The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3926 registered users. Our newest member is ninetail039.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Eol's Birthday (posted by Duncan74)Eol's Birthday
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Entertainment - Avengers Endgame (posted by Grugg)Avengers Endgame
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Ohh... look who it is!

Halia sighed a little bit, glanced down at her cat.

They talk all too much don't they?
A feline smile seemed to be sent to her in response. She gave a slight nod in further agreement then turned her blue eyes to the door.

Concentrating and letting the petty arguments over leadership and the childish banter the group flung constantly at each other fade into the background she concentrated on the dispell spell.

The words fell quietly from her lips and she waited for it to work or fail miserably.


Posted on 2010-09-30 at 14:49:47.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne.

Rayne gave up her search. And turned to guarding th others. If this would be opened with magic she had none ans so let th others who had such skills. She knew well that four if their party had such skill. Sirene, Haila, Maggot and Ulthok. A good ly number and she hope that one or all of them together would find a way to open it.

Rayne took out the bow that had so surprised her when she fired it for the first time today. She had seen the arrow transformed into pure streaks of energy. That energy was not defected as real arrows often were. She was very happy to have chosen the bow over the sword. It had been a difficult choice, not knowing the bow's abilities. And the sword she had first pick up had been a very fine weapons.
Rayne takes a moment to thank her Deity for her final selection.

Standing ready with arrow notched and ready to draw and fire if their was need.


Posted on 2010-10-02 at 06:27:17.
Edited on 2010-10-02 at 06:56:31 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil finishes any healing Ulthok need. They she stood and move to where she could what the proceedings for know. She preps a spell in case Cor's augury comes to pass. She moves over closer to Connall, but leaving him room to work as he needed.

Sometimes Cynil wished that she could summon nature's here allies but did not think that the animals of the nature world could appear here underground. She did not think it likely. From where would they come. there were so many dangers here in this place that she had chosen not to gall on them.


Posted on 2010-10-02 at 06:37:28.
Edited on 2010-10-02 at 06:49:48 by Brianna

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ouch

Having felt the sting of his curiosity first hand Ulthok lay where he had fallen as he attempted to regain his senses. While the initial pain was indeed profound the healing came swiftly from his friends and soon enough the sharp jab in his chest that came with every breath was rapidly receding into memory.

It took only a moment for Ulthok to reach the decision that wisdom was the better part of valor. Making no move to retake his feet Ulthok enjoyed his rest as the others made their own attempts at the door. Better one of them seek entry next, perhaps they would have better luck.


Posted on 2010-10-02 at 19:36:36.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Standing by...

Kenji moved away from Ulthok as others with healing abilities tended to the wounded halfling... he again took up his vigil at the rear of the group... he didnt want something to come upon them from behind... he would look at ease but really he was coiled ready for action if the need arose.


Posted on 2010-10-02 at 20:36:05.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Siréne

The she elf stood in silence and waited. An attempt to dispel the magic that guarded the doors was a good move. She was more than happy to let the honey haired mage try her hand at it. Still Siréne stood at the ready. There was no way of knowing what would come of the Haila's spell, all any of them could do was wait.


Posted on 2010-10-04 at 01:09:56.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Visions

A different type of door before the party, one protected by magic and made of metal not wood, the question had become how to gain access to the room beyond.

Haila’s idea of using a Dispel Magic spell to try and un-magic the doors had been greeted with approval so wasting no time she proceeded to cast. The spell aimed at the doors for a moment it seemed to the party that they seemed to flicker but before anyone could act the glow was strong once more.

The next to try to do something was Alasdair as he first attempted to disbelief, with no luck, and then turned to his psionic ability of clairvoyance. To his amazed shock his psionics did indeed penetrate the magic of the door before them.

Before him, as if he were standing in the middle of the room, the Paladin could see that he was in a 60x70 room filled with a large stone table running north and south with many thick wooden chairs around it. In the center of this sturdy well made table rested an exquisite 5 branched candle bra forming a hand within its grip was held a green apple sized emerald. Jutting from the base of said candle bra in the pattern of a star, five onyx holders held unlit candles clearly untouched by flame.

To the north, what could be called the tables head, there arose a grand chair made of silver and gold inlaid with gems of all types from ruby’s the size of a human hand to opals as small as a dwarven thumb. jade, sapphire, pearls and more too were set in the metal of the chairs making.

Upon closer observation Alasdair could see resting upon the seat of the chair was a scabbarded sword, roughly long sword in length that upon setting his eyes on it seemed to shine with a holy light and call out to him to claim it.

Tearing his eyes away from the sword he proceeded to continue his scan of the room and further saw that tattered rotted tapestries, long faded with age, hung about the walls of the room and a number of shields with heralds as yet unknown to him were placed behind each chair, some alike, but most different. To the north of the room and just to the rear of the main chair Alasdair could see a large chest did rest. As was normal with every room encountered so far everywhere the Paladin did look it all was covered in ages old dust and cobwebs.

The last thing of note he did see, before his vision faded, was a door directly on the East wall opposite the one before the party outside, with nothing baring the way between both.

(DM OOC: ok good posting everyone. Well there you have what’s beyond the door, question now is can you get in. Next post next Sunday as norm.)


Posted on 2010-10-04 at 04:06:19.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


two puzzles

OOC: Assuming Alasdair shares his vision.

"Well now that makes things a might bit more interesting. Seems we have two puzzles at once now. First how do we get past this door and then what should we do in the next room. Though it makes no differance what the next room holds while we are still in this one I suggest we each at least give it a thought and perhaps we might even agree on a tactic before we enter." Cor looked to see if the others agreed.

"As for this door, the dispell magic seemed to have some effect. Could it be that it has more than one magic upon it or that it somehow saved against the spell? Perhaps another attempt might have differant result."


Posted on 2010-10-04 at 16:30:08.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


disspell

Halia stared at the door and nodded slightly absently to Cor.

"Yes it did seem to work for a moment. I can try again... or perhaps if someone has a stronger version of the spell they could try that."


Posted on 2010-10-04 at 18:59:13.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Thoughts

OOC: Alasdair would indeed share his vision.

"I would caution you not to use up all of your dispels. Cor is right, it may simply be that there are multiple enchantments, but if that were the case I would think the door my radiate a bit less. If the power of your spell simply didn't overcome the magic of the door, would there be any way to tell that without casting another? If not, I say we try one more attempt. If that fails we move to something else."

After sharing his observations with the group he steps away to analyze the room interior in his thoughts. "I am curious about that sword..." he mumbles to himself. "A holy sword in this place... it might be what we are looking for. But I have a nagging feeling that this is not the end of our trek." The paladin paces as he thinks, eventually finding himself beside the samurai.

"What do you think Kenji? You have been rather silent this whole time, and while those more skilled in the mystical arts are trying to determine a way to get into the room, I wish to ask your thoughts about the room itself. Any ideas?"


Posted on 2010-10-06 at 02:03:19.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


Out of place

Cor thought about the description of the next room. Somehow it seemed very odd. The rooms so far held tests not rewards, with one exception. "Alasdair, think for a moment. So far the tests have been magical and physical. What if this next room holds a new type of test, one that measures our focus and character? None of the other rooms had a visible exit when entered so why does this one? Perhaps we could simply walk straight through and out the other door without any effort required." Such an idea seemed to simple but sometimes the simple solution was teh best.


Posted on 2010-10-06 at 13:40:23.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Your time to shine.

Maggot heard the description of the room, "Althena," the old man looked at her, "She is the key to this one. If the door still has magic upon it she can open it. She is the one." Maggot said nothing else.


Posted on 2010-10-06 at 22:11:02.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Response

"What do you think Kenji? You have been rather silent this whole time, and while those more skilled in the mystical arts are trying to determine a way to get into the room, I wish to ask your thoughts about the room itself. Any ideas?" Alasdair asked.
Kenji had heard the description of the room beyond the door… he had been pondering it when Alasdair had walked up and asked him what he had thought.

“It is a trap,” he said frankly, “The sword and jewels are obviously intended to lure us in and then spring whatever it is upon us. We need to ignore it and move forward.”

This statement was all that he had to say… he turned back to watching the rear of the party and on guard behind them while they figured out a way to get into the room that was obviously a deathtrap for them.



Posted on 2010-10-08 at 11:34:34.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Agreed

"Well put Kenji. You're probably right. So it seems Cor's thought that we might be able to just walk through might actually be the case. Though I would recommend we each steel ourselves to any attempt at mental manipulation. That sword called to me, even just at a glance in my mind. It is likely that the rest of the treasure may have similar enchantments on it to temp and lure us to it."

Confident in the solution that his comrades had created he turned once again to the problem of getting into the room in the first place.

"Maggot, what makes you think Althena is the key to the door? The only thing I see that might lead me to that conclusion is that my psionic abilities pierced the door when magic would not. She too is a mind mage. I am just curious if there is something more to your thoughts."


(DM OOC: Actually your the more powerful Psioncist then she is.)


Posted on 2010-10-09 at 02:14:26.
Edited on 2010-10-09 at 06:26:17 by Steelight

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

I agree with Kenji and Cor's assessment of what Alastair saw. The thrice accursed evil sword in disguise that may well be trying to lure one or all of us to pick it us. That we must not do. Treasures are well and good but not now and not in this situation. We must be steadfast in out focus or getting through these test. No treasure is worth the risk of failure.

I should have taken augury to help us with this decision but in this place I may not be able to know the truth anyway. The Gods do not always give simple responses that are easily understood but rather wrap the truth in many possibilities. and options. I will trust in what knowledge we have gained in this place. Stay focused and true to out quest and goal." The Ranger/Cleric speaks her words so that all can hear her clearly.


Posted on 2010-10-09 at 03:19:20.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.