The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Nomad D2)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

"I am reaching the end of my patience with you Algrak. I told you once before that I would not harm you. However, I will not tolerate your demoralizing comments or attitude any further. Speak such again and our agreement is void. You may slay me, or any other in single combat, but you know that with each death your chances of escaping lessen. You need us. Do not forget that. Understand?"

His anger slowly simmering he approaches Cynil. "I can touch his mind. He is truly alive as you have said. In fact he's wondering if we believe him dead. I think it best we remove him from the tile don't you?"

Without setting foot on anyof the tiles himself, Alasdair reaches out and attempts to pull Kenji clear (preferably not dragging him on his face). That being done he speaks again while Cynil sees to Kenji.

"It seems our initial thoughts were incorrect. From my knowledge of the undead I believe that of all of the types depicted here only skeletons and zombies do not have draining or paralyzing effects, though I wouldn't put it past the creator to throw something in even there. I find myself wondering if it is even necessary to step on the tiles at all. Does anyone have any levitation or flying magic that may allow a single person to carry others across? Or perhaps a rope, so that if we can get one person across we can have one on either side anchor it while the others cross on the rope one at a time. It is apparent we have to re-think our solution. Any other suggestions? If we have to step on the tiles, I think it wise to try to step only on skeleton and zombie tiles, though I see no direct path across, it may be possible to jump from one to another."


Posted on 2010-07-25 at 14:11:43.
Edited on 2010-07-25 at 14:13:00 by Steelight

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


For the "good"

"So once more you threaten my life and seek to change the deal we had. The more I see of how "good" behaves the more I am glad I am not such. Yes I need the group, some more than others, but the group needs me as well so I suggest you find a way to put your personal pettiness aside. If simple words are enough to spur you to the brink of drawing a blade you have already lost any battle with me. Leaders must take stay focused on the task at hand, which in this case is passing the test before us and not sulking and acting bossy. Real leaders are those people follow not those who bully others into submission. Well some leaders do lead by intimidation and fear but I think they are called opressors and you are coming rather close to that decription."

Algrek stood back and waited while Kenji was retrieved. He looked at the far door to see if there was any space between the edge of the tiles and the door itself like there was on this side.


Posted on 2010-07-25 at 17:45:10.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1274 Posts


Siréne

Siréne pressed a finger to her lips as she gazed across the tiled floor, all of their theories had been wrong. It seemed that the tiles did not summon the undead but rather called forth something of their power. Haste had once again led them to a place where guesses were all they had to rely on. She did not like it.

It took little time for Alasdair and the dwarf to run into a disagreement. Once again the cleric and the paladin were sputtering in argument. The constant verbal banter was wearing thin on her patience.

"I have had quite enough of your constant bickering," Siréne said sternly to the two men. "None of us care which of you carries the bigger sword. There will be time enough to settle scores but now there is a test before us. I suggest the two of you focus on that."

The she elf did not wait for a response, instead she glided over to Cynil and knelt beside the other elf. "If what Alasdiar suspects is true this will be up to you and I. Can you still take the form of a bird today? I have not yet shifted forms today, it should be easy enough for one of us to fly a rope across the room."


Posted on 2010-07-25 at 23:40:06.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil checks out Kenji once he is cleared from the square of the ghoul. She mentally catalogs her spells to see if she had something that would remove paralysis.

Shortly after that Sirene tries to stop the bickering between the evil Cor and Conall yet again.

"What you said to them is true whether they like the situation or not." Cynil comments as Sirene mentioned she idea to Cynil. Cynil thinks about the problem and then offers her thoughts on it, "A rope would only be useful if we could hang it from the ceiling from something stout enough to hold us. Cynil looks up to see if there was anything that they could suspend a rope from." Cynil gazed upwards to see if there was a way to do just that.


Posted on 2010-07-26 at 01:35:11.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6386 Posts


The Return of Cor

Cynil moving quickly was able to gain hold of the fallen Kenji’s feet and with Alasdair's help was able to drag him back to the safety of the non-faced floor. A quick check and she was able to determine that the Samurai yet lived but for the moment was paralyzed and unable to move.
Turning to the rest of the party she directed a question to all.

“He lives, his eyes are open, and he breathes but he cannot seem to move. Ghouls do paralyze, it seems our possible pathway and our solution to this puzzle are not the right answer to this test. By-the-way, does anyone have a Remove Paralysis spell available?"
“By the fate of Odin I do my love”
Conall spoke as he stepped forward to kneel at Kenji’s side. His hand placed upon the forehead of the fallen Asian warrior and with a quick prayer to his patron in a matter of seconds Kenji was able to move once more, though the damage he had taken remained. Throughout all this the escalating words of contempt and hooded insults between Alasdair and Algark continued finally causing Sirene to add a few words of her own. However unknown to any but Alasdair himself those words came too late, the Paladin had, had enough talk and risking his status as a Paladin was fixed upon a course of action..

For a single member of the party watching all this in silence, seeing the results of Kenji’s try to cross the floor, the luck of Conall having a spell to remove Kenji’s paralyses, the consent war of words between Paladin and Cleric and the loud comment by Sirene, now found himself with a new choice in front of him. With the samurai’s failure to even step on one of the yard sized squares without it reacting it had became apparent that he could no longer remain invisible and shadow the once leader of the party waiting for the right time to strike. He knew being a slinger of magic that to try crossing those faces, even invisible, would make no difference in the result. Plus Ulthok himself had an idea or two on how possibly to cross the floor faces and to propose his idea‘s he would need to be seen by all, including the now evil Cor.

As he began moving away from Cor he decided on the spur of the moment to leave the evil Cleric a reminder of his ability to strike him down. Taking a live spider, one of those needed for the spell of Spider Climbing, he softly placed the small creature in the dwarf’s beard. Silently moving away the Halfling made it to the room’s lower east corner close to Sirene undetected and removed the Ring of Invisibility. Cor none the wiser as to where the spider had came from, finally noticed it, as it reached and crawled upon his lower lip.

With a grin on his face at the dwarf’s startled initial reaction he made his presence known to the rest. However unknown to the Thief/Mage at the moment of his releasing the magic of the ring of Invisibility his return to the world of the seen was overshadowed as Alasdair, finally prepared mentally, made his move against Algark

Without turning his head he sent a Psionic Blast into the evil Dwarf Cleric’s mind, easily penetrating it to find and attack the real enemy lurking within it, the Possession!!. It was here that Alasdair found himself up against a very powerful creature in the Psionic realm unlike anything he had faced before. As he started to realize, with his strength already starting to grow weaker, that he was already beginning to lose this battle he felt the presence of a second mind join with his to try and fight. It took him only a second to know the truth of this second mind as the last remnants of the true Cor.

Both minds as one, AlasCor sought to fight the presence now controlling the body and mind of the once good cleric stronger together now, yet still not strong enough, the mind of the true Cor oh so very weak. The Possession could feel itself beginning to win and thus have its choice of what mind to control and what mind to devour to make it stronger then any Possession before it, able to spawn clones of itself in the minds of the others within this room, creating a type of hive mind with it as the mind’s king.

As victory seemed certain and the Possession began to drink in the essence of Alasdair’s mind, deciding to keep the body of the dwarf, a third mind entered the fray a very, very strong mind, a mind so old as to be stronger then the Possession, Cor and Alasdair combined. A mind sheathed in barely controlled rage at an enemy she could now reach, its defenses all centered on defeating AlasCor. With almost a causal insignificant wave of her mind Althena crushed the Possession into nothing. Leaving behind her as she withdrew one sleeping mind, Cor, himself once more no longer controlled by evil and carrying with her Alasdair’s to return it to his own body, tired and for the moment mentally drained, but unhurt.

All this happened so fast, a matter of only two to three minutes having passed, that the rest of the party were caught unawares of anything but Cor and Alasdair’s bodies falling limply to the rooms floor, Althena’s eyes disappearing into pupil less white sphere’s, and Ulthok’s almost casual appearance in the lower corner of the room. And then before they could act on anything seen Althena was turning to the others of the party her eyes normal, yet very tired looking.

“Cor is evil no more, his mind and body are free, the creature possessing him is gone.”
With those words spoken the last of the Valar fainted into sleep, leaving for the moment a very, very quiet room......


(DM OOC: Ok there you have it my post for this week thanx go to Steelight, and subsequent Dice rolls, for giving me a way to free Cor short of death.
Also please welcome the new Ulthok and Player, Mr Dreen, sent to us by the once evil, now good, Keeper of Dragons. As of right now we are at full membership as I talked to Merideth and she will return to play Haila once her baby is born and Mother and Son are rested. So good posting and next post next Sunday.)


Posted on 2010-07-26 at 03:51:00.
Edited on 2010-07-26 at 03:59:41 by TannTalas

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ulthok... first post!

Though Ulthok regretted having to show himself prematurely it was clear to him that the party could no longer continue on without his aid. He had been scanning for traps since they entered the room, and he had watched Kenji's steps with a careful eye. It seemed to him that some of the assumptions they were working under were quite possibly wrong and clearly letting them puzzle over the matter wasn't getting any of them any were but paralyzed one by one. Of course if he wanted to help them he had to speak with them first, but even if he had to make himself known he could at least do so in a manner of his own choosing. Which as of now meant in a way that whatever was controlling Cor would not enjoy.

Silent as a mouse Ulthok removed a spider from his belt pouch and stepped in closer to the wannabe Cor then he would have preferred, at least closer then he had wanted to without putting a short sword in his back. Softly placing the small creature in the dwarf's beard before moving off to the room's south eastern corner Ulthok shook his head softly in disappointment. 'The spider is better then nothing' Ulthok thought to himself. 'At least he'll think twice about the consequences of his future words and actions.' Moving in close to Sirene unnoticed, Ulthok couldn't help but crack a small smile of satisfaction as he watched his spider begin to cause discomfort to imitation Cor. Putting an innocent look on his face Ulthok prepared himself to face the party as he broke the invisibility spell that cloaked him.

"You know some spider bites can cause necrosis.." Ulthok spoke conspiratorially to Sirene just loud enough for the others to hear him. "Makes one wonder if our little imposter over there could still drone on incessantly with his lips rotted off.."

The shock of Ulthok's arrival was interrupted by the collapse of Cor and Alasdair followed by Althena's solemn words, “Cor is evil no more, his mind and body are free, the creature possessing him is gone.”

Scratching his head Ulthok broke the sudden silence, "Umm I don't think spiders do that.."


Posted on 2010-07-26 at 04:16:08.
Edited on 2010-07-26 at 04:18:34 by Dreen

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


released

The small part of Cor that remained inside Algrek had been biding its time waiting for an opening. Alasdair's psyonic attack caught Cor off guard and so it took him a short time to lend his mental power to the battle. Still, even together, they were no match for the creature. Then he felt another mind that in an instant crushed the creature and returned Cor to control of his body. Cor slowly opened his eyes and struggled to his feet. "Well, what are you all looking at?" He tried to make his way to Althena to see to her needs and thank her for his rescue.


Posted on 2010-07-26 at 22:26:02.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Awakened

Moments passed as Alasdair lay unconscious on the ground, his mind adrift in the void between bodies.

"Did I succeed? Is he free?" he spoke the words in his mind, but his mouth would not respond. After what seemed like hours, but was truly only minutes his mind found its way back into his body, with the guidance of one he loved.

Slowly the world came back into focus and he remembered where he was. As his vision cleared he sat up and looked around, taking in everything before him.

"Did it work? Has Cor truly returned to us?"


Posted on 2010-07-28 at 00:56:49.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


I have returned

"Yes I have returned though I must say the ends do not justify the means. A paladin that breaks his sworn oath plays a dangerous game. I expected the evil that possessed me to resort to trickery and plays on words but not one such as you Alasdair. You have my thanks for freeing me but I have serious doubts about your honor." COr turned to the others. "It seems we have two leaders at the moment and that is never good, make a choice quickly as to whether Alasdair will continue to lead or I shall take up my place once more."


Posted on 2010-07-28 at 01:17:45.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


A smirk

A small smirk graces Alasdair's face.

"I risk all that I am to set you free from the evil that had all but conquered you, almost lose both my life and my mind in the process, and the result is a question of my honor?"

He laughs a bit to himself.

"There is just no pleasing some people I suppose. Take leadership if you will master dwarf. For I never truly cared for the title. I pray Odin will guide you much more successfully than you apparently believe he guided me. Though since you have returned to us, perhaps now we can take our rest, consider our options regarding this puzzle, and return Rayne to the living world. Feel free to make the decision. I no longer care what you do, though Rayne's life is still of great importance to me, and the others here I believe."

With the sarcastic smirk still on his face he turns away and goes to meditate, trying to regain his focus and commune with the All Father.


Posted on 2010-07-28 at 02:17:58.

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ulthok.. colorful commentary!

"Yeah, let the guy who thinks tying us up at night is a good plan be the leader.. brilliant.." Ulthok grumbled to himself beside Sirene. "I see any ropes and I'm going back to my 'backstab Cor' plan real quick.."

After a moment of internal struggle trying to bite his tongue Ulthok couldn't help but comment, "You sure Cor is good now? He doesn't sound very good to me."

Turning towards Alasdair he continued his commentary, "Besides Alasdair vowed that he would only raise a hand against evil Cor in defense of himself or the other members of the party.. as he technically didn't raise a hand, and as his actions only sought to protect the real Cor, I don't see how anyone can say he broke his oath."

"I mean if you want to argue that badly Cor, can you at least argue about how to cross this bloody floor?" Ulthok didn't wait for a reply to his query but instead turned back to Sirene and asked, "What kind of leader picks fights with his own people anyway?"


Posted on 2010-07-28 at 09:07:27.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Very well

"Well then since I do not wish to live in fear of backstabs if my decisions are unliked and you seem to know how a leader should act you are welcome to it Ulthok. Please, tell us what we should do now."


Posted on 2010-07-29 at 00:02:02.

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ulthok

"Ha! Your not going to sucker me into taking that job!" Ulthok replied to Cor with a laugh. "You know full well that my only concern is to see us survive this quest long enough to complete it. So how bout we stick to the task at hand, passing this test, then you can worry about who has the biggest title. Besides, shouldn't you be off praying for forgiveness or something? I seem to recall that hammer of yours crushing some of our friends' skulls.."


Posted on 2010-07-29 at 02:04:30.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Return of Cor.... maybe :)

Kenji lay there for a minute wondering what the others were going to do. He knew that they would try and retrieve him even if he was dead. He remembered how they insisted on carrying Lady Rayne’s body even thou it was obvious she was indeed dead.

He felt a touch on his boot and then a tug and soon other hands joined in and he was pulled from stone upon which he had stepped. He could see Cynil checking over his body and knew that he would soon be released from this spell.

He lives, his eyes are open, and he breathes but he cannot seem to move. Ghouls do paralyze, it seems our possible pathway and our solution to this puzzle are not the right answer to this test. By-the-way, does anyone have a Remove Paralysis spell available?"

“By the fate of Odin I do my love” Conall answered

He saw Conall approach and kneel next to him and in a short time, after what Kenji assumed was some praying, he laid his hand atop Kenji’s head and with a gasping breath the Samurai began to move again.

He looked up at the two, nodded and gave his customary grunt, “Thank you!” He winced slightly as he tried to rise. Something had injured him when he stepped on the stone though he could find no sign of a wound. He slowly got to his feet and checked to make sure all his weapons and belongings were in their proper place.

He watched silently as the ‘battle’ for Cor’s soul was quickly waged and a proclamation that the evil within him was gone. Kenji’s eyes narrowed and watched the exchanges between Cor and Alasdair . It all seemed so sudden and he wasn’t sure how they could be certain that the evil was indeed gone. Couldn’t the thing within Cor be pretending to be vanquished? He vowed to wait and see; he would keep an eye on things for sure.

Ulthok’s response ‘almost’ made the corners of Kenji’s mouth lift in a faint smile… almost.. the little man had guts and Kenji was glad he had returned, though the manner of his arrival had been just as sudden and strange. But ‘strange’ seemed to describe the little man completely; he had shown himself to be trustworthy and loyal. As had most of the others, but judgment was still to be weighed on the rest.

He grunted slightly as it seemed that Cor would be leading again; and the dwarf’s gruff words to Ulthok didn’t go far to alleviating Kenji’s distrust of the man’s supposed ‘clean’ condition. He seemed better but it could all be a trick.. and Kenji did feel a little better with Cor in charge than Alasdair.. he didn’t trust the stranger still.
The Samurai stood by and waited on the latest plan.. which seemed to involve going over the stones if possible.

Somehow Kenji doubted it would be that easy.. but he would wait and see. Since the other plan didn’t work out. Kenji stood guard over the group and waited for more educated minds to determine the proper course.




Posted on 2010-07-29 at 11:39:41.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Forgiveness?

"I am in no need of seeking forgiveness for it was not me that performed the deeds. My body yes but not my soul. As for your laughing off the leader's role that has been a common theme in this group; everyone has a better way or questions decisions until they are given a chance to lead then they backpeddle like a troll from a fire." Cor looked at the others. "One of you shape shifters make yourself into something that can cross this floor without touching it. Perhaps a giant spider that can creep across teh ceiling and spin a web strand we can use as a rope bridge is in order. If we make it to the other side safely and teh door opens noone leaves this room until we rest, restore spells and raise Rayne."


Posted on 2010-07-29 at 23:01:14.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.