The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Battle over....

With the battle apparently won so quickly.. Kenji glanced around one last time to ensure no further enemies were to be had.. he flicked his blades in 'chiburi' (Blood shake) to remove any of the foul creatures fluids before sheathing them again... his hands shook slightly with the adrenaline that coursed through him... he clenched his fists for a few moments to calm down the battle rage that had arisen... in moments he was once again his normal calm self.

The battle over the way forward now clear.. Kenji allowed his cold wounds to be healed and then after thanking the healer.. he returned to a guard position to watch over the others while they regained their strengths and spells as necessary.



Posted on 2010-09-02 at 10:54:26.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne looks at the bow that she had chosen at the start of the test with great respect. The was the first time she had use it. She shoulld have usied it several times before this first time.

The magnificent eleven bow of ivory, gold and silver was even more than what she had thought it. So much more! That she marveled at it. She looked for her arrows but in all truth did not expect ot find them. They had turned into pure light and sped form her bow like the rays of the sun. Truly, she had guided to she choose this marvelous weapon.

The healers start to minister to the wounded. It was fortunate they had so many in this party that could heal, as the Blast of frigid cold had affected them all and she had returned to the living without her connection to her Deity The was nowhere in the room that had not been affected. Rayne is puzzled by Cynil's words. Cor had removed himself from being leader, Why was that. Something had happened and she needed to find out what it was. The best person to ask was Cor.

The elven ranger would wait until Cor had finished healing the others but until then she moved to the center of the room to look at where the creatures in the snow storm had risen from. Since they were staying in the room it was a good chance to look into how this trap had been layed.

"Ulthok, if you aren't doing anything right now could you jelp me look at this room. Perhaps if we can figure out how these traps are set it will help us. I was think that if we cold prevent the one door from shutting and arming the trap we could always figure out how to get of of the room just so long as we don't have to activate the test."

Raye will wait for a bit to see if Ulthok is so inclined if not she will try to investigate it herself.


Posted on 2010-09-02 at 17:05:20.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Conall

After being pinned awkwardly in a corner while everyone around him had a chance to surge forward, and seemingly destroy the lich, and pass the test, Conall couldn't help but think that had been too easy. It had certainly been over quick enough, even though there had been fairly large damage all around. His position had protected him from the worst of it, though he had still seen a lot of the damage doled out. It was devastating, but somehow it seemed less lethal than the previous tasks... Maybe it wasn't quite over... Lich's trickery knew no bounds.

"I agree with Cor's decision to take a while to rest, and prepare our spells for moving on again. However, as many may believe here, thinking along the same lines as myself, did this test not seem much more simple than previous tasks? I believe in the possibility that this could have been all there is to the test, though I would take comfort if one of our mages could cast a spell of Detect Magic, lest the Lich have simply cast an illusion spell and deceive us all, waiting for us to sleep before he strikes again. Knowing what could await us is half of the battle. Call me paranoid, but it would be comforting... for all of us, I believe."

Conall noticed Kenji as he shook the blood from his swords, and the rippling in his body. As he saw that the others were tending to the wounded, Conall walked over to Kenji, staying out of reach for a moment, in case the adrenaline still ran through, and a threat was perceived. "Kenji, I feel the rush too. The thrill of combat pulses through us all as we rush headlong into the fray. I wish more encounters were like this as well, easily won with a display of steel. You are not alone in this, my friend." Conall gave a small, respectful bow to the samurai, then leant his abilities in healing back to the wounded, as well as searching for the results of a detect magic spell, and also scanning the room with his detect evil ability for any remenants."


Posted on 2010-09-05 at 03:43:22.

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Curiosity may have killed the cat, but this is a halfling were talking about!

Having listened to the party chat as he received healing Ulthok didn't waste any time taking advantage of the sudden party approved exploration to let his curiousity run rampant. Moving away from the corner Ulthok quickly cast Detect Magic before beginning his search of the chamber for anything that might be interesting to a halfling, be it mysterious magic or simply deadly traps but most especially for loot of any kind that might be of value to them.

'Lets see what we have here..' Ulthok thought to himself. 'Maybe I can find something to make Uncle Trapspringer jealous..'

[OOC:Casts Detect Magic. Find Traps.]


Posted on 2010-09-06 at 01:38:33.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Search and Seizure

With the test over and the party preparing to rest once more, for perhaps only the second time since entering Drow Mountain, was the suggestion to search the test room afterwards brought to the fore. With a gleam in his eye the sought Halfling wasted no time in doing so first casting a Detect Magic spell.

He was rewarded with a very faint glow coming from the center of the room where once had stood a Lich trying to kill them. Moving slowly the Thief/Mage made his way across the room and knelt before what was clearly a panel in the floor. Within a few moments Ulthok had the panel open to reveal a small chest.

Checking for traps and finding none in the area around the chest he pulled it up to place it on the floor before him. A second check for traps again revealing none he easily unlocked it to gaze upon its contents.

While Ulthok was engaged in his search of the room, so too was another. Using his ability as a Paladin to Detect Evil Conall now did so, somehow not believing the test over. To his relief, or perhaps a deeper concern, he found no trace of any hostile alignment.

With healing spells cast to the point of almost having none left the party was ready for sleep. With watches set and everyone tired the group did settled in.............

(DM OOC: Ok I stopped it here in case anyone wanted to give me any spell changes and for Bri to get me Rayne’s new spells. For sake of simple nothing happens during your 8 hrs of rest and you all awake fully healed and refreshed once more)


Posted on 2010-09-06 at 05:21:21.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


Chest

"So what did you find in the chest lad?"


Posted on 2010-09-09 at 21:22:16.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


On guard

Kenji took his turn resting .. though he would not admit to weakness.. he had felt drained after the damage he had taken from the lich's attack.

Once he got some sleep and ate a little bit to keep up his strength.. then he went back to on guard as was his usual .. he kept a watchful eye out as the others tended to their needs.. whether they be food.. prayer.. etc.

He had watched quietly as Ulthok uncovered a hidden chest in the center of the room.. he watched from a distance.. leaving the searching of such things to those better qualified.. and though he stayed where he was .. watching over the passage out of the room.. he kept a glance towards the chest.. slightly curious about what the halfling had found.



Posted on 2010-09-10 at 01:39:06.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Hmm... No evil eh...?

Conall looked around puzzled, permitting his senses to return to him, no longer probing the room for evil. This was relieving, but still a bit disturbing.

"Well, I detect no evil in this room. It seems that for now, we are safe."

Conall took his sat down to pray, renewing his spells after taking his watch. He then took off his armour and slept, enjoying the relief that came with a night of sleep next to his love.

Conall rose from his slumber, stretching his body to get it engaged, and have the blood flowing. He donned his armour and weapons while looking over to Cor and Ulthok. Ulthok had found some chest, and Cor was investigating. Conall figured they would be capable of handling that themselves, and so Conall began taking out some rations, and enjoying his meal. He calmly observed everyone in their morning routines, looking at his companions that he had shared so much with. They still had much to do before they could be free.

"How goes the searching of the box? Any interesting items? Any clues to getting out of this place?"


Posted on 2010-09-12 at 01:58:57.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


All things are back to where they should be

Old man Maggot found a nice spot he laid down on his back as he has grown accustom to do. This keeps wanting hands away form his burden that was now back on his back. He could feel the skin once more start to move its way around the old leather scabbard. He gave up a silent prayer to the old Gods.

'Yes I do think they still hear me.' the old man mumble as he dozed off to sleep and rest.


Posted on 2010-09-12 at 19:48:58.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil ate perfunctorily, and then settled down near where Conall set his things. The oppressive feelings of this place had been weighing her down the longer they spent below ground so far form her natural surrounding. The weight of the evil was even more disturbing. How she longed for being on the surface again, In the forest with the animals--clear skies, fresh breezes, rich soil, all the good things of nature. But not this place not these trials always testing them causing harm injury and death. She stilled herself to restfulness but it wasn't until Conall settled down for the night that some of that oppressive weight was lifted by his presence.


Posted on 2010-09-12 at 22:30:53.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

rayne was still rather quiet she carried out what she needed to do with efficiency. It was strange not to feel her connecting to her deity. SHe felt empty though she know that as soon as she had the time to pray she would reestablish that connection.

One thing bothered her and had all day since being raised from the dead by Cor.. How did she die? She had remembered heading over to Kenji to heal him or raise him whatever was necessary. She had knelt by his side and then....nothing until she found herself walk in the ancient groves. Groves that not longer existed in the mortal world. The Peace the calmness the tranquility of that place has soothed her, but now that she was back she had that question. She rested and in the morning work early to pray. Once she had her prayers granted for the day and her spells chosen she moved over to Cor.

"Cor. How did I die? No one said anything about it and I was wondering what happened Was it a trap or something we had not see."


Posted on 2010-09-12 at 22:39:26.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Siréne

The enchantress woke from her fey reverie with health and magic restored. This trial though not as complicated as the last had taxed her more than she had expected. Still morning had come and they were all still alive, for the moment at least.

Rising to stand Siréne surveyed the banal room that had housed the trial. She had not been in this mountain long but it seemed these trials were unending and they all might never again see the open skies. Shuddering at the thought Siréne joined the others where they stood gathered around a strange chest that Ulthok had uncovered. She had her own suspicions about what traps the chest might hold but decided to hold her tongue and leave the matter in Ulthok's capable hands. The halfling was a skilled thief and hardly untrained in the arcane arts, she had lived long enough to know when the talents of another were better suited to a task than her own.

So she stood and waited in silence.


Posted on 2010-09-13 at 01:57:53.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


An answer

The paladin had heard Rayne's questioning words. Although it pained him, she had to know the truth.

"Cor, if youwould allow meto answer the lady's question..."

(Assuming either he is too busy or allows it...)

"Lady Rayne, you were murdered by a fiend by the name of Algrak. He had been held prisoner within one of the mirrors, and struck out at you before any of us even knew of his presence. He was a creature of pure evil. We were all deceived and manipulated by him. In the end it took the power of us all to finally be free of him, and thankfully so."

"We are glad you have now returned to us. But you need your rest. Returning from the dead is not an easy journey I am sure. I am equally sure that our friend Cor will fill you in on the details when he is able. Rest now milady. The answers will come."

Hoping that he had calmed her a bit, and given Cor a bit more time to come to terms with what had happened, Alasdair went back into his normal routine. (I'm not sure if we are bedding down or waking at this point, so whatever routine he would bne doing at the time).

(OOC: Tann, Alasdair is not meaning this explaination to decieve Rayne. But he is meaning it to say that he does not hold Cor responsible, recognizing that it was an entirely different being that commited the atrocity... don't take my paladin powers... please?)


Posted on 2010-09-13 at 02:19:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


OOOH Magic Door cooooolllll

BACKPOST
With the test complete and the party yet alive for the first time did they search the test room. The result was Ulthok finding a small chest after a quick scan for traps and poisons the chest was opened. Inside revealed were a small glass perfume type spray bottle with a light green colored liquid, a small bag upon looking within of 500 Platinum Pieces and lastly an oil darkened steel egg.

8 HOURS LATER
With the party rested, both Mages and Cleric’s with full spell capability, Fighters fully healed and armed for war, the time to move on was once again at hand. With the parties normal marching order easily formed, out the door of this test they did go. With the same twists of 40 feet to the left, 60 feet to the right, a straight stretch of 50 feet and a last turn 20 feet to the left and before the Halfling Mage/Thief was another door. However unlike the many doors before it this door was in fact two side by side doors made not of wood but of silver, steel and gold as if leading into a kings hall. Runes and sigils’ deeply engraved giving off a visible glow of magic easily seen by all.

Ulthok knew at once there would be much more needed here, then only his efficient thieving skills...............




Posted on 2010-09-13 at 05:32:26.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


On t he march...

With them on the move yet again... Kenji took up his usual position a couple steps behind Ulthok... when they came to the magic door and paused.. he looked at the barrier and nodded... surely a king's hall .. or something else worth guarding lay beyond.

Stepping up behind Ulthok where he stopped gazing at the door.. with his left hand resting on the hilt of his katana.. he laid his right hand on the Halfling shoulder as they both gazed upon the glowing door.

"A formidable entryway... wouldnt you say?" Kenji said with a faint smirk.. he wondered if the Halfling had the skills to handle such a obviously magically guarded door.


Posted on 2010-09-13 at 11:14:10.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.