The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4001 registered users. Our newest member is Delance.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Comings and Goings - Once upon a time.  (posted by Eol Fefalas)Once upon a time
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Nomad D2)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Odyson)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Casper is not so friendly

Maggot speaking to Ulthok one moment and the next speaking to no one he looks at the large ghostly hand, “Ulthok, if my stench offended you so much you could have told me to step back instead of fling from me like a rabbit from a fox.” Maggot watches the hand fade back into the door. It was then he turned and realized the damage that had happened.

Magggot made his way to the side of Ulthok, “Kenji, could you help me with Ulthok please?” He then looks down at Ulthok, “Well it seems a hands on approach to the door will not be the way to go.” As he attempts to help Ulthok to his feet he notices the Halfling wince in pain. “Be at rest Master of the shadows.” Maggot then removes a small wooden object and uses his holly symbol to cast a ‘Cure Light’ on Ulthok. “There, tinder for a while but they are healed.”

“I would suggest our masters of the arcane arts put their heads together and work together as Ulthok and I did not and we see what that got him.” Maggot then stands and looks at the rest of the group, any others hurt?”


Posted on 2010-09-20 at 23:42:58.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

The paladin stands and looks to Althena and, seeing no obvious injury offers to help her to her feet.

"We are alright. How is out halfling friend? Everyone else? I think it is time that we laid this leadership issue to rest as Maggot said. The discussion has caused us nothing but chaos thus far."

He moves to help the others that may have been knocked down back to their feet.

"How fare our mages at figureing out this door? Anything? Since it was a ghostly hand it, and given the undad we only just fought, it might be a spirit. If that is the case perhaps our divinely inspired friends might have a bit more luck."



Posted on 2010-09-22 at 00:40:55.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Punch drunk...

Kenji heard a grunt from the front and a few people speaking in surprise as he turned back to see Ulthok flung at his feet crashing through several members as he was flung to stop here… he raised and eyebrow in surprise… as was his norm..

“Kenji, could you help me with Ulthok please?” Maggot said then looks down at Ulthok.
Seeing Ulthok appeared conscious yet harmed… reached down and slowly helped Ulthok to stand… noting that he appeared to have suffered some injury… he held on to his shoulders gently to steady him as Maggot assisted him.

“Be at rest Master of the shadows.” Maggot then removes a small wooden object and begins casting a spell
Kenji watched as he assumed the old man to be casting some sort of healing magic… after the healing the Samurai spoke to the Halfling.

“Perhaps you should rest and let others lend their minds to the task,” he smiled slightly at the Halfling.



Posted on 2010-09-25 at 00:31:15.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1274 Posts


Siréne

Siréne stared intently at the door only to find that her magical sight could not pierce whatever mystical barrier guarded it. Hissing with frustration she turned from the door to her companions. Despite the attack from the spectral hand all seemed to be okay, for now at least.

With a slow and graceful gait Siréne moved closer to the party. She had more potent divinations that might well give them the insight they sought but she would need time to prepare them. There was no way of knowing if they had that time.

Gazing at each in turn the she elf spoke, "It would seem this strange door is resistant to what magics we have thrown at it. I know a spell that should give us the knowledge we need, it is a magic of some considerable power. Sadly I do not have it prepared and would need time and rest to do so. Unless another of you has an idea I suggest this course of action."


Posted on 2010-09-26 at 01:37:02.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Maggot, "Ok there we were, just the two of us..."

Sirene said it, ‘ Spectral Hand’ Maggot stood from his place next to Ultholk and Kenji. He looked at the Lady Sirene with wide eyes. His mind was racing now trying to bring back memories from long ago. Like those that have faded back into dreams, as she finished, “suggest this course of action.”

“I remember now,” he exclaimed, “There was this man who had the power to summon and hand from thin air and use it.” Maggot smiled, “One time he and I were traveling together and these bandits came upon us and I dazed them with simple parlor tricks he had enough time to summon this giant hand that he commanded. I remember laughing as he swatted them away like flies.” Maggot’s head drops a little, “but that was a day long ago and places long lost.” Maggot shook off the memory and was back in the here and now. “Perhaps the magic is not only in the room but upon the door. Is there a hand that can last after the master is gone?” Maggot looked at all the arcane masters as he asked the question.


Posted on 2010-09-26 at 15:11:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Try

"Hmm, I was unaware that halflings could fly." Cor saw that the others has the situation well in hand and so he took a turn looking at the door. "Perhaps I can try an augery spell. Since it is not aimed directly at the door it may not trigger any magic from it."

Cor prepared his spell and then cast it seeling divine guidance. "Father Odin would be be better for us to open the plain door than the fancy door?"


Posted on 2010-09-26 at 15:18:59.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

"I'll take care of Ulthok, THe rest of you becaredul."

Cynil hurries over to The Fallen Thief-mage Ulthok. She calmly and efficiently checks him out with a and used her experience to judging the extent of his injuries. Cynil will try a CLW spell to heal him first as the day is young and they did know what more they would face.


Posted on 2010-09-26 at 22:52:40.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne looks over but since Cynil was already attending to Ulrhok she continued her search. After checkin out wall, floor and seiling and coming up with nothing so far she hopes that another trick will help her locate any sign of an opening to somewhere else,

"Does anyone here have a candle torch of oil lamp. If their is a hidden passage the I can use the flame to perhaps show us where it is located."

If she does get something to make a flame with she used it to search the walls floor and ceiling again. Poking and prodding anything that looks like it might move or twist or turn


Posted on 2010-09-26 at 22:59:27.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Conall

Conall dodged out of the way as Ulthok flew towards him and landed with a resounding crack. Some bones must be broken, but there were many more who were more proficient healers than he in the party, and so he allowed them to be the ones to deal with Ulthok.

Meanwhile, Conall walked up to the door cautiously, letting his holy senses reach out for any malicious power, as he also tried to look at the sigils surrounding the door to see if there were any clues.

"Perhaps if one of magical prowess could look at these insignias surrounding the door... Perhaps they hold the key for either dispelling the hand which has struck Ulthok, or for opening the door istelf."

(OoC: Using detect evil on the area, scanning for any evil presence)


Posted on 2010-09-27 at 05:05:00.
Edited on 2010-09-27 at 05:08:23 by gboy

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6388 Posts


For whom the Bell Tolls

With Ulthok’s first attempt to open the twin doors before the party a painful failure and
Sirene’s attempt to see beyond the magic of the door a second failure. The call did go out for the Mages of the party to put their heads together to find the way within.

With both Cynil and Maggot tending to Ulthok, each casting a spell of Cure Light Wounds, Rayne searching the area around the twin doors, to find nothing indicating a secret door or passage, Sirene suggesting a spell not readied and Alasdair helping any who had need of him, it was Cor who acted next.
His casting of the spell of Augury quickly bringing him a reply

Great risk behind the door, brings great rewards, perhaps too great.
The reply not a direct answer to the question asked, yet truthful in its own way, the magically protected double doors would need to be opened as ahead and not back was the only way left to go. Conall knowing this and though having not seen the ghostly fist attack Ulthok, put forth his ability to Detect Evil, directed at the door. Only to receive no hint of such in its structure, yet the veteran Paladin could sense as if an itch from a mosquito bite that something was off.

As the rest of the party was involved with other things Haila was carefully watching the door when Niamedris decided to talk after a long bout of silence.

Magic things can be un magic’d can they not.
Why yes they can She thought back.

“How about this” She asked as she turned to face the rest of the party, “Why don’t we try a Dispel Magic Spell??”...........

(DM OOC: Ok FYI just to correct a misunderstanding that you the party may have gotten from my description, which I admit upon reading it over may have given you such a mistake, but there are not 2 doors before the party only 1 double door like that leading into a throne room. One door two sides.
Ok next post next Sunday as norm.)


Posted on 2010-09-27 at 05:13:00.
Edited on 2010-09-27 at 05:16:19 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Unlock

Cor shared the results of his augury spell with all. "No telling if the too great pertained to the risk or the reward. Guess we will find out if we get these blasted doors open." When Halia suggested a dispel magic spell he nodded, "That is as good an idea as any lass, seems we should give it a try at least."


Posted on 2010-09-27 at 12:24:22.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Running out of ideas

Alasdair stood to the side, lost in thought and anxious. He too felt that something was... off. He hoped Halia's dispelling would work, but that again seemed far to simple. But perhaps...

"I may be grasping at straws a bit here, but what if these doors do not truly exist? The riddle we heard at the beginning of these trials spoke of knowing what is real and what is not. We have already seen several cases where this has applied, perhaps this is one more."

Doubtful himself of his own suggestion, he truly was grasping at the fringes, trying to unravel the mystery that lay before him and his companions.

(OOC: Attempt to disbelieve the door and any magics associated with it, assuming that fails he attempts to use psionic clairvoyance).

Failing that, he begins to focus the magic of his mind, seeking a vision beyond the door. Perhaps psionics might prevail where magic has failed.


Posted on 2010-09-29 at 15:04:32.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


jokes

"Remeber what happened last time you all disbelieved? Hope this time it has better results." Cor smiled and hoped it was not too soon for his joke.


Posted on 2010-09-29 at 18:49:42.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Upon the door?

Maggot thought for a moment to himself, ‘Yes ummm what was it… yes, I do remember.’ The old man remembered he did have a dispel magic but looked to the Lady, “Why yes perhaps it is the doors that are charmed and not the room.” He paused for a moment, “Yes, I did say that just not in those words.” The old man shook it off and brought his attention back to the Lady, “You might want to cast your removal of what ever charms these doors before our Alasdair bumps his head or learns to fly as our Uthlok has done.”


Posted on 2010-09-29 at 23:09:07.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


.

"Did you require any more assistance with our wee friend Maggot or have the others sufficiently suffocated him in attention? Of course you did suggest dispeling magic on the door but I fear the lasses believed you to be talking to your invisible friend and not us so they restated for those of us with ear wax that clogs our aurical canals." Cor winked at Maggot.


Posted on 2010-09-30 at 00:43:17.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.