn, Jozan1, Tek, Dragon Mistress, Brianna, Sibelius Eos Owm, Reralae, Dwibius, Deucalion, Gamling
    Messages in Forgotten Realms: The Unsung Heroes
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


The room

Xaris moves to stand in front of the door from which the orcs had come out. Peering in, he is met with a small room with four bunks The beds are little more than timber and hay, the sheets likely stolen from passing victims, soiled and filth ridden. In one corner lies a small table, upon which sit a pair of knucklebone dice, some worn cards, a short dagger more the size of a stiletto or letter opener, and a low burning candle.

On the wall hangs a tattered piece of cloth, with markings which could perhaps resemble the bearings of a clan symbol of a bloody eye within a crescent moon.

The room is bare of any other accoutrements as far as Xaris can tell, and the room thankfully is empty of any other movement or life.


Posted on 2008-03-27 at 04:29:21.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


An Unexpected Light

(sorry this is going to be a quick post, since I have to go to bed soon)

Stepping away from the hole in the floor, Linnix's eyes adjust as her vision returns. However, in glancing down to watch her steps, she sees a light blue light seemingly coming from her new sword, which stuck out a bit from the sheath because of the webbing still on it. Drawing the sword, Linnix carefully wipes the rest of the webbing off, and if it sticks to her hand, she smears it against the wall with her mouth curled in disgust. The now relatively clean blade definately has a blue glow about it, and Linnix holds it up to inspect it more.

"Why is it glowing like that?" She asks of no one in particular, as intrigued in the blade as she was with the orbs of light when she first came across them.


Posted on 2008-03-27 at 05:05:52.

Ginafae
Kool Killer Kitty
Karma: 64/6
1685 Posts


Finishing what has been started

Aelistae saw the self-doubt writ over Linnix’s face, and, strange as though it may seem, it reminded the drow woman of how she had once felt. It had taken her a long time to stop doubting her every action, and in moments of weakness she still did it. She still feared the evil of Menzoberranzen had burrowed beneath her skin and that all the good she did could never, ever wash it away.

But Aelistae was wrong to doubt herself, and she knew Linnix was wrong to the do the same.

“Let’s just say that we both owe each other our lives then,” she stated with a smile, as she grasped the rope Loriel had thrown down.



After she was hoisted from the spider’s lair, Aelistae saw that her companions had been in a fight of their own. Orc corpses littered the floor, and all her comrades seemed to bear scratches and bruises. They were none, however, that needed urgent attention to their wounds. As Kasenerrion offered her own divine healing to Aelistae and Linnix, she realized why.

“I never knew you were a Priestess,” Aelistae replied with a bow of her head in deference to her rank. “If you can spare your Goddess’ blessing I could use it, as could Linnix.”

[Presuming Kas can spare a spell for Aelistae:]

“Thank you, Sister,” she commented by way of thanks. “As to your plan, I’m not sure it will work. Whatever creatures live here clearly knew of the pit. There was a creature of Lolth that resided there – a spider I think it is called in the human tongue – but it is dead now. So there is little advantage even if we could throw a creature into its depths.”

“We found some coins and other items down there, but now is not the time to divide the spoils of war. There is also a door down there, but I am not sure where it leads. What is clear is we must strike quickly or we risk the lives of the human prisoners. ”

Xaris moved off already having come to the same conclusion as herself, while Linnix pondered over the blue light her newly found blade was shedding.

“It is likely to be magical,” Aelistae commented, knowing a little about bladecraft. “The blades crafted by humans and the Tel’Quess – the surface elves – often emit a soft light. There might be some other reason for it but I am not so knowledgeable about these things as some of my Sisters are.”

Aelistae drew her bow to ensure its string was intact. “But come. Let us finish what we started, and then leave this place.”

[OOC. By referring to Tyr as a ‘Goddess’ Aelistae isn’t impugning his sexuality (athough that would be amusing ). It’s because Aelistae doesn’t actually know what deity Kas worships, and I figure that most drow would use assume that all Gods are Goddesses unless they specifically know otherwise. That’s because women are so much better than men of course. ]


Posted on 2008-03-27 at 09:40:20.
Edited on 2008-03-27 at 15:52:19 by Ginafae

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Let's Get Going ^-^

"Oh, don't worry about me!" Linnix says quickly, sheathing her blade at the same time, "I know I'm a bit battered, but it's not as big of a deal as some of the others, namely the fighters."

Linnix says this with a reassuring smile; in her mind, she already began to doubt the next time she'd be right next to an attacker. She didn't expect it to occur again with the party reunited after the unfortunate separation earlier. It could happen again, but Linnix really felt that someone else could use the healing far more than her, or maybe it should just be saved for later.

"Right, let's get after what we came here for!" Linnix says, drawing her hand crossbow, and obviously waiting for the party to continue.

[OOC: They're exclamation marks, but Linnix is still keeping the volume down a bit, although she doesn't know whether or not it is necessary still]


Posted on 2008-03-27 at 23:27:02.
Edited on 2008-03-27 at 23:28:30 by Reralae

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Xaris sighs in relief as to not seeing any orcs within this room. He really didnt want to lop another head off and get so messy. He relaxed his shoulders, and turned to the group, seeing what they were going to do. He was ready to head out with them.


Posted on 2008-03-28 at 00:26:47.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Kas


Kas pondered for a moment, if Tyr had just taken her up in place of her family deity, Pelor, what was she? For when Aelistea mentions Priestess she knows she is not a priestess, yet she could cast Divine spells, and Arcane ones, as she was a Bard. She had spent her life training to become one, but something happened, she knew it did, but for the life of her, she could not remember what it was. Though beginning Bards do not have the divine spells that Tyr indicated she possessed. Why was she so favored .... favored .... that was it, she remembered the first time Pelor revealed himself to her and called her a Favored Soul. From that time on she had could call on Pelor’s Grace to cast Divine spells, spells she did not have to study, or pray for.

“Aelistae, I am not a priestess,” Kas says slowly. “I believe I am a Favored Soul of Pelor-------no ...... not Pelor, for Tyr just told me Pelor is not of this world. I am now Tyr’s.”

She looks about at the others, puzzlement clear on her face, her forehead was wrinkled and it brought a little pain from the wound she had taken on her head.

“Aelistae please allow me to use one of my healing spells of you.” Kas moves over to her and lifts her hands before her chest. “Divine Tyr,” it was right though it sounded strange to her ears, ”grace me with you healing powers so that I might heal this valiant comrade.”

She knows she and the wolf both need more healing but, their may be others that need it too. When Linnix turns down healing Kas calls Loriel to bring the wolf to herand repeats the her spell. One more time she casts the spell on herself.

"I am out of all my healing spells," she announces, I have a couple of Bardic ones, one of them it flare, so I would like to be close to the front so I could cast it into eyes of the Ogre, when we encounter him."


Posted on 2008-03-28 at 00:29:12.
Edited on 2008-03-28 at 00:33:41 by Dragon Mistress

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Healing Update

Healing Update
Aelistae uses 3x Cure Minor Wounds. Aelistae 12/30hp

Kasenarrion casts Cure Light Wounds on herself
8 Your total roll is 8.+1 =9
Kasenarrion 22/31 HP

Kasenarrion casts Cure Light Wounds on Aelistae
7 Your total roll is 7. +1=8
Aelistae 20/30 HP

Kasenarrion casts Cure Light Wounds on Moonshadow
7 Your total roll is 7.+1 =8
Moonshadow 23/33 HP

Kasenarrion casts Cure Light Wounds on heself
4 Your total roll is 4. +1 =5
Kasenarrion 27/31 HP

(Looks like Tyr likes you Kas!)


Posted on 2008-03-28 at 00:57:13.

DarkAutumn
Queen Hugglepounce
Karma: 47/29
674 Posts


not the best, but is something...

Artanis staid back, and out of the way, so the healers could do their work. She said nothing of the "scratches" she had in her side. She knew others needed much more healing than that.

As she waited, she looked about and noticed the discarded bodies of the orcs. She walked over to then and one by one searched each one in turn, for any items that would be useful.



(next post will be better. I just didn't know what all to post...but I did wnt to make sure I got this in there)


Posted on 2008-03-28 at 08:32:58.

Ginafae
Kool Killer Kitty
Karma: 64/6
1685 Posts


Quick reply before moving on

Kas moved her hands before Aelistae’s chest and flooded her with healing energy. The drow woman’s flesh tingled as her cracked bones knitted themselves together and the wound upon her thigh was reduced to an angry scar.

Yet although Aelistae was grateful for the attention Kas had shown her, she was also puzzled about what the strange-looking woman had revealed about herself.

‘Pelor? Favoured Soul?’ she thought, confused about the words and terms Kas had used. Aelistae knew the woman had suffered a head wound and wondered if that, coupled with the strains of combat, had not addled her thoughts.

“When we leave this place, I shall dress the head-wound you suffered earlier. Such wounds, when left untreated, can cause…confusion.”



Posted on 2008-03-28 at 14:10:37.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Choices

The party had been reunited, and the signs of happiness only heightened as Kasenarrion’s unexpected show of divine faith poured forth to heal some of the wounds of her companions. Xaris was standing watch over the door from which the orcs had come forth, while Artanis moved quietly about the fallen enemy in search of anything that might be of benefit for their cause.

Picking through the bloody mess of corpses was not so glorious a task, but when all was said and done, the woman had piled a small collection of items and coin.

88 gp
101 silver
47 copper
4 falchions
1 suit of leather armor (barely held together by stitching and some sticky substance)
Copper ring with many teeth marks in it
String necklace with 5 humanoid fingers strung on it
String necklace with 3 human, 1 elf and 1 gnomish ear strung on it
Waterskin (half full by weight)

(Artanis can decide what to claim along with anyone else if needbe in back posting or q/a but I’m moving on)

What spoils could be collected were, and the party settled back into their preferred marching order. Moving further down the corridor they were now in, the party rounded the corner at the end of the hall to the left. Here, the candle-orbs were spaced further apart, only one every 15 feet, leaving much of the hallway in dim illumination. The hallways continued a great distance ahead, at least one-hundred feet ahead of them, beyond even those with low light or dark vision’s capability of seeing. There were doors lining both the left and right side of the hallway, 2 on the right with 30ft or so between them, and 2 on the left, at about the 20 and 40’ mark from where the party currently stands.

Some choices lie ahead of you.
(see Q/a section please)


Posted on 2008-03-28 at 17:10:32.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Update

The companions had decided to generally take a peek in all rooms come across, then decide if the venture is worth a more in depth look.

Moving down the hallway to the first door on the left, Artanis gives the iron handle a gentle push, and the door creaks on ancient hinges as it swings open revealing what lay beyond. The room itself is fairly small, only 10’ x 10’ in size. The walls are bare, and the room is filled with barrels, some stacked two or three high, others sitting alone. The room now opened lets a smell of spoiled foodstuffs and mould escape into the hallway.

The door on the right, Xaris pushes open with some effort. Rust from years of moisture has set in, and as the door is opened, it lets out a grinding wail as the metal scrapes against itself, and the swollen wood of the door is forced against the frame. Stopping for a moment and listening for any indication that some foul creature may have been alerted to the noise, Xaris breathes a sigh of relief when nothing comes bounding down the hallway ready for battle.

Peering into the room, another 10’ x 10’ square room meets his gaze. This room is empty save for a stone statue set against the center of the back wall. It depicts a Horse headed humanoid rising to strike down a centaur; the elaborate statue fills the back wall. The Horse headed man, holds a gleaming spear, which even in the dim light of the room sparkles. The shaft is encrusted with small gemstones, and the spear point shines with an orange glow, as though it were still in the fires of the forge in which it was made. The centaur, has a shield raised above its head, and the shield too is of perfect quality compared to the aged and weathered stone statue bearing it, what with its gemstones ringing the outside edge, and polished mirror finish. It almost appears ornamental.

Along the base of the statue is an inscription written in ancient an ancient dialect which none of you seem to understand.


Posted on 2008-03-30 at 22:48:20.
Edited on 2008-03-31 at 02:24:44 by Kaelyn

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Keeping Watch

While Xaris and Artanis check the rooms on either side of the hallway, Linnix stands with her crossbow ready in the hall, watching in both directions. She noticeably winces at the racous noise caused by the door Xaris opens, and quickly glances along the hall. When nothing seems to occur, Linnix breathes out; she didn't realize she was holding her breath again.

"Anything?" She asks softly, her voice hardly above a whisper.


Posted on 2008-03-31 at 00:20:47.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Loriel

Loriel looks in quickly at eh statue and the gleaming spear. NIce and certainly it attracted her attention but she was used a bowq almost exclusively. "Anyone interested in that spear? could be a valuable addition Perhaps even magical in some way."

"Now the shield that interests me" she says ans she looks into rppm at the shield the centaur has. Loriel says, WHose coming in there with me I want the shield someone else can take the spear. but I don't think this is cgoing to be a easy enter and exit." Moonshoadow stay here. she mothions the wolf. She can't risk letting her be hurt for something she wants. She ties her rope around her waist and leaves the end with someone. "his is just incasse the floor gives way. kist give me enough rope to let me move and take up any slack you can."

Loriel takes out her bow and notches an arrow and half draws it as she enter the room skirt the side to the rear wall carefully examining eache step she take. looking at floor walls and celling as she goes. One step at a time. testing her footing.



Posted on 2008-03-31 at 02:30:49.
Edited on 2008-03-31 at 02:34:59 by Brianna

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Walking.

Loriel, bow at the ready, cautiously walks into the room skirting the sides. She approaches the statue on the right side with the centaur. She is now in front of the statue, nothing sees amiss.


Posted on 2008-03-31 at 02:35:01.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Loriel

"Shield or spear which one first?" Which ever one she is going to have to let down her bow and use her sword instead, She decides on the shield first as being one that would probaly cause the least problems if she took it.

Reaching out she takes up the shield with her left hand keeping watch about her just before oncentration on actually taking it from the centaurs hand.


Posted on 2008-03-31 at 02:46:50.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.