The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is adatsm60.
Online members: Chessicfayth
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Chessicfayth)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by SilentOne)Destiny Flight - QnA
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


68

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

missle attack
Posted on 6/21/2005 at 12:47:47 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulthok surprised when two of the Orcs he targeted with his magic missles kneel over dead, but plesently surprised, he continues to keep moving away from the others to give them room and finds that three of the Orcs follow and attack him.He nimbly ducks and side steps two of them but not the third and he feels the pain and sees his own blood from his arm.

Since he had good success with his first missle attack he will continue with the same.This time he will however concentrate upon the three advancing Orcs who are attacking him.Working from left to right he launches five missles once again in this order one, two, two.After firing off his magic Ulthok again will continue moving with his back to the wall, moving to his right he is trying to circle around so he will end up at the door the orcs entered through.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Dis-arming
Posted on 6/23/2005 at 3:57:40 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She was quite surprised when her sword actually did some damage. Without hesitation she quickly removed her sword and threw up her hood. Causing her to disappear. She ducked and slowly wobbled away. So if he turned around widely he wouldn’t hit her but trip over her. (Assuming he doesn’t turn and trip over her, the following will happen. )

She Slowly at a safe distance away regains her feet and watches him, waiting for the right moment to strike. She figures these creatures are going to be quite hard to kill, as demonstrated. So the next best thing would be to be disable them, so they can’t do much harm. She will slowly approaches as not to be seen, then when she has the moment right she will strike. She will bring her sword down hard and strong right on the inside of his elbow on his weapon arm. Even if she doesn’t slice threw it she hopes to cause it to shatter the bones renderings it of no more use to him. As soon as this quick movement is done, she again drops to her knees but this time sets up for hi, hoping that out of shock to stumble backwards and fall over her.

Again as she waits she is almost invisible for no movements are being taken...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

i too can hit twice
Posted on 6/23/2005 at 1:11:55 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Tavash Dah, Sergeant of the Sssrukk Vong. I am a follower of a false god? You speak of something that is beyond your thought and only little wit can excuse you. For you see Odin is very great and very busy so he has sent I, Conall Glendower of the house Glendower to show you the error of your ways.” Conall steadies himself and makes ready for his two strikes.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Nice Move!
Posted on 6/27/2005 at 2:22:54 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As he continues to press his missle attacks on the Orcs which are advancing on him, Ulthok is pleasantly surprised as the other theif with them, Flit, catches the Orcs by surprise by doing exactly what they figured he would not,he charges forward and attacks and in doing so scores a hit one one of the orcs.Another good thing to come from Flit's actions is that he now finds himself behind the Orcs sort of cutting off their route of escape to warn others.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Attack
Posted on 6/27/2005 at 9:01:31 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As me gnomish friend charged the rear of the group, I shall press forward in rhythmical passion (with a gleeful smile on my face and humming a joyful tune) through the orc slaying each in my path as my righteous mace shatter their bone and my trust Morningstar pierce there soul, until all lay at my feet.(one attack on each orc in front of me.) As only time will tell if i can advance i shall stat that my obvious enjoyment of this battle hopefully will encourge/enrage the other orc to concentate on me allow the other to do their work more efficiently as their back are turn away from them.

(Ooc: "His Armor true no hit was struck upon him" what armor held true? It all natural skill with some blessful enchantment, he he.



Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:20:22.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


Some Heads are gonna Roll

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
Posted on 6/28/2005 at 6:33:52 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two parties one of 3, one of 5. Both in combat, both unable to aid the other. Evil very much on the prowl....

CELL ROOM

Dru having saved the dwarf was not stupid enough to think she had been anything other then lucky with her hit to the creatures chest.
A swift move of her hand, the hood of her cape raised she at once disappeared or so it seemed to the creature. A slow and steady move she made and behind it she did find herself ready to act next rd....

Cor was surprised to feel no steel in his back as Dru appeared and nicely speared the creature full through its chest.
Using its time of shock to quickly climb to his feet he at once aimed both hammer strikes to its knee. With it stunned and not yet moving his hits were on target.
The sound of broken bone being grinded to paste the Dwarf did hear.
But even as the creatures leg did finally give out its sword did strike hitting the Dwarf cleanly in his hip blood and pain did the Dwarf feel flowing.
A Dwarf yet on his feet, a Sssrukk Vong on its back yet alive. Tables turned....

Conall being of the status of Paladin and a good one in that, gave into his nature to talk to his enemy while in battle.
As the words from his mouth did flow the creature attacked, its battle axe a blur of movement.
A hit to his chest close to his wounded shoulder caused pain and the loss of yet more blood.
A 2nd hit to his head caused a near blackout for the Paladin.
But his head hard the Paladin gave as good as he got two hits scored upon the creatures body one a critical for sure.
His shoulder and chest wounds so very close together, his arm now totally numb, a shield did fall to the floor to rest beside the body of a dead Sssrukk Vong....

Alasdair totally focused on this fight saw none of the battle around him his sword and shield ready before him.
The creature and Cavalier as if of one mind moved in tandem and 4 great clashes of steel were heard ringing off the walls.
The aftermath revealed...
A Cavalier with his right arm hanging by muscle alone ,no weapon did he now hold.
A Sssrukk Vong lying dead on the floor its head decapitated clean.
Alasdair on the verge of passing out....

CRISPY CRITTER ROOM

Ulthok happy as a Halfling thief upon finding a dragons horde of gold, again fired Magic Missiles at his now only 3 foes.
And as they had before all hit true and 3 Orcs there were no more, dead they lay at his feet.
A Halfling thief who could now proudly call himself a "Ulthok Orc Slayer."....

Af’til seeing his spell a waste stood ready as the two Orcs charged. The Elf easily attacking both Orcs as one.
His Mace true one Orc wounded and dying, One dead the result. A small hit upon his leg took.

It was now up to Flit to finish the last of the nine.

Flit being that of a masterly thief (in his own mind anyway) and finding himself behind his foes hesitated not.
Two back stab attacks made.
With much overkill both Orcs did he kill as with Ulthok a warrior true born was he....

The battle for one party at an end, for the second 1 enemy remaining. Two party members now in need of generous healing, one’s arm about to fall off ,the others arm useless.
A party member in the hall in dire need of more then just healing slowly slipping away.

A rhythmic pounding in all party members ears. Tis the sound of the clocking ticking....

(OOC: Ok everyone battle for all intents is over it. Seems Mottle’s change of avatar has hexed my dice for both Kyle and Alasdair scored 3 20’s between the two of them and I only got the one on Alasdair. How am I supposed to kill you Guys and Ladies if ya keep fragging my dice.

Ok next Post Monday till then "May the force be with you" wait wrong game that Grey's "hi ho Silver" wait T.V Show.
Oh ok got it now "May you feast in the Halls of Odin" see ya all Monday.

And for you who do not read the Q/A a lot Alasdair’s Dad is in Hospital so if you pray please send one his way thank you.)


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:26:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


69

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

A Nice Quick End.
Posted on 6/28/2005 at 12:59:22 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding that his second missle attack vanquished all three of the advancing Orcs Ulthok looksaround to see who may need help, and he finds none.All nine orcs lie dead on the floor.Even though he had just finished admonishing himself for straggling because he was searching bodies he holds true to form and quickly checks the now nine dead orcs.


Great job my trusted friends looks like our lagging behind may of been a blessing so now these nine may not approach us from behind.I suggest now however we make good haste to reunite with our companions down below.


Even though he has been hit he pays no heed and quickly leads the way as he decends the stairs and starts to follow the halls to where his friends are now.As they hurry along he speaks with the gnome Flit.



My good fellow your actions back there were grand, you simply caught the nastys by surprise.They never thought you would advance and attack, being cowards themselves they figured you would back away.HAH! you showed those cowardly beasts good job it is a pleasure to fight at your side.


With that said Ulthok continues to hurry with his two companions to catch up with the rest of their group.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Blur of movement and then all was still
Posted on 6/29/2005 at 1:39:08 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall spoke as a blur of movement rushed past him and pain was felt in his chest, it was at that moment all seemed to slow for him and seconds turned to minutes. He could see the second swing of the axe fall just short of its intended target, himself. Conall took this time to strike his first strike upon the creature. It was a solid hit but nothing that would cause death.

It was then he started feeling his shield slipping away and Conall, being able to do not about it. His mind now racing and his body moving as if with out thought he continued around and lunged with his sword. That is when everything stopped…

Under the extend arm of Tavash Dah, Sergeant of the Ssrukk Vong. The sword of Conall was about half hidden. “The heart Tavash Dah. A quick and merciful death in the end is all I have to give you. Now die well and go to your false god. I am sure he has torment and pain to give you.”

The silence was broken by the voice of Cor. “The shield grow tarnished in battle and one must look good when doing anything Cor and I feared that in its tarnished condition it would not look right.” a quick smile in the direction of Cor and to Alasdair’s side Conall moved to give aid as he could, Cure Moderate Wounds was cast upon the shoulder of Alasdair, “That should give you the use of your arm back but I fear the pain will linger some. But such is the price we must pay. Those who do the job we do. Come take a drink of my wine and let us enjoy victory while brother Cor sees to the enemy. I fear his bed side manner will be less than pretty.”

As he hands his wine skin to Alasdair he speaks to Cor, “Brother in my haste to tend to Lord Alasdair I have left my shield. When you are done seeing to the fallen could you bring it. I may not be able to use it but I could have one lash it to my back before we go.”

“Come Alasdair my friend let us see who it was we saved from the torment of these Ssrukk Vong. I believe to the hall the bundle was taken. For in the heat of battle I was unable to see who or what it was.”

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

within the dark
Posted on 7/3/2005 at 1:25:58 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deep inside herself, Haila sat huddled in the dark. There was a sound like the rushing of wings and the clicking of claws. She wiggled deeper into the shadows, praying.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Finishing
Posted on 7/3/2005 at 5:29:20 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As she watches two fall, she relizes that, for now, its over. She slowly raises to her feet. She speask so everyone in the room can here her "Good Job!" But when people started looking around to see where the voice came from she relized her hood was still up, and she quickly removes it. a look of slight joy and fatigue on her face. "All right thats gather our things, and we need to get moving." she looks around relizing the others had not yet joined them.. She gathres her things adn rushes into the hall where Haila sits. She quickly take her curing staff in hand and goes to work, to save there friend in need...


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:31:26.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


You got another thing Coming

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

You Got Another Thing Coming
Posted on 7/5/2005 at 4:42:57 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two Parties soon to again be as one. The lost member found, yet in a state of dementia. Hurt bloodied and incoherent who would help her now.

IN HER MINDS EYE

Haila was drifting, flying alone, afraid hoping for things that were not there. Figures in the shadows moved yet none were friends or known to her. Why was she here was this to be her new home.?? Was this the Realm of Death or a state of Heaven her mind not really her own continued to wander afar...

CELL ROOM

The Lady Drusilia speaking yet from the concealment of her cloak reveals herself again to all. Knowing her Staff of Curing is greatly needed by Haila she at once moves into the corridor to aid the Fighter/Mage.

Her response quick and determined she gains Haila’s side easy the spells of healing released, the Staff aglow.
Yet though the wounds are healed, broken bones yet mended, still the reunited party member remains lost deep inside her self her mind a million or more miles away....

Cor now in a position of seeming authority began to question the Sssrukk Vong before him. Any answer the Dwarf may have hoped for was rendered mute as his mind slightly distracted with his call to Dru. The creature sensing this and using its good arm along with its back muscles, sword yet in hand it attacked.

A quick double slash of its sword and the Dwarf gained a deep cut upon his leg and a second gash to his chest. The Sssrukk Vong unable with its damaged knees to recover after its lunge slammed face first into the floor. Yet still full of fight but clearly getting weaker from loss of blood it still tried to face Cor. Its back as yet to the Dwarf.
Next move if quick to the Dwarf War Cleric....

Conall his arm numb yet not himself in any way immobilized by it moved quickly to Alasdair’s side, a Cure Moderate wounds he then cast. Though the Cavalier was still weak his arm no longer hung by muscle alone.

The Paladin handed the Cavalier his wine skin and told him to drink. Then calling to the Dwarf Cor in a sense of friendly humor to gather his shield, saw that combat indeed had yet to end as the wounded Vong again attacked Cor hitting the Dwarf two sharp blows.

The Paladin not close enough to help in melee this rd other then with a weapon thrown....

Alasdair having received the healing of the Paladin Conall too saw the attack against the Dwarf Cor but being as Conall was, too far to help instead tried to scream out a warning.

Knowing to move to the Dwarf's aid was possible the next round the Cavalier made a hard choice and turned instead to help Haila outside of the room. He moved quickly leaving Conall to help the Dwarf and found himself at once in the hallway.

Haila having received the spells of curing from Dru’s staff looked better and herself in body, yet in her mind healing was far from over.
The Cavalier knew what was needed kneeling quickly his hands cupping her face and temple used his psionic power of Psychic Healing.

Deep he delved, a road he opened, a mind he healed. Yet as he withdrew he knew it was now up to Haila to follow the road back that Alasdair had built. Would she be able to do so....


CRISPY CRITTER ROOM

Ulthok seeing all Orcs now dead with the others close behind moved quickly to catch up to the other party members.

Along the way he offered Flit his admiration for the Gnomes quick thinking in attack. For it had surely been a wise move in this fight.

Finally the 3 made it to the others, a very wounded Haila being tendered to by Hawk and the Lady Dru. The rest of the party yet inside the cell area.
The sound of a possible fight yet in progress....

SOMEWHERE ELSE

Althena had since being here known fear, pain and anger. A sense that she was to die alone with no help forth coming, but that had for the moment changed.

Her spirits hopeful since her touch with the one called Alasdair and the meeting of the Fighter/Mage girl (even as irritating as she was) her mind set to resist the torture of this evil cleric.

The room after more stairs down once again plunged her into despair for there stood the Dark Cleric, but now hovering in the air behind the cleric the face of he who was darker then all and Althena knew then her hours may in reality have become minutes and with this, much pain would she feel....

AN ISLAND OF EVIL

Into a pool of water he gazed his features stark and haggard. Age was truly carved in the whole of his body.

Yet haggard and appearing old still power radiated from him in dark waves, a force surrounding him as if a living thing. He watched as the last of the Valar line was brought into the room her mood of defiance turning to despair as she looked upon his face.

Yes she knew of him as he knew of her for they were the last of a race. Oh how he would enjoy watching her as his minion painfully gained that which he sought. Yes what fun....

(OOC: Ok gang here be the post...

On this the 4th of July let us not forget the men who even now are dying to keep this country free. To Mottle and Everyone there with you in Iraq and in Afganistan, Happy Independence Day. Come home to us safe.)


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:36:35.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


70

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

In these dark hall.
Posted on 7/6/2005 at 2:44:55 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tis nothing as it seems in these dark halls?

Seeing what he thought was a defeated adversary lying dormant, turned to give aid to Alasdair. As Conall and Cor exchanged banter, such is the way of these two. He saw a blur of movement and heard Alasdair give out a call of warning to Cor.

Conall still having the use of one good arm and the use of two good legs sprang to his feet, only to see Alasdair move to the hall. To the hall where the bulk of the party was gathered around the bundle they had just saved.

Conall knew his skill at healing was small compared to most but Alasdair had even less if none at all, what could he possibly do out there that those who were already gathered around do?

Conall had no problem staying to help Brother Cor, quite the contrary he rather looked forward to it. But to see Alasdair remove himself from a battle that was not yet at an end. To see one such as Alasdair, who until now was brave and true run, instead of staying in a place where his sword could triumph over such a strong foe. Did the blow to his arm put the Cavalier at a point where battle and victory meant naught? Did Alasdair loss all since of life after the near loss of his arm? If so then he may have kept both arms but has loss something much more important…

Conall now in full rush to get to the aid of Cor, realized it would in all probability be over before he got there. Nonetheless Conall readied his weapon to use the side of it so as to subdue the creature

~Jinxsa
Newbie
Posts: 1
Reply | Edit

she's bbbaaaaaccckkk
Posted on 7/9/2005 at 10:32:08 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She lay on the ground her mind toiling in slow motion. She wasn't hurting anymore. She wasn't in the dark any longer. She wasn't alone. Haila it seemed was dead. She shifted slightly and a rock dug into her backside. Maybe she wasn't dead. Sitting up she saw Alisdair leaning over her and suddenly a 20 pound furry weight crashed into her chest. Niamedris! He smelled like burnt hair. The odor of cat breath soon overwhelmed Haila as her familiar leaned in two lamp like eyes boring holes into her. "Never do that again."

Dispite his overgrown size and weight the mage struggles to her feet. Still disoriented she tries to piece together what has happened to her and the dangers that surround her immediately.

OCC sorry about the late post but i wanted to make tann have a heart attack! ;>

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Healing and Battle's End
Posted on 7/11/2005 at 2:15:26 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Readily accepting the offered wineskin from Conall, "Me thanks for both thy nectar and they healing, both were sorely needed," jokes Alasdair. Then to Lady Haila he focused, his mind deeply probing for the damage done to her psyche. Assessing the damages, he sought to use his poweres to mend and heal the damages done, gently blurring a few of the more painful memories of her captivity. For now, this would be best, if needed her could remove those blocks later, but judged that she would be better off without a few of those demons to haunt her mind and dreams.

Pulling back from her mind her watched and mentally guiding Haila back from the abyss, that was the darkness she had been in. Looking up from his handy work, he was pleased to see her eyes flutter open as she offered a weak smile and a grimace. Alasdair then moves away to give her the privacy to reunite with her dear Niamedris and to assess what else is transpiring in the halls around them. Thankful that he was able to use his psionics to heal, he picked up his sword ready to meet any foes that come his party's direction.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

One found one to go!
Posted on 7/11/2005 at 2:46:42 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally catching up with the rest of their group Ulthok finds they have rescued Halia.She is lying on the floor of the hallway outside of a open door.She is in good hands.As he enters the room he sees one of the creatures they had seen earlier and Cor involved in a tussle but it seemed Cor had gotten the upper hand(excuse the pun)as he brings his hammer down and crushes the creatures hand.Two other of the same lie dead in the room and both Conall and Alisdair standing to one side look hagared.

Since it seems that all is under control in the room he deceides he should report to the Lady Dru what had occurred upstairs.Moving back to her side in the hall he makes his report.My Lady I am sorry we are late getting here to be of any help however as we where leaving the room upstairs we encountered what looked like another search party most likely looking for us.Myself, Af'till and Flit ran into nine Orcs who whould of come up behind us however they shall not bother us for they have joined the others we encountered in that room in hell.It does seem that our enemies are expanding their search for us it seems that these halls may soon be crawling with creatures.I would suggest we not stay in one place to long, and we move with both front and rear guards.
Once finished reporting to Dru he goes back into the room where Cor is playing with the strange creature.Going over to Conall he asks him about the strange creatures that they fought to rescue Haila.My good man have we found out any more about these new creatures we face?Also this place is crawling with search parties we caught a group comming up behind us from the room upstairs that we had just left.We need to be as aleart as we ever have been.Speaking of being aleart Ulthok deceides to scout the room they are in.First he looks around to see if there are any doors and how many.He wonders if Halia had been brought in through a door in the room or brought here from down one of the hallways.If they came in through a door that is probally the way the party would want to go.If any doors be found he will take the initive and check for traps around them, and also see if they are locked or not.Depending on how much time he has he will do the following in the order written stopping the moment the order to move out is given by Dru.
1) Check any doors for traps.
2) if there is any thing of interest in the room,ie: desks,chests,ect he will check them for traps open if he can and check any contents.
3) look for any secret doors in the room.
all the time waiting for the group to deceide their next move.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:38:45.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


Cradle of a Minds Eye

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Cradle of A Mind’s Eye
Posted on 7/12/2005 at 6:09:43 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Long day near an end, the sun yet high but soon to fall, a clear blue day soon to become night.
All this to a party unaware of the passing of the day deep below the ground.
But yet one and all knowing time was running out....

Cor mighty Dwarf could not understand how the creature before had managed two hits to his person. But determined for it not to be again as such, his hammer did he swing.

The results were as he had known they would be a Vong unarmed and, unhanded its fingers and palms crushed. The Dwarf his hammer at the ready once again asked his questions and to his wonder was answered.

"Dwarf your not strong enough to defeat the Cleric you face, for Karza stands behind him his power beyond that of this puny band. Go forth to the level below, there you shall find her and your deaths as well".

With that using the only attack left to it, a wad of spit, Cor did feel it as a strike upon his face.
The Vong with knees and hands broken yet still defiant....

Conall was confused yet again, his eyes upon Cor as he was attacked again could not grasp why Alasdair had not tried to help but as ran away.

The Paladin could not believe this of one such as the Cavalier yet it had happened.
In his eyes Alasdair's actions a mystery needing to be solved. With a burst of speed he was quickly at the Dwarf’s side his presence not needed as Cor had dealt with his enemy alone....

Alasdair sensing not the Paladin’s confusion of thought with his move to the hallway, knew where he was bound.
His powers used mayhap for the last time this day and a mind was he felt healed.

Knowing that the only way to regain his full Psi powers was to sleep, did not see the opportunity to be had anytime soon.
For now he would relay on sword and shield....

Ulthok followed by Af’til and Flit finally reunited with the rest of the party proceeded to give a through report to the lady Dru by which time the last Vong had been subdued by Cor.

Moving from beyond Dru’s side into the room a report and words to Conall spoken.
The Halfling thief begin another of his trade mark through searches. But yet as before the plainness of the cell room revealed nothing of interest, a blank slate as such was it....

Haila was somewhere dark, somewhere not of this world, somewhere very far away. Then as if from the dark a voice was heard calling her to it, begging her to come to it. Unable it seemed to her to resist she followed the sounds. A light, a feeling of reality and the smell of fur and she was once again, HOME .

On her chest a very familiar cat not dead as believed but living. A party of friends around her worry about her health clear in all eyes. A tired looking Cavalier rubbing his forehead at the headache slow to appear.

She could feel his mind inside herself and knew it was he that had healed her. She would for that be always grateful.
Yet deep inside felt but not yet known was a dark place awaiting the moment of her return....


A Party now fully whole and ready to move on. Deeper for sure they must travel but as to where and how deep still unknown.
A dwarf seeking answers he may never get, to find one he has never met.
But whose life hangs in the balance of life and death. This party her only hope.

TICK..TOCK..TICK..TOCK..TICK..TOCK..

OOC: Ok next post again on Monday I am at this time activily seeking a new player for Flit and may have found someone already, keep all ya fingers crossed once again....see ya...)



Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:40:52.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


71

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Information...
Posted on 7/13/2005 at 2:43:43 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall arrived at the side of Cor and the enemy laid still, hands and knees broken. Conall stood by with his sword in hand ready for anything as the cleric and the vong exchanged words and spit. Then also as Cor put a quick and merciful end to the beast. Conall then sheathed his sword and walked over to where his shield lay and picked it up with his right hand.

“Ulthok I know not what the beast is we fight. I know they call them selves ‘Sssrukk Vong’ and they move with great speed in battle and their weapons bite deep. If I had skill such as yours I would also look to the fallen ‘Vong’,” Conall spat upon the ground as he said the word. “Perhaps the armor they wear or the weapon they wield may give them such power and skill in battle.” Conalled fumbled with his shield as he continued; “Now my good sir, I have spoken of the enemy inside what of the bundle outside in the hall. Please tell me what or who it is for I have not yet been out to see it yet.” He now turned to face Ulthok as to continue the conversation still fumbling with his shield.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Tired and Weary
Posted on 7/14/2005 at 2:32:41 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knowing that Lady Haila was safe and whole once again, Alasdair moved about the room and nearby halls to verify the relative safety whilst they re-united with the party’s missing member and searched the dead creatures before them. To Conall he calls, “Dost thou still have a wee bit of nectar in thy wineskin?” He leans upon the nearest wall, sword tip upon his boot hands upon the hilt.

“Aye, indeed a weary day with much yet to still be completed. I suggest that we quickly drink what we may have and eat a few morsels to regain our strength and then quickly move on, before we are yet again set upon by the creatures who inhabit these foul halls.”

Thus spoken, he then checks on the others making sure that they indeed were ready for the fight that must surely be to come, before finding lady they all sought.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

I could get used to this.
Posted on 7/14/2005 at 10:06:34 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall placed his shield on the ground and leaned it up against his leg. Removing the wine skin and freely offered to Alasdair, “How goes things my friend? How is that shoulder?” As the wine skin is taken Conall checks Alasdair’s arm. “My skill at healing is naught compared to some of the healers we have here. If we eat or not I would ask that you give Brother Cor a chance to take a gander at that arm. If not for you, do it for me. I healed your arm somewhat and I would hate to have done something wrong that would do you harm in the future.”

Conall receives the wine skin back from Alasdair and before shouldering it he takes a little draw on it himself. Then picks up his shield with his weapon hand with a little more ease than before, “Yes, I think I can travel like this. Now let me take myself out to the hall and see this bundle that almost cost you your arm and everyone seems to be gathered around.” Deep down inside he hopped it was Haila but knew it could be the one they sought for from the beginning. Conall knew Haila could be gone forever. But if that were the case he would return to the evil black halls. Alone if need be and seek revenge on all here for the two sisters that gave their life for the one they sought.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

A return of things
Posted on 7/15/2005 at 1:14:35 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listening as Conall relates what information he has about these new creatures that call themselves Sssrukk Vong.They are formable foes according to Conall both quick and strong, but at least for these three now dead.He then answers Conalls question about who is in the hall.The bundle carried into the hall is our comrade Halia, and from the first looks they had worked her over pretty bad, but thanks to Dru and Alasdiar she is starting to look much better.
Once finished speaking with Conall Ulthok goes about business as usual and searches the three dead Sssrukk Vong for anything at all, he also makes a pile of their weapons and armor for anyone to look at.

OOC: Could you please make a list of what their weapons and armor are for us to see.Thank You.

BIC:Returning once more into the hall where Halia is now looking somewhat better.Ulthok goes to stand himself in front of Halia, he is not quite sure how to begin this next exchange mainly because he is not sure if she knows her sister is dead.So he starts there with a a little sympathy.Looking up at the lovely young woman and being sure to hold direct eye contact he starts.

Dear Haila our friend and comrade Let me express my deepest sympathys for all you have been through in the past few hours.Not only where you taken and tortured but I am sure the loss of your dear sister is heavy upon your mind.Now along with offering you my support and regrets for what has happened I am speaking to you now because of an action I took after your capture.Deep in my heart I knew we would rescue you, so I did something that some of our fellow comrades have frowned upon, but I felt my actions were justified because my intentions where nobal.Stopping speaking for a moment he opens his backpack and removes all of the belongings he removed from Talia.(He will acctually keep one of her extra healing potions, but the others should not know how many she really had so I don't think anyone would notice.Other than that he will give her everything gold, silver ,the boots of speed all of it.)
Looking back up to to again look into her eyes.
He lies everything out for Halia to see then continues speaking.I hope you will understand my actions as one of respect not disrespect for I wanted to be able to give to you your beloved sisters personal items so you could have something of hers to remember her by something physical you could actually hold.I did make sure Talia was sent off to Valhalia in proper manner in full battle dress and weapons at her side we then set the furneral pyre fire.So I hope you do not despise me for what I have done for I truelly did it as a way to help you through your grieving by having something of your sisters at your side.If I have dishonered you in any way please accept my heart felt appology, and know it was not done intentionally.Finished speaking Ulthok takes a short bow towards Halia and steps back now waiting for a response if there was going to be one.If not he just waits for their next orders.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

And the search continues...
Posted on 7/18/2005 at 3:11:31 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Aye indeed, thy thanks for thy healing and thy nectar," replied Alasdair to Lord Conall. "Yer advise to seek Brother Cor's assessment of thy healing ability upon my arm is in need, lest it fall off with my swords first swing," jests Alasdair as he takes another drink from the wineskin and then retunring it to Conall with a small bow and smile of thanks.

"Brother Cor, might ye have a moment? Though my arm does feel whole, I've never has it so nearly severed before," says Alasdair. Alasdair smiles as he hears the light hearted banter between Cor and Conall concerning his should.

While Cor is busy looking to the others, Alasdair continues to keep a wary eye on the halls and doorways leading from this place. He nods approvingly to Ulthok as he returns Talia's belongings to her sister, hoping that Haila would accept them in the manner that Ulthok had intended.

As the re-united party talks and learns of what has transpired, Alasdair walks over to Lady Dru, "Lass, I know that we need a break for this has been a long day. But the day, nor the fighting is over, we must get the others to move. If not for their own safety, then for the safety of the lady whom we still seek. Surely the inhabitants here are searching for us, we must move onwardward," comments Alasdair in a quiet tone.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Atlast we are one.
Posted on 7/19/2005 at 7:46:35 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we travel down the corridor, the clash of metal and pounding of stone exist to echo. Al'tif hoping we were not to late become more cautious as we approach the room just in case we ran into more orcs. As we turn the corner we saw a huddled mass of people surround someone or something lying on the ground.

As we approach I got a hint of a pleasant and familiar fragrance. It was the sweet smell of lilac which Haila occasionally uses.

See that she was in good hands I looked in the room to see if any body needed my help in there. To my enjoyment that everyone was ok, or at least breathing.

As the crowd dissipated I move to Haila and return her Backpack and staff that she left in the hallway last time. Saying "I believe that these belong to you madam." Bowing with respect then walk away. As i walk away i put up my cloak to better blend with my surrounding and start to assist Ulthork in his activity along with Flit until everything is settled. Along the way i call to Cor "When we have time you can take a quick nap to get you full and energized back to all your clerical glory." As a cleric he should known that i mean i can cast nap spell on him to help him regain his spell.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:44:12.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


Fast Forward

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

FAST FORWARD
Posted on 7/19/2005 at 8:12:48 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Party together unified as one once more. A mission within a mission completed now onward they must go.

Wasting no time on rest they moved out Hawk in the lead once more the rest behind him. A sense of purpose led him forward.
A tunnel to the west they traveled and rooms they did find some empty yet some with Items of note. Ulthok and Flit their skills much in demand a number of chests were opened and Items had.

Searching retracing their steps back and forth a way to the level below they did search. The sun long having set outside.
Battles with patrols were fought and wounds taken and the Healing Spells of all growing less in number. Yet no deaths were had by the party and Dru’s staff of Curing a much prized possession.

A fiery chasm of flowing lava crossed over a 20x20 span 50 yards long a fight to reach the other side with Orcs, Hobgoblins and such Alasdair to his death almost did fall but was lucky, the strong grip and quickness of a Dwarf, a backpack caught and with the help of a thief/mage, the Dwarf did pull the Cavalier to safety.
Yet a mile or so beyond the chasm, the tunnel did end. A rockslide cave in blocking their way forward.

Back yet again to the cell room as before this time to east the party did go. More rooms and Items found.

A Throne room entered and a King of Hobgoblins confronted and a fierce battle fought, many wounds were suffered and much blood spilt yet Dru and her Staff were always there to heal. An Angel of curing in an underground hell.

The battle over and 2 chests found hidden behind the Throne. Traps disarmed and yet more items added to a growing pile.

But once again onward the party traveled but this time with a clue in hand a map to a room wherein a secret door was hidden.

The room found and Flit a door did find both Thieves working together opening its locks. Before them now another long tunnel the same as before yet the very heavy smell of chlorine in the air.

Conall a sudden burst of evil did he detect and a warning given just as a cloud of gas enveloped them. The air now poisonous they yet pushed forward, The Paladins warning early enough to gather precious air into their lungs. Into a 50x100 room did they enter and found before them the stairway down guarded by a large Green Dragon, gas curling from its mouth.

And so a battle began...

The Paladin charged forward his blade and shield before him and attacks he did score. Yet a tail hit and into the wall slammed.

The Dwarf Cor his weapon held strong, a huge claw just missing him, his hammer a hit too did he score. Yet the Dragon showed no signs of giving up life.

Arrows from Hawk and Af’til too did fly with no misses between them a roar of pain from the Dragon sounded yet in the fight it was still.

Haila her spells mostly forgotten due to torture and pain, yet still a fighter was she. The power of Thunderstrike hers to command. Its damage the Dragon truly did feel and its movement slower afterwards.

Dru her powers to shape change gone fought on with her spells and Invisibility. In and out attacking quick as a snake, her attacks concealed by the aid of her cloak.
But thou damage she did do it was for naught the Dragon its mouth wide, its teeth all bloody its head like a steel trap came down upon this lady so fair and with a swing of its head and mashing of teeth, her body was torn in two. Without a sound the Lady Dru lived no more. The bright lite of her being gone forevermore.

Alasdair seeing her fall his attacks brutally savage in anger they became. Without so much as a word to any to show his rage, the Dragon’s leg did he sever.
Its head and upper body now off balance it crashed to the floor where 2 tiny Thieves waited.

Ulthok using his Boots of Striding and Springing and with Flit in hand found himself and the Gnome upon the Dragon’s back. Attacks made, backstab damage done the two wee folk found that in the end they, not the mighty fighters, a Dragon had they slain. A fine act of teamwork by all members to be remembered, an adult Dragon dead the result.


The battle over, the last Spells of Healing mostly used. The party was once again fully healed.
The matter before them now among others a new leader to be chosen.

The rescue of one member it seemed only a prelude to the death of yet another. Would the horrors of this magical hell take them all.
The time to mourn and chose short, a quest yet undone. A stairway headed below to a third level before them with no where but down left to go.


OOC: Ok some new issues for you all to deal with. I decided to skip the second level as redundant to this part of the Adventure as a whole. Due to lack of posting and the ensuing time lag this I felt was needed to get us all back on track and keep the game exciting. Even now I am not sure if this was the right way to go, blame my insecurity’s for that. You will still gain all experience for creatures killed.

The Lady Dru due to some RL interests was no longer able to play she sends her well wishes and hopes the game will continue. I decided to kill her character and not replace her to avoid a possible leadership issue with a new player taking her over.
Dru it has been a pleasure having you play in this game I hope you find that which you seek. And May your heart always be filled with love and contentment. I for one will miss you very much. Do not be a stranger.

Ok Hawk is also gone Orc Slayer’s home life just got too busy for him to continue. Stay safe my friend and please keep in touch be it IM, Email or even a phone call. You too shall be missed. I will be seeking a replacement for him in the coming days. But with Tinder’s post Hawk is the only character we need a replacement player for. Glad I am for that for I think you guys are the best group I have ever gamed with but I know I have said that a time or two before so I will not rant sorta.

The Items found on the second level are as follows.
1 Robe / 1 Staff / 2 Wands / 1 Pearl / A Bag of Dust / 6 Potions / 1 Deep Purple Stone / 1 Amulet / 100 +3 Arrows / 10 +3 Daggers / 1,500 Platinum / 6,000 Gold / 10,000 Silver

And Dru’s Gear below and what she was carrying.

Thieves Picks / Good Meal 1 wk.
Bedroll / Flint/Steel.
Lantern (bulls eye) / Tent
Potions Extra Healing x2 / 4 Vials Unknown Liquids
2 Unidentified Rings / 1 Unidentified Staff
1 Unidentified Cloak / +2 Hide Armor.
Cloak of Elvenkind.
Ring of Animal Friendship.
Ring Protection +1
+2 Scimitar
Boots Riding.
+1 Staff
Gloves.
Sling. (normal)
Daggers x4 (normal)
Sickle (normal)
Staff of Curing.
Backpack
790gps
Many Spell Components
1 Musical Instrument (fife)

Let me know who takes what see ya Monday.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:47:33.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


72

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Loss and Mourning...
Posted on 7/19/2005 at 6:19:10 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In his fury Alasdair charged the green dragon, intent upon vengeance as he saw it mortally wound and take the life of Lady Drusalia. For he knew that such healing was beyond his powers. Her death, a severe blow to the group’s companionship and leadership, he mused that leadership would fall to the noble paladin Conall, the mighty war-cleric Cor, or upon himself. Without getting caught up in such thoughts, he quickly turned and went over to Lady Drusalia. With tear filled eyes, he carefully gathered her broken body and laid it full upon her cloak, placing her sword upon her chest with her fingers at its hilt.

“Aye lass, I did encourage a swift completion of this mission, but ye did na have ta leave so soon. We yet had wine and dinner to enjoy once this quest was completed. May yer soul rest peacefully in the Halls beyond and may we yet meet again,” says Alasdair as he slowly cuts a small locket of hair from her long tresses. Quietly placing the locket of hair into a small pouch, he then looks onward to the others, “Dost thou know if she yet has family living? This fight and quest is not over, yet some of her possessions may yet help us, as well as, give us a small token of remembrance.” Waiting to see the reactions of the others, he continues… “ Perhaps we should take them and decide their “fate” once we are free of this evil place?”

“A funeral pyre, such as befitting such a noble lady is needed this day,” says Alasdair with a heavy heart. He knows that this quest has taken a heavy toll on the group and placed a heavy burden upon their hearts.

The loss of Lady Talia, the kidnapping of Lady Haila and the final loss of Lady Dru is almost too much for all to bare. He shakes his head to clear such thoughts and then sets about looking about the room. His goals, timber and any signs of approaching foes. His mind racing for what must be done now… the quick resolution of the quest and the safe recovery of Lady Althena Sunblayze, for such failure to do so would diminish the importance of their own losses thus far.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

He is slipping
Posted on 7/21/2005 at 9:53:29 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Reunion,
Conall made his way to the hall where he saw a very battered and bloody Haila, “Glory and Trumpets! You still take breath.” Conall removes a cloak from his belongings, “Tis not fitting of one such as you but please take this until we find your gear. I also am sorry I have failed you. You were taken captive and I could do nothing. Lady Talia now sits in the Halls of Valhalla and I could do nothing. Tis a small token compared to your loss but I offer you my life for your loss.” All the time was permitted for the meeting of friends.

The party moved out and battles were faught.

The Lady Drusalia
Conall recovered from the battle with the dragon and then placed himself before the steps leading down to the lower level. His knuckles grew white as he gripped his sword. His eyes stared down into the cold darkness that lay below. No longer was light seen within, no longer would he hear the honorable commands of the Lady Drusalia. Never again would he hear the big sister banter of Talia to her little sister Haila. He had aloud these to get close. Never again.
‘Yes boy. Feed on your anger. Hold it inside, let it fester; let it eat away at you. Its fire will keep you warm at night. Its rage will give you strength in time of need and battle. Use it harness it. Cast off your shackles of emotions that make us weak. Feed on the hatred and close out all others. Keep them away. There is no room for them, only you and the evil you must destroy.’

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Knocking on Heaven's Door
Posted on 7/21/2005 at 11:48:16 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk hangs his head in sorrow and offers a prayer to Freya to help guide Dru's essense to the afterlife. He moves over to her and helps arrange her body in the most dignified pose as possible.

He says, "As a man of the land I understand the wish for burying her in the soil but due to our location that can't be done. I will not have her descrated by the creature that inhabit this place. I say cremate her and we'll bury her ashes once we are under the stars again.",/i>

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Another one meets their god
Posted on 7/23/2005 at 12:54:54 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After they rescued Halia the party moved on rapidly winding through the maze of corridors and rooms to find a way down.Suddenly a warning yelled but too late as they found themselves enveloped in a green noxis gas, but soon enough for them to hols their breath long enough to move to where the noxios gas came from, alas they find themselves confronting an adult green dragon.

As the battle raged their leader the Lady Dru with the use of her cloak stood firm and in the front line attacking the mighty beast over and over.Ulthok using everything at his disposal using both weapon and magic was helpless as the great dragon though injured in a split second snatched the young druid in it's mighty maw and with a great shake of it's head ripped the life from Dru's happless form.

Although Dru herself died without sound the halfling could not contain his feelings of rage that now filled his mind and took control of his body.With a yell that would latter be likened to the scream of a banshee the halfling using his boots of springing to their maximum ability, runs stright at the dragon grabbing Flit by the arm as he passes with a mighty leap propels them both up and onto the dragons back, where with his precious sword Idreanl the enraged theif begins plunging the blade deep into the dragons neck, back, and spinal area.Acting more like an barbarian in rage the tiny theif plunges his blade over and over the dragons life blood flying in all directions covering both Flit and himself he continues his attack so enraged was he that he did not even realize he had already killed the mighty beast untill Flit finally grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him.Looking at his friend covered in blood and looking back at the dragon he sat upon he realized the beast lie limp and lifeless upon the floor.

Slipping from the dragons back he moves to where the others had already laided Drus body she had died a very quick death it would seem for her body was tore in two.Ulthok knowing this was not the time or place for his feelings to get in the way but he was having a hard time keeping them in check.First Talia whom he barely knew and noe the Lady Drusilia.he and the druid had formed an unusually tight bond for ones in their profession not one of man and woman but more like brother and sister they spent much time traing togeather on his obstacal course back at the castle and he could never forget their little tripd into the city where they would enhance the gold in their pockets with a little game , as they called it some might call it a con, she would sing one of her beautiful songs out on the streets and her singing had a way of bringing out peoples deepest feelings which he as just another passer by would play upon by starting a collection plate for the beautful but somewhat hapless singer.Later they would have a few drinks and divy up the spoils.He would miss the Lady deeply.

Focusing his anger and rage as best he could in the right direction for their goal had not yet been accomplished and failur now would make these two deaths to be for naught and that is something he was determined to not let happen.Once again even at the risk of again bringing the anger of some of his own companions down upon him Ulthok does what it is he does.He removes from Drus packs the items she was carring that came from the chests they had found and opened he touches non of her weapons or armor he leaves her cloak and all the seat except for this list.Potions Extra Healing x2
4 Vials Unknown Liquids
2 Unidentified Rings
1 Unidentified Staff
1 Unidentified Cloak.
He then removes her fife the instument she loved so dear and places it upon her chest.

Knowing that time is growing very short he manages to keep his anger in check he says a short prayer and bids his dearest friend so long telling her they will meet again one day in the great afterlife.Agreeing that they must creamate the body he helps in that matter when ready they should light the fire and be on their way he agrees if they pass this way again they will take the ashes, but for now they must move.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Last rites
Posted on 7/23/2005 at 5:40:56 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk says, "Being a fellow creature of the woods I can do the honors for the cremation unless another wants this sad task.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Best of us has fallen
Posted on 7/24/2005 at 10:51:28 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While battling though orc and giant (in the seconded level) Dru raise to peak performance with graceful elegances that can only be mirrored by angel. I thought to myself one day I wish I can achieve should mastering with sword grace that she did with hers.
As our fearless leader fall before the ancient beast that plague our elven past, flash of mutilation and cruel flowed though my headed. Visions of my fellow kindred, on pikes raised above our village. Of Galsol (leader of our town) being pounded on by an unending assault of giant while protection the children (which I was one of). Us crying useless children, to petrified to run or even defend our self (which we were at the age to be able). It was magical, almost divine that he slew so many as he stood there, that the fallen giant bodies hid us.
That day I was the last day I cried for someone pasting. For that day my heart was turned into black granite. My family and friend gone, only us 13 children stood. That is why I became the man I am today. A silent elf that don’t get attach to anyone, one that laughs occasionally, and seem distance most of the time.


After slaying the dragon I prayed to myself that Dru will make it safely to the white sails.


On a different note I will pick up the list of item from the second level ( 1 Robe / 1 Staff / 2 Wands / 1 Pearl / A Bag of Dust / 6 Potions / 1 Deep Purple Stone / 1 Amulet/ 1,500 Platinum / 6,000 Gold / 10,000 Silver until we have time to identity them.
But I will ask Hawk if I can have one of the +3 daggers, and some of the +3 arrow as we both are frequent user of the bow.

Then I motion to Cor and ask about the healing staff. Should we take it or leave it with Dru, because we both are low on healing ability at the moment.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

belongings and possesions
Posted on 7/26/2005 at 4:03:02 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bundle of items that were once her sister's lay at Haila's feet. All that was left of her other self. It seemed so empty somehow. Like the entire world was hollow ... or was it just her. Every thought and feeling echoed dully through head and heart. The blackness she narrowly escaped earlier becons with soft feathery touches and promises of nothingness and the mage swings once again between numbness and life. A flutter of light from behind her eyelids and a whisper across the recesses of her mind touch Haila from within and again the darkness receeds. Her eyes again fultter open and she sees no sign of the cavalier. Again the slightest touch of another within her thoughts. Tails?... it must be her sister. Even in death she is trying to save Haila from herself. The thought is so restoring that the blackness fades to where Haila could not reach it if she tried. But realizing this she notes she doesn't really want to try. The crushing wall of pain that surrounded the younger twin has faded to a dull ache that feels like five pound weight in her chest. Wait...no that weight was 5 pounds of cat
butt. Niamedris purred and kneeded his paws to somehow bury himself deeper in the mage's lap. The prick of sharp claws jolted Haila into action she found a spare change of clothes in her twin's pack. She rooted about deeper finding a hilt. She pulled out a very sharp dagger still in it's sheath. Accepting Ulthock's healp she got unsteadyly to her feet. She allowed the thief to lead herto the others. Seeing the carnage within the cell Haila had only one reaction.
Waiting until they turned to her she looked each party member remaining in the eye if only briefly. She then stares at the sheathed dagger and pulls several inches from it's sheath checking the blade's edge. "I don't know about you all, but I feel like killing somethings.......a lot." The yowl from calf height seemed to be in agreement.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:51:28.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


A Time to Mourn

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Time To Mourn
Posted on 7/26/2005 at 5:30:06 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Party once of 10 now only of 8. Two members dead and gone, a quest yet unfinished. A leader yet to step forward and give the command to move on....

The Party all stood as one and gazed upon the body of the Lady Dru, some crying, some stone faced all hiding behind walls. So vibrant had she been in life, yet most beautiful she lay in death.

A women she may have been but with a warriors heart and strength she would dearly be missed by all. The only female left, the Lady Haila knew the truth of Dru’s passing a sister’s loss not a day yet old. Her sister’s presence she felt inside herself, and it was that along with Alasdair’s psionic help that had brought her back to the living.
Haila vowed she would not fail Tails again.

But with Dru now dead, choices anew for the party to make the first that of the deposition of her gear. So it was that all Items both found and of hers, carried by the former leader in a pile were placed as to allow any and all to chose.
Hawk, Ulthok and Af’til gathered together that which they could use or carry.

Yet on the floor before them rested useful things as yet unclaimed.
A Staff of Curing, a second +1 Staff, Dru’s Cloak of Elvin kind, a set of +2 Hide Armor, many a spell component and 790 pieces of gold.
The rest of the pile the same as already carried by all the party.

The remaining members were in agreement as to the nature of Dru’s body and how it was to be handled. By Fire would she be laid to rest,on the smoke would she be carried to the heavens the light of the fire to guide her way.

Yet not a one of them had yet to light the flame as if lost in memory and time they could not bring themselves to act.

Before them their future, a stairway down into the unknown. For sure below lay battles yet be fought.
The mission mayhap close to its end, yet mayhap only just beginning anew. The hated tick tock of minutes gone clear to them all.

Action was needed, movement ordered to all. A fire to light, a women to answer Odin’s call.
Standing around no help to any, the party in for a dollar, in for a penny.

TICK..TOCK..TICK..TOCK..TICK TOCK....


OOC: Ok kinda a short post but not much did you guys really do . Ok next post Monday as norm and I need to know who is taking what of the rest of the gear still not claimed by any.
Big hint COR, TAKE THE STAFF OF CURING as the party’s true Cleric its your right. Trust me you guys are gonna need it.!!
Ok Have fun.

On a side note Bromern Sal a fellow mod here at the Inn needs 2 players for his Cyberpunk game. It is a lot like the game Shadowrun. I too am in this game and we need at least 1 more combat type person as we have me cybered to the hilt and two tech non combat type characters. So please if ya want to join another fun game check it out its called The Cerebral Paradox. I NEED BACK UP


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:53:22.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


73

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

The Burning and the Choosing.
Posted on 7/26/2005 at 11:32:19 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As he finished putting away the iyems he had taken from their former leader, he knew he had choosen with care but not really sure if it was wise to leave so many other items that the group could use behind.When Cor approached to speak to the halfling.He felt honered by the kind words the war cleric had for him and when he suggests that he take and use Drus' elven cloak he realizes that he is correct he of all could put it to good use.So with Cors blessing he removes her cloak.Not sure if like many magical items they seem to fit whom ever wears them he dons the cloak.He in turn turns to Cor and speaks.Your words are kind and touch my heart great warrior, and I know your creed is against taking from the dead, however in our present situation I belive that Dru would also want you to be able to help her friends when needed so I would think she would want you to have her Staff of Cureing it may save some of our lives down the road.If you can not remove it yourself I would be honered to present it to you as her friend.
Turning back he deciedes there is no reason to leave behind the spell components or the gold so he takes those things.Now there were two things that had to be done and done quickly.They need to burn Drus body and a new leader must step forward.Ulthok jumps into action and anything at all that looks burnable he will gather and pile around Dru once there seems to be enough he will douse the body and everything with oil and he is ready to light the fire, before doing so he turns to the others.
As one of Drus closest friends I for one would love to bury her in her beloved nature, but I also know that is impossable.Dru knew the risks of what we do and would want us to get on with our mission.If she where still leading we would be long gone from this spot.So I suggest one of you grab the reigns and get this show on the road.We are all in this togeather so I will follow any one of you who have the courage to try to fill Drus shoes, and lead us on to victory.With his little speach over he abruptly turns and ignights the fire.Now they can't linger here much longer someone will have to speak up and take charge.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Waste not want not
Posted on 7/26/2005 at 12:26:03 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk will go about the duty of setting up and then cremate the body. He will not let the foul creatures of this place descrate her.

He then says, "I'll carry what others not want. We can always sell them on the surface for items the party needs plues some funeral plots for our fellow dead members."

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

and the search goes on.
Posted on 7/26/2005 at 1:13:00 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cor in his wisdom deceides that Flit should carry the staff of curning and tells him to pick it up and carry it.He hens says he will linger just long enough to be sure the fire takes hold and then follow us down to the next level.Since this group is so disiplined they quickly fall into their usuall marching order and down into the bowels of hell they march.Deceideing to put his new cloak into use right away he will pull up the hood so that he blends in to the surroundings.He knows from having talked to and listened to Dru talk about how the cloak worked that while he is moving he is still pretty easy to detect, but if they come upon trouble the second he stopd he will blend in and that should give him an advantage in trying to position himself for his deadliest form of attack his back stab with his precious Idreanel.So with his senses turned to their highest levels he follows in his place watching and looking for where and when his skills will next be called into action.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Into the darkness
Posted on 7/26/2005 at 9:43:49 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall stood motionless at the top of the stairs, his eyes peering deeply into the darkness below. His hope was renewed slightly when he heard Cor speak and take a position of leadership and got the group moving out.

As the group gathered and made ready to move out Conall stepped down a step or two, he drew up his sword and used its glow to see what he may, and then moved out as the rest fallowed.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Action
Posted on 7/27/2005 at 4:11:59 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk takes the duty of setting Dru ablaze. He does so then sets about gathering the loot they found for transfer. Might as well pay for this venture some way. He then gets ready to take his normal exploring position.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Transition and Changes..
Posted on 7/27/2005 at 2:08:13 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Aye Brother Cor, leadership can be a burden, but it can also be what makes us shine," quipped Alasdair whimisically. Ready to step forward himself, or to let the group's more veteran members lead the party, he was curious as to which would be the more heavy handed as Cor had pointed out, the Paladin, the War-Cleric or perhaps even himself. Both Conall and Cor obviously had great battle prowess, but leadership required more that just that to get them through this quest alive.

Alasdair was glad that they were offering the Lady Dru what messure of respect they could in these halls. 'Lady Dru, ye shall be remembered well in this and into the next,' thought Alasdair. To Ulthok, he says "Me thanks for thy efforts yonder (inclining his head towards the fire now ablaze) and to helping push us to move onward." He then moved forward towards the front of the group, "Lady Haila has a point, there are things to be killed this day. So we all shall remember Lady's Talia and Dru as we move forward. Making sure justice and retribution is paid upon these foul creatures that inhabit these halls. Causing them to wish that they had never heard of us or the Lady Althena Sunblayze for whom we still seek."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Yes, Leadership? What about it?
Posted on 7/27/2005 at 10:53:09 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Brother Cor, I am searching for one who is lost and is required home again. I am hunting and stalking an evil. Like a lone leopard or like a pride of lions. How it is done makes no difference to me. I do know Odin tells me what I must do is down these stairs. If those who fallow behind do so because they wish to fallow me or do so because they are strapped to a wagon like crates, it makes no difference to me. I cannot help but feeling numb yet also quite alive at this very moment. Conall paused for a moment to gather his thoughts…

It was then Conall heard Cor’s uplifting words and he realized he was not the only one who has lost on this trip.

The next phrase seemed quite out of place coming from the quite stern looking Conall with his far away gaze down into the darkness, (best gopher voice he could muster) “Yes, yes. Quite right we shall go and Alasdair shall go with us and all of us will go.”

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

We-Hual
Posted on 7/29/2005 at 2:11:28 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk says, "Ready and willing to continue just give the word."

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Leadership
Posted on 7/29/2005 at 12:24:12 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the group finally moved into the dark of the stairs down to the next level their was discussions going on about who should take command of the group.Cor was willing but felt he was not the best choice and that because the group was so experienced and already worked togeather quite well that the experience of leadership would be good for Conall since leadership is a Paladian trait.Conall himself seemed unsure if it was a good idea his own words showed that he was ready to continue and if others followed him great if not just as good, not exactally a leaders position.To Ulthok it did not really matter if anyone took the position he knew what they had to do and the same as Conall was going to proceed whether the others followed or not.He knew in his heart however that noone here would not push forward so once again Cors words ring true.The group knows what they are here for and will continue the mission no matter who steps forward or if noone does the group will proceed with what needs to be done.

Besides Cor and Conall, Aliadair had also expressed that he would step up if noone else did and all of this discussion took place while the group was already moving in their proper marching order toward the next destination.Yes there should be a leader but untill someone acctually steps up things will go on as they should.Taking the liberty to slip out of formation for just a second Ulthok slides up next to Conall."Brother Conall if I may be so bold as to call you brother your words are true Alaisdair and the rest of us will follow as you say but Cors words are also true you carry the traits that a great leader would make and though I am but a theif and mage at heart I for one would be honered to follow one so nobel."Slipping back to his proper position he continues using all his avaiable skills to make sure the group is safe and no hidden danger lies in their path.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Words on a stairwell to where?
Posted on 7/29/2005 at 9:09:27 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall listen to Ulthok and a smile came upon his face as Ulthok called him brother, “Yes Ulthok, my brother in arms we will go. I will feel better knowing the shadows belong to you and not the evil we seek. You say ‘but thief and mage at heart?’ I say nay, a thief and mage by trait but I see the heart of a warrior beating with in. For you have stood face to face with the evil that lurks these halls and you do not falter. Nobel, thank you and it is I who am honored at your words to me.”

Then Ulthok slipped back into line as though he were never there. ‘Nobel, never before has that word been used to describe Conall. It rings when people speak the name of Glendower but never Conall, until now.’ Conall gave a quick glance skyward, “Odin be pleased.” then looking back into the darkness “I hope.”

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

travel
Posted on 7/31/2005 at 6:04:53 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As every one get ready to move out, i gather all that can be gathered, raise up my cloak and started traveling down the hallaway in my usually manner: semi invisible, without a sound. I think to myself "it does matter who leads us now, we just need to finsih what we started. Plus everyone will follow who they think is right, doesn't matter if it a proclaim leader or not. and if that person follow the proclaim leader i guess the people that trust him will follow who he follows."

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

at the riskof sounding rude
Posted on 8/8/2005 at 1:07:08 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the shifting about in the vaccum of leadership Dru had left behind gave Haila a chance to poke about looking for her armour and gear. Finding it she bent herself into many odd twisty shapes buckling herslef in. Luckily she was really quite flexible. Stowing her sister's dagger she said aloud to break the big debate in the hopes they could move (fuggling-well) on already. She had seen (and smelled) too much of this place already. "The knife is nice but I'm always feel better when I'm holding something that takes both my hands."

Had anyone been looking they would have seen the cat's eyes rolling. Secretly the feline was relieved . If she could kid about she was going to recover. In her head however the cat meerly muttered "I see your adventure hasn't lost you any mastery of the single-entendre."

Smirking inside she pointed out at least she didn't roll around in rotting garbage to attract a mate. Things rapidly went down hill from there.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

To Jinx/ Hailia
Posted on 8/8/2005 at 5:29:35 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we travel down the halls my mind start to wonder why have we only seen 1 of the 220 people that were suppose to be here? And that none have left journal or other things to show that this place was inhabited for the past 5-10 years. Did the people have no hobbies, or lives for that matter, to past the time? I just seem strange to me.'
Then I lift my wine skin and sip a little elven homebrew that I made. a pleasant sweet soothing engulf my parched mouth like spring morning dew, followed by a vicious kick to throat as I swallowed the flaming cinnamony liquid to keep oyu warm on those hallow winter nights.
Then I offer it to those around me as they to my be thrist and want something different to nurse on.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 21:58:25.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


Game On

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Game On
Posted on 8/9/2005 at 5:16:01 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The party once again finally on the move. Though no leader chosen officially as such, teamwork would be for now the name of the game. Would it be enough to find and rescue the one sought....

With Flit in the lead down the stairs they all moved quickly yet quietly for in a stronghold of evil it was very clear the party was. After a descent of roughly two floors they came to the bottom of the stairs and out into a 40x50 area. The walls rough and natural not of magic but of nature made. A pool of clear water to the South lay at ease. Pure and clean no evil coming from it or in it did Conall sense.

Clear it was to the party that this area was well traveled, a door to the East alike to all the others before it did stand. A rat across the floor did run into a small recess in the West wall.

Flit a quick check and the door was found to be unlocked and in no way trapped. Opened and moving through he went followed by the party in marching order still.
90 feet beyond the door this magically created tunnel did run before the first door was found to the South. A second Southern facing door 30 feet beyond that. The party yet moving forward, a third door was found before them to the East 30 feet after the second Southern door.

Flit motioned a quick stop as he moved forward to all the doors checking for sound and movement. In sign he indicated that sound he did clearly hear from both the first Southern door and the one to the East.
But no sound did he hear from the second of the Southern doors.
Moving back into line he in a quiet voice told all that the words he had heard from behind both doors were those of the Half-Gnoll creatures fought before.
Yet no words or sound of movement behind the second Southern door had he heard. Whether that was good or bad he did not know.

As the party stood quietly listening to Flits report, Alasdair was almost sent to his knees as a surge of pain hit him like a fist in his mind. Reaching out he stopped his fall with a hand upon the wall nearest him. ALTHENA!!! Through their psychic connection he felt her pain. The pain of torture, the pain of blood drawn, the pain of knowing she would soon tell all and then be killed. The pain of despair and loss of all hope....

The Party now with 3 new choices before them, all made of wood. Two with enemies beyond, the third no sound to know what lurked behind it.
As it was before now it was again choices within choices and yet more choices. The clock of time and space and a women's life ticking away....

OOC: Ok heres the long awaited post again I am sorry for its delay.
Ok the hallway looks like thissymbols) #=10ft / _S_= South Door / _E_=East door and end of tunnel.



#########_S_###_S_###_E_

I hope this helps visulize the hallway better best I can do. Next post Monday.



Posted on 2006-09-30 at 22:00:15.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


74

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Three Doors Three Choices.
Posted on 8/9/2005 at 12:05:03 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With both eyes and ears working overtime in this den of death Ulthok follows the group as the find themselves going deeper and deeper into this chamber of horrors.They stopp in a hallway while Flit listens at three doors that confront the party so once again a choice will be made.As they wait he notices that Alasdair has a sudden attack of sorts he puts out his hand to steady himself so as not to fall to his knees.Moving up next to him Ulthok whispers "what goes on man what has shaken you so" Keeping his eyes on the three doors he waits for a reply.Trying to deceide what he feels is the next best move, two doors with half gnoll creatures behind in conversation, one door ominously quite.Matbe Alasdair has found out something.Ulthok does not understand what powers the cavilar has but does know he does things with his mind he could only dream about doing.So just maybe he has been touched in his mind and that info may be of some help.If not it's back to door to door searching with time running short, and each battle wasteing precious seconds.


Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

No clue
Posted on 8/9/2005 at 7:37:19 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk states, "I'm open to suggestions."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Fine, lets move out
Posted on 8/10/2005 at 12:04:30 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall has heard enough, “Thank you Ulthok. Cor ready what ever words of prayer to Odin you can muster. Mages stay on guard and at the ready, the next combat we have must be quick. Hawk, my good friend you stay open to suggestions.” with a quick glance to Alasdair, “If you are ready we must move out now. Into the silence of the southern door, ok every one lets move.” A noticeable smile on his face, “This is why the King called upon us. We must do this and we must do it now. Who wants to live forever?” Conall then motions toward the silent door.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Bowing up
Posted on 8/10/2005 at 3:28:01 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk remains silent without a reply and readies his bow for action then follows the party.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

battle beings
Posted on 8/10/2005 at 7:21:16 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As everyone get in their normal starting position I would like to cast bless silently on the party. At the conclusion of the spell I will ready my bow and will strike down any opposition presented before me, as we usually do.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Position
Posted on 8/10/2005 at 3:33:22 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk is ready with bow in hand and arrow ready to pull back. He stands where needed for spells and firing position

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Ready Set Lets Go
Posted on 8/11/2005 at 2:48:29 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liking the way things are turning out it would appear that Conall is going to end up taking command of the group,or at least make deceisions.It will be through the door that no sound comes from that the group will make it's first move.Ulthok prepares himself.He pulls the hood of his newly aquired cloak up so as to make himself harder to see, and with his precious sword inhand waits to enter through the as yet unopened door.
Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Sorry I'm not doing mt Job.
Posted on 8/15/2005 at 11:10:31 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since it seems that the group has decided to go through the door that is silent Ulthok moves up to the door and using his thieving abilities thourghly checks for traps.If none found he will check to see if door is unlocked if not will attempt to pick it.Once all is ready he turns to ConallAll is ready for our move through this door please proceed whenever you are ready.

Once he is finished he will return to his place in line to await whatever comes next.he has the hood to his new robe pulled up to make himself harder to see and has his sword ready.


Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

a trap beyond sight
Posted on 8/16/2005 at 2:37:08 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His remaining non-singed fur rippling Niamedris picked up some vibrations in the air. He noted that all the two legs in the party we're all patched up and no one offered to heal him. The list was mounting. There was much revenge. It would be a long time before any of them over looked a cat again.

Haila was somewhat dissapointed all that strutting and posing and swagger and there was nothing to fight. What a let down. Niamedris' fur gave a ripple and she felt cold fingers down her back. The anylitical part of her mind told her these were filtered from the familiar. No one knew if cat's were psychic or just insufferable know-it-alls and cats played it pretty close to the vest. Still to be prudent Haila cast a detect magic spell on the door of choice.

Niamedris shook the spider off his back quietly and tried to look smug.


Posted on 2006-09-30 at 22:03:30.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


Inward Bound

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Inward Bound
Posted on 8/16/2005 at 3:09:36 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The party a choice they did have on which way to go...
The silent door number two door to the South the pick.
Now only awaiting the one to step forward to open....


Haila newly recovered and rescued decided to take no chances. A few gestures of her hand and the spell of Detect Magic went forth to find...Nothing...No magic was laid upon the door. The way ahead seemingly clear of such...

Ulthok the mighty orc slayer moved to the door his bag of tricks in hand. A few quick minutes and the door he found to be unlocked with no apparent trap to be found. As he moved back into line he knew he had done the best his skills would allow had it been enough. Had he possibly missed a trap. In the end there was really only one way to know....

As the Halfling moved back, Cor Cleric of War did move forward as sure in himself as in his God.
Reaching out with a hand a door knob gripped and a door did swing open. Before the Dwarf was a long hallway very long indeed going in the direction of South upon a map face beyond Cor's sight...

The party in single file did move through the door and a double side to side formation was able as the hallway was 30 by 30 wide. Yet again all could tell that these halls as those before were of magic made.

The hallway was long first 60 feet, then 80 feet, then 100 feet, then finally a cross passage to the East was found. Like the path to the south it too going into the dark beyond everyone’s sight.

To the South yet still the tunnel ran but now doors as well were to be seen. A door 20 feet further down to the West did stand. a second door across from it to the East. A third door was again seen to stand to the West 40 feet further on.
A distant area of light on the edge of sight telling of a possible turn in the tunnels direction.

Flit as before moving from door to door seeking to hear noise behind each door. Of the three, voices in common behind the second West door did he hear both of Male and one Female could he tell between.
The exact numbers of Males lost to him as he did not have a line of sight into the room.

Returning to the party he told them of his findings and conclusions some of them surely a guess. With no way to confirm them without the use of Magic or an opening of the door...

A time again to choose...


(OOC: Ok I know it’s a rather short post with not a whole lot of info but I have some players waiting to join once your out of these dungeons. As such I am moving things along by skipping rooms of no real importance. Like storage areas, closets etc. Hopefully by Sept’s end or so I can have you back in town and the new players on board and posting in the game..

I am glad Mottle posted that he opened the door made my post easier, but I would of posted anyway without it this time due to his post in the Q/A. But from now on actions must be posted by player characters only never ASSUME that an NPC has done his job no matter his class. NPC’s are run by me and as I said in the Q/A thread I do not want to argue over what the NPC should of or shouldn’t have done. If I did not post he or she did something then they did not do it. Also on the marching order if that was meant for later then that was my mistake. Please post a PRESENT marching order in the Q/A and I will go by that. Next post Monday.

I am also once you guys and Lady get out and back to town thinking about changing the way I post to only posting once EVERYONE has posted as some of the other DM’s running games here at the Inn have advised me to do but I am not sure as of yet. This would be to get past the conflict of some of you not being able at times to post by Monday. As such if any one has any thoughts about this feel free to post in the Q/A thread. Ok see ya all hopefully next week.

Alasdair get in touch with me need to go over the painful vision you had of Althena.




Posted on 2006-09-30 at 22:04:57.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6330 Posts


75

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Entrance to salvation
Posted on 8/16/2005 at 11:20:30 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Everyone gets into the ritual for entering the room like the many times before, I make sure my hood is up and that I have two arrows knocked, and pray that we are not too late. I stand ready for Cor or Conall or whoever is at the door to swing open the door. I will take aim at whoever is closest to Althena if she is in the room to stop them from harming her, or the cleric looking abomination.
(OOC). is my bless still effect? and Cor's Prayer? if so good for us bad for them.
Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Ready
Posted on 8/16/2005 at 7:44:40 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk finds it odd they have found no enemy as of yet but doesn't get excited over it. He keeps his bow ready and follows his comrades into the room. Having no useful spells he can use at this time he keeps himself on full alert.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Perhaps this door...
Posted on 8/16/2005 at 11:47:06 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Cor this council seems good to me. If all will make ready, Alasdair” with a quick glance to see if there is any disapproval on Alasdair’s face, “and myself will make our presence known to those inside. Once inside Alasdair left, I will step right giving magic and ranged weapons perhaps a clear shot through the soon to be open door.”

With another quick glance around the group of faces he has grown to trust Conall speaks one last thing, “Odin grant us strength and wisdom. Perhaps behind this door is what we seek. The King has chosen well. Odin guide us all.”

Conall then moves to the chosen door and when all are ready will open and step into the room with Alasdair directly behind.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Althena ???
Posted on 8/21/2005 at 3:51:30 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a quick glance to Cor and Conall, "Aye lads, I am with ye both. Time is of the essense as I've recently had a vision of the Lady Althena in a dire situation. Though I have serious doubts as to whether it is the Lady Althena behind yonder door, especially since the voice that was heard is not that of the Lady Althena," says Alasdair, indicating the door that they are about to charge through.

"In truth my insight tells me that the path to her is not through this door, but rather down the hallway to the south, then east. With time being short I would suggest that I take the lead and search quickly before she is killed." Having shared his insights, Alasdair readies his sword and shield and turns to the south, waiting to see how the others react before moving too far alone. His mind reaching out to confirm the direction and path to Lady Althena and trying to contact her if possible.

OOC: If Contact and Mindlink are successful, he will try to reassure Althena to hold on. If I am out of the required PSPs for this, then louds shouts will come forth as we near her location.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

A Challenge???
Posted on 8/21/2005 at 5:59:48 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Brother Cor, there is no need for any mistrust or speculation on your part. I just had the vision, which caused me to stumble a few moments ago. He then turns to Ulthok, "my friend, thanks for your concern a few moments ago. I have never had such visions come to me like this before or with such force, especially with one I have never met or been connected with in the past."

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Change of plan
Posted on 8/21/2005 at 10:00:31 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Alasdair speaks, my ears ping with antipaction that our quest shall soon be complete and we can gather our fallen comrades and be able to give them both the hero's funeral that they deserve. At his conclusion, I spin on my heels, without a creak, and start down the hall. I will follow him with haste but will take my usual spot as rear guard as well, with bow in hand and two arrow notched, for I have faith that his vision was true and not of the evil cleric tring to bring us to a trap.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

What chanllenge, let us move.
Posted on 8/22/2005 at 2:05:31 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Alasdair, there was no challenge in the words of Cor. If you do have some link to the lady we look for, perhaps you can move your feet as fast as you move your paranoia and let us find her. So we can then be gone from these halls that seems to be putting us all at each other’s nerves. New let us move people,” offering the lead to Alasdair, “After you.”

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Moving Forward...
Posted on 8/22/2005 at 3:43:24 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No anger my friend," replies Alasdair to Cor. "Indeed these halls have been tiresome to us all. Too many friends have been lost, yet the fight continues. Though I am honor bound to complete this quest, I do long for its conclusion and hope that the Lady Althena is truly worth it," continued Alasdair.

To the entire group, "I know not what lay before us, but I will do what I can to guide us to the Lady as quickly as possible." Having said this, he then turns to the south and moves forward, knowing that he has never travelled with a better or more trusted group of comrades. To each he would trust his own life and to each he would give his own if needed.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Words
Posted on 8/22/2005 at 11:51:27 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawks replies, "Then lets us quit bickering and find her then. Lets go."

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

Niamedris's time to shine
Posted on 8/23/2005 at 1:25:13 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Niamedris ponders the pros and cons of doing this. Really he couldn't think of too many reasons why to do this for the group so far they had flambed him and refered to him as "Nine Dresses". Heck the voice from above even made him a girl briefly. But for the love of his mage he'ed be happy to. And the dwarf wasn't too bad either. Niamedris remembered getting some pettins earlier. But as Haila opened her mouth to answer things went in a totally other direction. Niamedris watched the two legs quibble and pondered how he could get something to eat out of it. Haila watched everyone get short tempered. Personally she was all for rushing in and pretty much slaughtering everyone in there. They killed her twin, her comrads and tortured her. The thing that the mage hated them most for was making her WANT to kill. She had never been melicious but the sheer tide of bloodthirsty vengence was something she had to struggle against. A voice from within/without said "patience". Holstering casting ingredients she picked up the staff and followed behind the others.


Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Right door Wrong door
Posted on 8/23/2005 at 1:30:50 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:Sorry I'm so late posting here but I just got my phone turned on.So here I go.

BIC:As soon as Conall suggests that they go through the door where they heard the female voice Ulthok goes to that door and does his usuall checks.First it seems that if this is where the Lady Sunblaze is being held there would be more security, since there is not he makes a very carefull detailed check for traps on this door trying to make sure he misses nothing.Then if all is well he will check to see if it is locked.

Then soon after Alasdiar had his little spell he informs all what has happened.There is conversation between Cor, Conall, and Alasdiar and it is determined that he shall lead us hopefully to the lady.He had a vision of her in a different location that the door we where going to go through.When Alasdiar thanks him for his concern he mearly nods at him.he is getting uptight just as it seems the rest of the group is.He wonders if it might be some type of effect from being close to this evil cleric they are going to confront soon.
Ulthok says nothing as they talk back and forth and finally deceide to follow Alasdiar.He just makes sure he is as ready as he can be for whatever happens in the next few moments.He runs through his avaiable spells and tries to orginize them in order he might need to use them.As they start to move again he quickly moves to Alasdairs side.just let me know if you need anything checked for traps or anything else as we approach our destination.Then he falls back into line.



Posted on 2006-09-30 at 22:10:19.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.