The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is xmasztime.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Escape

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Escape
Posted on 11/1/2005 at 5:17:15 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A way out for the party now revealed to all once hidden by the magic of illusion. Gear gathered, two friends ready to burn a pair of party’s now together as one, their leaders firmly in control.

Alasdair knew it was time to move with all words spoken and a marching order set the party did finally move out. The bodies of Hawk and Flit stripped of anything useful and now burning, the souls of two brave party members to Valhalla surely sent

The tunnel before them the party could see was narrow yet high walled and running to the West, the width allowing only single file movement. With the Halfling Ulthok in the lead the party moved out, behind Ulthok came Magma, then Af’til, Conall, then Wallack leading behind him Cor. Then came the ladies Haila and Althena with Alasdair behind them, the last of the members as rear guard followed the dwarf Gromit.

And so they moved almost at once did Ulthok find a small trail of blood as if from a fast moving man, then a few feet further and to the left and North the tunnel did go and just beyond this turn a hand axe did lay, blood upon its blade and hilt. It was clear to all that here was the instrument of the blood for a wound it must have caused after all and sure it was once Magma did see it that his 'Nelly' had been returned.

The tunnel did remain single file for roughly 300 yards Northward heading true then as if a sudden teleport spell had been cast Ulthok did find himself back in the larger tunnels proper. A quick look behind him showed only a plain bare wall with Magma now stepping through it, clear it was that this doorway was yet concealed by another illusion.

Shortly thus was the party once again in a normal hallway if one could call tunnels of magic made normal and with that a new choice to be made for 3 tunnels from here did go. The blood trail having stopped about 100 yards back gave no clue as to which way Krelis had gone. The tunnels did branch East, West and again to the North the only clue as to which might lead where, was a faint banging sound to the West.

The party with a choice before them free of enemies but for a moment and lives on the line. A prison to find but no way to know which tunnel to take to find it. A toss of a coin useless as 3 ways there were to go, only a gut instinct perhaps needed. But would the final choice be the right one, the fate of possibly many in the hands of only 10...


OOC: Ok everyone your finally out of the room took you all long enough.
But as always another choice before you. Pick well my friends for you are yet 3 levels below ground and many enemies remain. But so do as yet many rooms we skipped so search if you want. Ok next post Mon-Tues stay safe all.


Posted on 2006-10-02 at 15:41:24.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


91

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

With your leave...
Posted on 11/1/2005 at 11:26:50 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall stood beside Cor as things came together to move on then Magma spoke, “No offence there, laddie. But you look like one who likes to be in the thick of things, like me.”

Conall replies with a quick, "None taken." Conall turned to face Cor, “With your leave Brother I will take my place in the front of battle, but don’t you find this easy life back here to good. I will miss you and your strong hammer in the front line. Also do not drink all that is in your wine skin. I will be back here from time to time to take a swig and receive blessings.” Conall stood with a hand on Cor’s shoulder until the dwarf released Conall from his duties as a guide.

Magma then puts a hand on Cor’s shoulder, “Wallack Stonetongue here is a good clansman, from a strong family. He’ll serve you well until we can get your sight back.”

Then as Conall took his place toward the front of the group, “Sir Magma Ironclaw, I see that you have lost your axe in the conflict with Kril-less please take and use this one, it does return to the thrower. Perhaps it will serve you as well as your last one.”

As the group began to move out there was a small voice in the back of Conall’s mind but he quickly drown it out by humming a drinking song that Cor had taught him in the short time at the King’s palace before setting off on this little adventure.

As Conall stepped through the illusion he felt some relief and the walls seem to open if just a little. As there was a slight pause in movement of the party Conall was watchful of the North and East passageways as a direction of travel was decided.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Onward but to where
Posted on 11/2/2005 at 3:02:24 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Constantly on the alert as they moved, Alasdair knew that time was working agianst them. With each turn of the tunnels, the possibility that they would become disoriented and not be able to find their way back to the prison cells became all too real. Then the halls changed and they came upon and intersection, banging could be heard to the east. With a clear head, Alasdair tried to discern if it was the monsters banging on the metal door that they all now heard. To Af'Til and Ulthok he spoke, "Lead us us towards that sound, ever watchful for the enemy and anything familiar that would lead us to the prison cells. Stealth and surprise are now in our favor, let us not waste this opportunity."

To the other he said, "Give me a moment and I shall try and use the last of my powers in an effort to detect those that we now seek." After a few moments of concentration he looks to the party before him. "Silently now, Westward towards that familiar sound we should move. If luck prevails we shall find familiar passageways before we find the monsters creating that noise. Lets move out as before, Lady Haila please whisper quiet words of comfort to our dear Cor, whilst he may not be able to see, he can still feel and hear the world around him, just be mindful of his retorts and hands," jests Alasdair, trying to bring some light heartedness back into the group.

As he moves back into place as part of the rear guard, Alasdair gently pats Brother Cor on the shoulder, "Fret not my friend, we shall leave these halls far behind us and see your sight returned."

OOC: Alasdair will use his last remaining PSPs to use the power of Life Detection in order to confirm their choice of moving Westward, as well as, to detect any nearby foes.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Underway at Last
Posted on 11/4/2005 at 2:32:12 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally on the move being back in action helps clear Ulthoks mind from some of the negitive thoughts he was having back in the room where he almosted died.Alasdiar was firmly in control of the party and the whole group was acting as one again.

Leading the group through the illusion and into a narrow but tall hallway Ulthok uses all his skills as he leads the party forward.At one point he finds blood on the floor from someone fleeing and a little farther on he finds the weapon that had caused that blood.Their new companion Magmas Ax.

Continuing on he suddenly finds himself back in the larger tunnels proper as if teleported there looking back he can see the others as the seem to emerage from a solid wall another illusion over a doorway.He wonders how many of these illusuonary doorways there are hidden amongest these halls.

Once they are all out in the hall they are facing another choice three ways lay before them.They want to find the prison cells and the way out.The only referance they have is they can hear a pounding comming from the east, which they are assumming is the sound of the monsters trying to batter down the iron door to the room they just left.Alasdiar instructs Af'till and himself to lead the party in that direction.Falling back into marching order Ulthok moves out in the given direction carfullywatching their surroundings for any possable danger as they move closer towards the banging noise.

Jinxsa~
Resident
Posts: 98
Reply | Edit

walkin down a long hall~nice tune
Posted on 11/7/2005 at 4:18:38 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haila half listened to the constant running byplay of Niamedris explaining how he saved everyone's life. Repetedly and often. Still if what was said was true she realized he deserved the right to brag. After the third telling in about as many minutes she wanted to lean over and ask if that was possibly true. Just in time she recalled she was the only one who could hear the cat. Sometimes it was a bit of a pain, other times she was greatful. Even a cat may look at a king, but if he said what he was thinking he'ed be headless.

"Look," She said is a hushed tone, "some stone corridor...and it leading to some....hmm...could it be...yep...more stone corridor...a sight to behold in that it looks like every other piece of this place. Hey that bit of corridor was fake, you don't see that everyday, wait you might but just not know it.. Now there is a bit of healthy paranoia. "

They came upon a break in the never ending mass of tunnels, where it split into 3. Krelis was no doubt fleeing for the outside.As Niamedris launched into the tale (for the 6th unenclosed time!)Haila had him step forward slightly into each tunnel and try to pick up the scent. If the cat had sprayed there would be much scent for the feline to pick up. When Niamedris had reached a decision she took out her small writing case and marked the floor of the tunnel they came from and the tunnel Niamedris smelled Krelis's trail. With That she followed the others.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

late again
Posted on 11/8/2005 at 1:39:24 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I thank you for this!” Magma exclaims, feeling the heft of the new axe. He holds it up in the air solemnly before declaring, “I shall call her – Sallie. Her and Nellie, when I get her back will be a good pair.”

At the branching of the passages Magma examines the cave walls and floor to see if there are any signs of sloping or construction. Otherwise, he is more than willing to take the direction of another person, otherwise he would merely follow his noise.


Posted on 2006-10-02 at 15:43:29.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


A Room Sought

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Room Sought
Posted on 11/8/2005 at 7:57:31 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The party free of battle and for the moment pursuit found themselves at a crossroads of sorts but without a moments thought Alasdair did a way so pick. Down the West passage they would go.

Alasdair using his last PSP’s was able to Detect Life to the West and lots of it, but was it of those yet in prison was unknown. Having no way to know who or what he sought all life did he sense. Yet without hesitation toward the sound of banging the party did go.

The Tunnel to the West was a straight shot 100 yards in length, ending at another wooden door like so many before it. Ulthok yet in the lead per marching order, a quick through check he did give it declaring it trap free and unlocked. From the louder sounds of the banging coming threw from behind it, the Halfling thief knew into a room it did not lead. A small crack he did open it and before him a new tunnel awaited.

Yet the halfling knew that new it was not, the party having traveled this way before for 30 feet beyond the door a second tunnel to the South did go branching off from this yet Westward one.
Moving quickly with a word to the rest to wait, the door now open he moved to the Southward branch and to his ears clear it was the banging from that direction did come. Searching he spotted 40 feet to the West a very familiar South facing door, the one stated by Alasdair as that of the prison. Success!!, for they had by luck found the right tunnel to lead them here.

Signaling the party forward with no words his skills once again employed he made of the door lock quick work. In his excited yet alert state he did into the room give a quick look and saw other then a few cells two of which it seemed where occupied no guards were in evidence.
Standing back he once again with out words signaled an all clear and allowed the rest of the party to enter as such. Then following behind as last one in, the lock he did relock as to cover their entrance. As the party settled by the door as guard for the moment he did wait.

A small lantern in the room a bit of light it did give, yet enough for the party to see that in a medium sized room they were in 50’ by 90’ the dimensions as such.
Along the South wall running East to West were 5 10x10 gated and bared cells only 2 of which were clearly occupied.

In the second of the 5 cells chained to a bunk was a women her mouth gagged her eyes wide at the sight of the party, mayhap in hope or fear the look was as yet hard to read. Her clothing ragged and torn yet no wounds to be seen. Muffled sounds clearly heard behind the gag.

Next to her in cell #3 was an unexpected sight, a human looking Giant !!, chained and hanging from the wall his clothing of hide torn and faded with many a wound visible upon his 10 and a half foot tall body.
To the party’s surprise his mouth too was gagged and his eyes did not show fear but that as if sizing the party up.
To the party’s continuing surprise unlike most Giants encountered before, his eyes did intelligent appear as the Giant did calmly it seemed await the party’s next move....

The prison room once sought, now found, a party sought by enemies for the moment free. A solid wooden door and a most unlikely place a possible safe haven to mayhap rest and recover. Two prisoners to free or not as the case was soon to be seen. For now no danger as yet near.....

OOC: Ok good guess on the Westward tunnel made my job getting you here that much easier. Next post as norm on Mon-Tues.

And to Mottle a personal welcome home.


Posted on 2006-10-02 at 15:44:24.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


92

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Wink
Posted on 11/8/2005 at 9:08:08 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson unable to speak looks at the party. Sizing them up.. or is that down. They were so tiny he thought. As the party stares he flexes the chains a bit to show what a well defined muscle structure looks like.

OOc: Was longer but was informed winking is not allowed.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Hello, don't wave your hands are tied
Posted on 11/9/2005 at 6:11:14 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall saw the large beast flex his arms, “Keep an eye on the big fellow; I’m not to sure about those chains.” He then moved to the second cell and motioned to Uthlok to start on the lock. He looks at the lady chained to the wall and in a quiet calming voice, “Shhhh, we are here to give aid. As soon as my friend here gets the door open we will get that gag out of your mouth so that you may have something cool to drink. Then we will all get out of here.” The whole time Conall spoke his eyes watched hers to see if they would give any sign of betrayal. If all seemed well he would not stop Uthlok but the moment things do not seem right he will stop Uthlok with a slight tap on the shoulder.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

look! I posted early!
Posted on 11/9/2005 at 11:53:44 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma looks over his shoulder to make sure that Gromit is taking a rear watch position as they check out the prisoners. The giant intrigues him, as his presence here seems so obvious a trap. The expression on the captives face tells Magma that he is aware of his image and position and is willing to wait them out.

“Well shim my shanks,” Magma says to the large man, “A giant tied up as a prisoner? You look more out of place here than any.” The dwarf holds Simon in one hand, holding it low so as to not branish it as a threat, but show it is there as a caution.

“They grow them big where you come from, that be the truth. So what is your story?” The dwarf asks reaching up to pull the gag off the man.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Prisoners Freed
Posted on 11/9/2005 at 4:58:35 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Uthlok, me friend... ye did well in leading us directly to where we needed to be," proclaimed Alasdair with a smile. "Yer pathfinding abilities do ye credit," he continued. Looking at the two prisoners, he was alittle confused for he had expected more to be held in these cells. Better to have been able to rescue two, than none at all he mused. Carefully laying down the bundle of possessions wrapped in a cloak, he ventured "Looks like we've rescued another Lass in distress." Then to both he said, "I am Alasdair MacKenzie of Shanntara, sent here by King Uthgar of Shanntara to rescue yonder Lady Althena Sunblayze and we will not harm you," finishes Alasdair while pointing to Lady Althena.

To the others, "I tend to think that the inhabitants here will not just let us walk freely from these tunnels. With some still injured (looking to Brother Cor and the newly freed woman before them) I suggest that we take a quick break and secure the doors to this room and rest. We can surely use the time to heal, learn about our newly freed "friends", and try to arm them the best that we can from our spare equipment. Any objections?" he asks, looking about the faces of his comrades hoping that they would speak their minds if the had a better plan. For while resting here was a risk, continuing onward in their condition bordered on folly. To the big brute of a man before him, "Are ye indeed a giant or just grown big as Magma has suggested?," says Alasdair with a broad grin and a soft chuckle.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

yes!!!!!!!! Rid of the gag!
Posted on 11/10/2005 at 2:29:28 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She turns her head and spits the rag across the room while rubbing the chafe marks on her wrists and trying hard not to think about the Possible origions of the "gag." Good enough that it was gone! She trys to extend thanks, but but her mouth is dry and what comes out is a very undignified garble.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Samson, at ya service
Posted on 11/10/2005 at 4:59:45 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the rag is removed he nods his thanks and works on bringing up a little flem to wet his windpipe.

He then says, "Excuse me, needed to wet the pipe. So nice of you to come along. These were the worst jailers I could ever imagine. You think water at least should be offered. I'll have to pay them back for thier courtesy. (to the dwarf) I my friend am a Firbolg. As for how I got here I grew up in a village far from here. I knew I was different from the others. I developed mage powers. The powers of a Shaman. Problem was the tribe had a Shaman and only one can be in a tribe at a time. So they made me leave and prove himself. When I am ready I can go back and challange the current one if desired for his position. So out I went out and was doing ok. Then by the luck of the Gods I met Cynil there and friends we became. Then while traveling we were surprised by the lowlife scum that brought us here. For whatever reason I have no idea. I do thank you for our release and shall help you in escaping from these infernal tunnels if you will let me. My name is Samson Skullcrusher ar your service."

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

oops - forgot something
Posted on 11/10/2005 at 12:10:13 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma reaches into his pack to pull out an oversized wooden tankard, carved with a scene of two warriors sharing an oath cup in the middle of a bar room brawl. He pours some water into the tankard from his wineskin and sips from it as the two freed prisoners are speaking.

OOC: Al, you know what the cup does. Anyone else, it is on the posted character sheet. Once Magma is feeling safe about the two new persons, he will quickly offer them some water from his wineskin.


Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Waiting game
Posted on 11/14/2005 at 4:58:45 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He said all he could think of and awaits what happens.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Drink, food and rest?
Posted on 11/14/2005 at 10:05:18 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Shhh, do not make speech yet. Here please take this,” Conall retrieves his water skin and hands it to Cynil, “It is not cool but it is wet and alas all I have to offer please take of it what you need.”

Conall waits for her to finish before he continues. “Well Lady Cynil is it? That is what the large gentleman said your name was.” A quick nod at Samson, to show apology for his first comment as he entered the room and a greeting. “It seems we will be your guest for a while, so you keep this and I will see what food we may have for you and the good Samson.” Conall then removes his cloak and wraps it around the Lady Cynil.

After some rummaging in the back-pack he finds what he is looking for, some food rations. Handing it out to Cynil and Samson, “So Firbolg? Tis a strange name for a strange people, perhaps when we get free from these infernal caves you and I will break bread, drink wine and you can tell me more of your home, for I too had to leave home but for different reasons.” Conall then realized he was rambling on, “Well,” a smile on his face “that will be for another time when we get from this place.”

Conall stands and looks at Alasdair, “I will see to the guarding of the door if you have no need for me. If you find a reason give word for that is where I will be.” If Alasdair has nothing Conall will see to the door.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

bad and the good, good and the bad
Posted on 11/14/2005 at 11:23:46 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we enter the room of prison cage’s I move and stand off to the side.

A few rush immediately to the aid of the captives, one a very large creature, resembles the creature that destroyed my home and family so many years ago, and the other an elf looking creature looks more woodsy then most (more in tune with nature.) As the others are tending to them, my hatred for the giant prevents me from offering any help to them directly for fear of what I might do to him. As such I will search the room and the other cells for anything, totally not paying attention to them as the others play nurse to the enslaved. I will look for the Keys to these cells for they might have the entire key set to any other cells in this accursed hellhole of a lair, which would greatly reduce the time needed by our thief to pick every lock in this place especially if each prisoner is locked up. I will look for any clue on what others may have inhabited this place and where the guard store items they have secured, from one prisoner to another.


Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Homelands
Posted on 11/14/2005 at 6:20:37 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies, "Tell ya what, you free me and my friend and we will help you get out of these caves. I owe the owners of these caves a few smashed faces for their wonderful hotel services and abductions. Once that is done we can chat about whatever tickles your fancy. I can tell by the look of some of your companions faces the do not trust me or my kind. Let me free and I'll prove that opinion wrong for a book should not be judged by its cover. A famous man said once, 'What makes a man? Is it time that makes a man or the action of that man who make the man."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

New Friends and a time for rest
Posted on 11/14/2005 at 10:40:12 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well spoken Samson, for I would say that the actions should speak loudly for the man, would ye not agree Lady Haila," jests Alasdair, seeing that some light hearted banter was needed. To Conall he turns, "Ye shall always be in need among friends and brethen in arms. However, ye were right to signal that a watch was needed."

"Seems that in time Lady's Althena and Cynil will have alot to say about returning the hospitality of their capturers. Me thinks that Samson, will indeed get his chance at justice," comments Alasdair. To the others he looks, then quietly stoops down and unrolls the cloak, thus revealing the possession carried within. Upon doing so, he then pulls a few more trinkets from his pouch and lays them onto the cloak as well. "I think these might do well for a start. Both Lady Cynil and Samson look like they need equipment. These items belonged to cherished friends and it would do them a great honor to see these items used to defeat the cleric Krelis and his minions," he says is a quiet and somewhat more somber mood.

With that Alasdair moves off towards the other cells, double checking that all are empty. Thus satisfying himself, he heads to the doors where Conall had taken up watch. "Go my friend, relax with the others. I shall take first watch, please remind our spell casters that rest and the possible identification of some of our found magical items is our primary focus before we venture forth from this relative safe haven," says Alasdair quietly, knowing that sound carries all too easily in these tunnels.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Gratitude
Posted on 11/15/2005 at 3:00:55 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cynil takes a deep pull from the skin and runs the water around her mouth before swallowing to answer the paladin. Brushing a lock of greenish silver hair out of her emerald eyes she notes a fellow elf enter the room, stop at the sight of Samson then turn to examine the room. She is not sure but there may have been a flash of malevolence or hostility in his eyes.


She turns her attention to the paladin now draping his cloak around her.


"Many thanks to thee for thy kindness milord, indeed my name is Cynil Shadowtread. Myself and my large companion Samson here were on an educational pilgrimage when we ran afoul of the somewhat less than gracious hosts you freed us from the embrace of. I thank thee again for that boon as I doubt we would have remained robust for long in their rude hospitality"

She grins at the paladin quickly then returns to surveying the rather oddly assorted rescue team. Humans, dwarves, halflings and elves oh my.

No rescue from home this, besides they told none of anything but the general direction in which they travelled, it was unlikely anyone even knew they were in trouble yet. So this group was here for some other reason....... a reason important enough for such a small group to fight their way so deep into roots of this stronghold against almost insurmountable odds. Her nose twitched briefly as excitement flashed in her eyes, artifact?! Surely for a high ranking kidnap victim the team would be larger and less eclectic.... unless quick and quiet extraction or assasination, entirely possible considering the one glimpse she'd had of her "host."

She turned to the paladin again, gratefully accepting the ration.

"I suppose naught is to be found of our bags or equipment? I wouldst suspect not as the last we saw of it the guards were dicing over them."


Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Sleep or not to Sleep is that a question?
Posted on 11/15/2005 at 1:52:38 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After leaving through the hidden door they had made their way quite accuratly right back to where they wanted to be.Finding the prison cells Ulthok does his work and in no time they are all inside the cells.He closes and relocks the door behind them.Maybe they might be able to use this place as a rest stop.

At first finding only two captives he is rather surprised.Ayoung lady in one cell and a giant of sorts in another.Everyone jumps to help them so Ulthok holds back.Watching as the events unfold in front of him he finds out the names of the captives and that they where traveling togeather when taken.

From the sounds of it seems that they are going to try to bed down here and get some rest that is great if they can pull it off.Ulthok moves up to speak with Alaisdair about their intentions.


Alasidair good friend I do agree we should take rest here it may be our best and only chance to recoup.I am afraid however that I will be usless to help keep a watch if I am to try to get enough rest to recoup my spells.As I do this I wonder if there is any thing you feel may be important for me to be ready to do?


Pulling Alasdiar into a cornor where he can speak to him quitely without being heard he has an idea he would like to run by their new leader.
Sir Alasdiar since our main goal upon taking this mission was to rescue the Lady Sunblaze I think it would be to all our advantage to remove her from these caves and back to the King as fast as we can.As long as she is here with us she is in danger and our mission is not complete.I have an idea that will get her home and out of danger way before we are.If we get enough rest for me to get all my spells back I can then teleport myself and the lady Sunblaze back to the king in a wink of an eye.Now she may not want to feeling she owes these monsters some payback but I think we must not let her make that choice right now.her safty is all that matters.Once back to the king she is free to do as he will let her.Then once back I can raise a few warriors and with the help of the Pegasi riders bring back some reinforcements.I am not sure of the distance involved but we made the trip in one day before, so I think that should be about right not much longer.Now please don't think I bring this up as a way to remove myself from the danger here, I only want to see our mission complete.I shall return even if I have to come back alone, I will never leave my friends to battle without me.Tell me good friend what do you think?
Once finished speaking with their new leader and lying out his plan Ulthok searches out Cor for two reasons.One to get his blessing for his idea to see if he agrees that getting Sunblaze out now is what they should do.Second he feels the need for a good pull on the dwarves excellent drink.Finding Cor Ulthok reaches out and placing his hand on the clerics shoulder.My dear friend I do wish there was something this little halfling could do for you, but alas I do wish to speak with you about a important matter as well as get a long pull on your fine drink.If offered he will take a good long drink which will end with him gasping for breath from the firey liquid.Oh oh yes that cleared my head thank you friend.Now down to business.I have laid an idea at Alasdiars feet that could get the Lady Sunblaze out of these caves and back to safty and to the king before the rest of the party.Since that is what we had been sent to do.If I can get enough rest while we hide here and can replenish my spells I could take the Lady Sunblaze along with myself and teleport her right to the king.She would then be out of danger our intial mission would be complete and we could then do what we want with the rest of the evil now in this cave.Once I have her in the kings custody I will return with more warriors if the king allows and I can raise them, or at very least will return myself either with the kings help on a pegasi or if I must alone in the same manner i left.Either way i believe I should be back in no more than one but less than two suns.This finishes our mission and unties our hands as to what we want to do next.I am asking for your guidance and blessing if I am to undertake this.Of course it all hinges on being able to get the required rest needed.Taking one more drink of the firey drink Ulthok hands it back to Cor.

Anyway while Alasdair and you deceide if my idea has any merit I shall be in the cell next to the giant Samson and shall be attempting to prepare my spells and to sleep.I thank you for your ear.

With that Ulthok goes to the next cell and if it is open goes in if not he will use his thief skills to check it out and open it.Once inside he plops down on the hard cell bed and retrieves his spell book from his pack.He will quickly go through and pick out what he wants to memorize.If all stays quite he spends the next hour doing just that and then after putting everything away with his precious Idreanl at his side the mage goes to sleep.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

New Ideas
Posted on 11/15/2005 at 5:12:19 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My dear Ulthok, I myself have already asked such of the group. Having said that your plan does have merit and ye shall indeed not stand watch. Either way it is important for all of our spell casters to get the rest that they need," finished Alasdair.

As Ulthok walks over to Brother Cor, Alasdair thinks on what he has said and ponders. He then quickly motions for everyone's attention... "Lady Cynil and Samson, is there anything that you can tell us of your stay here and what you've seen? Also, our dear Ulthok has suggested that he teleport himself and Lady Althena from these tunnels. Our mission was the safe rescue and return of the Lady Althena. I think that it would enable us to focus on our ability to fight our way out of these halls if she were not here. So unless someone gives a really good reason not to use Ulthok's idea, I am inclined to approver his idea and get her out of here and hope that Ulthok can indeed return with possible reinforcements," says Alasdair.

He carefully looks at each member of their group seeking to make eye contact and to show that he does want and value their opinions. For though he may lead, he knows that he leads by their consent and that his voice was not that of a tryant, as such he would not dictate to them. A good leader knew when to seek the advise and counsel of those he led, especially with everyones' lives at stake.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

Guard duty
Posted on 11/15/2005 at 5:14:11 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma was pleased to see the prisoners seemed to be okay and trustworthy. Not that he would abandon caution, but being a dwarf, he was always cautious. But this party was tired and needed rest badly, he could see that in their stride and their posture.

"Gromit and I will take watch while you people rest, as I offered before." Magma says in a matter of fact tone. "Wallack as well if Cor is gonna rest."

Magma offers his waterskin to the lady and then to the giant. To Samson he asks with smile, "Skullcrusher you say? Good Dwarven name. Any connection to the southern Skullbeaters?"


Posted on 2006-10-02 at 15:48:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


A Time to Finally Rest

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Time to Finally Rest
Posted on 11/16/2005 at 5:20:03 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A party started of 9, reduced to 6 but now with the rescue of 2 up to 11 numbers, hard to hide in stealth, yet welcome in a fight. The party dominated in number by 4 dwarves, 3 Humans and 2 Elf’s, a Halfling and 1 Giant. Power in muscle, fighting ability, and now once again magic.
But would the 11 of them have power in number.....

The Party had found Althena, they had been again lucky to once again locate and free 2 prisoners held within these cells. They needed rest, for the mages and clerics spells were needed for the others just a chance to mayhap sleep for a few hours. For all in the party knew be they Man, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling or Giant that getting back out safely was going to be harder then it had getting in. The whole of these tunnels now aware of them and what they had taken.

The party did not waste any time releasing the 2 captives even if at first two members thought one to be a enemy. The first due to not having sight did not at first release this 'Giant' was no enemy but was truly a friend.
The second due to his past harbored a dislike bordering on hate and only time would tell if it would change or in the end hinder the party’s harmony.
To try and hide his feelings, the cell room the Ranger/Cleric did search finding nothing of interest and no gear that may have belong once to the captives.

Introductions made and the rescuers told that both Giant and Lady were unconscious at the time of their arrival and as such had no relevant info and Magma having found no lies to each of the two’s story’s, were accepted and with that two new members joined the party.
Ulthok the party’s only thief then approached Alasdair with the idea of teleporting at least himself and the Lady Althena to safety, his return assured alone or with help. But when the idea by Alasdair was brought forth, for some reason known only to herself the Lady Althena refused!!. Looking to the Cavalier/Psionist a look of pleading in her eyes she made it plain without any words the choice in the end was his but she so wanted to stay.

But for now a decision would have to wait as the party as one proceeded to finally rest and relax as much as they could, guards posted and places chosen a guard rotation picked. Having not the time for a true nights rest Af’til once again offered his spell of NAP which was happily taken by all that needed rest and more importantly spells. Magma and his fighters, baring Wallack, on watch as only fighters they were the rest of the party including Althena and Cynil, at sleep.

One hour later all were rested with spells rememorized or prayed for and for Alasdair his PSP's at full. Then with word from Magma that the pounding of the ram from Krelis’s chamber was still ongoing, it was a good sign that thier escape as yet was unknown. A party now numbering 11 was ready to depart, yet due to the hours rest no one had suggested a way to make it to the surface, and mayhap safety and an increase in numbers by rejoining with the Pegasi troopers awaiting them above ground.

Clear it was to all unspoken that with the ram yet pounding at Krelis’s chamber door that the enemy was unaware of their escape. As such they had not come to check the prison cells as thier priority was as yet to gain entrance there. But surely someone or something everyone in the party knew would surely come to check on it soon. A decision on whether to teleport Althena to safety despite her desire to stay also in Alasdair and the party’s hands. Right or wrong a choice would need to be made now.
Time once again of the essence the party needed a way to go all aware male and female both that yet once again the clock was ticking....

(OOC:OK everyone except, Alacrity, I need your lists of spells as soon as possible so I can redo the characters before you head out of the cell area. I would like to be able to do that but I know some of you will be slow but just get them to me as Real Life allows ok thanks for the good posts everyone.
Tinder sorry I could not reach you or you me did you get my new number.??
I wanted you to post again your willingness to cast NAP but since we could not talk I went ahead and cast NAP anyway as it was the only way for the party to recover spells. But I did not remove it as such from your spell list till you give me your next update and the NAPx2 is not on the new spell list.
Now a word to everyone, yet again I reiterate this to you guys and lady's YOU need to distribute the gear Alasdair is somehow carrying, I will not do this for you, be it in game or in the Q/A of game it matters not. If it does not get done it will affect him next combat.
Also you guys need to tell me in Q/A what items your going to try to ID magically and put a post in the game saying your doing so. Lastly I need to know what items if any from the ID’d items and from dead characters you are going outfit the two new party members with. Remember they have no gear, armor or weapons and you will find nothing from their old things as it was all taken by the guards. As for Samson's spells unless someone offers to share the contents of thier spellbook he will have none till he can regain a spellbook of his own. Your call. Ok next post as norm Mon-Tues.)

2nd OOC: Ok as the NAP only took 1 hour instead of 4 I have edited my post in regard to the last 2 paragraphs.


Posted on 2006-10-02 at 15:51:05.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


92

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Birth, work, sleep ...
Posted on 11/16/2005 at 10:42:42 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall walks back to the rear guard and the door. “Well it seems we have a moment of peace. My name is Conall Glendower, thank you for your arrival back there is was greatly needed.” With that said Conall offers Gromit a draw from his water skin and then sits quietly for a bit.

It was then he was relieved from his guard duties. “Thank you; I will go find what rest I can.” Conall moves back to the bulk of the group and finds Cor. “Well nothing but a short rest bit and then some vespers and we will be ready to travel once more, me with my sanity and you with your sight.” Conall finds a soft spot on the floor and a good wall to put his back on as the magic takes hold of him he finds sleep quickly.

One hour later Conall awakes fully refreshed although a little stiff from his well needed nap. Conall moves over to Cor, “Come Cor allow me to set things up for the morning vespers it might be the last time I can set things up with out you watching over me like a hawk. As he pulled things out of the bag he smiled at Cor who seemed to be listening as though he could tell if something was not place right by smell, “I have not yet little the smelly sticks.” Conall says with a chuckle as he continues with the task at hand. As things are ready he guilds Cor over to his spot and then Conall takes his own position and taking a knee he places his shield at his side and removes a small holly amulet from around his neck and all is ready for vespers.

When vespers were had and studying done Conall retrieves a wand of some unknown arcane power and hands it to the one who will be identifying. The items who’s secretes are yet untold should be revealed soon.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

A Time to Go Separate Paths
Posted on 11/17/2005 at 4:59:32 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My Lady," began Alasdair while looking at lady Althena, "your safety is of the utmost importance. We would all be freer to act and re-act if we knew that you were already safe. If you care for our safety, then you knew that Ulthok's plan present the best chance for us all to survive." Looking to the others to gauge their oun thoughts and views of this plan he continued, "Ulthok, I would like you to take Lady Althena out of here and re-join the Pegasi troopers above. Make sure that she is safely transferred into their care and then with as much help as possible seek to create a distraction top-side which will draw off some of the attention from us. Are you able to teleport more to the surface than yourself and the Lady? If so, take Brother Cor with you unless we have the ability to cure his blindness before we leave this room. Hmmm," he muses "more importantly can you cast your spell twice? Once there and then back again? If that be possible, then getting Lady Althena to safety and returning to rejoin us would then be possible."

"My dear friend," putting a hand gently on Cor's shoulder, "I know you would never leave your friends in such a mess, but if yer sight can not be healed, then I think it might be safer if we got you from here quickly. If not with Ulthok, then ye shall continue to travel in the middle of our group with Wallack as yer guide."

To Af'Til he then turns, "We will be trusting in your Ranger's tracking instincts to lead us from here. Seek the quickly route from these halls and let me know if you have trouble remembering the paths that we have choosen since entering the tunnels, for I may be able to help you. Magma and Gromit will go with you in the front of the party, with Conall and myself next. Lady's Haila and Cynil next with Brother Cor and Wallack following and Samson taking rear guard," finishes Alasdair with a chuckle. To Samson he says, "From yer vantage point you'll still see what's in front of the group before most of us. But your height would be a disadvantage to us all if you were in front, no offense met for we are trusting you with our rear defense," he comments with a quick look to Af'Til.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Plans
Posted on 11/18/2005 at 12:14:50 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says, "Thank you all for releasing us. If we are resting for a return trip then I think I can help lots my praying for new magic if I may?"

He will then say, "Where do you want to rest Cynil?"

If she picks a spot he'll hang out with the only other humanoid he ever knew and pray for his magic.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Other things to tend to...
Posted on 11/20/2005 at 5:33:42 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking to everyone, "Now would be a good time to complete the division of party treasures and the adequate equiping of our new friends." To the mages he says, "Please perpare yourselves to identy the items which have been found. These items may improve our chances to escape these halls and perhaps enabling us to bring further chaos into Krelis domain," chuckles Alasdair with wry amusement.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

In time
Posted on 11/20/2005 at 6:16:15 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says, "Identify in time, now I need rest and prayer of no spells will come to me. I think I'd like to stay outside the celll to rest. I spent too much time in one already. How about yor Cynil?"

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Indeed Samson anywhere but a cell
Posted on 11/21/2005 at 1:34:25 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us find a quiet corner if there be one, I would like to look at and clean some of your wounds if you would permit, and if the kindly paladin may be pursuaded to part with a bit more of his water. When we get topside I will be able to tend thee better. Although if a watch need be kept, we have not fought recently.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

pre nap spells
Posted on 11/21/2005 at 4:51:55 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before i cast nap on everybody i will like to examine Cor and his new found blindness. Look to see if it was magiclly induce or was cause by blunt force to the head. If it was cause by magical effect of the "Nightbring" Mace I will try to cast a Dispell magic on Cors eyes to see if it removes the curse of blackness. If trama induce then he will have to wait till after the nap to regain his sight.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

This way my dear
Posted on 11/21/2005 at 6:49:13 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson nods, "This way." He takes a secure looking corner and cleans away as much dirt as possible. If the group has any spare blankets he lays it down neatly so Cynil don't have to sit on a dirty floor. He makes the nicest possible sleeping area for them then sits down to pray for his magic.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Direct to the King I will go!
Posted on 11/22/2005 at 1:52:10 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After waking from the nap spell Ulthok feels quite refreashed and finds himself to be in a much better frame of mind.Gone at least for now are the negitive feelings he had been harboring since the fight with Krelis and the lose of two more comrades.

He knows there is still much to do before they make their next move, they need to outfit their two new comrades and try to identify some of the found items they have.Ulthok himself can't help in that area for identify is not one of his spells.He does however want to grab for himself some of the items Alasdair is carrying from Flit and Hawk.
Going over to their new leader he makes a request for some of the items for his own use.As we prepare to move out I would like to request that I be able to aquire a few items that you now carry from our two fallen friends.Of course I leave this up to all but here is my request.I would like to obtain 25 of the +3 flight arrows as my own.I am also one who uses his daggers often and see there are several magical ones so I would like to trade my four regular daggers for the four of the +3 daggers that there are, as well as the two +1 throwing daggers as I am very adapt at throwing.Finally if there is no objection I would like to be slightly greedy and ask for the +2 ring of protection.Since I use no ring or other type of magical protection outside my body suit and my boots I beleive i can use the ring to lower my AC..This is my request as always I will abide by what the groups thinks.
After making his request for the items he would like he makes a point of going over to the giant that has joined them to introduce himself.As the 3ft 4in Ulthok looks up at the 101/2 foot tall Samson there is something about the giant that seems to draw the halfling to him.For some reason he feels that Samson and himself will become fast friends.Looking up to the giant he speaks .I hope you found the nap to be refreashing as I did.My name is Ulthok and I am the parties one rouge and I am also a mage.I am sorry I did not greet you at first but we had just come from a rather bad fight where we lost two friends and I was not acting myself.I am glad to have you and your friend to fight this evil at our side.We are a tight group and we fight well togeather and welcome any who may add to our stregnth.I am sure we will have time latter to get to know each other better but now you should talk with our leader Alasdair and get yourself and the girl outfitted for we do carry much extra weapons and such that maybe usefull to you two.
Returning once again to their leader he needs to clarify exactly what it is he wants him to do as far as teleporting the Lady and to where they want him to go.Calling out to Alasdairhe asks:Alasdair sir as the two new members outfit themselves and we have some of the items identified I would like to have a party discussion rather quickly about my teleportation trip.Turning about so as to somewhat face the full group as each does what they need to Ulthok will ask of them what they feel he should do.

As I prepare to take the Lady Sunblaze to safty a couple of questions croped up to me.I for some reason had forgotten that the Pegasi troopers where waiting for us just outside the cave enterance.Is that true?In my orignial idea I planned on teleporting myself and the lady directly to the king and personally handing her over to him.If we hand her to the Pegasi troopers, and don't get me wrong ,she is still not to the King and as far as I am concerned our mission is not complete I personally would feel much better if I handed her directly to the King.

This is what I intend to do.There is no difference in the time frame.Then I hoped the king would send to these caves a full assult group it is my feelings that we need to nip whatever Krelis and his cronies have planned here and now if we can.I myself will return to the party but can show the King where we are and his group could start an assult from the front door.While I am doing that maybe one of the other mages who can teleport could go out front to the Pegasi troopers to ask for their help in creating a diverson, or probally at least tell them of the plan and to be on the lookout for the Kings men who will be coming to help.Please anyone who feels this plan is in anyway flawed or bad speak up and lets get it worked out fast so we can get underway.
Ulthok gets off of his soapbox (not literally) and while he waits for any discussion of his ideas will go talk with the Lady Sunblaze.
As he approaches her he will stop about three feet from her and bowing in respect addresses her.
My good Lady up untill now I have not properlly introduced myself to you even though I make plans about your future.My name is Ulthok Rydenham my family is from the Cormallion region of Trilogy.
I was sent by our King with these others for one purpose to return you to our King alive.That is why I am so adament about our current plan to teleport you to him while we have the chance.I want you to know I trully understand you feelings about not wanting to go and to want to pay back these demons for the pain and suffering they have caused you and the others around you.Once you are back with the King he may allow you to return with his advance war party I don't know but he feels that your safe return is of paramount importance right now and I will do his bidding as i have sworn to do.I thank you for understanding this and being coopertive with us.Kneeling in front of her he takes her hand and kisses it as he slowly backs away.
Ulthok is now all prepared for what he is to do next and is only waiting for his plan to be given the go ahead or for a different plan to be put forward.He also waits to see if he can add the equiptment he asked for to his inventory.Finally one last thing for now he will retrive another bottle of extra healing potion from his pack and drink it all down he is still low on hit points.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Decisions to be made...
Posted on 11/22/2005 at 6:31:36 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ulthok my friend, I would also like to see Lady Althena taken directly to the King for her own safety. I merely suggested the Pegasi Troopers above as I was uncertain of the distance that you could teleport yerself and the Lady," clarified Alasdair. "If ye can indeed make it there and back then off with you two and get it done. We should expect you back before our two new friends having armed themselves. Unless they need the items you've requested more than yourself I have no objections at all in what you or the others take. Greed and self-service shall not be viewed well though by myself of our noble Paladin," indicating Conall as he speaks, "So let the others state what they might want as well before claiming anything. So to the mages get on with the idenfication of the items so that they can be taken by whom they would most benefit," jests Alasdair in a somewhat more somber tone as he bends down and begins opening the 5 sacks, for which he was uncertain for what they contained.

"Our time here in these cells must conclude quickly, lest we do indeed find ourselves their permanenet guests. So, the plan is Ulthok will take Lady Althena to the King and get himself and any aid which the King is able to send, back here 'yesterday' and the items will be identified and claimed. We move our of here healed, rested, well armed, and with spells prayed for and/or memorized in the same marching order as before. Now having said that, is anyone able to cure Brother Cor's blindness before we leave? If so, then Cor and Magma will take point along with our ranger. Wallack and Gromit, ye should both join Samson in the rear. Any questions?"

Looking himself over "Hmm, I'd rather save my psionic powers for other uses, would anyone have an extra healing potion to spare or perhaps a healing spell?," quietly asks Alasdair.

Off to the side he motions for Ulthok to join him, "Take her to the King directly, make sure that she is completely safe before ye return or ye shall have an unpleasant Cavalier to answer to," jests Alasdair. "I know not the importance of the Lady to the King, but like you, we have all sworn to see her safely returned. If you have the ability to take her directly there then take what possessions your require, without hurting our own chances, and leave quickly. The quicker the better so that you may return and we might all leave this place. If the King can not send aid with you then return at once, for we can not stay here long. Returning here after we've already left, would not bode well for your own chances of survival."


Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

messege of thought
Posted on 11/22/2005 at 8:27:51 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voice up after hearding Cor statment, voice my opinion to those that around me.
“For the safety of the dear lady I would agree with Cor that the group need to stick together. Beside who known what traps these hollow hall might hide for those that dare to leave before there task is done. This place is of magic and magic of evil to be that. I have been to places that hold strange powers and one was that it reroute any type of teleportation to a dungeon cell with no normal doors. This place is full of illusion and hidden magic. We have already been mass transported into the Main hall where Krelis proceced to try and charm our hearts leading to our very death. We have killed a dragon that had no way to get into the room it was in. The wall are not natural and foreign in nature I believe it would be safer to travel the way we came for we know the route and traps have already been found. When Ulthok Teleport we would have no way to known what has happen until he return safety to us in this dark and forbidden place, if he able to return. And I believe there a chance, a small be that, but still a chance teleportation to go arye and in fact hurt the lady, if my mentor stories hold any truth to them.”
Turning to the lady I ask why she does want to be teleported since no one else has “Sorry my lady but what are your feeling about staying with us. I know you didn’t want to leave by teleportation, is there any reason why?” Some in group believe she want to stay for revenge but there might be a reason she does want to leave that way.

Who knows why?

After that will approach Dear lady Haila to remove the following items from my G.M.P and place them before her; 1 Robe, Staff, 2 Wands, A Bag of Dust,6 Potions,and 1 amulent) so that she can closely examine them before she idenifty them.
Walking back over to Lady Sunblaze i remove a single icy-blue rose from my homeland and ask the dear lady to kiss the rose and to forgive me for not being able releasing her from the torture rack sooner then i did. with that i will tend to her wounds more closily now for i am better equip to manage her condition. I will bandage and cast multiple spell on her, including Sacred Guardian. With a single petal plucked from the icy blue rose, i place on my tongue and started to hum the magical incantation while i place herb wrapings on her skin. I will also cast healing spell as needed as well. (you haven't put standard ratio of heal % with your new way of cast so i don't known which one i need to cast.)

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

David and Golith
Posted on 11/23/2005 at 4:22:48 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies to Ulthok, "No problem Ulthok, was a nice spell. Someday I may have to see if my god will grant one like that. A rogue and a mage, quite a carear you made. You must be the rage in home security. As for the greeting do not feel bad. Many attack first and ask questions later. We can chat more later for sure, we can talk about most things but I do not like to chat about my homeland, too many unpleasent memories."


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 01:39:58.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Homeward Bound at Last

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Homeward Bound at Last
Posted on 11/29/2005 at 7:25:28 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A party of 11 gathered together a tough choice yet ahead of them some for it some against the need to decide the issue at hand.
The issue of course being that of teleporting Althena to safety some like Ulthok and Alasdair for it some like Af’til and Cor against it.

THE PRISON ROOM

It seemed that the issue of who was right and who was wrong about teleporting Althena to safety would not be decided anytime soon the arguments though not hostile were strong by both sides, the rest of the party new and old saying nothing. But the issue was soon decided by the leader Alasdair, Althena even though she herself did not want to leave would be taken by Ulthok back to the King. Upon the Halfling’s return the remaining party members then numbering 10 would fight there way to the surface once again.

But first through the use of 2 Identify spells most of the mysterious magical items became known and were mysteries no more. Among these new items were also placed those once belonging to party members now dead their value with the finding of 2 new people so unarmed priceless. The group pondered who to get what and the clock began to tick but then as if by an unknown force each had decided on what they each could use and the Items did find new owners.

With this finally complete it was time and with a look from Alasdair did Ulthok begin his spell. In a burst of what could only be passion Althena did grab Alasdair and kissed him full on the lips making her feelings clearly known to all. Then in a moments heartbeat her and Ulthok were gone and Alasdair a little red in the face from Althena’s surprise show of feelings was left to once again lead.

THE KING’S CASTLE, CELEBRIMBOR

Ulthok with Althena beside him did appear in the King’s courtyard though he had aimed for the audience hall forgetting mayhap of its magical protection against teleportation’s. At once they found themselves surrounded by guards with swords and spears drawn.

"Hold your weapons I am the Halfling Ulthok Rydenham of the King’s special guard. I bring to the King his adopted daughter Althena Sunblayze I ask for a meeting with him so I may present her safely as I will not allow her from my side until she is within his sight."

Then as if by magic for surely it could be nothing else Ulthok yet with Althena at his side found himself within the audience chamber of King Maridynn who was seated before the halfling. Upon her first sight of him Althena did throw herself into his arms crying tears of joy to be home once more. Also standing in the room was the Kings first advisor the Wizard Rommeal who turned to Ulthok.

"Ulthok it is good to see you safe we had word from the Pegasus captain that you had entered caves most dangerous. Even now as we speak a large unit of men at arms with wizard support is on its way there to eradicate those who wish to bring terror and evil to Shanntara. But pray tell where are the rest of your party surely they be not dead. Clear it is that the Lady Drusilia has succeeded in the task of finding the lady Althena."

With that Ulthok begins the telling of the party’s trials in finding the lady now held in the King’s arms, the loss of so many including the lady Drusilia herself. The rise of a new leader, the Cavalier Alasdair who even now leads the survivors and newcomers to safety.

The loss of Taila and how at first her sister Haila was mistaken for her. But has since proved her worth time and again fully a member of the party now.
Lastly Ulthok tells of the meeting of the Evil Cleric Krelis and that of his master’s visage behind him.
It is here the King finally looks up from his joy at Althena’s return.

"Althena my long lived daughter is this true, has he really returned."

Upon her confirmation he stands turning to Rommeal a firm tone in his voice clearly allowing for no argument.

"Rommeal get them all back here now. Gather your enclave of wizards without delay and do what you must to return them here now."

Summoning another aide he gives another set of orders which Ulthok hears as the wizard Rommeal leads him away.

"Send to the marching troops that total extermination and destruction of these magical tunnels must be done and gain me the head of the Cleric Krelis I wish to send his Master a clear message."

BACK AT THE PRISON

The waiting for the rest of the party was murder, seconds seemed as minutes and minutes seemed as hours. No sign of Ulthok’s return had they, the time now almost thirty minutes in length.
Had the halfling made it out beyond these tunnels of magic or had his spell failed only to doom him and Althena to the mists of limbo and time. None could answer that true.

Potions of healing drank and a dwarf did his blindness cure yet still no sign of Ulthok was there.

Then came the moment all had known would surely come as 2 Half-Gnoll creatures did the prison room approach. Now Conall’s quick thinking did come into play as both Samson and Cynil back into their cells did go, Samson pretending to yet be restrained. The rest attempting to hide as best as possible awaited the entrance of the 2 and to spring their trap.

Once both had entered, Samson per Conall’s plan did seemingly break free of his bonds gaining and holding the Half-Gnolls attention long enough for the party as a whole descended upon them and luckily with the element of surprise took them out clean and quiet. The bodies placed in Cynil’s former cell.
The party knew that Ulthok or no Ulthok they would have no choice but to move soon.

It was as Alasdair made ready to move the party out from the prison room, that finally the halfling did appear. The halfling seemingly out of breath did hurriedly speak

"Quickly my friends join hands with me so that we may leave these tunnels and return by magic to the King’s court. His wizards await our joining."

Without any words all did join hands, Human, Elf, Dwarf and Giant all clasped together as one, did then notice the glow of a eagle shaped pendent upon the halflings breast. As they took this new piece of jewelry in they felt the magic around them grow strong touching them all and as if they never were they were now gone. Magical tunnels, Half-Gnolls, Fomorian Giants and the Wizard/Cleric Krelis left for the moment behind.

Only to find themselves seconds later as Ulthok had, in the courtyard of the Kings Castle surrounded by wizards and guards. It was here that the guards did act, though of a good alignment the giant Samson was yet a giant and none had ever set foot inside the walls of Celebrimbor let alone the castle of the King. Until the King and his guards were sure of the giants true intentions no chance were they willing to take.

Feeling a deep loyalty to her friend the druid Cynil did follow the giant into a new captivity even if hopefully for a short time.

The rest including Magma and his two dwarves were ushered and escorted into the audience chamber where only an hour earlier had Ulthok stood. Upon seeing the King with Althena yet by his side all did bow, this time realizing his lack of the same respect earlier, Ulthok too did bow.

"Arise champions of Shanntara and friends for there is no need to bow before me for in reality it is I who should bow to you in thanks."

Before anyone could stop or say a word the King did just that bowing to the party as a whole.

"My thanks once again to you all for now feel free to return to your rooms all but Alasdair, Conall and lord Magma I wish you three to stay."

Once the rest of the party had retreated to their rooms with Magma’s two dwarves waiting for him outside the chamber the King began to speak

"My Lord Magma I wish you to carry with you a message to your leader asking for his choice of one to enter into service with me and a group I shall be forming to under take the most important of missions.

I thank you for your help in rescuing my daughter and offer you a favor from me to be collected at your leisure. I give this pendent to you to give to your King so that on his choice of representative we may teleport him back here.

Please now rejoin your dwarves and through ESP my wizards will gain the location of your camp and teleport you home."

Again the King waited. Then turning to the 2 warriors before him one holy, one proud at first did not say anything after a few moments he gestured for all to sit and clasping his hands together did speak.

"With the death of the Lady Drusilia I am left with no court assigned leader to lead what is left of my original special guards who now only number 4, as such they will be disbanded and free to go their own way.

As I will be forming a new special guards unit again of 9 in number, I will need a new leader.
To you Lord Alasdair I offer this position it will mean an offer of your oath to me and only to me but if you agree to take it you will have only 1 week to find and recruit 6 members for it. They can be the survivors of the old Guards and the new friends made upon this quest or all together new, the choice is yours to make.
But be it known that of the other two positions, one of the them will be taken by the representative of the dwarvin King, the other by Althena’s new bodyguard as she will journey along with you."

Turning the King now faces Conall.

"Thus this brings me to you Lord Conall as of now by my hand I do assign you as Althena’s bodyguard answerable only to me while in Celebrimbor and once on this mission to Alasdair. No other, be he a King, a Lord, or a Prince may command you otherwise. You will also be second to Alasdair in leading the Special Guards. What say you Lord Alasdair will you take this position and give me your oath."

With the meeting finally over both warriors were dismissed, Conall for the moment on his own time till the next morn when recruitment would start.
Alasdair off to rest then do what he had sworn a new oath to do.....

A DWARVIN KINGDOM

Magma along with his two fellow warriors having finally returned to his King with his report, pendent and letter from King Maridynn, for the moment was on his own. Thoughts were churning in his mind on what was to be.

Clearly the need for a dwarf to be sent to the King of Shanntara as per his request was undeniable but who to send the King had left it up to him as his Military advisor to pick the best dwarf. The more he played it through his mind the more Magma knew that the best one to undertake this was he himself as he had fought beside them and was now known to them.

Resolving himself to the rightness of such to the King he did go and was granted his leave to join the Human King. The pendent activated, his return expected, he learned that a new party would be formed to replace the old and as a representative and now former military leader of the dwarvin King he would be third in its chain of command.

THE CITY OF CELEBRIMBOR

With his duties clear Magma did connect with Alasdair the units new leader and once again the Paladin Conall and began the task of helping the two of them in its recruitment. They had only 1 week to do this and the need for seasoned warriors, Clerics, Mages and a Rogue or two willing to swear a new oath of loyalty was paramount. Their hope in truth was to be able to recruit the survivors of the old and use them to form the new.

The King had even given permission to recruit the Giant Samson still held under protective custody, whether for himself or from others was yet to be told. With his oath of loyalty he would be released to join the others King Maridynn seeing in him something mayhap worthy of trust. It was clear to the three of them that even though they were out of Krelis’s magical tunnels the clock yet ticked....

THE MAGICAL TUNNELS

Krelis now fully healed stood before the open portal and faced his Master his head held low. Around him were also 4 of his special Half-Gnoll guards.

"So they have escaped."

"Yes my Master."

"You have failed me Krelis, as such you know the punishment for that."

"Yes my Master"

Krelis replied as he lowered himself to his knees.

"Goodbye Krelis...Kill him."

The Master of Krelis did command the 4 half-Gnolls now surrounding the Mage/Cleric. With a quick stab of their swords Krelis was beheaded, stabbed, disemboweled and then chopped apart. With his death the magic tunnels started to slowly crumble having been linked directly to his force of life by his master the creator of them. The Master’s portal closed leaving the Half-Gnolls to face their fates alone....

LEVEL ONE HOBGOBLIN CAVES

The military force sent by the King arrived to find that only the natural caves of the 1st level had survived but their orders were clear and before it was all over no creature of evil did yet live in them. The force successful in their mission returned to the fortress of Polaner from wince they had sent forth.

For three Warriors the task of building a new unit for a mission as yet to be revealed was begun. Who they would find was hoped for by name, yet not a sure thing. Again time would tell and the clock yet ticking once again.....

(OOC: Ok guys and girls there you have it the end of Part 1. Parts 2,3,4 are much longer, harder, with more dungeons, high level monsters, and a dungeon level mostly of tests to make you think more then fight.
If you wish to continue as a player with the same character please by all means do so if not now is a good time to switch. That of course is dependent on you still wanting to play in the TRILOGY WAR campaign.
This is also a good time to get involve in IC posts between everyone playing. Remember you are not limited on the number of posts ok so feel free to post as much as you want. The only three characters in the new special guard unit are Alasdair, Conall and Magma. I want you guys to RP your recruitment into the unit. Remember I am all about the story make me proud.

OK next post Monday.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 01:42:07.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


93

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Confused big guy
Posted on 11/29/2005 at 10:37:47 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As he was lead away Samson could not help being worried with Cynil his only friend beside him he knew that even though she was there being once again locked in a room was not what he had expected.

He hated being confined when he had no idea what would happen. Even though he had been confined in a prison deep underground for days, that did not scare him as much as now for he had known what the Half-Gnolls had in mind for them in the end. But now here he and Cynil were, alone in a human city not knowing what to
expect or how they were to be treated. Clear it was that though he was of a good alignment they distrusted giants, seemingly knowing less about him than he did of them, and the locking of the door drove that fact home.

The room though now locked was very comfortable with even a giant sized bed reinforced with steel as not to break with his weight. A large bowl of various fruits had been placed with in alongside a large plate of bread and meats. Two large tankards also did rest upon the table one of water the other of ale. A nicely furnished prison, yet a prison still.

With his thoughts all muddled he turned to Cynil and
asked,

"Cynil? What happens now?"

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

interesting company
Posted on 11/30/2005 at 2:44:51 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We have fallen in with, at least the drappings are somewhat more comfortable than what we had before. If thou wouldst let me check thee over and make sure thou hast healed up properly, I wouldst not have thee scarred Unnecessarily"

"Well sooner or later they will come to deal with us, as the company seems somewhat higher in status than we normally associate with, it might behoove us to clean up some. I wonder if there might be bathing facilities somewhere in here?"

Gathering up a wash basin filling it with warm water and grabbing a couple of cloths, Cynil proceeds to clean the sites of the burns and cuts Samson incured during their stay in the caves. Having satisfied herself that "Sam" had incurred nothing more serious than a couple of light scars that would give him a "roughish" look for the "ladies" she then turned her attention to their supplies and stores or "lack thereof"

"We might wish to discuss how we are going to reprovision. A couple of days in yon local wood will allow me to restock quite a few necessities, and I would like to try calling for an animal companion. However we will need some supplies that must be bought and our previous hosts left us grievously bereft of cash flow."

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

To fish or not to fish
Posted on 11/30/2005 at 4:11:12 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies, "Thank you my friend for the healing. If they let me out of here you know I'll assist in anything we need. If worse come to worse I'll teleport us out of here. to bad they had no camping grounds instead of a room. I dislike being indoors as you know. Too cramped in here. How long do you think they will keep us in here?"

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Home again Home again
Posted on 11/30/2005 at 7:54:10 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using his finally tuned skills with Sunblaze at his side Ukthok completes the telepotation spell and in a second they find themselves back at the castle, and instantly surrounded by the kings guards.
After a couple of miniutes all was figured and they found themselves in front of the king.From this point many things happen in a very short period of time.

The king has his daughter back.
Using his court wizards and such he sends Ulthok back to retrive the rest of the group and they all teleport back to the castle.
The kings men clear out what is left at the caves and our mission for now is complete.
The king had asked Conall, Magma, and Alasdair to remain behind.The rest of them he basically throws out.Out side in the hall Cor lets out some frustration about being dismissed.Ulthok also felt a little let down but he points out to Cor that the king did in his own way thank them however brief such thanks was.He accepts Cors offer of the skin and as he takes a good pull at once realizes it is not the usual stuff but something Cor must have been saving for their return.The fiery liquid at once made its presence know in the halflings body and he felt a whole lot better if not a little numb.Not knowing for sure why the king keep the other 3 behind he turns to the rest of the group.
I don't know about everybody else but I for one before I do anything else am going to find a hot bath and soak this sore tired body and clean my cloths.After that maybe we could all find Conall to find out what the king had to say and maybe all head into town for a evening of cutting loose.I do not really know for sure but deep down I feel that what we have just returned from was really not the end of a mission but mearly a prelude to something much darker and deadlier, and if we was going to be needed I for one will be prepared, and part of that means letting off some steam by a good night of dining drinking and gambling.So anyone interested in a night out with the halfling lets meet in town at that same tavern we dined and drank in the night before we left from here.I will also be doing some shopping first so lets say we meet shortly after the sun goes down. With that Ulthok takes his leave. Once back to his room the first thing he does is locate one of the castles servents and asks for a hot bath to be prepared for him.He need to wash and relax his muscles for a spell.Once ready he also washes his one and only black body suit and hangs it to dry while he soaks in the tub, which he does untill the water turns quite chilly.Using a quick cantrip he finishes drying his suit with a quick wave of his hand and he redresses for a trip into the city.
Feeling much refreshed and much cleaner he knows this first trip to town alone without meeting the Lady Dru that was going to be hard on him.He was really going to miss the Bard.

Back in his room he sorts through his belongings looking over the new stuff he has, and deceiding where and how to pack or carry his new weapons and such.He deceides he is going to carry his bow across his back now, with one longtooth on my left hip, my precious Idrenal on my right hip, and then when in town I would like to purchase some already tanned leather and using my leather working skill make a leather sheath that I can tie around my right leg to hold the second longtooth dagger.Once he is organized he will spend some time reading his spell book and resting up till he feels it is time to leave for town.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

prisonors
Posted on 11/30/2005 at 8:08:53 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The doors slammed closed behind as the Humans and Dwarf started conversing, I wonder why only one member of the Special force was include for Cor normally offer a wise word and parts his knowledge to the Leaders and surviving member of the group and was at one time Second in command of the original unit. With Cor little statement I will take his offering and say a prayer for Hawk, Lady Dru, Tailia, Flit/Cesair, and all the guards that lost their lives for this Sunblaze.

After the king order everyone out, I will go to the ceil of the castle and with a stern voice besiege the Guard to release the Giant and his elven companion on the grounds that they are part of the Kings special guard (or under care of the special guard if that the case. (For as of now I don't know of the disbandment) and shouldn't be lock up as prisoners but treated like heroes.
This plea was in no shape or form out for the kindness for giants but for that I didn't like people or animals for that matter to be lock up like slaves without due reason, plus this lady was kin and a fellow spirit of the earth and if knowning just that i would plead for release just the dame. If not release I would ask for the jailer to place them in my charge for they are need for training and if anything happen he can be held responsible and be punish accordly.
If they are release with out a word I signal them to follow me as I lead them to our special barracks and wide area train ground where i can leave them to their own devices, for now.

On the way back they might notice my face reflecting pain and suffering, and eyes of frosty coldness when I look back to check to see them keeping up. I will lead them to my room of the barracks, for which I rarely use, and will leave a bag with 400 gold pieces and some healing herbs to treat their burns and wounds on the Lady bunk. After reaching the room I will pull up my Cloak of Elvenkind and mystical disappear as soon as they enter and glance away from me and silently enter the grotto to which my door opens to.
To the rear of the room in the right corner is a waterfall landing in to a stone basin which serves a place to bath with a silk dressing screen in front of it for privacy.

Note in elven:
If you need anything just write in on the paper provide and pin it to the door or seek out the fellow inhabitance of this building. Signed Af’til

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Revelations and things to come...
Posted on 11/30/2005 at 9:20:04 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With blurry of activity the past few moments brought much change to Alasdair's surrounding and thinking. Upon entering the Castled walled of Celebrimbor, their new friend Samson and Cynil were taken into custody of the city guards. To both he called, "Rest easily, no harm shall come to either of you and I shall request your swift release." With a weary head he followed their escorts into the audience chamber of King Maridynn of Shanntara.

He was pleased at the quick solute given to their entire company, but was somewhat shocked when the King requested Conall, Magma and himself to remain when the other were dismissed.

For Magma's part he was happy that the King was sending him back to his dwarven King as a royal envoy. He just hoped that the Dwarven King would choose the the brave Magma as his representative to join in King Maridynn's Special Guards.

His heart and mind raced as the King said, "With the death of the Lady Drusilia I am left with no court assigned leader to lead what is left of my original special guards who now only number 4, as such they will be disbanded and free to go their own way... As I will be forming a new special guards unit again of 9 in number, I will need a new leader. To you Lord Alasdair I offer this position it will mean an offer of your oath to me and only to me but if you agree to take it you will have only 1 week to find and recruit 6 members for it." He was honored that the King would place such trust in him.

With an equal degree of pride he heard the King appoint his noble friend Conall as Lady Althena's Royal Bodyguard. For he knew that Conall would cherish such a duty and fulfill his duties as such with pride and honor. Upon hearing the King ask "What say you Lord Alasdair will you take this position and give me your oath?" he fell to his right knee and bowed his head slighty. "I, Alasdair MacKenzie of Callahorn, render homage and fealty to the Crown and Kingdom of Shanntara, unto whom I offer honour and loyalty, and such support as it is in my power to give. I promise to protect and defend the Crown and the people of Shanntara. These things do I swear, by this sword and by mine honour. So say I, Alasdair MacKenzie."

Upon receiving King Maridynn's acknowledgement of his pledge, Alasdair stood back up and proudly saluted his new soveriegn lord. "My Leige, my first act as Leader of the Special Guards is to request the immediate release of the Firbolg Giant Samson and his trusted friend and Druid, Lady Cynil from their "temporary confinement," states Alasdair in a confident tone, for this would be the first test of the trust that King Maridynn had placed in him. Willing to press his luck Alasdair continued, "My Leige, many of those who travelled with Conall and I are equally deserving of your praises and "rewards." May I inform them that a more suitable ceremony will be planned to honor them and our lost comrades?"

Upon leaving the audience chamber, he turns to Conall and says, "We have six members to enlist for this grand Special Guards. I would like to know your thoughts for I would like to seek the enlistment of Cor, Af'Til, Ulthok, Lady Haila, Samson and Lady Cynil, if they will be so inclined. I hope that the Dwarven King appoints Magma to being his official representative to bring our original group back together, for we have worked well together in the past. Though that still leaves us one short when Lady Althena is not with us, two as you are her escort." He continues to walk forward listening to Conall as they leave the castle halls.

Now to find the various members of the group and convey the message from the King in regards to the Special Guards and his own interests in having them re-join the re-formed group. This was a task that he must do on his own, as Conall was appropriately attending to his new duties as well. With that in mind, Alasdair set out to request all his comrades to join him in a feast at the best tavern in Celebrimbor. For in that environment he would annouce the King's plans for the Special Guard and his own request that they all join him and take up the King's next mission.

OOC: I'll wait till the characters gather as requested before having Alasdair offically re-state what it is that has transpired between the King and our group regarding the Special Guard.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

I don't think we will be held long
Posted on 12/2/2005 at 1:32:52 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The one that appears to be the leader "Alasdair" said something about securing our release as quick as possible, I don't think it will take over long, let us go through the things they gave us. And what think you of the company? They certainly appear to know what they are doing, I would never have thought such a small force would be able to penetrate that deeply into those caverns. And the lady they recovered I was not able to catch much of what that was about. I suspect we find ourselves caught in the middle of history in the making. If circumstances allow us to continue in their company would you care for that? I woulds't stay by thy side irreguardless of how thou wilst choose, but I must admit to great curiosity as to the story that unfolds here. Although one must keep in mind that the most powerful curse my kind knows is "May you live in interesting times."

( if Af'til is allowed to release us)

Voices outside the door, a stern voice demanding something, the door opens and cynil turns to see the tall and somber looking elf from the cavern his eyes cold he glances briefly at Sam then motions them to follow. Cynil looks quickly at sam and restrains the urge to talk to him in druidic as she sees by the elf's garb indication that he is also a druid. Looking back to the elf she nods carefully and courteously then moves to follow keeping herself between him and Sam the best she can. The elf's demeanor doesn't encourage small talk or questions so she follows silently.
Without a word they are led to a small room in a barracks the elf unceremoniously tosses a bag on one of the bunks then dissapears. Cynil catches what appears to be a look of pain and loss on his face in the brief glimpse she gets of his profile before he pulls up his cloak and dissapears.

"Well what think you of this Sam, of the company that is not the one I would have expected to secure our release. What losses have they suffered, these things they have given us I think are from comrades at arms that were lost in the rescue."

She wanders to the bed and looks in the pack, gasps softly in glee at the packet of herbs therein. Then holds the bag of coin up for Sam to see,

"Certainly enough for basic food supplies
and what components we cannot gather."

Looking about the room she spots the waterfall in the corner with the bathing basin. Without hesitation she walks swiftly to it shedding her clothes as she goes without concern for Sam's presence or where they drop. She sets the tub to filling then picks up the note reading it as she pulls the screen back to better talk to Sam whilst in the tub.

"Af'til.... our rescuer's name is Af'til, Dids't thou perchance catch the name of the kindly paladin? I was remiss in thanking him I think, and woulds't correct that."

With that she quickly slips into the tub and with a sigh of pleasure sinks to her chin in the water, then casually blowing a lock of silvergreen hair out of her eyes glances at Sam and giggles.
"Plenty spacious for me, but I think thou willst have to fold thy self over several times to get in, and then thou wilst have no room for water!"

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Mini ME
Posted on 12/2/2005 at 5:49:30 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies, "Can't quite recall the names of our new friends yet. After I hear then a few more times I'll get it. I do have an ability to shrink myself but don't use it more so I have no idea how long it lasts or if it can be detected by magic. Some may get upset if they thinmk I'm decieving them."

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

Magma goes Home
Posted on 12/3/2005 at 11:47:52 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma stood before his king. Technically he should have been kneeling, but he never did. He was also supposed to be unarmed in the presence of his ruler, but Magma ignored that rule as well. The Dwarven warrior ignored many of the conventions of his people, as he stood there waiting on his liege and ignoring the glare of the king’s guard. The King dismissed the guard with a wave of his hand and Magma watched, keeping a blank face as each member left the room with a stony grimace.

“Magma Ironclaw.” The king spoke in a voice heavy with mirth, “You are giving Fallon Shieldbear reason to dislike you.”

“Follow Ruleholder doesn’t need to look far to find a reason to dislike me.”

“True, you never have been one for following rules.”

“I follow rules when they are not in the way of doing what is right. I have never been one to stand around a wait for the laws to be chiseled and the mortar to dry.”

The King chuckled as he came over and hugged his old friend, “Magma, we been friends for how long now?”

“57 years now, my liege.”

“Really? Seems longer.”

“It only feels like an eternity, my liege.”

The two moves to more comfortable seats and Magma poured both of them two horns of war-spirits from the king’s private stock. “So?”

“How many missions you been on recently?”

“15 including this last one.”

“You deserve a rest Magma.”

“I’ll rest when I am dead. Besides, you didn’t command my presence to order me to rest.”

“No. The King of Shanntara is organizing a group for a mission. I understand that it will be composed of many of those you meet while on the last mission. He has asked for a representative from our kingdom and I thought you might be interested.”

Magma smiled, “You know I am. They are a good group I saw in there. I would be honoured to serve with them.”

“You won’t be in command.”

“That doesn’t bother me. I hate feeling responsible for all the dead. You know I don’t want to stay here for long.”

“And this way you don’t have to stand around here growing old and listening to us stodgy dwarves make up more rules.” The King laughed.

“There is a lot to be said about that too.” Magma agreed with his glass raised in toast.

“Magma? What are you looking for? You have always been unhappy here, preferring to be out in the thick of things, always choosing the missions that take you far from home. Do you know what you are looking for?”

The red haired Dwarf shrugged and finished his drink. “I’ll let you know when I find it, my liege. Mind if I fill up my skins while I’m here? Humans don’t know good drink if they were bathing in it.”

“The King’s private stock is only for the King and his chosen guests.”

Magma looked at his king and chuckled while filling his wineskin from the spigot. “You are right, this stuff is too good to share, but there is a dwarven priest from another clan in the party, and it would be a shame not to share some good will with him.”

OOC: another post is coming of Magma returning, but will be away from computers at the cottage this weekend.

Althena Sunblayze
Newbie
Posts: 2
Reply | Edit

A Look Back PT 1
Posted on 12/6/2005 at 5:41:58 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Althena sat alone in her room once again safe and for the moment out of harm’s way. Yet she knew in a little over a week’s time once again in danger would she be. Her only hope and for that matter Trilogy’s only hope would lay in the hands of 9 hearty souls. Once this new group of Special Guard was picked the King would reveal the next mission and the truth of who she really was and her role in Trilogy’s future.

What had her true father told her at her 16th birthday a little over 1200 years ego.??

"There may come a time my fair Althena where you may have to sacrifice everyone around you to gain everlasting peace for this world. Friends, allies and even loved ones may not survive, for when your time comes and make no mistake it will come their lives are meaningless if it means in the end the defeat of good.
After me you are the last of our kind, only in your hands rests the power to defeat him. Remember my words."

She sighed remembering him tall, strong, so very powerful in magic, the greatest of all back then yet oh so very mortal. His leaving at her age of 18 though preordained had left her very much alone and the last surviving Valar on the mainland of Trilogy. Alone she had grown and matured almost in secret lying about her true age for many, many years.

But as foretold the time to act and trust in her fathers vision had come and it would be up to her and 9 others to insure the victory of good in the forth coming war even if it meant she had to sacrifice them all....



Posted on 2006-10-03 at 01:46:29.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


The Castle Celebrimbor

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

The Castle Celebrimbor
Posted on 12/6/2005 at 6:14:56 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the King’s wishes for a new Special Guard made known, a new leader for it officially made clear and a bodyguard for the lady Althena now selected. A search for 6 of 9 now to begin....

Alasdair now a leader with a task decided perhaps a bit rashly to address his first act as such to King Meridynn himself. Asking as such for the release of the Giant Samson and the female Elvin Druid Cynil and found himself quiet as at first the King appeared in heavy thought.

"So be it Lord Alasdair I shall for the moment place them both in your charge as they mayhap will agree to join the new guard. But know ye this never were they held as a threat but as a measure for their own safety.
As such for now due to his size he may only roam within the confines of these castle walls."

A runner then quickly dispatched with the order to allow free movement for both the giant and druid by the King’s decree the first act of a leader was done successfully.
With this done both Cavalier and Paladin exited the chamber of the King to begin their duty of recruitment. Once beyond the door and into the courtyard open did Alasdair turn to Conall and address him a question.

"We have six members to enlist for this grand Special Guards. I would like to know your thoughts for I would like to seek the enlistment of Cor, Af'Til, Ulthok, Lady Haila, Samson and Lady Cynil, if they will be so inclined. I hope that the Dwarven King appoints Magma to being his official representative to bring our original group back together, for we have worked well together in the past. Though that still leaves us one short when Lady Althena is not with us, two as you are her escort."

Once finished so too did Conall reply.

"Correct you are Alasdair but as the king hinted Althena is to accompany us upon this new mission whence we go next. And with a dwarvin representative of which hopefully it shall be Magma due to join we are as of this moment 3. As of the 6 let us split those you have spoken of between us, I shall contact Cor, Haila and Uthlok. Whilst you contact Af’til and the two you have gained for them a measure of freedom, the Giant Samson and the Druid Cynil."

With Alasdair’s agreement both warriors separated to find the ones sought as it was only midday as yet and many hours of daylight remained before sleep was once again needed.

Conall’s first goal was to find his mentor Cor but once the temple did he reach was surprised to find the War Cleric unavailable, learning from the other priests of his friends heavy session of prayers. So unable to talk to his dwarvin friend in search of Haila he did go, his habit of giving to others in effect yet still.

Cor indeed was in heavy prayer for a change had come upon him in the tunnels of magic. A feeling of a higher purpose, a higher calling from his god Odin to become more then just a Cleric of war. For the next 10 hours such was to be his fate.

Ulthok as some was not 100% happy with being dismissed so fast. But as he told the rest of those with him that the King had by bowing to them thanked them all in his own way. Back to his room and a shower and wash of clothes, an inventory of new items and places decided to carry them and a desire of a new sheath sure to be taken care of , Ulthok’s thoughts did travel to memory’s of the Lady Drusilia not dead more then a full day. The Halfling found it easy to admit to himself that he dearly missed the young lass much like a father missed a daughter. Life without her did not seem the same nor would it ever again. But life overall amidst death and sorrow did indeed move on as would he.

Samson and Cynil resting comfortable yet a little worried were surprised to find the Elf Ranger Af'til at their door demanding their release. Though not stated, clear it was that the Ranger no love for Samson had he. As words from both the Ranger and the guards became heated a messenger arrived bearing from the King the granting of the Giants freedom. The freedom though with a cost, due to his size and the city never having encountered a Giant before, his freedom was restricted to within the castle walls and into the city beyond he was not allowed.

Alsadair on arriving at the room where was held the Giant Samson did find him and the Elf Druid gone, told by the guards of the Giants release. Informed that both had been escorted away by the Elf Ranger Af’til, Alasdair had a hope of where to look next.
Glad he was at the Giants release but how to get him into the city for his planned feast due to his size yet a mystery. Perhaps a spell of Diminish or a Potion of some such to disguise his true height could be used. Making his way back to the old Special Guard barracks he pondered the thought. Stopping only briefly to task a few pages with messeges to the old and new Special Guard to spread the word of his planned feast.

Conall had found the Lady Haila seated in a small interior pasture with Niamedris upon her lap seemingly lost in thought, unaware at first of his approach. At her feet Conall could clearly see small tokens once belonging to her sister Taila arranged as if in order. Seated he took Haila’s hand and together at his lead both did a prayer extend to a fallen comrade. a fallen champion, a fallen sister. After a short time in silence Conall did tell Haila about the Kings decree for a new Special Guard and of both his and Alasdair’s desire that she be a part of it. She promised to think on it but no firm answer would she give her grief all too present at the moment. As Conall rose to leave one of the pages did deliver Alasdair’s invite to dinner the next evening hence. With both’s acceptance did the page leave them once again alone. With a final shoulder squeeze did Conall move away to leave Haila to find a place to rest her grief. His next quest to find the Halfling Ulthok.

Evening had come and Cor having finally finished his prayers was a War Cleric no more, clear it was to the other priests he was something more. Armor found at his side now worn and a ring once on a finger gone and the powers alike some that of a Paladin did he now have. The Armor the purest of dwarvin make, holy symbol of Odin clear upon the suits chest plate. No longer War Cleric yet not a full Paladin Cor had become a Knight Cleric the first of his kind the burden of such upon his shoulders he did now carry.
With his newly granted role to Conall the Paladin he did seek to tell first.

Af'til having set up the Giant Samson and the Elf Cynil in quarters free of guards did he himself move off and to his gotto go to clean himself in the pure waters. As he redressed after his bath, a page appeared bringing him word of Alasdair's proposed dinner the next night hence.
With his reply to the page that he would attend he was once again alone in his thoughts.

Samson and Cynil now having a place in the barracks of the Special Guard to for the time being were thankful for the freedom but had less then they had before. No steel reinforced king sized bed found here mayhap a place be found upon the floor. Plans began by Cynil to travel to the town alone to gather all items needed by them and a reminder of Samson’s power to be become smaller reiterated, the question of money solved by the Rangers monetary gift. Shopping the next day was settled the Giant worried that mayhap his shrinking would be taken wrong pondered a solution.
A page arrived bearing an invitation to dinner at a tavern delivered.
The time and place of their going to town now set.

Magma now returned as the official dwarvin representative as was hoped did after checking in with King Maridynn did also find himself a place in the barracks proper. Mingling with Samson and Cynil again did strike up a state of friendship with them thus did he learn of Alasdair’s dinner invite. His goal as third in command of the new Special Guard to help as much as possible and do everything in his power to make it work. The talk among the three did last into the night, interrupted only by a short visit by Alasdair who greeted Magma on his return and the asking of Cynil and Samson to join the new unit.

The next day went by slow, Alasdair having learned of Samson’s ability to reduce his size had cleared his leaving of the castle walls and into the city proper with King Maridynn.The innate ability used, the Giant now the size of a normal man knew he had 17 hours before reverting to his giant size.

As all arrived and where seated, the meal was as such served. Lord Alasdair to all of the 7 before him who had not heard the last words of the King to him and Conall did relay what had been said. Then reseated he awaited any and all discussion as such between himself and those seated before him.
All of who he wanted as part of this new Special Guard.....


(OOC: Ok here is my post for this week as for the next real game post that will be sometime in Jan. This is due to a few factors 1) Mottle is in the process of moving to his new duty post and visiting friends and family and may not be able to post till then.
2) Kyle is preparing to have surgery soon and maybe offline for a few weeks.
3) Haila’s comp is down but she should be back in Jan.
4) Its Christmas here and it’s a good time to try social posting among the characters. I want you guys that can to do so as it will help the storyline and help the characters to get to know each other better. I will post little short updates based on your weekly posts if any, still on Monday nights but nothing that will move the game forward.
But come January I will get the game rolling again in a serious post to start part 2 of the Trilogy War.
Well to all of you I send best wishes for a Happy Holiday. Stay safe Enjoy.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 01:53:33.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


94

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

We want you
Posted on 12/6/2005 at 4:25:39 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson sits in thier room relaxing since there was so little to do indoors. He asks Cynil, "So, we should join ths guard thing with the others? Maybe it will get us outdoors more."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

A rebirth of the Special Guard and friendships
Posted on 12/6/2005 at 5:21:53 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon finishing the conversation with Conall as they exited the royal audience chamber, Alasdair set out to find Af’til and the two 'temporarily detained', the Giant Samson and the Druid Cynil. Intent on correcting a wrong done, understandable though it was, he needed to see to its correcting. He was pleasantly surprised to learn that Af'til had beaten him here, as had the King's own messenger. With a quick thanks to the guards, he set off to the barracks and to set pages forth trying to locate and deliver 3 dinner invitations for his friends on the next evening. He wished that Conall was indeed able to contact the other members as they had agreed.

Much had happened these past 24 hours and much yet still to process. The group still needed to mend and heal, especially in regards to their mental and emotional states. For surely the healing potions and clerical spells had healed the physical wounds, the emotional loss of several friends would not be so easily overcome.

Over the next day, he sought his own council with Samson and Cynil... seeking to find a way to get the giant into the city with the rest. To his suprise, he learned of Samson's ability to shrink himself in size. Armed with this information he sought an audience with the King to left Samson's restrictions on travelling. "My liege, for while you have said that such restrictions were intended to protect Samson... new information may make that issue moot. For I have learned that he is able to shrink in size and appear as a normal as Conall or I." finished Alasdair as he then waited to hear if King Maridynn agreed. With a happy departure from the halls, he made his way to meet with Samson and give him the good news.

Returning to Samson's quarters he began, "It seems that the good King Maridynn is indeed fair and just. For upon learning of your ability to appear smaller, he quickly agreed to allowing your freedom of movement throughout the city. Though you still be under my charge, I think that I can 'risk' your freedom to move about," chuckled Alasdair. "If you have nothing pressing, I look forward to seeing you and Cynil later tonight," says Alasdair as he leaves, many thoughts still on his mind.

Tic toc... the hours passed... He was sure of himself and of his friends as he mused over what he would say to them at dinner. Upon entering the tavern, he immediately went over to the owner and placed a soft leather pouch on the table in front of him.

"I do hope that this may be enough to firm up the arrangements made by messenger yesterday, for I would have nothing held in reserve for my friends. Count it if you wish, but I assure you that there are 500 Gold there in that pouch. What may not be spend tonight simply put it on our tab. I give you my word as a loyal servant to King Maridynn that no harm shall befall your establishment during our celebration," he says in a confident tone. "Please include in the food and drink such as would befit a noble assemblage, including human, elven and dwarven guests," merrily quips Alasdair, "and if ye need more than the 'deposit' there on the desk (indicating the pouch with a glance), ye shall receive it." Before the tavern owner could make his departure Alasdair added quickly, "Hmmm and please see to it that dancers, performers and musicians are also in attendance. This should be a joyous celebration." With that he seemed satisfied that all would enjoy themselves this night regarless of their decision to join or not.

Having arranged for a few escorts to bring the group's treasure to the tavern and to stand guard outside to avoid interruptions during their meeting, Alasdair quickly set about arranging the treasure chests and objects newly identified for maximum affect on the attending guests. For while he did want to raise a toast or four to their fallen friends, he also wanted them to constantly be aware of what they had also acheived. While some might see only the material wealth, he hoped that they would also see and welcome the new bond that they has forged together in those damnedable tunnels.

As the hour of the festivities approached, he asked for a bottle of Shanntaran Red wine, taking a sip he was happy to see friends arriving as requested. When all had arrived and been welcomed, he began... "My friends I thank you for coming here tonight. As I am sure some of you have already heard that King Maridynn has disbanded the Special Guards. While he did honor the old group, he acknowledged that their original composition was lost. Too many losses prompted him to this deceison, yet he seeks to form a new unit, equally as valiant. He has offered leadership of the Special Guards to myself and has appointed Lord Conall as the royal bodyguard to Lady Althena. At King Maridynn's request a dwarven representative was appointed by the wise dwarven King," announces Alasdair. With alittle amusement in his voice he continues, "In his wisdom, he has appointed Magma to be his representative to this new unit. Now now, no protests...," mocks Alasdair with a light hearted laugh. "I am asking each of you here now to join with Conall, Magma and myself in this new venture. The King has a new mission and I 'need' those I can trust and who have shown a willingness and ability to act together as one. We survived Krelis' tunnels because we worked together and were able to depend on each other. I can not promise what glory or dangers this new mission might hold in store for us, but I do know that Lady Althena, Lord Conall, Magma and myself have already pledged ourselves to see it through. So will you join us?," asks Alasdair as he looks about the room making eye contact with each one of them.

Upon hearing their comments and questions, he clears his throat to gain their attention once more. Thus continuing Alasdair says, "Alas, we still have this (indicating the piles of coinage and chests arranged in the room) to be divvied up, sold or donated...

He begins listing off the totals..., "50,000 Gold, 300,000 Silver, 50,000 Platinum, Potions 9; a Potion of Ambrosa, a Potion of Dragon Sight, a Potion of Master Thievery, a Potion of Rest, Oil of Fiery Burning, a Potion of Treasure Finding, 3 Extra-Healing potions, One magical Staff (+1), one magical Suit of Hide Armor (+2), an Amulet of Cheetah Speed and a Pearl of the Sirines... finish out the items found during our recent journey. What say you to their division?," asks Alasdair, intent on see what each of them thought. What much already said he motions to the tavern owner indicating his thanks and asks for another bottle of Shanntara Red to be brought over.

One thought clearly still on his mind was the meaning and feelings expressed by Lady Althena before she was teleported from the halls not quite two days before... for he had not seen her alone since that day. Questions and confusion still surrounded that kiss...

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Where is he, I hear something...
Posted on 12/6/2005 at 9:28:53 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies, "Cor is it? I'm a Firbolg, most of my kind are what most call Chaotic Good. We are not an evil race that maybe why you don't know any peaceful giants. You can ask Cynil about my character and my honor. We have traveled together a long time and she knows me better than anyone."

Later that evening.

Samson listens then says, "I can't speak on the magic items for I did nothing to each such a reward. As for joining the guard I will if Cynil does. I go where she does."

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

day off
Posted on 12/7/2005 at 5:06:26 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I rose up out of the blackened water on my personal grotto, my many scars and opened wound seemed to fade away as the black ichors fell from my batter shell, evaporating as soon as they touch the stone circle, (will heal my self complete of all damage). Still gleaming from the bath in just my woolen robes, and a bag in hand, a page approach me, as I exited my grotto on my way to see the Court/ Castle Magicians, and handed me a letter from Alsaidar stating the plan for a feast for them in honor of us. Normally I don’t attend this type of function, but something compels me to write that I will attend the party, if only to honor the fallen comrade. (Accord to the first person that played Af’til, he seem to write is responses to outsiders, rather then talking and only truly speak to the party or in special situations.) For a feast like this I don’t normal have the attire for, remembering about the fancy set of clothes found in the dungeon, I will see if any will accommodate his body see no one else is interested in them.
As I exit I will look to she if Cynil has wrote anything on the parchments provide to her regarding their needs and do my best to do them. If not I will continue the grey brick road to see the wonderful wizard of ________ (where are we again)

(OOC: have to leave but will post more latter about more action in the city before going to the party; which is the next day right?)

P.s. have you got any of my e-mail Tann

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

a function to attend and no fitting garments
Posted on 12/8/2005 at 2:27:30 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I hope they don't mind that we are not attired in fancy dress Sam."

Cynil quickly pens a note on the parchment left for her asking Af'til if he perchance knows of an apothecary where she might replace her sickle. Then pens a polite thank you for the release of herself and her friend along with a short verse of comfort for the soul weary.

home is the wanderer
weary but may see
homeland oh moon child
is heartland for thee.


She pauses a moment, then posts the note as instructed.

Having talked Sam into going to the function a little early, they manage to poke through a few shops and stock up on some basic supplies.

(OOC) I will discuss these with you later tann as this is one of those areas I don't remember much about. Also Sam if you can let me know if there is anything you specifically need that we should have picked up.

(BIC) Gazing thoughtfully into a shop window containing second hand upper class garments, Cynil talks Sam into going in and finding more appropriate garb for the supper, nothing too fancy or expensive but better than their worn travelling garb. Cynil picks for herself a modest
gown of pale blue green with little adornment and simple cut that sets off her emerald eyes. She then tries to talk Sam into a simple pants and tunic set in mid brown with modest gold trim that should look good with his bright orange hair.

Later at the supper she picks a quiet corner for her and Sam where they can listen and observe unobtrusively. She perks up at the mention of the company, and when opportunity arises will ask Sam if he has better plans, she has nothing on her agenda more important than the events that seem to be transpiring with this company. Cynil will also point out they found no evidence of the rumored "artifact" they had been looking for when they were captured.

"I must admit to great curiosity as to what transpires with these folk Sam, but you know I will stay with you."

As to the items, Cynil will agree with Sam that they had little to do with the aquistion of them, and will be content to let the rest of the party decide as to the distribution.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Clothing
Posted on 12/8/2005 at 4:35:58 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam replies to Cynil, "You mean my current outfit is not fir for society. I say I am out of touch with what these people consider taste. I was thinking of a simple monk robe but you are wiser than I on clothing Cynil. I will go with your choice."

Sam puts on the cloths she gives him and follows her to the event.

At the event he does ask her if she wished to join that special guard they mentioned.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Battle on we must!
Posted on 12/10/2005 at 2:22:38 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Cleansing himself in both body and mind Ulthok wanders the castle rather aimlessly for awhile.he visits his small lab for awhile looking over the last experiments he had been working on before they group had been called to rescue the lady Sunblaze, however he just could not focus as needed and before he could make a mistake and cause an accident he puts the stuff away.He is still having trouble comming to terms with the groups many losses in the tunnles.

Leaving his lab he does runacross Alaisdar who informs him of some of the things the king had discussed with him and invited him to a gathering to be held in town to honor their fallen comrads, and discuss what was to come next.Assurring him that Ulthok would be there the despondent halfling deceides that maby a good workout is what he needs.so leaving the castle he goes out to the obstacal course he had assembled.Setting obstacals and traps both mecanical and magical he for the next several hours loses himself in working himself to exhaustion.
Returning to his room he rests for awhile and then prepares himself to join the others in town.Once in town he will roam about for awhile visiting several shops and aquiring some needed items and a few not so needed as wanted.
OOC: I will post a list for you Tann in the OCC section soon.Thanks.
BIC:He arrives a few mins. early for the funtion to find several others already there.He pulls up a seat at the table and looks around to see that they are all in attendence.He even spots the two new friends Samson and Cynil sitting near.He listens as Alaisdair tells of the meeting with the king and then asks them if they where interested in rejoining the elite guard for another mission.Even though he is still somewhat confused as to what the importence of their last mission was outside of rescuing the kings daughter.He is still confused as to why the secrecy the king keep about who he had sent them after, but after their meeting with Krelis and his master in the magical halls Ulthok felt there was something of great evil trying to raise its ugly head once again in this world and if he could do anything to stop that he was of course in.Drinking down his glass of the fine wine presented to them the halfling.Standing on his chair Ulthok answers Alaisdair's call to arms.
I for one will be at your side Sir Alaisdair for even though the king calls this a new mission after our run in with Krelis and his master I feel that whatever comes next will just be a continuation of the fight we have already started and a fight in which we have lost some close comradsI for one feel it would be a dishoner to their names for any of us to not go on with this fight a fight that they gave their lives for.So In honer of our fallen friends Talia, Hawk, Flit and the Lady Dru I pledge myself to see this battle to its very end in victory.
OCC:I hope I didn't miss anybody but I can't remember.I must go now but will continue this diolog latter.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Forgotten booty
Posted on 12/12/2005 at 3:11:29 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After his acceptence to continue on with Alasdair as the new leader and his challenge to the others to follow him or dishoner their fallen friends He makes a suggestion as to their loot at least the coin part.
I don't see why there is any question what to do with the coins we have found just divide them up equally between us.If some don't want them they can donate to who or what they want.As for the rest of the items they should go to whom ever can best out them to use.I am not sure how to deceide thus but I am sure we can.One other thing, it seems that somehow the nine scrolls I have been carrying have been overlooked probally because I was not present when the rest was identified.So these need to be identified and distributed as well.

Reaching into his pack Ulthok removes the nine scrolls and places them with the other loot.Once finished with this he will seek out Cor for a little conversation.
OOC:I will continue this as I can Thanks.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Well spoken...
Posted on 12/12/2005 at 3:39:19 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sitting back to allow the others to digest what he had said, Alasdair is pleased with most of what he has heard. Knowing that each must make up their own minds for the joining of the Special Guards, he ponders what the rest are going to say. With a smile Alasdair does comment on Ulthok's suggestion for the splitting of the coinage, "My dear friends, I would second that notion with one little change. Let us divide the spoils equally but include in that number those of our group whom have fallen, donationg their portions to their families or to a cause with which to honor them." He looks about the room hoping that the others would feel that such an act would bestow upon their fallen friends a measure of honor, respect and immortality befitting a fallen warrior of their noble cause.

Still sitting at the table he turns towards Cor and later comments, "Dear friend, your words I feel do not match the expression still worn on yer face. For its seems that my words have not made you feel easy about the past or the future it seems. All I can say is that no disrespect was intended my my King's decision to reform the group and henchforth allowing me to approve its composition. For I beleive he knew what I would do, though did not want to force my hand in the doing. I also am not sure if he would have asked or appointed Samson and Cynil to our group. Had he not given me the ability to choose for myself whom would be asked to join the new Special Guards, complete outsiders may have been added. In so far as yer pledge... I'll accept that for now. Though know always that this is a royally appointed commission, answerable to the King. Also know ye that I would never ask of anyone that which would violate their swore faith or that which was evil in thought or deed. In either case, cast aside these ill feelings and celebrate with us, for we have much to still descuss and several to honor," finishes Alasdair standing up and holding out a hand in friendship and an acceptance their mutual understanding. Thus Alasdair hoped all would understand his views, as well as, his respect for his comrades.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

party
Posted on 12/12/2005 at 4:56:50 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Fast forwarding day’s events to the second night of rest, the evening of the dinner. The Dm has an email from me stating my intention on those days before the party. Will reply to Cynil letter to when i can, but don't have time right now)

As the onset of the moonlight night hit the fair town to the tavern I did arrived. With cloaking up and in full swing of cat graces I did enter unnoticed to other people, all that was heard was a swoosh of the doors. Be watched or seen by people wasn’t my favorite things to do, for most of my life been away from such place as this. Unseen equals unmarked, giving less contact, and less one to know and eventually lose. It is the way of one such as I. Planting myself at the window near the table, gazing out the window to distance places, I withdrew my silver inlayed harp from underneath the elven cloak, (canceling the effect of the cloak). Strumming the harp I started playing a song native to my village (which no longer stands) softly so that people in the tavern still can have there conversations and hear Alasdair speech. Not one big on celebration, I will stay at the window playing soothing lullaby, and sonnets, listening to speech whole hearted but still staring out of the window. At the conclusion of his speech, another one followed in the form of willingness but with discontent by the elusterest Cor. Ulthok stand up high gave replied. I will write a note to Connell stated my intentions for I known him more compared to the rest and feels comfortable with Connell to speak my answer to Alasdair and the group for now that his former voice is gone. (Will send the note in email to you if that ok, if not I will post it here later, the letter include though about the items on the table as well). With that I will return to my cell of a window and continue playing through dinner till the party start to move to elsewhere, like the dance floor. (get down a boogie with your bad self, got to love drunk dwarfs trying to dance the two-step).


(ooc more to come have to leave right now)

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Yes Sam
Posted on 12/13/2005 at 12:53:45 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to attend this group on this mission.
And forgive me for the trews my friend, you won't be able to wear them again anyway when you return to regular size so I thought it not important


Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Cloths
Posted on 12/13/2005 at 4:47:14 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies to Cynil, "Tis ok, I may have to see if they can make cloths in my normal size or at lease monk robes. As for the guard i'm in. I go where you go."


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 01:58:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


The Last of the 9 does Join

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

The Last of 9 does Join
Posted on 12/13/2005 at 6:03:33 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Dinner of friends and mayhap the creation of a new force for good once again underway. Newcomer and old soldier together as one most in agreement to become part of this new Special Guard.
The only one at the dinner to have to this point said nothing did now finally stand.

"My Sister Taila was one of the old guard loved by all of that guard and those of you that knew her before her death. Though I am her twin I am not her and cannot bring the same skills to this new Guard as she would have been able too. But I know she would accept this mission as her own being the person she was without a regard for her own safety and with no fear, and again I am sorry to admit that I am not her.
Yet I stand before you now and pledge myself to this quest, to this company, to this King, may he prove worthy of us all."

With a sad smile upon her determined face Haila Torran did retake her seat awaiting for the next to speak.
Cor then ordered ale for all and the evening did go on, morning yet hours away…..


(OOC: Ok all short post to get in Haila’s yes of joining. Also for the story, good call about giving some of the cash to the dead families Alasdair. But I will in game play still divide it amongst active player characters.
As for the Pearl and Amulet once its decided who gets them I will add it to their sheets. Also I too forgot about the scrolls and will post the nature of them in the Q/A.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:00:03.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


95

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Talk and more talk
Posted on 12/13/2005 at 1:26:56 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pleased that all of the group has deceided to follow Alasdair in the continuing mission, Ulthok makes one last comment before going over to talk with Cor.Yes Yes giving the families of the fallen a share of the coin is an execellent idea I am sure such would be much appreciated by our fallen friends families.Also of the items we know of I would like to request the amulet of cheetah speed and maybe one or two of the scrolls once we know what they are, the rest i have no interest in.

Chugging down the ale that is delivered to him by the server ordered by Cor Ulthok finally makes his way over to Cor for a little conversation.Pulling up a seat near the Dwarven Cleric Ulthok leans in and speaks to his friend.My dear friend I know tonight is to be both a celerbation and a memorial for our fallen, so you may not feel this is the right time for this and if that be the case please say and we could make a time for latter before we set off if you feel that would be better.However if it is alright by you i would like to ask you to help me with a personal problem that i know has surfaced a couple of times durning our travels.I am hoping that by sharing the guilt and shame I feel for my failure in an episoide from my early days that comes back to haunt me again and again, and that I am afraid may rear its ugly head some day at the most unoportiune time and cause me to hesitate or falter when I am most needed.As he speaks to Cor one can see that the halfling is struggling with whatever ir is he feels so badly about.He breaks out in a sweat as he speaks and constantly is ringing his hands as he speaks, as well as looking down and away from the cleric.Finally he looks up at CorYou know now is probally not the right time for this would it be alright if I look you up after breakfast tomorrow morning and we continue this then?
Whatever Cor deceides Ulthok has deceided it was a mistake to ponder this durning the party and he excuses himself from the cleric.Instead he will make his way over to where Samson and Cynil are sitting.Bowing slightly towards the giant and the druid he ask permission to sit.It is good to see you two have deceided to join us may i sit and share a drink with you both?Sitting at the end of their table so he may look at both as they speak he first orders up some more of the dwarven drink Cor had ordrered for himself and whatever they are drinking for which he will pay.
I hope you do not find me to be to prying however in all my travels I have never met one such as you Samson if I am not to forward may I ask a little about you, your home, and your magical powers.Being a mage myself I am always interested in the many ways that magic works in this world, and from what I understand your powers are inate to you, I mean I have to study hard and memorize the words and gestures on a daily basis and can only retain a limited number of spells in my head , but you can cast at will without memorizing is that correct or am I mistaken?I have never heard of your homeland either could you tell me a little about it also?After speaking with Samson he turns to the lady druidI do not mean for it to seem I am ignoring you my lady for I am also interested in the ways of a druid.Is it true that you get your powers in the same way our cleric friend Cor does by alignment with some deity who grants you your powers?I have also heard that many druids have beautifull woodland homes and often don't like to spend much time in the larger cities, do you have a great woodland retreat, and if you do maybe it would be possable someday to visit this splended retreat I would be very honored.

As they talk Ulthok will keep both his and their drinks full however many cups that is and will cover all the costs.He will chat with them for awhile and then eventually excuse himself saying he would also like to speak with some of the others and will excuse himself from their table.
OOC:To be continued.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

To the fallen heroes
Posted on 12/13/2005 at 7:14:40 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall sits and listens to all who have gathered. All seem to be keen on the idea of joining in the rest of this quest. This does Conall’s heart good for this makes his job much easier knowing who is in the company he is to escort his precious cargo. After all have spoken Coanll reaches for his tankard of ale and with some pain revealed on his face stands to his feet.

“You here all know that I will travel with this group. Most of you know that the quest means a lot to me but the quest is yours and yours alone. It seems the King has chosen me to watch over the Lady Althena and by my life or death she will come to no harm. So it seems my life and the life of the Lady Althena’s has been place in the hands of you good and fine people. I am truly honored to continue one with this group of people.” Conall then raises his tankard sky ward, “We give praise to the fallen heroes. May the Hall’s of Valhalla ring with their laughter and song. May the enemies we have yet to face flee before use like sheep before the great wolf packs. We will all come to the journeys end perhaps together.” Conall then drank from his tankard until it was empty and then through it into the fireplace. As the tankard smashed into peaces in the back of the fireplace Conall shouted, “Praise them! Praise them! Praise them with great Praise!”

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Church of Odin's Cut???
Posted on 12/13/2005 at 8:35:27 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon hearing the others voice their agreement that the coinage should also be split and donated to the families of the fallen, Alasdair poured another drink. Ready to give a toast and cheer, he almost dropped the glass as Cor said, "Of course you overlooked one recipient: the Temples of Odin." For Alasdair had never been overly religious in his outlook or his beliefs.

Quickly recovering his composure he ventured, "If the will of the Special Guards is to split the coinage thus and donate equally to the Church then so be it. For myself, I am neither a cleric nor a paladin and prefer to give privately and in my own way."

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Magiks
Posted on 12/14/2005 at 4:38:39 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says to Ulthok, “I can discuss my magic but talking about my homeland makes be sad so I wish to bypass that on if its ok. My god Magni, he of Strength, grants his chosen, us Sharmans, the gift of magic. From how I understand it it's like how clerics in your lands use clerical magic. I can still use a book but do not need one.”

When the toast comes Samson raises his glass and nods then takes a drink.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Treasure
Posted on 12/19/2005 at 4:23:13 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Towards the end of dinner, Alasdair motioned for everyon'e attention. "As for the items arranged in the room, I would suggest an even division of the coinage between our present and fallen members. As several have voiced their suport to donate a equal portion to the families of our fallen members, we are left with Brother Cor's suggestion to donate a share to the Church of Odin. While I have spoken for my own beliefs on this matter, the decision is the group's to make. As for the other items arranged in this hall, I would suggest that they be split as such:

to Ulthok should go the Potion of Master Thievery and Potion of Treasure Finding, to Af'Til should go Amulet of Cheetah Speed and an Extra Healing Potion, to Cor the Potion of Rest and an Extra Healing Potion, to Lady Haila should go the Potion of Dragon Sight, to Lady Cynil should go the Pearl of the Sirines, to Samson should go the Oil of Fiery Burning, to Hawk's family should go his Suit of Hide Armor, to myself could go the Potion of Ambrosa and the remaining Extra Healing potion, the Staff could be sold or donated to the church and the scrolls can be easily divided between the appropriate spell casters in our group," says Alasdair.

Looking to the others for their agreement he continues, "Now on to what we need to accomplish here in the city before we leave on our next journey for the King. Does anyone have a list of supplies that they wish to acquire, and/or items to have made or customized, magic or mundane? I for one an going to look into something a little more fitting for our group in terms of long term lodging. While the barracks do provide for a place to sleep, I for one would like to have a place to call 'home.' Does anyone else have such an interest?" asks Alasdair.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

a quiet place to relax and renew
Posted on 12/20/2005 at 5:17:32 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a quiet place to relax and renew would be most welcome indeed, sam and I would prefer something outside of the city preferably in the woods.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Cynil
Posted on 12/21/2005 at 8:57:09 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says, "I have no big ambitions but to see that Cynil is happy. If we have no pressing matters may she and I go wonder in the woods?"

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Pitty
Posted on 12/25/2005 at 5:28:12 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies, "Such a pity to be trapped inside stone walls when a beautiful outside world awaits."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Further discussions
Posted on 12/28/2005 at 3:15:09 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As he listened to the banter of the others, Alasdair pondered a thought, perhaps there might be an area away from the city that the King needed held and protected. To that end he would later seek an answer from the King, for know, he only said, "Much to think about for there is merit to both sides of the coin. The city does hold a wealth of information and opportunity, though the countryside does offer a sense of peace and comfort."

"Before we leave here tonight the scrolls must be claimed and decisions made for the safe keeping of our wealth while we are away. I plan on speaking to the King tomorrow and would ask that we be allowed to store our treasures within the castle's treasury whilst we are away. Those wishing to store their possessions as such, need only to let me know and I shall see to their transfer and safe keeping," finished Alasdair.

OOC: the day after the meeting Alasdair will seek an audience with the King to find out if there were a suitable place for which he and the Special Guard could call their home, be it in the city or in a remote place or perhaps both. He will also prepare a shopping list for good and provisions needed before their travels begin again.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

magma returns
Posted on 12/29/2005 at 4:30:47 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma enjoyed his drink and watched the socializing more than participating. He was a quiet sort, preferring to speak only when he had something worth saying. The dwarf was very glad to be with the group again and looking forward to getting under way for their next mission. The addition of Samson and Cynil is a good one. Magma looks forward to working with them in the near future.

On the topic of scrolls, “I have no use for the scrolls. I prefer the grip of an axe in my hand when things get serious. I’d just end up beating some troll to death with the scrollcase.”

When Cor brings up the tithe, Magma responds. “I certainly will contribute part of my share to Odin and his temple. As for the rest, I have no idea what to do with it; I certainly don’t want to be hauling it around everywhere.”

Then Alasdair brings up the idea of the King’s Treasurer. “Excellent Idea, Alasdair. I would be much obliged if you could have them store my share as well.”

OOC: I have been dealing with a family matter for most of December, but my time should be my own again for awhile.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Coin for all
Posted on 12/31/2005 at 2:34:09 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall gathered to him his portion of the treasure, (5,234gp 3,850pp 23,000sp) for a total worth of 21,784gp. With some work of the abacus he decided 10% (2,678gp worth) would go to the local temple of Odin, 10% (2,678gp worth) would be given out to the local poor, houses of healing and those food venders that seemed good to Conall so bread and other such food could be given to those families in need at a later time, and he also would find the cleric Af’Til and give to him 2% (436gp worth) for his services to be given to his beliefs how ever they maybe placed.

Conall gathered to him 5,356gp worth of coins and went with Cor to the temple. Along the way Conall made several stops at the houses of healing and those families of the poor and the food venders that were known to him to be good. At the temple Conall wated for Brother Cor to speak and then Conall stepped forward with his bundle of coins, “Greatings Holly One, I Conall Glendower of the House Glendower and here to give my tithing,” Conall then took a knee and waited for the Holly one to accept the plea for an audience from Conall. Upon acceptance Conall gave the bags of assorted coin that’s worth totaled up to 2,678pg. “This I give freely to the temple of Odin so his temple may be kept strong and his will be done. May Odin keep you.”

Then Conall took his leave of the Temple and made his way to find his friend Af’Til. When he found Af’Til he presented a bag that had inside 436 gold coins. “Af’Til, my friend I would give to you this bag so that you may do with it as you see fit to honor your god. May she watch over you and make you strong.”

Conall then sent word to his home that the King has in his keeping 2,083gp 2,003pp and 15,940sp that belongs to the house of Glendower. He then placed in a strong box the above amount for safe keeping for his house to pick up at a later time. He also kept in his bag of holding 2,000gp 1,000pp and 2,000sp for traveling expenses and doing good in the name of Odin, where ever his road may take him.

Conall then laid out all his items and began to ponder, what to take with him and what to leave behind or perhaps he could make of those things he found not useful, may find use in the hands of another.

OOC: Mr. Trill Please see the Q/A thread.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Shoppin
Posted on 12/31/2005 at 5:26:41 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says, "Cynil, we might as well go get new gear. You coming?" He will wait for her then go get the itmes he is looking for but not sure if it can be found or made.

OOC: On Q/A thread.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Wrapping up
Posted on 12/31/2005 at 6:40:52 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon hearing the words of his fellow compainions from the dinner the past night, Alasdair sat out to discuss something with the King and his advisors. First would be the storage of their wealth in the Royal Treasury and second would be the acquisition of home for their group. Perhaps a small keep in a remote area needed to be held and maintained. For surely the Druid, Giant and Ranger would feel more at home away from such a large city as they now found themselves in.

He would then ask for the name of a few magical shops and a respectible smithy for he had items to acquire. To this end, his next stop was the Royal Stables and to acquire new horses. Once there, he let it be known that there would be a bounty for anyone willing to return to where his warhorse and pack horse had been left before entering Krelis' lair.

After having secured a new mount, he set out with his coins to find the recommended shops and to see what could be acquired. Most importantly, he needed to find items which would better enable him to carry his equipment while travelling. Research had discovered that three such items were a Bag of Holding, though more appropriate to his goal was either Heward's Handy Haversack or a Pouch of Accessibility. These would be his primary focus, then the other items, and finally a smithy or mage capable of enchanting his family crested dagger, and perhaps able to increase the enchantment on his own longsword.

Once back in his room he counted out two piles of 3000 silver coins and then wrote a note to Cor and Af'til. To each he wrote, "Though I've no wish to have others demand a donation to the church, I am however thankful for their services. So please accept this as my heart-felt donation and see to its appropriate uses," each was signed Alasdair. Later that day he saw to it that each 'donation' was delivered.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

WOO HOO ! SHOPPING!
Posted on 1/4/2006 at 2:46:59 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indeed! Samson lets go shopping!

occ- sorry this is late guys

bic- Regular travel items
common robe 2 in greens, 4 weeks dry rations, 5 lbs rice, 1 lb raisins, 2lbs dry oatmeal, salt 1lb, side of cured bacon,
fish hook, flint and steel, glass bottle, iron pot, small brass brazier, bullseye lantern and flask of oil, hemp rope sewing needle, thread and sinew, 1lb soap, wineskin, soft boots
Herbs-
Chamomile, vervain, bergamot, bone set, monks hood, capsicum, coltsfoot, datura, mint, spagum moss, worm wood, queen annes lace, garlic, citrus peel
small vials of - wine vinegar, distilled spirits, cooking oil
incense ingrediants- dragons blood, pine gum, gum arabic, frankincence, cedar, sandlewood, rose distilate, lavender oil.
spell components-foxfire, bundle of sumac leaves,
5 snakeskins 3 diamonds ( no less than 1,000 gp each)
Sickle
weapons- sling
coin 5,184 gold 3,850 plat, 23,00 silver
she will donate 3,000 silver each to the same religious factions the others do as she sees no harm in incurring all the good will possible.
she will keep 1500 platinum and bank the rest.

ooc- cynil absolutely has to harvest some mistletoe at midnight on the full moon, this is the holy symbol she needs for half her spells.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

A day at the market.
Posted on 1/4/2006 at 5:45:27 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall packs up those things that he has and makes them ready to travel. He then takes those things that are worn and used such as rope and other everyday gear like salt and other spices, fresh flint and steel, excreta. With such things on his list he moves to the market place to buy common simple supplies. The cost of this little shopping trip will be kept from the coins set aside to be sent to the King’s strong room for holding. He will also grab some extra silver (a hand full 10 to 20sp) to pass out at food stalls and to the poor folk he may pass along the way. See food in the hands of a young child and the joy a mother carries on her face knowing her child will eat does his heart good, no matter what his father might think about such compassion.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

a forgotten axe
Posted on 1/7/2006 at 9:38:44 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma catches up with Conall. “Sir! You gave me this axe while we were in the underground, and I forgot to return it to you. I thank you for its use and thank you. Between my own weapons and this lovely crossbow I have been given, I am more than adequately prepared.”

The dwarf also meets up with Cor, in order to share some of his King's own personal stock with the dwarven cleric and to personally give him a donation of 600 gp for Odin's temple.

OOC: Welcome to the Game Bro.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

hi ho
Posted on 1/8/2006 at 12:11:28 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As the party giving for the great deeds of the fallen faded in to the night so does Af'til. He would retreat back to his grotto and prepare for the long fasting for the full moon and lodging to commune with gods. As he enter the sacred hidden cave shrine located somewhere his grotto that he calles his own, a place that only Lady Dru knew of and possible the second in command of unit(at the beginning of the journey), the party robes and other clothing drops to the floor as his kneel in front of his shrine in prayer. As being a devote follower Af'til. parts with and offer up to his goddess a portion of winning from the day deeds and ask for guidance and protection in the upcoming mission that’s filled with uncertainty and mystery. He would NOT be seen for the next 6 days as the ritual progress in praise of the full moon.
The moon that hold the world in balance.

IF the members find Af'til before the ritual he will be honor to take a donation for his cause. As Cynil offer the donation i Kneel if front of Cynil and thank her for the donation; Repling with "This is not necessery but i'm honour to think that some of this party believe and respect the powers from above in this Epic quest enlist to us. Like before if you need anything just ask i will see to it."(Dm had you get the sickle before i could, sorry) and in return he gives here a little hand carved rosewood ring with a strange engravment priece thou them.

(As noted in an early post that Af'til. went shopping at the mage and town before the party), He picks up the gear need to replaced his old and damage and a few item that holds his eye. The new mace would be a fine boost to battle the forces of darkness, and hand ax would be a good addition as well. With quiver now filled with arrow bursting from the top, Af’til travel the city in hope to find more diversity in armory for his bow, find first two arrow of oddly green and red hue enchanted with powerful runes.

In coming post I will list what I plan on doing when I return from my shrine. (i have email you to see if it ok or not please reply soon so i can update this message.)



Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:06:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


QUEST FOR THE KEY Trilogy War PT 2

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

QUEST FOR THE KEY Trilogy War PT 2
Posted on 1/10/2006 at 1:58:09 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The party had arrived back in the city in victory their stated mission accomplished. Though the King had given them a lackluster thank you on their return. It was clear in the way he welcomed his daughter back that he was in truth grateful to all the surviving party members and the two new ones. The next 10 days were all about themselves as no one required, demanded or even in truth wanted their help for the King had told all to leave them alone. He and Althena alone knew what was to come next and a little bit of pleasure was their due for a job well done. Bank accounts of a sort set up with the master of the King’s treasury and storage space from the Master of Arms and all unneeded wealth or items were placed inside. The party was once again lean and no longer carrying unnecessary weight. A possible new home sought, yet not for them beyond the castle walls. The promise of a new building to be built within.

All it seemed was quiet with nary a duty to perform the King allowing them time to heal both mentally and physically. For the two of them in the semi-know, the calm before the storm.
Af’til in prayer to his Goddess, gems, daggers and blood donated he hoped to be benefited by any special powers. Though he felt her love no powers did she grant him.
Cynil a quest for Mistletoe on two nights of a full moon granted, her stock of the herb full.
Conall spreading wealth among the needy and helping as always the poor. Yet shopping for basic supplies for a journey he knew was soon to come.
Cor to his church did go and returning to the party a different dwarf, abilities granted by his God. His faith stronger then before.
The others shopping did also do, money to burn yet for some the basic’s needed, others granted the benefit of a magical item found.

Yet still the King for the next 10 days did worry if all of them would yet go on this next mission. For it would be the beginning of journeys more perilous, roads more dangerous, foes ever stronger, then anything they may have known before. Had he the right to order these brave few, mayhap to their deaths.?? But if he did not would the mission be fulfilled. Yes he had the power to order them mayhap to their deaths, one and all, but did he have the right he asked himself yet again..Did he have the right.....


Then it had finally come, 10 days to the day after their return with the Lady Althena as foretold by both Alasdair and Conall, the two in the semi-know, the members of the rebuilt Special Guards were called before the King.

Awakened from slumber in the early morning hours by a members of the House Guard, informing you of the summons of the King. They await your dressing and readiness to leave in whatever manner of clothing or armor desired, then lead you to the main building of the castle
You enter the castle interior and are lead down a path none had ever taken before to a room within a room. 60x60 it was and far from elegant a large table with 11 chairs all but two empty, not the type of room in which anyone would expect to meet with a King. Yet before you seated in two of the 11 chairs are Althena and King Meridynn himself. No escorting guardsmen do enter.

"Come, please all take a chair have no fear this room is protected from all magic’s. It is a naturally created magic dead zone so none will work here. We will not as such be spied upon."

As each of the 9 did take a seat, Samson once again in human form, Neither King Meridynn or Althena did say a word. Patient it seemed to await for the company to be seated, once all were done the King his voice back to that of a King did speak.

"As I am sure both Alasdair and Conall have spoken of it to you, I have need of each of you as my Special Guard to undertake a mission of great importance. But let be known that I shall force none of you to go for the danger of death is great. At the end of this meeting the choice will be yours to make. As such I shall begin with a retelling of history that you may not know....

It all begin with the death of Eothain Ellesoir that upon his death A new race, the Valor, came to power. A circle of twelve great wizards ruled the land with kindness and benevolence. The most influential of these wizards were Karza, Kaladrial and Allanan.

Karza unbeknownst to any of the other twelve had became bored with life and began to delve deep into the farthest reaches of magic. As he tested the limits of magic, he grew more ambitious and spent much time exploring the dark arts. During his journeys in the magical realm he met a shade of Loki who bestowed upon him the longevity of the gods. However there was a string attached to this gift from Loki. Karza agreed to become the agent of Loki and to create new evil races on Trilogy, to act as Loki’s harbinger of destruction and to lead the dark God‘s armies in war. In so doing he broke away from the other Valor and moved to Cirith Ungol. There be built a massive fortress, Morderia. Upon completion of his fortress he sent out a call for all the children of evil to join him in a crusade against good. They came secretly in droves to serve this new dark master.

The other Valor remained in their tower and paid little attention to the events in Morderia. Only Allanan raised concerns and warned that war could come again to Trilogy. Firm in the belief that even Karza would not dare attack the Valor council, the others continued promoting their own agenda’s. They were soon scattered across the land. It was such when the vanguard of the Army of Karza swept across the Strait of Aladron and laid waste to all that was in their path. So began the First War of Darkness. For 23 years war raged across the land until the followers of Karza were defeated in an epic 55 day battle on the Desolation Plains. Yet Karza did in fact foresee his defeat and as such did set in motion a string of events that were designed to grant him a future, ultimate victory. From the primal force of chaos he crafted 12 amulets. These he had hidden in the deepest reaches of his fortress, places known to him alone. Karza was captured after the battle and led away in magical chains. It is now strongly believed by those of us who keep watch that he allowed himself be taken as part of his plan, for the next 20 years he was held imprisoned. In order to avoid detection of his ruse or un-natural longevity, he cast spells of a nature not known at the time and as such not countered by the magical bracers worn, upon himself that gave the illusion of aging. In his 21st year of captivity the other Valor took pity upon him and released him from his bondage. They were cautious as the bracers were removed and upon his finger they placed at that time a more powerful ring that they thought would render him yet still unable to cast magic. He was then bestowed with a new name, Annatar meaning "Giver of Gifts". For the next 16 years, Annatar traveled the world undoing much of his evil magic. However, during this time he secretly began to gather his forces once again in Cirith Ungol.

On the 20th anniversary of his release, appearing as if close to death, Annatar retrieved the amulets he had fashioned from their hiding places in Morderia. He offered them as a last gift to the other Valor as a token of his gratitude and goodwill on his supposed death bed. All save Allanan were taken in by the beauty of the amulets and the public good-deeds that Annatar had performed and placed the amulets around their necks. In an instant the evil nature of the amulets were revealed as the Valor faded into formless, shadowy wraiths. With a wicked laugh, Annatar now once again young placed the last amulet around his own neck. This amulet bent the will of the other wearers to his own. The ten Valor who were corrupted became known as the "Ten Who Were Taken" or simply "Shadow-Wraiths". As he controlled them, Karza became known as the Shadow King. Allanan alone did escape this fate and he at once traveled to the Dwarven Forge, Khazad-Dum and there destroyed his amulet in its fiery pit.

Karza saw no threat in the actions of Allanan and thinking the lone Valar no threat to him allowed him to flee. Kaladrial was appointed as Captain of the Shadow-Wraith and took the new name, "Sadist". The Shadow King and his minions finally did return to Cirith Ungol and once again occupied the tower of Minas Morgal. Over the next four decades, the followers of Karza gathered strength and delved ever deeper into the powers of dark magic. During this time they discovered the secret to binding chaos to steel. Karza used this knowledge to craft the "Steel Maiden", a soul-sword of immense power. Pure chaos coursed through its mighty blade. This was a sentient and inherently evil weapon with the ability to twist the minds of any other then a Valar to its own desires. With the completion of the Steel Maiden, the Army of Karza again stood ready to venture forth into the good lands of Trilogy.

The Elves (led by Jil Galad) allied with the Dwarves (under the command of Thorin Ironshield) and the Humans (who followed the banner of Crispian Turan) stood together. This mighty army collided with the Army of Karza and the Second War of Darkness began. For five years, the forces of evil slowly and methodically crushed the forces of good arrayed against them. First to fall was Thorin during a holding action near present day Erebor. His body was never found and his exact fate is unknown to this day. So far had the forces of good been pushed back that the waves of the Great Sea wet their boots. In the Dwarven fortress of Drimmen Dreeve they attempted to make a final stand. It was there that Jil Galad fell in hand-to-hand combat with Sadist. The Shadow-Wraith Captain did not escape unharmed; he lost a hand in the battle and was forced to flee to Cirith Ungol.

For days, the battle ebbed and flowed with neither side able to gain a clear advantage. That was until Crispian Turan, whose body was pierced by no less than 20 arrows, succeeded in slaying the mightiest dragon pledged to Karza. The dragon’s body landed amidst the Army of Darkness and it death throes killed thousands. That same day there appeared on the horizon a band of 200 wizards led by Allanan. The battle continued for fifteen more days until Karza and Allanan finally met face to face. The two locked in combat. Followers on both sides stopped to watch the epic struggle. In the end, Allanan cleaved a hand from Karza and dispelled his corporeal form. With the loss of Karza and the dragon, the Army of Darkness wavered and the forces of good began a rout. The wizards cast a magical slumber upon the Shadow-Wraiths and banished the Sadist to limbo. Karza’s Army quickly disappeared as its soldiers scattered throughout the land. Allanan took the Steel Maiden and secreted it away shortly before disappearing himself. His fate to this day is as yet unknown."

The King at this point did pause to allow all that he had so far spoken to sink in. Then with a breath taken did continue to the mission itself

"But Allanan was no fool before his sudden disappearance, some believe at the hands of a group of assassins he had been seen with last, he imparted the secret of the Swords hiding place to only the other Valar yet untouched by Karza’s evil, his only daughter. With her Dad gone, the great secret in her head, and no home to safely return to. she traveled alone for almost 1200 years her identity hidden from all. She found a home, fell in love, got married. Then watched as her husband was murdered right before her eyes by a band of roving Trolls, only by the grace of Odin and the fact the trolls did not know the secret she possessed did she escape. It was this that finally decided her to reveal her secret to one she hoped she could trust she. That person being myself , to you I present Althena Sunblayze Daughter of Allanan and my adopted daughter. The secret she holds may decide the fate of Trilogy if revealed to Karza, as such I sent you to rescue her, and you did not fail me. Now you know why other then my love for her why her rescue was so very important.

Now with that concluded we come to your next mission. A mission that no one must know about, friends, loved ones, family none must know the truth of it if you are to succeed. For as Althena has confirmed Karza has returned to Cirith Ungol once again. Some of you have yourselves seen him for his was the face within the floating circle of fire. And as such he now also knows of you so beware of anyone and anything you know not, his agents are surely everywhere by now.

Your mission, those of you who do decide to go, is to escort the Lady Althena to the Swords hiding place, allow only her to recover it and guard her as she transports it back here to be somehow destroyed. While you do that telling no one of your quest I will rally the forces of good to stand ready when Karza does pour from his island into our lands. Human, Elf, Dwarf and others of good must stand together or we are doomed to fall alone. But most important, the Sword must never reach his hand, for with no Valar to come forth to fight him he would be more powerful alone then us all. Add in a great army of evil and the good lands of Trilogy will fall. The Lady Althena though possessing a strange form of internal magic has not enough power to fight alone and survive.

Thus your job will be to protect her as she is the only one that can carry the sword safely without being corrupted by it. No one I repeat no one must bear it, unless in the case of Althena’s death and no other choice you have, and then only for a day or two and the same person never twice for its hold will grow ever stronger each time it is touched and corrupt any it will.!! The Sword is highly intelligent and will do anything to regain its masters hand think not to underestimate it even once I as King beg this of you.
Althena along with you 9 are our mayhap last best hope to finally end the threat of Karza.

I will now give you all time to think, for before you lies a quest that may claim your lives and though I could order it of you. I would not have you go unless fully committed to its success."

With this the King quietly awaits the choices of the 9 before him to go or not to go, Althena beside him with eyes seemingly begging for ayes from all, yet not a word from her lips spoken.

OK everyone I am assuming you all said yes

The King now did tell them the means taken to provide them the fastest way to get to the coast.
First a flight once again by Pegasus to the port of Helm’s Dike to board a ship for travel through the Strait of Aladron, which bordered the Mainland and the island of Cirith Ungol, to the port city of Chard Rush on the coast of Ravenshorn. Then by horse which would await them purchased by advanced agents North to the river city of Star Falls within the Dwarven land of Erebor where they would have to purchase river boats and again move North. They would then follow the river through the lands of Erebor, Callahorn, Rodruin, and finally into Greymark. Through the Silver Mountains, across the Silver Lake, into the forests of Rodruin and into the woods of Greymark. The location of the final hiding place still kept secret from all for the moment. Though the boat trip did run close to the evil island the route was quicker then overland, and time as it had been in the search for Althena was of the essence.

With the party all now in agreement to go the meeting was ended and the party did start to make their way to the door leading out of this magically dead room, only to be halted once again by the King.

"Hold ye all a moment, for I have gifts to give all of you in thanks for saving my daughters life.
First I present to you Magma champion of Dwarves this Axe of Hurling +2. May it by the grace of Odin always fly true.
Conall to you I give this Cloak of Protection +2, as the guardian of one who means the world to me may it make you harder to hit.
Next to the Lady Haila I give this Ring of Wizardry may the increase in 3rd level spells never leave you without them when most needed.
To the Cleric Knight Cor I present to you this Rod of Smiting, may you wield it for the cause of good as needed.
Next to you Af’til Fallendill I give a rare item mayhap the only one of its kind, to you I present this Arrow of Slaying All. Unlike any before or since even the most powerful creature will die if a hit you do strike. It is unknown if Karza it would kill yet the chance mayhap is there.
Lord Alasdair leader of this brave party I give to you this +2 Dragon Slayer Bastard sword may all evil dragons fear your coming, especially those green in color.
To you Ulthok Rydenham I do give you a copy of Boccob’s Blessed Book may it safely keep all of your spells handy.
To you Cynil, mistress of the woods I give to you a special Brooch of Shielding that will also grant you +1 to your armor class.
Now was there anyone else...Hmmm...Ahh yes the Giant Samson."

With a smile upon his face clearly showing his jest in seemingly forgetting the giant, the King brings forward a giant sized two handed claymore sword.

"To you I give something precious to me won in battle with a great foe. Its name is "Frost Reaper" taken by me from the dying hand of a Frost Giant in my youth it is +2 to hit only, its bonus not given to damage. Its other powers are such as a Frost blade vs. creatures of fire may you now be able to fight alongside these brave others as you were meant to. In your hands I know it will swing true.
To all of you once again thank you, though she goes with you into danger once again. I feel safer knowing she goes with you."

With that then the meeting truly did come to an end and all were allowed to return to the barracks to gather their belongings. The King wasting no time wanted them on their way at once, 10 Pegasus troopers at the ready.

The party all belongings and weapons, rations, backpacks and saddle bags readied or extra items stored, as horse’s were not to be taken, arrived ready and once again did each mount behind a trooper. (Samson of course in human form) and off they flew a travel distance of 640 miles crossed within 7 ½ hours arriving as the Sun was yet high in the sky. The troopers orders were to drop the party a few miles outside of the harbor as not to be seen. Secrecy would not be kept if the flight of 10 pegasi did land on a dock. Another 2 hour walk and the party entered the Port of Helm’s Dike and at once were headed to the docks to locate and board the disguised naval warship "The Stalwart" finding the decrepit looking ship no problem as it was by far the ugliest ship afloat. A ruse of asking for and paying for passage upon her finished, the party did await nightfall to sail. With the sun below the horizon and a half-moon above, did the "The Stalwart" set sail, a new mission for a party of 10 begun....

(OOC: Ok ladies and Gentlemen Part 2 has officially began. Hold on tight from this point its a hellava ride. Ok normal posting is in effect and that means next post Monday I hope to see all of you posting once again.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:11:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


96

Ok here is where Bromern Sal did take over the character of Cor after Mottle left the Game

Bromern Sal
Moderator
Posts: 506
Reply | Edit

Doth the Dwarf Thinketh?
Posted on 1/10/2006 at 6:15:54 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Certain aspects of the tale told by the king were certainly known to scholars and historians within the academic circles, Cor wagered that even Samson could have recognized some points of history. It was quite a riveting discourse the likes of which had held many a young dwarf in thrall by the hearths of the late night fires on holiday eves. Even he, in his younger day, enjoyed listening to the deep rumblings of the loremasters and their percussion accompaniment. This retelling, though shorter by far and less elaborate, was no less stirring to the blood.

The fiery-haired dwarf had sat still as though in mass for the duration of the tale and had continued his statuesque poise when Meridynn had made his request. It hadn’t come as a surprise to the knight-cleric of Odin as he’d spent the hours outside of worship pondering the possibilities surrounding the strange happenings of their last quest. Though the specifics were unknown when the summons had arrived, Cor Trollhammer had been nearly ready by pure speculation and had no trouble preparing himself for the meeting. Of course, it was his religious duty to support this company in its righteous hunt and when the question was posed him; the nobleman could do naught but nod in respectful acceptance and swear upon his holy device that he would endeavor to succeed though Death itself may sweep him away in Its embrace; the king’s gift graciously accepted with a bowed head and a reverence appropriate the situation.

Afterward, it had been but a moment’s passage for the hill dwarf to gather his traveling gear together and take to the back of those flying beasts once more. Cor felt uneasy with such heights and was forced to recede into meditation for the majority of the flight; all the more grateful was he when the firm foundation of the earth was underfoot once more and he could trudge along at a brisk pace towards the docks and the distasteful position of being aboard ship. It was the position of the priest to provide a steadfast block upon which all of the others could lean should they so require it, so he took great pains to shield his discomfort from his companions, offering them calming scripture, or favoring them with tales of greatness from the Sermons of The All-Father during appropriate periods of their march.

Upon the docks, the stocky man remained quiet and watchful, seeking anything amiss within the throngs of people that were about their business that day. Only once the ship had set sail and the harbor was nothing more than a sparkle on the fading horizon did Cor settle his watchful eye and seat himself at the bow of the ship, scripture in hand, to study by the light of the moon and reflect in the brilliance of the stars.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Another meeting another mission
Posted on 1/11/2006 at 3:02:17 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINALLY Summoned to once again meet with the King the nature of their next mission to be unveiled.

Ulthok arrives at the magically inert place where the meeting was to take place and quickly found a seat and set down to here what the King had to say.He listens intently to every word the King has to say.Some of the Kings story he had heard before and was part of Triologys history, but many parts where new and extrordanary.

The Halfling hangs on every word the King utters storing it all into his phenomenal memory hoping that maybe somewhere there will be something that may help the party at the correct time, something said that may shed some light on an extreamly dark problem.

When the King asks who is in he wastes no time in jumping in as do all 9 of them present.Then as they leave to meet at their first ride on this long journy the King surprises them once again by bestowing each with a special gift.He himself receiving a copy of Boccob's Blessed Book.

From there he returns to his room and packa all he will be taking with him on this journy.Everything packed neatly into his backpack and belt pouchs he hurries down to meet at the Pegasi for the first part of the journey.Having done this before the ride on the back of the flying steeds holds no trouble for him and the ride passes quickly.They are dropped about a 2 hours walk from the port they are going to so with the others he hikes the several miles into town.Finding the ship they where to travel on next he boards and once all is ready for departure he moves out on deck with his books and finding a good spot settels in for some reading and study time.


OOC:Tann If it's not to late I will e-mail you with the spells I would like to have memorized before we started out and if you will allow a couple of items I would have liked to of purchased before we set out.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Hi Ho Hi Ho
Posted on 1/11/2006 at 7:25:15 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
recap: Now was there anyone else...Hmmm...Ahh yes the Giant Samson."

With a smile upon his face clearly showing his jest in seemingly forgetting the giant, the King brings forward a giant sized two handed claymore sword.

"To you I give something precious to me won in battle with a great foe. Its name is "Frost Reaper" taken by me from the dying hand of a Frost Giant in my youth it is +2 to hit only, its bonus not given to damage. Its other powers are such as a Frost blade vs. creatures of fire may you now be able to fight alongside these brave others as you were meant to. In your hands I know it will swing true.
To all of you once again thank you, though she goes with you into danger once again. I feel safer knowing she goes with you."

Samson says, "Indeed quite a long and very detailed telling King Meridynn. My people have a differnt version but maybe cause we didn't have all the facts (no I ain't telling it). I along... quite sure anyways with Cynil will join your cause. We creatures now always wrapped up in the problems of man believe in a balance. I await Cynil's word but believe she will come."

When the sword is given, "Ahh, the famous frist brand. I have heard of this weapon. So, you the warrior who ended up with it. Not an easy task to acomplish. (seeing eyes) Rest assurd my new friends, even us good giants hear the stories of other giants faster than mands stories reach ou ears. (continues) I will put this sword to good use in your cause good King."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Blood Legacy Revealed
Posted on 1/11/2006 at 8:05:48 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the dinner and shopping out of the way, Alasdair again returned to the castle to try to see both the King Meridynn and Lady Althena. Much to his dismay, he was unable to see either. Trying to keep himself busy he tended to his own affairs, like the rest of the group was doing. Knowing that a new mission was soon to be given from the King, Alasdair made sure that his equipment was well cared for and already packed. He took this time to also make friends at court and with the Royal Guards protecting the King. He kept up his combat edge with morning and evening martial practice with bow, lance and sword.

Though there group had grown close these past weeks, he knew that each of them needed their solitude, so he did not press them for their council or company. For soon enough they would be at the thick of things fighting for their lives. best to let all relax and loose themselves in what manner they chose.

Upon being awoken by the House Guard, he knew that this day would bring an end to their relaxations.he was glad to see that each of the others had been summoned as well, to all he called "Good morning, me thinks that this will be a fine day to begin a new quest." Though his tone carried a light heartedness, in his heart he knew that back into danger they were headed. Not fearful for himself, he had grown fond of these friends and of the Lady Althena herself... neither did he want to loose. He quickly took his seat as requested and stole a glance of the King's own daughter and readied himself for what was to be announced.

For while much of the King's story was legend and history, he was shocked to learn of Lady Althena's true part in it all. For while he was charged with leading the Special Guards in their quest, Lord Conall was charged with protecting that which Alasdair held dearer than his own life. The irony of it all was that this bond was not formed from conversations or deeds between them, but rather from the intimacy created when their minds connected, several weeks past. The full realization set in when King commented on her 1200 years of existance, such an old soul and one perhaps weary and lonely.

Though for all his inner thinking, the quest laid out before them was not lost on Alasdair. He like the others gave a speedy "Aye" for acceptance of this quest, for he had no other choice. Both duty to King and to his heart called for him to continue upon this path. He also knew that her survival and the secretness of their mission was only second to the neccessity for speed. Though having got used to he new warhorse, "Beltane," he knew that travel by pegasus and ship would meet their needs far better than any sturdy mount. When the King ended the meeting he knew that they all would need to be about their business quickly and there would be little time to discuss matters, though he was surprised when the King called for them to halt.

Though surpised by the King's etiquette in order of which he choose to bestow the Royal gifts, he was non-the-less pleased to see that all were well received. Though Alasdair had pointed out earlier that the King had not publically acknowledged their previous deeds and sacrifices, now he had and at an opportune time. For surely all would be setting out on a better note and more confident in that their own King valued their services. As the King called Alasdair forward to receive his own gift, he knelt and accepted the mighty sword and said, "May it always serve to protect Shanntara and to destroy those who might seek to do it harm." His heart was warmed when King Meridynn bestowed upon Samson a truly unique sword. For in that act, he acknowledged the trust and value he now placed upon the originally untrusted giant.

As they left the castle chamber, Alasdair turned to all and send, "Well my friends, we're off into the unknown again. Gather your equipment and meet together at the stables to meet our escorts. We need to travel light and quick my friends for we begin to re-write history this day, for Karza is already dead, though he knows it not. Shall we remind him of his folly?" says Alasdair raising his sword in the air in salute, hoping the others will come together and pledge likewise.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

meeting
Posted on 1/14/2006 at 12:31:10 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I exited the my grotto I travel the castle grounds and besiege my fellow traveler to bless but a single blue rose from my homeland by laying a kiss upon its petals for I had a vision of a long and perils journey ahead of them and hope this would bring the safely back to town. With this I will cast sacred guardian on any that kiss the rose when I return to my shrine, if they wish not to bless the rose for reason’s beyond me(i.e. don’t believe in my religion, doesn’t believe in blessing for they don’t worship Gods, or simple refuse to kiss a thorny rose) , I will not and can not cast the guardian spell on them. I will add my magically bless coins of light and dark to my collection in my Girdle pouches for I see we going to need Fierna firelight to lead us ahead at some point and time, and the darkness to cover our tracks at the dead of night and will place my bag of goodberrys (x10 spells) inside my belt pouch on the right side. For one not of the city scale or scene I would like to take all my treasure with me in the form of gems and stones. I will trade in all but 500 platinum into precious stone and crystals from the earth of varying worth, and will keep them in my girdle as well. On the morning of the tenth when the guard came Af’til was already to go having already don his garments and has gathered his belonging and pack it into the respect places around his body, leaving nothing behind. As he walk down the hallway he noticed the dust fly up as the boots of the guard pounded on the cobblestone floor showing the passage has seldom been use. The passage lead to first room of an inelegant stature unfit for such as king would have, but seem more homey and relaxing to me then the feast hall that lay above. In this room sat another room where strangely the guard dared not entered but was only for the party and the king. Enter the 60/60 room my first though was that I seem to move more sluggish then before as my amulet stop function which was explained by the King as the Magic Dead zone to help prevent scrying and other form of spying. Taking a set next to the former comrade of the first unit I will listen to the story unfold as the King elegantly recites the history as of yet. At the conclusion, Ulthok eagerly accepted the pledge to the king, followed by Cor nod and then Aye from Alsadir. Connell already have my answer in writing and thus was not needed at this time, for Connell would make final decision for me as stated in the letter I gave to me at the banquet, for he is the one that stood beside me in my time of great need as others fell to their knee in act of pure glory and selfness, and he has been one of the longest lasting member of the first unit.

As the meeting ended I quickly exited the room for I didn’t like not being able to communicate with my precious Fierna, but was stop suddenly with a gifted of an excellently master crafted single arrow of untold power, as the other receives permanent boon to help them in the continuation of the fight against the overwhelming evil. With this gift I will place it in my quiver and nod in acknowledgement of the gift and process to the gathering area awaiting the other to finishing packing.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Off at last!
Posted on 1/16/2006 at 4:07:35 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The summons to the strange and dusty basement room was odd, but the history fit in with her old mentors teachings although the view point was a little different. Cynil leans forward and listens eagerly as this is just what she was hoping for, a chance to lay eyes on and observe *but not touch* an ancient artifact of incredible power that many believed to be pure myth.
She glances at Sampson her green eyes glittering with excitement, oliphants could not distract her from this mission now that she knows what it is about.

"To you Cynil, mistress of the woods I give to you a special Brooch of Shielding that will also grant you +1 to your armor class."

Surprised she accepts the gift with a graceful curtsy and a soft murmer of gratitude, she had expected nothing as a new and barely tried member of the team.
As the meeting ends and they return to their quarters to retrieve their gear then proceed to the stables. She is entranced with the pegasi, and enjoys the trip the power of the impossible beast below her the thin crisp air and the tiny people and towns below them as they soar. Even the cramping of muscles unused to such activity doesn't dampen her enthusiasm, although she watches Sam rather carefully unsure as how he is liking the flight as they have always walked.
The walk to the docks allows her to stretch and work out the muscles made sore by the flight as well as giving her a chance to study her new team mates a little closer. She is particularly interested in the paladin, having met very few of them, and remembers his kindness and courtesy in the dungeon.
The full armor intrigues her, she can't understand how anyone could ever encase themselves in a full metal walkin talkin coffin like that willingly. She supresses a grin as she watches him stride down the road "clanking merrily" along.
The ship look some what less then sound from a distance but when they are finally allowed aboard is sound and well maintained. Cynil scampers about the ship eagerly never having been on an ocean voyage, and explores the ship minutely to the point of startling the sailor on watch as she suddenly pops over the rail of the crows nest. Ignoring his sullen muttering (something about females and bad luck) She peers down at Sam something she gets to do but rarely. She is about to call out to him when she spots the paladin walking below, again in the tin suit.
A wicked glint in her eyes she reaches into a belt pouch for one of the smooth rounded pebbles she picks as she spots them for when she makes her sling, and giggling to herself aims and drops it on his helm then ducks to the floor of the crows nest as she hears the *ping*

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Conall moves on
Posted on 1/16/2006 at 5:38:09 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magma caught up with Conall in a long hall of the castle filled with old maps and tapestries of battles fought and heroes lost. Conall was standing before one of the larger tapestries that duplicated a battle between a very dark force and an army made up of many folk of the people of the world. On a small table near him sat a pitcher of thick red ale and three tankards. One of the tankards was half full the other two sat turned upside down and unused.

Magma speaks to Conall and returns the axe. Conall receives the axe "I thank you for the return of such a weapon and pray that if ever you find yourself in such a situation again all you have to do is but ask, and anything I may do will be done." Conall placed the axe on the table and picks up the pitcher and one of the unused tankards, "Brother Cor has introduced me to the finer dwarven drinks but as I am not yet fully learned on such matters I offer you a tankard of some that I have found in the kings larder. If you drink with me and tell me what you think I would consider it a great honor. Also if you would take a look at the tapestry here, the mighty dwarven warrior that stands before the army and leads them into battle bravely, can you put a name to him?"

The King has words, and much of them...

Then came the time of gift giving, Conall stood to received his gift from the king and then with these words gave his thanks, “By my death or by my sword no harm will fall to those in my charge.” Conall then gave a low, respectful bow.

The time for travel came, Conall mounted his pegasi, and the day was good for travel. He watch as the rest of the group moved to their mounts and noticed brother Cor was a little more than uneasy. Perhaps with the onset of this new adventure he had much goings on in his mind. He noticed Cynil watched out for Sampson as he does her. Those two will make a fine team within the group. A bond of friendship will cause brave warriors to do great things in the heat of battle to save ones friend. The good Magma was stout and Conall knew a dwarf so noble would throw down his life for any he call friend, be them dwarf, human, and might we say elf. Conall keeping his eyes forever watchful the party flew on.

As the flight was over it felt good to dismount and stretch. The walk down the road was nice but how he long for his war Horse. Light on his feet but as strong as any horse twice his size. Much like Conall, the smallest Paladin of his house, but a Paladin no matter what his father thought or said. Conall took great pride in that thought as he walk down the road ever watchful in his new position. That is when a strange feeling was upon his neck, the back of his neck. He glanced around casually as to see whom in the group might be sizing him up for what ever reason but none were to be seen watching him. Conall thought that perhaps it was the ever-watchful eyes of his father. Conall was in a good mood and his father always hated that.

As the arrangements were made for travel aboard the ship, Conall sat in vespers waiting for all to be made ready. Once on board the ship he did a quick scan of the top of the ship and not being on of the sea but loving the travel knew nothing about the ship but only that it was ship. As the top inspection was done he went down below to make sure all was well when there came a *clank* well more like a *ping*. Conall looked around and saw nothing. Have the eyes of his father become so watchful that it is making him hear things. As there was no ‘ptsss’ from dark shadows meant that no one wanted his attention from the shadows, Conall looked up, “OK gulls, you may try to brake the shells of your food for now upon me but my chain will be all that is left when I return top side next time.” Conall then said to quietly to himself “In full Composite I can not swim, at least in only the chain of my Composite, I might be able to tread water for a while. Although it will provide less protection than that of my full Composite.”



Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:15:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


A Short Post (LOL)

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A Short Post
Posted on 1/16/2006 at 6:50:49 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Party surprisingly, seemed to have no real sea sickness problems as the 2nd day out from Helm’s Dike did begin. Funny it was that not even Cynil who had never before been on a boat was not inflicted with any manner of sickness. The Druid in fact was all over it, even into the crows nest at one point. Her humorous nature once up there and with Conall below taking over.
All party members had been paired in cabins below deck and sleeping upon bunk beds.
Room 1 was Althena and Haila as of course female they were.
Room 2 was Cynil and Samson the pairing of Giant and girl at first looked upon as strange by the sailors.
Room 3 was Cor and Conall the perfect pairing of friends, the room right next to that of Althena.
Room 4 was given to Ulthok and Af’til they of all the others having the most space.
Room 5 was given to Magma and Alasdair for no other reason then they were the last two left.
With all items and passengers stored away the Stalwart did move quickly to the West and the port of Chard Rush, yet 4 weeks away. Thus on this, the second morning of the journey, danger and trouble seemed for the moment far away, the sea calm and a nice breeze blowing across the ships deck.

Alasdair this morn was found to be walking the ship’s length noting the many hidden armaments and trying to devise a good plan of defense should they be attacked once in the Strait of Aladron.
As he came around the stern he was hailed by the Lady Althena standing just outside her cabin door. Inviting him into her cabin she asks for a moment of his time to talk.

"Good Evening lady, how may I help you?"
"It is nothing really my Lord I just wished to talk.'
"It is always a pleasure to talk with you m'lady."
Turning to him Althena brings to words that which has been upon her mind for many days now.
"Whilst held captive something did happen between us and I am not sure of exactly what, it was you that gave me the strength to endure my captivity, to once again hope."
"Neither am I, for I've never had the intimacy.... of such contact before. It has surely had an impact...on me, M'lady it was you who drove me forward in the hopes of finding you yet alive and well."
Looking into his eyes Althena attempts to mayhap read of the truth of said statement.
"The touch of your mind was a sweetness that others could only hope to feel in their lifetimes."
"My lord Alasdair is what you say to me true for I have felt a stirring inside me that I have not felt in many years are you not appalled by my age, for truth it be that I am over 1200 years old."
With a sweet and gentle chuckle Alasdair does reply.
"My lady, in truth, your age is of no concern, for I have witnessed far stranger magic’s in my travels. That I might win thy heart and be unable to remain by your side for another 1200 yrs worries me more."
"I can see your worry and in truth my longevity has yet to run its course could you truly love one such as I??"
"That ye be the ancestor of great importance and the 'daughter' of my King also weighs upon me. For I have never thought myself so worthy. And yes, love would be an easy matter for me. For I view you are you are, not who you've been or may be destined to be. I could love you for the shine in thy eyes or the gentle touch of our minds. No one can truly tell what may come tomorrow, so I've always tried to live in the moment and cherish what it has to offer
I trust in what I feel and see... with you there is nothing to fear.
Enough of my ramblings though, could you feel for one such as I? Could you accept me by your side and love like no other before?"
"Truly my heart doust hear the words you speak for too long have I yearned for one such as you to love me for me and not be scared away due to destiny. Clear to me it is that we met for a reason, perhaps that was "our" destiny."
Giving into the emotions inside her she moves into the cavaliers arms.
"Yes Alasdair I could love you very much we have a connection stronger then words, but mayhap is now the time do we give in to the feelings inside us??"
With a gentle and firm kiss he replies,
"As such as we may give into each other."
With that Alasdair lets down his mental defenses and invites her into his mind to share a truer intimacy that that of just flesh
All the while enjoying the feel of this beautiful woman in his arms, marveling at the feel of her mind touching his as both of their lips connected together once again..
"Hold me Alasdair for I feel safe in your arms"
With that the Lady Althena did continue to kiss the Lord Alasdair.

Yet before one or the other could move things forward, Haila did return to the cabin to find them embraced. The mood broken both Alasdair and Althena somewhat embarrassed the Cavalier did make a polite exit only to meet a few steps later the Paladin Conall. The Paladin of course never far from Althena even during the quiet times as such as now. A conversation held between the two warriors.
The next few days again remained uneventful both Alasdair and Althena openly spending time together yet ever under the watchful eye of Conall and the other members of the party., all now aware of the growing attraction between the two. A short stop at Arcane Island for fresh supplies and back to the West the Stalwart did head, the Strait of Aladron yet a week away.


(OOC: Ok guys short post as my computer is going into the shop for a few days for a diagnostic test to find out why its not letting me do things like access my Yahoo email.
Also I want to see (if you guys are up to it) more interaction on the boat talk to each other, mingle for gods sake. Look at Soula’s post she interacted with Conall sorta I got a good laugh out of that. There’s not much to do on the boat true but interaction between party members would help my storyline. Ok hopefully next post Monday as norm unless they hold my comp longer then a few days.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:17:29.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.