The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3926 registered users. Our newest member is ninetail039.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Eol's Birthday (posted by Duncan74)Eol's Birthday
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Entertainment - Avengers Endgame (posted by Grugg)Avengers Endgame
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ulthok's options..

"Of course lets not consider that if you'd only been strong enough to keep yourself from being possessed in the first place your body wouldn't have run amok killing our friends.." Ulthok replied to Cor's rant. "Regardless, your suggestion isn't the worst I've heard yet. Considering that all we can really conclude as of now is that the tiles seem to have the same negative energy effects as the monsters they depict. We either test further or ideally avoid them all together. If we are forced to test them further however, then I suggest trying this southern zombie square next (C1) as they have no dangerous effects associated with them it makes it the mostly like to be safe from what we know right now. Another point in its favor is that if it is indeed safe then I can see a path across that only uses zombie and skeleton tiles and there is only one such path across. Logically I don't foresee there being more then one solution to this puzzle so if our plans show us multiple safe routes, as our previous plan did, then I highly doubt any of them are the correct path. I believe Kenji's paralysis shows the truth of my words.."

Group is on eastern side of room so...
Assuming south eastern tile is A and the north eastern tile is G
Making the most eastern row 1 and the most western row 7
Route Ulthok suggests is C1, B2, A3, B4, C4, D3, E2, F3, G4, G5, F6, E5, D6, D7


Posted on 2010-07-30 at 17:31:08.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

"Well, I'm glad our new leader has sorted out our priorities, but he has yet neglected to return our ally to the realm of the living. I'm sure your banter is important, but not as important as he life. Which you took from her, may I remind you."


Posted on 2010-07-30 at 17:43:10.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


An addition..

Kenji hears the others talking of the effects of the creatures and the lack of 'effects' of the zombie and Skeletons and using them to cross if necessary.

"If I may speak," Kenji says and then proceeds assuming permission will be give, "when I stepped on the square it was as if I was struck by the creature pictured on the stone. I was injured as well as paralyzed. I suggest you consider that the creatures that have no 'effect' might still damage you severely if you attempt to cross those squares."

With that said he goes back to resting and recovering his strength and mobility after the paralysis.


Posted on 2010-07-30 at 21:16:07.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


same old same old

Cor shook his head, "Still teh same old thing huh? I say what i want done and everyone stands around making their own plans. But Odin forbid that those making the plans and not following mine take a go at leading." Looking at Ulthok, "Feel free to try you suggested route if you wish we will wait." Turning to Alasdair, "Yes Rayne is still amoung the dead as right now I see no urgent reason to revive her before we finish this test. She has no skills not duplicated by another. If she is raised and then happens to die again during this test her system make not take the strain and she will be truely gone. Can we focus on getting past this test please?"


Posted on 2010-07-31 at 00:15:37.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


No...

"You usurped command mighty Cor. But I ask you, if you do not raise her, and you die, then what chance do we have at finishing the tests beyond this one with no clerical aid? But then again, I apparently am dishonorable and not fit to lead. So perhaps you should just do what you think you should instead of complaining that no one is listening to you hmmm?"


Posted on 2010-08-01 at 04:58:42.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


Usurped?

Cor glared at Alasdair, "Usurped? Do lies now flow from your mouth as easy as truths such that you do not know the differance? I said we had two leaders and needed to choose to avoid conflict and your reply was 'Take leadership if you will master dwarf. For I never truly cared for the title.' And now you try to claim I stole it? You words and actions have been as much a devisive factor as were those of the creature that controlled my body. As for raising Rayne if you want the real reason, one I kept to myself to avoid pointing fingers, I cannot raise her now as you would not allow the party to rest and restore spells even when several magic users suggested it saying we had plenty of healing." Cor looked to the group, "Shall we wrok together or simply be a bunch of individuals trying whatever suits us? Right now the sword is likely laughing at the uncoordinated, bickering bunch who are supposedly the world's last hope."


Posted on 2010-08-01 at 12:54:03.

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ulthok

"Despite your attempts at profound wisdom Cor, I'm afraid no one seems to be buying what your selling." Ulthok chuckled. "Perhaps a more cordial tone might help.. that and perhaps you should prove with actions what your words fail to convince us of. That you not only truly have the group's best interests at heart but that you are as willing to serve this party as you are to lead it."


Posted on 2010-08-01 at 17:37:02.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Siréne

You know some spider bites can cause necrosis.." Ulthok spoke conspiratorially to Sirene just loud enough for the others to hear him. "Makes one wonder if our little imposter over there could still drone on incessantly with his lips rotted off.."

The elven enchantress cast a glance to her side at the once invisible halfling and smiled. She had not expected to see him yet not with Rayne still held in death's sleep but here he was and the time to act had come. Power from the darkest depths of the unseen world began to rise up through Siréne as she rose to lock eyes with the dwarf.

"Necrosis is such a nasty thing," she replied still holding her gaze on the dwarf. "But the dwarf is stubborn. Perhaps we should find another way to silence him?"

With that the enchantress focused her full attention on Algrek. Incandescent elven eyes bored into the dwarf with the promise of retribution but just as Siréne was about to speak a word of power chaos exploded in the room. Alasdair and the dwarf fell suddenly to the floor and soon after Althena collapsed to the floor with the two men.

A frenetic buzz filled the room as all those still standing sought to make sense of what had come to pass. Siréne merely stared at the three unconscious bodies, it did not take long for them to move once more. The dwarf was the first to rise claiming to be free of the dark being that once held his will.

It soon became clear that possessed or not Cor was poison. Without any word of remorse or the slightest shred of humility he began shouting demands and accusations. Siréne but narrowed her eyes and watched as both Alasdair and Ulthok faced off the arrogant dwarf. There was no reasoning with him and with his every word the enchantress found anger rising within her.

Cor still stood spewing venom, "Right now the sword is likely laughing at the uncoordinated, bickering bunch who are supposedly the world's last hope..."

At these words the enchantress could take no more. With a dangerous light in her eyes Siréne stepped forward to join Alasdair and Ulthok.

"Enough!" the single word left her lips as she focused her full attention on the dwarf. "If there is any the sword laughs at it is you Cor. You claim to be free of the evil that controlled you but I see no difference between your actions and those of Algrek. You see yourself as some wise leader but all I see before me is an arrogant tyrant and I will not stand for it. Not one moment longer."


Posted on 2010-08-02 at 02:04:14.
Edited on 2010-08-02 at 02:05:12 by Nimu

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil moves up toe Conall's side and whispers in his ear "Conall, will you please do a detect evil on all three of them, Cor, Alasdair, and Althena. That entity might had tried to infect them all." Then she moved off a few few towards those arguing with each other. effectively block sight of conall as best as she can.

"Thank you, Sirene, I couldn't have said it better myself." Cybil speaks up. This bickering must stop. Alasdair I cannot believe you would go after Cor for what happened while Cor was possessed. Conall, will you please do a detect evil on all three of them, Cor, Alasdair, and Althena. That entity might had tried to infect them all. Until they are cleared or any sign of a taint, I will follow none of them. Never have I heard such bickering amongst this party, a few disagreements to difference of options but that was all. We need to listen to each other and weigh our options careful. We have had two new suggestions both have merit."

"If Cor was freed of all taint then he is still our chosen leader and will remain so until Another is chosen. A leader should listen to suggestions made by those who follow him. The options should be weighed for the best chance of success for all of us to finish this test, and that options should be tried first. Then that is what we must try first. There are no easy answers in these test, that much has been proven time and time again to our own cost. We tried the first reasonable answer we thought of and that did not work. we will need to think clearly and WORK TOGETHER."

"i would also like to offer a thought for consideration. I was wondering if we step on the tile that Kenji stepped on would it repeat what happened to Kenji to the next person to step on it or would it have been disarmed and rendered harmless. Kenji, how badly were you hurt by that tile? Do you need healing for you injuries? I can offer you that at least."


Posted on 2010-08-02 at 03:11:02.
Edited on 2010-08-02 at 06:24:20 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A leader must be chosen, a party must be made whole.

With the return of the real Cor to the party, what should have been a cause to rejoice, had instead turned into a shouting match between Cor and the rest of the party.
The gruff Dwarves manner the same almost as when he was under evil control, Cynil called to Conall to use his innate power of Detect Evil intent to make sure that none of the three involved in the releasing of Cor’s soul had turned. Looking towards first Cor, then Alasdair and final Althena he saw no traces of evil in any of the three.

It was then as he revealed his findings to all that Althena, with the help of Maggot, who had moved to her side when Cor had engaged in the ongoing argument, slowly regained conciseness. Hearing the tail end of the argument and both Sirene’s and Cynil’s words and then Conall’s declaration of no evil slowly, again with Maggot’s help, stood and addressed the party.

“All this talk of tests and swords and saving the world means nothing if we do not stand together united.

Alasdair was first leader of the group that started out from Shann’Tara, and though it gained and lost members along the way he remained so till saving most of us from a life in Hell at what we thought then was at the cost of his and Magma’s lives.

Then we ALL decided on Cor to replace him and Cor, though at times we disagreed with you, yet we did follow you. Then evil you became and Alasdair once more returned to us through the favor of Odin once more did lead us for a short time until he, risking his faith as a Paladin, did save you from forever remaining evil.

Yet you return to us, not thankful to be back among us, not thankful to Alasdair for the risk he took, not wanting to rest and revive Rayne, but to demand that we continue to face this test at half strength in the healing arts. I say NO we will not continue until Rayne is once more among us and the party is made whole. Once again it is clear we have a leadership choice before us and again through votes I ask of each of you to settle the issue of who is to be the leader of this party once and for all.... Cor or Alasdair...

Unless, of course, another of you wishes to be considered, Maggot, Kenji, Conall? Or how about you Sirene, Cynil, Haila? Have any of you thought on being leader. I myself will not vote as my relationship with Alasdair is well known but I call all of you to do so. For I tell you this in all honesty, together, united as one we will stand and prevail, divided, as we are now we are doomed to die in failure and the Dark King will rule over all the lands as victor.”

With her words once more spoken she hoped they would carry weight as now was not the time to bicker among themselves.....


THE MOUNTAIN DEEP
The sword watched in its way and if it could have would have laughed out load at the “heroes” sent to retrieve it. Even though it was still unable to enter the dreams of them it could tell that its emanations of evil that had bathed its mountain prison for a dozen centuries was as yet having an effect, causing its retrievers to fight amongst themselves. Oh how wonderful it had been to see the one called Cor become evil and it had so hoped to claim him as a minion once closer. But even in a return to his true self he still remained to act as if evil. Oh what a show, what a show.

And as the “heroes” argued its two newly created undead minions came closer and ever nearer having found another way.....................


(DM OOC: Ok here’s tonight’s post. I must say good posting Ladies and Gentleman I have enjoyed reading them this week. Very good interaction by all and I must say some very good postings by our newset member Dreen.

As for the leader vote called for by Althena please, when casting your vote or stepping forward as a choice, do so in character. Ok next post as always next Sunday)



Posted on 2010-08-02 at 06:08:21.
Edited on 2010-08-02 at 12:59:28 by t_catt11

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


All that matters..

Ulthok snorted and shaking his head replied, "I never voted for Cor, and I certainly wouldn't vote for him now."

Seeing Althena raise an eyebrow at his comment Ulthok decided quickly that discretion is the better part of valor. Schooling his face into a more diplomatic expression Ulthok stated the obvious, "While I could honestly care less about who claims the title of leader, the success of our quest is all that matters in the end, and as not a one of you can deny that Alasdair has already proven himself willing to do what is needed to ensure the completion of our task I see no one more worthy of our trust. He literally sacrificed himself so that we all might live to continue on this quest, what greater service could be asked for from a leader? Unless a new leader will increase our chances of success I see no reason to change now what we established in the beginning of this journey."


Posted on 2010-08-02 at 13:29:52.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


leader

"I shall make it easy fo you all, I remove myslef for consideration as leader for it is apparent that none of you will follow anyway. I asked for our shapeshifters to make their way across so we could try to at least gain the other side of the room and we still sit and make other plans and noone has moved. I will sit quitely in the corner and pray so I can raise Rayne as soon as possible. I will not vote for Alasdair but I will not veto him either. Whoever is chosen I wish them luck for I know that at least one of the group has no interest in coorperation but is soley out for their own goals and will not truely follow anyone except himself." Cor took a look at Ulthok and then moved to begin praying.


Posted on 2010-08-02 at 22:12:13.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Leadership

"Though the leadership issue is still up for debate, may I suggest that we close the door behind us, bar it with whatever we have available and rest for a while? It seems we may have to puzzle over the way to solve this room, and I think we could all benefit from a little rest. I did not want to rest before not because I wanted to rush through the tests, but to prevent the creature possessing Cor from gaining any stronger hold on him than he already had, thus making it impossible to free him. That no longer being an issue, I don't see any reason we shouldn't rest now provided we can seal the door well enough. Once rested Cor can return our friend Rayne to us and we can get a relatively fresh start. Anyone have anything against that?"


Posted on 2010-08-07 at 02:58:46.

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


What Cor can't see wont hurt him..

Ulthok stopped making funny faces at Cor behind his back long enough to acknowledge Alasdair.

"I'm all for seeing Rayne returned to us sooner rather then later. Not to mention that we could all benefit from a meal at this point as well. Besides, we can always continue this discussion as we make camp, not as if anyone in this group is too shy to speak up and cast a vote if they decide they want to." Ulthok reasoned while grinning broadly and rubbing his grumbling belly. "I'll even volunteer for first watch if necessary."

Not expecting any arguments Ulthok made to find a comfortable spot against the wall were he could ready a meal and eventually get some sleep.


Posted on 2010-08-07 at 21:45:33.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Kenji waits...

The samurai rolled his eyes slightly at all the conflict at the leadership debate.. he truely cared not as long as they were accomplishing their mission.. but at the moment they stood here doing nothing but arguing about who would lead.

He silently stood guard watching the back of the group from the way they came in case any of those small creatures decided to pursue them.

He added nothing to the debate.. as his opinion was of no importance.. he knew that they needed to rest and if possible.. raise the dead Lady Rayne.. he still was uncomfortable with this whole idea of raising dead people .. it all seemed evil to him.. but since joining this group he had learned to accept many things he would have long thought wrong and unnatural.

To Lady Cynil he nodded to her slightly at her questions; "I was injured but not too severely. Save your limited powers of healing for those that are more injured than me."

Though he wouldnt show it, the hit had taken when stepping on the stone had hurt him more than he let on.. he had the ability to channel his mind and bury his pain and weakness when needed. Now was not the time for such things... actually never was the time to show weakness in the Samurai's opinion.


Posted on 2010-08-08 at 17:00:48.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.