The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3963 registered users. Our newest member is Amino.
Online members: TannTalas, Odyson
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Alacrity)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by Grugg)Last Chance Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2184 Posts


A change of plans

Cor listened to Ulthok rant and rave esp the part about him not voting for a leader and his very childish vow to share nothing with the party. "Very well you have shown your true colors to not only me but to all here. Selfish, hot tempered and arrogant to the last. Because of your refusal to listen to me you have forced me to take the path I most wanted to avoid. It seems the sword may have found an unexpected ally." There was much sadness in Cor's voice.

Looking to the others Cor continued, "By his own words Ulthok has forsaken us and will seek to preserve himself alone. I will respect that wish and believe that from this point on he will do wahatever he sees fit whenever it suits him. As such he has placed us and our task in dire peril. Aid from him will not be asked and none shall be offered. He walks alone now; beside us but not with us."

Cor then moved to the door to the next room. "I cannot afford to risk him being held in sway by the sword unbound and free to act before anyone notices. Therefore we press on without rest." Looking straight at Ulthok he added "Good luck ta ye lad." Cor opened the door and stepped into the next room.


Posted on 2009-11-04 at 14:58:32.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


A Decision to be Made

Halia had stood by, holding her sword tightly and listening to Cor and Ulthok ‘speak’ if one could call it speaking, it was much closer to a quarrel.

Distantly she was aware of her familiar twining around her legs, but it was something that was happening without her giving much thought to it. Instead she was thinking of what Cor was saying, what Ulthok was saying, what she knew deep in her heart from her own experiences with the sword, and of course about Divot.

Looking to the others Cor continued, "By his own words Ulthok has forsaken us and will seek to preserve himself alone. I will respect that wish and believe that from this point on he will do whatever he sees fit whenever it suits him. As such he has placed us and our task in dire peril. Aid from him will not be asked and none shall be offered. He walks alone now; beside us but not with us."

Cor then moved to the door to the next room. "I cannot afford to risk him being held in sway by the sword unbound and free to act before anyone notices. Therefore we press on without rest." Looking straight at Ulthok he added "Good luck ta ye lad." Cor opened the door and stepped into the next room.

As Cor started to leave the room she speaks up finally as she takes a step, not toward the door but toward Ulthok. Slowly the golden locks of her hair fall over her shoulders as she shakes her head.

“Cor… No. This is wrong. I know more about being held sway by that sword than any of you. Binding us all is simply not the answer. Abandoning one of our own is also not the answer.” She speaks in a calm voice, but it is resolved nonetheless.

She looks at Ulthok, “If Cor wishes to continue with this you will not be alone. If anything because of Divot…”

Turning she glances at Cor again. “I would hope you will rethink your decision though. We are stronger together, we will be more likely to overcome the power of the sword and anything else if we stay together…”


Posted on 2009-11-05 at 02:56:47.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


In steps the peacemaker...

Conall stood by, not sure how the issue would resolve itself. Both Cor and Ulthok, though different, were similar in ways. They were both very sure of themselves, very proud, and would not back down from this too lightly... and even if they did, there would be unrest. And in this catacomb, unrest between party members would not aid them well. As he stands next to Cynil, Conall watches the scenario unfold.

"By his own words Ulthok has forsaken us and will seek to preserve himself alone. I will respect that wish and believe that from this point on he will do wahatever he sees fit whenever it suits him. As such he has placed us and our task in dire peril. Aid from him will not be asked and none shall be offered. He walks alone now; beside us but not with us."

"I cannot afford to risk him being held in sway by the sword unbound and free to act before anyone notices. Therefore we press on without rest."

Cor began to walk forward, pressing on to the next room. Ulthok was in possession of that damned sword, but even the largest evil, or object which caused evil thoughts and actions, could be overcome through friendship, and unity. The more you worked with others, the more you could overcome. And so, with that in his mind, Conall did something he never thought he would do.

"Cor wait."

Conall stepped forward, looking at Ulthok. The halfling before him had proved trustworthy... as far as halflings go, anyway. Cor had been elected the leader, but the decision which he was making - to press on without rest - was suicide.

Turning his gaze to Cor, he took a deep breath, and confronted his master. "Cor, I know you've taught me a lot. And if there's one thing you've taught me - whether you meant to or not - it's that you always have to look out for those near to you. And you, Cor, Cynil, Althena, Rayne, Kenji, Haila, Ulthok... You're all close to me, and dear to me. Some more than others of course."

He turns around and looks at Cynil briefly, but then turns back to Cor.

"And through that teaching, I have to object to your decision to press on. We are sorely lacking resources, both magical and physical, and we would doom ourselves going in there now. I'm not going to let those who are important to me walk in there unprepared. I will not let those dear to me die, nor will I let you lead them to it.

That being said though, you are correct. This sword is a danger to us. But it is the sword - not Ulthok. And so, Cor, I propose that everyone rest... and I will guard us from Ulthok."

Turning to Ulthok, Conall continued. "This is what I propose. You will not be completely bound. You will still have movement of your limbs. However, you will be bound to me. If you move in the middle of the night, I will feel it. And, if you should somehow not wake me, and inflict harm on someone else..." Conall turned back to Cor, a grim expression on his face. "I will take the blame. I will sacrifice that to allow us to be prepared. I simply ask the two who are on watch keep an occasional glance looking at us."

Conall took a deep breath, and looked at Cor, then Ulthok.

"Well? Do we have a deal?"



Posted on 2009-11-05 at 03:21:58.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne


She stands and looks from one person to the other, not yet sure what to say to alleviate the situation. While Cor was being cautious, she could see Ulthok's side of the debate.

She did not like it when Cor was so quick to completely cut him off from the group. That would not be a good idea.


Posted on 2009-11-05 at 04:31:23.
Edited on 2009-11-05 at 04:35:10 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

Cynil looks to Cor and Ulthok and Conall and Haila.

She had never been one to interfer in the leadership of the group, but......

"Cor, we have given you great responsibility, and you have lead us with strength and wisdom, and you have also listened to the words of the members of this group."

"All of you are right by your own reasoning. All of you have spoken truly. But the truth of the matter is that we are a group all of us together. I will sleep on Ulthok as a cat and believe me I will awaken at the slightest move or sound. I will still get my rest and still be able to make my prayers in the morning."

She look to Cor, "Let peace reign between us, not let this become a thing to weaken us."


Posted on 2009-11-05 at 04:36:56.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2184 Posts


Ok by me

"If he agrees to be bound to Connel and slept upon by our 'cat' then the intent of my choice is met and I agree. However until such time as he retracts his statement of individuality he is not a part of the group and the decree of no aid asked from or given him stands. If he refuses we press on. We may be a bit weaker than we would like but there is still much healing left and there is raise dead as well. Tis simply a matter of a known danger of the sword taking control of one of us unnoticed vs the unknown of the next test. In this case I choose the unknown."

Turning to Ulthok, "Well what say ye lad? Will ya submit to the plan of the group?"

Cor waited for an answer.


Posted on 2009-11-05 at 15:10:09.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


hmmm

"I won't be bound either Cor... and I feel that your demands to bind Ulthok to another and have Cynil sleep on him is... unreasonable. We just need to sleep. We have members of the group to keep watch over us. If we should all sleep together instead of apart that would be justified I feel. But I won't be bound and I advise Ulthok not be either... or any of you... " she looks around to them all, and takes another step closer to the halfling, offering her support to him.


Posted on 2009-11-05 at 16:28:46.
Edited on 2009-11-06 at 13:31:48 by Merideth

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2184 Posts


Already lost

Cor shook his head. "Why do we even bother? The sword seeks to divide us and conquer us one by one. I have tried to avoid this and only agreed to accept the burden of leader that the rest of you were unwilling to bear and now you all want to do your own thing the first time you do not like a decision of mine. You had not the courage to lead and neither do you have the loyalty to follow and I guess your words were naught but lies. The evil in the sword must be overjoyed for it has found allies this day. Do as you wish for I now see that was your plan all along."

A very dejected knight-cleric turned to Althena, "Well lass, where do you cast your lot in this? Tis you alone that matter and my life is still pledged to see you carry out your destiny."


Posted on 2009-11-06 at 15:13:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Althena's Words

Althena had remained quiet for the most part as she had not wanted to interfere but Cor’s new words and his push to get her involved meant enough was enough.

“Cor, Ulthok both of you and everyone stop this!! There is no call for this!!”
Turning to Cor first she faced him dead on daring him to say anything till she was done speaking.

“Cor you started this by your order that everyone sleeping was to be tied up. Tied up in hostile tunnels with a mind controlling sword able to send any semi-intelligent creature both living or dead against us. Did you not realize that out of all of us only 2, myself and Kenji, need no sleep to recover spells and such. Yet even he and I must get rest after what we all just endured. So only one of us would be awake on guard and that would leave only he and I to defend us all. Poor odds in my book as I am not a true fighter in that sense and Kenji though very adapt at his skill is but 1 man. What you asked is unfeasible and I for one stand with Haila and Ulthok that tying us up is the wrong call.” A last look at Cor to let him know her mind was made up she turned to Ulthok.

“And you why do you feel the need to rub your skills in his face, its oblivious you could easily have freed yourself. You did not need to belabor the point and as to Cor calling you ‘Lad’ that has nothing to do with age and you know that. Its just his way of referring to one he cares about, so stop being petty.”

With a deep breath she once again turned to Cor.

“Cor none of us here are doubting your leadership you have led us well but in this you made a wrong choice as we all have done in our lives. Do not feel as that makes you no longer our leader as I have no such thoughts. Since Alasdair’s death when we elected you leader you have lead us through much peril and pain and I hope you will continue to do so and take what happened here as not a breach of unity but of free speech.”

Taking a few steps back she gave both a look and a big smile.

“So kiss and make up time,... OK well maybe not the kiss part”




Posted on 2009-11-06 at 20:47:59.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2184 Posts


No more

Cor listened to Althena's words and though he wanted to explain his actions there was no point. The group had chosen and the choice was to no longer follow. He had warned them that placing a long time memeber of an order built on following orders when given them was perhaps not the best idea but they had insisted. Well, no it was obvious exactly how big a mistake it had been for those who chose not to do as they were told were backed by others who wanted to discuss everything and come to a group consensus before acting and further those who didn't like the group decision would simply do as they wished anyway making the whole process a mute point.

Cor moved to a spot away from the group, against the door they had come through, and sat with his back against the door itself. "Do as you please for that is exactly what you were all going to do anyway. I will do what I can to see the mission completed." There would be no sleep for the dwarf this night nor any in the near future for he no longer trusted anyone in the group with his life.


Posted on 2009-11-07 at 15:05:36.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


A Rift...

Halia listened as Althena finally spoke up. Her own face was solemn as the woman critiqued both of the men for their actions. When she finally suggested that they 'kiss and make up' the tiniest hint of a smile perched on her corner of her lips.

For a moment it seemed that the words of Althena would do the trick, but that moment was shattered when Cor spoke up.

In amazement Halia watched as he walked off from the group, sectioning himself away from them and relinquishing his position as leader.

She nearly winced at this action as it nearly brought physical pain upon her. But she wasn't sure what to do or say about any of it. Her own position in the group was so very precarious after her own fall to the sword. Of course now she feared that Cor would be next. Solidarity and trust was the greatest armor against such a weapon.

But everyone had tried to get the group together and it had failed. She refused to become a victim to the sword again herself.

In the end she walked over to Ulthok, put a hand on his shoulder and looked around before speaking.

"Perhaps we should all just get some rest, sleeping as close together as we can... perhaps things will look better in the morning."



Posted on 2009-11-07 at 15:13:57.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


What's in a name anyway?

The golden-haired man regarded the half-breed, trying to discern his intentions, trying to find any falsehood in the creature.

Allanan found none. Instead, the unknown-warrior found himself filled with compassion and empathy for the half-breed, Maggot.

Sheathing his sword, Allanan removed his backpack and fetched out two days’ ration and his waterskin. He tossed the pouches of food and water to the man as he spoke, “Here. It is not fresh bread, but it may help stave off hunger.”

He paused for a moment, allowing Maggot to open the pouch. Allanan also withdrew some dried food from his backpack for himself and ate of it so the half-breed might know that it was safe.

The golden-haired man continued, “My story is not unlike yours, Traveller, for I also cannot remember my name from before a few days ago. And, like yourself, I have been given a name as well.” Looking sideways at Sirene, the man continued, “My name is Allanan. My companion is Sirene. And, we are indeed heading into the mountain. Does your journey also take you into her depths?”



Posted on 2009-11-07 at 17:03:10.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


The morning meal and good conversation

Maggot took the food pouches and opened them carefully, “Thank you.” He said to the man with his blade sheathed. Who also took out some dry food and took a bite or two. Maggot thought they were going to join him for his morning meal but that was all the man ate and the She Elf took nothing. Maggot began to eat the morning meal with all the grace and dignity of one who sat at the King’s very own table.

While Maggot ate the man spoke, “My story is not unlike yours, Traveler, for I also cannot remember my name from before a few days ago. And, like yourself, I have been given a name as well.” Looking sideways at Sirene, the man continued, “My name is Allanan. My companion is Sirene. And, we are indeed heading into the mountain. Does your journey also take you into her depths?”

Maggot ended his meal, about a quarters day worth of rations with a sip from the water skin as the final question was asked. Maggot then empted nothing but sand from the dead blobs pack, “They must live on sand alone, an odd creature they are.” Maggot then carefully put his old pack into his new one. Maggot offered the unopened food pouch back to Allanan and then wrapped up the opened food pouch and carefully stored that in his new pack as well. Standing Maggot handed the skin back to the one called Allanan, “Once more I thank you Allanan the Well Traveled,” then turning to the She Elf and with a low bow, “I also thank the Lady Sirene, Companion and Healer, but I think the good Allanana and I will not be requiring any healing this day.”

Maggot then looked at the entrance of the cave, “For many years I have walked these lands and many times I have come to this very spot never to go inside again. But I think this day will be different. I think I will go inside,” turning to face Allanana and the Lady Sirene, “With your permit that is.” Maggot then turned back to the cave entrance, “And I will see what I can do to help the Good Allanan and the Lady Sirene.


Posted on 2009-11-07 at 21:20:42.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1253 Posts


Sirène

SIréne watched the disheveled half elf closely. Had it been the will of the Goddess that he came to them? The Lady had sent her from the groves of her elven home with only dreams and events to guide her. Yet she knew that she must past into the world of the short-lived to see the will of the Queen of Heaven done. For all her life she had placed all trust in the will of the Goddess, letting events, visions, and voices dictate her every choice. The Lady spoke through whatever means needed.

Her eyes followed Maggot as he spoke of coming to this place many times before only never to enter, not until now. Siréne and Allanan were to enter the cave and so would Maggot, the Goddess had spoken and made her will known.

"Very well," Siréne spoke up as she moved to the mouth of the cave, "Let us go forth together."


Posted on 2009-11-08 at 17:18:17.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


And away we go.

Maggot smiles, “Yes, we will go fourth and I will lead the way if you wish.” As he took a step forward Maggot paused and looked over his left shoulder away from the other two, “Yes! I am going in this time. Well you don’t have to if you do not want to. Look these good people might need my help and if I can give it, I will. Hold on.”

Maggot then looked at the Lady Siréne and with a smile, “Could you two hold on one second?”

Maggot them took only two steps away from the others and continued his conversation with his brother. Eyes turned to the horizon Maggot continued as loud if not louder as if he were now agitated, “Look, if I go in there and help these good people we might find Her! The good people might also do what we could not. Also how would you feel if you could help and you did not? So look if you wish to stay out here and see me on the other side of this mountain then so be it. Or you can go in with us. I don’t care.” Maggot then and took the two steps back to the cave entrance.

With a smile to the other two, “It is not like he could help us anyway.” He then leans in close and speaking in a whisper, “You see he is not very good with a blade, but don’t tell him that. It would only upset him.” Maggot then steps inside only a step, “Opps I forgot, it is dark in here. Good Sir Allanan do you require light or do you feel around in the dark?”


Posted on 2009-11-09 at 01:54:43.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.