The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: t_catt11, Raven, Alacrity, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by Eol Fefalas)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Red Dragon Arena Battlegrounds
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Q&A Page
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Battlemap
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Registration
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Characters Info
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Leaderboard
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Basilisk CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Illithid CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Kraken CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Hydra CommunicationThread
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Jozan1, Kaelyn, Sibelius Eos Owm, Philosopher, Aardvark, Reralae, Loki, Utan the Orange, Laurelestra, Glory of Gallifrey, Wyrmsting
Jump to:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Red Dragon Arena Battlegrounds
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Red Dragon Arena Battlegrounds

Calling All Adventurers! Young and Old, Seasoned and Starting! The Championship Games Have Begun! We Are Now Registering For The Championship Games Here At The Red Dragon Arena! Ever want to challenge your friends in mortal combat? Here at the Arena we will be having major battles of all types pitted in a world class arena of death! Here below, the arena battles will take place. As many as 16 contestants will battle for a prize worthy of the Red Dragon. Title of Red Dragon Champion and the prized belt of champions to wear until it is taken from you! Also, experience and treasure awaits you at every turn.
Logistics for the battles will be posted in the Red Dragon Arena Q&A section. Only those found worthy will be selected to compete
Character Creation Rules Posted In The Characters Thread


Posted on 2008-02-04 at 19:01:36.
Edited on 2008-02-04 at 22:33:25 by Devalero

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Arena Calls

The sun rises on the Red Dragon Arena revealing a mighty battleground. Twelve contestants have arrived to pit their strength and skill against one another in combat. Only one will be declared the champion and have the right to wear the Red Dragon Belt. Two huge carved dragons await the contestants as they enter the arena. After registering they have been put together in one room. the challenge will be to know each of the players well enough to be able to work with them if they share a team but at the same time not give enough information away that it will hinder them in the future.

After a long period of waiting it is time for the first battle. The first round of pairings is up (See the Leaderboard Thread For The List) 4 Teams of 3 members each. Each team gathers together and heads to one of four specific rooms with their team name on the door. Only members of that team are allowed into that room. Here they can create a strategy for success (I will make one thread for each Team to talk to each other. Unfortunately I cannot keep other teams from reading your posts .. so you may want to PM secret info to each other)

When the battle begins, each team will have 1 minute to prepare. This includes moving to a location on the battlegrid, casting key spells and buffs etc. (Remember, all spells that last for over a minute will be effective for an entire battle. Other spells that last 1 round per minute will be monitored closely) 1 Minute is 10 Rounds. Please list round 1 - 10 on your pre-battle post. Use the posting techniques I outlined in the rules to do this

I will give 24-48 hours for you to give your first posts before the actual fighting begins. Communicate with each other and have fun.


If you would like to post how you got to the arena .. a background story, if you will, you may do so also. I think I have added everyone permission to post. It is a major arena .. typical sort of thing. Feel free to make up NPCs and stuff like that to add flavor for your background.

The Hour of Battle Is At Hand!


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 15:11:23.
Edited on 2008-02-11 at 17:18:13 by Devalero

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
497 Posts


Rolls Highest Initiative!

Round 1 Freak > Moves to n15

Freak reflects on the heat of the sun, taking in the surroundings of the arena. The turf is solid, and with the exception of the water pit, it seems a good place for a battle. Though he can swim, Freak dislikes getting wet, as it tend to make his hair quite stinky.

Round 2 Freak > Moves to k8

As the gnome walks toward a spot where he spots a particularly red pebble, he revels in the thought of bloodshed to come.

Round 3 Freak > Pick up item: little red pebble

Picking up the red pebble, he wipes the dust off and blows on it. He likes the pebble, it reminds him of bloodshed. He likes bloodshed too! Freak is looking forward to cutting into some of the other contestants. He wonders how many he can kill before they take him down... maybe three?

Round 4 Freak > Sheathes: little red pebble

The red eyed gnome stashes away his new found pebble, the token of time, the memory of this battle. The hardy gnome has fought many a battle, and has jars full of pebbles to prove it, many of them were fought against his older brother Liurel, all of which young Freekin had lost, but alas, it was the curse of sibling rivalry. "One day," thought Freekin Saer'voch, "one day I'll kill you brother."

Round 5 Freak > takes a full round stretch action

Freekin brings his hands up to the sky, stretching out his back muscles and twisting his torso. Then he brings his hands down so his fingers can touch his toes. Doing all of this fighting without a good stretch, and he could pull something... he would want a back ache to cramp him up when after gutting some taller folk. He may have to go up on his tippy toes after all, and he'd hate to look any more foolish than that already did while clobbering someone's head...

Round 5 Freak > Draws Gnome Hooked Hammer

Pulling his gnome hooked hammer from rest on his back and into his hands, the gnome keenly prods at the end of the pick to ensure it is sharp, and inspects the rest of his weapon for marks and bends. He emits a wicked grin of approval among further inspection, and talking to himself he says, "This shall do just fine..."

Round 6 Freak > falls over bored

As Freak stands there in waiting, he is quickly bored by the minute passing of time. He wants to fight. He sits down on the turf, and reflects upon his arrival here. In fact, it was due to that thrice damned brother of his. After their last fight, Liurel had sold Freekin into slavery, and seeing as his master could think of nothing better to do with him, he sent him away to the arena. It wasn't all bad. After all, free food, healing and whatyamacallits... His master told him, that if he wins the championship belt, that Freak would be a free man once more. This too was a relief. All Freekin had to do was eradicate his foe at every turn, and then the chains of bondage would be unloosed.

Round 7 Freak > Picks his nose

Green and golden globs of succulent beauty erupt from his nostrils as he contemplates the taste of a particular nugget with hair encased within, and a vein of clotted blood to boot.

Round 8 Freak > Eats his boogers

'Nuff said.

Round 9 Freak > Stands up from Prone > Scratches his butt

Sensing the imminent beginnings of a battle about to unfold, Freak stands up, not that he is much taller standing than sitting. He picks at an old scab from where he used to scratch his butt, and opens up the old war wound... after cursing about that for a while, he picks his breeches out of his crack, thinking about how hard it would be to do that in mid swing. It is a necessity however, can't wait... whenever that kind of thing happens, better to take care of it right away.

Round 10 Freak > Takes a Ready Action

Standing with his feet spread shoulder length apart, bent at the knee, he holds up his weapon, distributing the weight evenly in both hands. This freak is ready for a fight.


Posted on 2008-02-11 at 22:01:25.
Edited on 2008-02-11 at 22:39:30 by Philosopher

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


well now..

Rounds 1 & 2: Moves to A8, with Midnight in a9, Awaits companions to move to nearby squares. Holding squares in ten foot radius for companions. (Since team enters together according to battlemap)


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 00:26:49.
Edited on 2008-02-12 at 00:59:19 by Kaelyn

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Irosent moves into the arena, and spots his ally and another, small creature thing, standing inside. He quickly moves to B7, and unsheathes his flail and heavy wooden shield, taking a readied stance next to his partner.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 01:06:39.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


He who kills with a Trident | Joshua

Round 1
Joshua > Moves to R9 > Drops Trident by pool > Kneels and splashes face

The red-haired man with the trident approaches the water feature of this particular arena terrain. He dips his hands in the water and splashes his face with a bit of water.

Round 2
Joshua > Stands while Picking up Trident > Stretches a bit

He picks his weapon up again as he rises to his feet then stretches a few of his muscles that he hasn't worked for a few minutes.

Round 3
Joshua > Waves pleasantly to the people he is about to fight to the death with as they pass (Full Round)

I think that explains it pretty well

Round 4
Joshua > Moves to S4 > Places Trident prong into ground

Knowing that he has little over half a minute left, Joshua quests out to a relatively isolated spot (as of yet) and stabs his oversized fork into the ground.

Rounds 5-9
Joshua > Scans battle field, watching others enter, anticipates the coming fight, considers ally's positions >< Repeat

He stands silently, arms folded across his chest, waiting for the next multiples of seconds.

Round 10
Joshua > Picks up Trident > Stray hand adjusts any uncomfort in chain tunic

Finally he snatches up his trident and with great anticipation waits for the signal to occur any second now.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 04:19:26.

Aardvark
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 6/6
153 Posts


Whoo! Fifth!

1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds- move to A10
4th round- draw longbow
5th round- Look more competent then the other teams.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 04:25:56.
Edited on 2008-02-12 at 04:26:14 by Aardvark

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


A wandering archer

Round 1
Seya > Move to O14

Seya runs cheerily to O14, noting with a vague interest the position of the others there.

Round 2
Seya > Move to O20 > Draw Longbow

Seya continues to her destination, a point fairly far away from anyone else. She takes the bow from over her shoulder and looks at it with her trained eye, making sure it is battle-ready.

Round 3
Seya > Check environmental conditions

Seya draws her bow without an arrow, imagining one of the wooden targets she has practiced on for many years in her home city hovering over the water. She notes the sun's angle, as well as any wind in the area.

Round 4-9
Seya > Sets her bow down > Goes through some tumbling while watching others enter or move with little interest > Picks up her bow

Seya carefully sets her bow on the ground, then stretches her arms and legs past the point of flexibility that is common. With several flips and other gymnastic routines, she warms up her body for the fight that is to occur. While doing so, her eyes sometimes wander, letting her view others as they enter or otherwise move throughout the arena. Finally finished, she picks up her bow.

Round 10
Seya > Readjusts aim from now ready muscles

With her body now conditioned, she redraws her bow, still without an arrow, towards the same imaginary target. Noting the differences from being warmed up, she mentally adjusts, then eases on the string gently, so as not to dry-fire the bow. She draws an arrow from her quiver, and waits.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 04:54:20.

Laurelestra
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/0
35 Posts


PreFight Moves

Round 1 - 3
Myra > Kraken > Moves to N20 (Next To Seya)
Gives Seya a Thumbs Up to Seya

Round 4
Myra > Kraken > Casts Bless On Her Party (TRSG should be over here by this point in his post)
Myra says a prayer to Pelor Almighty Pelor, grant our team your wisdom and power to overcome every obstacle in our path
Round 5
Myra > Kraken > Casts Guidance On Trident (Giving +1 Competency To Be Used Sometime)
Round 6
Myra > Kraken > Casts Guidance On Seya (Giving +1 Competency To Be Used Sometime)
Round 7
Myra > Kraken > Casts Spell Virtue On Trident (+1 HP)
Round 8
Myra > Kraken > Reads Scroll on Self, Her body glowing in a field of multicolored hues.
Round 9
Myra > Kraken > Reads Scroll of Shield of Faith +2 on Trident
Round 10
Myra > Kraken > Reads Scroll of Magic Weapon +1 on Trident
Takes out Crossbow



Posted on 2008-02-12 at 14:45:56.
Edited on 2008-02-13 at 00:24:02 by Laurelestra

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Preparation for the oncoming battle.

Preparation for the oncoming battle
The Trident >Runs to O19 >Readies weapons to attack >Readies weapons to defend himself.

As 'The Trident' runs in he heads towards the western wall of the arena waving his trident above his head and getting the crown excited about the oncoming battle, a seasoned gladiator working the crowd. As he run he yells at the top of his voice
"Victory to team Kraken." and when he reaches his team mates he takes up a position to defend Seya and whispers to her.

He then straightens himself up and prepares for battle.


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 15:13:42.
Edited on 2008-02-13 at 07:23:19 by Loki

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Roscoe and Ruff come on to the scene

Roscoe enters into the battlefield riding his companion Ruff at Z6


ROUND 1
Ruff > Move to S6 > Move to N3

Roscoe > Rides Ruff > Attempts to rally the crowd


IC: Roscoe enters into the arena riding his companion, Ruff. Both are dressed in dark leather armor, and appear feral and fierce.

The two make their way around the arena during the first thirty seconds, deliberately coming close to all the other combatants… smelling them for weakness and fear. As they make their way around the battlefield, Ruff growls and bares his teeth at all he passes by, challenging his enemies to attack.

For his part, Roscoe hoots and howls as Ruff carries him around the arena, making faces and obscene gestures at some of his enemies.

OOC: This behaviour continues until round 5


ROUND 2
Ruff > Moves to I6 > Move to D9

Roscoe > Rides Ruff > Continue to attempt to rally the crowd


ROUND 3
Ruff > Moves to G14 > Move to L17

Roscoe > Rides Ruff > Continue to attempt to rally the crowds


ROUND 4
Ruff > Moves to T17 > Moves to Q20

Roscoe > Rides Ruff > Continues to attempt to rally the crowds


ROUND 5
Roscoe > Dismounts from Ruff > Move to R20 > Bares his teeth at the elf, Seya

Ruff > Bares his teeth at the elf, Seya.


ROUND 6
Roscoe > “Sheaths” club > Growls at the elf, Seya

Ruff > Bares his teeth at the elf, Seya, and growls low


ROUND 7
Roscoe > Cast a spell [Guidance] on self

Ruff > Continues to growl at the elf, Seya


ROUND 8
Roscoe > Casts a spell [Virtue] on self

Ruff > Continues to growl at the elf, Seya


ROUND 9
Roscoe > Casts a spell [Resistance] on self

Ruff > Begins to bark at the elf, Seya


ROUND 10
Roscoe > Readies his shield > Draws a flask from a pouch.

Ruff > Tenses up for battle


IC: Roscoe looks straight into the elf’s eyes.

“Time to die, elf.” He states simply, his accent thick, almost guttural.

Ruff’s muscular body tensed and he readied himself to spring into action.



Posted on 2008-02-12 at 22:29:01.
Edited on 2008-02-12 at 22:30:44 by Ayrn

Glory of Gallifrey
RDI Fixture
Karma: 34/7
596 Posts


Make your peace for soon you die...

Round 1 > Hydra > Moves to L19

Round 2 > Observes team members and opponents

Resting her teeth upon her bottom lip, Riva watches those around her and nods to her fellow team members. Her eyes continue to seek out the faces of those who will fall on her sword, and she wonders what they will look like in a broken heap.

Round 3 > Draws weapon > warm up swings and balance

She draws her weapon and swings in a slow, wide arc, testing her balance and feeling her weight shift to her toes.

Round 4 > Shakes herself out

Like a fistfighter, she shifts her weight from foot to foot, shaking out any lingering apprehension from her limbs.

Rounds 5 - 9 > The littany of the dead

Riva reminds herself of all that has come to pass, of all that has lead her to this moment, this chance to show the world who she really is. Her parents, her family and friends back home, she thinks of them all, and imagines them dead. She goes over, in her mind, all they did to her and steels herself as she goes through the other list, the list of all she has succeeded at since leaving her home.

Round 10 > readies weapon > focusing on her target, Seya

Riva raises her sword and assumes a ready position. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Whe she opens her eyes, Riva's gaze is locked on Seya, and all lightness, all humor drains from the human fighter's expression. instead of beauty and charm is replaced by coldness, and every muscle in her body tenses, ready to spring. The grin that spreads over her lips contains no joy, only a chilling warning.

"Hey, Seya," she calls. "I see you."



Posted on 2008-02-12 at 22:57:41.
Edited on 2008-02-13 at 02:17:58 by Glory of Gallifrey

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Round 3..

Round 3: Azure moves and hands her companions something small and easily concealed in their hands, which they pop into their mouths while she calls out: "Fig's for strength!"

Round 4: Checks her equipment and pets Midnight.

Round5: Midnight Growls and barks at Ruff.

Round 6: Moves and Casts Guidance on Aardvark (Evanin)

Round 7: Moves and Casts Guidance on Jozan1 (Irosent)

Round 8: Casts Guidance on on Azure (Self)

Round 9: Moves back to A8 and draws Longbow

Round 10: Cheers on teammates while praying for support and good fortune.
~Midnight moves to b10 to protect Evanin


Posted on 2008-02-12 at 23:03:20.
Edited on 2008-02-12 at 23:07:51 by Kaelyn

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


2 More

Looks like we are just waiting for 2 more posts and we'll get this party started. By my calculations, Utan and Wyrmsting. Don't get stuck at the gates guys! I expect to begin the battle tomorrow after my first official synopsis .. so .. don't dally! Yeah .. i used it .. dally .. you got a problem with that!?


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 00:50:54.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


OOC: Utan

OOC: Not sure if Utan PMed you, Dev. But, like I said in our comm thread, he PMed me to say his computer crashed. He was writing from a borrowed computer. Not sure if he'll meet the deadline.

I have sadness about it, but oh well... that's how it works in the arena, I guess...


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 02:49:01.

   
Jump to:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.