The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Too obvious

Alasdair approaches the door amidst the group of now trusted friends once more. He gazes at the intricate work and the glow emanating from the doors themselves.

"This seems a bit too obvious compared to what we have faced thus far. Can any of you more versed in arcane or divine magic determine what manner of magic is actually defending this door, or what its purpose is? I remember hearing once of an illusionary magic that could make something appear magical that was not. If a deadly twist were tied into a magic like that it would be right in line with these trials. Any thoughts?"


Posted on 2010-09-13 at 20:13:03.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne Remembering

Rayne felt more at peace not with her connection to her deity restore after a good night sleep. When Alastair approached the door ans asked for their Magic Users to look it over, she went over the opening clues they had been given. "Do any of you remember what was said at the beginning about knowing what was real from what was illusion. This might be a case of that. So far the clues have proved useful in solving some of the tests. WE should try to remember them all.


Posted on 2010-09-13 at 20:52:23.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


oooo pretty doors

Maggot looked at the door and whispered, 'Yes i can see it.' he stepped closer and looked at the doors concentrating on the writings, 'I remember them kinda,' the old man mumbled, 'but it is more like a dream.' he used his finger pointing at each scratch, never touching the door the he grew frustrated; no more aggravated. Not with himself but at some one, "Shhhhh, let me think. LOOK if you were here perhaps you could but you are not and I am. The last time I asked for your help you did very little." Maggot dropped his hand to his side and looked skyward and rolled his eyes. "NO you need not look for her, I have already told you the Lady Rayne is with us already. Now if you will be silent and allow me to look and stay out of the way, perhaps i can be of some use!" Maggot paused as if listening for some kind of answer... none came. With a whisper, 'Thank you, now what was i looking at? Oh yes these doors.' Maggot then looked at Ulthok and Kenji cleared his throat, "I have done little to help but I do as I can." the old man went back to studying the doors as if all was normal.


Posted on 2010-09-13 at 23:07:06.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The doors...

While others moved forward to examine the magical doors.. Kenji moved back to let them have their room to work their skills... he moved to the rear of the group and stood rear guard ... he had no magical skills and therefore knew he would be of no use in solving the riddle of whether the door was truly a door... so he decided to put his meager skills to use.. guarding the group from any more surprise attacks from behind.


Posted on 2010-09-14 at 11:28:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


Converstions in the hall

While waiting for the ones checking the new door to finish, Cor asked Rayne for a moment. "Lass, Alasdair spoke truth to ya but he left out a bit as well. Mentally it was indeed Algrek who killed you but physically you died by my hands. For this I am truely sorry. The spirit in the mirror, Algrek, took control of me. Before his ruse was discovered he managed to kill you and Maggot. I ask that you forgive me for not being strong enough to fight off the possession." Cor waited, ready to answer any questions and to hear her reply.


Posted on 2010-09-14 at 16:17:51.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne contemplated what Cor has to say to her. Some of it surprised her and some of it didn't.

"There is nothing to apologized for my friend. It was not you who guided your hands. I too was attacked repeatedly by the denizen in the mirror, first by trickery they by repeated assaults against my mind. I to fall but I was suddenly release form the mirror. How I don't know. "I thank you for the explanation ir helped me fill in the blanks. I also failed against whatever those things were trapped in the mirror." She lays hr hands lightly on his shoulder.

"Now I understand why you stepped down. However we need a leader and that needs to be decide. May your God favor your tried and tested soul

The Elven Ranger and Cleric turns to the other. "Before we consider any actions we must resolve who is theto be our leader

"Cor has told me the truth that I needed to know. I hold him blameless for my death. IT was not him who killed me but one fo the entities trapped in the mirrors. I too finally succumbed to one myself but then was released form the mirror unexpectedly.


Posted on 2010-09-14 at 19:22:27.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


The rule is that of the council.

Maggot rolls his eyes and his head drops as if much sorrow fell upon him all at once. The words of the Lady Rayne still heavy in the air when Maggot spins on his toes to face all, “SHHHHHHHHHH!” then in a wisher, “Do you hear that?” he gives all a time to listen. “That is the sound of the heart of the mountain laughing at you. No, it is the evil of the sword that we look for. No it is the soul of the evil king himself mocking you all. And that laughter will be heard in all the lands!” Maggot looks and Kenji from a far off land, “Even yours master Kenji if you people do not pull your heads from that deep dark place where this precious leader is that you are all looking for. Can you people not see it? I have only walked with you for less that three days and I can see it already. This group is a group of leaders. What I have seen in this short time I have walk with you all is this. The ‘Leadership of Council’ is what rules here when time permits. But when the enemy is at our flanks and those that would kill us ahead bare the road, Alasdair steps forward with Conall and Kenji at his side. That if you cannot see it is a leader with two ready to take his place if he should fall. When a leader is truly needed. And any who would try to run this lot in any other time would be fool hearty and deserving of respect.”

Maggot pauses for a moment for all to think then continues “Now if you wish to call the council together and vote up a leader that will be nothing but an escape goat for the next time we need one. Who would receive nothing but words or rebut when instead action was needed then call for a vote. But leave me out of it, I will fallow the rule of the council.”

Maggot shifts his weight to his other side and with a smile, “Or except the fact that here and now the rule of the group falls upon the council and we all take some blame for the success or failure of this little outing.” Maggot then leans upon his staff and looks at them all waiting to see which will open their mouth and show weakness and doubt in their cause.


Posted on 2010-09-18 at 20:42:28.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil has been listening closely She really doesn't care who is the leader just so long ans they can get moving as soon as possible. In her world their is no real leader. nature is what it is and the parts make up the whole even though they workd for themselves for th emost part. SO really it didn't matter to her if they had a leader or not. They all knew what needed doing and they were all diung there best to get it done.

"There is an element of truth that can not be disregarded in Maggot's words. I realized that many of you work under and hierarchy and leadership is clearly defined, but not in my world. There is no one leader in the world of nature, though their is recognistion of high ranking Druids, They are well respected but our duty is to our area we each protect. They are powerful but do we serve under them."

"This mission is much like that. We all know what needs to be down and if we work together, make use of our strengths had protecting our weakness will make us better able to complete this quest. Now the question is do we need someone who bears the name leader? It will not change anything about who we are or what we do to achieve success."

"A new idea, perhaps a scary one for some of you, but think on it. Maggot's summation has value and perhaps a truth we have not recognized or consider before this."


Posted on 2010-09-18 at 21:31:42.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


The issue of leadership... take two.

Conall paused with the rest of the group at the door. Ulthok went about his work, attempting to unlock it, but meanwhile, the issue of leadership was still unresolved. And, much to the group's surprise, the insight into the issue came from Maggot, who had oft been overlooked by Conall, and he supposed by everyone.

"What Maggot says is correct. We do not often listen to the leader when they are in place. Nevertheless, someone to shoulder the burden is something that, though not crucial, assures some."

"As I have stated before, I am more than willing to accept the role, should you see me fit to lead you all through the rest of this dungeon. Should we decide otherwise, I shan't take offense, nor shall I seek to cause unrest for the leader. I merely throw my name up for consideration again."


Posted on 2010-09-19 at 04:50:39.

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ulthok

Examining the doorway was proving more then engrossing enough to keep the halfing blissfully ignorant of the discussion taking place just a few feet behind him. Searching for traps, magical and otherwise, Ulthok was prepared to disarm anything he came across as he did his best to alleviate all possibility of danger before his opening of the door. Continuing to pay no mind to whatever was being said behind him, Ulthok finished his preparations and moved to open the mysterious door before his curiousity could get the better of him.


Posted on 2010-09-19 at 19:38:12.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

"Now that Cor has fully recovered from his ordeal, and all sarcasm can be put aside, I am willing to continue my role. I believe leadership is a duty of deed, not of word. And as such, almost any of us would find a way to succeed in some way at leading our party. While I am more than willing to shoulder the role, it seems to me that the discussion of leadership has done nothing more than sow discontent and dissension among long time allies and friends. Can we trust in each other now that Algrak is gone? Yes. Each of us has proven their mettle time and again in the face of trials that would bawk many a brave knight or powerful wizard. Do we know what lies ahead? No we do not. But I do trust that whether we give someone the title of leadership or not, together we will find a way to defeat whatever trials we must face."

"I leave the decision, if there is to be one, in the hands of each of you. I won't try to convince you of who may be better or worse for the responsibility, since that is what led us into chaos once before. What I will do while our knowledgable spellcasters are examining the door, is see if I can discover anything that might aid us through the use of my other abilities. Althena? If you would please asist me..."


Posted on 2010-09-19 at 19:52:50.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1224 Posts


Siréne

The elven enchantress chose to ignore the renewed debate over leadership. She had little use for the hierarchical order some of her companions seemed to need so greatly, that and the matter had already been resolved. So Siréne focused her attention on the door before them. It seemed that opening the door would fall to Ulthok but she was not without use in this endeavor.

"Perhaps," Siréne began, "knowing what lays beyond the door will aid us in opening it. There are ways to see more than the eye beholds."

Not waiting for commentary the enchantress began to chant calling forth the sight. Her eyes transfixed on the door took on a faraway look as she sought to see beyond it.

((OOC: Casts Clairvoyance))


Posted on 2010-09-20 at 01:53:13.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


gotta love organization

Maggot had spoken perhaps the truest statement in the past few days. The group was indeed made of those who were accustomed to leading, giving orders and having others follow them. Such was all well and good usually but this was a strnge situation. "If I remember a teach from one of my classes as an adept correctly we were taught that sometimes a good leader must know when to follow. Never really understood what old Father Grullin meant by that until now. I shall indeaver to place my footsteps square in the prints of the one before me; who ever that may be." Cor smiled a mischevious smile. "Unless of course we all vote to continue cultivate the anarchy Algrek sewed."


Posted on 2010-09-20 at 02:03:52.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


I talked goodly

Maggot smiled, “You mean I said something that made some kind of sense of all this? Glory and Trumpets!” The old man then turned to watch Ulthok in his truest element. “A master of the shadows you truly are Ulthok, but I would ask that before you open the door you would allow the others to perhaps finish their search of these two fine doors also?” The old man then went back to looking at the doors himself, “Lady Rayne, I think you are also looking in the right place. Continue to remember what was told you at the beginning of this march. Any little bit could help. Alasdair let me know when the two of you are ready and if you need near the door.” He then leans in close and squints to get a better look, “The doors are very strange indeed.”


Posted on 2010-09-20 at 02:46:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


ghij

With a magical door in front of it only 2 of the party seemed interested in what lay behind it, as the rest had once more turned to the subject of party leadership. With Conall, and with some surprise Alasdair, each again stepping forward to offer to lead, it was the words of Maggot that seemed to carry the most weight and made the most sense.

“SHHHHHHHHHH!,..... Do you hear that?…….. That is the sound of the heart of the mountain laughing at you. No it is the evil of the sword that we look for. No it is the soul of the evil king himself mocking you all. And that laughter will be heard in all the lands! Even yours master Kenji, if you people do not pull your heads from that deep dark place where this precious leader is that you are all looking for. Can you people not see it? I have only walked with you for less that three days and I can see it already. This group is a group of leaders. What I have seen in this short time I have walk with you all is this. The ‘Leadership of Council’ is what rules here when time permits. But when the enemy is at our flanks and those that would kill us ahead bare the road, Alasdair steps forward with Conall and Kenji at his side. That if you cannot see it is a leader with two ready to take his place if he should fall. When a leader is truly needed. And any who would try to run this lot in any other time would be fool hearty and deserving of respect.”
As the debate continued Ulthok paid it no mind as he was more focused on the door before him. His tools at the ready and his skills he felt up to the task he moved to examine the magical door…… And suddenly found himself thrown backward through the grouped party as if swatted by a huge hand to lay at the rear of the party at Kenji’s feet. The swat was not without damage as the Mage/Thief could tell he had suffered a broken rib or 3.

His passage through the rest of the party was not without collision causing Cynil to be slammed to the floor, both Althena with Alasdair beside her into the wall and barely missing Cor, thanks to his lack of height. Though none of the 4 took damage from the Halflings passage, all in the party were aware of it. However it was only Haila who by chance caught a glimpse of what had caused Ulthok’s abrupt non magical flight. A large ghostly appearing hand clutched into a fist, that quickly vanished back into the door’s frame.

With Ulthok at Kenji’s feet Siréne who had also paid the leadership discussion no mind cast the spell she had been preparing, the spell of Clairvoyance.

"Perhaps knowing what lays beyond the door will aid us in opening it. There are ways to see more than the eye beholds."
However with the spell cast whatever knowledge she had hoped to gain remained unknown as what lay beyond the door was magically guarded from her sight.

A magical door yet closed, a Halfling wounded with broken ribs, a leaderless party seeking a leader, an 11 person group, each examining the door before them in his or her own way, for the moment getting nowhere fast.........


(DM OOC: Ok good posting all, please keep it up. Ok next post as normal next Sunday.)


Posted on 2010-09-20 at 04:27:57.
Edited on 2010-09-20 at 04:28:33 by TannTalas

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.