The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3983 registered users. Our newest member is hangthungsidacampuchia.
Online members: Giddy
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Giddy)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Red Dragon Arena Battlegrounds
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Q&A Page
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Battlemap
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Registration
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Characters Info
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Leaderboard
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Basilisk CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Illithid CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Kraken CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Hydra CommunicationThread
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Jozan1, Kaelyn, Sibelius Eos Owm, Philosopher, Aardvark, Reralae, Loki, Utan the Orange, Laurelestra, Glory of Gallifrey, Wyrmsting
    Messages in The Red Dragon Arena Battlegrounds
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Utan's Move

Round 1 - 10
Tan Shu > Hydra > Moves to T18 > Stands Defensively

Make like statue. (Defend against crashing computer)

Yes, You may hit him
Yes, He gets a bonus for standing defensively
No, I will not make other posts for him except if you are standing next to him I will strike you with one attack
He will go last in intitiative unless we hear from him.

Get your computer fixed mate and we look forward to hearing from you


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 17:36:35.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Wyrmstrings Move

Round 1 - 10
Cadalton > Illithid > Moves to T3 > Stands Defensively

Yes, you may attack him
Yes, he gets the bonus for defence
No, I will not make moves for him except for to withdraw defensively away from you if you stand next to him
He will go last in initiative unless he returns to post.

Come back to us Wyrmsting!


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 17:41:38.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Pre Fight Synopsis

Pre Fight Battlemap is up. See the Battlemap thread

Remember .. My Synopsis Prompt is Name > Health Status > Location >Other Info
If you will .. Put your Team up at the top of your posts somewhere or in your turn prompts so people (like me) don't have to cross reference everything

TEAM HYDRA
Tan Shu > Perfect > T18
Riva > Perfect > L19
Roscoe > Perfect > R20 > Virtue, Guidance, Resistance
Ruff > Perfect > Q20

TEAM ILLITHID
Cadalton > Perfect > T3 > Defensive per my post
Freekin > Perfect > K8
Joshua > Pefect > S4

TEAM BASILISK
Azure > Perfect > A8 > Guidance
Midnight > Perfect > A9
Irosent > Perfect > B7 > Guidance
Evanin > Perfect > A10 > Guidance

TEAM KRAKEN
Trident > Perfect > O19 > Virtue, Guidance, Shield of Faith, Bless, Defensive
Seya > Perfect > 020 > Bless
Myra > Perfect > N20 > Multicolored Aura, Bless

Good Luck!
Round 1 Posts may now begin!
You do not have to post your roll or dmg .. you may PM that to me if you wish to keep it a secret. You may also keep your spells a secret as well if you just describe what the others see.


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 17:48:38.
Edited on 2008-02-13 at 20:30:55 by Devalero

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Best

Round 1
The Trident (Team Kraken) > Move to Q19 > Attacks Ruff With Trident.

As The Trident sees, or rather hears, the threat to Seya he turns and moves to face Ruff in combat.


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 18:58:42.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 17:35:27 by Loki

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Round 1

Team Basilisk: > Azure Skye>

The Druid looked around the battlefield, her chestnut hair swaying softly in the slight breeze. She watched as a warrior wielding a trident moved to face an opponent. Seeing only a single adversary within any relative proximity, she calmly nocked an arrow and let it fly.

Azure Skye -Attacking Freeking in K8
Results PM'ed to Arena Master (Devalero)

Watching the Arrow sail she instructs Midnight to guard in front of Elandin, moving with her and attack anything that would try and enter melee with her.


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 21:57:48.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 03:06:49 by Kaelyn

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
497 Posts


My Turn

Freekin > Illithid > Moves to B9 (folowing path, k8,j9,i9,h9,g9,f9,e9,d9,c9,b9)> attacks Azure Sky

The little fury screams forward towards his enemy, raising the hammer side of his weapon high above his head. "I'll KILL YOU!"


Posted on 2008-02-13 at 22:47:59.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 13:47:18 by Philosopher

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Kraken's Archer

To clear any confusion, that was likely Roscoe that Trident attacked...

Round 1
Seya > Step to O19 > Fires at Riva

Breathing deeply to calm her tensed nerves, Seya quickly steps to get a better view of her target. She nocks a purple fletched arrow to her bow. Remembering all those wooden targets she shot long ago, she adjusts her aim accordingly. Seya then murmurs in Riva's direction, "Lle delotha amin?" With that, she lets the arrow fly.

(PM'ing results)


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 00:15:05.
Edited on 2008-02-23 at 02:59:18 by Reralae

Glory of Gallifrey
RDI Fixture
Karma: 34/7
596 Posts


With the hopes of shedding blood

ROUND 1

Riva > HYDRA > Moves to 018 > Attacks Seya

Blood pounds in her ears, rushes through her veins, flooding her senses with an insatiable hunger. With the grin still fixed on her face, Riva rushes forward, sword still raised over her right shoulder, and focuses her will and rage into her arm. She swings, and in her mind she can already see the weapon cutting deep...


(edited to reflect me NOT now occupying an occupied space)


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 01:27:02.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 06:23:10 by Glory of Gallifrey

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Team Basilisk: > Irosent>

Thuv watched as the little gnomish thing charged his ally, and was fired at with an arrow. Quickly he moved forward to D10, and switched to his crossbow, dropping his flail at his feet, and took aim at the one called Riva. He tried to aim his shaky arm, the woman already swinging high at someone. He squinted, and fired.


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 02:12:49.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 02:44:31 by Jozan1

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Now that's a Water trap

Joshua > Illithid > Moves to N6 > Total Defense

Joshua glances at Wyrmsting and decideds that his relatively remote location should keep him safe for long enough for him to escape if need be.

He grips his trident and jogs ahead, lingering for a moment in the shelter that the pond produces against those of the melee below who may think to attack him. With that in mind, he watches for the painful sting of arrows while he lingers though, for those do not stop at a simple terrain barrier. (+4 Dodge to AC + don't get to AoO for the next round) To save you from looking it up.


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 04:14:38.

Aardvark
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 6/6
153 Posts


Shish cabobing time.

Evanin > Attacks Riva

Evanin spins the arrow as he loads it into his bow. He closes his left eye as he lines the arrow up with Riva and sending it whistling towards her.


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 04:44:48.

Laurelestra
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/0
35 Posts


An Arrow Launched

Myra turns her focus to roscoe and fires an arrow from her crossbow. She hopes to avoid a flanking situation that may be quickly upon her. After doing so she takes a five foot step to the west

Myra > Kraken > Loads Crossbow; Fires Arrow At Roscoe > Moves 5ft to M20


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 13:06:50.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 13:08:09 by Laurelestra

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Roscoe and Ruff attack


HYDRA: Ruff > Attacks "the Trident"

HYDRA: Roscoe > Throws flask at Myra > draw another flask from pouch

Ruff readies himself to spring at the elf, when the human male moves to stand in between them. Ruff does not hesitate to attack the Trident, his razor sharp teeth looking to dig into the man's soft flesh.

Roscoe switches his focus too, and takes aim at Myra, trading blows with her. The flask leaves his hand, flying end over end, seeking out its target.


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 16:13:36.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Utan & Wyrmsting

Tan Shu > Stands Defensively

Cadalton > Stands Defensively



Posted on 2008-02-14 at 17:37:59.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Round 1 Synopsis

New Battlemap Posted

< 10 = DEAD
< 0 = UNCONSCIOUS
< 10% HP = CRITICAL
< 50% HP = HURT
< 75% HP = WOUNDED
< 100 % HP = SCRATCHED
100% = PERFECT

Round 1 Synopsis
TEAM HYDRA
Tan Shu > Perfect > T18
Riva > Unconscious > O18
Roscoe > Perfect > R20 > Virtue, Guidance, Resistance
Ruff > Scratched > Q20

TEAM ILLITHID
Cadalton > Perfect > T3 > Defensive per my post
Freekin > Unconscious > K8
Joshua > Perfect > N6

TEAM BASILISK
Azure > Perfect > A8 > Guidance
Midnight > Perfect > A9
Irosent > Perfect > D10 > Guidance
Evanin > Perfect > A10 > Guidance

TEAM KRAKEN
Trident > Perfect > P20 > Virtue, Guidance, Shield of Faith, Bless
Seya > Unconscious > 019 > Bless
Myra > Perfect > N20 > Multicolored Aura, Bless

Round 1 - Play By Play
Trident > Attacks Ruff and does a little damage
Azure > Fires a perfect arrow at Freeking dealing massive damage toppling him to the ground as he charges
Freekin > Moves to attack Azure screaming but Azures arrow deals massive damage to him as he arrives sending him toppling to the ground unconscious before he can even make it five feet
Seya > Fires a shot at Riva which nails her for heavy damage nearly knocking her unconscious
Riva > Clutching to life by a thread, attacks Seya in response cutting her so deeply she falls over unconscious
Irosent > Fired at Riva as she falls impaling her with an additional arrow, bringer her closer to the brink of death
Joshua > Looking around, moves in the arena and stands ready for any attack
Evanin > Wanting to finish off Riva, fires another arrow at the already wounded target. Almost completely dead, Riva's lifeblood begins to fade. As she shoots, an opponent directly next to her attacks her taking advantage of opportunity. This blow causes significant damage.
Myra > Shooting a wild arrow from her crossbow, misses her target completely.
Ruff > Attacks the man with the Trident but it's teeth fall short of the target. Even a second attack taken at an opportune time, misses.
Roscoe > Throwing a flask of oil at Myra, the cleric, a multicolored shield deflects the bottle as it comes close to hitting her. The flask bounces of the shield and into the crowd where it explodes causing a screaming frenzy.
Tan Shu > Stands like wall
Cadalton > Looks around not sure what to do

OK .. I think I got all the bugs. I tried to read everyones posts very carefully and through the PMs several times. Please continue to let me know as you find any errors and I will do my best to correct them as soon as possible. Don't forget .. if you are only unconscious .. you may roll to stabilize. We will call rolling a 10 on a d10 a successful stabilization. Also, those of you with friends who heal may regain consciousness.

ROUND 2 BEGINS! Good Luck!


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 17:38:45.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 21:16:07 by Devalero

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.