The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is xmasztime.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


83

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Whack-a-gnoll
Posted on 9/20/2005 at 3:41:50 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The flaming elemental banish from this plane left with a soft pouf, as the air rushed in the vacant area, the condensing water vapor sparkled faintly as the room grow colder, and the light faded to a low glow once more. It was a beautiful sight to gaze upon. It almost like the sunset in the timber fill northern mountains I use to call home.
But quickly I was remind of our own reality with a quick slap to the face, one that left a lasting sting as the cold bitter breeze hit my newly exposed check bone. The cut still fresh and clean, it hasn’t started to release the flow of the life giving blood. But I Af’til relish in this new found pain; it drives me to attack stronger and with more purpose with my dual strikes to the creatures that lye before me.


My first swing is aim for the staggering Half Gnoll that dared to face me.

The second attack aimed on striking at the summoned beast IF the bloody Gnoll goes down with the first. If it not lying at my feet after one crushing blow I would gladly play whack-a-gnoll until he does.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

The tide turns to our favor
Posted on 9/20/2005 at 6:38:27 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a glee in his eye, Alasdair cried "Rally my comrades for today this finally ends and we shall be victorious in our quest. For surely these dwarves will help turn the tide of battle in our favor." With a nod of gratitude, he acknowledges the arrival of the dwarven company, while silently praying that they are indeed intent on providing assistance and not merely a new foe entering the fray.

With a renewed vigor Alasdair lashes out at the Fomorian giant, clearly intent on taking his life before he could do more harm. Once the giant has been dispatched, Alasdair heads toward the nearest foe intent upon their destruction and a quick end to this fight. "Brother Cor, yell if ye need assistance for we shall all like to have our own turn in playing with the 'Mighty Krelis' before he passes from this world into the next."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

One, two... how many?
Posted on 9/20/2005 at 10:07:08 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elf and Human stood side by side sword, bow, and magic cut the air as the sound of battle rang from the corner. Yet these two who knew not of the goings on in the room beyond their own little corner spoke as if on a bench on a Sunday afternoon while smoking a pipe and partaking of ale, “Well then my good friend, if it is written by the gods that we are not to die here today then perhaps we should find this Library. In time you might unlock such dark secrets and turn them to good.”

It was at this time Conall lashed out with two well placed sword lashes at the dog face before him. Some blood spattered and it was then Conall felt the air around him suddenly grow cool as Af’til worked his magic and the fire was gone.

“Well done my friend, it seems you also have great control of magic.”

As the fight went on Conall was able to turn all his attention toward the cat-beast and was able to deflect and side step the two attacks. As the corner began to open up Conall spied Cor fighting with Alasdair, then Conall moved his eyes to look for Krelis and behold he saw Cor,

‘You see boy, your eyes play tricks on you. Keep on task. Fight what is yours. The evil one is in your mind. Let the others hold what is their own. You don’t have the mind for leadership and such things.’

“Then he plays tricks on all of us. For Alasdair and Cor both call out to the other Cor I think I see. But as for you cat-beast, I know I see you. Taste of my steel!” Conall lashed out with a singal attack.


alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

Whoa Nelly!
Posted on 9/21/2005 at 2:13:04 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma took in the scene of battle with a single glance. As a matter of pride and complete lack of self-preservation, Magma always picked the biggest to tangle with and moved towards the Formorian. With silent but very direct hand gesture, he directs the two dwarves at the cat like Displacer Beasts.

He rushes to whatever side he can find an exposed part of the giant. It is engaged right now so the back is an appealing target, but you never know when someone will twist suddenly in a battle. A nice belly slash through the side would do nicely. As Magma brings Nelly in for his first swing he calls out loudly to the Beast.

“Well, shim my shanks! Tall, dark and gruesome! You wanna a dance then Nelly here would like to cut in! Come and get me you Loki-kissing scum!”

OOC: Magma will do everything in his power to piss the giant off and get focused on him. Using his size to advantage, he will draw the Giant on him while attacking with Nelly all the while.



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:19:06.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Ain't it great here's Round 8

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Ani't it great here's round 8
Posted on 9/21/2005 at 2:44:57 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the coming of help the good guys finally did for once outnumber the bad. And a battle thought lost mayhap now to be won.
Yet a battle of Cleric’s a contest it be, to cause the most damage and for one to clearly flee...

Cor and Krelis in melee they were found engaged both with rings of Vampiric Regeneration. Cor’s hammer it seemed was faster then light yet a hit and a miss were his reward. As Cor felt the healing of his ring enter his body quickly just as fast was it gone both of Krelis’s attacks on target. The right hand mace struck his shoulder and pain flowed over Cor intense, a save made and Blindness the Dwarf did avoid. The snarling of the left hand mace made it clear of evil it surly must be as it scored a second hit upon his chest. The second round to Krelis was given his health yet again at full, Cor’s this round clearly faded...

The Fomorian did not want to be here anymore its life low and the human not so puny after all it moved to flee. But where no enemies other then the human had there been before, in front of it now stood a Dwarf
The shock so sudden its attacks this round were lost...

Magma knew he had the advantage due to his size and he used it well. His battle axe already moving with the Giants turn found places to rest in its body. The wounds bleeding more and death surely close the Giant yet tried to escape but all would be for naught...

Alasdair was ready had waited his moment had watched as the Giant turned to flee and was attacked by this new Dwarf. With out a sound his sword moving fast Alasdair attacked from its side, his attacks did succeed the Giant having no defense. A moment later the room was moved somewhat with the impact of a Giant’s body no longer alive and in this fight. Human and Dwarf looked upon one another smiles on both faces words waiting to be said...

Af’til was yet the only party member facing two foes but he vowed not for much longer. The Half-Gnolls attacks yet once again both misses the Ranger/Cleric went to work wasting no time his two attacks were dead on target and with them so was the Half-Gnoll as it fell to the ground breathing no more.

But as it had been last round so it was this time, the attacks of the Displacer Beast on target once again. This time Af’tils neck and stomach were the targets and a critical did the creature score upon the Elf’s neck blood and again more blood flowed the Elf weaker then before...

Conall faced only one foe a beast with 2 razor coated tails. Yet to his dismay his attacks did fail the Beast seemingly not where it was the moment before. But unlike the Paladin its attacks seemed flawless and more blood did its tails draw from the body of Conall...

But the time for the Beasts was running short for in their concentration on their attacks 2 dwarves did they not see and before both could displace hits were scored upon them.
Now with the tables turned and both Displacer Beasts outnumbered a rapid retreat did they together seek...

Cavalry of 3 dwarves to the rescue, the tide of battle clearly now turned in favor of the party and its new allies. A heavy metal door closed and bared for a time no more enemies would be able to enter.
Round 9 still to come....

OOC: Ok Damn you guys all posted quick ok next post Monday or if you all post this quick again Thursday or Friday depending on my working hours. Good job its a pretty sure thing some of you will survive to continue the Adventure . (DM walks away thinking to himself shoulda thrown in that Dracolich pair after all)

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 8
Cor = Krelis the Cleric
Conall = Displacer Beast
Af’til = Displacer Beast
Dwarf #1 = Displacer Beast
Dwarf #2 = Displacer Beast
Alasdair = No Enemies
Magma = No Enemies
Haila = Possibly Dead
Flit = Possibly Dead
Ulthok = Possibly Dead
Hawk = Dead
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage
2 Displacer Beasts
2 Half-Gnolls Held
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
1 Fomorian Giant
1 Half-Gnoll
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD/OR DISPELLED
2 Fomorian Giant
4 Shadows
14 Half-Gnolls
1 Fire Elemental


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:23:50.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


84

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

A fight to be won and new friends to be made
Posted on 9/21/2005 at 3:22:40 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In common and elvish Alasdair says to the dwarf before him, "My thanks to you and your comrades for you timely arrival and assistance." Thus said Alasdair spins on his heels and races off twards the southeastern corner to where Brother Cor is facing Krelis alone. To the others, "We may yet get out of here alive in spit of what horrors and losses we have taken. Work together and try to tend to the wounded, as I shall endeavor to aid Cor in his battle."

As he heads off towards Cor, Aladair reaches for the potion of extra healing that he had not previously used when confronted by the Fomorian giant and quickly drinks it, knowing that he'll need its benifits if he is to help Cor at all. Calling out to Cor, "Save some of his sorry arse for the rest of us, we do intend to make him pay for the suffering that he has caused in this life."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

You can't run
Posted on 9/22/2005 at 3:16:26 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall sees the cat beast looking for a place to run uses this to his advantage and attacks.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

now that the sausage has been eaten to bizness
Posted on 9/22/2005 at 4:07:22 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Niamedris still contented from the sausage sits in a fairly undisturbed part of the room he ponders for a moment a plan to save the party. Ah ha! It was so simple, and foolproof! Front paws low to the ground he flicks his tail back and forth readying himself for a might leap but is distracted by a funny feeling in his wiskers. There is a bit of sausage there! Plan forgotten Niamedris stops to wash his face and paws clean removing all last traces of yummy sausages.

(The moral of the story is you don't give a cat food in the middle of a fight. )

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Grab a tiger by it tail, or is a displacer
Posted on 9/22/2005 at 6:02:36 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The gnoll buckles to one knee as I bring down my bloodied mace onto his furry shoulder. It yelling out in anguish, but it was soon cut short by a monstrous lateral swing to the ear, smash him to the ground, silent and twitchless.

As my guard was let down, from my left a blue lighting streaked past me, thrashing my abdomen open and shredding my blood soaked shirt to pieces, lucky leaving my organ intact and in the right place.

Followed by an uppercut to unprotected neck forming a palm size gash with blood and tissue hanging, lucky as well it missed more sensitive area.


“A little blood letting never hurts anybody, let me show you how to do it right.” Is what I try to say to the beast but the words came out horrible muffled and almost beastish as the pain over came my words, warping them into an indescribable language. But the message was clear for I will slam my maces into the terrified beast showing him or her who the boss of this fight.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:27:54.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Round 9

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Round 9
Posted on 9/23/2005 at 5:21:16 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With round 8 proving to be the turning point of this fight for the good guys and with only 3 enemies left to kill, one being the Evil Cleric/Mage, it seemed the fight by the party was won. But was it.??.....

Alasdair free and clear no enemy before him but yet knowing his next move, thanked the newcomer Dwarf before he turned and headed towards Cor’s fight with the Cleric/Mage Krelis. Thinking clearly again at 100% he from a pouch a Potion of Extra Healing did pull. A cork popped and the full dose taken the Cavalier/Psionist feeling now much better.
Next round Cor would find Alasdair by his side an ally in the fight against Krelis....

Conall his mind on one thing and one thing only continued to attack the Displacer Beast before him.
The Beast distracted just then by a second attack by the Dwarf behind it gave no defense. Conall’s sword deep did cut a critical hit one of his attacks for sure and with a last minor retaliatory hit by its tail did the Beast’s life come to an end. For the first time in what seemed like hours but in truth minutes only the Paladin was without a foe. A strange dwarf standing near....

Af’til too a Displacer Beast did face but as with Conall he had help in the form of a second Dwarf.
The beast scenting a kill nearing and eager for a taste of the blood spilling forth from the elf before it, did once again Af’til attack. Yet this time it was different as its attacks did miss and a dwarves axe struck deep into its back. Lying upon the floor twitching and clearly yet alive but no danger to any Af’til in a moment of compassion and mercy moved forward, and with the crush of mace and morning star did end its life once and for all....

Cor was in trouble!! Alone and confident of his ability in battle and in a ring upon his finger, he had charged forward into battle with the evil Cleric/Mage Krelis. But now his ring worthless for all intents and purpose’s he welcomed any help at all to his side. As such with a quick side long look across the room to Alasdair he did in fact call out to the Cavalier. But in that moment everything worse became for the dwarven Cleric of the party, for Krelis struck anew and once again hits did the Evil one score.

The mace to his right not only critical damage did it this time do, but this time a save failed and Cor found himself blind.!!!
Defenseless now unable to counter his opponents attack a voice was all the Dwarf Cleric heard.

"Now dwarf as I said before you die.!!

Pain upon his head Cor for a brief moment did he feel and a cry of anguish did escape his lips then nothing, no sound, no pain, nothing.....

The surviving and standing party members and newcomers both thier attention was grabbed in a heartbeat, a scream of pain and anguish loud. All heads turned and eyes did rest as there before them did Cor Trollhammer Cleric of Odin fall...

A Battle for the most part won yet at what price the glory would it cost. 5 members down, 1 of them clearly dead without his head, another newly fallen.
An Evil Cleric/Mage yet the only enemy still standing now bent over the one just fallen, as if stealing from the dead....

OOC: Ok round 8 over and before you say anything Mottle it’s the way the dice rolled I will send you tonight an email explaining all. As Krelis is still alive we are still in combat rounds. Next post Monday have a great weekend guys. And for those of you outside of Texas keep your fingers crossed that Rita house call is a short one.

Oh on a personal note I will be having my MRI tomorrow nite they moved it up from next month. What this means I do not know and will not know the results till next week or later. I hope it will turn out ok and to you my players and dear friends I ask you to keep your fingers crossed that it comes up clean.

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 9
Conall = No Enemies
Af’til = No Enemies
Dwarf #1 = No Enemies
Dwarf #2 = No Enemies
Alasdair = No Enemies
Magma = No Enemies
Cor = Possibly Dead
Haila = Possibly Dead
Flit = Possibly Dead
Ulthok = Possibly Dead
Hawk = Dead
ENEMIES LEFT
Krelis the Cleric/Mage
2 Half-Gnolls Held
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
2 Displacer Beasts
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD/OR DISPELLED
2 Fomorian Giant
4 Shadows
14 Half-Gnolls
2 Displacer Beasts
1 Fire Elemental


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:28:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


85

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

A Dear Friend in Trouble
Posted on 9/23/2005 at 5:03:16 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though Alasdair had known that he could not get to Brother Cor as quickly as desired, he never expected what he saw and heard before him as he rushed to Cor's aid. The evil cleric striking Cor in the head caused time to pause for a moment, then everything snapped back to reality as Cor indeed was falling to the ground, severely injured. "Enough of this, you've hurt enough of my friends this day Krelis. Now it is your turn to feel the pain of defeat and the strength of your own life rushing from your grasp."

Without being able to check on his dear comrade, Alasdair moved forward, clearly intent on drawing blood with his blade. ""Now cleric as I said before you die!!!," returns Alasdair, intentionally taunting Krelis into the fight. "Now now where did ye think ye where going before my friend Cor began this dance? I hope they won't be missing yer company when yer dead," continues Alasdair, clearly intent upon unnerving Krelis into making a fatal mistake and giving Alasdair the opening that he needed to finish this quickly.

He only hoped that the others would help each other, and all of those who were down and injuried whilst he tried to defeat Krelis and the bane that he represented to his group.

(OOC: Please make sure that you've adjusted my HP from taking the potion of extra healing before you have Krelis crit me....

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

It is not over
Posted on 9/23/2005 at 5:30:29 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The beast before Conall falls as a sound unlike any other except perhaps the cry of the banshee that seems to have signaled the mass chaos that has just come to pass. With out any thought of the new dwarf before him, with out thought of the female body behind, Conall focused in on just one thing, the evil, vile presences of Krelis stooping over the now motionless body of Cor.

‘Rage, anger, blind furry… feed upon these things they will make you strong. Be the warrior you were always destine to be. The target of your anger is clear! All others are useless. Move boy move!’

Conall moved at a full rush toward the evil cleric. Then for the first time those hear a voce from Conall never before heard, as if another were speaking through him. An almost guttural voice from deep inside erupted from Conall as he moved into further battle,
“I am my father’s bastard child! To death and ruin, may it take us all. Krelis, you will go before us all and light the way to hell for hell calls for us all!”

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Revib the fallen
Posted on 9/24/2005 at 2:04:59 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the beast lay dead at my feet, only one thing came to my mind as there is only one live combatants let standing. ‘Save the other’. The voice was not my known but clear. I needed to help the other people that are on the brink of death.

Unable to heal spiritually I was left to my hand and herb and the few potions I have. Grabbing both bottles of greater healing water (potion of extra healing), I tossing/ handing one to the near by dwarf and said “Start on that side (pointing towards Ulthok) healing the injury and wound. I will start on this side (the door).”

Racing over to brutally beating Haila, feeling her body she was cold, like a snowflake and delicate as one to, her eye rolled back, with a thready pulse rapidly fading.

I quickly attempt stabilize her, wrapping the bleeding wounds with bandages and herbs from my healer kit to stop her deterioration and administered the potion as needed. Hopefully bring her back from the darkness once more, able to enjoy the morning sunrise.

As her life return, her eyes open and once more brighten the room with warm, I will carry her to where the next fallen lies (Flit) so I can monitor her recover, and access the Flit condition.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

Simon says "Die you bast..."
Posted on 9/25/2005 at 2:25:57 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems to Magma Ironclaw that they had arrived in the nick of time. The tide of battle had certainly shifted from when he had entered the room. As the Formorian falls, the dwarf spares no time for watching or dancing in praise of another evil gone. He nods a quick acknowledgement to the man who thanks him and moves to find another enemy.

He sees a brethren fall at the hands of what looks to be the leader of the dark forces. The thought boils Magma’s blood. He switches his battleaxe to his left hand swiftly and draws Simon quickly from the dwarven battle harness he wears.

Magma judges the body language and expression of the cleric - he’s about to flee away from the scene of his crimes. With a strong pull, he fires Simon directly at the belly of the foul creature.

“Shim my shanks! You hurt one of us, you deal with all of us! Take him down boys!”

OOC: After the missile attack, Magma will switch back to the battle axe and do all he can to make sure the cleric meets a proper end – with his axe lodged in the brain.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:32:04.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Battle Ended

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Battle Ended
Posted on 9/27/2005 at 5:42:24 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The battle for the most part won, yet party members in need of healing if not already dead. An enemy leader alone, yet set to flee the odds clearly against him, the aftermath of the battle yet to be counted....

Conall seeing Cor cut down was once again enraged with a yell of fury he was moving at a full run towards the evil Cleric/Mage.

His movement a full one no attack this round would he have but in position to attack next round clearly would he be. Then without warning where there had once been light now darkness took hold.
Conall now enwrapped in black Krelis he could no longer see....

Krelis though very powerful was not stupid knowing the odds against him were bad and to stand and fight was doomed to failure, he opted to retreat. His King had given him the task of stopping these do gooders and how was he supposed to do that if dead.

He would rally the forces in these magical tunnels and destroy them for good.
A spell quickly cast and in Darkness was this corner of the room enclosed....

Alasdair moving fast arrived but a moment after the Darkness fell and was unable to see anything inside. The Cavalier thus had no way of knowing where Krelis might yet stand. Yet a sudden grunt of pain his ears alert did hear and his skin washed in sweat felt a brief rush of air as if coming from in front of him.

Then it was quit as a grave no sounds did he again hear or air across him feel....

Magma knew to reach this evil spell caster would take too long so as the Paladin Conall had before his arrival done he threw his hand axe named ’Simon’.

His arm back then quickly forward the axe was released only to disappear into a newly formed circle of Darkness. Whether a hit or miss by ’Simon’ unknown for the moment Magma could only move forward his ’Nelly’ in hand....

Af’til knew with only Krelis still active and with 3 persons headed his way his duty now was to heal. Giving the second of his 2 Potions of Extra Healing to one of the 3 Dwarves he directed him to give it to Ulthok if needed.

Moving in the opposite direction his target was that of the Lady Haila, her side he did reach. A head lifted and a potion poured and consumed the Ranger/Cleric did wait.

Then as if awaking from a deep sleep her eyes did open and Af’til knew that though not fully healed she did yet live. Af’til allowed himself a sigh of relief then gently placing her head back upon the ground made his way to Flit.

Here it was that he saw that no amount of healing would restore the Gnome back to life. Only the power of Resurrection could restore Flits life as that was clearly true of Hawk also.

Two dead till the surface reached or two more bodies to burn a sad choice for someone else to make....

The second Dwarf Ulthok did he reach and as with Haila a Potion of Extra Healing poured. In only a few moments eyes did open and yet another party member was found to be alive....

The third Dwarf having heard Magma’s call to the attack had rushed towards the battle only to come face to face with Darkness. Looking to Magma he awaited the leader Dwarf’s orders anew....

The Party it seemed but for 2 dead and a third with status as yet unknown were alive. Potions used and a Staff of Curing done for this day. But a spell of healing or two yet at hand.

Pounding on the closed and bared steel door a clear sign of enemies outside wanting in but for the moment stopped.

An area of Darkness in a far corner Conall, Alasdair, Magma and a second dwarf inside and out. A villain no where to be seen mayhap escaped. With the release or removal of the Darkness all answers would be revealed....

OOC: Ok combat rounds are over we are now back to turns as such we move back to once a week posting.
Feel free to talk among yourselves as you have a new player in game and intros need to be done.
The steel door is closed and bared and will withstand a lot of pounding but will not hold forever.
Next post will be Monday or if you all do post before then I may post early. see you all then.

SITUATION AFTER ROUND 10
Conall = In Darkness
Alasdair = In Darkness
Magma = No Enemies Standing outside Darkness
Dwarf #2 = No Enemies Standing outside of Darkness
Af’til = Kneeling by Flit
Dwarf #1 = Kneeling by Ulthok
Haila = Alive
Ulthok = Alive
Cor = Possibly Dead
Flit = Dead
Hawk = Dead
KNOWN ENEMIES LEFT
2 Half-Gnolls Held
ENEMIES DEAD THIS RD
none
TOTAL ENEMY DEAD/OR DISPELLED
2 Fomorian Giant
4 Shadows
14 Half-Gnolls
2 Displacer Beasts
1 Fire Elemental


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:33:05.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


86

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

let there be light
Posted on 9/27/2005 at 8:24:27 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As quickly as the evil cleric darkness came, it shall come down as quickly. I will grap 4 of my 10 continueal lighted coins and throw them at the darkness known fully well that it would cancel the unnatural darkness. This would allow the four fighter to find that evil cleric easily and thus quickly ending his life easily for he can't travel far. (will post more if this has any effect.)

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Waking from one Nightmare to Another.
Posted on 9/27/2005 at 11:41:15 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suddenlly as if waking from a nightmare Ulthoks' eyes come open slowly at first.He is swallowing a liquid that someone is pouring into his mouth.At first being in a fog he is alarmed he is looking into the face of an unknown dwarf.He is not sure if he is being saved or maybe poisioned.Sitting upright but to weak to really do anything he takes a look around the room.

Man what had happened here the last thing he can remember was trying to penetrate Krelis's magical shield as a humming bird, then intense pain a burning sensation and finally darkness.As he looks around he realizes he has been out for a little while.two dead giants lie in one area, two strange beasts in another while half gnoll bodies litter the area.Krelis is no longer standing where he was but there is a strange darkness in one cornor of the room.

He sees Af'till tending to Halia while a couple of dwarves he doesn't know along with Conall and Alistar seem to be attacking the darkness in the cornor.He sees Flit lying most likely dead and he sees Hawks body thrown against one wall headless.The halfling mage/thief feels sick to his stomach did they win or lose this battle or just barlely escape with some luck.What a price we have paid for this.Knowing he can do nothing till he regains some stregnth he will dig into his pack a bring out one of his extra healing potions and drink the whole thing.Then as he feels his stregnth return and his body heal he lets go a cry of anguish a deep guttural cry that probally startles the dwarf tending to him.

Feeling better Ulthok gets to his feet and survays the damage around him.it seems all but Af'till and this one dwarf were intent on battling whatever was hiding in the darkened cornor.Thanking the dwarf who had gave him the healing potin he gives him his name.Thanking you sir for your help I am Ulthok warrior to the king.He can here all the pounding on the closed steel door since noone is opening it he assumes that their are enemies behind that portal.Yelling across to Af'till he asksAf'till friend where am I most needed I am ready to help once again.Finally he scans the room looking for Sunblaze to see what he might do for her.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

In the light
Posted on 9/27/2005 at 6:20:34 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding himself initially surrounds by darkness, he knew that Krelis was attempting his escape. Using what was left of his psionic strength, Alasdair reached out to detect the life essence of Krelis and use that as a guiding beakon.

Onward he moved, he was quite surprised to see the darkness fade accompanied by the sound of a bouncing coin. Alasdair laughed loudly as the group was working together and aiding each other without needing to be directed. Each apparently looking about to see what was needed. He also knew that the injured where being tended to. He was thankful that his call to do so had come when it did, with the turn of events for the battle. In either circumstance, the others would have helped and they must surely be thanked upon his return to the room, for now his focus was on the evil Krelis and trying to stop him from escaping.

As Alasdair continued forward, he finally took a moment to reflect upon the past few moments. He remembered that as darkness had fallen a dwarf and Connall had been moving in his direction. To both he called out, "Well Met my friends, for we shall indeed still find Krelis and end his wasteful existance." Then to the dwarf he states, "I am Alasdair MacKenzie and I am indeed thankful for your assistance."

(OOC: Alasdair will use the power of Life Detection to find Krelis and follow him.)

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Which action to do?
Posted on 9/28/2005 at 7:25:04 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First sitution

Assuming the DM had Krelis attempt leave using the secrets door, after he found it since he couldn’t find it earlier, in the few second of night I will reply to Ulthork, “Welcome back to the land of good fortune, but time is short can you please help them find that door Krelis was looking for so we can hunt him down. Plus it gives a way out of here.” Calling to the Dwarf I gave the potion to lend a hand to Mighty Cor the fallen cleric of Odin and revive him to he battle glory once more.

If the Evil cleric is not here I will ask Haila to get Flit body and Dwarf #2 to retrieve the body of hawk for the journey out of this room. I will grasp Sunblaze during our escape.


While the group does what they will, I will look for way to reinforce the doors(ie the joints) or at least place obstacles in the way to retard the progress of our unfriendly door knockers before we leave and only if we have time. Any suggestion would be help



Second sitution


If Krelis is still in the room I will ask Ulthork to stop his retreat by find the door and stopping him from escaping while the fighter take care of the cleric. I will not call to the other to get the body for they is still combat going on, but will call to the dwarf to heal Cor since he close to him then I.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

To Kralis or not to Kralis?
Posted on 9/30/2005 at 2:29:10 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall moved forward and as he reached Kalis he saw a glent of fear in the evil ones eyes. Then blackness took his eyes. ‘He continues to play tricks on your mind. Know where he was, attack it. Then stand and let him come to you. The others will surely not fallow.’ Conall stood motionless; if this was magi there were others there to remove it. Then he will see what he sees. ‘Boy move to the attack! What are you doing? Care not of the others, it is the evil you must find and kill. Glory is your! What are you doing? Figh…’

It was then the sound of 4 coins could be heard hitting the ground and light came back to Conall’s world. Conall closed his eyes and counted to 3 and then opened them knowing this would give him immediate sight.

OOC: Ok Mr. Till What does Conall see? If you answer I will edit post and continue. Kralis or no Kralis…

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

akk
Posted on 10/3/2005 at 5:22:39 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first there was dark. Then briefly the light of the room. Then fur. Shifting the 30 pounds of cat off her face. She realized she again couldn't see anything. Touching her face again briefly she realized Niamedris wasn't what was blocking her sight. Hearing the shouts of her companions, and a few voices she didn't recognize, she realized the cleric was trying to escape. Still laying on her back she cast a dispel magic and hoped she wasn't going to get trampled by whatever enemies were still in the room on thier mad dash to the door.
alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

Sorry, I'm late
Posted on 10/4/2005 at 9:31:36 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma stops to look at the darkness and spits in disgust. “Hold yourselves boys,” he says to his remaining men, “No point charging in blind." The running of the spell caster makes the dwarf annoyed though, it had been a nice little fight...but too short.

As the dwarf awaits the dropping of the spell, he is greeted by a few members of the party. “Well met.” He replies, “I am Magma Ironclaw. My men and I have been exploring some caves recently discovered when we heard the sound of your battle. We are all that is left of thirteen hearty dwarves that started the expedition.”

OOC: If there is a fight to be had after the darkness, then Magma is in. Otherwise he will gather up Simon and help the party get back on their feet. Although not a healer, the fighter can at least tie a field dressing.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:35:12.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Time to meet and Greet

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Time to meet and Greet
Posted on 10/4/2005 at 2:37:36 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A battle over, rounds turned back into turns. Minutes not seconds now ticking off a clock no one could see. Members thought dead once again brought back to life, did again in some cases act....


Ulthok awoke to the face of a dwarf he did not know yet a potion vial held empty before him. A quick greeting by the dwarf given, the Halfling in kind did also respond. As the new dwarf did move away Ulthok knowing more healing did he need retrieved a potion of his own and swiftly did he drink it empty.

With his body now stronger and seeing the others all busy a second and third dwarf counted among the party he called out to Af’til asking where might he be of the most use. As he awaited the Elf’s answer a battlefield he did survey and the cost of this battle was clear.

And as an Elder of his village had once said to him and gathered others sometimes victory is worse then defeat for the victor has to bury the dead....

Af’til seeing that Conall, Alasdair and the Dwarf leader Magma were headed into the newly created area of Darkness was quick to provide aid. Into a pouch he did reach and brought forth 4 gold coins each with a spell of Continual Light upon them and into the Darkness he did throw them. A gift from a Mage friend they had been and 6 more did he yet have.

The first coin was at once a failure the Darkness cast stronger then that of the Continual Light. The second and third coins lasted each a few moments more then too went dark. But with the arrival of the fourth coin the Darkness was dispelled and light once again shined anew.

But Af’til did stop there for he was on a mission from his God, even if no glasses of shade wore he. So calling to both the second dwarf and in response to Ulthok he did send them to recover the bodies of both Hawk and Flit as he moved towards Cor. Taking a Potion of Extra-Healing that he had gained from Conall during the fight he raised the dwarf’s head and poured.

What should have taken only seconds seemed to last much longer as if the dwarf did not want to return to the living at all. But then his eyes did open and once again Cor alive clearly was he....

Alasdair wrapped in Darkness knew not where Krelis was but his sense of Life Detection told him the evil Cleric/Mage was moving away his means of escape, Krelis clearly had found. Then the sound of coins falling and the Darkness was gone and he could see before him…..A blank wall no sign or hint of a door anywhere.
A secret door for sure must be hidden before him thought the Cavalier/Psionist and with no regards to any a trap laid before him, he began to search....

Conall had last turn moved quickly into the area now cloaked in Darkness and like the other with him could at first see nothing. But with the coming of light all was once again revealed and a frantic Alasdair he did see searching the wall before him, the Cleric/Mage Krelis gone....

Magma seeing the Darkness before him gone and with it all enemies also did not see the need to move further forward. Instead he turned to the others with him and introduced himself.

"Well met I am Magma Ironclaw. My men and I have been exploring some caves recently discovered when we heard the sound of your battle. We are all that is left of thirteen hearty dwarves that started the expedition."

With that done he looked for his trusty hand axe only to find it no where to be found, it like the Cleric/Mage was gone....

Haila woke up confused, disoriented and with 30 pounds of kitty on her face. A darkness seen but for a moment in the distance, a spell she almost did cast.

But before the words were finished to a spell of Dispel Magic the Darkness was no more, and as such a spell she did save.
Her task now to render aid to any in need, Niamedris annoying in his desire for attention....

SOMEWHERE ELSE( Mayhap Valhalla??)

Cor knowing he was dying could feel that his heart was slower to beat and his breath was header to catch with every passing second.
Friends he knew were dead yet came before him to welcome him home, but then the timing and nature of them changed. Instead of a welcome they now politely turned him away. Even the lady Taila did appear a message for her sister upon her lips.
But then as if from nowhere suddenly before him stood Cor’s God and the overlord of Trilogy the All Father himself.
Instantly Cor dropped to his knees as Odin himself spoke.

"You have done well these many years Cor and you truly deserve a place here among your kin. However, your task is not yet finished. Conall still requires guidance and evaluation. Return to your body and serve me a bit longer."

Odin motioned and the light began to fade. Cor knew then that he would not die and once again his feet would travel upon the earth of Trilogy. Yet his brief visit here had taught him not to over estimate his own importance for like anyone, death was only a moments time away.

But oh how wonderful it had been to learn that for him to die Valhalla would be where his soul would rest his deeds good and worthy, his God just. He would remember this place and those visited here for the rest of his life and a message to a female friend yet logged in his mind. As he thought to remember this his eyes did open but nothing did he see the Darkness for the Dwarf still very much a reality. Cor once again was returned to the land of the living, yet blind it seemed was he.....

A battle over with dead on both sides. An Evil Cleric/Mage for the moment escaped sure it was the party would see him again. New friends to meet and the next move to be determined, and people in a prison yet held. Would a rescue be attempted.

The clock once ticking the minutes till death away, for the moment quiet. A mission complete yet the prize still lying very much alone and unconscious in the corner, a time to wake her now at hand....

OOC: ok all here it be read it and ponder for a moment how close ya all came......

Other then that I am going to do healing in a different way from this point on so please check the Q/A thread later today for an explanation.
Next post Monday or earlier if all of you post before then.
Remember there are two players waiting to come in they being Nightgold again with a new character, and miss Soula Steele so the faster we get to them the faster they get into this game.
Thanks to all.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:39:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


87

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

New direction to go...
Posted on 10/4/2005 at 3:41:36 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, frustration clearly on his face, Alasdair continued to search for the secret passage that allowed Krelis to escape their grasp and retribution. Frantically he searched, while maintaining his mental abilities to discern his location. He clearly knew that Krelis had passed through this wall, for he had felt the air move as Krelis made his escape and heard him grunt in pain, presumably from either stubbing his toes, or walking into the wall in the darkness, or by chance a successful attack by one of his comrades, he know not the cause, or the sounds with made Alasdair smile.

Realizing this, Alasdair looks upon the floor to find the blood marks or possible foot prints in the dust/dirt that might indicate where Krelis had passed through the wall.

He took a moment to look about his and look at what the others were doing. Many were giving aid, Cor was on the floor still and looking dazed. Time to take action and lead his comrades to their safety, for surely the more important thing was that the Lady Althena had been rescued and they were still yet alive. It would not be good to loose her in a quest to seek Krelis, if a quick way through the wall was not found soon. For he could sense Krelis moving away from his present location and thus forcing a possible shift in their plans.

"My friends, Krelis has indeed escaped us, we have been soarly treated in these halls, the enemy yet pounds on the doors (pointing to the barred doors) our friends have perished and their deaths will have been in vain if we do not live to leave these halls or allow the Lady to perish while we search for the cleric," annouces Alasdair. "I know full well the measure of each of you, yet now is not the time to press our fortunes. We need to leave these halls quickly, our task has been completed. We have still have other prisoners to free and need time to rest and recover. Our paths will surely cross with Krelis again and justice will be served. But for now heal what we may, but to the surface and fresh air we must go," continued Alasdair.

To Magma and his fellow dwarves, he says, "Good fellows, would ye be inclined to continue onward with our party and lend aid to each other for the common good of all?" Having said all this, Alasdair looks at the wall, heaves a sigh and then moves away and walks towards the Lady Althena with a look of concern upon his face.

(OOC: Alasdair will drop the use of Life Detection when he turns away from the wall and try to save his remaining psionic strength.)

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Statement of the bold
Posted on 10/4/2005 at 4:50:24 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While do the active I stated in the last post I will response to Alasdair. “I do say we need to get to the top of damnable maze of darkness, but I do also believe it is our duty to help the other prisoner held here against their will as well. For they are the Men- at- arm that give us the first defense against the enemy of the state and we surely not be turn from in their time of need. And we known were the this mazes armory are, we can arm them to help them combat their and our way out for we know that Krelis probably has his troop collecting in one area to mass a larger group to take care of us for good, or if he smart he would high tail it out of here and save his own skin.

I believe that if we leave now they will perish before we can come back to retrieve them for you saw what happen to the guard upstairs. I just can’t let 200 lives die because we didn’t try, we past them over once for this lady, but I will not pass them by again.


They are soldiers and Clerics of the king we work for, and they can hold there own once they have the chance to do so. The priest/clerics still have there connect to there gods, they might even be able to help us heal and make us ready for battle again. Or give an hour I can grant two people a full night rest and make them refresh as we woke this morning ready to and able to assist in the escape, but I would suggest that we move from this room first for they known we are here, useless someone can say how long the think the door can hold (looking at anyone that known about construction and tunnels). As they rest a few of us with excellence sneaking able can see if we are able to do anything to help the prisoners.
We have already cleared the first to lvl of their veil evil, all that remain is this floor, and we should attempt to crush the uprising while we can, before it rages out of our control.”



Being team with Af’til for the last eight month according to history, you known that Af’til will do whatever the group decide to do with out hesitation, he just stating his view. Plus the more man power we have on our side the easier it will get out of here, hopefully.

As a side note I turn to the New Dwarf and ask about the tunnels they enter by and where the lead. It might be a second way out. For even if we reach the surface nothing there to stop them from hunting down while we try to get back to the King. The troop we rescue can battle one front while we get the lady to safety by the back way. Af’til can feel comfortable about letting the troop die in battle while we get away instead of dieing in chains.

OOCSorry about the grammer am very sleep at keyboard. long neverending week at work.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

Napster
Posted on 10/5/2005 at 8:11:47 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why to you needed a nap my dear Cor, you have justed woken up, is that not enough rest for you tried bones. And yes i have the ability to make you sleep but i know not the mage you speak of.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

If Haila is the voice of reason....
Posted on 10/5/2005 at 4:16:39 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the far end of the room Haila managed to struggle up to a standing positionShe was bone tired. Surprisingly the cat wasn't much better. They must have been down here a long time. Her sense of time was widly distorted from being mostly dead for a good chunk of the day. She walked over to her back and almost fell as she slung it over a shoulder. Looking at the party...well the ones she knew..they were battered and fighting exhaustion as well.

A heavy sigh she raised her voice to carry weriness seeming through her voice as it settled into her bones. "This is a very large room, with one door which, and I can personally attest to this, is very heavy. We can't fight like this. I suggest we get the prisoners bring them here. Treat them as best as we are able with what we have handy. Post a few watches and leave tomorrow."

She passes Althena and offers her her spare cloak. "I doubt with out traps and enemies I could so much as managed to walk out of here..." Belatedly she absorbed something else that was said her practicallity went out the window (if this place had had one), turnng to Cor she blurted out, "What do you mean you can't see?"

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

The Need to move onward...
Posted on 10/6/2005 at 2:47:58 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While still heading toward the Lady Althena, Alasdair says, "My friends, yes the prisoners held in the cells should be of high importance to us as we leave these halls. I also feel that it is our duty to the church and to the king to free them, as I have already stated." Kneeling down beside Althena, he continued "However, we must not rest here in this room. For the door that Lady Haila has mentioned, though it may be heavy, is only temporarily holding the enemy at bay," cautioned Alasdair. The loud banging of the monsters on the otherside easily attested to their own efforts to gain access to the room that they were now in.

"More importantly," continued Alasdair, "there is some other secret way out of this room that Krelis has already used to escape... He just might return through that same entrance with re-inforcements of his own and could make an easy slaughter of those that we freed if we brought them here." Taking a pause to look about the room at each of his friends and comrades, "Either way, we must deal with those behind the metal doors, or find Krelis' escape route to leave this room. Especially if we want to avoid having to deal with the possibility of facing the monsters and Krelis in a coordinated attack upon us."

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

A Halfling in Transition
Posted on 10/7/2005 at 1:23:25 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As everyone moves about the room introducing themselves and debating what they should do next Ulthok has remained quit and withdrawn.The sights around him had hit him hard as it always does when he loses a friend.The sight of Hawks headless body was extreamly hard for him,then the other halfling was dead also, and when he thought they had also lost Cor it was almost more than his mind could handle

He gazed over where the Lady Sunblaze was being tended to and it appeared she was coming around at least a little, but he was having trouble even with that.The King had sent them to rescue this one lady and their group had paid a terrible price
and as of yet have not gotten out themselves.He couldn't help it but he was beginning to question this blind faith they where placing in the king.They did as he asked without question now three or four of them where dead and for what?They were not even told why or what the impotance this Lady held, well it better be something good.

He felt bad about his questioning of their mission but all this death was having an effect on him.He had to pull himself togeather.First thing he does is join everyone else in deceiding what to do next.I also agree we should try to rescue the rest of the men held here but I question the wisdom of going out the door we came in.Can't anyone here try to find the door Krelis used to escape?Going over to where the dark spell once was he can see nothing that looks like a portal at all.

I also agree we could use some rest but here I'm afraid is not the place or time.We must move from here, but I just don't know how.

After this useless rambling he deceides to try and be helpfull.The first thing he will do and go to the large steel door and using all his skills check to see how sealed the door is.He is looking to see if he can find anyway that something like smoke or a cloud or fog you know can he cast something like cloudkill so it could move out through some opening in the door to reach those on the other side, without any hurting us in the room.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

No time for bickering
Posted on 10/7/2005 at 6:52:50 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall opened his eyes and saw nothing. There were others around him, but Krelis was gone. A glaze came over his eyes and his lips became very dry. Conall reaches down and removes an extra healing potion and drinks it down and then throws the vial at the wall before him. The warm feeling of the thick liquid fills Conall and he begins to feel the healing power of the potion (69hp).

He watches Alasdair as he examines the wall then hears some form of words that Conall perceives as some form of orders to the others left standing. Then Af’Til chimes in with some words that sound the same but still hold nothing of value to Conall as he stands and watches the goings on around the room and trying to feel the air around him.

It is then Conall hears something he can understand. Cor’s voice brakes the confusion, "Connal, where are ya lad. Come help me up and tell me what has happened."

“I am here Brother Cor.” Conall for the first time looks at Cor and sees there is defiantly something wrong. He moves over to Cor’s side and lends what aid he can, “What is it old man? I am here. Ask anything of me. I will do as I may to ease your pain.” Cor could sence that the true Conall was some where far away. He would have never spoken thusly. Where was the Conall that would have taken the easy jab at the old dwarf at a time such as this? It is then Cor asks about the ability to Nap, “Af’Til my friend watch him. I will be back I have to retrieve my back pack and give the Lady Althena a bundle I have carried from the Monistary.”

Conall then goes to his pack and gets the small bundle wrapped in a cloak and then closes his pack and slings it over one arm. Then he moves over to the Lady Althena “Lady Haila, if you will see to Brother Cor. I know your hands guiding him will be more welcome than my cold heartless hands." He musters up a smile as he helps the Lady Haila to her feet after she has given the cloak to Althena. Then Conall takes to a knee before Althena and leans in real close and whispers to her, “Good Lady, I am Conall Glendower of the House Glendower. I have fought death and evil to get here. By my death if that is what it takes you will walk out of here this day. I have this bundle for you; it is some of your things from your room. It is a change of clothes and a book keep the cloak please as a gift. I do not know your part in all this but the King thinks you very valuable. You have already cost the lives of some very brave warriors. I hope you are worth it Ma’Lady. I do not hold you to blame. The King will answer to that. Until then I will give my life to protect you, have no fear of that.”

Conall then stands and walks over to where he thinks the secret door might be and examines the wall. Alasdair continues his words of debate with the rest of the group. Then Ulthok who up to this point remained silent opened his mouth and put his two cents in. When the conversations of all seem to start running together and it seemed to be getting no where Conall seemed to snap.

“Silence! You dwarf, Magma. Thank you. This is what is left of our party. Now with that out of the way, it is said dwarves have an eye for construction. If you would send one of your warriors over to the door and see if it will stand for but one and a half hours, if so then you who can make with the nap do so those that need to nap take your sleep and be refreshed in mind. Then Alasdair and I will go throw the door Kalis left from. Right now I need one or both of the two so trained in the shadowy arts of treasure finding, find the door I speak of and tell me if we can go that way. We will then find the prisoners locked in the cages of this evil place. With luck and courage their numbers will make us even stronger. Perhaps strong enough to find our way out of this place and back to the king where we may deliver this package he so highly desires." Conall pauses for a moment and then continues. “We have no time for debate as who is leader or wither we go this way or that. These are my words, if you fallow me then lets get started. Those are not well wishers on the other side of that door. If you do not wish me to lead then Alasdair you have heard what if have to say and it falls upon your shoulders.”

Conall then walks over to the solid heavy door to see for him self what he can see.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Next Move...
Posted on 10/7/2005 at 7:28:42 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Without letting his feelings show on his face, Alasdair heard Conall's words and was taken aback. Though his intent may have been well aimed, his manner showed his lack of respect for the opinions of his comrades. Plans and action were needed and the party was already moving towards each. Conall's barking of orders was ill received, he acted as if no one else had been able to make a decision without his guidance. But now was not the time to debate with Conall or show a fractured front.

With a new resolve he approached Conall, "Yer speech be yet somewhat dramatic, but we have no quarrel between us. This is not a debate or contest for leadership of this group. Things needed to be done and a course was given. Others have been doing stuff well enough..." said Alasdair, letting his sentence trail off unfinished. He then continued, "There is no such dissention or bickering, for until now we've all been of a similar mind." Without pausing he continued, "Though it is relevant to point out the dangers of staying here to rest. While I respect your opinions, staying here puts us all at risk unneccessarily. And before ye boof out your noble chest and complain, I think that you would see the dangers of staying here. Either way, this is not the time to squabble over our safety or the group's leadership."

Leaning forward he whispered, "But if ye do have a quarrel with me, then address it privately, for I would not address you as undeservingly as you just did to me. Ye would do well to remember that we are all friends, not cattle. A leader can be either gentle or harsh in his methods. Decide which is the better choice for yerself before appointing yerself to Lady Dru's position. For though she led well, she did not talk down upon her peers.... We can address this later, once we are out of these halls, if ye feel the need."

Having said that he returned to Lady Althena's side, "I am Alasdair MacKenzie and I do believe that we have touched each other's minds briefly. Rest assured that you are safe and in good company. Such loyal subjects the King could not find any where. What Conall has stated is true, we have lost many friends trying to find you. We hope that their sacrifices were not in vain that that the knowledge that you hold is indeed as important as the King has suggested."


alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

The way is shut
Posted on 10/9/2005 at 11:09:23 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The darkness is gone and with it the axe that Magma had named “Simon”. It had served him well over the years but he had been a soldier long enough to know that equipment is often lost in battle, no point moaning about it.

The Dwarf looks around the area where the evil cleric once was, hoping to find signs of shifting walls or construction that is different than the rest of the dungeon.
He responses to Alasdair, “There be better strength in numbers so we would be honoured to join with you. My mission and oath is sworn to the dwarven king, but I do not think we are at cross purposes. What brings you here? I hear talk of a lady, some prisoners and 200 lives? What be your purpose here so I may aid you?

To Af’til, Magma explains, “I am afraid the way is shut to us, or else I would have gone back for reinforcements myself. We were sent by the Dwarven King to explore these tunnels found, new in construction and not made by hand of dwarf nor men. The route we took here is no longer an option. A daft ogre, with a poor backswing, took the main support pillar out of a long hall, collapsing the room upon his fool head. If those tunnels had been constructed by dwarves, I can tell you there would have been secondary supports. So we be looking for a way out ourselves to report to the King.”

With a chuckle and a smile, the dwarven warrior responses to Conall’s request, “You human, Conall. You are most welcome. We can examine this room as you have asked, but I don’t think it is wise to be napping when there are enemies about, especially an enemy that is wounded. I struck true with my axe, of that I am sure. But if you are in dire need of rest, and you looks to be, We will stand watch for you. As to leadership, I not here to challenge anyone, I been in enough battles to know when to follow a lead and when to lead so others will follow.”

OOC: Magma and his men will look over the room for signs of shifting walls, new construction and all those lovely dwarfy senses we have. I believe that I have spikes in my pack if we need to shut the doors more than whatever lock are available.



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:43:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Matters of the group

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Matters of the Group
Posted on 10/12/2005 at 4:01:25 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Nap or not to Nap that was the basic question voiced by one, yet thought by all.
Yet massive double doors of steel to their front, the enemy banging upon, and a hidden secret door not yet found. Could the party risk it or was it once again time to move on, their mission objective alive yet in no way safe. Their exit to freedom from these tunnels two levels yet above them....


Alasdair had taken a few moments after Krelis’s escape to study the wall before him knowing a secret door there must be. But to his dismay he had not the eye or the skill to detect one, that would be up to Ulthok the parties only remaining thief. With his ability of Life Detection he could sense the evil Cleric/Mage moving away with no way at this time to stop him, so in frustration the Cavalier/Psionist cancelled his Life Detection and turned away, all but 4 of his PSP’s gone.
Moving to rejoin the other party members and the 3 new dwarves Alasdair cannot help but speak the words weighing on his mind and heavy to him they truly be.

"My friends, Krelis has indeed escaped us, we have been sorely treated in these halls, the enemy yet pounds on the doors (pointing to the barred doors) our friends have perished and their deaths will have been in vain if we do not live to leave these halls or allow the Lady to perish while we search for the cleric. I know full well the measure of each of you, yet now is not the time to press our fortunes. We need to leave these halls quickly, our task has been completed. We have still have other prisoners to free and need time to rest and recover. Our paths will surely cross with Krelis again and justice will be served. But for now heal what we may, but to the surface and fresh air we must go"

Upon completing his thoughts brought to voice he greets Magma and the other 2 dwarves and asks of them if a joining of forces is indeed possible. For it is clear enough to the Cavalier/Psionist that with Krelis escaped the way up may be more of a fight then the way down....

Now Af’til hearing Alasdair’s concerns does also bring his thoughts to light hoping not to compound the parties woe’s. His words like the Cavalier/Psionist before him heavy yet needed to be said.

"I to say we need to get to the top of this damnable maze of darkness, but I do also believe it is our duty to help the other prisoners held here against their will as well. For if they be the missing Men-at-arms from the Monastery thay will give us a better defense against the enemy within these tunnels and we surely can not turn from them in their time of need. And as we know where this mazes armory is, we can arm them to help them fight their and our way out, for we know that Krelis probably has his troop collecting in one area to mass a larger group to take care of us for good, or if he smart he would high tail it out of here and save his own skin.
I believe that if we leave now they will perish before we can come back to retrieve them for you saw what happen to the guard upstairs. I just can’t let 200 lives die because we didn’t try, we past them over once for this lady, but I will not pass them by again.
They are soldiers and Clerics of the king we work for, and they can hold there own once they have the chance to do so. The priest/clerics still have there connect to there gods, they might even be able to help us heal and make us ready for battle again. Or give an hour I can grant two people a full night rest and make them refresh as we woke this morning ready to and able to assist in the escape, but I would suggest that we move from this room first for they know we are here, useless someone can say how long they think the door can hold. As we rest a few of us with skills in the art of stealth can see if we are able to do anything to help the prisoners.
We have already cleared the first to level of their veil evil, all that remains is this floor, and we should attempt to crush the uprising while we can, before it rages out of our control."

Turning to the newly arrived Magma, the Ranger/Cleric asks of him if there is anything that the dwarf may know to help them escape these hellish tunnels of magic. For it is widely known that of all the races dwarves are masters of the underground. Af’til hopes as such for he too knows that no longer is the party here in secret their presence now know by all things evil....

Magma unsure of those around him other then his last 2 dwarven warriors had until this moment remained quiet, pondering his next move and the words of the party before him.
But now so addressed personally by both a human warrior and this parties lone surviving elf he chose to speak.

"There be better strength in numbers so we would be honored to join with you. My mission and oath is sworn to the dwarven king, but I do not think we are at cross purposes. What brings you here? I hear talk of a lady, some prisoners and 200 lives? What be your purpose here so I may aid you? I am afraid the way is shut to us, or else I would have gone back for reinforcements myself. We were sent by the Dwarven King to explore these tunnels found, new in construction and not made by hand of dwarf nor men. The route we took here is no longer an option. A daft ogre, with a poor back swing, took the main support pillar out of a long hall, collapsing the room upon his fool head. If those tunnels had been constructed by dwarves, I can tell you there would have been secondary supports. So we be looking for a way out ourselves to report to the King."

His words said it was here that Magma could clearly see the tired, disheveled state of this party and as such offered the protection of he himself and his 2 warriors as guards while the rest of them slept and recovered what spells they could in a short period of time for to linger long having looked at the steel doors was not a option. Though strong and made to last the pounding on the doors would weaken them as such breaking them down in a matter of a few hours or minutes it was hard to be fully sure. Now the two parties as one he awaited a consensus’s of thought....

Cor was awake, aware, and totally blind. His first reaction upon this realization was to call out slightly in fear to the Paladin Conall to come to his side hoping for his help. But the Paladin, Cor found to his dismay had not that needed to allow him to once again to see. The Blindness permanent till a Cure Blindness was there available to be cast.
As such Cor calls out to any close by that perhaps the time for a nap spell is now.

"Did one of our mages mention a 'nap' spell earlier? If so I would ask that we use it now. First of all we need to recharge spells in case we are attacked on our way out. Second I would am rather anxious to get my sight back."

No longer it seems is the dwarf Cleric worried about Krelis, and with Conall, then Haila at his side he does finally relax, awaiting a party’s answer....

Haila though agreed was she to the idea of rescuing the other prisoners held, she differed on where to rest after freeing them. Her proposal was to go to free them then return here to hold out till fully healed and rested.

"This is a very large room, with one door which, and I can personally attest to this, is very heavy. We can't fight like this. I suggest we get the prisoners bring them here. Treat them as best as we are able with what we have handy. Post a few watches and leave tomorrow."

Moving closer to Cor as asked by Conall she stops but for a moment by a half naked Althena and offers her spare cloak as no one before the Mage/Fighter has thought to cover her.
In fact it seems as now that she is in their possession no one has spared her a thought since the battles end. Her spare cloak given and Althena now better clothed she moved and knelt next to a blind Cor and taking his hand sat beside him.
She too awaited a final decision by the party leaderless as it was....

Ulthok was not a happy halfling no two ways about it he was Angry!!. This mission to rescue this Althena had now cost them the life of 4 fellow party members including that of their leader, the lady Drusilia.
He had with her found a closeness rare for him at the best of times yet now she was dead for what a King’s ‘special friend‘. Ulthok hoped that the cloak clad women before him was worth it if not words would be said.
Moving to join the others he too heard and listened to the words spoken and as those before him did speak also. Yet his words in some way strange as now he was the party’s only thief.

"I also agree we should try to rescue the rest of the men held here but I question the wisdom of going out the door we came in. Can't anyone here try to find the door Krelis used to escape?
I also agree we could use some rest but here I'm afraid is not the place or time. We must move from here, but I just don't know how.

With all said that he desired to say he first moved to the wall and in a half hearted way glanced at it finding nothing but a plain wall. No skill of his class in finding secret doors or portals did he use and as if in disdain of them moved to the doors of steel instead. Checking the doors more thoroughly he found that they did not reach all the way to the ground with a few meters of space between doors and floor. A small crack of space to be sure but an opening to the hallway, and in turn an opening into the room, nonetheless.

Conall throughout this whole time had been quiet a word from his lips not yet spoken, as yet it seemed in a daze and not yet ready to respond. Finally having no foes to his front a Potion of Extra Healing did he drink giving him back some health yet living him far from full. It was here that a cry from Cor did bring him to the dwarf’s side, but no aid could the Paladin give, for the moment, his blind mentor.
Then seeing the kindness of the lady Haila towards the Lady Althena a remembered thought came to him and asking Haila to watch over Cor to his backpack the Paladin did go. With a smaller backpack in hand and a quiet word to Althena, her clothes from the Monastery he did return. It was clear to Conall that Althena though happy for her things was busy watching Alasdair when not replying to questions directed to her.
Standing upright the purpose having returned to his eyes he knew it was time for him to finally speak his piece. With a tone of command that before had not been evident he spoke.

"Silence! You dwarf, Magma. Thank you. This is what is left of our party. Now with that out of the way, it is said dwarves have an eye for construction. If you would send one of your warriors over to the door and see if it will stand for but one and a half hours, if so then you who can make with the nap do so those that need to nap take your sleep and be refreshed in mind. Then Alasdair and I will go threw the door Krelis left from. Right now I need one or both of the two so trained in the shadowy arts of treasure finding, find the door I speak of and tell me if we can go that way. We will then find the prisoners locked in the cages of this evil place. With luck and courage their numbers will make us even stronger. Perhaps strong enough to find our way out of this place and back to the king where we may deliver this package he so highly desires. We have no time for debate as who is leader or wither we go this way or that. These are my words, if you follow me then lets get started. Those are not well wishers on the other side of that door.If you do not wish me to lead then Alasdair you have heard what I have to say and it falls upon your shoulders."

His thoughts turned into words now spoken, a direct challenge given to the Cavalier/Psionist by name. No surprise it was than that at once he received a reply to them by Alasdair in no uncertain terms.

"Yer speech be yet somewhat dramatic, but we have no quarrel between us. This is not a debate or contest for leadership of this group. Things needed to be done and a course was given. Others have been doing stuff well enough. There is no such dissention or bickering, for until now we've all been of a similar mind.
Though it is relevant to point out the dangers of staying here to rest. While I respect your opinions, staying here puts us all at risk unnecessarily. And before ye boof out your noble chest and complain, I think that you would see the dangers of staying here. Either way, this is not the time to squabble over our safety or the group's leadership."
Leaning forward he whispered
"But if ye do have a quarrel with me, then address it privately, for I would not address you as undeservingly as you just did to me. Ye would do well to remember that we are all friends, not cattle. A leader can be either gentle or harsh in his methods. Decide which is the better choice for yerself before appointing yerself to Lady Dru's position. For though she led well, she did not talk down upon her peers.... We can address this later, once we are out of these halls, if ye feel the need."

With these words spoken the room was quiet as everyone held a breath, would the need for a leader erupt into a clash of arms or would only words yet be spoken..

The party clearly in some turmoil as to who is to lead or not to lead, and where to go or not to go. A pair of heavy steel doors that could possibly hold back the evil on the other side for maybe days, hours, or only minutes no real way to know which. The sound of the pounding no longer of many hands but of one large object heavier in strength then bare flesh alone.

A secret door not yet found a possible means of escape, yet also a means of entrance for a new force of foes. Bodies and blood littered around slowly beginning to rot the threat of disease real.

The party for a moment safe but a moment soon to be ended, a clock yet ticking but in whose favor unknown. Decisions needed to be made by all and to bicker over right or wrong now not the time at all.
TICK TOCK...TICK TOCK...TICK TOCK...

(OOC: Ok I added the words of all of you as you all made good points and I wanted to make sure that all words were read by everyone.
Yeah you have got a few matters to settle for sure but that is up to you guys but remember the door will not hold forever. Ok next post Monday.)


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:45:00.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


88

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 612
Reply | Edit

Moving onward
Posted on 10/12/2005 at 6:24:06 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Cor listened to those around him. As usual, there was much disagreement. At first noone seemed to be willing to make a firm decision and when one finally did he was immediatley questioned by another. Always it was the same with this group.

One thing Cor did notice was a change in the sound from the heavy doors. It had once been many hands beating, now it was a single thumping. 'Battering Ram' was his first thought. That was not a good sign. As much as he hated the idea of moving blind thru these halls, he realized the choice had been made for them by their enemies.

"Connal, Alasdair; please stop your petty bickering. Time is of the essance if we are to survive. The banging on the doors has taken on a new tone, one that is indicative of a heavy ram. As such I believe our staying here is no longer an option. We cannot survive another full-scale fight in our current condition. We can free those we find along the way and give them what we can spare that they may rescue their friends. If someone will guide me, I suggest we gather our things and begin our journey out of this place." Cor reached out for Halia's hand and attempted to get the others moving.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Course of action...
Posted on 10/12/2005 at 4:25:02 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Indeed Brother Cor, you are correct, this is not the time for such things," replied Alasdair. "Two options are before us, find that secret passage of Krelis' or fight those already outside yonder door. Hmmmm, though perhaps we might be able to avoid such a fight," continued Alasdair while still pondering the situation.

"While others search for Krelis' passage, we might be able to use alittle trickery to get out of this mess," he muses. "Does any of our spell caster have the ability to cast invisibility on our group, or perhaps an illusion?" he questioned. "If so, either would mask our pressence in the room. Thus, we might be able to avoid combat from those outside the room and exit this room after they have entered it and continue their search in vain for us. Either way, we must leave this room and quickly for the enemy is determined to not give us a chance to sleep or rest."

"If magic be not an option, then finding Krelis' passage is our best chance. Otherwise, we all know what to expect once those doors are breached," says Alasdair somberly. "We must prevail, Lady Althena, the prisioners and the 'two' Kings," with a quick glance towards the dwarves, "are depending on us to succeed in this quest," finishes Alasdair.

To Magma, "Well met and we are indeed indebted to you and your comrades, for it was a timely arrival that ye did make. We were sent to rescue the Lady Althena Sunblayze, a close friend of King Uthgar of Shanntara and a ward of his court. We know not the import of her knowledge, though she is regarded by the King as his own daughter. For us that the King wants her safe return is enough to go on."

With a smile, he moves closer to Lady Althena and extends his hand and says, "M'Lady, would you allow me to stay by your side whilst you get your footing and assess what has been returned to you? More importantly, is there anything that you need right now?" Having said that, he will then wait for a response and then start pointing out who is whom as the party moves about the room. An unasked question still in his mind, 'what to do with Hawk and Flit and their possessions, for surely honor must be given unto them.'

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

I am sorry
Posted on 10/12/2005 at 10:31:42 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall having been questioned by Alasdair was true to his word and let the yoke of leadership fall to Alasdair. He walked over to where Alasdair was with the Lady Althena and address the two, “Forgive the interruption Lady Althena. Alasdair, I had forgotten my place and miss spoke. Forgive me it should not happen again.” Conall with closed weapon fist, back of the hand outward moved it to quickly to his the chest plate of his armor and with the sound of closed fist on steel plate Conall rendered Alasdair a salute of respect. “We are bother in arms not two boys bickering over a toy. Please call for me when you have need.”

Conall moved over and took a place by Cor, “Well my friend, it seems I have time to sit for a moment. You spoke of bickering? Good friend I did not bicker, I heard what all had to say and then put everything in direction. So as all may know what is expected of them, then I address the only other person in the group that could lead us and told him that if others did not do as I have said that it should fall to him and that he knows my mind. Did I do wrong?”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 612
Reply | Edit

Well done
Posted on 10/13/2005 at 7:28:12 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Brother Connal you did not do wrong. None seem anxious to take on the mantle of leadership but all are quick to question any who tries. Worry yourself not; Tis a bit like herding cats with this group."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Cat Sheppard
Posted on 10/13/2005 at 10:01:53 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Ahh, herding cats. Now I see, and there is no use searching my back pack for I know I did not bring raw sardines nor Doogel leaves.”

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Sorry
Posted on 10/14/2005 at 2:35:30 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Ulthok examines the large steel door he sees there is a good opening that he could use to cast a spell under.He also notices that the sound of the banging changed from several banging fists and weapons to one large banging, probally a battering ram.With that sound the thief finally regains his senses.

Dam he has not been paying attention to what is going on around him.realizing he has been at best wasting time he addresses the group.
Please all accept my apology for I have not been myself since being revived.I'm afraid I used my only spell that could hide us back when we climbed into the extradimensional space eailer, but I may be able to cast under the steel door to at leaste slow of kill those out there.

As he is speaking he moves across the room to the wall where Krelis had vanaished and this time he uses all of his skills to his best ability to locate where the evil cleric made his escape.
As he works at his trade he continues to speak.I hope all will excuse my words from eailier for it was just the weight of all the death around us that made me question our duty here.I hope all here know I would give my own life to complete our mission for the king or for anyone of us here.

OOC: If Ulthok can find the door then he will act accordinlly.He will of course check it for any form of danger or traps, then if found attempt to disarm.
BIC: Yes, yes here it is here is one way we may get out.
OOC: If he can't find the door then he will suggest this.
BIC: I can't seem to find this other way out so it looks like we may have to fight our way.I can start by attempting to cast a cloud kill under the door to move out into the hall and maybe take out some of them.I don't know how dangerous that it might be, but I don't think it should move back this way but I can't say for sure.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Escape with a plan...
Posted on 10/14/2005 at 6:42:39 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a quick realization, he heard and understood Conall's words as he moved away. Not wanting to have problems with any in this group, for he valued them all too much in these past few days since that had met. "Aye M'Lord Conall, I do indeed need yer services and that of Brother Cor. ye both may be the best suited to care for our fallen comrades. Please see to them and give their bodies the respect that they have earned, for to Valhalla they have surely been sent. Also, secure their possessions, as we may yet need them before we get out of here. For they may be able to help those prisoners we free, to survive their flight from these halls. I am sure that Hawk and Flit would have wanted to help the others and would not protest such an action." says Alasdair calmly.

"Lady Haila, please assist Lady Althena in getting herself dressed and equiped for I think that we may be leaving very soon," continued Alasdair. To Magma and the dwarves, "Might ye continue to search for that hidden exit from this room. Please post a guard near the metal doors to monitor our pesky friends outside? For we would not want them to crash our party uninvited," jests Alasdair.

"Please hold a moment Master Ulthok, I think that our minds need to be sharp and ye be skilled in both the arts which may prevail here. First, do ye still have the ability to detect magic? For I would like to know whether any of the fallen monsters in this room had any magic possessions upon them, and second to make sure that we leave nothing from our fallen comrades behind which might aid our enemies. Most importantly, your ability to detect magic may reveal if Krelis' escape route is magically hidden from us by some means not presently understood. For I know that the wall can not be solid, as Krelis passed through some sort of door or passageway to escape from us in the darkness."

"Lord Af'Til may you use your ranger and Elven abilities to assist in the search for the door? Mayhaps your own tracking ability may discern where Krelis left the room and thus limit our search area?" queried Alasdair. Thus spoken, he hoped that his first actions as party leader would set things right and in motion. Time to answer for his actions would be later. For if he failed, he knew that he would also be failing his companions and the trust that had been placed in him.


alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

Pillage the dead!
Posted on 10/16/2005 at 12:37:20 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Lady Athena,” Magma gives the woman a deep bow of respect, “It is an honour to meet you. Long have my king and yours worked together to keep the lands of Shanntara free.”

With a few words and gestures, Magma sets his me up as guards by the door while he once again looks over the room for secret doors. This construction is magical in nature, and therefore does not have the same feel of proper dwarven made tunnels.

Once satisfied with the outcome, Magma will check out the bodies of the fallen enemies to see what they have upon them. Out of respect to the party he has just met, he will not disturb any of their dead.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

magical check
Posted on 10/17/2005 at 2:45:09 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulthok is glad to see that it seems that someone had finally taken charge of the situation they found themselves in.he himself was a good theif and a skilled mage but not made for leading men.He would do his best to aid and protect those he was with but would never make a good commandar.


Answering Alasdiar
Yes Sir I will hold and wait.I do have the detect magic ability still and will use it as you wish

Turning from where he was searching for the door Ulthok will without much fuss quickly cast his detect magic spell.He will then take inventory of the romm while using the spell.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:49:20.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


A Door not yet Found

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Door not yet Found
Posted on 10/18/2005 at 2:44:00 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two parties agreed to act as one to survive and escape this magical, yet evil place. Known for sure by all that two ways were there leading out, one yet hidden, one in plain sight.
The hidden mayhap the fastest and safest of the two. With the battle over the small amount of room features can now be seen.

In the 2 corners of this large room nearest the main doors there stands a statue of a stone warrior the eyes of each a different color. One Blue, one Green.

The ceiling of the room is 60’ high and doomed at its center but other then these few features and those already motioned the room is bare.
Though large the room itself is depressing.

It was Cor whose trained dwarven ears did first notice the sound of the beating upon the door had changed to that of a ram. No longer did only mere hands quest for entrance into the room.

"Conall, Alasdair, please stop your petty bickering. Time is of the essence if we are to survive. The banging on the doors has taken on a new tone, one that is indicative of a heavy ram. As such I believe our staying here is no longer an option. We cannot survive another full-scale fight in our current condition. We can free those we find along the way and give them what we can spare that they may rescue their friends. If someone will guide me, I suggest we gather our things and begin our journey out of this place."

With these words spoken the time for talk was finished, action was needed now.
The need to find this doorway out became the #1 priority.
Without wasting time Alasdair gave his first real orders as leader to all.

Of Af’til he asked the Elf to use his skills to help mayhap find the door.

Then as to not leave anything to chance he turned to the Halfling Ulthok in a question of Magic.

To the Lady Haila he asked that she help the Lady Althena dress and keep her near.

To Conall and Cor he did give the task of dealing with the remains of Flit and Hawk’s bodies. To take all that was useful to the party and to pave their way to Valhalla with honor.

Next to Magma he did ask if he and his other dwarf would help the halfling in his search and between them find this hidden door while the third did the main doors guard.

But then the third dwarf on his way to the door did a cry give out for he had noticed for the first time the two party’s folly, for within this room yet lived enemies!!. Two Half-Gnolls yet alive and unharmed, the spell of Hold Monster due to run out at any time and once again battle would there be....

Ulthok wasted no time in his manual checks but no sign of any door or entrance, or anything other then a plain wall did he find. So in following Alasdair’s request he cast Detect Magic and before him lo and behold, a section of the wall began to glow....

Yet even with all these actions no way out had yet there truly been found and only a matter of time till once again the hell of battle would be upon them. A secret door that HAD to be there but how to find it seemingly beyond that of the party.
Could a way to find it be found in time....


(OOC: Ok Everyone Just to let you know I decided to give you a free turn as far as the two held Half-Gnolls are unconcerned as you all forgot about them. Be more aware next time ok.
Next post Monday a week.)



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:50:45.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


89

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Half-Gnolls and Magical Walls
Posted on 10/19/2005 at 5:09:44 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With an inward sigh of relief Alasdair watched as the group set about their tasks. For they were now acting and needed to maintain their readiness of body and spirit should a fight be brought upon them. To his surprise he heard the dwarf's call that two half-gnolls were yet held fast by magic. To the nearest dwarf he called, "Slit their throats and send them back to whence they came. A quick kill shows more mercy than they would have shown us."

To Ulthok he called, "Yer magic has indeed found something our physical searched had not, though I know not what." He quickly turned to face Af’til, "and we've been hurt before by Krelis' magics and shields, so please don't touch the wall, but rather shoot at it or throw a rock, coin or something. For I would not desire to see another fall to his magics, as I had earlier."

"Aye, Brother Cor... ye indeed may need to feel your way through it, but alas, ye do have good company and in Conall you'll find no better protection while you are still hindered," returned Alasdair, hoping that Conall and the others took note of his confidence in his abilities. Then to Lady Haila and Althena, "Do either of you require anything further? Lady Althena, do you have any information about these tunnels or those that inhabit them which may be useful to us? Is the a quick route out of here, or does Krelis have a weakness that we have not yet found?"

To Magma he called, "I'd like your counsel on what ye and your comrades observed while in these halls. Is there an easier way out of here than what we may already know?"

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

When in doubt, disbelieve
Posted on 10/22/2005 at 12:48:42 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Well Shim my Shanks! These vile dogs were standing so quiet, I nearly forgot they were there. Curse me for a fool boys. Take them down and quickly, no need for mercy on the likes of thoses.” Magma orders his men to deal with the frozen gnolls as soon as realized the error. He knows his men will spare no mercy on such creatures.

In response to Alasdair, “We’ve been fighting mostly Hobgoblins, a troll or two, a gaggle of orcs with a fool ogre and some lizard-like thingie that will haunt my dreams for a few years. As I said before the way we came is shut. I know of no easier way to go from here, and we came here in such a hurry, we weren’t stopping to make maps.”

The glowing wall pulls on Magma’s mind.

He walks over slowly to it, hand on Nelly tightly. “I wonder, if it is really there? This place was built by magic, not the good hands of dwarven craftsmen, taking their time and skill to construct the right foundations. Where magic be the creator, might magic also cover the way and fool our eyes?” the dwarf muses to himself out loud.

OOC: Magma will attempt to disbelieve the wall is there, think it is an illusion or some sort of magical image. Being a dwarf he has certain bonuses against magic and spells, assuming he is correct and not about to walk face first into a solid wall.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

Nursemaid
Posted on 10/24/2005 at 2:05:26 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haila sat on the ground feeling less than useful. Her magic was used up and she wasn't much of a healer. An arm thrown about Niamedris and she absently stroked her cheek on his forehead. Everyone knew what had to be done but no one was really sure how to manage it. But then again Haila was only half listening. She hears her name and then is pretty much told to nursemaid Althea. At the cavalier's back she pulles a face. What moment in thier background told Alisdair she would make a good babysitter? Or would tolerate being a Lady's maid?

Still after helping the Lady into her clothes she managed to go off a ways on her own. She walks towards the statue closest to her. It and it's twin (a bit of a wince there) were the only adornment of note. She was no thief but she had a cat. Cautiously the cat stood stiff legged trying to sniff the staute from a fairly safe distance away. Trying to suss out any fresh (or even fresher air). Haila stratched the tip of the cats tail, which was the only part she could reach without bending down. Looking over she shoulder at the other statue to confirm the thought she mused aloud. "I wonder why they have different coloured eyes.?" OCC:time is an illusion "supposed" time off aparently doubly so.


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:52:24.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


A New Development

Trilogy Master
Moderator
Posts: 412
Reply | Edit

A New Development
Posted on 10/25/2005 at 7:37:52 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time like everything for the party was running out. A secret door no longer a secret yet unfound by any and all. A door of steel slowly being battered down, a horde of creatures on the other side awaiting the doors demise.
2 Enemies alive, held, yet overlooked by all their fate now predestined with the parties awareness of them. Who amongst them would be the one to get them moving.??

Cor though yet blind was in full control of mind and body a prayer to his god always ready. Helping send the souls of Flit and Hawk to Odin he was at once dismayed to learn that foes yet stood alive.

"Blast it all, how could we have been so careless. Kill them quickly before they are free to fight once again."

He yelled to no in in particular hoping someone would indeed take his advice. With that said he went back to doing what he could for the dead as Conall did ready them for burning....

Alasdair now leader was not one to take his new responsibility lightly orders were there for him to give and many a question yet flowed from him.
To the nearest of Magma’s 2 dwarves he called upon that one to slit a pair of throats and with a smile upon a bearded face the deed was swiftly done. Two more enemies dead.
Then to the others questions did he put forth.

To Ulthok he called, "Your magic has indeed found something our physical searched had not, though I know not what."

To Af’til, "We've been hurt before by Krelis' magic’s and shields, so please don't touch the wall, but rather shoot at it or throw a rock, coin or something. For I would not desire to see another fall to his magic’s, as I had earlier."

To Cor, "Aye, Brother Cor... ye indeed may need to feel your way through it, but alas, ye do have good company and in Conall you'll find no better protection while you are still hindered,"

To the Ladies Haila and Althena, "Do either of you require anything further? Lady Althena, do you have any information about these tunnels or those that inhabit them which may be useful to us? Is the a quick route out of here, or does Krelis have a weakness that we have not yet found?"

To Magma he called, "I'd like your counsel on what ye and your comrades observed while in these halls. Is there an easier way out of here than what we may already know.?"

Then as to these answers he did await the first to answer was a battered eyed Althena.

"No my lord Alasdair I do not for I was brought here unconscious and in the restraints of magic. I know mayhap less then you do at this time. But I thank you for my freedom nonetheless."

With this question answered, Alasdair awaited any others....

Af’til now seeing a the magical glow upon the wall did seek to find the secret door surely hidden within it yet no new discovery or door did he find his knowledge of magic as taught to him by a friend of seemingly no use at all. The Ranger/Cleric yet at a loss of what to do next....

Magma did indeed hear the question posed to him by the Cavalier/Psionist and did so respond

"We’ve been fighting mostly Hobgoblins, a troll or two, a gaggle of orcs with a fool ogre and some lizard-like thingie that will haunt my dreams for a few years. As I said before the way we came is shut. I know of no easier way to go from here, and we came here in such a hurry, we weren’t stopping to make maps."

But even as he said such his mind was pulled to the glowing wall and slowly an awareness does dawn. These walls, tunnels and such of magic all were created, but what if some were truly not there.?? Magma disbelieved.

Then as if a veil was raised from the dwarf’s eyes before him he could clearly see not a door but an open archway leading into a tunnel beyond, an illusion of a solid wall this whole time it had truly been. Yelling to the others of the party a way out he had found the illusion from all was lifted.....

The Lady Haila in no way fond of babysitting was not in the mood to be one with Niamedris in hand she decided instead to walk to the statues and gaze upon them. She could not help but wonder why the eyes themselves were of different colors but a closer looked revealed them to be gems, and not of glass.
The green, a pair of fist sized emeralds the blue, a pair of fist sized sapphires surely worth a good bit.
But was it worth the taking the Fighter/Mage a decision quickly before her to be made....


The party now a way out finally found, a Dwarves skepticism to thank for it. The only question now how fast could this party move and where to go. A prison room with prisoners yet to be relocated. Clearly the time to move out was now....


OCC: ok all next post Mon-Tues. Tinder as your post was more of a Q/A post I tried to move it there but was unable so I deleted it instead and went with what was posted as your actions. P.S: OOPS I posted as Tann'Talas not as The Tril Master Please all forgive me Lol



Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:53:49.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


90

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

An Illusion
Posted on 10/26/2005 at 1:05:57 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After casting his detect magic a section of the wall where Krelis had been began to glow.so there was magic in or on the walls but they where all being very carfull after what Krelis magic did to them the first time.

as they keep trying to figure a way out and the iron door began looking like it may not hold much longer, their new companion figured out the whole thing it was an illusion there was no wall there at all it just looked like it once they disbelieved it they could all see an arch and a way out.

Knowing that his skills would be needed to check their way for danger Ulthok takes up a spot right near the front and awaits for Alasdairs next orders.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Quick Exit and a hasty march
Posted on 10/26/2005 at 3:19:59 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well shim my shanks," jested Alasdair, mimicing Magma's phrase as the wall before him dissolved and a passageway appeared before them. Wasting no time he continued, "Rightfully so, Ulthok we will indeed be needing your abilities to detect traps and dangers as we move out of here. I also think that it would be best if Af’til kept close to you and was able to lend his tracking abilities as well."

Having stated who should be in the lead, he then turned to Conall and Cor, "Conall I entrust Cor safety into your care. ye both work well together and even with the loss of Cor's site, I think ye two will be best suited to work together. Brother Cor, does this meet with your approval, if not then in who's care who would ye be entrusted?" asked Alasdair.

Knowing the useful possession had already been gathered and that Conall and Cor had already taken measures for their fallen comrades, it left the new found companions, Ladies Haila and Althena and himself to worry about. "Besides leaving these halls in haste, our honor also dictates that we quickly find those prison cells again and free those held here. Ulthok and Af’til , please bare that in mind as ye lead us from this chamber. I will stay with Lady Althena and offer her my support, Lady Haila I know that your spells have mostly been cast, but ready yerself for combat as it is surely to come. Let me know if you or Niamedris have any tricks left. Magma, I know that ye would not desire to be assigned to rear guard, but I do trust ye and your two companions to guard that front well," finishes Alasdair.

"Magma, as we continue forward, please let us know what skills you and your comrades may possess, so that we may better benefit from their abilities. Also our new found friends, ask what ye may of each one of us as well, for our lives all depend on knowing and trusting each other's knowledge, skills and courage," he adds quickly, knowly that he never meant to dishonor the dwarves or their courage by asking them to take the rear.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

eye blue and green sealed in a mask
Posted on 10/27/2005 at 6:24:33 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC: sorry if the post in confusing but I am very tired at this time and under the weather with a very nasty bug. Please just get the general idea of the post and I will try to correct it at a later time.))
(IC) Part 1

As the dwarf walk though the wall I began to curse my self for not being better student for my knowledge of (NWP)spellcraft has failed me once again to provide any useful information and the inability to identity the simplest of magic operation. At this I notice that our fairest lady was gazing out the beautiful gems of the statue. “It is strange dear lady, there might be something about them in regard to this room being a torture area and altar.” “, Hay Ulthork come look at this if you eye still hold magic and tell us of what you see.” Will that I will again try to use my spellcraft knowledge to get any idea of what this twin are and if they are truly statues.

After the statue part:




As Alasdair ask me go to the front of the line, a whirlwind of emotion beckon my senses: for I normally guard the precious unit from rear attack and monitor their progress from there while the gallant Hawk blaze a path side by side to Connell and Cor. My arms aren’t as bold as his, and neither is my grace that flowed from him in battle. But they were what Fierya bless me with and they will have to do till he joins us once more.
As the realization that my woodland counterpart can’t aid the party any more, I am left alone to forge the path for my companion, at that fear swelled in my chest trying to clawing it way out as my body tighten to keep it in. Will I my fall short of his ability? I am just a shadow in the wind of life? Will I lead them to their deaths or their salvation? Will we ever see the light of the moon pouring down for the heavenly sky?


Sadness entered my dreary eyes for that I am the only one left who dwell in the forest and honor them as gods. Lady Dru first and now the Lord Hawk, this spirit will be surely be missed by Grand Forest as it has lot to mighty guardians.

I am truly alone in these unnatural halls for city folk are a different breed of soul that doesn’t feel as we do.


At the same time a sense of purpose came to his meaning. Before he was just the backup for Cor and Hawk, I was an extra body, an extra arm in battle, a person to mend the little cut and bruises but now they need me. All other emotion subsided and replaced by determination for that I am needed here and now to make it to the top of this helly kingdom in order to preserve the fallen memories and the keep alive of that remains of the party. I just hope that I can perform this task with honor and dedication as the Famous Hawk did, and show love and compassion as Lady Dru in our quest to save the this Girl. With that, my face turns to stone: cold, hard and unmoving, with almost uncaring stare to those that look.

With out a word I grab all my gear and the gather all the item from these foul beasts and headed to the front to be by Ulthork side for he is alone in his set task as well.
I examine that path to determine the best route and to see how often the path is used (dust , how many layer of debris, how many hand prints on the wall), and by want (type of footprints or drag mark etc). For it may be that only Krelis known of it for Evil mind don’t like to share. Is there a blood trail left by the wound cleric and if so does it look like if he severely wound by the amount of blood in the trail. Giving my past of a healer how far can one this hurt travel and how soon would he need help. I will also will keep a eye out for “Nelly” along the way as well.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

ready to move
Posted on 10/28/2005 at 9:27:10 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall readied himself as marching orders were given and taken. As his own assignment was given he gave an understanding nod of his head, “It seems I will be your guild until your sight returns. Perhaps the enemy we face next will have more of a chance.” Conall have a slight chuckle, “As for the softness of my hands… this should be the only time you will have need to feel them.” Once more he found himself chuckling lightly. He then draw up his sword and gave the scabbard to Cor. One end Cor held the other was attached to Conall’s belt.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

rock on
Posted on 10/30/2005 at 9:56:57 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“What skills we have?” Magma muses, “Well shim my shanks, we be dwarves! Good at fighting, drinking and finding gems – that be us.” He says with a chuckle. “If you don’t mind a suggestion, why don’t you have me up front with those among you suitable for finding traps and the like. I’m not the type to hang back, and if a fight breaks out, I hate to be tripping all you long legged ones in my haste to get to the fun. Keep Lady Athena here in the centre of the party for the best protection.” Magma looks over at his to two men. “Wallack! I want you to guide our brethren here, be his eye and ears. Gromit! You take rear guard.”

Magma suddenly realizes Conall was going to act as Cor’s guide. “No offence there, laddie. But you look like one who likes to be in the thick of things, like me.” He puts a hand on Cor’s shoulder, “Wallack Stonetongue here is a good clansman, from a strong family. He’ll serve you well until we can get your sight back.”

OOC: I think it would be better to have the paladin unencumbered in case of the inevitable nastiness.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Marching Orders
Posted on 10/31/2005 at 2:52:56 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a smile and a lighter heart, he saw that the group was preparing to move out. Out to free those still held captive and to their own safety as well he hoped. With a quick nod regarding Magma's suggestions he responds, "Well spoken dear friend, I am sure that yer dwarven companion would be well appreciated as Brother Cor's guide and rear guard. Magma, by all means take yer place at the front with Ulthok and Af’til."

To the others he turns and says, "The rest of the group will follow the scouts, with Conall first in lines, followed by Cor and Wallack Stonetongue, the Ladies Althena and Haila, myself and then Gromit taking the rear guard."

"Af'Til, as our guide rely on Ulthok's abilities to confirm the safety of your chosen routes as we move forward. Leaving these halls without further conflict is our preferred option, but releasing those prisoners is something we must do. Lead on my friends and trust in our new found friends' abilities to help you," says Alasdair with a look of encouragement towards Magma and his companions. As all readied themselves to move out, he gave a wry smile as he knew that they would be successful. He then took time to ready himself, drawing his sword and adjusting his own shield. To Lady Althena he whispered, "we shall not fail ye and to the King we shall see you safely taken."


Posted on 2006-10-01 at 07:56:50.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.