The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is xmasztime.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Sirène

Standing up from beside her golden haired companion Siréne regarded the monastic dwarf, "Wait..."

"We three have wandered into this mountain trusting in fate and the will of the Lady. Before we go further I would know why we sojourn into this forsaken place."


Posted on 2009-12-13 at 20:38:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Oops roadblock

DROW MOUNTAIN
With the so called short intro’s apparently over for the moment, clear to anyone listening, there was still a sense of unease between the two groups. Many a good point had been brought up that the 3 people before could very well be a sword created illusion meant to throw all off guard, yet how to really prove such a thing.

Conall’s ability to Detect Evil had indeed detected such from the group yet not in any true threat level. For the moment the realness or unrealness of this group of 3 was put to the side as Cor eager to move on invited these same newcomers to travel with them.

As gear was gathered and Cor’s group readied to move out, Ulthok once more to lead, it all once more came to a sudden halt halt as the Lady Sirène quietly spoke

"Wait..." A small pause as she looked at all, her eyes finally setting on the Dwarf Knight Cleric

"We three have wandered into this mountain trusting in fate and the will of the Lady. Before we go further I would know why we sojourn into this forsaken place."

In that one simple statement it was realized by the member’s of Cor’s group that one perhaps two out of three, the first specifically the Lady Sirène, of this new party had no idea the reason’s, or the threat, that lay within this mountain.

In the case of the second, the one calling himself Maggot, it was in of itself a stranger one. His sanity unsure and clearly in question, from talking to an unseen family member, to his hard to believe comments of his age, not to mention his alleged friendship with the ancient Wizard Allanan. The same Allanan who over 1200 years ago had created these tests and with them references to having been in these very hallways before. What was known by him or better to say remembered by him was unknown.

However for the moment a question had been asked and it was clear that the Elvin Lady Sirène would go nowhere until it was answered....................

(DM OOC: OK here’s this week’s post as to my next post I will wait and see how the posting goes this week and decide if there is enough info to post on next Sunday. If there is not my next post will be on January 3rd after the Christmas and New Year holidays.

To Nimu a cynical thank you goes out as I had this week’s post written as to the move to the next test and what was found, but had to rewrite it due to your post and question. Not even I realized that character wise you have no idea about the Sword or anything related to the main storyline and your question was well timed.

Ok with that said to everyone if I do not post next Sunday I will say it here and now that I hope for each and everyone of you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.)


Posted on 2009-12-14 at 04:21:31.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2206 Posts


Why you ask?

Cor looked at the lass, "Why? Well seems ta me ya ken the answer yourself already. You follow the will of the Lady. For one such as I knowing I follow the wishes of my god tis enough a reason but seems you wish another as well. Seems we were given the wee task of recovering a sword that is a harbringer of the end of the world and trek to the one place it can be destroyed. That lass there" Cor motioned to Althena "Tis the only one ken find the way. Apprently the way runs straight through this fun house." Cor paused a moment. "Is that a good enough reason for ya? If nay tis then there is always the odd bit of loot we find."


Posted on 2009-12-16 at 15:22:32.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Aye, what he said...

[OOC: Sorry, all, for my flakeyness as of late... bad timing for sure. I'm in the midst of a rather busy time of work and family which will likely continue for the next 2 weeks. So, I'm just skipping over a bunch and going straight to Tann's last update. Again, my apologies, as there were so many RP opportunities in the last two rounds. Anyway...]

As the group prepared to leave, Alasdair's companion for the last few days, Sirene, probed a bit deeper into what exactly this mission was all about. Cor, with typical brash-yet-jovial tones, gave a brief reply. When finished, Alasdair added his own summary:

"Lady Sirene, my deepest apologies," the golden-haired man said as he looked into her alluring-yet-cool eyes. By the gods, she is fair... the thought ran through his mind with a tinge of guilt. "Sir Cor speaks the truth -- We have indeed been given a most sacred task. The sword, of which my dear companion speaks, is so full of hate and malice for the people of this world that it would twist the souls of even the most noble-hearted should one possess it for long. It is relentless in it's purpose, unceasingly patient, waiting for the right moment to usher in it's dark lord's reign. Our only hope is it's destruction, which, by Sir Cor's words, seems to lie here, in this mountain."

"I apologize if I have mislead you, fair Lady of the Woods," said the golden-haired man with a bow. "I believe now that the voice I heard in my dreams, the voice of the lady unknown, was the voice of my love, Athena," Alasdair said this as he gazed into Athena's eyes, "calling to me, drawing me to herself."

"And, yet," he turned back to Sirene. "There are still mysteries unknown to me. When I was rescued from the pit of the Abyss, the heavenly creature who came to my aid said to me that 'The Lady' had send him. And, over the last few days, as you have taught me, m'Lady, of the wonder and beauty of your goddess, how my heart burned within me."

He paused for a moment to consider his words. "I do not know, m'Lady, if your path does continue to entwine with mine. But should the Goddess will it, I would be most grateful."

Alasdair bowed down on one knee to her. "You, Lady Sirene, were the first to show me kindness upon my return to this fair world. You were the first to clothing me and care for me. You named me when I knew who I was. You protected me from the dangers of the woods. And you journeyed with me, though you knew not where it would lead you."

Looking up again into the elf's fair face, he continued, "You have been more than a companion; You have been a friend, true and gracious." His eyes returned to the ground. "For this, I can only offer you my friendship in return. For my life is sworn to see the destruction of this sword. And my love has already been pledged to another."

[OOC: Edit --> Apparently I don't know how to spell my character's real name. This has been corrected. ]


Posted on 2009-12-17 at 21:18:52.
Edited on 2009-12-18 at 00:18:49 by Ayrn

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne listens quietly to Alasdair's reply to the elven female's question. There was nothing she could or would add to what Alasdair explained about the quest they were on.

She had joined the group even though she was just to have delivered a message to them--their task was that important. Rayne felt she could be of help after they had lost some of their group.

The two new ones who had come with Alasdair deserved to hear what the rest of them were about. THe task had proved dangerous.= and it was also only fair that they knew that so that they could make their own decision.

"You must be told that this whole complex is a series of tests to the mettle of the ones who come here. We have lost several of our group to the difficult tests we face." The elven ranger speaks frankly after Alasdair did. "Your decision to go or stay should be considered based on this knowledge."


Posted on 2009-12-17 at 22:52:27.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Impatience

Kenji sighed slightly as the topic of what exactly was going on was raised by one of the new comers. The Samurai leaned against the wall and waited as the others explained what was happening here. He did wonder silently why the Lady had come if she didnt know why she was here? It didnt matter to him.. he knew why he was here and he was impatient to continue this quest and see it to the end.

Once all was explained and they were ready to head out, Kenji took his usual place in line behind Ulthok as he scouted the way and checked for any possible traps or dangers in their path.. though it seemed like the only place for those were in those cursed rooms... but one never could be too cautious.


(OOC: My last post until after the holidays... got things to do.. family to see.. all that jazz. Happy Holidays to all.. and a Happy New Year! Hope to see you all well and good in the new year.)



Posted on 2009-12-18 at 12:44:53.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Sirène

Siréne gazed at the man she had named Allanan, it would take some time for her to see him as Alasdair. Despite his doubts the Queen of Heaven had led her to where she needed to be. Before she had even met Alasdair dark visions had haunted her reverie and eventually led her to leave behind the forest grove that had been her home for near two centuries. At the foot of the very mountain Siréne had beseeched the Lady and She had sent them forth into it's caverns. All along it had been the will of the Great Goddess that Siréne enter this place, she would go on.

The elf laid her hand's on Alasdair's shoulder's guiding him up to stand before her, "There is no need to kneel before me my friend, nor is there any need for apology. The Lady saw her will done."

"I will not abandon you now that the road has become difficult. If the fate of the very world is at stake who am I to sit idle?"

Siréne paused a moment before continuing in a soft tone, "And my friend, now that your memories have been restored you must tell me of your time in the abyss and how you escaped. Perhaps together we can puzzle out its meaning."

Sparing one last glance to Alasdair the enchantress turned to face the group of your companions before your. Addressing all she spoke, "I accept your offer to travel forth with you, from this point forward our lives are in one another's hands."


Posted on 2009-12-20 at 19:54:46.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil smiled up an Conall and then took up her staff and went to the middle of the marching order.

She wondered what would come next, they were still a number of rooms away from the place where the Sword would be found.


Posted on 2009-12-21 at 03:56:14.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Doubts

Halia had stood back through this whole reunion. While the rest were debating who should join and to whom they would give leadership to while also exchanging pleasantries, she fell back and decided to partake in a bit more breakfast. Gnawing on a bit of jerky she considered her conflicting thoughts.

Last night Cor was ready to tie us all up because he didn’t trust us. This morning Aladsair returns, against all odds, and with two strangers and he embraces them. Aladsair was dead, just as so many of the others were. Yet against all odds he stood before them now.

But no one was questioning that. No one was questioning what the other’s were doing with him either. Everyone was simply too excited. Too excited to consider what really needed to be considered.

A line of fur ran against her leg and she looked down to catch her kitty curling around her ankles.

Okay… you are right, maybe I’m just a little upset that it is Aladsair instead of someof the others that have disappeared during this journey.

Either way these thoughts are not safe…
she reminded herself thinking of the sword, then sighed slightly and glanced over at Ulthok a moment.



Posted on 2010-01-02 at 20:03:04.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


And away we go

DROW MOUNTAIN
With the how’s and why’s of the reason’s for all to be here agreed upon and understood it was time once again to move forward towards the next room/test.

With the newest member Maggot clearly relegated to the rear of the group, his smell as he himself had stated, quite rank, it was Ulthok who once more took the party lead. Within roughly 15 few minutes and a number of turns they found themselves in front of yet another same style wooden door as all the rest, yet this one facing south. A quick check for traps and with finding none the door Ulthok opened and this new larger party of ten did enter.

As the party gazed around they found themselves in a 40x30 room running east to west empty but for 4 human sized mirrors on the west wall facing away from the south, now north, door. The light in this room is of an amber haze with no visible source as to why, with Maggot’s entrance the door as had those before closed and another magic mouth appeared.

Mirrors, mirrors 4 on the wall
4 must look, Tall or Small.

Mirrors, mirrors 4 on the wall
4 must look, at the same time all

Mirrors, mirrors 4 on the wall
the 4 who look may bring death to all.

With this the Mouth disappears and you can get a better look at the 4 mirrors before you and even see reflections in the glass panes though your not standing in front of them.

The first of the mirrors closest is the color of Red and is framed in bronze, as the light from the room hit’s the glass it seems to reflect into a jumble of flames with ghostly figures dancing within them.

The second mirror is the color of Black and is framed in white bone, clearly well made ivory, and it seems to reflect nothing. The light from the room seems to disappear into it’s depths as if that of a black hole.

The third mirror is the color of White, both glass and frame, and the amber light hitting the mirror’s glass surface seems to become very fluid and smoky as if the glass were almost a living gasous creature.

The fourth and last mirror is a multi colored Blue in a pure gold frame. The rooms amber haze appears to hit its surface and ripple as if looking into a deep blue pool of moving water.

The room, its amber haze, and the 4 mirrors quietly await the parties next move..................


(DM OOC: Ok welcome back from the Christmas/New Year’s haitus its time to get the game rolling once more. You have the next test before you, have at it warriors!! Next post Next Sunday)


Posted on 2010-01-04 at 08:23:34.
Edited on 2010-01-04 at 08:25:04 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A little short...


Kenji stepped into the room of mirrors; he sighed inwardly for here was another puzzle for the group to solve in order to survive and continue onward. The samurai tired of such games; what was it about mages and such where they had to pit their wits against others. They had such egos that they had to prove to everyone that they had superior minds.

Didn’t they realize that when some beast or man was bearing down upon you at close range with only a second to react; all that really mattered was if you could kill your attacker in that split second. From what he had seen mages needed a few seconds or longer to cast their spells; a blade was far quicker and he would trust to them every time over any sort of magic.

He took a few more steps into the room and looked around at the strange mirrors; he wondered what sort of devious trap these presented to their party. 4 must look, at the same time all It could only mean that four of them had to stand in front of the mirror and look into them at the same time. But which four? Did it matter? What would happen when the four looked? Would they be turned against the rest of the party? the 4 who look may bring death to all Maybe, but it looked like they would have to find out if they wished to continue.

“Well, it seems obvious what must be done,” Kenji addressed the others as they all came into the room, “but who will look and into which mirror?” Some how he got the impression that which mirror was just as important as who looked into it.

(Well I was hoping others would posted and some orders or ideas tossed out.. but since nothing.. here is my generic samurai post )


Posted on 2010-01-08 at 12:20:20.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2206 Posts


mirrors

Cor listened to the voice and when it ended he glanced at teh outlines of the mirrors. (OOC only gettign the description already posted not moving to look at them) "I believe the four mirrors represent the four elements, earth, air, fire and water. These are the things from which all things are made and all things return. Seems our Samauri friend is getting the idea of the thinking games and I believe he is correct that four individuals must look at once upon the mirrors. As for who, perhaps the first clue means that the four should be of balanced height just as the elements must be in balance. Which 4 amoung us is closest in height? (OCC: some DM help on this one please) Perhaps all four should stand in teh center of the room backs together and upon an agreed count open their eyes and look into the mirrors. What say the rest of you?" Cor waited for a response.


DM OOC: The closet in height to the mirrors height of 6' would be in order of tallest to smallest= Alasdair, Althena, Kenji, Maggot, Cynil, Conall, Rayne, Sirène, Haila, Cor and finally Ulthok. If you want the exact measurements see the character sheets.


Posted on 2010-01-08 at 13:34:49.
Edited on 2010-01-08 at 21:57:52 by TannTalas

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Halia

"Height?" She rose a brow and glanced back at the mirrors.

"We are going to select who looks at the mirrors by height?" A sigh.

"I agree that they seem to be representatives of the elements. But perhaps height is not the best respresentative of balance. Why not go with eye color or how big our swords are at that rate. Perhaps something... more..." she snaps her fingers together "well more something than how tall we are."

She sighs. "What about trying to find people who would be akin to each of the elements. Someone with a great fire in them on the red mirror... perhaps Cor? Althena perhaps for the white... calm and thinking... water... and air... I don't know... but... I fear a bad outcome if we go on something so simple as height."


Posted on 2010-01-08 at 21:38:28.

Eol Fefalas
Turning Capashanese
RDI Staff
Karma: 448/28
7350 Posts


Agreed...

Ulthok was still studying the mirrors and turning the magic mouth's words over in his mind when Cor made his suggestion to stand party members before each of them based upon height... I think there's more to it than that, the halfling mused, how many times in our have we encountered one of these riddles and found the words to be less than half of the puzzle? And how many have we lost as result of heeding the words above the other clues?
He was prepared to voice his own concerns when Halia spoke up and gave voice to similar thoughts. He smiled at the woman's wisdom and offered a nod of appreciation as her words helped pull together his own musings into something more than they had been before he had heard them.

"I think the lady's right, here, Cor," he offered his concurrence, "It's gotta be more than height and balance... hadn't gotten as far as matching personalities with the elemental representations, myself, but now that she's said it, it makes sense."


Posted on 2010-01-08 at 21:58:19.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

"OK, in the peg room we used some of the riddles we learned back at the beginning. I believe Ulthok is right and along with that we should try to see if there are any clues in the riddle that will help. Hopefully," said the druidess, "we can figure what the clues as faster than before."

“Breath deep your gatherings doom
Torches will flare room to room
Who of you to live or to die
Only you, he, she, fate will decide”

“Black hearted sword that rules the night
Hidden here from the light
Steals the colors from your sight
Into your mind it will bite”

“Black-red, yellow-white
What is wrong, yet what is right
Is it up, is it down, is it all around
Is it real or is it false, a mirror image
can you find the truth inside the illusion
that you call your life.”

"That last part is what fits here:

Is it up, is it down, is it all around
Is it real or is it false, a mirror image
can you find the truth inside the illusion
that you call your life.”



Posted on 2010-01-09 at 02:20:31.
Edited on 2010-01-09 at 02:32:36 by Dragon Mistress

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.