The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is TMVPhuKhang.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Eol's Birthday (posted by Duncan74)Eol's Birthday
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Entertainment - Avengers Endgame (posted by Grugg)Avengers Endgame
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"If that is the darkness of the element of earth, then I might be best there for I can meld with stone."

She sighed, "If it is beyond that then I might be all wrong is my choice."


Posted on 2010-01-14 at 04:58:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Posting as Alasdair / Althena

As the big Paladin quietly listened to the others in this newer larger party as each gave up their thoughts he himself suddenly had one.

"What if the mirrors in truth mean nothing, what if the amber light in this room, so unlike the rest of these tests, is what is causing the mirrors to reflect what we are seeing?.

He then turned to Althena and waited as if for her to also speak. Seeing Alasdair looking at her she took his hand in hers and addressed the rest of the party.

"All I can say is I feel no psionic waves from them. For all my abilities they appear normal. Does anyone have the spell detect magic perhaps?.


Posted on 2010-01-14 at 18:02:23.
Edited on 2010-01-14 at 18:03:13 by TannTalas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"Ulthok or Haila maybe learned those spells for today if not we can wait since nothing has happened so far."

Tayne looked at the amber light thinking through things, carefully.

"Wasn't there something in the riddle about chchoosing between what was real and what was illusion." So it may be those mirror reflections are illusion and reality is something else and that something else is our way out of her. Does someone have a spell with full spectrum light or perhaps just light?"

Eayne hopes that her idea might helpp continue their process of finding the way out of this room, but then adds. "That doesn't address the fact that it says four must look into the mirrors at the same time though just that mayber if the light was changed nothing bad might happen."


Posted on 2010-01-14 at 20:53:35.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Conall

Conall observed the mirrors listening to the members discuss what was going on. The myriad words which were going on were all tinkering into his head, chipping away as something was clicking in his brain. Four must look... Four mirrors... Four must look... But...

"It says that four must look at the mirrors... and conveniently there are four mirrors... But does it mean that the four people must look at one different mirror? Or is it possible four must look at a single mirror, or anywhere in between?"


Posted on 2010-01-15 at 02:00:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


good catch

"Well done lad, the wee amber light and nay the mirrors might be the key. Think again about the words the mouth spoke. It did nay ever really said to look into the mirrors; it is us that took it that way. It simply repeated that there are mirrirs and that four must look at the same time. Perhaps what is looked at determines our fate. What if the four stand before the mirrors but look nay into them but rather all look inward at the light?"


Posted on 2010-01-15 at 13:32:11.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


A positive response... for once

Halia nodded and looked up when they had begun to speak of spells.

"I have a light spell and one that detects the presence of magic as well as evil. I shall see what I can cast here. While I am occupied with that, perhaps putting something else before the mirrors and seeing how they reflect the image back..." She shrugs not certian of her own idea here but it is an idea all the same.

She then turns to face the mirrors instead of the group and begins the incantations that might prove to be useful.

((OOC: Will attempt to cast Detect Magic, Detect Evil and then Light if possible in that order so however the timeliness/success works I leave to you Tann ))


Posted on 2010-01-15 at 13:50:54.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The waiting... is the hardest part...

Kenji simply leaned against the side wall watching as the others tossed ideas back and forth. He didn’t take feel any slight at the dismissal of his simple voiced thought; it was just that something that came to mind and he had mentioned it. He was bored waiting for something to happen otherwise he probably wouldn’t have said anything at all.

He watched quietly as plans were made and spells were being cast and while he didn’t move he was aware of all around him; his sword ready to spring out without hesitation if the need arose. He knew that something eventually would attack them, he just wished they could battle their way to the object they sought and didn’t have to face these puzzles and traps.


Posted on 2010-01-15 at 16:26:57.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Sirčne

As the others discussed the mirrors and the amber light Siréne stood in silence. There were far too many courses to follow and choosing the wrong one would certainly lead to peril of some sort. She would have to place her faith in the Queen of Heaven and let Her show the way.

Gripping the rune stones tightly the elf stepped forward to glance at the mirrors. In a smooth motion Siréne lifted the stones to her lips letting her breath run through them.

She let her eyes grow distant and began speak in soft sing-song tones, "Great Lady, Queen of Heaven, to you I call. Must we look into the mirrors? What shall befall?"

As the last words left her lips Siréne tossed the handful of stones in the air. The small stones danced in the air before falling back into the palm of her hand. With a soft breath the elf turned her gaze to the runes in her hand and awaited her answer.

((OOC - Casts Augury))


Posted on 2010-01-17 at 22:09:55.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Sorta short post LOL

With many idea’s, thoughts, and possible outcomes if a wrong choice was made talked about by most of this 10 person party, the time for some to take action had arrived.
Hoping to get a better idea of what they faced both Cor and Sirčne cast Augury.

Cor calling to the god Odin asked a very simple question, if evil did approach towards them, and was granted a yes as his answer.
However with Sirčne, her question more twofold, the answer came back quite vague

To look is to behold what you, perhaps, must see. Yet not to look is not to behold that which, perhaps, will set you free
The next member of the party to act was the lady Haila as she cast the asked for spells of Detect Magic and Detect Evil, finding the mirrors to indeed be of a magical nature.
However her spell of Detect Evil had a strange effect, as a long wrapped object on Maggots back glowed strongly where as the mirrors, and the room, did not.

With a frown on her face upon seeing the glow on the Ranger/Bard’s back, she decided to cast 1 more spell that of Light, and watched as it burst into being. However it too acted strangely as within minutes it started to fade and was gone, seemingly absorbed by the amber light, as if the amber had drained it.

With two Auguries and three spells cast some information gathered yet some information, the evil thing for one on Maggot’s back, seemingly yet to be revealed.

(DM OOC: Ok finally got my Internet back this morning so here’s this week’s DM post . Ok so you have the spell / Augury results so I hope they help…. Ok not, but I am the DM after all. )


Posted on 2010-01-18 at 18:01:16.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


Questions

Cor watched the mirrors glow as the detect magic spell took effect; he had not expected otherwise. What he did not expect was the result of the detect evil spell. The mirrors did not glow but the newcomer's backback did. "Alright lad, care to explain that glow? No sudden moves until we hear you out."

Cor waited for the answer.

OOC: Assuming an appropriate answer is given.

"Very well. Now for the matter of the mirrors. Unless anyone has an objection, I and three volunteers will stand by the mirrors and look inward at the glowing thing. Who wants to volunteer?"


Posted on 2010-01-20 at 18:27:35.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Volunteer...

Hearing Cor speaking to one of the new comers, the ‘smeller’, Kenji perked up and stood a little straighter thinking from Cor’s tone that something was wrong here. He moved a little closer to the newcomer and waited as Cor questioned him about something; what the Samurai didn’t know but it seemed to upset Cor and the mention of “no sudden moves until we hear you out” got Kenji’s attention.

After that encounter is over (willing to post more regarding this if the need arises)

"Very well. Now for the matter of the mirrors. Unless anyone has an objection, I and three volunteers will stand by the mirrors and look inward at the glowing thing. Who wants to volunteer?"

“I would be willing to do it,” Kenji said as he stepped forward at Cor’s request, “as long as no ‘special’ requirements are necessary.” If all he had to do was look, then he felt he could participate. He felt awkward at times like this and didn’t want them to see him as useless except in battle.



Posted on 2010-01-21 at 12:31:30.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


that is one

"Very well Kenji you are the first volunteer. Whether or not any 'special' powers are required none of us know. Could be just as important the gazers nae have powers as it is that such would help. Anyone else care to volunteer?"



Posted on 2010-01-21 at 13:07:04.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Halia

She watched all of this, the stinky fellow had given an explaination for the glowing bit on his back, but it still made her uneasy.

((OOC: assuming he did give a viable explaination as the rest have, will change/add to this as necessary))

Cor was now calling for volunteers to stand before the mirror. His eyes moved over eveyone and she slowly shook her head when they passed over her.

Despite Ulthok's best attempts she was still feeling the pains of doubt rolling in her stomach. Something was desperatly wrong about all of this, too many people had lost their lives already. She should not be the one to stand before the mirrors in this state. It was not really fear so much as it was concern for her fellow travellers. If her doubt tainted whatever was about to happen it would only make it worse on them.

"I think I will stand back. I will be of more use in assisting those on the sidelines if something goes wrong I believe." She bowed her head respectfully to Cor and took a step back toward the wall instead of toward the mirrors.

((OOC: Tann, when the volunteers are all gathered and begin to look into the mirrors Halia will cast that protection spell I asked you about last week on herself and will stay viligant))


Posted on 2010-01-21 at 15:45:58.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


pass

"Thank you Halia, tis good to know a competant las like yourself will be watching our backs." Cor found no fault in one who understood their limits and stayed within them; only the foolish thought themselves masters of all things.


Posted on 2010-01-21 at 17:23:40.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne's long life and introspective nature had given her a good understanding of her strengths and weaknesses. That kept her alive. hat knowledge was vital to what she did and what she worked on to improve her skills and abilities. She wasn't the best fighter, not like Kenji who was the best fighters in this group, she wasn't a powerful spellcaster or cleric as others who had chosen a single life path, but she did combine aspects of all three.

"I will stand before one of the mirrors as well, when the decision is made." responded Rayne to Cor's request for volunteers. "I can use weapons and have spells as well and can cast a few to help me whatever happens."




Posted on 2010-01-21 at 19:47:59.
Edited on 2010-01-22 at 20:34:11 by Brianna

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.