The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


And so the End Begins

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

And So The End Begins
Posted on 8/23/2005 at 9:02:20 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Party a door before them all members ready to enter a room to rescue the one sought.
A Cavalier with the power to find the lady in question, a human bloodhound he had become.
A confrontation with an Evil Cleric very close....

Everyone was ready a door to be opened a room for all to rush into. They would save Althena or die in the attempt there was no middle ground for them now. Their goal as far as they knew possibly lay before them.

Then as if coming out of a daze of pain and with a vision firmly in his head Alasdair did speak.

"In truth my insight tells me that the path to her is not through this door, but rather down the hallway to the South, then East. With time being short I would suggest that I take the lead and search quickly before she is killed."

At first the Cavalier's words were met by a touch of sarcasm from Cor and a sense of doubt from Conall. But after a short yet strong stand behind his words Alasdair got his point across to all. The Lady Althena was not behind this door.
So the party now with Alasdair in the lead, again moving as one and in total agreement as to its course moved on.

As they moved they took no note of the silence of the Lady Haila. Who though now free was still emotionally caught inside an area of anger and the need to kill. No words escaped her and the need to find peace not yet come to her. Her mind still trapped somewhat inside itself.

To the South they traveled following the tunnel for 60 feet and to its turn to the east the Cavalier in the lead. After the Eastward turn the tunnel was seen to run beyond line of sight with a door standing upon the South wall of the tunnel 40 feet away. It was strange that no creatures of Evil had they yet encountered. The hallways bare of life.
As Alasdair made to pass the door he stopped as if searching.

"She was held here I can sense the pain endured by her here. There are others yet held captive inside. This is a prison room make note so as we may return to free the ones held within."

With that moving on they came after moving 40 feet to another branch, again this one to the South did go. To the east 30 feet ahead the tunnel ended at an Eastern standing door. Without a moments hesitation the Cavalier did turn South the trip short. The tunnel turning West after 45 feet of travel by the party. Guttural voices heard, then the slam of a door the only sounds before them. Silence for the most part accompanying the party upon its way.
The strangeness of such unnerving to some.

To the West they moved and 80 feet a door as heard slamming earlier was found many voices heard on the other side. The tone and language as that of the Half-Gnolls already encountered in these halls. The way back would be a running battle if this tunnel now traveled was the only way to escape. For once battle with the Cleric was forced the halls quiet now would surely ring with the sound of steel and death.

Passing the door without a sound 3 Humans, 2 Elf’s, a Dwarf, a Halfling, a Gnome and even a cat could clearly hear and know many an enemy lurked behind the now past door. Would they face them yet in battle only the Gods might know the answer to that question.
Onward the party yet moved, the tunnel seemingly never-ending.

Alasdair still moving forward , no words spoken, no words needed. The party on high alert they could feel it in their bones that the one’s they sought, one good, one evil were both near.

A complete turn within 50 feet of tunnel and the party found themselves moving to the East once again. Alasdair came to a fast stop for there 30 feet before him stood a door of metal where all before it had been of wood. Conall gasped and almost went to his knees as he came within its sight, for evil poured from the door and room beyond as if a river overflowing.

Alasdair turned to all and again spoke quietly.

"The Lady Althena lies within she is near death as we speak. We mus..."

"YES SHE IS!!"

A thunderous voice cut Alasdair off and where a moment before a door of metal the party had once stood before was now the inside of a large 70’ by 70’room.

To the party’s front at once could be seen that of a man dressed in a white and yellow robe, with plate mail Armor possibly worn underneath. Twin black maces full of red spikes hanging at his sides, his face hidden behind a helm of blue plate.

The floor beneath him, upon which he stood, that of a circle scribed with blood, runes and symbols of evil many. At his left side a post of wood in the shape of a T covered in blood and pieces of skin. Upon the T was hung the body of a red haired women, naked and slowly bleeding from a few newly opened wounds.
From what little could be seen of her face it was clear it was swollen from many beatings and knife cuts. Her breasts though yet full had been cut in many places and then clearly cauterized. Her whole body bore many the mark of fire burned into her skin and the mark of a whip slammed across flesh. The area below her waist hairless and a mass of bruises and dried blood. Clearly near death was she her chest barely raising as she breathed, her head not moving to view your entrance.

The Cleric of evil to you then speaks.

"Welcome fools your quest ends here we have followed you since the death of my dragon. For that and the pain of it I shall be very glad to end each of yours life."

"SILENCE!!"

The same booming voice as heard in the tunnel before the metal door is heard again, drawing the party’s attention to the most striking and seemingly out of place sight in the room. Hanging as it was upon the air to the Clerics right a portal of fire with a face within.
The face itself very beautiful and handsome as if a cross between women and man. Eyes of the purest blue and black gazed upon the party as if in recognition clearly in some way surprised to see them. The party as a whole entranced by the beauty of this man stood unmoving. And then he spoke in low melodious tone, the sound of his voice like music to the party’s ears.

"I know some of you from the past of time and must admit I am very surprised to see you here now but am glad all the same as I will now have the revenge I thought lost to me due to time. But how it is you come forward to this place is of no concern as you shall not be allowed to defeat me a second time. All of you both new and old will die here without a limb lifted to defend yourselves.
Kill them Krelis as I watch."

The portal and the face within now silent the Cleric now called Krelis moves forward his hands in gestures moving. The room once empty but for the party and the 3 now a host to many.

Beside the Cleric 2 to each side a pair of shadowy creatures seemingly all claws and teeth.
The sound of metal across the floor clearly heralding the arrival of yet more foes the chatter among them as that of a number of Half-Gnolls. The party each unable to move as if held tight in a vise could not count their number. All they saw before them was that beautiful face full of wonder and awe. A face of peace, a face of a friend. Why was it they had come here again, for what purpose had they thought to cause harm to him. The creatures of evil before them in no way a threat to them, all would be okay.

As the weapons of the party’s new `friends` began to fall everything changed.

As if from a pit of hell a sound like none had ever heard before was heard. A sound of pain unmatched by any other, a sound of anger held in check too long, a sound of the deepest hatred ever to see the light of day. Time in and of itself seemed to stop the sound overpowering all its loudness and tone full of power and strength.

All among the party heard the call and found themselves once again free to act in defense of their life’s, the charm of beauty gone from their minds. For one party member in particular was the sound heard. It traveled deep and strong, the sound a feeling of pain shared horror, the right to feel anger, the right to take revenge. For Haila it was a dream come true and a kinship of sorts formed with the source of the sound.

For to the surprise of all in the room the sound was voiced from the body of one thought close to death, carried upon the power of Psionics and a link to yet another with power the same. Releasing the party, yet stunning the creatures that threatened them but only for a moment.
As with all things as such do the sound was gone quickly and all moved as normal once again.

"KILL THEM, KILL THEM NOW ALLOW THEM NOT TO LEAVE THESE HALLS ALIVE. KILL THEM KRELIS OR YOUR LIFE TO ME WILL BE FORFIT.

With that the portal of fire and its beautiful face was gone and the battle began.....

A Party in dire straits, enemies all around. Outnumbered, outgunned, low on spells, no help in sight would they yet prevail, a clock stopped and the Gods watching from above. Valhalla awaiting any to fall.......


(OOC: Ok guys and Lady here it be the battle you all have been waiting for. You are basically in the middle of the room. The range is too close to use bows unless specialized which none of you guys are I believe. Due to the scream you have the time to arm yourselves. Initiative is simultaneous.
You face the following
1 Cleric LvL unknown standing inside the blood circle. He seems to be talking to himself.
4 Shadow’s moving forward to attack from in front of you.
13 Half-Gnolls spaced behind you and to your sides 5 behind, 4 to the left, 4 to the right.

Good luck all, choose your actions carefully characters more then anywhere else in this first part of the Tril War can die here. This battle will be the toughest so far.
Next post as always will be Monday unless EVERYONE posts before then. If you all do post before then I will post early ok.

Again good luck)



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:19:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


76

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Water he has kept hidden.
Posted on 8/23/2005 at 12:53:13 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following closly as they wind south then west then sout then west it seemed like a nonending maze they where in even if the find Sunblaze survive the battle with the cleric they still had to find their way back.

Suddenly they stood before a large iron door this was their destination, then before they could act they find themselves in the room standing before the evil cleric.At first for some reason that latter he will figure out he feels at peace and sees beauty later he will realize he was charmed.Then a scream heard brings him and the others back to reality and the evil they face.They are surrounded by 13 of the half gnoll creatures while 4 shadowy creatures attack from the front this could be their last battle if they make any mistakes.
Assesing the situation quickly he feels way to vunarable where he is at present.5 half gnolls behind 4 to each side 4 shadowy creatures to the front and the cleric who looks to be casting a spell.

(I think a OCC is going to be needed here to show what I'm about to do I can do and that I have what I say i do.Following are posts made on pg.'s 16,17, & 18.pg 16"he will take one of the empty vials he always carries in his pouch and fills it with the water from the fountain."pg 17 "Not caring what the others might think about him or what he is doing he will go over to the ladle and dipping it into the water pull it back out full, and then proceed to fill his now empty wine skin with the water. He will do this till it is full. Then returning it to his pack with the one small vial he had already filled."pg 18 "With both Cesair and Cor telling him that removing water from the fountain for anything other that immediate consumption was not going to be a good idea Ulthok pours the water from his wine skin back into the fountain." but you will notice he never says he gets rid of the flask full of water which he still carries with him.)


Ulthok belives that stopping the cleric from casting may be the most important thing to do first.Whatever he is casting can't be good for the group.Thinking quickly he remembers that he had held onto a glass vial of some enchanted water from the monastary where this had all started.He knows it was from a the deity Freya and hopes that just maybe it will act like holy water or at least have some reaction against the evil in this room.Putting all of his skills togeather for his first attack he hopes all the practice he has in throwing will help him now.Reaching into his spell pouch where he has been storing the vial of water he prepares for his actions.

he is going to employ both his boots of springing as well as his throwing ability.He is going to attempt to leap forward using the boots so as to end up behind the cleric and the shadowy figures at his side.with the vial of water in his hand and now uncorked as he leaps by the cleric he will attempt to empty it into the area where the cleric is and then throw the vial into the circle.He has no idea what will happen if anything but he must try.So once ready he goes.Springing forward toward and over the evil cleric he dumps the water and drops the vial onto and into the circle around the evil cleric, then coming down behind.Once back on the ground the first thing he does is pull the hood of his cloak up in an attempt to be harder to see, then looking for a place to steal away will attempt to hide in shadows.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Victory to be had...
Posted on 8/23/2005 at 6:58:40 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seeing the cleric and monsters before them, Alasdair immediately shouts, "Destroy the runes and symbols on the floor," as he charges forward sword and shield ready, clearly intent on killing the fould cleric Krelis. Shoving aside the beasts before him, his soul target would be Krelis. "Today justice will prevail and ye shall breath no more the sweet air that Lady Talia and Dru so cherished," cries Alasdair with sword and shield weaving a dance of death and destruction before him. (or so he hopes...)

To Lady Haila he calls, "Haila lass, would ye be so kind as to see to yonder lady and assist her till either Cor, Conall or I can get there to help with our magics?" If Haila agrees, he will toss her a potion of Extra Healing for Lady Althena's use.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

we are that strike fear in thy heart
Posted on 8/23/2005 at 8:43:23 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the group engages the enemy, and as I am usually in the back it is my responsable to hold off the five gnoll that threaten the rear of my companions. I will bring the full force of my mighty mace and morning star upon them blocking their path to any others. As I pray aloud to Fierna "Oh beautiful and powerful lady of which I adore and serve, please grant me the power to overcome these foul beasts and bring you glory now and forever" as I clutch her medallion

( a gold coin with a pair of red glowing eyes over a horizontally positioned reanseur, with the whole thing circled by a red tail ending in a wicked barb, lace with a hell hound hide thou a tiny hole in it) in my mace of disruption hand.
With that Af'til will start striking at head/neck of the foe to better incapacitate them or stun them (because i saw that striking the joint will not stop them from trying to strike back) till the warriors can dispatch there immediate foes so they can protect themselfs better. For as it is now, each warrior has about 4-5 foe already they don't need more to worry about.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Welcome to the big time
Posted on 8/24/2005 at 6:06:01 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Conall races down the hall after Alasdair with Cor at his side and those he has vowed to protect behind, and seeking the one he has promised to find. Conall draws a visual map of the route they take. Past the prison cells with who knows how many tortured and dieing souls to save there but a greater cause pushes him on, ‘This girl we seek better be worth it.’ Pushing past and going against every moral fiber in his body he moves on.

Then it hits him, as though a might ancient red worm has ripped through Conall’s mind and thoughts. The very inner cavity of Conall’s own helm seemed to explode with pain and thunder all at once.

Conall pushes on through the pain, knowing that through training and almost blind devotion in his faith in the Mighty Odin. That even now as he moves into the very depths of these evil halls. Conall Glendower of the House Glendower walks within a circle of protection. He knows all those who stand with him will reap the will of Odin. With the mighty Cor, the sly Af’til and Conall faith and strength will press on. Alasdair and Hawk will seek out and smite down all evil. The shadows that were once the heaven of such evil belong to them no longer as they are now the hunting ground for two of the dark arts finest, Ulthok and Flit. But it is for Haila and her companion; Niamedris is why he pushes on. Vengeance will be hers and hers alone.

Then an eas takes Conall. The voice of his father only soft and caring, "I see you Conall, from the past of time and I must admit, I am very surprised to see you here. I am glad all the same as I will now have the love I thought lost to me due to time. But how it is you come forward to this place is of no concern, as you will not be allowed to leave me a second time. All of you both new and old will live here without any problems.
Go Krelis great my son, I wish to have council with him."

Then the dream was broken. The sound of what seemed like the wailing of the banshee that comes for the devil himself could be heard. Unlike all the other times Conall did not feel pain rip through his head. He came to; the dream was over and before him stood a truly evil thing, cloaked in white with gold trim but evil just the same. Before Conall could think his hand was to his Axe of Hurling and he let it fly. Then to his sword and the fight was on.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

yup Haila is back...now if she'd only go away
Posted on 8/24/2005 at 7:39:58 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OCC: Please read the disclaimer in the Q&A the writer of this post takes absolutely no responsibilty for this post. The cat made her do it.)

Haila saw the face and reflected on the voice within her, still- evil, which was bad, but kinda hot which was, well not good necessarily, but was at least a lot easier on the eyes than ugly evil. Really most good people don't have the time to be all that pretty. Being good takes way more time then being evil so all that buffing and plucking really ends up falling by the wayside....you know if she really wanted to get hotter she was really just going to cross over the the dark si---ow!DAMNNIT!

The mage snapped out of her trance long enough to see the cat sheath his claws. Elvish armour can keep out swords but cats...they have never built an armour a cat couldn't get through. Well you could sit in a big steel cube with no holes even for air but really that wasn't worth is as the cat's still the winner adn you're just de---ow! DAMNIT!

This time she looked about her companions were shaking of thier own trances. The face had disappeared. Crud, she missed the evil mastermind taunt, those were always fun. She cast about seeing the odds and numbers were already against them. 4 shadows swept from in front being tackled (figuratively speaking) by Cor, the evil cleric who wasn't all that hot had an axe thrown at his head which with any luck would at best be deadly and worst a distracion not to mention having Alisdair charge at him, she had no puddling clue what Ulthok was doing it looked impressive tho (OCC: I get but Haila didn't get to read the explination and I am not telling her), Af'til was working on a pack of 5 half gnolls which left...she did a quick count...9 more half gnolls.

"We're all going to die," said the cat

The dog figurine muffled slightly by the pouch he was kept in, replied, "Think positive."

Niamedris flicked an ear in displeasure but answered Dire. "Fine. We're all going to die quickly."

The mage the only one privy to this rather annoying conversation cut the rest of it off with a stern "Do you two mind?!" which she shouted into the mindlink...at least she hoped it was only into the mindlink. As a battlecry went tho she had done worse. She had a vauge rememberance of yelling "Run away and live" which didn't have the effect she had been going for since people tended to get the intent backwards. Shrugging the little mage concentrated on the task at hand. She sent Niamedris out of the sphere of battle. She tossed her pack to the side to free up more room to work.

Her spells were half lost due to the ordeals and trials of the day but she still had a few tricks up her sleeve or belt pouch. She withdrew a fine ground poweder and prpared to throw it when a thought from the familiar wiped the spell she was going to cast from her mind. Instead it was replaced by a pondering if there were any gravy packets left from her sister's kit left. Clutching to the only thought she had left in her head she throught the powder and cast the spell to make the thought a reality [Fabricate}. The little warrior mage was horrified to realize she had just turned the gnolls blood to gravy.

The dog and the cat each came to a realization at the same time, though not the same one. From Dire: "That was so wrong", and from Niamedris: "Lunch".

The mage said to the room in general, including the remaining horrified half-gnolls, "The cat made me do it."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

The banter of battle
Posted on 8/24/2005 at 8:46:30 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall for the first time in a long time heard the Lady Haila and in a time of chaos and mayhem Conall heard a bit of sanity in an insane situation, “It is good to hear a voice of reason, but blame not Niamedris. He seeks vengeance and by your magic or by my sword he will have it! It is the least I can do.”

Conall then in a more menacing sounding voice as a master to a disordered servant he speaks out to the evil of the room, “Did you not hear the wailing of the banshee? She does call to you! Evil has no place here. Now it is time for you to die.”

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

1 plus 1 plus 2 plus 1
Posted on 8/25/2005 at 4:30:27 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk seeing any good arrow attack pointless draws his longsword and shortsword and enters the frey against the gnolls.

He will focus on hit and run attack method trying to stay out of a direct melee.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:22:54.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Would you like gravey with that

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Would you like Gravy with That
Posted on 8/26/2005 at 4:48:53 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Party Althena had they finally found, naked, bloody and clearly near death. An Evil Cleric or so believed before them. Half-Gnolls to the rear and sides, Shadows to the front. The screech of a Banshee heard, a battle does begin…..

Shadows charged the party from the front, human in shape and size, yet nothing but claws and teeth...

Moving at a charge Alasdair rushed towards the Cleric paying no heed to the Shadows before him. Yet keeping his shield before him he still took 2 hits that caused damage but no strength drain did he take.
A shiver of the deepest cold flooded his body as he and they came into physical contact. Suddenly in the blink of an eye he felt weaker his strength though still all there the hits taking a toll on his body, raked in pain two hits scored against him by his own actions, then as if never there the Shadows exploded and were gone. Reaching the area just before the Cleric he found blocking his way now a creature of fire, newly summoned...

The Cleric Cor was unafraid of the Shadows now headed towards the party with words of turning upon his lips he began to shout.
"In the name of Odin I command you to leave this place and return to whatever hell spawned you!"
The Shadows never had a chance, their bodies exploding before him and were just like that gone.
But in their place and attacking the Cavalier now stood a large creature of Fire surly summoned by the evil Cleric before them. As Cor watched Krelis’s lips yet again moved in the casting of a spell...

The Thief/Mage Ulthok was ready using his Boots of Striding and Springing he moved, a vial of water in his hand as if by magic. Up and over the Cleric’s position did he jump the vial uncorked, water pouring out.
Yet nothing did it do. The Cleric intent on his next spell paid the water and Ulthok nary a moments thought. The Halfling landed as nimble as a cat and found himself behind the Cleric, alone and enemy free...

Af’til knew the party was in a bad spot surrounded on all sides and outnumbered, but the Elvin Ranger/Cleric did not allow that to stop him as he drew both Mace of Disruption and his Morning star one to a hand his Medallion of the Goddess Fierna wrapped around the wriest of his main weapon hand.
Turning to the parties rear he attacked the 5 Half-Gnolls there as they attacked.
To his credit both weapons hit causing damage to two targets. But they and one more attacked right back, the other two Half-Gnolls moving past him. In a matter of seconds Af’til had been hit twice blood once again leaving his body and dropping to pool around his feet on the floor.

The Paladin Conall his hand axe in hand let it fly towards the Cleric Krelis as he withdrew his sword and moved to attack the right side Half-Gnolls. He watched as the Axe flew true and hit dead on target, yet not was the Cleric hit as the hand axe bounced off some type of unseen magical wall. His actions over for the round all he could do was defend, yet defend he did as 2 of the right side Half-Gnolls attacked out of 4 attacks the Paladin was only hit once upon his shoulder but yet was his blood drawn...

Hawk found himself facing the other 2 right side Half-Gnolls and a round of quickly moving sword play took place. Both Longsword and shortsword again as if a piece of his body moved in tandem and hits he did score.
A critical upon critical hit taking one of the Half-Gnolls heads clean off both body and bloody head falling to the floor together. But in return the taciturn Elf was caught by two strikes himself in the neck and chest and the warmth of blood leaving his body made him cold inside, so very cold...

Flit having the only crossbow of the party and one of Speed at that saw one of the rear most Half-Gnolls headed towards him. Lighting fast up came the crossbow and two bolts did he let fly. The range being too close to miss the Gnome did not both bolts becoming embedded in the creatures chest. The creatures return attack though was not stopped at all. Seeming to Flit to ignore the pain as if on some type of pain killing drug its attacks lashed into the Gnome so hard it put him on the floor defenseless for the moment. an Enemy pressing the attack...

The last of the rear Half-Gnolls, a dwarf did it attack, seeing Cor with his back turned hoped for an easy kill. But though both attacks did indeed hit the dwarf, Cor was tougher then he seemed and remained on his feet ready to hit back if decided in Rd 2...

But the most unnatural sight of this the first round was given up by the lady Haila. Having no real spells left to her due to her torture to cause a lot of damage without hurting her friends, cat and party members alike she improvised. The spell fabricate upon the 4 Half-Gnolls to the left she did cast hoping to change their blood in some way. In but an instant what had once been living creatures were dead their blood turned to a thick brown gravy that flowed out of every open orifice upon the creatures body and skin.
The gravy smelling of food gone rotten its stench almost overwhelming the party’s ability to fight but just not bad enough. The bodies on the floor. not a move did they make may hap someone’s soon to be lunch...

The first Rd of battle over and by sheer audacity and improvising many of the foes dead or gone. A Cleric readying his next spell and almost all party members once again hurt yet in no way out of this fight. What would round 2 be like, A door to the tunnels open and reinforcements surely on their way. Could the party be lucky enough to kill the ones it now engaged before reinforcements or creatures were summoned by Krelis himself… The battle yet continued...

SITUTATION
Alasdair= Fighting a Fire Elemental
Af'til= Fighting 3 Half-Gnolls
Conall= Fighting 2 Half-Gnolls
Cor= Fighting 1 Half-Gnoll
Flit= Fighting 1 Half-Gnoll
Hawk= Fighting 1 Half=Gnoll
Haila= No enemy
Ulthok= No enemy
ENEMIES LEFT AT THIS TIME
Krelis the Cleric
8 Half=Gnolls
ENEMIES DEAD
4 Shadows
5 Half-Gnolls

(OOC: Ok I am gonna shoot for Monday as my next post day and then play it by ear after that ok. I hope everyone posts if not I will NPC your actions in Rd 2.
Cor good job turning the Shadows I forgot your turn undead was so high and they so low .
Even though the Combat was simultaneous they would not have had a chance to attack if Alasdair had not charged forward. Sorry big guy.
Good job you guys ya hit me with a few unexpected things especially you miss Jinxsa.
And to Ulthok great move sorry that the water was no longer holy. Once you left the pool room it went normal. Ok lets shoot for Monday.)



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:24:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


77

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

the smells, the smells
Posted on 8/26/2005 at 6:05:11 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feeling the bile crawl up the back of her throat Haila wondered briefly how the cat could managed to sniff at one of the burst fingers. But she reflected, for the second time in two days, Niamedris rolled in garbage to attract a mate. After this he could get any female he wanted. Ugg.

Seeing Af'til out numbered Haila pulled 3 iron nails from ber belt pouch and chanted her spell, furiously reminding Niamdris to shut up. (cast Hold Monster on the 3 Half Gnolls attacking Af'til) and dashed to the doorway keeping her back against the wall.

The cat had arrived earlier. He skidded a bit into the door wedging his cinnamon nose briefly between the stone and the iron, but looking about he realized all the two legs were busy. Effecting an air that he meant to do that (just in case) he peered throught the crack between the open door and the jam. Lamp like eyes stared into the corridor waiting for more enemies...or a rat...a spider would be a nice treat....he should have grabbed some jerky from the pack before he started this ..who knew how long he'ed be sitting her...was this forepaw really as clean as it could be...

Deep inside an abandoned pack a stone dog rolled his e

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Fire Elemental smiles Alasdair
Posted on 8/26/2005 at 5:33:05 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the others Alasdair must have seemed crazy and rash. His charge forward clearly put him amidst the foul shadows which had been summoned. Clearly endangering himself as he rushed to get into melee combat with the cleric. Thankfully, Cor was able to banish back to the hell from which they were spawned. Alasdair smiled as the cleric made a mistake which would prove fatal in the end, for the foe summoned was an fire elemental, something which he had protection against in the form of his Ring of Fire Resistance.

"Krelis, is that the best that ye can do," taunted Alasdair with a charge forward, shield bashing the Elemental. He was clearly intent on pushing him aside as he maneuvered to bring his sword into play. Sword swinging mightly at the Elemental as he drove forward towards his intended target. For in a moment he would be done with this foul creature summoned by the evil cleric before him. "Dispell that 'shield' that Krelis has protecting him so that I can kill him when I'm finished with his fiery plaything," laughs Alasdair all the while knowing that this battle must end quickly if they are to save the Lady Althena.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

What pain?
Posted on 8/27/2005 at 4:16:47 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk will do his best to ignore the pain. He will concentrate his will on the last half-gnoll near himself. He will not let his friends down. He can always die after the fight for he had no time for it now.

Althena Sunblayze
Newbie
Posts: 2
Reply | Edit

Lights in a Dark Place
Posted on 8/27/2005 at 7:08:10 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She was in pain oh so very much pain, more pain then anything she had felt before. She knew soon she would tell all and then she would die, the sting of the whip or the burning of fire would take the last of her life away. Karza through his Puppet Krelis would win and the secret she held so dear would be his once again and with it mayhap the world Of Trilogy itself.

Then he was there in the room with her, her savior, her knight in shiny armor, her hero, Alasdair.
But something was wrong they fought not!! They were at peace, serene, content but how why.??
Then it hit her they were charmed by the face of Karza in the portrait of flames, the forces of Krelis ready to cut them down. This could not be or all was lost, Trilogy, the Sword, and life as was known now would end and darkness would rule evermore. No no NO NO NOOOOOO
Althena’s voice was then heard not as a word but as a howl, one of pain, one of fear, one of love. Using her last remaining Psi power she screamed the word no and as if a banshee howling did it take life. The affect immediate all evil stunned, all good released. In her last moments before darkness took her she knew the party and its leader Alasdair were free. Then as if the black of night conciseness left her and she was gone...

Almerin
Resident
*Contributor*
Posts: 475
Reply | Edit

Flit returns to non-NPC-life
Posted on 8/28/2005 at 10:02:07 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC: Hey everybody. I was asked by Tann, you’re beloved DM, to take care of Flit. The gnome is no longer an NPC. I hope we’ll have a great time together.)

Flit Willowstick was not ready to die yet. The half-gnoll had suffered from the two hitting crossbow bolts, he knew it. The beast was just in too much of a fighting frenzy to notice that it was bleeding.

As his enemy hovered over him Flit dropped his crossbow. It would do him little good now. If he could place an unexpected stab in the right spot, however….

The gnome waited for the creature to flung itself upon him. Faking a dart towards the right he rolled over to the left, pulling his two longtooth daggers. He hoped his agility would save him once again as he tried to land on his feet and jump on the gnoll to place a deadly strike.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Where once stood a Halfling
Posted on 8/29/2005 at 2:48:47 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having landed behind where all the action is taking place Ulthok finds himself without an enemy to face.Looking around quickly things seem to be going ok not great but several of the dreaded half-gnolls are down, though almost everyone has been wounded.The big problem was the cleric the coward had himself surrounded by some magical shield he saw Conalls ax bounce off, but yet he could of swore that he saw the water he poured out hit the cleric, eventhough it did nothing to him.Ulthok was intreged by this.

Carefully running over these two things in his mind he deceides on his next action he thinks he may have an idea as to what he had seen happen and he hopes he is not wasteing time.Speaking the intricate speech of magic the halfling mage quickly cast a spell on himself and in but an instant where he once stood now flutters the smallest bird he could think of, a small unassumming nondangerous looking humming bird.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

You are to stupid to dance
Posted on 8/29/2005 at 4:14:29 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall having seen his axe fall to the floor on what should have been a well-aimed hit knows it was not his axe, but some form of evil magic. He hopped Alasdair would enjoy such a fight. It was to the two Half-dog faced beasts that stood in front of Conall that received the attention. With a shield held to the one on the left Conall swung high and then and then a quick slash both aimed at the dogface on the right.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Last Call for Aid..
Posted on 8/29/2005 at 8:48:16 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As his sword weaves a deadly dance trying to find the right place to pierce the Fire Elemental form, a thought crosses his mind (OOC I know a cavlier with a thought.. shudder)... To all he shouts, "Water and Ice will harm the Fiery beast before me and Flit still has the Staff of Curing to be used on Lady Sunblayze and any others in need."


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:28:35.
Edited on 2006-10-01 at 05:30:20 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


The Odds Increase

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

The Odds Increase
Posted on 8/30/2005 at 11:06:54 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The party a first round of combat clearly in their favor fought on the odds no longer so long...

The First to act this 2nd rd was none other then the Lady Haila. Seeing Af’til facing 3 of the Half-Gnolls she came to his aid. Moving quickly yet with magic on her mind, components gathered on the run and the words spoken did she send forth the spell Hold Monster. As she watched 2 of the creatures were held fast the third his save did he make free he was too attack. Reaching the door along side Niamedris she peered into the hallway to discover a group of new enemies approaching.

This new group consisting of 8 more Half-Gnolls and 2 Formorian Giants. It was clear they would arrive in the next 2 rounds if not stopped. Only she was mayhap in a position to do anything about their joining the fight....

The 3 Half-Gnolls surrounding Af’til were the first of the enemy to act, their attacks well timed and in seeming concert they moved to strike.
Yet in the end only one hit was delivered to the Ranger/Cleric as 2 out of 3 Half-Gnolls seemingly frozen in their movement did not attacks get....

Af’til’s return attacks by Mace and Morning star were devastating as both hit for critical’s the once lone moving Half-Gnoll no longer moving at all, but dead at his feet. The Elf now free and hearing Alasdair’s cry about Althena began to move to her aid....

Cor torn as to which enemy to attack finally decided to attack the Half-Gnoll in front of him. His slight hesitation in deciding this caused him to receive two blows to his chest and side both deep cuts and blood flowed free.
Yet his return attack was also a deep cut. Though he lost more life then he had gained this round thanks yet again to his ring, still was he on his feet and yet in the fight....

Alasdair his opponent a creature that no harm could deal him smashed into it and attacked his sword hitting but 1 out of 2 times. Strangely he watched as the Fire Elemental did not try to return his attack but continued forward into the melee its target yet unclear.
Now nothing stood between him and the Cleric before him but a magical shield. His call to heal Althena a second time perhaps heard and acted upon....

Hawk once facing two Half-Gnolls found only one yet before and as such did he again attack. But unlike round 1 his blows hit nothing but air and only by his quick reflexes was he able to keep a hold of his long sword least it fall to the floor.
The Half-Gnoll's return attacks were split, A hit yet also a miss the hit not as bad as before but damage the Ranger did yet take....

Flit once again finding himself animated and in control of himself went on the offense. As the Half-Gnoll closed in to finish the Gnome for good a fake to the right, a spilt second of distraction, and Flit found himself where he wanted to be. His Longtooth’s in hand both an unguarded back did they find, massive damage dealt yet a Half-Gnoll still alive and turning to meet him. Badly hurt it was yet alive, its attack a miss....

Ulthok found himself in a strange dilemma. Though behind the Cleric he had no way to hurt him this magical shield of his clearly very strong. As he tried to think quickly of his next action he watched the Cleric pull out of a pouch a Spell component as only used by one of Mage craft as was Ulthok himself.

The realization then hit the Halfling as a punch in the gut not only was Krelis a Cleric but clearly also a Mage.!!
He had to act fast so as like Haila components in hand and the words spoken no longer a Halfling was he but a small unassuming, nondangerous looking humming bird.

Conall seeing his axe fall useless to the floor hoped the Cavalier would be able to find a way to stop Krelis for good.
Turning his attention and attacks to the two Half-Gnolls before him he moved his shield to block the one to the left, his sword to attack the one to his right. As his sword sank to the hilt in the one to the right, causing it to miss in its return attack, the left Half-Gnoll was not idle. In its rage its weapon useless it grabbed Conall’s shield and using its strength ripped it from his grasp breaking the Paladin’s arm in the process, pain flashed across the Holy warriors face as his arm fell useless to his side....

Round two over no real change in the flow of the battle either way. No winner, no loser no victory by any to be called.

Reinforcements on the way, a Cleric revealed to a Halfling to also be a Mage protected by a magical shield still, a third spell on his lips.

OCC: Ok Rd two over not bad, not bad. Ok some feed back from you guys as the rush to get you out of this dungeon is in reality no longer a rush I will continue for this battle and any future battles to post early if everyone posts before Monday and then again on Monday like we just did this past week.

Does anyone have a problem with that if so please let me know as such, remember this two posts a week thing will be only during combat. Outside of combat it will be normal just Monday night posts by me. Let me know in the Q/A thread thanks.

OK HERE IS THE SITUATION.
Haila= At the door looking into hallway.
Af’til= Heading to help Althena (by my posting may change on Tinders next post)
Cor= Fighting 1 Half-Gnoll
Alasdair= No enemy
Hawk= Fighting 1 Half-Gnoll
Flit= Fighting 1 Half-Gnoll
Conall= Fighting 2 Half-Gnolls
Ulthok= Polymorphed into a Humming Bird.
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage (Revealed only to Ulthok so far)
5 Half-Gnolls fighting
2 Half-Gnolls Held
REINFOCEMENTS(not yet in room)
8 Half-Gnolls
2 Formorian Giants
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
1 Half-Gnoll
TOTAL ENEMIES DEAD
4 Shadows
6 Half-Gnolls

Ok one last thing today is a very special day for Trilogy if anyone knows why post it or your guess in the Q/A and you will get 50,000 EXP on the spot if you are the first correct. Good Luck


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:34:27.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


78

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

3 vs 1, Just got to love those odd.
Posted on 8/30/2005 at 11:29:37 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the creature before me crashed to the floor, I was almost blinded by a flickering red light radiating from the glossy and bloody Lady Sunblayze in the North East corner of the room.

I then turned and saw that the Fire Elemental that had been summoned had run away from our mighty and powerful Cavalier. The Lady seems almost like a lifeless form chained to her earthy prison. I quickly dodge the thought the flowing combat that was in my path, avoid all attacks and side stepping the Fire Elemental. As I get close I quickly check for her condition, and prepare to heal her anyway I can. (depend on how bad I will either cast my last cure spell or give her a potion of extra healing, or if it only superficial I will bandage). After that I will break her free of her confinements and guard her will my life.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

May I come in.
Posted on 8/30/2005 at 12:02:59 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watching the cleric Krelis from behind he sees the evil one start to bring spell components out of a spell pouch so this monster is not only a cleric but also a mage.With a plan in mind he goes about his own casting and after uttering the proper words in the correct order and contex the halfling is now a small humming bird.


Fluttering about at first as he gets use to how the bird flies.he then flies up to the ceiling of the room to get a view of all that is happening, they battle goes fairly well but their blood does flow, and if Krelis the cleric/mage is not stopped more blood will flow.So positioning himself still behind and above the cleric and his magical shield the humming bird slowley floats down towards the clerics shield.He hopes by being unassumming and nonthreating or maybe the shield is open at its top Ulthok doesn't know but that is his hope as he floats down to where he should be able to pass into the shieled area.



OOC: Once I know if my idea works or not I will finish my posting for this round.Mr.Tann you can e-mail me or post it in Q&A Thanks.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

hey everything is actually working for once
Posted on 8/30/2005 at 2:34:35 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haila could have cheered. For once everything was working out for her, Ok not the gravy thing, it worked but wasn't the plan...still yeay!

Scanning the room she saw Conall his arm hanging a funny angle and Cor was bleeding but still whittling through his half gnoll, Hawk had 2 half gnolls on him and she couldn't assess how wounded he was from this angle. The fire elemental was floating away from Alisdair, who looked a bit puzzled.Flit had recovered himself and didn't seem to need aid. Af'til having dispatched his enemy seemed to me making his way to Sunblaze. Ulthok was.....where was Ulthok...up there came the feline reply.

She saw a something fluttering by the ceiling. Dispite himself Niamedris was crouched bum wiggling as if he was to spring after the speck like bird. Which meant....."Niamedris...DOOR!"

"Relax there is nothing comi...crap. Um, Haila."

Closing her eyes against a pain all cat owners everywhere knew too well. She filtered through the information. Another 8 half-gnolls and 2 giants...swell.

Her hopes of casting a spell to help the others gone she pulled out a spell component and briskly jumped in front of the door, cast the fast spell and this time jumped back on the side that held the door. (Cast: Fireball) She started to close the iron door. Ugg it was heavy.

No kitty krunchies tonight?

No kitty krunchies ever.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Take my shield, not my sword.
Posted on 8/30/2005 at 8:41:45 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“How does my steel feel? I warned yo..AAAAA” As Conall’s shield was ripped from his arm. “It will soon be your turn. You will pay for that.”

Conall will pull his sword from the belly of the dog face and give two more sword attacks upon the same. That is unless the first swing kills the dog face, then the second will go upon the dog face that is now holding his shield.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Rage
Posted on 8/31/2005 at 12:30:24 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk does his best to ignore any pain and concentrate on his enemy. He needs to bring him down before he can even consider healing himself.

OOC: At work, no idea if I have spells or potions for healing.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Dire situation...
Posted on 9/1/2005 at 3:01:32 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seeing the Fire Elemental bypass himself, Alasdair turns his attention to the evil cleric before him. Having seen the mighty Conall's ax fail to strike, knew that magic protected Krelis. Two options crossed his mind, physical attack or the more subtle psionic attack in hopes of disrupting the cleric's spell casting.

"Ye shall not be able to hide behind yer magics forever Krelis," shouts Alasdair. "Justice and retribution shall be had this day for yer evil doings. Rally my comrades, this fight is already won," boasts Alasdair hoping that his bravado would embolden his comrades, while possibly causing some fear in their enemy, for surely, they had never been so confronted before.

He smiled to himself as he walked forward trying to assess whether the barrier would prevent him from walking through it to the other side to physically attack Krelis. Should the barrier halt his progress (with no ill affects), Alasdair is ready to use the last of his psionic strength and attack Krelis with his dwendling mental powers.

(OOC: Alasdair will use Psionic power of Contact and Mind Wipe if he is not able to walk through the magic shield to attack Krelis physically, So IE movement phase will decide what Alasdair does in the combat phase, either mental or physical attack, or nadda if the shield screws me up... )

Almerin
Resident
*Contributor*
Posts: 475
Reply | Edit

ahhhhh.. that's why
Posted on 9/2/2005 at 10:15:07 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ahhhhh" Flit thought as the adrenaline pumped through his blood, "This is why I became an adventurer!"

Growing more confident by his succesful earlier move he taunted the gnoll. The gnome knew the creature had to be close to death. His aim had been true, the damage dealt, and blood was staining his daggers. All he needed to do was finish the job.

Taunting the half-gnoll in front of him he hopped from one foot on the other, ducked low as the attack came and used the temporary weak defence to his advantaged.

(OOC: He'll try to stab as deep as he can, aiming for soft spots while taunting the gnoll. He hopes the desperate aggressiveness will blur its brain and give him advantage)


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:44:35.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


A Loss of Two

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Loss of Two
Posted on 9/5/2005 at 3:15:24 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two rounds behind them, a 3rd round of combat coming up. Enemy reinforcements headed towards the room, a girl and a cat in the way. Would the two of them be enough to stop the creatures in their charge into the room.
Yet worse then all, two members about to fall....

Haila was at the door granting access to the room with her faithful cat Niamedris. A quick look out into the hall had shown her enemy reinforcements headed towards them fast. Having really only one effective mass attack spell left to her she cast it. With a whoosh of heat a Fireball was exploded directly above the enemy party the effect good and bad. Good in that the explosion wounded both Fomorians and killed 5 of 8 Half-Gnolls and wounded the other 3. Bad in that the narrowness of the tunnel redirected the force back into the room hitting both Haila and Niamedris. The cat seemingly proving the old notion of cats having nine lives was able to jump away with only slight damage.

For Haila caught in the middle of the doorway it was different as the back draft of the Fireball hit her full on, only a save made spared her the full damage....

Conall yet facing two of the Half-Gnolls and with his left arm broken was as a Paladin would be very much still in the fight. His sword in hand he again attacked the one to the right first, even as its attacks missed the Paladin wide. His aim true he watched but only for a moment as the creature fell before him before turning his 2nd attack to the Half-Gnoll to his left. Though he missed, the Half-Gnoll caught off balance was only able to hit with one of its attacks and a light hit at that. The Paladin broken arm and all stood without fear facing yet one foe. Then as if out of nowhere pain flared in his back as he was attacked once more, the feeling of claws embedded in his flesh, yet no one behind him....

Cor still facing the same foe was determined to end this area of the fight quickly. His taunt was not in vain as once again his hammer twice did it. The force of the Dwarves blows with such strength to force the Half-Gnoll back and to the ground. As it tried one last time to attack the Dwarf it died its attack futile and Cor healed to full once more....

The Fire Elemental moving through a wave of the Fireball and loving every minute had reached its target…… The Fighter/Mage Haila Flowers.!!
Its attack quick it hit the already wounded Haila for a goodly amount and readied itself for yet a second attack upon her the next round. A System Shock save successful she remained on her feet and in control without a loss of conciseness....

Hawk too faced only one Half-Gnoll, with little damage it was fighting the Ranger hard, blades moving to and fro. Finally the Ranger did score a hit but gathered one to him in return, an even trade of blows the fight for the two of these combatants still ongoing. Neither Hawk nor the Half-Gnoll gaining the upper hand....

Ulthok was a hummingbird, a small non threatening creature meaning no harm. Yet the mind of the Hummingbird was still the halflings own, his thoughts still on hurting the Cleric. With a massive burst of pain and electric type shocks crashing through him upon touching the shield, the little hummingbird’s body was burned to a crisp and in the blink of an eye was gone replaced by the body of a Halfling now lying at the feet of Krelis. Little tails of smoke raising from what was left of Ulthok’s flesh spiraled into the air. The halfling moved not....

Flit his attacks the round before very successful knew the Half-Gnoll was near the end of its life. The Gnome watched as it lifted itself and attacked its first attack clearly a miss its second much closer but again also a miss. Moving fast and using the weakened condition of the Half-Gnoll to his advantage his Longtooth’s again both hit true and with the damage caused the Half-Gnoll died its life gone in instant....

Af’til moving with a renewed sense of purpose and duty avoided all combat and enemies and reached the Lady Sunblayze. Her condition was bad, very bad life barely pulsed within her she was moments away from death. Without hesitation knowing he did not have a choice the Ranger/Cleric cast his last healing spell his hands laid upon her a prayer upon his lips. Then he felt it a stronger heart beat and a more relaxed rhythm of breathing, though yet not fully healed she would not soon die of her inflicted wounds. Finding himself on the edge of the combat the Ranger knew he could once again now use his bow if desired next round....

Alasdair his sword ready, his intent to face the Cleric Krelis in hand to hand was not to get his wish. As with Ulthok the shield surrounding the Cleric he did touch. The pain was intense the static and crackling of his flesh being burned away before his eyes a horror only he would ever know his last glance coated in black towards the Cleric did he turn a look of hatred and a desire to kill. Then a cloak of deepest black fell and his awareness was gone....

Krelis yet attempting to cast a 3rd Spell was unable to do so as the body of a Halfling Thief/Mage fell at his feet causing him to lose his focus. With an angry shove of his booted foot he kicked the non moving body of Ulthok off his circle of blood and back outside his shield. From the shield no response was to be seen. Krelis the distraction over began work on yet another spell this, including the one lost, the fourth he would attempt to cast the first 2 a success....

Two members fallen with enemies all around the party in a dire situation indeed......

OOC: ok guys a rough round for sure sorry to the two fallen members of the party. Both Ulthok and Alasdair failed their saving throws vs. Spells, Ulthok on a roll of 3 and Alasdair on a roll of 8. I will send the two of you an email to explain.
Ok will post round 4 early if everyone posts or on Monday next.

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 3
Haila=Fighting Fire Elemental
Cor= No Enemies.
Conall= Fighting 1 Half-Gnoll
Hawk= Fighting 1 Half-Gnoll
Af’Til= No Enemies
Flit= No Enemies
Alasdair= Possibly Dead
Ulthok= Possibly Dead
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage
1 Fire Elemental
2 Half-Gnolls
2 Half-Gnolls Held
REINFORCEMENTS( Will arrive in room next round)
3 Half-Gnolls( Wounded)
2 Fomorian Giants( Wounded)
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
8 Half-Gnolls
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD
4 Shadows
9 Half-Gnolls



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:45:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


79

Jinxsas~Lap
Newbie
Posts: 2
Reply | Edit

the cat may have been right.
Posted on 9/6/2005 at 3:42:16 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem with a calculated risk is there is still some risk. The fallout from the fireball had been a possibilty but she had't had time to even dream about the chances it would attract the fire elemental. But, naturally, that was precisely what happened. Pain flared as she was caught between the backlash of her own spell and the fire elemental. The stench of burnt flesh and hair permiated the air around her.

Skin began to feel stretched far too tight and stung.

The elemental savouring the damaged it had just inflicted withdrew slightly enableing Haila to look about. Cor had dispatched his enemy and was now directing a spell at the cleric, who judging but how much spittle was flying was casting a spell of his own. Connal's face a mask of determination as his arm broken before now seemed to have extra points to it (ewww)but his blows still raining down on his last enemy. Hawk was similarily fighting his own half-gnoll. Af'til,and Flit had since dispatched thier own opponents and Haila's quick glance didn't tell her anything about thier next actions. She saw Sunblaze still tied to the chair but her wounds looking better. It was seeing Alisdair and Ulthok laying dead at the clerics feet that spurred Haila into action. Recalling the joke shared by the cat and stone dog, she realized that it was no longer funny it was simply true. The group was fighing it's hardest and while they were still winning it was at a price. They had to keep the odds in thier favour.

Steeling herself visably the mage turned her back on the door and pushed against it. Trying to use leverage to bar the way that much faster by doing this she was forced to ignore the fire elemental who would doubtlessly come in for the kill. The decision had been an easy one to make, she didn't know how many enemies she had killed but she knew her fireball would have only wounded the giants. If they joined the fray, well it wasn't going to come to that. While tehe decision was easy the actual execuion of it wasn't. In truth she didn't want to die but if the door didn't close she would anyways. She had no intention of going down lightly.

Still shuffling her feet with her back against the door she fished out a glass vial. From her spell components pouch. Gripping the stopper between her teeth she pulled it out and spit the small chunk of cork at the elemental. She swallowed the potion down in one large gulp. Feeling the door close she now was less blinded by pain that she could actually fumble with the lock on the door and slide the bolt shut.

As Haila turns back to the elemental she sees her beloved familiar ready to rushat the elemental, an act that would surely kill her beloved familiar. So she did something she had never done before. She used the bond to compel the cat to stay at Cor's side. If she fell she hoped the cleric could at least keep the cat alive. She knew familiar's died with thier mages but perhaps Oden would give Cor the power to preserve Niamedris for truely the cat had a warrior's spirit.

To the cat she thought, "If I die think of something cool, tell them i said it." The cat was almost able to shake off his compulsion but the magic within the mage and the bond between the two was ultimately too strong. And the cat, yowling, bounded arcoss the room.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Dieing time is here.
Posted on 9/7/2005 at 9:52:53 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Die! Die! Die! As the first fell at his feet, Conall moved as if mind, body, and steel were one.

His second attack on the second dog face caused blood to seep from the foul beast. “You have taken the use of my arm but you have not taken my will to fight. Your time to die is….

AAAAAA!”

As a pain ripped along his back as if he wore no armor, ‘You see boy! Your friends forsake you. Your enemies attack from all sides and your friends are no where to be found. AND your fare and just Odin, Where is he in your time of need. Your shield is gone; your friends are nowhere to lend aid, and the one you seek, if death has not found her. She will not make the trek out of this place. You have chosen a foolish place to through your life away and for what? Some tart the king deems an importance to rescue. Ha! Steel Boy! Use your Steel! Die with honor! Like your shield those who you depend on are gone. Your sword, the cold steel, hardens your heart, die in a blood field of honor! Boy….’

“NO!

With the pain of his arm and now his back the voice from Conall’s past was back. The voice in Conall’s head sang to him once more. The voice of his father taunted him from somewhere in the darkness of his mind. His knuckles grow white as he gripped his sword “I AM STRONGER THAN STEEL! I AM COLDER THAT THE DEEPST DEAPTHOS OF LOCH McGREGGER! Odin will hear me sing his praise! I am not my father’s son! Conall’s eyes now focus in on the dog face before him. There is a depth never before seen by the beast. What stands before him is not the same man. “I HAVE NOT TIME FOR YOU AND YOU WILL DIE!” Conall focused all the furry into the attack on the dog face still standing.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Try
Posted on 9/8/2005 at 5:34:14 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk will keep trying to best his enemy. Has to be away to trick it. So, he attacks it again.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Cleric vs. Cleric, God vs. God
Posted on 9/8/2005 at 7:46:03 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Cor chanted his word to his Deity, and spin his hammer around in mystifying patterns, I with my trusty longbow will aim straight for the Evil Cleric soul. As Cor finishes his bewitching and the Shields go down from the Cleric I with let my magically arrow fly straight and true into the cold-hearted henchman, piecing his fail body, forever reminding him of who he is messing with, a servant of Firena. Thus making him loss his concentration and anger him to a duel. Hopefully he isn’t a Warrior/Cleric/mage.


(OOC: Wow I just reliezed that this Cleric/mage is wearing heavy plate mail armor and robes. Man I wish our mages can do that. That would make us fast mobile artillery with heavy infantry support squad. Doesn’t it take concentration to control a summoning Elemental? If so how can he be casting another spell without breaking concentration?)




Af’til call out very politely plead to our dear friend Flit “Would you mind terribly to help Haila out with that door before we have uninvited party guests ruin our merriment we are so happily enjoying.” Since his is closer to the door than I am.

He should be able to travel the 5-20 feet to the door with no problem, since his is usually in the back with me in combat and all other combatants are engaged. The room is only 70 x 70 so it should be less then a half move for him.

(OOC: Can I see what is attacking Cornell back. Or is it a spell effect or something.)

Almerin
Resident
*Contributor*
Posts: 475
Reply | Edit

short one again
Posted on 9/8/2005 at 10:21:09 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flit saw his enemy go down, as he was supposed to. There were no real threats in this room today, only possibilities.
Of course he knew that such a reasoning would some day cost him his life, but until that time he would enjoy the resources as good as possible.

Right now he noticed how the evil cleric still stood. What a price he would be!

Undoubtedly, this would ask for a special Flit treatment.

(OOC: Flit will hide when possible, using shadows to get to his target. A double sneak attack will help some I should say.)


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:49:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Round 4

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Round 4
Posted on 9/9/2005 at 6:21:24 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A party in trouble, two members down on the ground possibly dead. Enemy reinforcements on the way nothing to stop them but Haila alone. A door needed closure....

Haila was once again very much alone with no help on its way to her side, yet she did not shy from the duty before her. Sending Niamedris away to Conall’s side she took from her pouch a Potion of Extra-Healing hoping to down it before the Fire Elemental once again attacked her. Yet at the same time using her body to try and close the door, in only one endeavor was she successful. With the Potion inside her and her health better she hoped for the best, what she got instead was the worst. The Fire Elemental facing no defense hit Haila hard the blow and damage forcing her to her knees the door she had been pushing having moved very little.
Though hurt and on her knees she was still alive as the 3 wounded Half-Gnolls rushed past her into the room picking an enemy so clear before them as a prize, the Gnome Flit.
Then it was the turn of the two Formorians, the first like the Half-Gnolls ignoring her to plunge deeper into the room. The second seeing a helpless target before him attacked Haila.
Haila already once again badly hurt was finished, the Giants blows unable to be defended against enough to send her beyond the light into darkness deep and black and unlike anything known before.
The beautiful Fighter/Mage joining the status of both Ulthok and Alasdair...

Flit saw that no longer was he in melee with the Half-Gnoll, yet that Krelis the evil Cleric yet stood. His next target chosen he started to attempt to sneak up upon him and deal damage to him. He did not realize the attempt was doomed to fail as 3 wounded Half-Gnolls attacked.
Caught off guard the Gnome was unable with his attacks to do much, yet 1 hit he did score. but it was a case of too little too late. The Half-Gnoll attacks deadly in one on one were fatal in 3 on one as the combined damage drove the life from the Thief his body crumbled to the rooms floor to join the 3 party members before him...

Cor at last free once again to act in the casting of magic did not hesitate the Spell of Dispel Magic on his lips. But once again to everyone yet alive’s dismay the spell failed.!!
The Cleric/Mage’s magical shield still fully functional, his lips and eyes focused on the Paladin Conall.
But for Cor danger yet lurked as from behind a blow did he take claws tearing into him and blood bursting from him the result, the pain intense. But as with Conall no enemy was there to be found as the dwarf turned to face no foe...

Af’til was ready his beloved bow in hand he awaited the entrance of any enemies through the open door knowing that there was no possible way for him to reach the door to help Haila. The only member of the party close enough and able to help her was Flit.
Then the Elf heard Cor yell the words of his spell of Dispel Magic and turned his focus to the Cleric Krelis.
Af’til his arrows launched as Cor cast his spell timed them to arrive as the spell destroyed the Cleric's Shield.
The arrows flew true, timed on cue with the end of Cor’s spell...Only to yet again be deflected away from Krelis without hitting him. The Evil Cleric/Mage casting his spell...

Conall in pain and seemingly doubting his own abilities and possibly losing his sanity fought on.
A pair of hits finally decided the matter between his opponent and himself and without a return attack the Half-Gnoll fell dead at his feet. Though no hit did he again take from nowhere Krelis had his eye only on the Paladin. A Bolt of Lighting streaking from his hand and finding a home in Conall’s body and passing threw it to kill a Wounded Half-Gnoll. Conall his save vs. spell made took only half damage thus saving his life for another round, yet close to death was he...

Hawk still faced the same Half-Gnoll who as of yet refused to die. No matter what he had done to kill it nothing had worked frustration was beginning to show. But luck as she is a fickle thing and the action of an enemy was the opening the Ranger needed. The Half-Gnoll distracted by the flare of Krelis’s Lighting Bolt left itself wide open to the Rangers attacks all of which did hit ending finally its life. As it dropped to the floor Hawk’s gaze took in the room and the carnage within. It was looking bad....

Two more members down, possibly dead. 4 party members yet on their feet but hurt to some degree all were found to be.

With enemies overwhelming in number and strength the party’s chances of survival were beginning to fall into the red. A hail Mary was needed to win the game but no where was one to be found. The Gods of all, both good and Evil watched their minions fall....


OOC: Ok next post Monday. Cor, Conall, Af’til and Hawk only you 4 need to post. You better start working together or I will be looking for new characters from those of you who still want to play after this battle. As it stands now we may have to end up restarting this campaign with new characters. I am pulling no punches here I warned ya it would be a tough battle but no teamwork between any of you has made it 3 times as hard as it was supposed to be. Jinx and Almerin I will send an email explaining all.

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 4
Cor =No Apparent Enemies*
Conall =No Apparent Enemies*
Af’till =No Apparent Enemies*
Hawk =No Apparent Enemies*
Haila =Possibly Dead
Flit =Possibly Dead
Alasdair =Possibly Dead
Ulthok =Possibly Dead
(*I say Apparent as the still living Half-Gnolls, Fire Elemental and Formorians have not picked new targets as yet.)
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage
1 Fire Elemental
2 Wounded Formorain Giants
2 Wounded Half-Gnolls
2 Half-Gnolls Held
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
3 Half-Gnolls
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD
4 Shadows
12 Half-Gnolls


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 05:54:31.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


80

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

To live is to die, to die is to live
Posted on 9/9/2005 at 7:26:00 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk screams a war cry loud enough to send chills down your spine.

He grabs both weapons in a death grip and rushes the giants.

He yells, "Get her out of here Cor!!!" As he runs head first into the giants with one thing on his mind.

KILL OR BE KILLED!

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

It is the end, but who's end is it?
Posted on 9/10/2005 at 3:59:45 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall for the first time since the fight has started was able to look around and seeing the devastation that is once a party and not being able to see the foe that attacks from behind will use his innate powers of healing “Odin, grant me healing so I may fight on with honor and pride.” to give himself all 22 points.

He will then look at Krelis the evil mage and as his mind races in darkness a thought takes him. He will look to the feet of Krelis, more to the ground around Krelis. He sees if there is any of the unholy symbols on the floor that are outside of the protection of the very faint shield now that it is known to exist.

If there is any part of the evil symbol exposed…
“Cor save the girl if you can! Hawk, look to Krelis charge not the door but him! Af’til aim for Krelis once more, aim true they will find their mark!” Then with all that is left Conall uses every bit of strength and power left to charge at the exposed symbol hopping to slide and use his body to brake the symbol that up until this point remains unbroken. ‘What are you doing BOY? Use you steel, to the door do not rush the cleric for it is folly to throw away your life so…’ Conall knows this is a last ditch effort; there for everything in him, all focus is on the exposed part of the symbol. In the hopes that if he is cut down in mid stride his momentum and the Guiding hand of Odin will get, what could be the last actions of Conall Glendower of the House Glendower to its end. The voice in the back of Conall’s mind has no sound as far as Conall is concerned all focus is on that symbol.

If nothing is exposed…
"Af’til, Hawk join me, form a line as Cor has asked. Cor look to my potion pouch in there you will find healing and a wand. Though I know not what it does use it if we cannot get clear from here. We must buy some time to get the girl form here! Odin be pleased and send down your guides. For brave warriors do fight to the end and the end is near. Keep the home torches burning and the ale cups full. We will soon join you in song.” ‘Good! Yes, that is it my son. You will die in a pool of your enemy’s blood. You will die with honor and the world will die with you!’

Almerin
Resident
*Contributor*
Posts: 475
Reply | Edit

byebye
Posted on 9/10/2005 at 12:03:16 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flit saw his enemy die under his blades. His next target was chosen. The leader of the pack would be his awesome trophy for today. There were enough shadows to hide an army of Flits so it could hardly be a problem.

As he slowly tried to blend out of sight near the door 3 half gnolls came rushing in. In the heat of combat Flit hadn't heard them coming and now he stood facing them. There was no time for jumping away. These bastards were too fast! Gritting his teeth in a defying snarl that changed into a superior grin Flit dove past the first one to throw his first blade into the one flanking him, followed by a stab in the low side of his middle aggressor.

The plan should've worked, but they were faster than Flit's self-confidence was high. Their weapons struck down and with a last rattle of death Flit blew out his final breath. His twin blades fell lifeless to the floor, their clang on the rocks smothered by the combat around them.

The extraordinary gnome had died.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

bye, bye birdy
Posted on 9/13/2005 at 6:57:52 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Sorry about the late post, just got home from work. It has been a long and busy weekend. IC: As Cor stated the plan of action, I will follow it without a blink of my eye. I will grasp Athena and carry her over to the Corner that Cor has pointed out, (If the DM said I unbind her when I healed her like I ask in the post earlier) so that she is protected from those beasts. For if she dies, so does the mission and probably our heads. When I get there I will put her behind the defensive wall we are creating in the corner, which will help us reduce the number of enemy that can attack us greatly. I will also Call out/plead to Hawk to join me in this great wall of protection. (If Hawk joins us that would be great because an extra body is an extra blade. If he doesn't I guess I the naughty boy in the corner all by my self.) My next action would be dictated by one of my fellow warriors. If Connell run and charge the shield, slides into the blood circle thus disrupt it, hopefully followed by running into the cleric thus disrupting him for the round. I will shoot the cleric to provide cover fire for Connell so he has time to get back up can defend him self if he didn't get fried by the shield in the process.

If Connell join me in the corner I will defend my area and fellow brother will all the power and grace the blessed Fierna has giving to me.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

well when a get gets pissed..
Posted on 9/13/2005 at 7:20:50 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hair and hackles raised, Niamedris felt life ebb from his beloved wizard. Spitting at being held by her final command the feline stayed close to the cleric Cor with whom he had already pegged as someone who may be counted on to pass a starving cat a sausage. Furious at the predicament he ran beside Cor, who was reaching for a large stick on the floor. This brought the cat within feet of the circle of blood. Through the pain of his soul Niamedris longed to lash out but again Haila's command prevented him from lashing out with tooth and claw. Niamedris had one final recourse, turning about he aimed away from the potential food provider and at the only other two legs standing. And he let fly. Soon everything in that circle including the circle itself belonged to the cat, just ask anyone with a nose.



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 06:06:00.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Perhaps Saved by a Cat

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Perhaps saved by a Cat
Posted on 9/13/2005 at 10:11:33 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Party on the brink of defeat and death. 4 members likely already dead the other 4 soon to also be. No hope but to stand and fight. Ooo Ra.!!

Cor at first thinking to run decided that to run was a cowards way out even if his intention was to rescue the Lady Althena. He was a Cleric of Odin HE WOULD NOT RUN.!!!
Thinking fast he did what was needed the Spell of Sanctuary cast…..With success!! It seemed Odin had not abandoned him after all. Protected now by the spell, no hits or wounds did he receive as he moved to recover the Staff of Curing from Flits body....

Conall near death from the Krelis’s lighting bolt knew he needed to heal calling forth his innate power to heal and enduring the pain of his arm broken laid its empty hand upon himself.
At once he felt better his health some of which recovered and his arm no longer broken. He was still in this fight.

"Af’til, Hawk join me, form a line as Cor has asked. Cor look to my potion pouch in there you will find healing and a wand. Though I know not what it does use it if we cannot get clear from here. We must buy some time to get the girl form here! Odin be pleased and send down your guides. For brave warriors do fight to the end and the end is near. Keep the home torches burning and the ale cups full. We will soon join you in song."

With that and joining Af’til along with the body of Althena to form a stronghold, Conall was dismayed to find that Hawk had not obeyed his command. The Ranger having moved forward to buy the surviving party members time.
Time that would as Conall watched come at a high price....

The 2 wounded Formorians were on the move rushing forward to do battle with the surviving party members.
When suddenly as if by magic before them now stood a lowly elf in leathers, with swords in both hands. Before they could recover from their shock the Elf moved, his swords attacking the one to his right while using his body as a block to the Giant to his left. His attacks on target and Giant blood did flow so much so that the Giant did fall to its knees not yet dead but dying all the same.

The second Giant moving fast did catch the Elf by a leg and with a second quick grab gathered him into an embrace and crushed the Elf too him. A scream of pain was heard from the Ranger Hawk as the giant wounded him so, yet the Ranger though caught in a death grip was not yet dead but dying for sure no one close enough to save him....

The two wounded Half-Gnolls moved in on the lone Dwarf before them and attacked as he bent to recover something from the Gnome they had just killed. But then they found themselves staring at each other in bewilderment not knowing why they had stopped. Seeing at last the Paladin and Ranger/Cleric standing by the female prisoner, they moved to the attack being able to do so next round....

The Cleric/Mage Krelis was as yet also not idle seeing the dwarf moving to take something from one of his dead companions he directed his next spell against him. Where Cor now stood the dwarf found himself incased in a column of fire, Krelis having saved vs the Sanctuary spell. Yet Cor did also his save make and only half damage did he take....

Af’til hearing the call of Conall quickly did release Althena from her bonds and with her in his arms, his bow once more across his back moved and joined the Paladin. Placing Althena gently behind them for he had felt her breath upon his neck a sign of life yet within her, the Elf turned and with bow once again quickly in hand found a new enemy before him....

The Fire Elemental its target dead at first did nothing, then heeding its remaining commands to attack any enemies of its master turned and headed for its next closet target the Ranger/Cleric Af’til. Attempting to engulf him it failed yet scoring damage to the elf nonetheless, withdrawing slightly it readied itself for its next attack....

The last and most unlikely member of the party to act was none other the Niamedris the cat. Having no weapons other then its bite and claws but in no way moving that close to Krelis it did the only thing it could think of out of spite it pee’d. As it was not with hostile intent more of the intent to be annoying as cats sometimes can be the shield ignored the spray of smelly fluid much more in volume then a vial of water.
Before it was said and done the circle of blood was washed away and the energy of the Shield, hit by the pee of a cat was gone. Leaving only in its wake a man no longer in Armor yet still deadly none the less with maces still at his side but somehow smaller in stature....

(OOC: Ok Rd 5 over, rd 6 coming up. I wish Jinxsa lived closer, be easier to wring her neck. Who would have thought cat piss for crying out loud Lol and believe me I did roll to see if it worked, guess my evil dice betrayed me for Cat piss what a cruel and wicked world)

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 5
Cor =No Enemies
Conall =No Enemies
Af’till =Fire Elemental
Haila =Possibly Dead
Flit =Possibly Dead
Alasdair =Possibly Dead
Ulthok =Possibly Dead
Hawk = Possibly Dying
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage
1 Fire Elemental
1Wounded Formorain Giant
1 Wounded yet Dying Formorian Giant
2 Wounded Half-Gnolls
2 Half-Gnolls Held
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
None
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD
4 Shadows
12 Half-Gnolls


SOMEWHERE ELSE YET CLOSE

Magma Ironclaw knew not these halls of magic or who had made them but he as a Dwarf knew that they felt evil and very wrong. Standing over the bodies of 8 now killed enemies he looked towards the distant sounding yet close battle ahead. Taking a moment to rest he thought back on the last 2 days.

A returning Dwarven messenger had stumbled upon these halls 2 yesterdays past and upon his return to the enclave reported it to the Clan leader, who knowing that as of 3 weeks ago no such tunnels had there been had sent Magma and a band of 12 Dwarves to scout them out.
Of those 12, now only Magma and 2 others did remain, all 3 wounded the bodies of 2 other dwarves dead before him. For in these halls they had found much evil and though having fought well they were outnumbered the nature of the creatures here a combination of Human, Elf and Gnoll. Having thought to return to the enclave with his 4 surviving warriors they had come upon a fast moving group of 8 Gnoll creatures and the distant sounds of battle. Without any thoughts of hesitation the 5 Dwarves charged to battle the surprise and quickness of their attack catching the Half-Gnolls off guard. In 3 rounds the battle was over and all that remained where 3 wounded Dwarves, 10 dead bodies and a battle yet being fought ahead.

Without any words and as if of the same mind Magma and the 2 Dwarves began to run to the sounds of battle....



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 06:35:52.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


81

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

What shall i do?
Posted on 9/14/2005 at 10:26:29 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the elemental swing away at me, I can feel my skin cracking for the scorching heat.

"Play with this thing and I will come out with a beautiful bronze tan. To bad I have cloths on, it so hard to get rid of those nasty tan lines."
As to my action this round is to help out one in need. I will shoot at the Giant that has Hawk hopefully push it into the land of dead and freeing Hawk to join us in the corner. I will do this while dodging the incoming attack of the fire elemental.
As boxing match continues I will say to the fire beast. “Your next so get ready for I’m going to bring it swift and hard you old blow hard.”

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Defiant
Posted on 9/14/2005 at 5:04:27 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawk is possibe with try to stab the giant with his weapons if possible.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

target found
Posted on 9/14/2005 at 9:46:55 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While the fire elemental is the only thing within swing range it will receive all that Conall can muster. Conall swings upon the fire elemental with is sword.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 06:42:35.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


A Ranger Dies

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Ranger Dies
Posted on 9/16/2005 at 4:53:58 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The party of 8 now down to 4, yet soon to be 3. No help in sight yet more enemies surely on the way.
Why none had yet arrived a mystery to all, friend and foe alike....

Cor protected from all enemies except that of Krelis had a mission to complete and a companion to heal.
Moving to the body of the Cavalier he knelt and found to his relive that Alasdair yet lived.
Quickly using the Staff of Curing he healed the Cavalier of some of his wounds
Though healed and conscious Alasdair would not be able to act until next round allowing his mind to clear from the fog of darkness he had previously found himself in.
Cor then headed towards the last 2 of the party not counting Alasdair still standing. His next target of healing the Paladin Conall....

Krelis knowing that his shield was no more, began to slowly move back towards the wall behind him.
Yet the Mage/Cleric did not stop his casting as no one attacked him. With a final unheard word in front of the Paladin and Ranger/Cleric 2 Displacer Beasts did appear summoned by Krelis’s completed spell. They would be able to attack the next round.
With the spell completed the Mage/Cleric did finally reach the East wall behind him, his hands seemingly looking for something on the wall....

Af’til being attacked by the Fire Elemental did not seek to protect himself more concerned with helping the Ranger Hawk. His arrows did he launch at the Giant holding Hawk trying to save him before it was too late. The arrows each a hit did score on the Giants shoulder and leg but was not enough to bring it down. Then pain hit him as one of the wounded Half-Gnolls attacked from his blind side, sword in its hand the Ranger/Cleric now found himself facing 1 Half-Gnoll.
But to his front Af’til saw a new enemy a summoned Displacer Beast who he could see readied itself to attack. Af’til would face both next round....

Hawk was in trouble hit points low and held in the hands of the Fomorian. The Ranger tried to fight knowing that it was maybe already too late for him. His life did not pass before his eyes as some had said it does right before death but he never gave up trying to fight back.
But due to the Giants strength he was unable to act the Fomorian grabbing his head in its hands, the pain intense....

The Fomorian, angry and hurt, arrows in its body did not hesitate and with both hands it reached to each side of Hawk’s head and with a twist, ripped it from his body. Blood, pieces of bone and skin exploded everywhere with the violent separation of body and head. The body of Hawk now headless and bloody fell to the floor dead. The Giant now moving towards Af’til threw the Rangers head at the Ranger/Cleric to let the Elf know he was its next target.
As it moved forward it passed the now dead body of the second Fomorian, it gave no look to its fellow Giant at all....

Conall his enemy now a Fire Elemental attacked causing it to turn away from the Ranger/Cleric and attack the Paladin. Conall was on target his attack successful yet the Elementals return attack was a miss. But from his left side an attack he did take, the second of the wounded Half-Gnolls on target. The Paladin though light damage this round did take was in trouble, for now the Paladin three foes did face. The Fire Elemental, a wounded Half-Gnoll, and a newly arrived Displacer Beast....

Round 6 over the remaining party members in a slowly losing fight another of their number now dead for sure, yet another on his feet once more ready for action next round. More enemies arrived by spell yet an enemy Mage/Cleric possibly in retreat. Round 7 to come....

(OOC: OK all there be round 6. Round 7 Monday night after Cowboys game GO COWBOYS!!!

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 6
Cor =No Enemies
Conall =Half-Gnoll / Fire Elemental / Displacer Beast
Af’till =Half-Gnoll / Displacer Beast / Fomorian Giant
Alasdair =No Enemies / Conscious can act in round 7
Haila =Possibly Dead
Flit =Possibly Dead
Ulthok =Possibly Dead
Hawk =Dead
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage
1 Fire Elemental
2 Displacer Beasts
1 Wounded Fomorain Giant
2 Wounded Half-Gnolls
2 Half-Gnolls Held
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
1 Fomorian Giant
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD
1 Fomorian Giant
4 Shadows
12 Half-Gnolls


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 06:44:07.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


82

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

You know a sausage is going to have a reappearance
Posted on 9/16/2005 at 5:51:06 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Niamedris looks at the seething tide of battle uneffected but an ear twinge. Haila's command still keeping him out of the thick of things. Slinking down out of sight with his prize he says "Wuv to shave ew agon ba eafing". {translation:Love to save you again but eating)

Even though the only one who could hear him was gone the dog wondered, "Who in the surely hell gave the cat food in the middle of a fight?"

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Here come the pain
Posted on 9/16/2005 at 8:39:41 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the arrow hit their target, the fear that it wasn't enough hit as the giant tore Hawk into little piece past though my mind. It quickly past due to the pain of a sword slicing into my side bring to my attention of my own wellbeing.
For this round this was truely a grave sitution. As Connel and I stand toe to toe with unnumber foes. My first order of business would be to reduce these number quickly. Known that the Fire Elemental was a conjure spirit, i known my dispell would send it back to where it came from and greatly reduce the onslaugth before us.
With fierna help i hope to cast it before i am brought to me knees by the swords of my enemys.( may the dice be with me)

(ooc: since we are in the corner how many of these enemy can accutely attack us. since I have the wall to the right of me, Connell to my left and the other wall to Connell left. It would seem reasonably that it would limit the count to one infront of me, one infront of Connell and one enbetween us. That is why we pick the corner for our regrouping.)

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

A decision to make...
Posted on 9/16/2005 at 6:48:18 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon being revived, Aladair's mind was quickly racing to assess what had befallen his comrades. Seeing Hawk beheaded by the Fomorian giant and that Haila, Flit, and Ulthok were down and possibly dead, he knew that action was needed to save his comrades. Though knowing that to allow Krelis a chance to escape was bad, allowing his friends to perish was even worse. To Cor he called, "Catch that ill-begotten son of a whore... he has much to answer for this day," indicating his approval of Cor's change of action.

Alasdair quickly reached into his backpack to retrieve his remaining potion of extra healing. With a quick swallow, Alasdair downed the entire contents and stood. Grabbing his sword and shield, he then headed forward towards the giant which had just killed his friend Hawk. "Aye ye big headed 'ogre' lets try that again, as I am not that likely to be so easy to crush," yelled Alasdair as he charged the giant, sword and shield in use against any foe which stands in his way.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Time and space... Ha
Posted on 9/16/2005 at 10:02:37 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall and Af'til were side by side in the corner with a prize to their rear. Conall had heard she was still alive but was it all for not? “Af’til my good friend, you are one of magic please tell me, how great of a foe do we face when one of magic can summon such things into being and do so while moving? One who can do that is a truly great foe indeed.” Conall avoids a swing of some thing in front of him. The battle has grown so fears it is a matter if instinct now and skill of training and not direct thinking that is keeping Conall alive at this point. It is as though the hand of Odin guides him now.

“I can not see our fellow travelers in the room beyond but it is the here and now that concerns me greatly. It seems to me that your Goddess Fierna and the one true God Odin seem to be toying with us. No matter how we try to control the field of battle by drawing the walls in around use by moving to this corner, the enemy seem to be stomping on top of it self to get at us.”

Conall seeing a wounded dog face step up into the fray decides to turn all attacks on it, hoping to cut the number of the enemy by one, if the first blow kills it his second will go to the next open target (that is already hurt).

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Talk
Posted on 9/17/2005 at 8:15:52 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Kyle "That is beyond my knowledge since I known not a being of this world that can accomplish such a task with the arcane arts. But I can say by the magic he cast thrust far is well beyond that I can perform. Mastering so many highly prizes spell he must have a huge library with book containing many a darksecret and knowledge.”

Thinking to himself, Which might be very useful to me and the others.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

Enter the Dwarf
Posted on 9/19/2005 at 2:03:12 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Scout out these Tunnels, Lad and report back. We need to know what is going on and its nature” the clan elder had said. “Yes Elder.” He had said. Now there were nine dead brethren that magma had memorized their names so he could speak to their family and clans when he returned. Dwarves die in battlke, not in their beds the saying went but Magma couldn’t help the feeling that this was a fools’ mission.

Truth be known, he found himself doubting the words of the elders more and more – not a good thing for a dwarf. No family left after his father and mother passed away, Magma was fighting the urge to move on and see the world. There was more out there than the clan home and he was hankering to see it.

But that be Loki talk, he admonished himself.

There was evil here. Evil screamed out to him through every rock and stone and it had to be dealt with and fast. He looked down at the bodies of the two dead dwarves and promised himself he would do something to ease their passage.

Dain Steeltoes. Borin Graniteblood. Your names are remembered and will be spoken in the Halls of Memory.

Sounds of battle disturbed his thoughts and he raised his head quickly, shooting a look at the other two dwarves. Someone was fighting up ahead. Could be Gnolls and goblins fighting each other – for evil always feed of each other. Or it could be someone fighting the evil.

Magma Ironclaw didn’t need to call out orders, the dwarves knew what to do. He started off towards the battle, prepared to fight.

OOC: Hello all. Tann asked (pestered) me to join his game so here I am. Looking forward to gaming with all of you.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 06:46:24.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Hi Ho Hi Ho Round 7 here we Go

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Round 7 here we go.
Posted on 9/20/2005 at 8:08:00 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new round at hand, again 4 out of 8 yet standing, 1 having been brought back from the darkness.Would he be the difference between heaven and hell or in the end just another number.
The battle continued....

Cor wanted to heal, felt that healing the others was in the party's best interest of survival as he was at this time unnoticed by all enemies save Krelis himself. Yet seeing the evil Cleric/Mage inching slowly towards the back wall and seemingly looking to flee could not allow it.
So hammer in hand he charged forward to stop Krelis from escaping.

Krelis seeing Cor surely headed for him turned to face the charging Dwarf his maces at once to hand deployed.

"Come Dwarf meet your doom."

Krelis taunted as both Clerics finally did meet in melee, weapons struck, hits scored and damage to both were taken. Yet in a weird twist of fate both wore the same ring and in harm was health gained, Cor a little, Krelis back to full. This fight between Clerics would come down to class of armor the lower of the two less likly to be hit, the higher of the two more closer to defeat....

Alasdair once again on his feet his mind finally clear took a quick yet calculated look over the field of battle before him.

The picture was not good 4 party members down 2 clearly dead 2 maybe close or already gone no way to tell at this time. But in his quick look he knew what action was best for him and the surviving party members.
To help Conall and Af’til in the corner as Cor engaged Krelis a Giant his target would be. Moving quickly the Fomorian Giant his target he yelled to gain it’s attantion.

"Aye ya big headed ogre lets try that again, as I am not likely to be crushed."

The Fomorian hearing the yell and seeing a puny human foe before it and being of a mind easily distracted turned its charge away from Af’til to meet that of the Cavalier/Psionist.
But in its haste its attack was badly aimed and as such did miss, Alasdair's did not. A wound newly opened and blood pouring out the Giant was now aware of its low life and suddenly looked scared. Its ugly deformed face looking mayhap for a way to escape....

Af’til knew the foes before them outnumbered Conall and himself almost 3 to 1 but was not about to let that phase him one bit. A spell quickly cast and yet another Dispel Magic was released.
But so unlike Cor’s attempt earlier this one did succeed if barely and where once there had been an Elemental of Fire, now there was none.

But success far too often comes at a price as Af’til did find out as both Half-Gnoll and Displacer Beast attacked one from the front and the other from the open side not covered by Conall.
To his luck the Half-Gnolls attack did miss, but the left tail of the Beast did not, and across his face the tail did strike. The pain was sharp with the razor feel of bone opened to air....

Conall prepared to once again deal with the Fire Elemental before him, but was happily surprised when it suddenly disappeared.

Without a thought his attacks he did turn upon the Half-Gnoll before him hitting both times true, without a grunt of pain the Half-Gnoll collapsed in death before him.
Conall’s good luck for once did hold as both of the Displacer Beasts 2 attacks this round did miss. The Paladin yet standing for another round....

Magma and his two fellow dwarves had finally reached the sounds of battle in a room drenched in blood and bodies. As he moved in followed by the other 2 he did a quick look to assess the situation at hand.

He counted at least 4 bodies down, mayhap dead and 3, no wait 4 a dwarf he now spied fighting a human in robes in a corner, yet standing. Knowing that time was short for more dogmen were coming fast he quickly gave his orders to the other 2 dwarves.

One the door would close, the other to help the Elf and Human in a second corner. He himself would go to the aid of a second Human fighting a Giant before him.
It seemed that he and his dwarves had arrived in time to mayhap help these 4 or die with them, the next rounds of combat would tell which it would be.....

OOC: Ok everyone round 7 is over, I will post round 8 once the five active members all post as normal for combat.

Let us all welcome to our ranks Alcrityfitzhugh who as he said was asked to join. In truth I have hounded him so long he finally gave up and said yes .
So again Welcome Al I am glad you are here.

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 7
Cor = Krelis the Cleric
Conall = Displacer Beast
Af’til = Half-Gnoll / Displacer Beast
Alasdair = Fomorian Giant
Magma = Fomorian Giant
Haila = Possibly Dead
Flit = Possibly Dead
Ulthok = Possibly Dead
Hawk = Dead
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage
2 Displacer Beasts
1 Wounded Fomorian Giant
1 Wounded Half-Gnoll
2 Half-Gnolls Held
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
1 Half-Gnoll
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD/OR DISPELLED
1 Fomorian Giant
4 Shadows
13 Half-Gnolls
1 Fire Elemental


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 06:48:37.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.