The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3984 registered users. Our newest member is tratxem015.
Online members: t_catt11, Grugg, Nomad D2
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Nomad D2)Flesh & Blood Game
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by Nomad D2)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by SilentOne)Paranoia: C Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by breebles)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Red Dragon Arena Battlegrounds
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Q&A Page
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Battlemap
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Registration
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Characters Info
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Leaderboard
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Basilisk CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Illithid CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Kraken CommunicationThread
Related thread: Red Dragon Arena Team Hydra CommunicationThread
GM for this game: Devalero
Players for this game: Jozan1, Kaelyn, Sibelius Eos Owm, Philosopher, Aardvark, Reralae, Loki, Utan the Orange, Laurelestra, Glory of Gallifrey, Wyrmsting
    Messages in The Red Dragon Arena Battlegrounds
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Round 2

Azure takes a look at the handiwork of Freekin's crumpled body before her. She gives him a bow of resect as she knocks another arrow. "Midnight, feed on the fallen's face;" Azure directed as Midnight bounded off towards Freekin, and with a lick of his razor teeth he began to chew on the fallen gnome sized kibble.

Team Basilisk> Midnight Attacking Helpless Defender Freekin (-4 AC penalty, 0 Dex Score Effective Dex Mod -5 phb g 153)

Team Basilisk> Azure Skye Attacking Joshua in N6

Azure meanwhile had a new target in mind and she set her sights on Joshua. She lined up her shot, and watched it sail across the battlefield towards its target.



Posted on 2008-02-14 at 21:14:38.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 21:16:49 by Kaelyn

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Team Basilisk: > Irosent>

Thuv watched his bolt strike home, and sighed. He loaded in another bolt, and cocked it back. Now more confident, he spotted Joshua, standing in a readied stance across from him. He raised his crossbow level and fired a bolt straight for the man called Joshua.


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 21:15:28.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Round 2

Round 2
The Trident (Team Kraken) > Attacks Ruff.
Having anouther stab at Ruff, that dog will die!


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 22:45:45.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


thinks...

He must have been peed on by puppies one t0o many times


Posted on 2008-02-14 at 22:55:58.
Edited on 2008-02-14 at 22:56:12 by Kaelyn

Laurelestra
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/0
35 Posts


A Friend In Need

Myra > Kraken > Steps to her fallen archer teammate > Casts a healing spell to offer Pelor's mighty healing hand to her friend.


Posted on 2008-02-15 at 01:50:58.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Shaken, but up and at it

Round 2
Seya > Kraken > Stands up > Steps to P18 > Shoots at Roscoe

Seya gets up slowly, the events that lead to her fall flow through her mind, blurry and faded. She looks over to Myra with a warm smile, "Thank you." She then quickly gets up, grabbing her fallen bow in the process. Stepping slightly, she moves to get a better view of her next target, taking care to avoid looking at the person who felled her, even if Riva was unconscious. Her arm still shaking, she draws her bow, nocking a purple fletched arrow in the process. She admonishes her still-tensed nerves, steadying her aim. Now calm, she releases the arrow. She immediately then tenses in the case of retaliation.


Posted on 2008-02-15 at 02:13:32.
Edited on 2008-02-15 at 04:09:57 by Reralae

Aardvark
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 6/6
153 Posts


Round Two!

Evanin > Attacks The Trident

Having dropped his last target Evanin moves his sights onto the Trident. Pulling back his bowstring he says to Azure, "Watch a real shot." He releases his arrow and lets it soar towards his next victim.


Posted on 2008-02-15 at 02:47:33.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


ooh, already in pain here.

For clarification purposes, Midnight probably moved to J9 (wolves having 50ft move could do this in a single action) before attacking my fallen friend. My actions are made assuming the animal companion is there, though if you have another location in mind to attack from, I'll change my own movements to accomodate (assuming Total Defense saves me from the archer that killed the gnome)

Joshua > Illithid > -End Total Defense- > Move to K9 > Attacks Midnight of Basilisk Team

Joshua looks on as the sturdy, confident Gnome receives an arrow through his tiny body. He finds himeself actively dodging another set of projectiles as he makes his way closer to the body, then to top it off, the wolf had approached for some supper. Whether to rescue the probably dead Gnome, or to ensure fewer enemies, he runs up and takes his trident in both hands over his head, throwing some of his weight behind the descending pain.
(PMing nice attack rolls and pretty good damage in a moment)


Posted on 2008-02-15 at 04:05:29.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


OOC: a couple of questions...


OOC: Sorry... a couple of questions regarding the current situation.

1) What space did Myra move to in order to heal Seya? What are the coordinates?

2) Isn't getting up from the prone position a "move action"? Can Seya actually get up, move some spaces and then attack? Or can she only get up and attack, or get up and move?

Sorry... it determines where I place my next attacks.

Thanks!

Ayrn


Posted on 2008-02-15 at 17:26:46.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Clarifications

Myra moved to N19
Seya can stand and shoot from the square she is in .. a move action (standing up) and a standard action firing bow

Seya cannot move and fire since she has to stand up.

Since Riva is unconscious atm .. the standing will not provoke and AoO but normally would.


Posted on 2008-02-15 at 22:00:55.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Team Hydra -- Round 2

ROUND #2
HYDRA: Ruff > Attacks "Trident"

HYDRA: Roscoe > Throws flask at Seya

Ruff snarls at the human, the pain of the man's trident still stinging. He tenses up again and lunges at the man, looking to get past his defenses and sink his teeth deep in the man's flesh.

Roscoe, frustrated that his last attack missed his intended target, looks for a new place to throw his flask of death. He finds it in Seya and launches it straight at the archer.




Posted on 2008-02-15 at 22:34:10.

Glory of Gallifrey
RDI Fixture
Karma: 34/7
596 Posts


round 2

ROUND 2

Riva > HYDRA > ...

As the battle rages on, Riva lies unconscious in a pool of her own blood. She twitches once, in defiance, yet teeters on the razor edge between life and death.




Posted on 2008-02-16 at 16:25:31.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


The Unsual Suspects

Tan Shu > Looks around suspiciously > Standing Defensively
The Sole Sorcerer > Smiles, Thinking of Daisies
> Snaps out of it and stands devensively


Posted on 2008-02-16 at 21:54:31.

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


Round 2 Synopsis

Round 2 Synopsis Here
Coming Soon!
< 10 = DEAD
< 0 = UNCONSCIOUS
< 10% HP = CRITICAL
< 50% HP = HURT
< 75% HP = WOUNDED
< 100 % HP = SCRATCHED
100% = PERFECT

Round 1 Synopsis
TEAM HYDRA
Tan Shu > Perfect > T18
Riva > Unconscious > O18
Roscoe > Hurt > R20 > Virtue, Guidance, Resistance
Ruff > Hurt > Q20

TEAM ILLITHID
Cadalton > Perfect > T3 > Defensive per my post
Freekin > Unconscious > K8
Joshua > Unconscious > N6

TEAM BASILISK
Azure > Perfect > A8 > Guidance
Midnight > Perfect > J9
Irosent > Perfect > D10 > Guidance
Evanin > Perfect > A10 > Guidance

TEAM KRAKEN
Trident > Wounded > P20 > Virtue, Guidance, Shield of Faith, Bless
Seya > Unconscious > P18 > Bless
Myra > Scratched > N19 > Multicolored Aura, Bless

Round 2 - Play By Play
Midnight > Moving to J9 > Licks Freekin's Face and then bites it dealing some damage to the unconscious gnome
Azure > Launches an arrow at Joshua just barely getting past his defenses and dealing moderate damage
Irosent > Loads crossbow and fires a missile at Joshua hitting him for critical damage and knocking him unconscious to the ground
Trident > Stabs ruff with his trident dealing moderate damage
Myra > Steps over and heals her fallen archer friend for moderate healing
Seya > Takes a shot at roscoe dealing heavy damage
Evanan > Shoots at the Trident hitting a critical spot but not dealing heavy damage.
Joshua > Thinka about attacking Midnight but lies on the ground unconscious and dreams about it instead
Ruff > Barely through the Trident's defenses but manages a heavy bite
Roscoe > Hurls a second flask at Seya this time. The fiery liquid igniting on impact and coating her body. She is on fire. Some fire splashes up on Myra doing minimal damage
Seya > Slips back into unconsciousness as she burns on the ground
Riva > Stabilizes on the ground although severely damaged from the battle so far
Tan Shu > Stands like wall
Cadalton > Looks around not sure what to do

Send me any corrections until 2:30 EST .. Then we will begin posting Round 3 (Sorry this was so late .. RL got in the way)


Posted on 2008-02-16 at 21:55:28.
Edited on 2008-02-20 at 14:48:19 by Devalero

Devalero
Resident
Karma: 50/6
370 Posts


New Round Posting

Round 2 is up ..
I'm going to skip the battlemap because few people moved. Just note who did in the writeup

Let me know if you see any errors. And congrats Aardvark, when I rolled for you I got a natural 20 against TRSG Unconfirmed though .. thems the breaks

We will begin round 3 postings at 2:30 EST if there aren't any major edits


Posted on 2008-02-20 at 14:51:26.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.